Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,167 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

As soon as The Night Hawks left the crumbling building, the silent paladin made a direct path south, following the edicts of The Gestalt Manual.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10
Frank Steel wrote:
"Wait Jellena did Delman's wish work? Do I not have to wish to Gestalt? Or can I wish similar to you? You are a ninja/oracle already and wished to be a jedi. Can I wish to triple gestalt? Also Ryada my inspiration is a moral bonus, bardic inspire courage is a competence bonus to attack and damage and moral bonus against fear so it works well with my abilities."

Stopping the group she says, "Once Ryada and Frank makes their wishes I can speak more."

She looks a bit worried at the question and looking at Joe. Then looking down at the new golden armband that just appears she shakes her head, then she sits down and stretches out a strange looking map. Joe gains a matching gold armband.

Once the wishes are made:
She offers what she thinks as a response, "First only if it is a standard wish will there be no repayment or equalization neccessary as we are wishing under the Mistress of Balance. There will be a payment needed otherwise. I have a map of ramifications, a blessing that the Mistress gave me and I made into a magical item. It allows me to see the ramifications of a wish. Also the Mistress allows a do over if you are part of the familia once each wish.
Delman's wish has enough mixture to make 4 of us gestalt, or 2 with vigor. We will still need to do the research and find the three pools.
My wish has given me a curse that if I fail, I gain ability damage and could eventually die from, so I will likely switch my wish to match Delman's.
Kestrel your racial change will make you a guardian of Delman and aware of when he is scared. Your wish does not appear to have any ramifications.
Joe's wish grants him a curse like mine which will go away once he is gestalt into that class.
Artemis the owner of that gun is not so happy to no longer have it and will track us down bringing friends. Also it is imbued with evil, chaos, and is fire infused, making you gain 3 negative levels when held. You may want to pick a more appropriate gun from one of the books."

Silver Crusade

Joe sorry if that was confusing but you were saving versus me, excalibur to not do what the manual asked. You may act normally just not go South of town.

The sword blurts out, "Nope you are clean enough my paladin and you will not follow that book's edicts. Plus if you were dirty there is a fine pool in the Library."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe immediately stops at Excalibur's suggestion, and walks back to the group. "Okay..so. Since Delman was nice enough to set us proper on our journey to gestalt, I can redo my wish, since I'm a member of the familia, thus I can ditch his cursed armband. Hmm. I'll think of a new wish then."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She perks up visibly after hearing this from Frank. She thinks about for a bit and asks Jellena, "How should I word getting an item that helps me the best... as a bard."

She then takes Jellena's words and practice them a few times before holding the stone, "I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress' name, I wish to gain charisma and have my cloak become the most useful item I could use as a bard up to the limit of this spell."

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She pulls out several books and quickly cross references a few things before suggesting, "I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress' name, I wish to gain blank and have my cloak become the most useful item I could use as a bard up to the limit of this spell."

"Yes Joe. We could pool our wishes together and max out an ability with an inherent bonus for one character at a time. Using my two, your two, and one more we could give someone a +5 on one ability score."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe thinks for several moments, working out the right words. The paladin then concentrates on the words he speaks. "I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress's name, I wish to gain Charisma and to add more primordial vigor mixture of gestalt for myself and my fellow Night Hawks that we may all partake at the same time and gain gestalt. May it join the mixture already placed in the Hall of Time, in the Green Experimental Room's cauldron."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"Well it seems we will be able to Gestalt and as we have knowledge on how to change our race and to do so seems to be an issue of money I think I will go ahead and wish to change my race as I'm not sure what else to ask for right now." He grasp the orb and concentrates.

""I wish that I may only gain the benefits and not any negative ramifications in the Mistress's name, I wish to gain Strength and have the Half Blue Dragoon Template but keep my current morality and alignment."

Frank's New look as the Blue Dragon God of Thunder


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis hums a little, looking at the gatling gun, sighing a little bit, "I.. I need to word my wishes better..." Humming a little, Artemis would turn towards Jellena asking her, "Because I wanted an upgrade to my weapon, but... I didn't want that..." Artemis says, gesturing towards the gatling gun, "Should I quantify how much I want the gun upgraded by or what do you suggest?"

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Nice Frank, make sure to add the picture to the top of your crunch.

She sighs as well and thinks on it a bit before suggesting, "Well I do like your thinking but when you go for something sooo powerful glitches like that happen all the time. It was a good wish just it had adverse ramifications. First I think we need to do a little research into what weapon you want. Soon we will be back to the library. Though if you want to quickly use your wish we could look in the player's hand... no I dont think they have any legendary weapons in there that are 'guns'. You could look it up online, do you have a phone or laptop? If you like your weapon and just want it enhanced you could ask for up to 32,000 gp worth of enhancements without any problems. Or more with curses in the amount you go over. This wish is similar to the one we got when we got here just not as powerful. Also we have a bit more leeway considering our Mistress is granting it. You could add, 'grant me a quest to pay the extra power over the wish.'"

1-5 no, 6-10 ehhh, 11-14 okay, 15-20 oh YES!, Will she like the change: 1d20 ⇒ 11

She walks up to the new Frank and traces his new edges with her fingers, smiling at the change.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe slowly walks over to the newly-transformed warlord. "Wow! You really did it!" The paladin said, in awe. "I prefer bronze dragons myself, but if you're happy, I'm happy! Now it's only a three-way race between me, Delman, and Kestrel for Most Handsome Night Hawk", Joe jokes, giving the half-dragon a playful punch in the shoulder, and immediately regretting it, hurting his knuckles. "Ouch."


The celestial-in-crow's-clothing pecks the paladin's scalp hard for a second time.
"Ouch! THEY KNOW I WAS KIDDING, BRANDON!!"..Jeez! Joe moans as he holds his tender head.
"So, guys? Did you see The Mistress in the Demon Gate? She disappeared where the gate faded away. What happened to you guys over there?"


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would look and nod a bit at Jellena, "I do have my phone on me... one second..." Artemis says, humming a little as he checks it, "Yeah... lets check the library, maybe it will give me some ideas on what to do per see..."

Turning towards Joe, Artemis would give a feigned look of anger before lightening up and giving a smirk at him, seeing Joe get pecked by the 'crow', "Well, I entered, walked on some broken glass, repaired a broken mirror and then I began to contemplate a potential deal before the Mistress came in and led the both of us back here..."

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"I have always preferred bronze dragons too, Joe. Though I like this new form of Frank's. Broken glass, broken mirror, hmmm I wonder who that is connected to." she says in response to the conversations.

K planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

After thinking on it and focusing on her ring to reestablish the connection she points out, "Demons, demons in disguise, shape changers, problems. What exactly did you do Artemis, I sense you have lost some hit points, you are diseased with demon filth, and have a slight demonic taint. Frank I dont sense any changes."

Meanwhile she is leading the group through the streets of the town. Eventually out of the town and to the waypoint. Looking at the others she points out, "I will activate it and follow once the rest of you have entered."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe asks for help carrying the loot from the destruction of the demon lord, and Brandon to confirm Artemis has no evil taint.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She offers to help but can only help so much carrying the bag of loot. It is about 4 leather bags of coin and broken materials.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

The paladin still offers his shoulder to the elven bard, despite him being overloaded with 4 heavy bags of coin and other loot.


M Human Shogun samurai lvl 3

I can help carry some holds out arms to take some loots


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Thanks, Kestrel", grunts Joe, as he slips two leather bags onto the warrior's shoulder.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She smiles at Joe, "You got it!"

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

A bit sheepishly he responds, "I would probably be more in the way than help. You know going back to that pool in the South sounds like a pretty good idea."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

The paladin nods in agreement with Delman. "For sure".
"I know it's only going to be a short trip", Joe responded, "but it will be nice to eat something other than rations, maybe a nicer bed, and maybe go find that Temple of Cayden Cailean, you know, for inter-religious solidarity."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

"I can agree with the first two for sure but why are you going to the temple of Cayden Cailean?" he asks simply.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Well, Delman. Cayden Cailean is the drunk god of adventurers and luck. His temples are often alehalls, and it might be the best place to try such fantasy alcohol staples like elven wine and dwarven ale, or just ordinary ales and brews", Joe explained. "I've been a fan of Cayden for a while now. Whenever I played a cleric in Pathfinder back home, I was often a caydenite. It's lucky the Mistress recruited me first, because if Cayden ever took paladins, I might not have been in this familia."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

"Ah, cool. So food, beer, beds, and women!" he says with enthusiasm and a wink.


M Human Shogun samurai lvl 3

would love to try some new foods. Wonder what interesting dishes they have maybe dragon steak... drools a bit at the thought of it


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe eyes lit up at the sound of 'dragon steak'. "Ooo! That does sound good!" Then the paladin looked at the hulking warlord and blanched. "Uh, maybe we should talk about such things around Frank, guys." If the half-dragon and the paladin's eyes met, Joe offers a quick, "Sorry, Frank."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Frank grabs and picks Jellena up giving her a twirl before placing her back down..

"I'm glad you like it. Blue has always been my favorite color. I won't let some jerk blue dragons take my color just because they want to be evil."

Frank laughs.

"I mean I guess I identify as dragon now right? I would think dragon would be similar to maybe snake, or alligator or a mix. I will just stick with cow myself. Now if we can get the gestalt stuff squared away and I can find a hammer or axe I will be like a blue version of Beta Ray Bill. Though he was a horse race of some kind. I always thought he looked a bit like a half dragon. Yes lets go get some food. I can carry whatever is needed. I am stronger than some giants now."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"Does anyone need armor? I have no need of mine any longer. It is Riveted Chain main but made from aluminum. It seems to act like mithril here as far as weight and dexterity are concerned."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"I might", Joe chimed up. "I was hoping to talk with some of the temple's armorers about possibly changing to a lighter armor to better take advantage of my new Dexterity."


It looks like the group is ready and leaves town. Following Jellena to the waypoint. Through it and to the temple of the Mistress. The room is dark with the only light provided by the waypoint itself. Leaving that room and going up stairs you are in the temple proper.

Returning to your room:
You find an invitation pinned to the door. It is a velvet covering, within the invitation itself is made out of a sturdy but thin dark wood and engraved with silver. Opening it up you find yourself cordially invited to the Adventurers Ball. Weapons are welcome but will be safeguarded. Armor more than light quality is discouraged.
This is a ball to meet and greet prospective employers and show off your skills. Free refreshments, date auctioning (half of proceeds go to the local orphanage, half to the disaster relief fund.), door prizes, tournaments, and a blind taste test of the new potioneer Alchemist Madam Fizzy.
Set for the next full moon, in 16 days.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"Before we go anywhere else, let's bring our loot to the guild house. We can have the halfling contact the patrons who wanted items meet us there. Once that is done and we split our gains, then we can separate as wanted and collect what we want. Meeting back at the temple at noon tomorrow?" She suggests.

Liberty's Edge

Upon reaching the Lightning Wolves Guildhall he is over joyed in seeing your return. At the mention of getting the patrons he nods and sets out to send notes to them.

You have an hour before the first patron arrives and they trickle in slowly giving you plenty of time to haggle before the next arrives. If not Gregarious entertains them at the bar, letting you use the parlor as your meeting place.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
"Before we go anywhere else, let's bring our loot to the guild house. We can have the halfling contact the patrons who wanted items meet us there. Once that is done and we split our gains, then we can separate as wanted and collect what we want. Meeting back at the temple at noon tomorrow?" She suggests.

"Sounds good, Jellena." Joe agrees, but then stops the oracle before the rest leave the temple grounds, pulling her off to the side. "Jellena, real quick. Have you been in contact with the temple at all since we've been gone? If not, I wish to come back with you and make that report."

Back at the Lightning Wolves Guildhall, the paladin cordially greets the guildmaster, and thanks him for his help in contacting the various patrons.
Wolf, what time of day is it when we make our way to the guildhall?

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Frank takes off the chainmail and then the gambesson and tosses it to Joe.

"It's yours. I would wash the gambesson though." He smiles. at the paladin.

"A ball huh? Show ourselves off. All sounds good. Yes Jellena we should offload everything."

Frank greets the halfling with Joe.

"Hello again guildmaster. Thank you for arranging everything."

Liberty's Edge

It was late afternoon or early evening as the group entered the guild house.

"Its what I do for our guild members. Your welcome." The halfling states to Frank.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"Not at all, I would be happy for someone else to be there with me." She happily states to Joe.


M Human Shogun samurai lvl 3

so is ther some sort of guild book I got to sign or something to join? Kestrel asks the guild master


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Excellent", Joe concurred with Jellena, then dropped his voice. "So after these patrons leave, we'll divide the loot, away from prying eyes and ears?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/31_ AC: 25 _ T: 17 _FF: 21_ Perception +2_Sense Motive +6 _ Init: +5_Fort: +12_Ref: +12_Will: +11_CMB: +3_CMD: 18_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +11 _ Climb +1 _ Dip +11 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +11 _ Heal +6 _ Intim +11 _ K (Arc, rel) +5 _ Ride +5_ Spell +5 _ Stealth +5 _ Survival +2 _ UMD +12 _ Swim +1

He walks up with Kestrel to address the guild master. Putting his arm up on his shoulder from the side. He asks with assurance, "Gregarious, this here is Kestrel, we collected him along the way as we did the quest. He has joined our troupe, like he asked what do we need to do to get him apart of the guild as well?"

Liberty's Edge

Well...

Once that is done he lets you also know:
"If you want a harder quest then you will need to go to the adventurers guild. Tell them you are apart of the Tempest Wolves, show them the patch, and get ready for an induction ceremony." He hands out black metal patches made of the same design of the flag infront of the guild house, a relief of a wolf's head. "The ceremony reads your abilities and they provide a magical card with all your stats on it. Your rank, age, signifiers, and such. You should be porcelain. I am silver ranked. Here is the run down of ranks:" He shows you a card with the following information on it:
porcelain= 1st level
silver= 3rd level
gold = 5th level
platinum = 7th level
mithril = 10th level
adamantine = 15th level


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"So unless we partake in the ceremony, we will only be offered porcelain-stage quests from here on out?" Joe questions the halfling guild leader.

Liberty's Edge

"For Krestel to join our guild will be the nominal 50 gold pieces and we will be taking 20% of your rewards as we agreed upon. If he can't pay it then he can owe it. Well technically you can't accept any quests until you do the ceremony. It is free and just helps them gauge what quests you should be taking. You can always ask for a higher quest but most dont come back from such quests. Right now I am your proxy to accept quests." He says casually.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"With our new abilities we can handle silver with ease. Gold would not even be too difficult, but we would need to start worrying about spells like Fireball and such. Flight will come into play as well but I have wings now so not too worried about that. Joe we should let Jellena do the talking. She seems to be the most diplomatic. We can both provide support."

Joe and I can auto aid Jellena's diplomacy giving a +4


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe crosses his arms in thought. "Hard to argue that logic, Dragon Man. Yeah. Jellena will talk for the group, we assist."
Frank, you need to find a new profile pic to match your new form.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Updated pic :)

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She nods and gives them a big grin, "I am glad you have faith in me."

She takes the lead and accepts help from anyone who helps, talking with the merchants and making them at ease before working out a better deal for the group. She even leads the men on using hints of her body and suggestive word use to sweeten the deals.

diplomacy with help and guidance: 1d20 + 14 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 4 + 1 = 32


Her smoozing is very effective, making sure that all the merchants have their attitudes changed from indifferent to at least friendly if not helpful. Next she gets down to business making the rewards better, wit her side suggestive promises seem to open their coin bags that much more. The group will get twice the reward for most and three times as much for any rewards in silver. She has plied her trade as a courtesan and will be busy for the next week with those with deep pockets. Jellena do individual courtesan checks for each merchant.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe's eyes go wide at Jellena's aptitude for making deals, both business and discreet. The paladin thanks all the merchants personally as they leave, asking a few of them on their opinions about the best place to purchase furniture in New Faces.
Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Courting...:

profession courtesan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27 m 1-5 or f 6: 1d6 ⇒ 1 40 gp
profession courtesan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26 m 1-5 or f 6: 1d6 ⇒ 2 40 gp
profession courtesan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25 m 1-5 or f 6: 1d6 ⇒ 2 40 gp
profession courtesan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13 m 1-5 or f 6: 1d6 ⇒ 2 nope
profession courtesan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25 m 1-5 or f 6: 1d6 ⇒ 3 40 gp

As the settlement of New Faces likely has a population of 5,001–10,000, it is likely a small city. Thus it has a base value of 4,000 gp. An average wench or whore might service a patron for 5 gp. A courtesan would be at least double that of 10 gp. Doubling it again for every +5 over the DC 15.

Soon enough all the merchants are on their way. Many with a note from Jellena. Bringing the bags of coins back from the closet and putting them on the table she begins to count and separate. Hopefully the others will help. Soon enough the coins are separated and put into individual bags, 74 silver and 155 gold each bag.

As she is counting she asks the group, "What is the plan? Joe wants to make the report with me to the church. We all want a good night. Anyone hear of a good tavern to investigate? I don't have any appointments tonight but I do need to be back tomorrow night."

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,167 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.