DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,901 to 1,950 of 3,936 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Marching/Crawling Order: (1) Karmid, (2) Ro, (3) Drasven, (4) Gwydd, (5) Lia, (6) Gwydd, (7) Jiliana, and (8) Edgar.

The group heads through the tunnels. As he crosses over the spot where the underground tunnels run east and west, Karmid spots a large drag mark, what exactly is being dragged he is not sure. Whatever it was, it was so big that it took up the width of the tunnel!

Still, no good will come of exploring those tunnels further thus the group heads to the other side and through the earthworks to the ground above.

Before them is another set of impassable trees. Running east to west as Drasven described, is a path under the canopy where the "longshanks" can walk upright. There is also a path north

North, East or West? Parts of the Nettlewoods Map has been uncovered. I placed a Karmid Icon on the map which represents the whole group due to limited space.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Good, I was going to request the back. :)

Edgar, once out of the space and getting his bearings somewhat, recommends East, because he knows that in a maze if you keep your hand on a wall and just keep following it, eventually you'll get out.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"East is as good as any direction I guess." Jili shrugs as she cleans the dirt off of her knees. She then stands up and looks closely at the paths.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid shrugs.

"I hate puzzles. Ro? East works as good as anything else at the moment from what I can tell."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Then East it is."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Unhooking his hammer again now that there is more room, Karmid moves forward, expecting trouble around every corner as they slowly move East.

Stealth w/Armor penalty: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro looks around then shrugs. "East is fine. It all looks the same."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I wonder if I could turn into an Ant? They are fascinating. Are there girl ants? I don't want to be a Queen. Maybe a Bee would be better? There are girl bees!..
...

Quote:
..."East is fine. It all looks the same."

Snapping out of her thoughts, Lia is quick to agree with Ro. She was the leader, she was right..."Yes, it all looks the same. East is good. Fine, I mean."

Then she turns to Flutter:"Would you mind flying up a bit and checking if you can see the correct path, while we head east?"


"Certainly, I can try!", Flutter responds, as he attempts to fly straight up and get a rough idea of the layout.
Not asking for a full map reveal there, that would be boring :) But maybe some advance warning/initiative bonus/knowing where to head towards or something...
Stealth, Diminutive, Dex: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava nocks an arrow and follows after Karmid.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Perception (Aid Karmid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar resumes his spot at the rear, sword and shield readied in case of ambush. He tries to keep alert. Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym moves along, focusing on the beauty of the trees as they move around.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven feels the discomfort of having to squeeze in again but this time since the tunnel is slightly widened this time, he figures it wouldn't be so bad.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili takes her place in the line. Pulling out her bow and nocking an arrow.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Marching/Crawling Order: (1) Karmid, (2) Ro, (3) Drasven, (4) Gwydd, (5) Lia, (6) Gwydd, (7) Jiliana, and (8) Edgar. Note Drasven that the group opted to skip the tunnels and return to the ground, just on the other side of the nettles.

Neither Flutter nor the GodTouched hear anything but the wind through the trees as it shakes the nettles. Once more coming round the hedges the path runs northeast and northwest.

Dead center in the copse of trees to the west is an open cave. As you pause to consider which way to go, from within you hear the sound of lapping water!

Knowledge Nature DC 14:
This close to the sea this is no doubt a cave that leads out to the water, which way and whether it would be useful is unclear. However, it is unlikely that it would be connected to the Goblin warrens below as that dirt was too dry to be connected to a cave such as this.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro looks over in the direction of the cave and quietly asks Karmid "Check it out or move on?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Wincing in doubt, Karmid answers slowly as he thinks.

"Goblins and caves go together like flies and feces. We need to check it out at least. Despite the evidence, this could be their lair for all we know...or a trap."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Let's take a peek. That way we know for sure it's not full of goblins following us." Jili looks unsure if that's what she really wants to do, but it makes sense.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Then shall we?" Drasven questions as he fingers the safety lock on his crossbow.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym continues to hold in the middle of the pack, glad to have people before and after him.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Drasven, possessed of the best night sight, takes a knee and peers into the shaft.

A glittering grotto sparkles here, its walls dripping with moisture and alive with sea urchins, anemones, and other tidal life. The cave’s roof
rises to a natural dome ten feet above the water where a five-foot-wide chimney rises through the roof in a shaft. The waters here are far from still likely affected by the surf nearby.

It'd be a tough hole to slip into for Karmid but the rest of you could likely manage if you had to. Still, the whole grotto appears to be submerged, at least from what Drasven can tell.

If you opt to pass this by, you can still head northeast or northwest.

Still no sounds of Goblins or otherwise.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Hmmm a cove still submerged here. Could have suitable fresh seafod for those who likes that. No goblins do I spy though."

Looking directly at Karmid.
"You're a big one and getting in will be a problem for you if we have to slip in. Though it'll be almost the same for everyone else. Scout or go?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia stands behind Rojava, busy taking in all the nature surrounding them. The glittering grotto catches her attention for a moment, but her mind quickly wanders on, while she absent-mindedly hums the melody of a song never written.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid hooks a thumb over his shoulder.

"Go. No goblins? Water? Sounds like a wild goose chase for now."

Karmid checks for tracks to see if a certain path is followed more than another...and to see if he can determine what was dragged away through the nettle-tunnel that he noticed earlier. Whatever it was, it was large and should leave an impression.

Survival(Tracking): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Very nice tracking, Karmit.

Edgar continues to cover the rear approach, alert and attentive for any impending danger, at least from that direction.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro continues to follow Karmid's lead. She keeps a particular eye out for any signs of an exit from the underground tunnels, figuring the branches they didn't explore might also have exits. She doesn't want any surprises from the rear if there is trouble among the hedge paths.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"That sounds like a pretty place." She doesn't protest when the group decides to continue on.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Agreed then." Drasven nods his head in understanding as he waits for the big man to take the lead in scouting ahead.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

When they move on, Lia seems confused as Edgar takes his place at the stern again, as if trying hard to remember something-:"Uhm...have we been attacked in the rear already? Or was that later?"


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Clarification. You above ground ATM. The drag marks in the nettles tunnels would cause you to go back underground to track them. You can certainly go back if you wish.

Karmid looks at the ground now that the group has paused. He sees, well nothing, small and medium woodland creature paw prints on occasion, his belief, the Goblins don't use these pathways at all. Wait, that appears to be some sort of wolf or dog print...

DMD ONLY:
Perception DC 15
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Lia Tani 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Gwydd, Drasven, Lia, and Jiliana hear something, sounds like a snorting or a sniffing from not far away, they think behind them in these nettle pathways.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd taps Drasven on the shoulder. Do you hear that? Snuffling or something behind those nettle pathways? he whispers to the stocky dwarf.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Aye. I do laddie. Someone with better skils then I should check this." Drasven whispers back while indicating the more survival based party members to go ahead.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Not having heard the ruckus behind the group...

"I think this is some some sort of hedge maze. The goblins...are back through the other part of the under-hedge tunnel. There were goblin signs and drag marks. The only tracks here are for animals...dogs or wolves of some sort. We should be cautious..."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro is disappointed and groans quietly.

She asks Karmid "do you think we need to go back and use the tunnels?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Oh, was that now? I knew something was supposed to happen!", Lia points at where she was hearing something, drawing Edgars attention towards it.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Marching Order: (1) Karmid, (2) Ro, (3) Drasven, (4) Gwydd, (5) Lia, (6) Gwydd, (7) Jiliana, and (8) Edgar.

As some of the GodTouched draw attention to the noises, none are surprise when several Goblin Dogs charge at your group!

DMD ONLY:
Initiative
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
GD 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Initiative - Round 1
Gwydd, Lia, & Jiliana - GO!
Goblin Dogs (6)
Karmid, Edgar, Ro, Drasven

They are 20' from you at the beginning of the round. BY Round 2, I'll put up a map. Just in case you lay waste to them in Round 1 :-)


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym turns to see the dogs and immediately begins a lilting song with his fingers waggling back and forth. Finishing with a jab of one hand, he targets the forward-most dog and speaks the final command word.

Casting Confusion, Lesser at the nearest doggo. DC14 Will save or be confused for 1 round.
1st 3/4 | BP: 11/11

Confusion:

This spell causes confusion in the targets, making them unable to determine their actions. Roll on the following table at the start of each subject's turn each round to see what it does in that round.

d% Behavior
01–25 Act normally
26–50 Do nothing but babble incoherently
51–75 Deal 1d8 points of damage + Str modifier to self with item in hand
76–100 Attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject's self)

A confused character who can't carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently. Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a confused character. Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still confused when its turn comes. Note that a confused character will not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (either because of its most recent action or because it has just been attacked).


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili makes a little sound as the dogs come running at the group. She steps where she can get a clear path. She speaks words that are not Common, and fire shoots from her hands in a wave.

Fire: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8
Casting Burning Hands DC 14 Reflex Save. If they fail they catch on fire. 1 Damage for four rounds.

Burning Magic:
Burning Magic (Su): Whenever a creature fails a saving throw and takes fire damage from one of your spells, it catches on fire. This fire deals 1 point of fire damage per spell level at the beginning of the burning creature’s turn. The fire lasts for 1d4 rounds, but it can be extinguished as a move action if the creature succeeds at a Reflex save (using the e=Rounspell’s DC). Dousing the creature with water as a standard action grants a +2 bonus on this save, while immersing the creature in water automatically extinguishes the fire. Spells that do not grant a save do not cause a creature to catch on fire.

Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Freeze!", Lia shouts at the dogs, simultaneously making a throwing motion with her hand towards the Doggo that still looks least hurt after her companions actions.
A ball of ice and snow comes into being, accelerating towards it's target and impacting it with a thud, and releasing a cold intense enough to freeze the blood in the goblin dogs veins.
Silently, Lia murmurs:"Winter is coming!" as she steps back, allowing Edgar to do his rear guard thing.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Cold: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 4, 4) = 21 +Fortitude Save DC 14 or be staggered if it survives that-
Casting Snowball, spending one Arcane Pool Point to raise Caster Level by 2(Potent Magic)


Flutter remains in the space Lia vacated, not presenting much danger himself, but shielding his mistress against the hostiles nonetheless.
Despite being a butterfly, his bite seems to be...displaced. And amplified.
Indeed, when Flutter seems to lash out, teeth much too large to even fit into his head seem to come into existance as far as 5 feet away from him and assailing his target.
Of course, that also forced those near him with hostile intentions to shield themselves against his assault.
Assist Edgar, AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Flutter has the Reach Evolution on his Bite, allowing him to attack(and threaten) into adjancent spaces. That means he can also use the Aid Other action to try and increase peoples AC - in this case our rear guard.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - Nice Doggie?

Lia and Jiliana unleash fire and ice at the dogs as Gwydd casts a spell at the lead dog. Which shakes off whatever the spell was.

DMD ONLY:

GD 1 - Reflex Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 HP= 5/9 -
GD 2 - Reflex Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 DEAD!
GD 3 - Reflex Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 HP = 2/10 -
GD 4 - Reflex Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 HP = 2/10 -
GD 5 - Reflex Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 HP = 2/10 -
GD 6 - Reflex Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 HP = 2/10 -
GD 1 - Will Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Attacks
GD 1 - Bite Edgar - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 HP= 5/9 -
GD 3 - Bite Jiliana - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 - Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 HP = 2/10 -
GD 4 - Bite Gwydd - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 HP = 2/10 -
GD 5 - Bite Lia - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 HP = 2/10 -
GD 6 - Bite Drasven - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 HP = 2/10 -

Of the six, four are horribly burned by the flames that spread from her hands!

The second in line drops instantly frozen with its body still crackling on fire!

Still, the remaining five leap upon the rearguard and through! Attacking Drasven, Gwydd, Lia, Jiliana, and Edgar. Edgar side steps the leap of the dog threatening him. Jiliana has no time after her casting to step away and is caught on the leg by vicious teeth.

Gwydd is likewise the recipient of a nasty goblin dog bit but on his hip. Lia catches a bite on her casting hand. Hell, even the dwarf cannot evade the fleet creature's bite!

Jiliana take 7 damage, Gwydd 4 damage, Lia 7 damage, and Drasven 8 damage. Each of you must also make a Fortitude save DC 12.

Initiative - Round 1
Karmid, Edgar, Ro, Drasven -GO!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"NO! Goblin dogs!"

Turning quickly, Karmid pushes his way toward the melee! With his bone Klar-shield on his left arm, Karmid attempts to strike the closest dog with Angela!

Thunder and Fang Earthbreaker(1-Handed): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Dwarven Fortitude! 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Attack the one that he can reach 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d8 ⇒ 2

Steping away from the bite, Drasven attempts a shot but the close quarter combat here wasn't doing him any favors!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro turns about and looses her arrow. She takes the clearest shot at a dog she can find.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar strikes at the dog that had just missed him, his heritage causing the blade to trail slight flame behind it.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Celestial:
Dammed Goblin Dog. Ouch that hurt you horrible creature. How badly is everyone hurt?"
She looks around as if expecting a response from the others.

She whacks at the closest dog with her morningstar.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I think we've been omitted from the list because a map will come after the round(before R2) - if I am wrong and Jiliana, Lia and Gwyd should act in this initiative-set as well, GM please clarify


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - Nice Doggie?

Five swings and four corpses later there is but one four legged foe left!

Initiative Round 2 -
Gwydd, Lia, & Jiliana (Acted) - GO!
Goblin Dogs (1)
Karmid, Edgar, Ro, Drasven

--

Yep, I didn't set up Round 2 on purpose as I thought they might all be dead before you got a second go Lia! It's also why I did not set up a map.

---

Almost instantly Jilliana breaks out in an itching rash. A creature affected by this rash takes a –2 penalty to Dexterity and Charisma for 1 day. Gwydd and Lia still need to make these saves


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Snowball, RTA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Lia is clearly surprised be the Goblin Dog weaving through her colleagues to get at her. Even though it falls a moment later, her second snowball aimed at the remaining Beast misses by a wide margin, slamming into part of the vegetation behind it.

1,901 to 1,950 of 3,936 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.