DDAL #01-03 Shadows Over the Moonsea [5e Adventurers League] (Inactive)

Game Master Aeshuura

An Adventurers League module for 1st - 4th level characters.


1 to 50 of 639 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

Location: Madame Freona's Tea Kettle.

Time: Just after sunrise.

The call came late last night by messenger, "Any that would help, Doomguide Glandon, high priest of Kelemvor, requests your presence on the morrow's morning regarding future threats to Phlan."

The messenger looks around, "Is there a man by the name of Ander here? He has asked for you by name, but says that any who would lend aid are welcome."

--

You can feel free to take the time to get to know each other and I will start the actual adventure on Monday.


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None

The hooded figure in the corner perks his head up at the mention of work. What could be called a smile creeps onto his beaked face, and the being speaks in the voice of a large man. “Praise the Sun!” He says, obviously happy at the chance for something other than wallowing in misery.


In. +3 | AC 14 | HP 10/10 | PP 12 | Saves Str -1 Dex 3 Con 2 Int -1 Wis 2 Cha 4 | Spell atk 4 | Spell DC 12 | Spell slots (1st) 2/2

The hooded figure next to the Kenku, who seems to have been avoiding being seen until this point, also exclaims at the prospect of work, "Life has been dull of late, the time is right to find some adventure." Eilren extends a hand in welcome to the Cleric and says, "Hello there. I'm Ren. I see you're looking for a job as well. Let's see what this is all about."


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None

"Sizzle." He says in the same voice, shaking Eilren's hand.


Init +4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 | S-1/D+6/C+1/I+2/W+0/C+7 | Perc +5 | Insp: [ ] Consumables

Ander eh? Happens that I might know of a man with that name. Uriah says, and then catches himself Did I say a man? I meant a LEGEND. Let me tell you of Ander the Unfailingly polite, the most considerate adventurer in the Moonsea.


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

The man sitting in the corner was being kept company by some of the more attractive women in the tavern, telling them a story, that although hard to make out, the ending is easier has he raises his voice: "And that's when I said 'It's more like a sloop than a longboat.'" which causes the women in the group he is with to start uproaringly laughing.

Standing at the call to action, the man, who while clearly attractive, had exceedingly common features: dark hair, blue eyes, and a medium complexion. "Alas, ladies, I am beckoned away to go and save the realms. I shall do my utmost to return to you forthwith. Please do keep my seat warm!" With a sweep of the hat, he moves to introduce himself to the others. "Ah, a pleasure. My name is Shune, and I am an adventurer myself. I understand that there are people in peril that need daring do performed on their behalf?"


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

Krissina gazes around eagerly, taking in the sights, she'd seen some interesting sights on her way from the Sword Coast... her mind races... she looks outwardly calm but the markings on her skin shift and change.

Oh my is that... it is it's a Kenku, it's so different in real life than in the diagrams in Okrandan's Species Guide... wonder if it's male or female, if I could just examine it in more depth - no that would be rude of course...oh wait I had an actual reason to be here

"I'm not in peril, I'm here to help too, Krissina, Kris a pleasure to meet you Shune."

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 3: Spd:25, AC:19, HP:26/32, Fort:7, Ref:6, Will:11, Perc:9

Balyzar at your service, may the goddess Selune ensure our safe journey


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

"And a pleasure it is to meet a lovely, exotic, and well-mannered young lady such as yourself!" says Shoun as he takes Krissina's hand and kisses it.


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

Krissina blushes and smles at Shaun, [b]"Exotic am I? I suppose that's a a more polite term than Hexed, Tainted or Fiend-touched." The markngs on her face have switched from a blue to a hot red-orange.


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None
Krissina wrote:
"Exotic am I? I suppose that's a a more polite term than Hexed, Tainted or Fiend-touched."

Sizzle chimes in. “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.”


In. +3 | AC 14 | HP 10/10 | PP 12 | Saves Str -1 Dex 3 Con 2 Int -1 Wis 2 Cha 4 | Spell atk 4 | Spell DC 12 | Spell slots (1st) 2/2

Eilren eyes all the adventurers from under the shade of his hood. Had the others been able to see his face clearly they would see him marvel over each individual with a mix of wonder, excitement and simple naivety. He reassumes his elvish austerity and responds to Sizzle,
"And once you've stood in the sun you learn it's more comfortable in the shadow, where people don't ogle you and then turn away when you meet their gaze.” He pushes his hood back a little where light falls on a large and nasty burn scar on his neck (which appears to be healing still).
”I’m going to be more at ease with Krissina, or most of you for that matter, than all the regular folk in here” Eilren waves a hand at Madame Freona’s patrons


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

"While I don't jest precisely, the people I'm more interested in tend not to share such views, I fear I've played up my plight a little. Krissina smiles at the Kenku, "Your own kind have a reputation as thieves and swindlers. Should I keep one hand on my coin pouch around you? Krissina is obviously not making a serious accusation, her voice light and playful.


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None

Sizzle shakes his head, with a sad look on his face. He speaks, in the same voice as before. ”You’re useless, Sizzle!” He mimes picking up a bag, and then dropping it. “And I fell violently on my face.” He says in the voice of a middle aged man, in conclusion to his sad story.

Insight DC 5, if you can't figure that out:
Sizzle is really bad at stealing, although he wants to be good at it.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 3: Spd:25, AC:19, HP:26/32, Fort:7, Ref:6, Will:11, Perc:9

Sizzle, you are better off using magic to try your luck. May I suggest you use the command spell to command someone to give a bag of gold or some other magic spell. Though I'm sure a guy like you can make lots of money the honest way. And only steal from the enemy.


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

"I use the term exotic, because that is what you are. Your people, such as any race can be called that, are rather rare from my experience and thus what is rare is exotic."

At her comment about elves being thieves, Shoun will add "While some of my people are thieves, the only thing I steal are hearts, and when they are freely given, one can not call that thievery, now can one?"


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

"That's remarkable!" Krissina exclaims at Sizzle's mimicry. "oh and very sad - I think, not sure if I should be encouraging theivery?"
She blinks at Shoun, "Oh no, I'm sorry I'd never presume to call all elves thieves. I was speaking to the Kenku here!


In. +3 | AC 14 | HP 10/10 | PP 12 | Saves Str -1 Dex 3 Con 2 Int -1 Wis 2 Cha 4 | Spell atk 4 | Spell DC 12 | Spell slots (1st) 2/2

"I've not heard much at all about your race," says Ren to Sizzle. "but Thieves, I know a lot about them. They steal... and then get drunk." The Warlock looks at Krissina and Sizzle with a face free from intelligence or other complicating factors but somehow still strangely compelling


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

"The Kenku are an interesting race: they are considered myth in some parts of Faerun. I find it refreshing that we should meet one here."


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None

Sizzle seems to think for a second, looking out at the lateness of the hour. "Any that would help, Doomguide Glandon, high priest of Kelemvor, requests your presence on the morrow's morning regarding future threats to Phlan." He looks towards the bar and speaks in Eilrin's voice. "And then get drunk."


Init +1 | AC 17 | HP 28/28 | S+5/D+1/C+4/I+1/W+3/C+0 | Perc +3 | 2Wnd: [X] | Surge: [ ] | Sup: (DC 13, d8) 4/4 | HD: (d10) 3/3 | Insp: [ ]

Cripes, 20 posts before I even knew we'd started. Hooray enthusiasm!

Ander, an unremarkable-looking human man, stumbles downstairs a bit late, having slept in after a late night reading up on recent herbalism developments. Rubbing his head, he surveys the room and asks, "What's all the commotion?"

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

Uriah quickly fills Ander in on the conversation and the volunteers who have answered the call. After Madame Freona's youngest daughter, Grelinda, comes bearing a small breakfast wrapped up 'to go' for Ander with a big smile, you all head out to the Valhingen Graveyard.

The sun shines brightly in the graveyard as you approach the high priest of the Kelemvorites, wearing simple gray robes and on his knees, working the earth. He takes a small hand trowel and turns the earth, several pots of flowers next to him.

Without looking up, he speaks with an even voice, almost monotone, "I am so glad that you answered my call for aid. Brother Keefe mentioned how you helped him clear out a tomb of undead."

"If all is as I fear, time may be short. Let us speak quickly."

He introduces himself as Yovir Glandon, Doomguide of Kelemvor and thanks you for coming so quickly. Rumors of a "ghost ship" attacking small villages, lone farms, and even an inn along the Northern coast of the Moonsea have reached his ears. He speculates that it is moving up the Iron Road towards Phlan from the direction of Zhentil Keep. No one seems in any hurry to address these rumors, and he is concerned that there may be some truth to the rumors.

"Yesterday, a man from a small unnamed hamlet, a mere two days Southwest for Phlan was picked up just outside of the city. Raving about a dracolich, and seemingly insane, the man was delivered into our care here at Valhingen. The man's mind seems to be gone and it will take some time for him to recover if he ever does at all. He is being held at the temple proper if you wish to cross-examine him. Perhaps you can glean something that we could not..."


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

"We are discussing the merits of theivery, good sir, welcome."


Init +1 | AC 17 | HP 28/28 | S+5/D+1/C+4/I+1/W+3/C+0 | Perc +3 | 2Wnd: [X] | Surge: [ ] | Sup: (DC 13, d8) 4/4 | HD: (d10) 3/3 | Insp: [ ]

Back at the inn:

"Thanks, Grelinda," Ander says, accepting the breakfast. "Wish me luck; I've got two hooded figures under my care this time." He gives the lass a joking wink to make her snicker, then heads off with the rest.

With the Doomguide, whatever that means:

"Well, Mister Glandon," Ander replies matter-of-factly, "I have a weird knack for finding myself involved in the few rumors that happen to be true, so I'll be taking you seriously. We'll talk to your man immediately; do you know his name?"


In. +3 | AC 14 | HP 10/10 | PP 12 | Saves Str -1 Dex 3 Con 2 Int -1 Wis 2 Cha 4 | Spell atk 4 | Spell DC 12 | Spell slots (1st) 2/2

"Yes let's see how cracked he is." agrees Eilren. "I'd also like to hear about the Dracolich."

Eilren stands up ready to leave for the temple proper


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

Outside:

"So if we follow your logic of it moving towards Phlan, where would the next stop for it be?"

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

@Ander, Grelinda grins and waves, "Bye Mister Ander! I'm sure you can trust the hoodies, they haven't let you down before!"

--

The Doomguide shakes his head, "The boys call him Yip, because he often breaks into fits of yipping, like a dog. No one knows his name and even in his lucid states, he does not talk much at all... If you wish to try your hand with Yip, speak to Acolyte Elden at the temple and tell him that I have sent you to him."

At Shoun's question, he shakes his head, "I cannot begin to guess, as most of the rumors have no timeline. I do know that the Black Fist have taken interest. One of them came by to speak to us about Yip, and she may have more information as well. I think her name was Burral, one of the Knights of the Black Fist."

The high priest fishes in a bag that was laying on the ground at his feet, "We do not have much in the way of coin to reimburse you, but I can offer this."

Doomguide Glandon stands up and holds out two vials to Ander, "These are potions of healing. Hopefully, you will not need these, but they can help you stay alive."

--

What would you like to do first?


Init +1 | AC 17 | HP 28/28 | S+5/D+1/C+4/I+1/W+3/C+0 | Perc +3 | 2Wnd: [X] | Surge: [ ] | Sup: (DC 13, d8) 4/4 | HD: (d10) 3/3 | Insp: [ ]

"Thanks," Ander replies politely, then turns and tosses the vials to the two hooded figures, one each. "Here. Try not to die, or to let anyone else die."

He idly runs a hand through his hair as he thinks, then says, "Let's start with Yip, since we're here; then we can go talk to Lady Burral."

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

With some simple directions from Doomguide Glandon, you easily find the temple, and Acolyte Elden. A disheveled man with wild hair is tied to a chair in front of an open window. Deep, scabbed scratches cover his face and his hands are wrapped in bloody bandages. His eyes dart around the room almost without seeing, and he is constantly mumbling to himself.

The young acolyte, wearing the same style of gray robes that Doomguide Glandon did, changes the linens on a nearby bed with restraints dangling from its sides. He looks at you as you enter and nods in acknowledgement, "You may call me Elden, gentle masters. If you have any questions, I have seen to this man's care since last night."


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None

Sizzle catches the vial, and gives Ander a quick bow.

At the temple, Sizzle moves up close to the restrained man, studying him. He tries to listen to his mumblings, seeing if he can tell what the madman is saying.

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

It seems as though the man's ramblings are completely incoherent.

Wisdom (Medicine) or Intelligence (Investigation) DC 15:
The man has a few other wounds, beside the scratches, that have been dressed as well as his hands. One seems to be a cut that was made by a small bladed weapon, while the other two seem to be bruised contusions that would have been made by some sort of blunt object.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 3: Spd:25, AC:19, HP:26/32, Fort:7, Ref:6, Will:11, Perc:9

medicine: 4 + 1d20 ⇒ 4 + (9) = 13 Draco studies him a bit, but still can't quite figure it out.


Init +4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 | S-1/D+6/C+1/I+2/W+0/C+7 | Perc +5 | Insp: [ ] Consumables

I've dealt with the mutterings of madmen before. Uriah says Usually they find whatever treasure they were looking for and depart the dungeon triumphant.


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None

Medicine: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sizzle shakes his head and clucks his tongue.


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

Investigation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Shoun observes the man for several minutes and then examines his hands closely, even going so far as to take hold of them and flip them in both directions.

"He has some interesting defensive wounds, but nothing I would find consistent with the creatures he has described, but these wounds here" says Shoun, showing the man's hands to the rest of the group "were made by something small with teeth. Perhaps even a Kobold, which, given his nomenclature and behavior, could very well be what we're dealing with here." Shoun finishes his examination, pats the man on the head with affection and concern, and then turns to the group and says "We should make our way to the river with haste and see if we can locate this 'ghost ship'. My guess would be that we're dealing with Kobolds, or perhaps a pseudodragon, but I would have to go and see to verify that."

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

Shoun:
Small bladed weapon, in case you misunderstood. If not, I am not sure the motive to mislead?


In. +3 | AC 14 | HP 10/10 | PP 12 | Saves Str -1 Dex 3 Con 2 Int -1 Wis 2 Cha 4 | Spell atk 4 | Spell DC 12 | Spell slots (1st) 2/2

"Did you want me to try to get him to talk?

Eilren uses his fey presence (WIS save DC12 or charm)
Then Persuasion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 to gently and charmingly cajole some information out of the maddened wretch


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

A little late to the party but investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Krissina aids Eilren in trying to soothe the madman enough to talk. Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

Sorry bout this guys, I misread something. Instead of what I thought were bite marks, he was apparently attacked with a small weapon of some kind. Please disregard my comments regarding pseudodragons. I'm still confident we're dealing with Kobolds, however.


Init +1 | AC 17 | HP 28/28 | S+5/D+1/C+4/I+1/W+3/C+0 | Perc +3 | 2Wnd: [X] | Surge: [ ] | Sup: (DC 13, d8) 4/4 | HD: (d10) 3/3 | Insp: [ ]

"Mister Eldren," Ander says to the caretaker, "Has he said anything coherent since you've been seeing to him? Even a single word?"

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

As Eilren speaks to the man gently, the acolyte says, "Please be careful. He is prone to violent outbursts."

DM Stuff:
1d20 ⇒ 14

Apparently in one of his lucid states, the man mumbles, "The eyes, the eyes of the dracolich, it sees me... It is coming... yip! YIP!"

Acolyte Elden smiles, apparently unfazed by Ander's mispronunciation of his name, "Only that repeated phrase of the 'eyes of the dracolich'. Perhaps you can get him to say more. Perhaps we have not asked the right questions."


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

"What color are it's eyes?"

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

"The EYES are upon me! Yip, YIP, YIP, yip, yip, yip..."


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -0

"How many eyes does it have?"

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

He lashes out, snapping his jaws and trying to bite at whoevers near! Blood trickles from the edges of his mouth... then, suddenly, he crumples back into his chair, sobbing, "No eyes... no more eyes..."


In. +3 | AC 14 | HP 10/10 | PP 12 | Saves Str -1 Dex 3 Con 2 Int -1 Wis 2 Cha 4 | Spell atk 4 | Spell DC 12 | Spell slots (1st) 2/2

You're safe now with us... What is your name? What's this about a Dracolich..? Where did you see it..? Your hamlet- where are your people..? Have you heard anything about a ghost ship..? Eilren will continue to ask general questions to try to assess what has happened to the man. If it seems like we won't get any useful information then he'll end the cross examination

This might not be an appropriate time but I'm much 'scarier' than I am persuasive. If fey presence 'fear' and intimidation would work better to bring his ramblings to some kind of sense then we could try that

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

Eilren seems to grow in stature, an aura emanating off of him or a trick of the eyes, you aren't sure, but Yip shrinks back into his chair crying out, "The smalls shamble wet before the eyes, clack-clack, yip, the ghost ship, fog, yip! Blood and flame! Village gone, yip, YIP!"

At this point he is reduced to a babbling mess. Acolyte Elden rushes to the man's side, gently stroking his hair and speaks in soothing tones until the man calms and eventually passes out.

"This man's mind is shattered. The process will be long in healing it, if it is at all possible. Perhaps, you will find more relevant information elsewhere. I have never heard that last outburst before," he pauses a moment in thought, "A knight of the Black Fist came by to interrogate this man, perhaps she has uncovered some further information in her investigation that may shed some light on these events."

The acolyte bows, "I am sorry that we cannot be of more help."


Init +1 | AC 17 | HP 28/28 | S+5/D+1/C+4/I+1/W+3/C+0 | Perc +3 | 2Wnd: [X] | Surge: [ ] | Sup: (DC 13, d8) 4/4 | HD: (d10) 3/3 | Insp: [ ]

Ander glares at Eilren. "That's how you treat a man already so broken?" Then he turns to the acolyte.

"Thank you for everything, Elden. We'll be on our way."

To Burral, the knight of the Black Fist?

Grand Lodge

Outpost Map

I will wait until tomorrow morning to move on, to give some of the others to respond. By the time I get to post, we should have some responses. We are moving right along! ^_^


Male Kenku | Cleric 2 | 3/3 1st level slots | Spell DC 13 | Warding Flare 3/3 |Channel Divinity 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Saves S0, D3, C1, I-1, W5, Ch3 | Pass Perc 13 | Status: Normal | Insp: None

"We'll be on our way." Sizzle agrees. "A knight of the Black Fist?" He asks.

1 to 50 of 639 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DDAL #01-03 Shadows Over the Moonsea [5e Adventurers League] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.