Call Forth Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Aku Warashi

You hear in his dying breath whisper “The shining sun has seen the wickedness you hide in hearts. And thus it will be the son who brings your doom.” then he dies.

Loot; Dramatis Personae; Battle Map

Evil Lair. Modifications


1,751 to 1,800 of 2,465 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Oracle 5 | HP 33/38 | AC 20 <+2 vs Good> | T 10 <+2 vs Good> | FF 20 <+2 vs Good> | CMB+5 | CMD 15 | Fort +5(+9 vs. Disease) <+1 vs Good> | Ref +2 <+1 vs Good> | Will +4 <+1 vs Good> | Init +0 | Perc +3 | SM +4 | Bluff +10
Abilities:
6/7 1st level | 6/6 2nd level | 9/9 Death's Touch | Raise the Dead 0/1

Reflex vs DC 22: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Oh thank G... Asmodeus...

HP: 38 - 18 = 20

Seren had been expecting a lot of things from this fight, but to be covered in a caustic acid was DEFINITELY not one of them. She could just barely feel it burning at the ragged edges of what skin she had left.

And this infuriated her. It was one thing if she sacrificed her body for the Dark Prince, but to have one such as this steal it? That was unacceptable!

She burst around from behind the dog, a scream in her lungs, and she lunged at it, her fist crackling with black hellfire...

Touch attack vs. Moon Dog: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 ... sigh

... But the acid clung to her tightly, the viscous liquid blurring the enemy before her eyes, her swing going wide.

Cast Inflict Moderate Wounds, holding the touch. Move and attempt to touch. I missed, but that means I still have the spell charge for next round, and I'm counted as 'armed' for flanking and proving AoO's.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

I just notice I forgot reflex for the moondogs and Mysty SR from fireball.

Rolls:

Moondog1
Reflex x DC 13: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Reflex x DC 13: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Mysty SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Moondog2
Reflex x DC 13: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Reflex x DC 13: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Mysty SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Upon teleporting to the second floor, Rose immediately hears the sound of combat, the scream of the dying and running thru the temple, she gets closer as she can to her fellow conspirators.

--
Hound brandish his sword as one of the sisters moves away to cast her spell but the enemy nimbly evade his attack. Instead of giving chase, he charges at the other, closer to him and unleashing the bestial fury that guides his actions.

The sword describes a beautiful and deadly horizontal arc and this time, not even the natural resistance of the enemy is capable of stopping his hand. It cut deeply into the enemy, drawing sacred blood in this cursed temple.

--
Flame and anger moves up her head as Mysty disregarding her own safety wades in combat to avenge her pets. Her rapier pierces the enemy with precision and maybe because of her anger, she is able to hurt an enemy she normally would not be able to.
They have DR 10/evil

Arthephios is quick to join as ordered, charging and slamming the enemy as well.

--

Nahia use her powers to interfere and curse the enemy.
Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 and it is able to shrugh off most of the effect of her curse.

Seren tries to use negative energy to hurt her enemy, but fails badly and isn’t able to hit it.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Instead of feeling or attacking, both moon dogs start to howl.
A dread feeling takes root over everyone present, as they start to shake in fear.

Everyone need to make 2 Will saves DC 18 or be affected by Fear Spell.

The acid splattered on Hound and Artephius body continues to burn.

Howling in the Night

Round 3-

Ordered Initiative-

Hound: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Mysty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Nahia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Enemies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Rose: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Active Effects-

Map-

Link

Notes-

-

Narrative-
You guys can all post your actions. Rose, I’ve ‘moved you’ for the last two round and I’ve set your token in the map as well.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

HP 35/97 (47/109 when raging)
AC 18/12/18 (17/11/17 when raging)
Saves F10/R5(7traps)/Will 5 (F12/R5(7traps)/W7 When raging add +3 against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. Cannot be a willing receiver of spells even from allies)
Base BaB +7/+2
Weapons in hand:Greatsword
Rage 1/17
Current effects:DR 1/-

Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Hound flees.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Giving his back to the enemy, Hound start to run…
AoO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Trip: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
But the moondog bite his legs, making him stumble and fall. Even then, the barbarian raises again and to flee once more.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The eerie howl of the moon dog made mysty's blood run cold. Sudden doubts and fears flared in her mind, and her blood ran cold. She felt her soul laid bare to that howl, sensing the judgement awaiting her for her crimes. She cringed internally and suddenly wanted nothing more than to run, run as far and as fast as she could.

So she did.

Artephius, being a golem and beyond such things as fear and panic kept obeying its last order. Not fear, nor acid bath would stop this creation, short of destruction. Kill the moon dog.

slam 1: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

slam 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

damage 1: 2d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 8) + 8 + (1) = 24 Acid damage

damage 2: 2d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 + (5) = 20 Acid damage


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

Aku, thanks for Botting me. I wasn't getting gameplay updates again. Just the discussion ones. I thought gameplay was stalled for some reason. I guess I should have caught on when Mysty mentioned the hellhounds dying.

The previous round.

As soon as Rose heard the sounds of battle she said a short prayer and cloaked herself in the the power of Asmodeus. With her new longsword in both hands she charged toward the fray.

Casting Protection from Good.

This round.

Whatever these things were, they were in for a great deal of pain. Rose didn't stop to assess. The battle looked dire. The explosions that had been shaking the halls clearly had her allies on the defensive. The tide needed to turn.

She wasn't sure if the creatures were true agents of goodness or not, but she called down the power of Asmodeus anyway, just in case. Asmodeus could sort it out for her.

Smite Good. Damage bypasses DR
Charge, Smite, Power Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 5 - 2 + 11 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 10 = 30

"Heel, dog! You are powerless before the might of Hell!"

Intimidate to Demoralize (cornugon smash): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Leaving the hound Shaken for some number of rounds. +1 additional round of shaken from Frightening ability

Command, DC 17 will (Halt command)

Then she quickly followed up her fearsome sword blow with twist of her wrist that dragged the blade back across the creature's wounds.

Extra Attack (hurtful), smite, power attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 5 = 24


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Will vs DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Will vs DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Nahia hears the wail of the dogs and it seems strangely familiar. Glancing about, she starts seeing the leering grins of the same misfortune spirits she had sent to the dogs before. Her eyes going wide, she runs in a hasty retreat.

Double Move away.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Oracle 5 | HP 33/38 | AC 20 <+2 vs Good> | T 10 <+2 vs Good> | FF 20 <+2 vs Good> | CMB+5 | CMD 15 | Fort +5(+9 vs. Disease) <+1 vs Good> | Ref +2 <+1 vs Good> | Will +4 <+1 vs Good> | Init +0 | Perc +3 | SM +4 | Bluff +10
Abilities:
6/7 1st level | 6/6 2nd level | 9/9 Death's Touch | Raise the Dead 0/1

Will vs DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Will vs DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Seren's hand crackles with black energy, but as she readies her shield to knock aside her would be attacker, instead it merely growls at her and then howls a howl that shakes her to her soul.

Even the sudden appearance of... something in Rose's armor... is not enough to still her surprisingly fast paced heartbeat.

Withdraw. Do I drop the shield? It's strapped to my arm to the point where removing it is a move action instead of a free action, if that makes a difference.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

so, to recap, only rose and the golem are left fighting. How long does fear last?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Yipyipyip! Whineeeeeee!


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Actually, the fear effect affects rose as well, it's everyone in a 120ft radios...
Fear last 12 rounds. Everyone but the golem is feeling.
You don’t withdraw, you flee at top of your speed and drops everything you are holding.

Rose's Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
As often warriors do, Rose had seems her attacks and their results in her mind, before they turned into reality. However, like everyone else, the hounds howls bring back to her mind dreadful memories and she ends up fleeing.
Antipaladins are not immune to fear in pathfinder.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Ugh, wow. So how much damage is going to be done while we scurry away?


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Caustic Eruption lingering Damage round two: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 4, 3, 1) = 24
Caustic Eruption lingering Damage round Three: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 5, 3, 4) = 26

The acid coating Hound's body burns him again leaving him in the brink of dead.
Hound is currently at 09/109.

Artephious the valiant golem, does as ordered and slam the creature in front of him twice. However only one of the attacks hits and soon after, the acid damage kicks in and the golem is deactivated.
Artephious dropped to 0 Hp, and deactivated.

--

With the knot fleeing from the enemies, no one really knows what happened next.
The thing is, when the fear effect ended, they were all scattered around, but still alive. It seems the enemy chose not to give chase, for whatever reason.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Nope, Sorry I didn't update my main statline, I was usinng the statblock I put up each round since I have different effects going depending on rage, track rage rounds I have left, buffs and so on

HP 35/97 (47/109 when raging)
AC 18/12/18 (17/11/17 when raging)
Saves F10/R5(7traps)/Will 5 (F12/R5(7traps)/W7 When raging add +3 against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. Cannot be a willing receiver of spells even from allies)
Base BaB +7/+2
Weapons in hand:Greatsword
Rage 1/17
Current effects:DR 1/-

So with that much damage I am a puddle


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

After the invasion, the horn is a mess.
Minions scattered all around but surprisingly few deaths.
Out of combat, Intentions?


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"What. The hell. Just happened?" Rose snarled, looking around at the devastation.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

we got our ass handed to us by a pair of mongrels, that's what happened! I will skin those pests! I will flay their very souls with fire!
Mysty's anger after she recovered from the fear was visible, as she hurls a firebolt into the wall for emphasis.
all that work summonjng the hounds, recrafting that golem, smashed by, by dogs! What the hells were they!
Mysty's anger devolves into swear words in halfling, ignan and thieves argot as she waves her hands around.


Ogre

Sometime later, Grumblejack stumbles again in the second floor. He seems… tipsy and after looking at your guys for some time, and then looking at the bodies and the golem and the dogs he finally asks ”Did Grumblejack miss the party?”


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound sniffs Grumblejck's breath to make sure.

The punishment for drunkeness is death. We made this clear for everyone.


Ogre

It takes some seconds to register what Hound had said, but then the ogre is clearly enraged! ”Who un’ dares to dissobaay! Grumblejack will eat his head!”
Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 4 = 18

The ogre roars with rage enforcing Hound’s death threat!


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

WERE YOU DRINKING?!


Ogre

”O’curse Grumblejack drinks! Elfy gives the best ones to Grumblejack.” he looks puzzled to you all and then asks as if not believing in his own question. ”Do.. err Hound un’ don’t drink?”


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia had run inside one of the rooms, throwing herself into the corner. It took a moment before she recovered her nerves. Still, she sat there, her hands clenching tightly and digging her nails into her palms.

All this power... all this sacrifice... just to be bested by those... dogs!... and to run like a coward...

But she barely has time to feel sorry for herself before the shouts coming from the other room draw her attention.

"Calm down all! Now is not the time for squabbling! We need to make sure those beasts are gone and figure out how they got in here so easily!"


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Well they just walked in here, might as well have left the door opened. All the funds we spent and the supposed defenses of the horn were pissed all over.


Ogre

The ogre seems very happy to see Seren and Nahia, he flies over and take both in a big hug.
”Grumblejack needs to…” then he notices the damage done to Seren and asks ”What happened?”


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

The knot begins an extensive search over the minions and entrances trying to figure out what and how things happened, but they weren’t able to find anything conclusive.

Things they know about the incident are:


  • None of the entrances was forced open.
  • None of the traps were sprung.
  • No minions other than the ones in the brothel were killed prior the combat.
  • No one knows what happened to the enemies, when fear took over the place, everyone fled, and when they were in control of their actions, the enemies were nowhere to be found.
  • Pyre was able to see part of the fight, but the crystal ball wasn’t showing the enemies, only the villains.
  • Although they used a powerful acid explosion, that isn’t their real power. They can produce a powerful illusion that mimics one particular school of magic: Conjuration
  • The enemies seem to be some sort of celestial creature, resistant to normal attacks.
  • Aside from the fact they could produce powerful magic effects, they were hurt pretty bad by Hound and Artephios.
  • When they attacked Hound, the attack wasn’t strong enough to cause all the damage that killed the first two dead minions.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Ok, Ok
Mysty cuts off her rage with a chop of her hand.
Revenge later. what gets me is that no traps were sprung.How did that happen. They were not flying.

She takes a deep breath. I'll check the golem and see it is repairable. The good news is we did hurt them, and they left.

Mysty goes and looks at the golem.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"I've never heard of anything like those things." Rose said grimly, clearly not happy about that revelation. "Until we know how they did what they did, we don't have any idea how to stop it from happening again."

Are there any kinds of skill checks or research we could do to figure out more? I think this is mostly going to be Nahia and Seren's territory.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound just gets the mess cleaned up and gets reuglar patrols going for the next few weeks.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

With the first real attack at the horn ending up in frustration and defeat, the knot gathers to plan and decide what to do next.
So, to tell the truth the moon dogs will keep on attacking every night from now on until you manage to kill them. I’m telling you this because it’s fairly obvious they will try again my question is: How are you preparing to face them once more?


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

DM Aku, let me know if we can do a research roll (or just take 10 on our Knowledge rolls). Though, admittedly, we don't exactly have any new sources of information. The closest thing I explicitly have in my collection is that astrology book back from Ballantyne: “Astra Mysterii” A rare treatise on astrology written by the mad monk Clivarus, worth 75 gp.

Seren will take Grumblejack and the two of them will head off for their portion of the search while Nahia travels with Rose. And once their eager searches are shown to be fruitless, they reconvene to discuss the situation.

Nahia tents her fingers, thinking deeply... and frowning. "Moondogs... Plane-travelers from Elysium. They don't show up on the material plane very often, usually sticking to the Astral or Etheral Planes."

She shakes her head and lets out a heavy sigh before continuing. "They're very wily creatures. They're quite fleet of foot, they're angelic heritage makes them resistant to most weapons... though I might can counter that. They're tendency to hop planes also tends to make them naturally resistant to magic."

"And then those Acid Balls... that was a very powerful spell... especially considering it was all an illusion. But the fact that they could create such an illusion means that they can create other, similar powerful illusions... These will be some very difficult foes indeed..."

She crosses her arms in front of her chest and leans back in her chair "A have a few spells that should be able to affect them even with their planar nature. Firstly, my misfortune spirits can still hit their minds, as can my own unsettling aura. That shadow aberration I brought forth against the adventurers should work too, though the moondogs may be a bit too fast for it. The same goes for my stinging hatred. Finally, I can instill a couple of weapons with some malevolence gifted straight from our Dark Prince, which might let your weapons bypass the angelic invulnerability... though it doesn't last for a long time... a few minutes at most."


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Oracle 5 | HP 33/38 | AC 20 <+2 vs Good> | T 10 <+2 vs Good> | FF 20 <+2 vs Good> | CMB+5 | CMD 15 | Fort +5(+9 vs. Disease) <+1 vs Good> | Ref +2 <+1 vs Good> | Will +4 <+1 vs Good> | Init +0 | Perc +3 | SM +4 | Bluff +10
Abilities:
6/7 1st level | 6/6 2nd level | 9/9 Death's Touch | Raise the Dead 0/1

Seren half listens to Nahia's comments, still furious with herself for running.

I thought I was better than that! Is this because I have been so worried about the cold growing in me? In such concerns, have I grown vulnerable to such a stupid weakness?

She then remembers something of their time in Ballentyne and looks up quickly, waiting for Nahia to finish before adding in "I still have a couple of those silence scrolls from before. If we use on of those we can protect ourselves from that bloody howl. Though that will limit our spell options..."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

If these are divine beings like angels, we have ample unholy water from the sanctum up top. Arm all over our guards with vials and order them to throw and then flee if those mondogs appear again.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

What kind of illusion? Are they vision based? Would they still effect us if we were blindfolded?


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia shakes her head at Rose "No, not that kind. The kind where they weave an almost raw primordial essence into their desired facsimile. Even if you knew they were faking it, it would still be real enough. It's almost like wild magic..."

Nahia reaches into her pouch and then stops, her fingers shaking in an almost nervous twitch. "That's not a bad idea Hound. It can't hurt, and it might be a good idea for us to arm ourselves with any that we can afford to spare."


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"Acid from the pool downstairs too. We can give them a taste of their own medicine. The real kind."

"Their teleportation trick? Can they go somewhere they can't see, or is it a line of sight thing? Can they move right through walls and doors? How's it work?"


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia shakes her head at Rose's question. "I honestly can not say. Despite how it may appear, my knowledge of the creatures is very cursory. Again, they are frequent plane travelers, so I would expect that they can easily do that, but it shouldn't be possible to do that to gain entry into the horn. Though once they are inside, doing such a thing to switch floors should be possible."


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"So how did they get in? It must have been the caverns, right? They'll have to come through there again. Maybe we can ambush them."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

We should let the daemons and Erza know, they might be able to track them. I would suggest dogs who could be trained to attack by scent but training them would take too long.

So can we get at least 1 vial of unholy water on each minion and have them toss when the moondogs show up again?


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia looks to the side for a moment before responding. "I would assume the secret staircase in the caverns, though I can't be sure of that. I say we sleep during the day and tell the minions to signal us as soon as they are found. We can give a password to be given at each sighting of another guard. If the password is not given, then sound they should sound the alarm. It should give us a warning as to when they approach, so that we can prepare. Then we can try to meet them head on."

Given our ability to create water on the fount, I don't see why that wouldn't be a minimum, yes.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Is it possible to place a magical ward or alarm on the secret staircase?


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia shakes her head at Hound. "Not with my spells, at least not currently. I think our minions are going to be our best bet for that. I could maybe make something to do that, but it will take a few days, and possibly more funds than we have available..."


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"If you can find an animal, I can train it for about 5 hours at a time."

I have a spell for that. Kit could memorize it too. Between the two of us we could have two or three guard dogs that would be trained through the night. :)


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia shakes her head. "No offense to the trained animal idea, but it would takes us over a day to get some animals from Farhold, and I don't feel comfortable leaving the Horn without my presence for that long."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Send a message to the Baron and have minions pick them up.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia nods at Hound and adds "Not a bad idea, but at the least we're talking a day and a half to get the animal, plus another day or so for training. I'd rather us focus on things we can accomplish today"


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Very well, arm the minions with unholy water, plus ready ourselves with magics that can aid against their kind.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"I can train it with a prayer. Asmodeus likes me." Rose grinned.

Antipaladins have a spell that trains animals for 1 hour per level. I can cast it twice a day. Kit can cast it 5 times if she wanted to.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

mysty returns from her examination of the golem, while they were talking, staying quiet for the most part. Her temper was even now, her attention focused.

She pips up in a pause.

Straight physical damage hurt them. Hound especially, but Artephious and I also hurt them. I'm certain Rose would also be effective. Is there and special material that hurts them better. I noticed my blow was not as effective as it should have been?

She thinks deeply for a moment and adds The golem can be repaired, but we need a few make whole spells. Can you cast that Nahia, or Seren?

1,751 to 1,800 of 2,465 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call Forth Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.