DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,951 to 2,000 of 3,743 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - Nice Doggie?

Gwydd attempts to soothe the savage Beats by singing at it. Cast Lullaby

DMD ONLY:
Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack Bite Gwydd1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Before the creature can gnash it's teeth on its nearest victim it's feet become tangled up. Gwydd seems surprised at how effective the spell is.

It misses biting him once more!

Karmid and Edgar take turns finishing it off.

As the group stops to catch their breath they get the sense they can hear laughter in the wind...

DMD ONLY:

Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Lia Tani 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Drasven, Karmid, Ro, and Jil:
"Go back and leave Sandpoint to its fate...."

Actions?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid shakes his head, his topknot bobbing back and forth violently.

"No! We need to push forward. NOW. Goblin dogs means goblins are nearby."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Poor doggos.", Lia looks at their fallen assailants, all but ignoring the bite on her hand, blood dripping from her finger.

With Karmid's sudden exclamation, she cowers for a moment from the sudden intensity, if not loudness, of his voice. Confused, she looks up at him: "Uhm...we knew Goblins are around even without those? It's their tunnel network, right? Why the sudden hurry?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid suddenly looks confused and worried.

"The wind...there was a voice. Did you not hear it Lia?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As soon as the last dog is down Rojava begins checking the wounded. She figures Gwydd, Juliana, and Drasven can manage their own after a look. She takes Lia's injured hand in her own and says loukkaantuminen, after which the blood flow stops and the injury repairs itself.

Afterward she confirms Karmid's voice, letting go of Lia's hand. "Yeah, I heard it too, and it was meant for us. It told us to 'leave Sandpoint to its fate.' So much for any surprise I was hoping for."

Ro looks about worriedly. "We have to keep going and quickly."

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia cocks her head and smiles:"Hum...no Voice. I think. Maybe the wind doesn't like me?"
When Rojava takes her hand, she remembers that she was injured with an "Ouch" that almost fluently merges into a "Thanks!"
Looking around to account for all members of the party, she nods:"I'm not afraid of the wind! Ready to keep going and quickly!"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Leading the way again, Karmid decides to take the group straight back to the briar tunnels. He will then follow the large drag marks in hopes it will lead the group to the goblin's lair.

"Move carefully and quickly!"

Survival(tracking): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28

Stealth(w/ACP): 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 1 = 8

Karmid succeeds in moving quickly, but not quietly. His hammer keeps catching on the thorns and rocks too much as he crawls.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"I heard the voice as well." She waves at Drasven. "Come here please. She touches his shoulder and a warm almost hot sensation runs through him as his wounds knit closed.

CLW Drasven: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
CLW Jili: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven nods in thanks.
"I heard that voice too. I can safety say that any element of surprise is likely gone now."

Checking himself and equipment, he continues on.
"We should not disappoint our host then since we're already expected. Let's move on once we're clear."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro exhorts Edgar to stay very alert in the back, then follows Karmid as before.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar does stay alert, though not simply from the back. These people were hearing things, which wasn't particularly the best sign. He does his best to keep alert, but is slightly unnerved by the eccentricities of his comrades.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym finishes off his song, and looks about, not wanting to draw more danger down on them right away.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

@Edgar: And the girl who asked you if the ambush already happened moments before the ambush is among those not hearing the strange voices. Makes one think, hu? *smile
Lia falls in line behind Ro again, her eyes fixated on their leader, trusting Flutter to keep his eyes on the surrounding area.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Karmid brings the group back into the tunnels. Down here even Drasven needs to bend a bit to head through the tunnels, the huge size of Karmid is a disadvantage in this space.

Bipedal Medium creatures can navigate these briar tunnels by stooping over and hunkering down, effectively squeezing to move, and thus taking a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC. Your speed is also reduced by half.

The tunnels wind along the same path as the twisted paths above. In approximately the same place you see the space where the hole from above is located. Here underground though the area is blocked off by the walls of that grotto thus there is no way to get to that space from down here.

Due north, Karmid can smell what was likely the kennel of the goblin dogs which attacked the group. Their handlers are no where in sight. In fact it is eerily quiet down here considering they know you are coming. From the group's current location, the pathways go north and south. The drag marks head north. North is where Thistletop is located.

It is of course pitch black down here beyond the torches that the group wields to see.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid silently follows the drag marks to the north.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro silently follows Karmid.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia silently follows Rojava.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar brings up the rear.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jilia follows along to the north with the others. [i]It stinks down here, and the walls feel like they are closing in on me."[/b]


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven once more sucks in his belly as they make the crawl once more.......


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

The group heads towards where the drag marks head, north.

There you find three new passageways, closed off at either end by a thistle door, each leads out to a different area. One leads to the east and one to the west giving anyone standing in these passageways sight access to the shoreline. From each you can see a rope bridge.

The third tunnel is where the drag marks come to an end. At the end of this tunnel you exit the underground passageways.

Standing above you is likely the dead end of nettles that prevents anyone from getting to this location above ground.

There, a rope bridge spans the gulf between the cliff and a roundish, flat-topped island sixty-some feet to the north. Thick patches of nettles and briars grow here and there atop the island, but its most impressive feature is a wooden one-story stockade.

Two thirty-foot-tall watchtowers guard the stockade’s southern facade. The rope bridge itself is made of hairy rope and thick wooden planks; the whole thing creaks and sways in the wind above the churning surf eighty feet below.

DMD ONLY:

Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Lia Tani 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

You may now open the Thistletop Map.

As the group approaches the exit, Edgar and Drasven hear a sound from behind within the tunnels...

Karmid and Jiliana:
As you look at the bridge you both realize that something is not quite right with it. Someone with knowledge of engineering or traps may need to investigate a bit more closely...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid stand fully and hangs his hammer on his backpack to free up his right hand. Eyeing the bridge, his arm hairs stand on end...

"Well, we made it through. That 'fort' must be our destination. Ro? Does that bridge look safe to you? I don't like it....really. Besides, I don't trust anything constructed by goblins."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili studies the bridge for a few moments, "Does anyone know anything about Engineering or traps? I agree with Karmid, something doesn't feel right about that bridge."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro frowns at the bridge. "Yeah, me neither Karmid. Stay back out of sight of those towers while I give it a look."

Rojava takes her time, staying low to the ground, almost crawling as she checks the bridge very carefully for problems.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Taking 10 on Disable Device if possible. If not the roll is below.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Wow, the dice roller is back to all crap all the time across all my games.


Not being limited by ground-based motion, Flutter circles below and around the bridge, taking a close look at the ropes and the construction as a whole.
Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Drasven forgets what he's picked up over the years about bridges but he does seek to warn the party.
"Got somethings behind us. Heard them and I hazard a guess they be goblins."


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

"I hear something as well, moving in the tunnels that seems a likelihood." He agrees with Drasven.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Sighing with relief, Karmid draws his hammer again and moves to block the 'tunnel' entrance a few feet away (in the sunlight) a crooked smile on his face.

"You guys check the bridge and figure out if we can use it at all. I will try and slow down...whatever is coming. Back me up Edgar? Just be prepared for anything that slips past me."

Swinging his arms to loosen them up, Karmid then sets up a ready stance for his 'Thunder and Fang' style.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili looks back and forth between the two groups. She pulls out her longbow, and stands ready for enemies to show themselves.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Flutter can see that indeed the bridge has been rigged to fall should too much weight be placed upon it. No doubt this was the intent of the Goblins all along, to lure the group here and force you all onto the bridge to fall to your dooms...

The rustling is indeed a large group of Goblins that burst out from the underground nettle passageways. They outnumber the group two to one! The last to emerge from the tunnels is Tsuto flanked by Father Tobin!?

Tsuto speaks, "I had hoped you would bring my sister that I could convert her finally to the ways of the true path. Now I cannot guarantee that she will make it". He sighs, "Now, you shall all learn what it means to suffer as I have.."

Does anyone wish to respond with any dialogue before the battle commences? You could also attempt to rush across the bridge...


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili looks very confused. She begins to speak, but Common doesn't come out of her mouth.

Celestial:
What is going on? Why is the Father here? Is it the doppleganger?"[/b]
She holds her longbow at the ready.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Frowning and not understanding Jiliana's words, Karmid lifts his still bloody hammer in one hand and hisses.

"Kill them all!"


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar, understanding Jiliana's words but not having a proper answer for her at this time, similarly prepares himself for battle.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven only answer is this.
"Come and lay yer blessings upon us Holy Abadar. Let the scales be balanced as we bring down those who would seek to unbalance us!"

Casting bless.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

It's unnerving to see Father Tobyn, but not like it was in the past. Rojava's getting used to it by now. Also finding the doppelganger here allays her worries about town.

Rojava raises her bow and draws a bead on Father Tobyn.

"Your act is getting old."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Tsuto, Nualia, Not-me...everybody else is secondary...", Lia whispers to herself, remembering the commandment passed on to them by their leader, prepared to lash out at either of the two with all the arcane power inherent to her.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

The GodTouched are not fooled or intimidated into making a bad decision, indeed, they've faced such odds before and won. Karmid's blood rises as battle is upon them!

DMD ONLY:

Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Dopple 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Goblins (9) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Tsuto 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The Battle Before the Bridge - Round 1
Jiliana, Karmid, Edgar, Lia - GO!
Tsuto & Goblins (9),
Gwydd, Ro Drasven,
"Father Tobyn"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Could or could not be Not-Me...Tsuto is more clearly Tsuto.
Lia focuses inward, then draws out raw Arcane Power, coalescing into a focused sphere of ice and cold, which she proceeds to hurl at Tsuto, shouting "That guard had a family!" as she does so.
Spending an Arcane Pool Point on Potent Magic to raise Caster Level to 5.
Ranged Touch vs Tsuto: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Cold Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 2, 4) = 16
DC 14 Fortitude save or be staggered


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Is there a map for this, so I can determine the best course of action?


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili casts Bless on the party.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Gowling, Karmid hefts his hammer in a swing over his head and wades into the goblins attacking!

Swift action to activate Thunder and Fang style! Then a five foot step and an attack on two different goblin opponents!

Thunder and Fang!
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting)+Bless: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 10
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11
+
Klar(2-Weapon Fighting)+Bless: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|
Jiliana Dalca wrote:
Jili casts Bless on the party.

Oh ummm.. Sould I retcon my action then? Doesn't make sense to have double bless.


Drasven Hammers wrote:
Jiliana Dalca wrote:
Jili casts Bless on the party.
Oh ummm.. Sould I retcon my action then? Doesn't make sense to have double bless.

Technically, you had no action yet. We were supposed to only respond with dialogue before battle commenced, before we had an Initiative Order. So you had no chance to cast Bless yet since you only had a free action to speak, not a standard to cast. Once your turn is up, you may want to do something else though, yes.

Flutter moves up next to Karmid, opting to defend the large Shoanti by distracting the enemies.
Aid Another DC 10: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
+2 AC versus next Attack, if Tsuto moves up, it applies to his first attack - otherwise to whichever Goblin is in Range.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven Glares....


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

Round 1

Lia's bolt strikes Tsuto right in the chest! Though he manages to shrug off the impact and keep his feet.

Jill's spell bathes the party in light lifting their spirits.

Karmid steps forward a the Goblins begin to charge...

DMD ONLY:
Tsuto Fortitude save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Tsuto - HP 25/39

Edgar Gidolb wrote:
Is there a map for this, so I can determine the best course of action?

The map of the Nettlewoods. The group's back is at the bridge. The Goblins are surging from the Nettles and will surround the group. Right now none are in melee range, the closest are 30' away and will close this round. Sorry for the delay here, RL has been brutal lately. I'll move us forward once more once Edgar declares an action.

Drasven, you still have that Bless!

Round 1 -
Edgar - GO!
Tsuto & Goblins (9),
Gwydd, Ro Drasven,
"Father Tobyn"


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar moves to the front of the group, ready to receive the enemy and strike at the first one coming into range. Energy begins trailing on the edge of his blade as he focuses.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

Round 1

As the Goblins charge forward Karmid and Edger step forth to greet them. Edgarr's blow splits a Goblin in twain. The nimble Goblins though are able to evade Karmid's wide swings.

They attack seeking to double up on the GodTouched using flanking techniques.

DMD ONLY:

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Edgar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2. 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 2 - HP = -7/6 - DEAD.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1. 1d4 ⇒ 4
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Karmid 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3. 1d4 ⇒ 2
Goblin 5 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1. 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 6 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Ro 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3. 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 7 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Drasven 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1. 1d4 ⇒ 4
Goblin 8 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Drasven 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2. 1d4 ⇒ 3
Goblin 9 - HP = 6/6 - Bow vs. Lia 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2. 1d6 ⇒ 6
Tsuto Potion CLW 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - 32/39

The first Goblin swings at Edgar, his armor easily deflects the blow as the second goes down in a heap, slain by Edgar.

The third and fourth target Karmid and where one misses the other manages to slice at the Shoanti's thigh with its dogslicer. Karmid take 2 damage.

Ro manages to step away from and jump over the other clumsy attack from the Goblins that charge at her.

Drasven suffers the same fate as Karmid, with the first surging Goblins forcing the dwarf into a spot where the second can strike at him, his arm takes a gash from a rusty dogslicer. Drasven take 3 damage.

The last Goblin pauses and draws a bow firing at Lia in response to the spell she cast, or at least that is how it seems. His shot is true and Lia catches an arrow in the left shoulder, hurts like hell too! Lia take 6 damage.

Tsuto meanwhile pulls a potion form his belt and drinks.

Round 1 - Gwydd, Ro, & Drasven - GO!
"Father Tobyn"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven was certainty in a tight spot, unable to bring both his weapons on to bear and getting cut by a rusty blade to boot.
Which map?

Drawing his own dagger, he slashes it at the nearest goblin that he can see.
Dagger attack with goblin dislike 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

There's not really a map for the combat. Just a zone map.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Basically, assume our group is surrounded by goblins and the enemy leaders are waiting further away out of immediate reach near the briar exit. I think we can also safely assume however that the leaders are still within ~30 feet or less of us, for ranged attacks spells.

1,951 to 2,000 of 3,743 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.