Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,157 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

The fellow enjoys the attention and quickly responds to each of you in turn, "My record for a night of drinking is 82 ales. Cayden's Familia is very loose in their ties after all Cayden is all about freedom and drinking. Oh and bravery of course thus the reason I am here, challenges and all. You know I trust you won't bite me, but from the looks of it you might... just saying. I am presently the only familia member here in New Faces, or at least none others have checked in the temple in a few weeks. Was there something else you wanted to know? Tell me about your Familia, the Familia of the Mistress!"

He continues to down ale as well and it seems to not affect him at all.

1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 4 = 23
1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 4 = 29
1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 4 = 26


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Fort Save 12: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Joe downs another Cayden Ale. "Well, Spade, all members of the The Mistress's Familia sit with you at this table. As you can see we are a diverse group dedicated to not only serving The Mistress, but also the destruction and closing of Rifts. Lately we have been following The Mistress's edict about the destruction of undead, and have just gotten back to New Faces to deliver our report to The Mistress's temple. We are also affiliated with the adventuring guild, The Tempest Wolves".
Fort Save 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
"BBUURRP!" The paladin felt a great release after his fifth beverage. Joe refills Brandon's beer bowl, pouring a little out in another tribute to The Drunken God.


M Human Shogun samurai lvl 3

I'm the new blood of the group. Just getting to know the place. leaves the drink where it is.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"You're right, Kestrel", Joe agreed. "What class are you? And I can't remember but did we ask where from Earth you were?"


He nods at Joe's statement and offers in return, "Those are excellent aspirations, ah yes that fledgling adventuring troupe. So it seems that this dear beauty beside you is taken but what about, Jellena? Would you care for a dance?" He gives her a wink and offers his hand after downing two more.

Diplomacy+she is a female +she has drunk : 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 20

Fort Save DC 14: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Fort Save DC 16: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Fort Save DC 18: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

The night continues until only one stands that is competing or chooses to stop.

Fort Save DC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Fort Save DC 22: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Fort Save DC 24: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Fort Save DC 24 reroll: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Fort Save DC 26: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 sloshed
Fort Save DC 28: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 Drunk and walks off to be directed by a bartender to his bed.

--------
Please state anything else you do tonight, where you end up sleeping, etc.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Keeping up with the fellows she continues to down ale after ale until it catches up with her. She keeps casting guidance and willingly takes Frank's inspiration.

Fort DC 14: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 29
Fort DC 16: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 26
Fort DC 18: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 31
Fort DC 20: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 21
Fort DC 22: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 21

She smiles at the attention and thinks about it but chooses to decline politely, "Sorry Spade, as tipsy as I am, if I stand the only place I am going is the floor."

bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

She happily keeps her buzz, cheers for the competition, speaks with others, and stays with the group to make sure everyone gets home safely.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

He happily guzzles just to keep up... taking Frank's inspiring words to stay in the game.

Fort DC 10: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 4 = 20
Fort DC 12: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 = 12
Fort DC 14: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 = 14
Fort DC 16: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 4 = 26
Fort DC 18: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 = 11 Sloshed and stops.

He bows out drunk, sitting lazily in his chair watching the others continue.

He keeps the memory of what is still in store for him tonight and stops once he is tipsy. He cheers for the competition until it is complete and walks back with anyone going back to the temple.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe also happily takes advantage of Frank's bonus.
Fort Save 16: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 = 29
Downing another ale, Joe tries to keep Ryada awake, by talking about her training, family life, etc.
Fort Save 18: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 = 24
Fort Save 20: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 4 = 22
Fort Save 22: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 4 = 22 WHOA!
The paladin begins to notice his vision beginning to become hazy, and his nose feels numb.
Fort Save 24: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 4 = 31
Joe begins throwing toasts to everyone at the table, expounding on their positive qualities and feelings of friendship. Joe is a happy drunk.
Fort Save 26: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 4 = 23
The paladin feels the telltale signs that the first few ales have finally caught up with him. "aH. tHeRe iT iS..", Joe mumbled. "aM cUtTiNg mYsElF oFF." The holy warrior clumsy begins to count on his fingers. "Oo. eLeVen. A pErSoNaL bEsT."
Joe makes his way up to the bar, and fumbles with his coin pouch, to donate 5 gold pieces to the temple, hoping it's enough. "tHaNk yOu fOr yOuR hOsPiTaLiTy", The paladin bowed lowers than he intented.
The tipsy Paladin of Death helped Ryada and the rest of the Night Hawks walk back to the Guildhall or Temple. One of the last things Joe did before he went to bed, the holy warrior careful laid the elf bard on her side on her bed.


Spade happily clasps Joe on the shoulder, "Well my... *hic* new dear... *hic* dear friend... we... *hic* we will call it... *hic*... call it a tie!*hic* He is a merry drunk as well.

-------

The next day no one wakes up with a hangover but instead well rested.

Delman:
Dex and Con check DC 14, to see how well you perform for your night with


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

In a weary state, Joe removes his armor as he enters his room. Before bed, the paladin casts prestidigitation on Excalibur, cleaning his shiny sharp edges of the alcohol poured into his scabbard.
Once his head hits the pillow, the paladin quickly falls asleep.

In Dreams:
Joe finds himself in a lavish ballroom, brightly lit, surrounded by what appeared to be noblemen and ladies of court, dressed in extravagant ballroom dress, wearing intricate masquerade masks. Several of the ladies wore their hair in towering hairstyles, some weaving rose vines throughout their hair, others had tiny sprites playing on swings and trapeze in their fancy tresses. The holy warrior went to nearby table and picked up a shiny putter cup filled with amber liquid. Joe raised the cup high to see his reflection, to find he was wearing what looked like a black military dress uniform with The Mistress's scythe accented throughout the cuffs, collars and lapels, while his masquerade mask was a simple black bandit mask, like the one The Lone Ranger wore.
Despite the environment he found himself in, Joe felt at ease, but noticed the other part-goers were avoiding his gaze. He was certain he was being watched, for he was the only person at the ball wearing dark colors, in contrast to the flamboyant reds, golds, emeralds, the other party-goers wore. Before too long, a trumpet was sounded and the party-goers retreated to the two walls on the side of the ball, in which Joe followed. At the door he was once in front of, a clearly fey courtier announced to the room, ”Lords and ladies of The Seelie Court, I present to you..Queen Titania and Lord Oberon!” The room erupts with courtly applause as a beautiful fairy lady floated into the room, followed by a an intimidating but handsome fey man, both personifications of grace and beauty. They walked to the other side of the ballroom to sit at tall ivory thrones, Queen Titania sitting in the more elaborate throne, while Lord Oberon sat at her right. After both fey monarchs sat down, the ball began again with greater vigor. Joe continued to stand against wall, observing the fey lords and ladies dancing, while occasionally looking up to the two thrones. Once Joe caught the muscular Lord Oberon leaning over to chat with the Queen of the Seelie, only to see Titania then quickly look in Joe's direction. The paladin wanted to turn away from such attention, but instead bowed slightly under the queen's formidable gaze.
During the dancing, several lords and ladies made a queue to present themselves to the queen and her consort. Well, might as well get this over with, thought Joe and got in the back of the line. After several noble couples greeted the royal couple, Joe found himself in front of these famous characters from Shakespeare's play.
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
The paladin bowed in a courtly manner before the two high nobles. Before he could speak, Queen Titania cut of Joe by speaking in a voice both melodious and imperious. ”Ah. Yes. Our newest member of court, the 'mortal' Joseph Waskalis. Lord Oberon has been filling me in about the circumstances of your appointment.”
The fey queen lounged backward in her throne and continued. ”Initially you withdrew the resplendent gift of elevating yourself beyond mortality to become fey from Lord Cernunnos. I heard paladins were brave, but not that stupid”, Queen Titania smiled. The ballroom erupted in laughter as Joe glanced behind him, to find the entire ballroom had their attention on the black-garbed soldier standing before the queen. ”Yet, you chose to honor the Seelie Court with a toast of purest water, before your own Goddess?! Brave indeed. And thus a compromise was met, transforming you into the closest approximation of a fairy, yet keeping your..distinct humanity. And Lord Oberon also informs that shortly after your less..diminished form, you overstepped yourself and wished to become a godling, no less. Brash to be sure. But from what our observers have seen, this is true to form for you.”
“A mortal man, ripped from his world, to become a paladin, an epitome of good and just behavior, cursing like a redcap who missed the chance to dip his cap in blood.”
Again, laughter cycles around the ballroom. ”I've been told this intrigues several uncouth members of Court. Luckily for you, you seem to know 'a time and a place' for such profanities.”
Both Titania and Oberon looked at Joe, as if waiting for a response.
”Yes, your majesty”, Joe stated simply. The fey queen nodded slightly, and began again.
”I have other members of Court to greet, so I shall keep it short. You are a member of this Seelie Court, though currently at it's lowest rank. I charge you, Joseph Waskalis, to thwart any attempt of the machinations of The Queen of Air and Darkness and her damnable Unseelie Court, defend any Seelie enclaves on the Material Plane, and assist your fellow members of Seelie Court to the best of your ability. Is that clear?!” Queen Titania said in a tone not brokering any decent objection. "Oh and next time bring Delman and Jellena, they should be aware of making the 'right' friends.”
”Yes, Your Majesty”, Joe pledged, bowing once more before the royal couple, and stepped back allowing the next court members in line to greet the Queen and her consort.
Then, as quickly as the dream began, Joe found himself awake in his bed, vividly remembering the dreamwalk into The Seelie Court.

Joe wakes with a start! It's morning, and..no hangover. "Thanks Cayden", the paladin murmurs as he checks his reflection in a nearby mirror. "Hmm. Need a shave. Wonder if I can find a shave kit today?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

Upon reaching the temple he helps the group to their rooms before heading down to the temple's store. Almost sober his demeanor quickly changes as his lips turn into a mirthful grin. Castria is working on a leather suit with her back to him and he quietly walks up behind her. He is sure she hears him but still sneaks, coming behind her he blows on the nape of her neck.

DM:

DeX dc 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
con dc 14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


She did hear him come in, no one would come into the store this late, at least without knocking or making themselves known. She stopped what she was doing and waited for the attention. At the blow on her neck she put down the needle and thread, then she lightly moaned. Turning to see her lover she extended her arms to hug.

DM:

DeX dc 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
con dc 14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

can say anything the store clerk moves over quickly, she is olive skinned with leather pants and a leather vest. She nudges into Delman and says excitedly, ”That would be my department. Castria, here to help Chosen be prepared for your next mission. First I would ask what you have for defense? As you are a mage of some sort mage armor is your best bet if you don’t have it yet or shield.” She pulls Delman her thick black braids hitting him until they both stand before a shelf full of scrolls, her hazel eyes sparkling as she produces options.

She grabs two scrolls and hands them to Delman, looking down she gets a devilish grin on her face, she gets close to him and whispers in his ear. Leaving the scrolls in his hand she comes over to Frank


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Fort Save DC 10: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 4 = 29
Artemis would take another drink of ale, closing his eyes and relaxing as the alcohol affects him a little. Once the party is done, Artemis would do his best to keep an eye out and help some of the drunker members of the party back to the temple. Once they all are settled in, Artemis yawns, quickly finding his room before collapsing onto the bed, quickly going to sleep.


A servant or adept wakes each of you and brings you to a meeting room, once you are ready. There you find Jellena at the far end of a circular table. Once everyone arrives Delman nods to the servants and breakfast is served in metal platters. Each of you are given a plate with a metal lid, the servant takes the lid leaving your steaming food behind just like any fancy restaurant on Earth. On the plate is a fried egg, a boiled egg, a portion of scrambled eggs, two sausage links, three slices of ham, and three pancakes. Then the dishes in the middle were revealed, a boat of maple syrup, a boat of gravy, a tray of strawberries, another tray of fruit, and a tray of glowing blue berries.

With breakfast served Delman offers up beverage suggestions. Once that is done Jellena voices directions.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

Seeming the humble but proud server he suggests, "To drink we have prepared several options but can easily accommodate; coffee, orange juice, apple juice, pomegranate juice, tea, ale, wine, milk, or water." Once everyone has been served he joins the group beside Jellena.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She puts on her serious face and suggests, "Feel free to voice any other suggestions you come up with or worries. We should put all our ideas out so that nothing is left out. We have many plans in the works including:
Gestalting, also known as dual classing.
There are several places around town we should investigate to gain some ability points.
No quests at the moment.
Get ready for the ball.
Split the loot from the rift boss.
Changing classes or feats.
Collecting food for the Library. Which is being done by temple servants.
With how things stand some other workers might be welcome at the Library such as servants, cooks, smiths, weapon makers, etc."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

He voices his opinion on several of the options, "Yes, I will be reshaping myself into a Divine Hunter Paladin and Inquisitor. Also I would like to bring Castria with me to the library."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She also voices her choices, "I will be staying a bard but adding sorcerer, not sure what blood line yet. Also I need Frank to train me in increasing the duration of my inspiration."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Wow..!" The paladin sits stunned by the breakfast on display. At Delman's suggestion, Joe chooses as glass of milk and a glass of orange juice. "Are there orange trees nearby?" The holy warrior asks to no one in particular.

Jellena Darkling wrote:
She puts on her serious face and suggests, "Feel free to voice any other suggestions you come up with or worries. We should put all our ideas out so that nothing is left out. We have many plans in the works including...

After taking a few bits of breakfast, Joe stands to address the Night Hawks. "So, Jellena, the temple has decided to help us fortify the library? Excellent! I think it would be wonderful if we could staff the Library with more than just libarians. My only concern is maintaining the location secret. More laymen who know might let 'loose lips' fly and the secret gets out." Looking around the room, the paladin adds, "I'd like to hear what the other members think about this issue."

"As for the other issues/plans, it is nice that we have no other quests at the moment. I was originally thinking of helping out in the Temple until the Adventurer's Ball, and by the sounds of it, the temple will need some extra hands. I am also up to accompany members around town to help boost our ability scores some more." Joe pauses momentarily. "And I think I can speak for myself and Frank in stating that we are both committed to gestalting into godlings.
"As for the loot from the rift boss, I would like to split it among ourselves. I for one wish to tithe part of my half to the temple, while keeping a modest amount on my person for charitable endeavors."
Joe then looks to the two inhuman members of the Night Hawks. "Now that Frank has attained his goal of half-dragonhood, my next financial concern is making sure Artemis has enough money to help create and stock ammunition for his weaponry. I am willing to put forth my cut of the loot toward helping other members with whatever equipment needs they have." With a slight shrug, Joe continues, "I'm extremely lucky to have the best sword for my class, and Frank's old lighter armor to wear. For a 3rd level adventurer, my needs are few, compared to others."
Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
He voices his opinion on several of the options, "Yes, I will be reshaping myself into a Divine Hunter Paladin and Inquisitor. Also I would like to bring Castria with me to the library."

"It would be great if we could get Castria on board for library help. From what I've seen, she has great organizational skills we would definitely need", Joe nods at the warlock. "Does that mean you are going to stop advancing in warlock, Delman?"

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"Not so directly. From our previous discussion it sounded like we may do that eventually but for now merely taking a skeleton crew to help get the Library in working condition. I have only spoken to those serving us now, which will remain at the Library. The only loose lips would be our group and Castria so far assuming she is allowed to come too." She relays simply.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

"I will be substituting paladin levels for my warlock levels. Thus no longer developing the ambiguous path of a warlock." he states with conviction.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis just nods at Jellena's, eating a bit as he shifts around, "I believe I'm good money wise," he says to Joe, "But having some spare change would do well in an emergency. I just need to make sure to get... a gunsmithing kit, alchemist lab, alchemist kit as well as a scope." Artemis lists off, looking over towards the paladin.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Well, please let me know at your earliest convenience if you need help", Joe nodded at the demonic gunslinger. "From what I remember, a alchemist lab will cost a few hundred gold. I imagine the gunsmithing lab will be hard to come by; you might have to make it yourself piecemail."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis thinks a little, "A few hundred? It might be different or have changed and I've not known about it, but I thought it was below a hundred gold?" Artemis thinks, "As for the gunsmithing kit, I wouldn't be so sure, I just need to find a gunowner who has a spare kit and we'll be in business..."

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Apparently waiting for someone to make a decision or direction she still waits and then asks Artemis a pointed question, "Did you decide what your wish will be? Perhaps one of the named heroic guns in the tomes? Or perhaps waiting to get back to the library for more research first? No rush just wondering"

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Then once he has responded she asks the group, "It looks like most of us are done. Let's head back to the library and get the ball rolling, we can do the special locations when Frank is back from his training."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"I will need to head down to the armor before we leave.It should take too long", Joe says inbetween his last forkfuls of breakfast.

When the paladin makes his way down to the temple's armory, he greets the same temple armormaster as before. After some pleasantries, Joe gets to the heart of his visit.
"I wish to attend the Adventurer's Ball in about a week. Does The Mistress have some parade armor I can wear for the event? Something sharp and smart?"


The armoerer offers up what he has on hand showing a suit of black leather with white scythes painted on it. He also says, "I could also make some to your specifications."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe is clearly impressed by the black leather armor. "Whoa! Very Metal! I'd like to reserve that for the Adventurer's Ball, please? Can we add some subdued epaulettes and a peaked cap to it?
One more thing, I left the half-plate armor you gave me back in my quarters upstairs. Frank gave me his amazing aluminum armor you gave him. He doesn't need it anymore, since it's too small for his now half-dragon frame. Do you think I should gift the half-plate back to the temple, or keep it as a backup set of armor."
The paladin looks to the seasoned armorer for his advice.


"Yes I have two of them right now. For those embellishments I can see about getting them done with my contacts or you could take a more direct path. The choice is yours but I would sell it back. Honestly I would keep the ornamental leather armor as backup and something you can sleep in when on the road." He relays noncommittal like.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"I completely agree", nods Joe at the leather parade armor, "it's beautiful. Maybe someday, I'll get a portrait made with me wearing it."
The paladin then changes tone. "I will sell the other armor back to the temple. Hopefully keep my debt as low as I can. I must go", Joe said, shaking the hand of the seasoned armored. "I'm off on temple business. If you can use your contacts to get those embellishments started, I hope to be back a few days before the Ball for any last minute fittings. Thanks again."


"Joe, did you have any other debt besides the armor? Good luck with it! Yes at least three days, the time before a ball gets crazy busy. Your welcome!"


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe looked back in deep thought. "No. Just the armor, but it's still a lot of money for a 3rd-level adventurer, take care." The paladin waves goodbye and quickly rejoins the Night Hawks.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"Jellena, you will need to set the temporal displacement of time back to normal in there if we are going to have staff working. If we are away 10 days or so they would have aged 10 years in there. We will adjust it if we find ourselves in need of extra training or research. After the ball we should start looking and researching to find the Dark Souls that infiltrated here. We gained a wish for closing the portal. If you remember the goddess Alethia told me anyways we will gain a wish for each portal closed and each of the 13 Dark Souls eliminated. For now let's go find these area's in town to boost our stats and prepare for the ball.


The Night Hawks either wait for Joe or go with him to the temple armory, or to the store. Once all transactions are done they meet up and then down to the waypoint. There you find that the servants have been busy and have bags full of food and personal items.

The trip from the waypoint to the library is eventless. No threats seen or heard. Especially with detect evil from Brandon and detect evil from Excalibur.

How many people wished for the gestalt mixture?


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Wow! All of you! Thank you!" The Mistress's paladin thanks all those who volunteered to assist the Night Hawks and The Mistress's Temple in this new endeavor.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"Yes Frank, thank you for the friendly reminder. Yes we should learn all we can about the dark souls." she states agreeing with Frank.

If I remember correctly three of us wished for the mixture.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None
Jellena Darkling wrote:
Apparently waiting for someone to make a decision or direction she still waits and then asks Artemis a pointed question, "Did you decide what your wish will be? Perhaps one of the named heroic guns in the tomes? Or perhaps waiting to get back to the library for more research first? No rush just wondering"

Artemis shifts a little, "I'll do some more research in the library before I make a decision regarding my wish, I don't want to rush my decision in case we find something that I might ultimately select."

Sorry for the late post, I think Paizo ate it. :/


Since there was no opposition bringing help to the library there is at least 20 people coming with the group.

With three of you wishing for the mixture it makes enough for 7 of you to gestalt.

First entering the library Jellena likely takes charge to help organize the help to find them rooms and give them a tour of the place.

Once the helpers are settled Jellena gathers the Night Hawks into the workroom with the gestalt mixture. Upon reading and researching the ritual you find out that it involves the following:
Fully submerge yourself in the mixture. The longer you submerge yourself the better:
1 min - minimal requirement
10 min - reduce training by one week
30 min - reduce training by one week, +1 temporary hp until damaged
1 hour - reduce training by one week, +4 temporary hp until damaged
2 hours, gain fast healing 1 for a day once activated.
6 hours, gain fast healing 2 and resist energy 5 (pick one) for a day once activated.
13 hours, gain fast healing 3, resist energy 10 (pick one), and +1 to one ability score for a day once activated.
For eight hours do rigorous training for the needed new class for 4 weeks.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"I know I keep saying this, but, Wow!" Joe states, as he looks around the magical cauldron. "Well, since I told the manual that I wanted to share gestalting with all of you, I will volunteer myself as gestalt assistant: I will get food to eat, books to read, etc. Whatever the submergant needs while soaking, I shall supply to the best of my abilities."
Scratching his head, the paladin continues. "So..the longer the soak, the better the benefits; but it sounds like most of them are for one day only, but the less time you need to train for the new gestalted class, right, Jellena?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

"No you are right Joe, the stuff is awesome and shiny. Yes that sounds right Joe." he replies to Joe.

The cauldron can easily hold two human bodies.

He then asks the book a few questions, "It doesn't say how many can do the ritual at once. Since we have enough room for two could we soak two at a time? Do we all need to soak in the pools or just you?"


The book pipes up relaying, "Well with the mixture all energized I suppose you don't need to go to the pools. Though the mixture could be energized for all of you with vigor if you go to the three magical pools."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
"Vigor does sound nice. Would it essentially act like a 0-level spell for spellcasters for us, or is it temporary benefit like fast healing we would receive if we soaked for a long period of time?"
Looking to the others, Joe added, "It's a +1 to a single melee attack that we can gift to others. If the vigor we would get would work as a spell-like ability, it might be worth finding the other pools."


Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
He then asks the book a few questions, "It doesn't say how many can do the ritual at once. Since we have enough room for two could we soak two at a time? Do we all need to soak in the pools or just you?"

"The ritual doesn't say you can't, but you could be a new addition to the ritual information. I need to absorb the magical energies of the three pools, I need to be present, also all participants need to soak as well."

In response to Joe, "The vigor infusion would grant each participant at least fast healing 1 for at least a month, though likely permenant. Joe you should give me to another so they can soak in the waters and take me, as Excaliber wont let you go."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe holds up the intelligent book for all to see. "Any takers?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

"Joe I could take the book with Kestrel, since we have all soaked in that pool except him. Did everyone soak in the pool of the teal room in the riddle hall? Once that is done it appears we need to go back to New Faces to find the last pool." Delman offers.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She nods in agreement with Joe's and Delman's statements from before.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Astounding! See, I didn't say 'wow' this time", the paladin smiles as he hands the gestalt manual over to the soon-to-be defunct warlock.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

He takes the book from Joe and says before leaving, "Come on Kestrel, we will take the book to the pool and meet up with the group at the waypoint."

Leaving the library he heads South towards the pool of water they took shelter after defeating the zombie horde.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She walks them to the door out of the library and touches the crystals before sending them out. Once the rest of the group comes she leads them out of the library pressing gems and heads back to the waypoint with them in tow. Delman and Krestel are likely waiting for the group. Thus heading straight to New Faces.

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,157 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.