DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


2,001 to 2,050 of 3,925 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

There's probably only going to be one chance for a shot before the ankle biters swarm Ro, so she decides to take it. She steps away to avoid the goblins for a moment. She'd already targeted "Father Tobyn", so she lets the arrow loose while whispering "Desna guide my shot."

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 20

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5

5' step to avoid AoO (If needed), swift action to activate archaeologist's luck, standard action to attack.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

Round 1

Ro steps back and fires at "Father Tobyn" striking "him" in the shoulder.

Drasven's dagger guts the Goblin that struck him.

Gwydd lays his hands on Lia to heal her wounds - CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.

Father Tobyn grunts through the pain and begins casting, "You are all more powerful and so am I".

His spell release and strikes at Ro, three force missiles each one striking unerringly. Ro takes 10 damage.

DMD ONLY:

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Edgar
Goblin 2 - HP = -7/6 - DEAD.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Karmid
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Karmid
Goblin 5 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Ro
Goblin 6 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Ro
Goblin 7 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Drasven
Goblin 8 - HP = -1/6 - DEAD.
Goblin 9 - HP = 6/6 - Bow vs. Lia
Tsuto - 32/39
The Doppel - 39/44 - Concentration 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 - Magic Missile - 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 3 = 10

Round 2 -
Jiliana, Karmid, Edgar, Lia - GO!
Tsuto & Goblins (7),
Gwydd, Ro Drasven,
"Father Tobyn"


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar strikes again at a goblin, energy once more surrounding his blade as he does so.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Taking peripheral note of Gwydd healing her, Lia's eyes stay focused on Tsuto, and she sends another Ball of Frost at her choosen nemesis.
Spending an Arcane Pool Point on Potent Magic to raise Caster Level to 5.
Ranged Touch vs Tsuto: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Cold Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 4, 1) = 17
DC 14 Fortitude save or be staggered


Flutter continues to aid Karmid.
Aid another AC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 Oh well, guess not this time.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

With a grunt and thump, Karmid taps his Klar-clad arm against his chest and his 'mark,' it flashing for a second.

"Gozreh's Wrath!"

Swift action to active his divine mark's Growth ability! Until his next action Karmid is now Large sized as per Enlarge Person. -2AC due to his change in size.

Thunder and Fang(Large Size)!
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15
Damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) + 4 = 22
+
Klar(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Karmid now has reach of 10 feet!:
Possible AoO! Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 = 14
Damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1, 3) + 4 = 13


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili is confused by the fight. She's not used to this, but does her best. She moves to where she can reach as many goblins as possible. She casts Burning hands.

Burning Hands: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) = 4
DC 14 reflex safe for half.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

Round 2

Edgar's blade narrowly misses his foe.

Lia's spell strikes Tsuto who is unable to avoid it. He takes a step backwards from the pain.

Where Karmid's Earthbreaker misses his, Klar does not. The Goblin is cut down by Karmid's mighty sweep.

Jil places her spell between Ro and Drasven forcing Goblins fighting both to dodge her spray. Neither can avoid the flames and both are singed.

DMD ONLY:

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Edgar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.
Goblin 2 - HP = -7/6 - DEAD.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1.
Goblin 4 - HP = -1/6 - DEAD
Goblin 5 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1.
Goblin 6 - HP = 2/6 - vs. Ro 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3. - Reflex Save DC 14 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.
Goblin 7 - HP = 2/6 - vs. Drasven 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - 1d4 ⇒ 3. - Reflex Save DC 14 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13.
Goblin 8 - HP = -1/6 - DEAD
Goblin 9 - HP = 6/6 - Bow vs. Lia 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 - Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5.
Tsuto - Fort Save DC 14 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 - 15/39 - Compound Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 - Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Doppel - 39/44

Edgar’s remaining foe is unable to score a hit past his formidable armor.

The Goblin that Karmid was unable to turn to pulp swings its dogslicer at the Ranger but misses as Karmid’s step forward to slay his second foe moves him away from the rusty blade.

Ro is still threatened by two Goblins, despite one being singed by Jil’s spell. Once more though, the Goblin is only able to draw a fleshwound on the Bard. Ro take 1 damage.

Drasven blocks his foes swing with his own weapon grinning.

Lia’s spell results in a backlash of arrows coming back at her. From the Goblin, a wide miss, from Tsuto though, a direct hit! Lia takes 7 damage.

Round 2 -
Gwydd, Ro Drasven - GO!
"Father Tobyn"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Is Ro able to take a 5' step and use her bow without drawing AoO's from the goblins?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Hit back with Prejudice 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Smashing his foe's swing with one of his own, Drasven attempts to take advantage of that and stabs his dagger in low but mistimes it.....


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Should I wait for Gwydd, or just go? He hasn't posted in a while...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Botting Gwydd per GM's request.

Since the combat is out in the open and stealth no longer needed, Gwydd duck's behind Karmid's now bigger frame and begins playing his lute, regaling the group with a song to inspire them!

Everyone get a +1 to hit and damage, plus saves vs. charm and fear effects.

Inspire Courage(Su):
You can use your performance to inspire courage in your allies (including yourself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive your performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. Inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

Round 2

Drasven's stab is a low miss.

Gwydd's song inspires Ro to attack the true threats, the shapechanger and Tsuto. Arrow drawn and released at the "Father".

Shortbow Attack - 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 - Damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Unfortunately her shot is wide.

Father Tobyn once again raises his hand and releases more missiles of Force, this time at Karmid. Karmid, take 10 damage.

DMD ONLY:
MM 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 3 = 10

Round 3
Jiliana, Karmid, Edgar, Lia - GO!
Tsuto & Goblins (7),
Gwydd, Ro Drasven,
"Father Tobyn"


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

Round 2

Drasven's stab is a low miss.

Gwydd's song inspires Ro to attack the true threats, the shapechanger and Tsuto. Arrow drawn and released at the "Father".

Shortbow Attack - 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20 - Damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Unfortunately her shot is wide.

Father Tobyn once again raises his hand and releases more missiles of Force, this time at Karmid. Karmid, take 10 damage.

DMD ONLY:
MM 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 3 = 11

Round 3
Jiliana, Karmid, Edgar, Lia - GO!
Tsuto & Goblins (7),
Gwydd, Ro, Drasven,
"Father Tobyn"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid grimaces through the pain of the force bolts, and powers on!

Thunder and Fang(Large Size)!
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 = 8
Damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) + 4 = 9
+
Klar(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

10ft. Reach AoO:
Earthbreaker(2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22
Damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6, 3) + 4 = 18

Swift action to maintain large size. I sure as heck hope that something provokes an AoO...that's some of my best dice rolling yet!


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar continues his litany of blows, though not much more effectively.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili moves herself to miss her allies, and get as many goblins as necessary. She casts Burning Hands again.

Fire Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) = 7
DC 14 Reflex save for half


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Apologies, I was certain I posted...
Continuing her icy barrage at Tsuto, Lia forms another ball of snow and hurls it at the Half-Elf.
Using power so recklessly would soon leave her exhausted, but this needed to be done...

Spending an Arcane Pool Point on Potent Magic to raise Caster Level to 5.
Ranged Touch vs Tsuto:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Cold Damage:: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 2, 5) = 16


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven tries to find a space to bring his crossbow to bear striking at the closest foe with his dagger.
Dagger stab, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
"Durn this greenskins, we need to thin them out."


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

Karmid's initial swing is high but his follow up strike the Goblin in the throat, ripping it out!

Edger's swings are constricted by the tight confines and the quick footed Goblin is able to evade the strike.

Jill's spell lights up the Goblins flanking Drasven and Ro once more, this time the flames claim both!

Lia's energies are well placed as Tsuto falls to her empowered offensive spells!

The few remaining Goblins attempt to flee though the closest is cut down by Karmid's long reach despite the fact that the little monster was attacking Ro only moments before.

The Doppel's smile disappears as the Godtouched rout it's ambush.

DMD ONLY:

Goblin 6 - Reflex Save DC 14 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12.
Goblin 7 - Reflex Save DC 14 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20.
Tsuto Fort Save DC 14 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - vs. Edgar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.
Goblin 2 - HP = DEAD.
Goblin 3 - HP = DEAD
Goblin 4 - HP = DEAD
Goblin 5 - HP = DEAD.
Goblin 6 - HP = DEAD.
Goblin 7 - HP = DEAD.
Goblin 8 - HP = DEAD.
Goblin 9 - HP = 6/6

Tsuto - - -1/39.
Doppel - 39/44

Drasven, do you want to change actions? The only foes left are a single fleeing Goblin and the Doppel.

Round 3
Gwydd, Ro, Drasven,
"Father Tobyn"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Should we Bot Gwydd again?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro takes another shot at the doppelganger.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 14

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

In this case Drasven settles for bringing out his crossbow now and aiming it at the two remaining.
"Why don't you surrender?" the aged dwarf suggests with his crossbow as a sort of incentive.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Botting Gwydd again. I think Gwydd would maintain his song at least for now. Maybe heal Ro too?

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - The Battle Before the Bridge

"Father Tobyn" places his hands up as Ro's shot just misses his head he stares down at Drasven's crossbow, "It matters little, you'll never survive Thistletop now... They know you are here and they are waiting".

Gwydd turns to the group, "Let's tie him up, I'll rag him back to Sandpoint for reinforcements. He's right, we can't drag him along and assault that place..."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

I think maybe Lia or you could use Gwydd's CLW more Karmid. Ro can always just heal herself if needed. Thanks for the thought though.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro draws her sword and approaches the doppelganger. She places the blade menacingly against its neck.

"If we take you alive, you're not allowed to be in Father Tobyn's form. On your knees, then lay down on your back."

Assuming the doppelganger complies.

Once the creature is down, Ro shifts the tip of her sword to the center of its torso, over where she guesses its heart is located.

"Gwydd, if you're taking it back, your job should be as convenient as our prisoner can make it for you."

"Take on the form of a goblin" she orders the doppelganger.

"Karmid, Edgar, triple bind it. I want it in a cocoon neck to toe. Make the ropes very tight. If it tries to change into something larger while Gwydd is taking it back, I want the ropes to squeeze it to death."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I can take the healing Ro! Thanks.

Settling back to normal size, Karmid smiles easily at Ro's suggestion.

"Got it."

Survival(Rope Use) - Taking 'Ten': 10 + 8 = 18


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar assists in tying up the prisoner. "Why are we taking this one in, is he, she, or it not a great threat? Are we not afraid of escape in the future, and betrayal?"


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili calms down after the fight, and manages to begin speaking common again, "I don't believe they will survive long after they get back to Sandpoint. The law there will take care of them. They won't have much chance to escape." She examines the bodies looking for clues and anything interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

After Tsuto had fallen and the Goblins started fleeing, Lia had rushed over to her target trying to disarm the Half-Elf of all Weapons and glowy magic items - just to make sure. When Ro starts instructing the Doppelganger, she interrupts what she was doing and looks up:"Why a Goblin? They have huge mouths with plenty of sharp teeth. And they smell bad. Make Not-Me take the form of a Halfling. A halfling girl, they are more petite. Then Gwydd can carry Not-Me after we make it sleep involuntarily.", Lia cocks her head waiting for a response.
Basically make it assume a non-threatening pleasant form, then knock it out?(should only revert if killed) - by default Gobbo's have no Bite or something, but hej, flavor. I know I'd rather carry a (effectively) child rather than a Gremlin.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro shrugs and nods.

"Sure, make yourself a halfling girl instead. And don't waste our time getting it done."

Yeah, halfling was the first thing that came to mind for me. But I think doppelgangers can only assume forms they have seen. So then I started thinking "what if he claims he's never seen one, and how would we know if it's true?" And "does that form give him an edge bluffing his way out of jail later?". And "He can't deny having seen a goblin, and although they have bitey mouths Gwydd can just drag it" and so on. I think I was overthinking it.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven interrupts at this time.
"Would she not be able to change into something smaller? Why not just slay it here and then or at least knock it out.........."

He grumbles.
"Stuff it in a sack or something and drag it away."


"No. Matter can be condensed, but only so much. There are limits to the size and type of form it would be able to take. And we may have questions that it's allies are unwilling to answer. I don't like the idea of a rogue Doppelganger any more than you, but if it surrendered...", Flutter responds to Drasven.
Change shape works as Alter Self, so yeah, small or medium humanoid. Technically we want something as lithe and wispy as possible, but there is much that can be done with extensive bindings, if we brought enough rope. Stuffing it into a sack up to the neck would be a nice touch, though.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid grumbles a bit, then snorts and spits some bloody phlem over the cliff-side.

"Gozreh's breath! I don't trust it beyond my hammer's reach. Call me simple, but I prefer we find a deep pit and dump it in. Preferably with sharp spikes, or a hungry animal at the bottom! It can then change shape all its wants in there until we get back."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Assuming again the doppelganger has complied and is now on the ground, a female halfling, and presumably tied up.

Ro looks down at the doppelganger. "As you can hear for yourself, a consensus seems to be emerging that we should just off you now and save ourselves any extra trouble."

"I'm very sympathetic to the idea. But right now I'm with the butterfly." Ro gestures toward Flutter with a thumb.

"You might know something worthwhile. It also seems to me that since your crimes have been committed against Sandpoint, the people of Sandpoint ought to have the chance to punish someone as they see fitting. They should be able to put a face to their suffering. Closure, empowerment, that sort of stuff."

"But, I could be persuaded otherwise by my friends. Desna knows I hate your guts. So, let's test out the idea you're worth keeping. There's a cave just over in this mess of hedges. Where does it drop down to, and what's to be found there? It'd be really bad for your cause if you don't have anything to tell us."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

The shapechanger, now a bound halfling female, sighs, "In exchange for my life, I shall tell you what it is you wish to know. You will of course give me your word, all of you, that you will testify on my behalf that the information I gave you allowed you to avert the crisis about to befall your city. Fail to do this and I tell you nothing and the likelihood of surviving this assault will be so minimal that the next we all meet shall be in the Nine Hells".


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid considers a moment.

"Fair warning: Even if we agreed to that, we could not guarantee 'our word' on your 'help' would commute any sentence Sandpint's justice may place upon on you. If the town deems you die for your crimes and sins...then you will die regardless."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"I will testify. If you provide information that will allow us to avert the crisis about to befall Sandpoint. If you fail to provide such information then I would need to lie in court and I don't think Flutter would let me do that.", Lia agrees to the terms, conditionally.
She had not forgotten the murdered guard in the cell, or the creatures other implied crimes...but if her dreams were to be trusted, the danger to Sandpoint was so much bigger than that.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"My word I'll give though it may not do much in light of your crimes. I would also have you placed under my Patron's eyes so if you prove false we'll know."

Drasven would like to use Prohibition on the Doppelganger to ensure that it does not ->Lie<- .


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar carefully keeps his mouth decidedly shut. He isn't sure he can actually say it, because if he says it he'd probably have to do it and that just isn't in him. He can't lie, in either case, but that doesn't mean he has to give his word.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jiliana studies the creature. "I will be honest with my words at your trial. If what you tell is of help I will say so."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava looks from person to person as her companions weigh in on the doppelganger's counterproposal. Sometimes their answers are vexing to her. If someone makes an offer that is beneficial but gives them little in return, the correct answer is "yes", not "yes, and just so you know, you're getting nothing out of this".

Church kids, thinking honesty means playing cards with their hands laying face-up on the table. What can you do with them?

After they have all spoken their minds, Ro adds "We accept your proposal. We will accurately and completely give an account of any help you provide. Now what is it you have to tell us? Let's start with who's over on the island."


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

"So many Goblins, you've not enough arrows to shoot them all and of course Nualia, somewhere in the dungeons of the keep.

I've not been in the dungeons myself but I am sure it has other guardians as well. Defeat her, you scatter this legion.

Your advantage now is that Tsuto promised Nualia that you all would die here in the briars as well you should have, the Gods must watch over your band for you to have survived our ambush..."

Perception DC 22:
Something is coming through the briars from the path behind you...


Shadow's Status

Uldar and Matrim:
Marcelano, Karina, and Matrim took off on the road to Magnimar several days ago. The young fearless adventurers with some experience behind them enjoyed the first few nights together but Matrim felt a tug, a gnawing in the back of his mind that he was leaving something undone. That his purpose was something left behind and not to be found on the road ahead.

The very next night her and his friends encountered Uldar on the road heading to Sandpoint from Magnimar. The young halfling spoke of his destiny and how it awaited him in Sandpoint, how the whispers in his mind made him believe that perhaps the Gods spoke with him directly.

Uldar had never uttered this before, certainly not to strangers, all the same each of them murmured in agreement. Had Uldar stumbled upon those of like minds? And they were coming from where he was bound to!

Matrim made his mind up then and there, Uldar was the sign that he must turn back to Sandpoint. Karina and Marcelano bid he and Uldar good fortune on their trip to Sandpoint, "Look us up in the big city". Karina winked as the four parted ways into two pairs.

Arriving in Sandpoint the city was once more in crisis, it seems that the rest of Matrim's allies save Windsight were journeying to Thistletop to try to stop an invasion of Sandpoint worse than the one that Matrim aided in foiling only several days before. With the Sheriff headed to Magnimar (how did he not see the Sheriff and his deputies on the road back?) the city was relying on the Godtouched and the Cathedral to protect them.

"We decided to take the fight to them first", stated Windsight. "But I feel uneasy, Gwydd's no fighter and who knows what lurks there in that place. Your arrival clinches it for me. Let's go and meet them there, they could use our help".

The three of you take a boat to near where the small island is located in the hopes of catching those who went before you. A small skirmish with a small goblin patrol leads you into the briar patch that surround the land entrance to the top, it being quite hard to get to by water.

Up ahead there are voices, some familiar, some not...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Perception w/ Favored Terrain Bonus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17

Karmid, already bored with the situation, tries to clean off some stuck-on 'goblin bits' from his ancient Klar's sharp blade while trying to scratch his backside with his other hand.

The picture would be almost comical if there wasn't a gallon of blood splashed across Karmid's form.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava squints and tilts her head as she mock-seriously considers what the doppelganger has to say. Then she stops all that and stares at him.

"That's it? You're assisting us by restating your threats from earlier as helpful information?" She waves her hand around at the dead goblins and dead Tsuto. "And telling us stuff we can see with our own eyes?"

She shakes her head at the doppel-halfling.

"Nope, you're going to have to do better than this. I count my arrows at about 35. How many more precisely do I need to shoot them all? Who are the goblin chiefs and heroes here with her? Who is with her who isn't a goblin? What are they and what can they do? What is the layout of the fort? Guard rotations and where do they watch from? What is down below the fort that's so interesting to Nualia? Why did Nualia want Father Tobyn's remains? You're really going to have to earn this you know."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Jili lets Ro do the talking. All good questions. I should really learn a cleaning spell it will help with the blood. I had no idea that Karmid would get so messy. He's still kind of cute. She snaps back to attention after that thought is finished, and blushes just a little.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

While she waits for the doppel-halfling to say something useful, Ro Prestidigitates the gore off of Karmid.

Sigh, he's so like a 10 year-old sometimes.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar, hearing voices that don't sound like goblins, hurries his step. Of course, he's already hurrying a little just to keep up with the longer stride of his companions. Destiny, indeed, he muses.
He clears his throat loudly and tosses out a "Hallooo-ooo." Best not to sneak up on folks who are likely to be armed. All the same, he has his bow ready lest he is mistaken.

2,001 to 2,050 of 3,925 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.