Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,172 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

Delman takes the chalice and drinks from it before following Jellena and the others into the pond. He looks knowingly at Joe saying, "Do you want some?"

He sputters as he comes up in the cloudy pool. He flounders a bit before finally making to the surface successfully. He appears more spritely than before.


M Human Shogun samurai lvl 3

Kestrell grabs the chalice and takes a small sipp. Then follows them into the pond


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

The determined paladin intercepts the chalice before it is returned. "For the Seelie Courts! For Avalon! For the Mistress!" Joe toasts, as he takes three sips of the silver chalice.


Both Kestrel and Joe come out of the water changed slightly too, nothing compared to Artemis but still changed. You get back to the chamber with Ryada picking up coin and treasure, she has left the bone staff alone and the 8 glowing orbs. Only the earthen gate remains open.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

The paladin, along with the others, stepped out of the pool. Joe immediately 'felt' different. He took of his gloves, which felt looser on his hand. The human had always had steak-fry fingers; big and thick. Now, for the first time in his life, Joe stared down at his much slender fingers. They felt more..nimble, more precise.
A wave of worry washed over the holy warrior's face, as his fingers crawled under his back armor. "No wings! Oh God! Please no wings! Please no wings!" For what he could tell, there were no fragile butterfly wings under his armor.
Then the paladin reached into his backpack to fish out his phone. Turning on the camera function, Joe activated the face cam, and looked at his ..new face. Well, it was the old renewed face of youth, but it too also looked more slender, more symmetrical. Even the week-old growth on his face looked good: gone where the thin patches on the left side of his face.
"Brandon. Excalibur. I'm gonna need you to step up in your effort to help me stay humble, because DAMN!! Oww!" Joe exclaimed as Brandon gave Joe's scalp a good, strong peck.

GM Wolf wrote:
You get back to the chamber with Ryada picking up coin and treasure, she has left the bone staff alone and the 8 glowing orbs. Only the earthen gate remains open.

"Oh boy! Here it comes" Joe murmured to himself as he walked to rejoin the elven bard.

"Hi, Ryada. So glad you're okay. I'm very sorry about jumping into portals without you. I'm so sorry."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 Jeez!


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She didn't seem that worried, she was working hard to collect all the coins. She looked up and smiled, a bit reserved she says, "Things are better with me now with all of our talks. I am getting over my hurdles. Plus I collected most of the coins and loot. I had something to do, plus I like being an elf." She gets up and goes over to give Joe a small hug and holds his hand as she drags him over to the haul.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe grins to himself, relieved Ryada appears to not be upset. The elven bard shows all the coin and swag gathered together. "Wow. Look at it all", the paladin marveled. The holy warrior couldn't help but notice the bone staff laid where it had fallen from the Demon Lord's grasp. "Be right back", Joe excuses himself as he walks to get a closer look at the bone staff.
"Brandon, what do you think? Does it radiate evil? And what do you think Excalibur. It looks so real. Is it undead?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Wolf and Artemis:
I will not serve some demon of undeath so not the scarab. I'm not into self sacrifice and punishment so not the glass. Well door number 3 roses and a chalice to drink from. Probably the worse of the lot but no turning back now.

Frank makes his way down the path of blue roses to the chalice.

Silver Crusade

"Yup it is undead, though if you strike it with me, we would both be destroyed. That is the staff and I. If anyone can pick it up and be unaffected, I would say is Jellena or Joeseph, though my weilder has me."


Artemis and Frank:

As Frank follows the path you hear a whisper, [smaller]"Just wait and no choice must be made."[/smaller[b] Then a sweet voice begins to hum. It comes from the chalice.

A viper like creature hisses from the mirror, [b]"Ssself sssacrifice interessssting. A half demon... nooo... a godling! What do you want? A familiar, To be part of the collective, or a profane blessing?"
Sorry I read your post and forgot to respond.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"I have no interest in picking up the staff. Good job Ryada, now to investigate these orbs." she picks up one of them that is white and black.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would just blink a bit, a bit confused at the term godling, "Well, firstly... what is the collective, and what are the benefits of joining it? Secondly, what kind of a profane blessing are we talking about here?"


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Damn", Joe responds to his magical weapon. "I'd hate to leave an evil object around, just to have someone find it. But I don't dare touch it. It's probably make me lose a level by holding it..or worse."
I think I know someone who might have an idea, thinks the holy warrior. Taking several safe steps away from the evil object, Joe kneels down, folding his hands, and begins to pray.

Mistress. Thank you very much for helping us rid Arcanium of one of the Demon Lords who guards this rift. But the monster left an item of great evil in his wake. I fear if I touch it, I will no longer be your paladin. Is their an extraplanar agent of yours that can destroy it or remove it from Arcanium. If not, I was thinking at least, to push it to a far corner with my shield. Please Mistress, what can I do?


Artemis Eule wrote:
Artemis would just blink a bit, a bit confused at the term godling, "Well, firstly... what is the collective, and what are the benefits of joining it? Secondly, what kind of a profane blessing are we talking about here?"

At the question the entity on the other side screams, you can see searing green flames erupt around him and is summarily kicked aside, then a diseased man steps into view, "Sorry about that, demon thinking he could get in on the collective's good side. Eh? You dunno what the collective is? Well Us strong decided we would be better off together, collecting those that would side wi' us. You seem up to the task, outsider and all. You get a branded badge saying you're one of us. It grants a profane bonus of your own."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis just shifts a little, "Ok, but what does the collective do exactly, like what are your guy's goals? And, is the profane bonus chosen by me or is it randomly assigned once I join?"


3 people marked this as a favorite.

In a nimbus of electrified black lightning she appears. She does not speak but smiles at her children. She picks up the staff, walks over to where the demon gate was an reopened it. Stepping through it closes behind her.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe kneels in awe, as the goddess; He. Was. Just. Praying. To; appeared in black electric glory, bent down feet from himself to retrieve the bone staff and remove it from our existence. The paladin could feel Brandon shift his shoulder armor, as the celestial bowed deeply to his patron. After the Mistress left, there were several seconds of stunned silence from the small group of Night Hawks. After what seemed like an eternity, Joe sputters, faintly waving to the spot his goddess left Arcanium, "Th-Thank you."
The holy warrior looked around to the other stunned members of his party, wondering if they saw the same thing he did.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Wolf and Artemis:
Frank stops as he hears the voice.

"What do you mean wait? Who are you?" He then hears the voice from the chalice.

"A trap I'm sure, well perhaps not a trap but everything hear will demand some form of servitude. I am to be a god. Maybe I should have went to become fey with the others.


Artemis Eule wrote:
Artemis just shifts a little, "Ok, but what does the collective do exactly, like what are your guy's goals? And, is the profane bonus chosen by me or is it randomly assigned once I join?"

"We keep demons from getting to the material plane any way we can, to put it simply. Friend."


Frank:

At that moment the portal behind you, some 50 feet back, opens again. Out comes a being you know is the Mistress, you have never seen her before but you know it is her. You hear the voice again, it is from her though her lips dont move. "You may make any choice you want. I allow free will. Though I offer a fourth choice. If you do nothing you will be returned shortly. Know that I detest demons and that is who you are working with now.

Artemis:

At that moment the portal behind you, some 50 feet back, opens again. Out comes a being you know is the Mistress, you have never seen her before but you know it is her. She looks at Frank as if having a conversation but her lips dont move. Then she looks at you, likely using telepathy she tells you, [b]"Joining the collective or dealing with demons is your choice, but know that the more you deal with them the more it weighs on your soul"

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Jellena is as flabbergasted as Joe. She quickly kneels but never letting her eyes disconnect with her divine.

She is likely the first to act once the diety leaves. She looks at the other orbs and picks them up one at a time saying, "Well that worked Joe but typically you only get to call your diety once without payment." She picks up the other black and white one and hands it to Delman after flipping her coin. Then the white one to Joe, offering, "These are our wishes for closing the rift. You get a +1 inherent bonus to the ability of your choice and a standard wish. If you need the specifics let me know, I have a book on it." At that she pulls a 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons Player's Guide from the folds of her robe.

One blue one is for Artemis, the golden and green one is for Ryada, the a brown and red one is for Kestrel, and the stark red one is for Frank.

She goes first, pressing the black and white orb it glows and she wishes: "That I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress's name, I wish to gain Charisma and have the abilities and force powers of a Jedi Knight equal to my ongoing level."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She is caught off guard by the display and the figure is gone before she can think of what to do as opposed to doing something.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

He watches every movement the goddess does, drinking in every moment she grants him. At the end he takes a drink from his chalice, his lips and tongue are stained blue.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:

"These are our wishes for closing the rift. You get a +1 inherent bonus to the ability of your choice and a standard wish. If you need the specifics let me know, I have a book on it." At that she pulls a 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons Player's Guide from the folds of her robe.

She goes first, pressing the black and white orb it glows and she wishes: "That I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress's name, I wish to gain Charisma and have the abilities and force powers of a Jedi Knight equal to my ongoing level."

Looking down at the white orb in his hand, Joe gasped, "Well..holy wish-balls! Wait. So the rift is definitely closed and these wish ..orbs are our reward? Do we still need to go through the Earth Gate?"

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"We shouldn't need to, I asked the previous demon lord to open them for us." she states with a shrug.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Okay", the paladin nods with determination. "That's good to know."
Joe then steps forward, in deep concentration, practicing the next words he will say in his head. Holding the white orb aloft and pressing on it, the magical sphere glows and Joe says, "I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress's name, I wish to gain Charisma and have the abilities and class features of a clever godling equal to my ongoing level!"
The wind around the paladin immediately begins to whip around him, as the sounds of heroic music fill the air around him, accented with thunder peals. A shaft of light shine down into the glowing orb in Joe's hand and surges through the holy warrior's body. As quickly as it began, it ended; with small lighting arcs shifting over Joe's body for a few seconds.
Happy Thanksgiving to all members of the Night Hawks!


Weird, it was suppose to have...

Artemis:
At that moment the portal behind you, some 50 feet back, opens again. Out comes a being you know is the Mistress, you have never seen her before but you know it is her. It seems like she says something but you dont hear any words. She also does not move her lips. She then looks at you and in your head you hear,"Artemis if you continue to make deals with demons, you will likely turn out like them."

Joe gains the specials of the clever godling for his levels.


M Human Shogun samurai lvl 3

Kestrel steps upI wish that I may gain the benefits and not any of the negative ramifications in the Mistresses name.iwish to gain dex and the abilities of a clone trooper and teach them to my allies up to watch my back. looks around to see if anything changes

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

First before he takes the stone and makes his wish he walks up to Kestrel putting his hand up on the big fellow's shoulder, with emotion saying, "I feel good about you sir. You were destined to become our ally. By the great wishes of the Mistress's mouth, Jellena, would you join the Night Hawks? To be part of our familia to the Mistress of Balance. To destroy undead wherever it may be found, to restore balance to the land from contamination, and to protect and serve each other? Jellena by your word and his oath, may he join us, unless a Night Hawk has doubt speak up now."

Should he be allowed into the Night Hawks, Delman's wish:

I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress's name, I wish to gain Dexterity and to have enough of the primordial vigor mixture of gestalt for myself and my fellow Night Hawks that we may all partake at the same time and gain gestalt. May it be placed in the Hall of Time where we have designated as our new Headquarters in the Green Experimental Room's cauldron. Oh yes I have been thinking on this for some time should the need come."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12
Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
"Jellena, by your word and his oath, may he join us, unless a Night Hawk has doubt speak up now."

"I have no objections. Apparently Kestrel wants to be our 'one-man army'!" Joe breathed, as he recovered from his transformative wish.

Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
"I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress's name, I wish to gain Dexterity and to have enough of the primordial vigor mixture of gestalt for myself and my fellow Night Hawks that we may all partake at the same time and gain gestalt. May it be placed in the Hall of Time where we have designated as our new Headquarters in the Green Experimental Room's cauldron. Oh yes I have been thinking on this for some time should the need come."

"Wow, Delman! Thanks!"


The orb in Kestrel's hand, and anyone making a wish with an orb, turns to dust. Kestrel feels like he could dodge faster now. He also can use the feats effectively and knows how to teach them easily.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

He responds quickly to Joe's thanks, "One for all and all for one, am I right!?!" Well we will see how far that works at least. There is the limit to how much a wish typically can grant.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Wolf:
Artemis would turn back towards the Mistress, and after briefly mulling her words, nods and turns back towards the mirror. "On second thought, I'll have to pass on the offer," Artemis says taking the gold back, "But thanks for the offer nevertheless..." soon stepping away from the mirror and waiting for him to be taken back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once he would return to the group, Artemis would raise an eyebrow, taking a look at the remaining orbs, "So... whats the deal with the orbs?"

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She would nod at Delman's pronouncement. She would wait and look at each of the Night Hawks each for a few moments looking for any doubt or objections. Likely none, but if there is one please speak up...

She then walks up to Kestrel and puts her hand on his shoulder and offers up the oath, "If you would join the Night Hawks, become a Chosen of the Mistress joining her Familia speak this binding oath after me: I, say your name, so solemnly promise to uphold the tennents of the Mistress. To smite any and all undead that you encounter. Protect the sanctity of birth. To protect and serve the members of our party before all else save the Mistress. Oh holy mother bless Kestrel with your love and embrace, Mistress welcome your new child into the fold." With that she hugs you and gives you a passionate kiss on the lips. Assuming he states the oath.


Artemis and Frank:
The mirror in front of Artemis shatters after his declaration.

If nothing else she waves her arm and the two of you return to where you left, hearing each of the wishes.


M Human Shogun samurai lvl 3

Kestrel recites the oath with some reminders on how to say definitely the most interesting way to join a group.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Excitedly she squeals and goes over to Artemis, "They are wish stones. Our reward for closing the rift. You gain a boost to one ability score and then make a wish as per the spell. Here look at the description," she pulls out the 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons Players Guide and turns to spells and then wish. "I am not sure what to wish for considering what everyone has done so far."

Wish:
Wish is the mightiest spell a wizard or sorcerer can cast. By simply speaking aloud, you can alter reality to better suit you. Even wish, however, has its limits. A wish can produce any one of the following effects.
Duplicate any sorcerer/wizard spell of 8th level or lower, provided the spell does not belong to one of your opposition schools.
Duplicate any non-sorcerer/wizard spell of 7th level or lower, provided the spell does not belong to one of your opposition schools.
Duplicate any sorcerer/wizard spell of 7th level or lower, even if it belongs to one of your opposition schools.
Duplicate any non-sorcerer/wizard spell of 6th level or lower, even if it belongs to one of your opposition schools.
Undo the harmful effects of many other spells, such as geas/quest or insanity.
Grant a creature a +1 inherent bonus to an ability score. Two to five wish spells cast in immediate succession can grant a creature a +2 to +5 inherent bonus to an ability score (two wishes for a +2 inherent bonus, three wishes for a +3 inherent bonus, and so on). Inherent bonuses are instantaneous, so they cannot be dispelled. Note: An inherent bonus may not exceed +5 for a single ability score, and inherent bonuses to a particular ability score do not stack, so only the best one applies.
Remove injuries and afflictions. A single wish can aid one creature per caster level, and all subjects are cured of the same kind of affliction. For example, you could heal all the damage you and your companions have taken, or remove all poison effects from everyone in the party, but not do both with the same wish.
Revive the dead. A wish can bring a dead creature back to life by duplicating a resurrection spell. A wish can revive a dead creature whose body has been destroyed, but the task takes two wishes: one to recreate the body and another to infuse the body with life again. A wish cannot prevent a character who was brought back to life from gaining a permanent negative level.
Transport travelers. A wish can lift one creature per caster level from anywhere on any plane and place those creatures anywhere else on any plane regardless of local conditions. An unwilling target gets a Will save to negate the effect, and spell resistance (if any) applies.
Undo misfortune. A wish can undo a single recent event. The wish forces a reroll of any roll made within the last round (including your last turn). Reality reshapes itself to accommodate the new result. For example, a wish could undo an opponent's successful save, a foe's successful critical hit (either the attack roll or the critical roll), a friend's failed save, and so on. The reroll, however, may be as bad as or worse than the original roll. An unwilling target gets a Will save to negate the effect, and spell resistance (if any) applies.

You may try to use a wish to produce greater effects than these, but doing so is dangerous. (The wish may pervert your intent into a literal but undesirable fulfillment or only a partial fulfillment, at the GM's discretion.)


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

The paladin walks over to the elven bard. "These wishes are quite powerful, Ryada. You could wish to be trained in all the Perform skills, and have them all match the same skill as your singing. Therefore, you only need to focus on your singing, and your other perform skills will rise to meet it. You could become a virtuoso in all manners of entertainment! Allowing your star to rise!"
"Or do the same with your Knowledge skills, and become a literal font of knowledge, wise in all manner of subjects and theory", Joe added, resting his hand gently on Ryada's shoulder.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Frank nods to the Mistress.

"Yeah I have no desire to become a demon or in league with one. I am seeking the path of a mortal Godling. My Plan is to become the Dragon God of Thunder and continue to serve you. We have learned of the ability to change race and on how to Gestalt. I will choose to do nothing and serve you mistress and stay on my path."

Wish: Would Frank be able to wish to change race and Gestalt? I know the race change was just a question of gaining the funds and resources. Gestalting was a side quest.


Frank you may wish whatever you want, though using that word 'and' typically implies more than one. That is more than one wish. Though if you want actual answers you should ask Jellena. Being in OOC seems like you are asking the DM.

The building begins to fade, or I should say the doors. The structure of the building is fine but the doors and what is behind them begins to fade. There are normal doors that look a bit worn from time and use, and behind them are typical rooms and some filled with debris. The spells keeping this place magical is obviously deteriorating.

Once the group is clear of the stench a voice pipes up from Joe's backpack, "To the South! The pool is to the South!"

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Come Night Hawks, let us go to New Faces before a mishap is upon us from the failing magic. She takes the lead back through the door, down the hallway, out the door, into the putrid stench. She quickly covers her nose and does her best to just be quickly away from it all.

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Assuming the group follows she pulls out another stone that is glowing. Then she begins to follow the stones directions but stops at the utterance from Joe.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe follows behind the oracle, quickly grabbing anything of note and value. Is the voice Excalibur?


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7
Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:

The paladin walks over to the elven bard. "These wishes are quite powerful, Ryada. You could wish to be trained in all the Perform skills, and have them all match the same skill as your singing. Therefore, you only need to focus on your singing, and your other perform skills will rise to meet it. You could become a virtuoso in all manners of entertainment! Allowing your star to rise!"

"Or do the same with your Knowledge skills, and become a literal font of knowledge, wise in all manner of subjects and theory", Joe added, resting his hand gently on Ryada's shoulder.

She shrugs her shoulders and seems to be in a melancholy, "I don't think being a bard will be very effective in this group. Frank inspires the group through his actions in the same way my music would. Perhaps I need to change my class. Delman is becoming a ranger inquisitor. Perhaps I should become a sorcerer and something else. I have... I just don't know." She tears up a little obviously upset but shakes it off and follows Jellena. She looks at Joe says with a smile, "We will figure it out! We will have time."

Sense Motive DC 8:
She is still saddened but putting on a good face.
bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
With a gentle smile, Joe agrees, "You bet we do."

Silver Crusade

"Oh it is the book, it wants you to go bathe in the pool... obviously you must stink. Ehhh." the blade calls out.

Sense Motive DC 3:
He is being very sarcastic.
bluff: 1 + 2 = 3 Auto fail

Joe:
Will Save DC 24, if you fail you stop and can go into the city but not South. Curse of Intelligent items!


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

The Godling manual is cursed?!
Will Save (with Charmed Life (Ex): 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 4 = 23 OH COME ON!!!!


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would hum, thinking a bit as he takes his orb, "Hmm... well considering Delman's wish..." Artemis pauses for a moment, "I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress' name, I wish to gain Intelligence and have my current gun become the most powerful gun ever seen in Arcanium."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"Wait Jellena did Delman's wish work? Do I not have to wish to Gestalt? Or can I wish similar to you? You are a ninja/oracle already and wished to be a jedi. Can I wish to triple gestalt? Also Ryada my inspiration is a moral bonus, bardic inspire courage is a competence bonus to attack and damage and moral bonus against fear so it works well with my abilities."

Sorry for the delay. If Delmans wish worked then then could everyone be triple gestalt? Just trying to get my bearings before wishing. I guess Jellena could be advancing in the Jedi Knight prestige class not triple gestalt. Any insight would help. I don't want to be ahead/or get more that the others though so if Delman's wish didn't work Frank will wish to start down the path of the God of Thunder :) I'm looking at prestige Classes that could be cool if that is what your doing with Jellena.


The gun in Delman's possession disappears and a black monstrosity of a gatling gun appears beside him. It lands heavily on the ground kicking up dust. Attached to it is a giant black backpack. Arcane runes swirl over the barrels in a cascade of colors. It might even be made of adamantium. It weighs well over 1,500 pounds. Also a red light on the guns base is flashing.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1
Frank Steel wrote:
"Wait Jellena did Delman's wish work? Do I not have to wish to Gestalt? Or can I wish similar to you? You are a ninja/oracle already and wished to be a jedi. Can I wish to triple gestalt? Also Ryada my inspiration is a moral bonus, bardic inspire courage is a competence bonus to attack and damage and moral bonus against fear so it works well with my abilities."

He looks over at Frank and offers, "It feels like it was successful but we could go see if it truly came in effect."

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,172 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.