DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,701 to 1,750 of 3,940 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava stares at where the quasit had been, mouth open. She's surprised partially because it actually worked, and partially because there's no bloody mess after it did.

She then switches her attention to the sword she's holding, looking it over carefully.

"I think we have something special here."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Yep, an underground pool!", Lia sits down in the watery pond, using the border as an armrest, pointing at the spiked heads with her other hand:"But the decoration is bad."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid begins searching the room and dead bodies for any valuables.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"That's just a pool of dirty water...isn't it? Although, I do get a creepy feeling that it wants something from me. Is that weird? I think that's weird."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Bone weary as it is Drasven gives voice to what maybe everybody's unspoken wish.
"I'd say we clean up here and get back as swiftly as we can."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia listens to Karmid and Drasven, then nods to the latter - and casts Prestidigitation...moments later, the pool water become cleaner and cleaner and she turns to Karmid again:"It's not dirty water. Just confused water. Maybe that's why it whispers to you?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Is everyone whole? I can heal those that may still be injured. Angela did a commendable job, Karmid. Well swung. Gwydd says, taking the wand in hand.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"I could use a little help Gwydd."

Ro isn't endangered, but she's bruised and battered. Her right knee especially isn't working quite right and she's limping because of it.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd grips the wand and squeezes her shoulder, releasing two pulses of healing energy into Ro.

CLW Wand (40 Charges left): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW Wand (39 Charges left): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili continues her day working her odd jobs, and waiting for the GodTouched to emerge from where ever they headed to this morning. She didn't keep close track of them, but news always made it around town when they were at the Rusty Dragon.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Shara heads into the room while Windsight breathes a sigh of relief, "I agree with Drasven, we should get out of here and come back again when we are whole once more and bring the Father with us..."

Gaven heals himself and aids Gwydd in healing those who are still injured.

Shara heads to the pool of "dirty water", "This is no pool of water, this is what drew me here..." She stares at it in wonder.

Treasure - The room itself is barren of any goods but the sense of evil lingers here as it did in the last room. Erylium possesses: (1) Cold Iron Dagger, (2) Tiara, (3) Black Silk Gown (as her body has vanished), and (4) Obsidian Unholy Symbol of Lamashtu.

Does the group head back up? If so, where do you go?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will follow the other's lead.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Detect Magic on the items. Just to make sure.
Then see if the black silk gown would fit flutter, size-wise.

Finally, and most importantly: Go back up to get our new party members, under the pretext of fetching the father to take a look at this curious underground spa.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava is close to restored to normal now. She Prestidigitates everyone back to presentable.

Yes, on to the cathedral now!


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

We should go back up to the Cathedral. We need to get the Father on this. Immediately. I want a chance to research some of this in the library anyway. Gwydd says, slipping the wand away again.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid shoulders Angela and scratches his chin.

"We should stay together. That doppelganger is still around here somewhere, although if its smart it is miles away by now. Let's head up."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven sweeps up everything and throws it into his pack.
"We move and find the good father to maybe remove the taint in this place. We can also examine these items at our leisure as well. Any longer in here is already giving me an uncomfortable feeling."

Also to bring in our new allies.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia is busy creating crude smiley faces on the speared skulls, enjoying the warm, clean water.
She is not fond of having to go, but reluctantly gets out of the pool, her dress clinging to her. With a little more time, and Rojava's help, she uses magic to get dry again, then stares intently at Windsight and Shara in turn - their birthmarks especially:"The gods are fickle. I hope they soon manage to settle what differences keep making them do this. But no help dwelling on that, lets go back to the Father."
Passing by the confused Windsight, she gives him a peckish kiss on his cheek, before moving on upward, Flutter following.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Shara remains by the pool, "I will stay here, I came to see this. Perhaps when you get back I shall have some answers for you... Worry not, if there is only one Doppelganger I know to attack anyone who approaches me alone no matter what they look like".

The dagger registers as magical Lia.

Sandpoint - The Cathedral!

The GodTouched return to Sandpoint as night has fallen, battered but victorious. Perhaps in many ways with more answers than questions. Gaven and Windsight remain silent as the group reaches the Cathedral.

Sister stands on the front steps, a blade in hand, on watch. When she sees you all she smiles, "You have been gone all day and into the night Acolytes, have you uncovered more of this foul plot that threatens Sandpoint?"

---

Jiliana and Edgar, as the hour grows late the patrols of the streets by the much reduced Garrison continues. You both stake out the Cathedral. As it becomes 10 pm you begin to worry that the threat has taken the GodTouched but within ten minutes they appear walking towards the Cathedral to a man and woman all are alive.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid, trying to get zombie brains off Angela by scraping it in the grass, commented before anyone else could.

"It was...a learning experience to say the least! However, I think we should talk to the old man before we say anything more."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili nudges Edgar. "They are alive. Should we talk to them now? What if they aren't interested in what we have to say." She sighs and moves out to of the darkness toward the group. Lighting up area around her with a Light spell.

She moves up to Karmid, "Hello. My name is Jiliana. I want to help with what you all are doing. I have skills that can help." She rushes to say. She turns to look at where Edgar was standing hoping for backup.

She gets more nervous as she stands there waiting for a response.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Obviously confused by the pretty half-elf confronting him, he turns a little red.

"I...a...Ro? Strange lady here?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

That's a complicated question to answer Sister Lilly. It would probably be best to round up you and the other priests and tell you all at once. The situation is going to require your expertise."

++++++

Roaja watches the woman's words and Karmid's befuddlement at them with delight. 'I have skills that can help', she files the scene away mentally to be used as a burn sometime in the future.

"Never fear Karmid, I will save you" Ro says dryly.

Ro extends her hand to the Half-Elf. "Hullo, I've seen you around some, but we've never met. I'm Rojava. That's Karmid. He'll figure out speaking for himself in time."

Oh yes I've seen you around honey.

"I'm not even sure what kind of help we need honestly. If Father Zantus and the other priests don't mind, maybe you can come along to hear what we have to tell them. Afterward it will be time for a drink or three. You absolutely can help with that."


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar approaches behind Jiliana, and a bit off to one side so he's not precisely looming over her. A habit of looming rather quietly was something he'd picked up in the military. He watches the exchange with mild amusement. He doesn't trouble himself with an introduction, as it will either come out naturally or someone will inquire. He gives a deferential nod to the superior presence of Karmid, not generally used to feeling particularly small in a group.

It was not that he was afraid to talk, but he had to gauge the others before speaking with them, lest he seem too eager. Thinking on that though, he also worried about seeming too stand-offish, but thought that the better path. One can always speak, except in a zone of silence, whereas being known as one who could listen was a better reputation. Rojava certainly didn't surprise him with her spirit and attitude, but he wondered by which gods the others were touched. Karmid seemed like he would belong to Erastil, a hunter, Edgar decided.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym walks up to the two new arrivals, his gait smooth and steady, a lightness to his step.

M'name's Gwyddym. Gwydd for short. I admit, I don't take much notice of the goings on around town. I spend most of my time in the library here at the Cathedral. It's good to meet you Jiliana. What should we call you, sir? Gwydd says as he turns to Edgar, offering his hand.

It will be nice to have more with us that are OK with causing harm to others directly. Perhaps I can convince Ro to show me some manner of how to properly wear armor. So they won't hit me nearly so easily. he thinks as he waits for the handshake.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Upon realising that some people approached them, and conversation had been joined, Lia stopped daydreaming while tagging along.
Staring directly at the mans eyes, she slowly approached the two, sneaking forward slowly, except she was doing so in plain sight, much like a kitten ready to pounce while playing.
Once she got close enough to hide from Edgar using Jiliana as cover, she sniffs the womans hair, then stands up straight and walks on into the cathedral, laughing.


The oversized butterfly that had been circling around the strange girl in the white linen tunic hovers behind a bit longer, with a voice as much actually being a sound as reverberating in the mind:"It's been a long day, lets all have dinner together, no need to talk out here."
For a moment, it seems as if the creature would stay around, but after a moment of deliberation, it hurries after it's mistress.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Hello Ro, Gwydd, Karmid, and... Did you just sniff me?" Jili looks totally confused at what the other woman did. The butterfly talking about dinner was very confusing too. She gives Edgar a glance as if to say Do we really want to join this?

"Should we go inside? Is it alright to just join you there?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid gesture's with a gore covered earthbreaker.

"The temple of Sandpoint is open to all who come without malice in their heart...and don't mind Lia my lady. She's more than a little bit different than your average person. You get used to it. Sort of..."


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar extends a hand, clad lightly in leather glove, to grasp Gwydd's firmly but not in an overt show of force. "Edgar." Having missed the interaction of Lia beyond her slightly unnerving gaze and the resultant laughter, he isn't quite sure how to respond to the question of whether or not Jiliana had been sniffed. The glance from Jiliana does not go unnoticed, but only causes a slight smile from Edgar. After all, how better to play the valiant than surrounded by... whatever this was.

Should the remainder of the group head inside, Edgar will take similar action, though he tends to keep toward the rear of the group.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Now isn't the time for all this nice and polite talk. Now is the time we report what we have found, partake of food and drink then..." he pauses "then we introduce ourselves. I'm Drasven, my apologies for being short but we have have had a long and tiring trip down the caves...." The dwarf glances around as if expecting an attack.

"Heading inside would be best...Best for everyone so the tale need not be told twice." he trudges inwards making sure to check that his crossbow is loaded with the safety on.........


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili will fall in with the group as they enter the Cathedral.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Cathedral!

Sister Lilly nods to Ro and enters the Cathedral a few moments before Edgar and Jilianna introduce themselves.

The group enters the Cathedral and sit in the pews of the Church quietly awaiting the Clergy and their fellow Acolytes to assemble.

Despite the late hour within 15 minutes, the strength of the Cathedral from all denominations are present. Father Zantus smiles at teh group warmly. "You have been gone for some time. By morning I would have sent a search party out for you. My heart is warmed by your return my children. Tell me, what have you discovered?"

---

Lia, yes, the silk gown could fit Flutter! The silk gown and the dagger register as magical.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Smiling numbly at the pretty half-elf oracle, Karmid will wave at the pew near him.

"You can sit over here if you wanna...I mean if you want to. No pressure. OK?"

He then turns a little red, and sits straight to watch the others fill in Father Zantus.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

After a few moments of silence Rojava looks around at her compatriots, then reluctantly stands up.

"Uh, well... The tunnel from the basement in the Glassworks connects to another place underground. It's very large actually, man-made and extremely old. Older than Sandpoint for sure..."

Rojava goes on to describe the area they explored and what they found there, the rooms and their apparent different purposes. She describes the presence of the doppleganger, a quasit, sinspawn, and zombies. Oh, and the freaky mutant goblin.

Ro tells the priests about the alter of Lamashtu and the unholy waters in the pools, but leaves the specifics of those to someone else who might have something more detailed and useful to say about them. She notes the external entrance to the place via another cave in the seaside cliff.

"That might not be the only other way in though. It's bigger in there than what we actually covered. We couldn't get into every place. There's certainly more down there we didn't see. Without walking it above ground I'm not exactly sure, but the place isn't just under the glassworks. It goes out to the east, maybe past Main Street, and north maybe as far as the Garrison House."

She concludes with a thought that comes to her while she talks.

"It might not actually connect to it, but I think it has some relationship to the Old Light. Maybe not literally the Old Light's basement, but another building from the same time that can't be seen on the surface anymore. They are the two oldest places in town, and equally creepy."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia sits off to the side, completely focused on trying to dress an apathic Flutter up in the tiny Silk Gown that had been retrieved from below, a curious Kira sitting on the other side of the butterfly and helping.

When Rojava starts her accounting of all that had taken place, Lia stops working on the Dress, cocks her head and listens.
Some of the things Rojava mentioned, she remembered differently...the shrine had been broken, and there was an oversized bathtub, and something about skunks that was very important.
But Lia knew better than to try and correct her friend. Those truths were for her to know. If Desna had seen fit to share them with others, they would remember things right.

But Kira would understand. Leaning over in a conspirative manner, she whispers in her ear:"Later in our room I'll tell you what really happened! I even have some kittens left!"


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Listening to what had occurred below ground, Edgar begins to consider whether he is in fact ready for all the adventure that seems to follow the god-touched. He had fought normal enemies, the threats of goblins and thieves seemed normal and almost passe to him at this time, but sinspawn? These were very real threats. He gave a hesitant look to Jiliana, one which conveyed concern for their safety if they did indeed try to join the ranks of the other god-touched.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
"You can sit over here if you wanna...I mean if you want to. No pressure. OK?"

Jili blushes, as she takes a seat next to the Shaonti. ”Thank you.” She listens as Rojava gives the report. Here eyes get wide at the mention of mutant goblins, and doppelgangers.

She glances at Karmid out of the corner of her eye. This group is very brave. I wonder if I'll be able to help them deal with things like evil gods, and zombies. Do zombies burn? she whispers to Karmid.

"Excuse me?" Jili clears her throat nervously as all eyes turn to her. "How much of the area do you think is left unexplored? Is it possible these zombie mutant creatures are going to be climbing out of the dark cracks underground through the Old Lighthouse and the Glassworks?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Coloring a bit at the woman's attention and closeness, Karmid smiles easily back at her.

"Sure...I think. None of us used fire on them, but my Holy water burned them so fire should work too. Right?"

Hearing the rest of her questions, forces the silly bravado in Karmid to come out.

"Nah. Sheez. We killed almost everything. There's a part we can't get to yet down there, sure. But that means those things can't get out either! Besides..."

Karmid pats his handy...and dirty...earthbreaker with a smirk at this point.

"Me and Angela can easily handle a few mutant zombies!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro adds to Karmid's comments.

"There is a door we couldn't open, but there's no way to know what's on the other side. Could be as small as a single room. Could be another section of the place. There is also a passage that's blocked by rubble. Probably that one is sealed."

"The troublesome thing is the doppleganger. It had used gaseous form, potions I think, to escape twice. A shapeshifter could come and go much easier than anything else. It can move around town unnoticed."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

The crickets from her friends starts to unnerve Rojava, sort of like being the kid who only half-completed the homework and is called on to give a recital. But there was no option except to continue on.

..... ...... Yeah. And so, there are some problems left. The alter for Lamashtu needs to be, uh decommissioned? It's still producing unholy water. And there's the larger pool in the room next to it. Both of those are beyond what we can deal with. It will take stronger divine magic than anything we have."

"Also there was no sign of Nualia Tobyn. The doppleganger appeared in her from, but that was all. It was the doppleganger for sure, she looked exactly like she did before the fire, which doesn't match Tsuto's description of her now. So either Tsuto is delusional, or the doppleganger hasn't seen Nualia, at least recently. I suppose it's also possible Nualia is actually dead, and the doppleganger just mimics her. Maybe it wasn't aware we'd read Tsuto's journal, and choose the version of Nualia that we'd most readily recognize..."

Ro doesn't really believe it deep down, but she holds out some hope their former acquaintance from the church wasn't the one responsible for all that had recently happened.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd has been sitting by quietly for the most part, letting others do the retelling of their story to ensure that the telling was succinct. He tended to be, well, flowerier with his tales.

I hope you are right Ro, I really do. Though I feel like I should purchase some armor if we're to continue these investigations. I would appreciate any advice on what would work best Ro. Gwydd says as she finishes her retelling.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"I haven't been in town long. Who is Nualia? Why would the doppleganger want to look like her?" Jili asks the group.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava take a big deep breath and...:
Ro looks at Jiliana. "Oh yeah, I guess there's a lot going on that isn't exactly well known yet. Nualia was, is, the daughter of Father Tobyn, who was head priest before Father Zantus. A few years back, the Sandpoint Chapel burned down. Father Tobyn died in the fire, and everyone figured Nualia did too. She was nowhere to be found afterward."

"Some of us were here that far back, Karmid, Gwyddym, myself, and remember her. She was hard not to notice, and hard to forget. She's an aasimar, the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. She was a bit older than us. I can't say she was a friend, never payed much notice to me."

"Anyway, the murders in the Glassworks were managed by Tsuto. He's Ameiko Kaijitsu's brother, or half-brother since he's half-elven. I doubt you would have heard of him either. He hasn't been in town for a good while. He wasn't exactly a welcome member of the family as far as their father Lonjiku was concerned. Tsuto and the goblins he brought along killed Lonjiku and everyone else there. No doubt to satisfy Tsuto's grudge, but also because of the passages under the building."

"Tsuto's in the jail now, and we found a journal he had been keeping. It's given us most of the information we have about what's going on. He's partnered with Nualia, and she seems to be the one running things. For some reason she's come to hate Sandpoint, and has plans in the works to destroy it, burn it all down. She's united several goblin tribes to help, and seems to have some kind of relationship with the quasit in the Lamashtu shrine down in the catacombs."

"Nualia and Tsuto planned the raid a few days back, which it turns out was to cover stealing Father Tobyn's body from the cemetery. According to the journal she needed it for some kind of ritual to transform herself. They're planning a much larger raid to come soon. The real one. The rest has just been diversions and preparation."

"That's pretty much what we know. No idea where the Doppelganger fits into the picture, but Tsuto's journal does mention some other names we can't place. There's Ripnugget, who sounds like a goblin to me, a bugbear named Bruthazmus, and Malfeshnekor, who Nualia is trying to "release". Malfashnekor doesn't seem to be run-of-the-mill trouble. None of those would be the doppelganger."

"The doppelganger has taken Ameiko's form, and Lia's as well as Nualia's. Whatever will mess with us the most at the moment. As much as I'd like to think the doppelganger is just using Nualia's form to fool Tsuto, and maybe to frighten and confuse people, there's something about the idea that doesn't sit right. If it's a con, why mess with all the transformation stuff? Tsuto obviously doesn't like the idea from what he wrote. If you're running a con, why throw friction in where you don't need to? It would make more sense to keep Tsuto very happy. As weird as it is, the transformation sounds like a genuine personal motive for a real Nualia."

"One other thing Tsuto says to the journal: 'few Thistletop goblins perished' in the first raid. To me it sounds like they are the tribe Nualia depends on the most. None of the other tribes are mentioned by name, and their losses don't seem to matter to Tsuto."

"Since Nualia wasn't in the catacombs below the Glassworks, it looks like she isn't in Sandpoint. If she's not in Sandpoint, the best guess for where she's at is with the Thistletop goblins. Thistletop is east of here along the coast, not too far."

K Local or Geography (Don't know which is more applicable): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jiliana gets paler and paler as Ro's explanation goes on. You can see she is visibly upset as talk of another raid comes up. When she opens her mouth and speaks Common is not what comes out. "Mae wedi bod yn llawer yn digwydd nad oeddwn yn gwybod amdanynt. Beth alla i ei wneud i helpu? She turns sheet white when she realizes she's showing her curse in front of the god chosen, and the leading religious leaders of Sandpoint. She looks at Edgar for help.

Celestial:
There has been much going on that I didn't know about. What can I do to help?


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym look at Jiliana and cocks an eyebrow.

Interesting. You've a bit of the heaventongue, eh? Perhaps we could talk more in some, calmer, times. he says with a wink toward the half-elf.

As for how you can help, much of that depends on where your skills lie, I would imagine. I'm not much in a scrape, save for helping Karmid there swing true and patching people back up. But matters of the tongue, I'm well-versed.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar looks at Ro as she describes what has occurred. He doesn't pale or even seem to react, beyond the crease in his brow deepening. This goes farther than I had imagined, the past, the present, goblins, was that the name of a demon? Jiliana's reaction is not surprising. The stress was becoming too much for her, again. As she spoke, he nodded appreciatively, and was preparing a response when Gwydd spoke up. Not normally one to copycat, he also raised an eyebrow. Who would think that these were the languages others spoke as well. "I do hope you'll forgive her, when she gets a bit overwhelmed, her tongue loses itself. I assure you she is capable though, and power runs through her. Quite a lot of power." The interest of all the other men in Jiliana provoked a knee-jerk big brotherly reaction, but he staved off any such impulses. These were all grown individuals, he had no right to rein in their emotions.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Having finally managed to get Flutter into the Gown, with Kira's help, during Rojavas explanation, Lia looks at Jiliana when she speaks up:"That sounds nice. Melodic. I remember. You will be teaching me? Are you the one I learn it from? You don't actually understand me right now do you..."
Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Using a mixture of Sign Language and universal gestures, Lia attempts to repeat her message nonverbally, before giving up and looking at Edgar:"Could you help?"


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili looks relieved that Gwyddym understands her. In Celestial: "I can heal, and I can bless. I can Bane our enemies, and if they don't have a strong will I can make them attack each other. Oh and burn. I can burn things."

She looks confused at Lia's gestures.

She is clearly calming down when she realizes that no one is going to attack her immediately.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Cathedral

Kara giggles at Lia's statement considering the seriousness of the matter at hand. Talene sitting on the other side of Kara, nudges her to shush.

---

Gaven nods to Gwydd, "I would recommend wearing something light Gwydd if you are not used to wearing it. I fear I will not accompany you all on this next task, I believe that with the danger of the doppleganger and the potential further threats from below, I should stay behind in defense of the Cathedral and Sandpoint itself if this planned attack does come".

---

The Paladin Jasper Korvaski focuses on Ro's information related to the Shrine in the Catacombs, "It is a shame you were forced to slay the Quasit. A question of that creature could have yielded a great bounty of information. Father Zantus, I would lead a small team to this shrine to Hallow the altar and secure the catacombs if the GodTouched would be tasked with locating Nualia".

Jasper looks to Jiliana, "If these cracks below should reveal Goblins rest assured I and those that Father Zantus sends with me will firce them back underground where they belong".

---

Sister Lilly's face grows dark when Ro mentions that the dopplegenger has escaped, "We must be vigilant of this development. Walk and sleep in pairs to ensure that none can be caught unawares. Vachedi should be made aware of this so he can inform the locals as well".

---

Once everyone is finished, Father Zantus nods at Ro's explanation, "It may well be connected and related to the Old Lighthouse. However, that is a matter that must be explored later.

I think that Tsuto has indeed seen Nualia Tobyn. Further questioning of Tsuto with Ameiko's assistance has yielded some fruit. The fruit of Thistletop. I have come to the same conclusion you just reached Ro, a raid on Thistletop seems to be the next best action we must take.

Sitting back and doing nothing does not seem to be an option. Nualia must be stopped at all costs.

Although you are a young group of Acolytes, you have demonstrated your worth and your skill. Will you take up the mantle of the Hero once more and strike at the heart of this evil?

Retain those items that you have borrowed from the Cathedral as I believe you still have great need of them.

It would seem that these two would wish to join you as well no?" Father Zantus gestures to Jiliana and Edgar.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jiliana stands up from the pew. "Yes I want to join them if I may." She does an odd combination of curtsy and bow, and then sits back down quickly.

1,701 to 1,750 of 3,940 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.