DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,755 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Agreeing with Ro's assessment, Karmid nods emphatically.

"Besides, what if 'it' damaged Angela? Or cursed her! I'd never forgive myself!"

Karmid then pulls his hammer to himself and kisses the bulbous head of it with a quick peck. He then then proceeds to spit out the rotten zombie taste he accidentally picked up!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Once she's reasonably convinced nobody is going to do anything rash, Ro goes over to examine the doors for anything dangerous and to see if they're open.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro finds the doors locked. The oppressive evil of the small room weighs heavily upon the group so Touched by the Gods of Good.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Muttering about all the locked doors down there, Ro goes to work on the lock.

Take 20 for 26 Disable Device


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"It is what I think it is." Drasven examines the basin and checks its base.
"The scales are not balanced. It should be righted else who knows what other foul creatures will arrive here in order to make use of such a shrine. I do not like such an abomination to stand while we can do something about it." he glares hard at the shrine.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia is seemingly restless after Karmids refusal to attack the source of the evil aura.
Seeming to calm down enough for Ro to start working on the lock, she suddenly grabs for a vial of holy water on Karmid, opting to hurl it at the Altar: "It hurts, in my head! Make it stop!"

Theoretically thats an untrained Steal Combat Maneuver vs Karmid. but I'm not even rolling, Lia's not subtle about it, just acting "fast", but leaving it up to Karmid if he stops her mid-action or not.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid won't stop Lia's grab, but he'll be startled and look hurt a little, kinda like a kicked puppy.

"Lia! Don't waste that! We may need it later. Look...we can smash this place later! We need to stay focused...kill the bad guys. THEN we can smash this place."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava stops working on the lock and looks back over her shoulder. Running a hand wearily through her hair, she frowns at the renewed squabble over what to do about the shrine.

"Can't we just concentrate on the things flitting around and talking about murdering us? Isn't that enough right now? Let's deal with that first."

"Lia, if you and Drasven want to come back tomorrow and bash all that stuff back to the abyss and sow this whole room with salt and fairy dust, by all means go for it. I myself plan to take a day after this. I need to find a place to live and a few other things so my life doesn't fall completely to crap."

"Right now let's finish what we came to do. Then do whatever you want down here. Tomorrow. After you talk to Father Zantus."

It's clear Ro is working hard to keep her voice patient and even.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Just for the record, there's 2 reasons Lia was doing this.
Reason 1: Give a interaction prompt to Drasven, Gwyddym and Windie, beyond "tag along" with Ro/Karmid door-opening team. I tried to address Karmid to break the routine you two had going.
Reason 2: Desna has a pretty intense feud with Lamashtu. Being very touched by Desna, I imagine being near a Lamashtan shrine indeed causes physical discomfort to Lia - that is, the god revered makes it special.

"How can you even concentrate? With that...thing!", Lia replies, ver voice very much not patient or even.
That said, I am fine with this just being a failed attempt and moving on.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Lia. Spoilered to save space, not private:

Oh yes, I know about the feud. I think there's a Desna/Lamashtu thread baked into things that's no accident. I also suspect James Jacobs is a big David Lynch fan because of it. The shrine affects Rojava as well, but differently. She's afraid of it and wants to put some distance between herself and it. Ro is nobody's good soldier and she's also a little selfish compared to Lia. She's also kind of bossy. So Ro is happy to hand the problem over to Zantus. He's also more likely to be able to actually shut it down she thinks.

Ro's relationship with Desna has a bit of a "frenemy" element to it. Her domain is liberation and being chosen at birth for whatever just doesn't sit well with her. She will resist even if she always(?) gives in.

As for the rest, absolutely! Check, open, move, gets pretty boring in pbp especially. Do whatever you want to make it more interesting. As far as I'm concerned go ahead and nuke the shrine with the hoy water. Ro's only going to mutter darkly about Lia and go back to working on the lock if she does it. :)

Ro sighs impatiently. "I can because I have to. That is I can if people aren't piling on with extra stuff to make it harder."

Rojava goes back to working on the lock, studiously ignoring Lia.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Not spoiler because short: Oh, just for the record, since Karmid opted not to stop me, I did nuke the shrine with holy water. Just giving others a bit more reaction space before I start wasting summons. *smile*


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

I was gonna spill the water...Not much nuking for me. Hopefully my knowledge (Enginneering) could tell me something about how to accidently destroy this shrine.

"I'm just gonna study this a little while....." Drasven's voice trails off even as he notices that Ro is trying to pick the door. He wonders briefly if he could remove the taint of this particular diety fro this area.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

The holy water strikes the altar and sizzles. The altar itself though is too immersed in foulness to be so easily sanctified and the holy water evaporates quickly enough.

At that moment Ro gets the door unlocked. When Karmid goes to open it a fiery explosion is triggered!

Ro and Karmid, make Reflex saving throws DC 17 or take 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 damage!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro notices the beginning of a flash just as the door starts to move and instinctively dives to the side.

REF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Seeing Ro moving quickly, Karmid immediately dives for cover!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Nice rolls you two!
Is the basin fixed to its base? Can it be toppled over?

Turning from his contemplation on how to best destroy this place when the sudden flash and explosion occured!
Hunching his shoulders to better absorb the blast's impact, he looks up to see if anybody else needs healing with the dying sound of that explosion ends.
"Any of you young uns hurt?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd rushes over, looking to see if anyone needs healing. However, as he sees Drasven tending to that, he proceeds to the now open door to look around at the entry with the glowing ranseur in hand.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Despite the explosion, Lias eyes remain focused on the altar.
With a commanding voice, she speaks loudly: "Crumble!"
Hairline fractures show up on the Altar, the unholy contents of which start fizzling and evaporating into nothingness, before chunks start to break off the trembling foul focal point, which starts collapsing unto itself moments later.
Lia breathes heavy as if she had done hard work, then sighs happily:"That's better. We can go on now." as she takes a last glance at the pile of rubble.

Will Save DC 13:

It's an illusion. Normally interaction would be needed, but I figure the standard action to take a closer look could be spared by everybody there now or in a round or two before we move on -
The altar is still there, all regular.
Lia prefers to believe the alternate reality.
Of course, one COULD point out the differences between object reality and her subjective one - (but only if one WANTS the drama involved with that.)
Silent Image SLA used


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As Rojava crawls up off the floor she calls out "You alright Karmid?"

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

The absence of the sound from the chucks of rock falling from the alter is not lost on Ro. She doesn't comment though.

Whatever it takes to get out of this room without demon pox.

To nobody in particular she says "and that's why distractions are a problem" as she brushes herself off.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Lost a few of my extra hairs. Nothing I can't live without. You blondie?"

Karmid's eyes never leave the door that just opened. Hammer ready.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Your back won't miss them Karmid. Still blond" Ro says while touching the top of her head to make sure it's true.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia cocks her head, her voice pouty like that of a small child tired of having to explain to grown-ups over and over: "But the distraction helped you remain unscathed!"
Sorry, could not resist the temptation, but the previous response posts led to the RNG providing you both with a splendid save exactly when needed, so it's kinda true ;)


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Karmid & Ro each take 6 damage from the fiery blast.

Lia's magic seems to crush the altar before your very eyes!

Drasven, if you wish to heal now you may. I will assume that happened prior to combat.

-------

Before any of you can react to that strange happening Gwydd uses the Ranseur to open the door and bursting forth is an enemy Ranseur swinging down at Gwydd. Accompanying but that weapon but not wielding it is a horrific creature summoned from the netherworld, comprised of roiling wave of flesh. Amid the fatty surge wriggle half-formed limbs and a dripping tumorous face!

Knowledge the Planes DC 12:
This is a Lemure a lesser Devil

The Ranseur is wielded by a spawn of the Hells similar to ones the God Touched fought when they first entered this unholy place. SinSpawn

The room beyond is well lit but Gwydd cannot get more than a glimpse as the creatures fall upon him!

Is Gwydd surprised? Less than 10 surprised more than 10 not surprised. Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9. Surprised!

Surprise Round

DMD:
Lemure Attack 2 Claws Flat Footed 1 - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5. 2 - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 - Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5.

Sin Spawn Ranseur with Reach Attack - 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25 - Damage 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 = 7. Confirm Crit? 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25

Gwydd dances away from the fleshy mass but he cannot avoid the doom that is the enemy Ranseur. Gwydd takes 14 damage!

Windsight snatches an arrow, "No Gwydd no!"

From within the chamber a familiar voice cries out, "Destroy the interlopers for the glory of Lamashtu!" This is the same whispering voice that gave you a warning to flee not so long ago...

Initiative:
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Windsight 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Gaven 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
SinSpawn 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
BBEG 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Devil 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Initiative Round 1 -
Karmid, Lia, Drasven, Gwydd, and Gaven - GO!
BBEG, Sinspawn, Windsight, Devil


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

I'm already healed. Not sure about the rest though I'm guessing I need to heal again soon.
Knowledge Planes 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Drasven roars back.
"Your precious altar has already being destroyed, Witch! May ye go down just like your destroyed altar."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I'm going to wait to adjust my hps until Dravsen does whatever healing he plans to do.

Aghast at the sudden attack upon Gwydd, Karmid reaches into his stash of holy water and tosses it over Gwydd. at the odd creature in front thinking it must be some sort of gross undead creature!

Ranged Touch Attack (Holy Water): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Holy Water 'Direct Hit' damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
+1 point of damage to each affected creature within 5 feet of the hit!

"Back up Gwydd!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

When she sees Gwydd hit, Ro steps forward and touches him to cure what she can with the last of her potent magic for the day. She grabs his shirt and tries to tug him back.

"Get away! That's a lemure, a devil!"

5' step if needed. CLW on Gwydd for 5

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

K Planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Oof! That was almost the end of Gwydd!

Gods damn you back to your fiery homes! Gwydd cries out first as his body is wracked in pain from the strike, then Ro's healing magic washes over him. In a quick spin, he dances his way away from the creature.

As soon as he is clear of the creature, he slaps his own chest to channel some additional healing.

Acrobatics to avoid AOO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

HP: 14/15. 1st level 2/3. BP 6/9. No performance active.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Round 1

Karmid throws the vial which misses but it's splash causes both creatures to bellow in torment.

Gaven moves forward sword in hand, "Go back from whence you ca foul being!" Smite Evil!

Greatsword Attack - 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Greatsword Damage - 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 + 2 = 13

The Paladin smote the lesser Devil sending it back to the pits from whence it came!

DMD ONLY:
Lemure DEAD...
Sin Spawn HP = 18/31

Shara:
You follow the mysterious source of energy to a set of catacombs. You remember someone in town mentioning that a group of Acolytes from the Cathedral was heading down here but you pay the rumor little heed, that is until you start coming across corpses of horrific creatures, this would have been foolhardy indeed if there was not already someone here slaying these defenders. The sound of shouts up ahead alerst you to battle, it also happens to be where the source of magic emanates from...

Perception DC 20:
A woman with a frock of red hair has snuck up behind the group!

Karmid, Ro, and Gwydd - If you pass the Perception Test above:
That's Shara Alzana! She grew up in Sandpoint but has been gone for years, what's she doing here?! Is it even her...?

Round 1 -
Drasven (you still get an attack) & Lia - GO!
BBEG, Sinspawn, Windsight, Devil
Shara


Female Human Arcanist (Blood Arcanist)/Fighter 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 13, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 11 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +2, Reflex: +2, Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +5 | Arcane: 4/4, Stamina: 1/1 | 1st: 3/3

Shara steps into the room behind a group of rather familiar faces. She knew a number of these people, though it had been years since they'd last met, much less spoken. Her head throbbed as the sense of the strange magic drew closer. What in Desna's name was going on down here? Perhaps it would be best to ask after they finished dispatching the creatures that were attacking them.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Shara...!?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 And for the better, probably...albeit I would be surprised if nobody assumes you to be a doppelganger
Lia seems preoccupied with something, but starts an incantation nevertheless.
Move action to maintain concentration, start full round action to summon.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Shara? What in the blazes is she - wait - is she actually Shara? There was the Lia that wasn't Lia earlier. How do we test this one?

You certainly look like the long-absent Shara Alazna.... Gwydd says, his voice trailing off at the end.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

She can't put a name to the woman who appears behind them until Karmid and Gwyddym do it for her. But she does seem vaguely familiar. With the name she remembers her as a girl she was told to steer clear of. She doesn't really remember having had any chances to ignore that advice.

The woman's sudden appearance makes her angry. Damn thing had the sense to age her form correctly this time, but no way am I falling for it again. Random people from the past don't just show up in a place like this. Stupid mistake b#+$%...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female Human Arcanist (Blood Arcanist)/Fighter 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 13, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 11 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +2, Reflex: +2, Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +5 | Arcane: 4/4, Stamina: 1/1 | 1st: 3/3

"Uh... hello everyone. This isn't quite what I was expecting when I came down here."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven points a loaded crossbow at her, having come up from the 'destroyed' altar room.
"Best to drop ye disguise. Or be taking this bolt to ye insides." he remarks calmly, his arms and aim steady.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid seems to be taking the appearance of the new woman more casually than the others for some reason.

"Uh GUYS....THAT's Shara! Worry about the monsters...OK?"


Female Human Arcanist (Blood Arcanist)/Fighter 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 13, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 11 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +2, Reflex: +2, Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +5 | Arcane: 4/4, Stamina: 1/1 | 1st: 3/3

The look on Shara's face shows that she clearly has no idea what the dwarf is talking about. "I would suggest pointing that crossbow somewhere else unless you want to be short a couple of eardrums, stumpy."


"But we are, Karmid. Or do you mean we should worry about those monsters which are clearly not doppelgangers?", Flutter replies to Karmid.
"Lady, you'd best stand down if you are you. If you have come to threaten us, there is no reason to assume you are not hostile.


Female Human Arcanist (Blood Arcanist)/Fighter 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 13, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 11 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +2, Reflex: +2, Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +5 | Arcane: 4/4, Stamina: 1/1 | 1st: 3/3

"Yes, I'm threatening you when I promise to defend myself from a crossbow being shoved in my face for no reason. Clearly I'm the one at fault here."


"You are the one under scrutiny. Are you here often? Or just spontaneously considered strolling through a crime scene into a dangerous ancient complex would be scenic?"
Father Zantus would have told us if someone else had returned...would have seen us off together...


Female Human Arcanist (Blood Arcanist)/Fighter 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 13, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 11 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +2, Reflex: +2, Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +5 | Arcane: 4/4, Stamina: 1/1 | 1st: 3/3

"Scrutiny for what? For walking into a room? I wasn't aware that half of my childhood friends had become psychopaths who threaten to attack anyone who gets within twenty feet of them while I was away. I came down here because I detected unusual magical activity and I find slaughtered monsters and people I thought I knew trying to kill me for no good reason."


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs
Round 1

The appearance of Shara confuses Drasven and Lia distracting them form the battle at hand...

As the Devil returns from whence it came, the other horrific creatures steps into the doorway attempting to strike but missing Karmid!

DMD ONLY:
Sin Spawn Ranseur with Reach Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 - Damage 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 1 = 6
Ranged Touch Karmid - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Strength Drain 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

From within the room the sinister voice cackles, "Cannot tell friends from enemies anymore, no matter soon you'll all be dead!" At that moment a ray streams out from the room this time it does not miss the large Ranger.

Karmid - Take a -4 to Strength. With a successful Fortitude save DC 15 that reduction is cut to a -2

Shara raises her hands in a threatening gesture and a Missile of force streaks over Drasven’s head and strikes the horror that attacked Karmid with the wicked Ranseur, ”Convinced I’m on your side now?!”

Magic MIssile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Windsight shrugs and fires two arrows at the creature as well.
Deadly Aim
Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
Damage #1: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Damage #1: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5

The creature in the doorway collapses overcome by the ranged might of the Godtouched!

----

Round 2 – The GodTouched
The Villains
Windsight & Shara


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Convinced that either the woman behind is not a danger, or that if she is she's well covered, Rojava advances toward the doorway. Skirting the horrible bodies on the ground, she looks for the source of the voice.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

If she finds it, she takes aim at it and shoots.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Feeling a little lightheaded, Karmid ignores the enemy's spell effect as much as he can and follows Ro. He moves to the opposite flank looking for trouble!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym starts singing, pouring his soul into the music. Shelyn, keep my voice pure that my friends may keep us safe!.

HP: 14/15. 1st level 2/3. BP 5/9. IC active.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"For now." you are Drasven whirls around seeking new enemies as his head spins from all the recent relevations.
Who is who and who can I trust? I know none of them well at all!
Glancing at the body recently dispatched by both Windsight and Shara, Drasven attempts to bring his loaded crossbow to bear on something or someone.
By Abadar blessed scales!!! At least someone he's sure that isn't a friend or possible friend or future friend.

He decided that Dopplegangers weren't on his list of favourite creatures now.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Round 2

Ro dances into the room and finds a target in this huge room which looks like nothing more than an immense underground cathedral. Stone doors stand to either side of the main entrance, but beyond this, the walls are carved with strange, spiky runes.

In the center of the room is a large pool, with a ring of polished human skulls balanced on stone spikes arranged in a circle around the deeper midsection.

At the far end of the room, a pair of stone stairways leads up to a pulpit on which sits a second pool, this one triangular and filled with churning, bubbling water that looks almost like translucent lava. It is in front of this pit that Ro's target stands, hovering wings flapping slowly.

Quasit

Yet while wisps of what look like heat and steam rise from the strange orange liquid, the room itself is deathly cold.

This creature must be the Quasit that Tsuto was speaking of in his diary.

Ro fires at the creature and her shot goes right through it!

Laughter echoes in the room mocking Ro for falling for what appears to be an illusion!

Karmid steps in to the opposite side of the room but can see no foes.

Gwydd's voice bolsters the spirits of those around him.

Drasven sees Ro's shot go right through the image, if that creature is in there, she's certainly not right there.

Round 2 -
Lia & Drasven - Karmid you hold with no obvious enemies about?
The Villains
Windsight & Shara


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Yes for now. He will be holding and ready to smack anything threatening that he sees appear ASAP.

Feeling stupid for having to ask, Karmid glances at Ro.

"Is it invisible?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava curses under her breath when she sees her arrow pass through the illusion, and starts looking around the room again.

"Seems so..."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven mutters dwarvish curses under his breath as he steps in and looks around for the creature. Chances are, the creature would be hiding but where.

Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Then considers the pool......

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,755 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.