Call Forth Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Aku Warashi

You hear in his dying breath whisper “The shining sun has seen the wickedness you hide in hearts. And thus it will be the son who brings your doom.” then he dies.

Loot; Dramatis Personae; Battle Map

Evil Lair. Modifications


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,465 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty, once her audience and possible rescue team was in place, moved towards the still colossus. She placed the brain into its case...oops, slippery bastard, but she caught it before it hit the floor.

heh, heh. Little slip.

The brain was now safe in its case. She turns to the others.

All I have to do is initialize the connections to the elemental energy and the golem will awaken, an engine of destruction ready to obey my...er, our bidding.

She turns to to finish the job.

Unless it either a) turns into a ravening monster or b) explodes taking out the entire horn.

She gives everyone a winning smile

Here we go

Conjuring fire in her hand she pumps energy into the golem, causing it to jerk and shiver. Once done, she quickly flips backward to level with the others and watches. Electricity, ice, acid and fire begin to flow in strange arcane ways, and the Golem shivers with increasing power.

Then everything goes dead.

Mysty darts over to the golem and kicks it.

halfling:
work you (bleeping) stupid wreak

With that the golem jerks, and lies still, its eye glowing with a mixture of electric blue, burning red fire, white ice and green acid. The energies mixed in its head in subtle traceries over the brain there, still visible in its glass case. The heart cog clunked, and then started a regular click as it functioned.

Mysty smiles. It was done.

Rise, servant of the nine! Rise Artephius!

Slowly, with great menace and power, the giant construct stood before those who would call it slave.

Mysty started laughing. The Hellhounds started howling.

It's alive!

Nahia pipes up Actually, it technically isn't...

Mysty silenced her with a pointing finger.

Please don't spoil the moment.

Mysty, tiny beside the newly christened Artephius. Looked up at the golem.

This is going to be good


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Alchemy(Mysty): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Artephius:

Alchemical Golem CR 9

XP 6,400
N Large construct
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +0

DEFENSE

AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 19 (+4 Dex, +10 natural, –1 size)
hp 96 (12d10+30)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4
DR 10/adamantine or bludgeoning; Immune: construct traits, magic

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 slams +19 (2d8+8 plus alchemy)
Ranged bomb +15 (8d6 energy damage)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks alchemy, bombs, splash

TACTICS

During Combat When facing one opponent, Artephius prefers his powerful slam attacks. Against groups, Artephius will use his bombs to spread the damage amongst all his enemies. Artephius is a heartless combatant and has no problem splashing allies with his bombs.
Morale Artephius is a fearless combatant and fights to the death to fulfull his master’s commands.

STATISTICS

Str 27, Dex 18, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Base Atk +12; CMB +21; CMD 35

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Alchemy (Ex) When an alchemical golem strikes a foe, the attack has an additional random effect, chosen from the options below. The attack can deal 1d6 points of acid, cold, electricity, or fire damage, cause the target to become sickened (Fortitude DC 16 negates) for 1d4 rounds, or cause the target to become entangled (Reflex DC 16 negates) for 1d4 rounds. These save DCs are Constitution-based.

Bombs (Ex) As a standard action, an alchemical golem can throw a bomb as a ranged touch attack to a distance of 60 feet (no range increment). If the attack misses, treat it as a thrown splash weapon to determine where it lands. Anyone struck by an alchemical golem’s bomb takes 8d6 points of acid, cold, electricity, or fire damage (determine type randomly). All creatures adjacent to the location where the bomb hits take 1d6 points of energy damage of the same type.

Immunity to Magic (Ex) An alchemical golem is immune to spells or spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance, save for spells with the sonic descriptor. Shatter damages an alchemical golem as if it were a crystalline creature.

Splash (Ex) Any strike on an alchemical golem with a non-reach melee weapon deals 1 point of acid, cold, electricity, or fire damage (determine type randomly) to the attacker. This amount increases to 1d6 points of damage if the attack is a critical hit.

===//===

The construct stands up and immediately address whoever is closest to him. “Master, command thy servant.” Artephius does not talk like a typical robot. Instead its voice is a sinister low whisper.
I've also added the golem information in the campaign tab.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Nahia focuses her minions and contacts to maintain the herbalist and the commerce front they started from the beginning.
1d20 ⇒ 2
Unfortunately, that week things doesn’t go as planned and there’s no revenue in their business.

Also, Nahia, don't forget to add:1d6 ⇒ 4 * 7 * 10 = 280gp from last week action.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

After the ritual begins, the Horn reeks of evil. It is this very reek that draws a pair of moon dogs out of the deeper Caer Bryr. Bethaniel and Darus Dandra are children of the Prince of the Moon. These sisters and self-appointed vanquishers of evil keep their own counsel and bow to no authority on this plane of existence. These enigmatic creatures have long stalked the endless forests of the Caer Bryr cleansing it of any corruption they may find. They are in their own way crusaders dedicated to seeing the forest remain unsullied and pristine. When they sensed the doings at the Horn of Abaddon, the sisters knew that this was their calling.

Hidden, they observe the place trying to glean its secrets…

---

Then, in the middle of the night, the clear war horn sounds in the second floor.
Intentions?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Just where is my room again?

Hound jolts awake and grabs his weapons while shouting out. Alert! Get in here and give me assistance with my armor! Hound then grabs his leather armor.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

omg 25? I take it back. The dice love me!

@ before @ To the golem Such a nice speaking voice. For the time bring wait here.
Ahe turns to the others.
So, where should we base him? tell you what, he can guard my door until we work it out.

2 now 2 Mysty wakes with a start, grabing her weapons and moving to the door.
Artephius, follow me.
And heads to the throne room, casting magic weapon on her dagger on the way.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

Rose bolted upright at the sound of the horn and tossed her weapon harnes over her shoulders, belting it on right over her night dress.

"Kit!" she yelled across the hall to her sister's room.

"I hear it!" came the annoyed sounding answer.

Rose rushed to the Eyes to scan the Horn for intruders.

Rose's room is on the third floor. She's headed for the Eyes at the statue.


HP 5/13 DR 10/Good | AC:15 (17 vs evil) | T:11(13) | FF:15(17) | CMD:6 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+0 | Init:+0 | Per:+4 | Sense Motive:+5 | Intimidate:+5 | Fly +14 (perfect) Blistering Invective 2/3

Pyre was on watch duty, keeping vigil over the Eyes for just such an occasion as this.

The little angel began it's scrying sweep of the Horn.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia smiles at the antics of the halfling, letting out a small laugh and taking a puff from her pipe.

Mysty wrote:
Unless it either a) turns into a ravening monster or b) explodes taking out the entire horn.

The former is far more likely... but I wouldn't put it past you, little one, to be capable of the latter...

Nahia laughs again when the Golem goes dead, but begins clapping cheerfully when the kick brings it to "life". Though she does frown a moment when Mysty interrupts her, still, the moment is too fun to stay mad.

"Congratulations Mysty! This is most certainly going to be good..."

- - - - -

Andros Bolts upright, glancing around, and his sudden movement disturbed the sleeping witch next to him. But it was only a moment before she heard the sound of the horns. She quickly reached into the bag next to her, nearly knocking a mostly empty bottle of wine to the floor, and grabbed a piece of leather and beginning a familiar chant. Aklo: "Spirits of protection..."

Mage Armor

Standing quickly, her night gown, as well as the rest of her, shifted into her feral form, her mouth widening and her hair appearing to move on its own.

Andros quickly sprung onto her shoulders and the Witch prepared herself to head out the door when a cry came from the next room...


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Oracle 5 | HP 33/38 | AC 20 <+2 vs Good> | T 10 <+2 vs Good> | FF 20 <+2 vs Good> | CMB+5 | CMD 15 | Fort +5(+9 vs. Disease) <+1 vs Good> | Ref +2 <+1 vs Good> | Will +4 <+1 vs Good> | Init +0 | Perc +3 | SM +4 | Bluff +10
Abilities:
6/7 1st level | 6/6 2nd level | 9/9 Death's Touch | Raise the Dead 0/1

Seren had not been sleeping well lately. But not in a bad way. The air in the place made her tingle, made the edges of her flaking skin and exposed bone buzz. Others may have even described it as feeling more alive, though the irony of that statement filled Seren with mixed emotions.

And then the horn sounded. She quickly bolted into action, grabbing the metal plates next to her and strapping them into her arms and legs, the straps drawing unnaturally tight against her exposed muscle and bone.

Hearing Nahia's voice in the next room, she called out "Hey! Give me a hand in here!"


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia entered Seren's room and grabbed her plate, trying to figure out which straps to tighten and which to buckle. Seren had to give her some quick instructions, which Nahia was too busy with to bother trying to be catty about.

But quickly enough Seren was strapped and ready, as they went to see what was going on.

We will take the full two minutes and some change for a normal donning of her breastplate, unless we get an emergency signal of some sort, in which case it's a minute and some change for a quick donning.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

@Kitara: The character can be added in the gameplay, if someone wants to take it up and create e profile feel free to do it, if none wants I'll do it later, however unless taken by leadership, she'll not participate in any battle or be counted as 'resource' for the party.
Cristal Ball: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
While Rose bolts towards the sanctum to search for enemies. A welcome sight, some would say, the woman running in her nightclothes barely covering the sinuous and lean body always hidden behind the armor.
Scanning the crystal ball, she quickly finds the motive of the alarm, but cannot find what caused it.

Where once resided the Goo’s I’m assuming they have been disposed, since they would attack anyone trying to enter the room, and where it’s currently the brothel, minion corpses laying around, their throat ripped off as if bitten by some savage animal.

--

Meanwhile, the rest of the Knot gathers, near Hound, with the Golem following behind Mysty.
Moving towards the disturbance, they find as well to body of the minions, but see no evidence of what might have attacked them.

@Heal/Nature: It's obvious they were killed by some sort of best with fangs. A wolf, a dog or something along this line. But the attack, clearly done by more than one creature, is extremely vicious.
@Scent: The room is filled with sent from some sort of animal. It makes you think of a wild beast from the briar.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound starts sniffing around the room like his namesake.

Smells like some sort of animal, like a beast from the biar.

Survival to try to track by scent: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Get everyone up, send a runner down to the caverns to yell at the boggards to start patroling.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

No ranks in survival, so Andros can't do any better than Hound did.

Nahia shouts along with Hound "And keep the signal horns at the ready. The sooner you call us the more likely you are to live!"

Turning to her companions, she adds "We need to stick together and start searching. This is too big a threat to mess around with..."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

agreed. So we start at the entrances and work in, or follow hound on the scent?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Stick together, right. Hound keeps sniffing. Have your hellhounds get to work as well.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty gives a loud whistle.
babies! We have some hunting to do

The hellhounds bound up, flame drooling from their mouths.
using the few words of infernal she knows she says enemy near, track them with us.

sorta making an assumption here, aku. I'm going to get infernal next time i level, so I'm thinking i am learning it right now, so i have learnt a few words to give basic orders to them. Basic stuff only. If you don't want that I'll discontinue


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

I'll assume Rose continues in the Sanctum, while the others move to search the enemies.

Hound, Nahia, Mysty with hellhounds and a golem tagging along start their search in the second level of the horn.
There is a problem though: They scent disappears when they leave the room. Somehow, it seems the creature did not leave the brothel.

Being around Rose for a long time, they instantly knows what that might mean: Rose’s scent changes when she changes herself thru spells, and that might be exactly what’s happening here.
Intentions?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Is there any way to detect their....aura? Using the Eyes for example? Hond snaps at some minions to travel in pairs.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Also, we need to see if these are Mitrians invading us again or some other creature. Hound taps his chin. If they can change shape, we can gathe rup the guards in groups and say, have them utter an oath to Asmodeus at the altar room and be sprinkled with unholy water. Those that pass are kept seperate from the others.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

How did...maybe this thing can teleport? Or it can delete its scent.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

If whatever did this can teleport, then we have to start scanning the horn with the eyes.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia nods at Hound "I'm still holding out hope that we'll hear a signal horn in time to find them. Also, we should go inspect the guards now with magic detection spells. While they may transform in ways other than magic, it is the least we can do at this point..."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound will gather together a group of guards and take them into the altar room to Asmodeus. We have a spy in the horn that can change shape. Everyone place your hand on the altar and express your gratitude to Father Asmodeus. Hound will get some unholy water to 'baptise' each guard. The guards will then be told to wait in a side room and have Erza keep an eye on them.[/b]

Wait, Erza, will you patrol the Horn to look for these possible intruders. Hound grabs a cloth with the scent of the beasts on it. Plus we need to speak to Hextor and Vextor, if they can track by scent they can patrol their floor and at least keep an eye out.

So get guards scanned and have Erza,Hextor and Vextor patrol


HP 5/13 DR 10/Good | AC:15 (17 vs evil) | T:11(13) | FF:15(17) | CMD:6 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+0 | Init:+0 | Per:+4 | Sense Motive:+5 | Intimidate:+5 | Fly +14 (perfect) Blistering Invective 2/3

Pyre continued to scan for intruders using the Eyes.

Any luck?


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

Rose's skin rippled and shifted, taking on a much less human form.

A moment later a red-furred Bugbear in a satin nightgown sniffed the air to try to find the scent of the intruders.


Kit walked into the bloody room without any kind of urgency, glancing at Rose's bugbear form.

"Well that's an improvement."

Then she took an eye at the bodies.

"Hmm. They're quite dead, aren't they."


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"Looks like some kind of animal did it. Any idea what kind?" Rose growled.


"Nope." Kit said, turning around and going back the way she came.

Looking at Kit's sheet, apparent;y she doesn't actually have Knowledge Nature. Weird.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"Where arrrre you going? We have intrrruderrs to trrrack down." Rose said with a hint of a snarl.


"To the garden. I'll keep watch there. Happy hunting." Kit said with a smile over her shoulder.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

Rose rolled her eyes at her useless sister and kept sniffing, trying to find a scent to follow.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound ticks off what he thinks should be done as they search. Boggards rousted and kept wary in the caverns, Erza patroling his floor, the daemons patroling theirs. He sends Grumblejack to yell at the boggards . Pretty much we're the only ones who can talk tot he wraith or daemons..Kitara! Go inform the daemons before you sit on your arse.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

Is hound on the third floor with Kit and Rose? I thought he was downstairs with Mysty?

GM, can we get a breakdown of where everyone is?


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Sense Motive: 3d20 ⇒ (8, 16, 13) = 37
@Hound, you guys are in the second floor, Erza and the Daemons are in the third, there's no way to order them about if you don't go see them personally.

Rose transforms in a creature not so appealing starts sniffling her way around trying to find the invader while she moves to reunite with the others in the second floor.

Meanwhile, the evil troupe continues their search and they are about to move out when Nahia detects transmutation magic in the place.
At the same time, two of the minions passing nearby suddenly look in their direction, Hellhounds, Golem, Villains.

Their eyes reveal something utterly alien, as their shape begins to shift once more. It turns into a sleek, white-furred hound stands three feet tall at the shoulder. It paws resemble hands and its face seems preternaturally wise.

Howling in the Night

Round 1-

Ordered Initiative-

Hound: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Mysty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Nahia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Rose: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Enemies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Active Effects-

Map-

Link

Notes-

I'll put Rose somewhere close to the teleporter room in the third floor. With one action, she might be able to reach the throne room in the second floor, and from there, move to join the battle.

Narrative-

Nahia, Hound, Mysty you guys are up, intentions?

K:Planes DC 19:

Moon dogs are extraplanar hounds that live in nomadic packs on Elysium, traveling and hunting planar menaces where they please. Often their hunts will take them to the Astral Plane or the Ethereal Plane, and sometimes to the remote wildernesses of the Material Plane. More often than not, they enter the Material Plane to combat irruptions of evil outsiders plaguing innocent mortals.
Moon dogs can stand erect and wield weapons if desired, but they prefer the speed and mobility of traveling on all fours.
You know it’s an good extraplanar that resist attacks and magic.

K:Planes DC 24:

Moon dogs have several spell like abilities and their howl can produce several effects.

K:Planes DC 29:

They can shift planes and heal wounds by liking it. They also detect magic and evil and can see invisible foes.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

do you want the golem and hellhounds to act on my initiative, or separately

knowledge planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Artephius, blast them! Without blasting us!

infernal:
hounds, hold!

While giving her command, she steps five feet, drawing her wand and looses a fireball.

fireball: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 4, 2) = 16 DC13 reflex for half.

aku, if you want to run the golem and hounds, let me know. I'll detail this round and future ones if you want

Atrephius moves five feet for a better shot and hurls a bomb at the closest opponent.

bomb: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 touch

damage: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5, 1, 4, 3, 5, 6) = 27

energy type: 1d4 ⇒ 2 cold

splash damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

infernal, after atrephius's attack:
hounds, kill!

The hellhounds spring forward, but only 2 get in close enough to

breath fire 1: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10 DC 14 reflex, save for half

breath fire 2: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 DC 14 reflex, save for half

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

phew. Again aku, you don't want to control them, let me know. Don't want to step on toes


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

HP 97/97 (109/109 when raging)
AC 18/12/18 (17/11/17 when raging)
Saves F10/R5(7traps)/Will 5 (F12/R5(7traps)/W7 When raging add +3 against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. Cannot be a willing receiver of spells even from allies)
Base BaB +7/+2
Weapons in hand:Greatsword
Rage 0/17
Current effects:DR 1/-,

Hound pauses for the torrent of fire to stop and then leaps forwards to attack the creatures.

Greatsword,PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 182d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 4) + 12 = 18


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

And Mysty, don't forget, Nahia offered to teach you Infernal in return for being able to learn Halfling...

Nahia smiles for a moment when the creatures show temselves, and tries to hide her concern when she recognizes them for what they are.

Tricky opponents. I don't know how the Horn will interact with their escape methods... Did the church send them or are they acting on their own?

Trying not to get distracted by her thoughts, she reaches into her robes and brings out a small tuft of black fur as she stares right into the eyes of one of the beasts. With a quick chant she tosses the fur into the air Aklo: "Restless spirits of misfortune, take amusement with my foe..."

Two small devilish figures appear, seemingly made of shadow, their only clear features being their glowing purple eyes and mouth, warped into a sadistic grin. Slowly, they walk towards the beast, a faint echoing laughter emanating from them, fading away as they get closer and closer.

Her spirits summoned, she shouts to the others "Surround them, don't give them time to escape!"

Casting Ill Omen on the one to the right. No save (though SR does apply if they have it) or that one must roll twice on its next two rolls and take the worse of them.

Caster Level vs SR (if they have it): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Oracle 5 | HP 33/38 | AC 20 <+2 vs Good> | T 10 <+2 vs Good> | FF 20 <+2 vs Good> | CMB+5 | CMD 15 | Fort +5(+9 vs. Disease) <+1 vs Good> | Ref +2 <+1 vs Good> | Will +4 <+1 vs Good> | Init +0 | Perc +3 | SM +4 | Bluff +10
Abilities:
6/7 1st level | 6/6 2nd level | 9/9 Death's Touch | Raise the Dead 0/1

I didn't know if Seren goes now or if you wanted her to hang back, but just in case...

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 ... Really?

Believing this to be an attack from by the church, Seren holds forth her shield, the symbol embossed on it starting to crackle with a black light. Shifting to the other side of the battlefield, she keeps her eyes on the dog creatures, always keeping her shield pointed at them, ready for an attack.

And when she finally takes her position there is a CRACK of black energy from her shield that surrounds her before fading into crackling black lines that slither and writhe around her armor.

Moving and casting Protection from Good on myself.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Nahia, yes I remember, in fact am counting on it. I am assuming i have learned a few command words thus far.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Bombs and fire breath seems to be effective against the hounds, Hound attack and Nahia magic’s are hampered by the monster natural resistance.

@Enemies

One of the dog’s moves closer to Seren, howls and an explosion of acid appear splashing all around burning more than the fire.

Since it’s this a complex effect, created using Shades spell-like ability, I’ll roll for will to disbelief, against the Caustic Eruption spell effect created by the shades.

Hound Will DC 22: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Hellhounds Will DC 22: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Seren Will DC 22: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Hound, Seren and Hellhounds takes 100% of the damage. You can do a reflex save to take only half of the damage and don’t take damage in the following rounds.

Acid Damage Reflex DC 22: 12d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 1, 2, 3, 6, 2, 1, 6, 6, 2) = 37

The other dog does exactly the same moving to stay just shy of the range of the other hound, going around Hound, howling as more acid explodes around it.

Same thing as before, using Shades to simulate a Caustic Eruption spell.

Reflex DC 22 to take half the damage and avoid damage the following rounds as well.

Hound Will DC 22: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Mysty Will DC 22: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Hellhounds Will DC 22: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Golem Will DC 22: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Hound, Mysty takes 80% of the damage, Hellhounds and Golem takes 100%. You can do a reflex save to take only half of the damage and don’t take damage in the following rounds.

Acid Damage Reflex DC 22: 12d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 6, 2, 6, 3, 6, 4, 3, 5, 1) = 46


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Howling in the Night

Round 2-

Ordered Initiative-

Hound: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Mysty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Nahia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Enemies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Rose: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Active Effects-

Map-

Link

Notes-

I'll put Rose somewhere close to the teleporter room in the third floor. With one action, she might be able to reach the throne room in the second floor, and from there, move to join the battle.

Narrative-

If Rose moves to the second floor, she can immediately assumes she hears the noise of battle, as well some minions screaming about.
You guys can all post your actions.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

HP 33/97 (45/109 when raging)
AC 18/12/18 (17/11/17 when raging)
Saves F10/R5(7traps)/Will 5 (F12/R5(7traps)/W7 When raging add +3 against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. Cannot be a willing receiver of spells even from allies)
Base BaB +7/+2
Weapons in hand:Greatsword
Rage 0/17
Current effects:DR 1/-

Did the Moon dog leave my threatened area? I get AoO's then and Combat Reflexes

Reflex#1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Reflex#2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Hound rages and charges a Hound
Greatsword+1,Charge,Rage,PA: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 332d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 1) + 15 = 21
Crit check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 272d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 3) + 15 = 23


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

AoO,PA,GS+1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 232d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 5) + 12 = 18

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

First group

reflex hellhound 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

reflex hellhound 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

reflex hellhound 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

reflex golem: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

2nd group

reflex Mysty: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

reflex hellhound 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

reflex hellhound 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

reflex hellhound 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

All three hell hounds drop to the ground, or in the case of one dissolves.

Artephius staggers a bit, but soldiers on.

Mysty evades the attack

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

The room staggers with multiple detonates of fire, acid and cold blasts, and Mysty's Hell hound companions crashed to the ground.

Mangy Mutts! Artephius kill that one, Mysty commands moving forward to attack the same one, fury in her eyes.

Rapier: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

crit damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Artephius charges the moon dog, its footsteps slaming on the floor at its approach, acid spilling off its fists.

slam: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 2 = 26

damage: 2d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 2) + 8 + (1) = 18 charge, extra damage acid

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Golems current AC is 21


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Christ that hurt... ok, we might bite it in this one if they can do that again...

And their SR is better than 17... crap, my spells are probably not going to work. Whelp, now we know what our enemies have felt like...

Nahia holds back a gasp when the spirits flinch and recoil from the dogs, worried that they might turn back on her. And even though she is relieved when they simply vanish with a displeased murmur, her relief is quickly replaced with anger.

Not being dumb (or brave) enough to get closer to the beasts, she glares at the one near Mysty, her arms raise up and her shadow grows tall against the wall behind her, her fingers bent and crooked as her nails elongate.

- - - - -

The beast begins to hear voices whispering at it, seemingly coming from behind. But as it takes a moment to glance there is nothing there, when another voice shouts in its other ear. Over and over again, the voices wait until it is least expecting to whisper, shout, or even just leave a cold breath on its cheek...

- - - - -

Evil eye on the dog by Mysty. No SR. Will save vs DC 17 or take a -2 to AC for 7 rounds. A successful save makes it last 1 round.

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,465 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call Forth Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.