Carrion Crown PbP - private (Inactive)

Game Master Vasari

ROLL20 LINK
Ravengro
Loot list


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,210 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

please do. This is the last two weeks of classes for me so apologizing ahead of time for the flaky posting.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Nothing of interest except for the operating the winch is in the Western Guard Room. You unlock the room across the hallway and pimples form on your skin and the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight as arrows!

I wil typically bot a PC after 24 hrs unless the whole group hasn't declared an action. I appreciate attempting to move the adventure along, but do so with stating your characters actions and do not roll other PC's checks. I will assume PC's are taking a 10 unless I post a spoiler skill check DC. I will be posting a private vote at the end of the adventure whether or not to continue to Chapter 2. Everyone will receive a chronicle for Chapter 1 to apply to a 2-4 level PFS character. You are close to the end depending on the pace of posting. Chapter 2 is much different than Chapter 1.

Captain’s Office (U6)
This guardroom contains a single large table with two chairs astride it and a single sagging cot pushed up against the eastern wall. Several battered cabinets line the northern wall, with a few arrows and bits of chainmail lying scattered on the floor nearby, yet the most eerie sight are the three fractured skulls sitting on the table next to a heavy hammer. It looks as if someone has arranged the fragments of the skulls in some sort of pattern, as if an attempt had been made to construct a fourth skull from the broken fragments of the trio on the table. The leathery body of a long-dead dwarf, his wiry red hair and beard still strangely vibrant in death, lies slumped on the ground behind the table.

Perception DC 15:
You feel a sudden splitting headache while at the same time noticing the fragments of skull on the table begin rattling and shaking. It's a haunt and you have a surprise round action!

The Moss Marauder and three screaming skulls manifests when you enter open the door and the rise up to attack!

Initiative, perception and religion checks

1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

@ Cassandra. I don't mind especially seeing that you roll better than me. lol.
As for Vote. I'd like to continue as I find myself enjoying this game with all of you.
Initative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 As you can see Pazio Dice bot hates me.

"By the gods! Yet another!" breathes out Drasven as he brings up his axe once more and compares the other dwarf's beard to his own.

Hmmm Well kept and groomed, wonder if his comb is of fine teeth or open? Admantine, Cold Iron, Plain Steel or Mithral?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Knowledge - Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
nDevere uncaps the final haunt siphon and hopes for the best
haunt siphon: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) = 8
may have to wait till round 1 as I neglected to state I had the siphon at hand as we explored.


Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Surprise Round (standard actions only)
Windom: skipped
nDevere (I'll assume you already had siphon in hand)
Cass: skipped
Haunt
Zavar: action pending
Drasven: action pending
Flaming skulls

nDevere siphons half of the Marauder's soul is filling the vial with a swirling skull in a loud hissing sound.

The Mosswater Marauder’s (link to pic) spirit seems to rise up from his bones, appearing as a sobbing dwarf wielding a ghostly hammer. A ghostly skull floats in the air nearby, its cranium laced with cracks and missing a knife-shaped
shard of bone along the side. The sobbing dwarf swoops toward and attempts to strike Windom with the head with the hammer!

Zavar:
The flaming skulls are undead as well as the haunt. The weakness of The Mosswater Marauder is he takes damage each time one of the screaming skulls is destroyed. Positive energy is the best weapon against undead and the secret weapon of motivational speakers!

melee touch on Windom: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 automatically staggered and Will Save DC 13 on your next turn
negative energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

I'm not setting up the tokens as combat will likely be over on Cass's turn.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

Zavar will delay.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven looks at his targets and remembering his enchantments would have faed by now elects for the closest thing he can target, remembering that his weapon would have just passed through the ghost.

Attack Random Skull. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

"There's a resounding critical hit threat from Master Drasven. It appears as though defeating that accursed Lopper has changed your luck, and your outlook"

Grand Lodge

The skull explodes and The Mosswater Marauder winces as bone shards spray around him.

GM: 2d20 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12

The two remaining skulls attack Drasven but miss. Party up!


Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

Attack with the new Magic Mace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Windom reacts striking the ghostly dwarf holding the hammer with the magic heavy mace.

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

33/37 HP
Staggered


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

exploit weakness-flurry
nDevere tries to find a good spot to strike that doesn't include pokeing herself with shrapnel. Failing that, she strikes true and follows with a wild cross.
Roll20: exploit fail (9); AC 25, for 8 damage


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

Cassandra Channels energy to harm the undead. 10 damage from Roll 20.

Will Save DC 16 for half. No channel resistance allowed.

Grand Lodge

Windom destroys a skull with his mace and nDevere does the same with her fists!

Cassandra calls upon her goddess and a beam of white energy splits the Mosswater Marauder into black vapor.

COMBAT OVER. Taking 20 to search the room you find a secret door!

The secret alcove to the south is where the guards kept supplies for use in case of emergencies—The stone secret door (hardness 8, hp 60, Break DC 28) remains locked to this day—it can be unlocked with a DC 30 Disable Device check, or with the key from the bottom of the oubliette which you have in your possession. The alcove itself contains several armor stands, weapon racks, and a wooden chest, all of which still hold dust-caked but perfectly functional suits of armor and weapons, and some magic items.

In all, there are 10 suits of masterwork chainmail and 10 masterwork longspwords, +1 full plate, +1 breastplate, +1 chain shirt, +1 longspear, a wand of hold person (11 charges), 4 potions of cure moderate wounds, and a rope of climbing.

DING! WELCOME TO LEVEL 5! Zavar takes 10 and can identify the magical items above.


Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

Wide eyed at the stash of expensive equipment. Speaks as the party changes out armor.

After we exalt this foul place let us take the bounty. The town hall that almost burnt down has weighed heavily on me. Besides creating closure for our dear professor in this horrible tomb I feel some good may come from thwarting all this evil. I plan to take a piece of my share to aid with the repairs.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

"Let's keep moving."


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

"Indeed, we still have a warden's ghost to save."

Grand Lodge

You will need to use the winch in the northern room to raise the portcullis and head further west in area U7 or head south from the central area to U11.


Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

If everyone is ready I will winch it.

Grand Lodge

The winch raises the portcullis as dust and rust shake off the gears and metal screech echoes when the chains begin to move. You move unto the next cellblock and it is completely empty and has nothing of interest except for an exit to the south (U8).

Local or History DC 20:
Reaper's Hold is Harrowstone’s second largest cellblock became its largest when the eastern wing collapsed. Reaper’s Hold was used to house any prisoners for whom torture was required—this generally included captured spies, traitors, or any criminals believed to be in possession of important information but unwilling to give that information up.

Reaper's Hold (U7)
A brass nameplate, its face caked with soot, hangs above a portcullis leading into a large cellblock. Many of the iron doors along the walls within the cellblock hang open, revealing empty cells within.


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

"I'll check the other side for a way back in case some spook closes it behind us. Which way?"
nDevere makes the most of her superior senses and speed to scout ahead.
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Grand Lodge

nDevere:
nDevere: I'm a bit confused which direction you're heading, but I'll assume you peek into area U8 taking 10 on your stealth.

Torture Chamber (U8)
Numerous grisly tools of torment decorate the room, from cages to hanging chains along the walls to a stretching rack, a large wooden tank, and a fire pit in the middle of the room. To the east stands a grim iron maiden, the lid closed and presenting a stern decoration of a tormented woman upon its face. The broken, twisted skeleton of a human dressed in a tattered guard’s uniform lies upon the stretching rack in the middle of the room; the body is surrounded by several discarded knives, branding irons, and pliers. A large, bloodstained wicker basket sits at the head of the rack.


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

nDevere returns from her search and shares her results quietly. Adding "there is little chance we are going to find another winch on the 'prisoner' side of that portcullis, so I think it best we rig it not to close as we do not have the man power to spare for winch duty."

to GM:
your post about U7 happened while I was writing mine. I was asking the party which way and posting my perception check, so that when one was decided you could post my findings. The intent being to check U7 or U11 (per their choice) for a device for lifting the portculis from the other side. But this works just as well, sorry to have caused confusion.


Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

Is there anyway to attach a chain to the winch and a piece of dungeon dressing (or itself) then lock it with a padlock to keep the portcullis in the up position?

Also I have several pitons and a hammer we could use in the track of the portcullis to jam it in the up position.

I have all these items in a sack, are either viable options?

That may be the body of the warden in there. How do we want to present his wife's wedding band? Does anyone recall their names?

I am willing to present the ring to the ghost warden, should no other want. He is long deserved the peace of a quiet rest be it with the burden lifted by showing him the ring, or by force in the name of my goddess.

Small smile, with a glint of romantic hope.

It would be touching to see the two caretakers of this place reunited after so long a vigil. Let us pray he is not corrupted by the years of undeath. It would be a sad deed to vanquish this spirit when it should be commended for duty far above and beyond his post.

Grand Lodge

You can rig it secure with a DC 20 Disable Device and you can take 20 on the check.

You manage to lock the winch tight without a problem. It will take a skilled rogue to undo it.

Grand Lodge

The party makes their way to the only exit in the room. The door is slightly ajar from nDevere scouting ahead and peeking inside.

Torture Chamber (U8)
Numerous grisly tools of torment decorate the room, from cages to hanging chains along the walls to a stretching rack, a large wooden tank, and a fire pit in the middle of the room. To the east stands a grim iron maiden, the lid closed and presenting a stern decoration of a tormented woman upon its face. The broken, twisted skeleton of a human dressed in a tattered guard’s uniform lies upon the stretching rack in the middle of the room; the body is surrounded by several discarded knives, branding irons, and pliers. A large, bloodstained wicker basket sits at the head of the rack.

Perception, initiative and religion checks once you open the door wide.


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
history: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (forgot to roll it earlier)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Religiousity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
religion : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

This torture chamber is not free of undeath. The bloodstained basket near the stretching rack was used as a repository for the warden’s severed hands. After the fire did its work and the prison became infused with the souls of the unquiet dead, these severed hands animated into murderous undead as well!

Drasven's P, I, R: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d20 ⇒ 71d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
GM: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Surprise Round
Windom-22 {skipped}
Cassandra-21
Zavar-17
Haunt-10
nDevere-7
Severed Hands-7
Drasven-7

Perception DC 15:
You notice the lid to the iron maiden creaking open.

Religion DC 20:
The iron maiden is haunted! This haunt can be put to rest permanently only by destroying every single torture device in this room—simply removing the objects from the room is not enough. It resets once per day.

Religion DC 11:
These are two crawling hands.


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

"This room is haunted. Watch out for that Iron Maiden. In order to put the haunts to rest for good, we must destroy every implement of vile torture contained within this room.

Cassandra Channels to Harm Undead for 13 damage From Roll 20. Will Save DC 16 for Half. No Channel Resistance Allowed.

Grand Lodge

GM: 2d20 ⇒ (6, 13) = 19

The crawling hands burst into dust. The evil aura emenating from the iron maiden dissipates. OUT OF COMBAT. It doesn't feel like a CR 5 when you have a turning undead specialist in your party.

The body on the rack belongs to Warden Hawkran. The warden’s skeleton still wears tatters of his chainmail uniform. The torturers used the warden’s keys, symbols of his control over the prisoners, as torture implements on the man. The keys sit inside of the skeleton’s pelvis. The warden’s badge also gave the prisoners an impromptu torture device—the metal disk has been wedged into his jaw, and is obviously the object that was used to shatter that part of his face.

DC 20 Sense Motive:
Although his wife’s ghost is still haunted by the conviction that her act of releasing the lift caused her husband’s death, he was already dead several hours before the fire began—a truth the prisoners were careful to hide from the guards above while they thought the promise of his safe return still had a chance of buying their escape.

DC 15 Heal check:
The warden’s last moments of life were hardly pleasant. While examining his body reveals the grisly truth of his demise, which includes broken bones, severed hands, dislocated hips and shoulders, a shattered jaw, and numerous long, thin needles that have been driven into his ears, eye sockets, elbows, hips, and knees.

Zavar:
You discover a secret door in the east wall.


Human Inquisitor 4 [HP 36/37 |AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +9 | Perception +9, Init +7

"Cass please allow me to buy you a dinner when we return. You have out done yourself again."

Windom will walk over to the rack and reverently remove the items of torture from the corpse while praying. He will arrange the remains in a more proper arrangement.

"Friend, warden. You may rest at ease, we have come to vanquish the restless prisoners you have continued to guard in death. Your wife waits for you upstairs. Go to her and blessings to you on your journey."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

"I spy, with my little eye..."

Zavar grins.

"There is a door hidden on the east wall."

Grand Lodge

A pudgy, middle-age man in a beard and top hat materializes from the bones. His form is incorporeal, and he speaks slowly as his jaw appears to be broken and missing both hands.

"How can...that be?!? My wife is...here?!? I am bound...to my badge...and cannot leave...this room."


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

"Your wife, Lady Vesorianna, came to visit you that fateful night, when the evil denizens rioted, and took over the prison. She was concerned for you. The guards asked her to stay in one of the rooms above, where she, unfortunately, perished in the inferno that followed. Her presence still resides upstairs, and has taken up your efforts to control the evil that was housed here. She has presented us with her wedding ring to present to you to show that we work on her behalf. She yearns to know what became of you that night. If you are bound to your badge, then perhaps, we can remove your badge from this location, and take you to your wife."

"We do have some work left to do here in the dungeons of this prison. We believe that we have laid to rest four of the five responsible for the upheaval here at the prison. We suspect that the ring leader remains yet to be destroyed so that you and your wife may rest peacefully from here henceforth."


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

nDevere takes the items as Windom removes them and takes pains to break each one, halting abruptly when the Warden's spirit appears. Instead of breaking the badge she cleans it and pins it to her chest next to the one marking her as an agent of Ravengro. She proceeds from there to the iron maiden striking it rhythmically so as not to drown out the conversation and make sure each hit makes progress toward its destruction.
using exploit weakness to ignore object hardness, DC=10+hardness.striking only when successful
exploit check, flurry damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 162d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12
exploit check, flurry damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 262d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 7) + 2 = 14
exploit check, flurry damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 222d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 8) + 2 = 16
She begins to revel it the destruction of the torture equipment and encourages the dwarf's aid.
"Хайде сега Drasven, Знам, че искате да се удари нещо."

Dwarven:
Come now Drasven, I know you want to hit something.

"We should put an end to this equipment before heading beyond that door Zavar found"

Grand Lodge

"You have my...eternal gratitude. I long to be...reunited as I have been...patiently waiting for many years.". The Warden tips his hat and becomes silent unless you ask him further questions.

Do you return the badge or keep exploring?


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

I think we should take the badge to present to Vesorianna. It may be the only way to put her to peace.


half-elf monk (martial artist 5) HP 36| AC18 t18 ff14| F+5 R+7 W+7| CMD 21| init+5| Acro+17, Climb+8, Escape+8, Know. History +5 Perception+12, sense motive+10, stealth+10,Survival +4

"I'm all for putting this couple back together, but we will be heading that way again soon enough. I do have obligations out at the graveyard. In the meantime we could get to the bottom of who is behind this horror, and what they wanted / expected from this place."
nDevere says her piece and gets in place next to the door ready to follow in the usual marching order.

Grand Lodge

The rough stone walls of this natural cavern drip with moisture, leaving stagnant pools of water on the uneven floor. Your first few steps lead you through a narrow tunnel and widens into a small opening. Your boots soon become sticky from 6 inches of protoplasm hued a sickly combination of yellow, orange, and brown. The protoplasm ripples to end of the tunnel and reverberates back to your feet. The entire floor pulsates and snaps into motion. A 10 foot bowling ball of quivering jelly rolls straight towards 5 humanoid pins!

Party up then monster! It has a -5 initiative, so I'm not bothering rolling an initiative order.

Dungeoneering DC 20:
It is a Ochre Jelly and immune to electricity, mind-affecting effects, ooze traits, slashing and piercing damage.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

Zavar shares the knowledge with everyone.

Grand Lodge

An additional piece of information is learned from that roll. If the ochre jelly is hit with a non-blunt weapon, then it will split.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Osirion) Sorcerer - lvl. 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
(Fortitude save or staggered for one round)

Zavar hurls a snowball at the pile of slime.

Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 2) = 17


Female Human Cleric 5 [HP: 46 | AC:21 T:12 FF:20 | Init +3 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +8] (+2 vs. Death Effects) [Channel 3d6 (+5 vs. Undead), DC 16] [Scimitar: +3, 1d6; Morningstar +3, 1d8; Light x-bow +4, 1d8]

Cassandra listens to the information from Zavar, and realizes that there is nothing she can do. Windom, you may want to fall back out of the narrow corridor, lest you have to battle this beast by yourself.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,210 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carrion Crown PbP - private All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.