Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,174 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"Woah Joe hold up a second. This is like touching the wrong status again. You don't want to be cursed. Jellena can you discern anything? At least detect magic see if any are different first."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

At the half-dragon' insistence, Joe retracts his outstretched hand from the nest. The paladin breathes, "Whew! Thanks Frank."

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She nods, "Yes, let's use all of our abilities to discern which are more likely to have or to be the golden egg." Using detect magic she then gasps, "of the 12 eggs only 3 are magical. Now let me pray asking which will be the most properous." Pulling out her obsidian bowl and the lots, she then prays with one hand over the first one. They all come up with x's. "Yup, that one is bad. Not the one Joe would have picked but the one next to it. Let me check the others." The next one comes up half x's and half strange symbols. Then she checks the last one where five of the six lots turn up with coins stacked on them. She grabs that egg.

The shell begins to melt, leaving behind a shiny cut ruby about half the size of her hand. The other eggs are easily sold for 4 gp each. As the magic in the others vanish.


You might want to appraise the gem and eggs. Then use Diplomacy to get a better deal on the items. Other suggestions are welcome too.

Going to a gem store and selling off the eggs right now will net you, 1,044 gold pieces.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
The shell begins to melt, leaving behind a shiny cut ruby about half the size of her hand. The other eggs are easily sold for 4 gp each. As the magic in the others vanish.

"Whoa!" The paladin stands amazed. "Great job!" I vote we let Jellena use her 'feminine wilds' (Diplomacy) to get the best price for the gem.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Well looking at the ruby I would say it is about 1,200 gp. Wow, its nice when the system kicks in. I probably would have never known that or how much it really is worth. It might be worth more if we can find the right buyer, well I can do that. Who else has a gem and 100 go? We might as well get all of the eggs before selling them. Do we need to look for a gem vendor first?" She takes the other eggs one by one into her cloak and they vanish into a black space.

You mean wiles, right Joe, my feminine wiles. Plus with my racial bonuses now in place my diplomacy now starts at 17.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

"I left my money at the guild bank and no gems." she simply states as she double checks going through her pack.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"I've got.." Joe starts, as he rummages through his pants, pulling out several coins, "..47 gold on me."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"I have just over 270gp So yes we need to hit up the gem vendor if we want to make some more gold. I can auto aid your diplomacy as well so I will go help you haggle. So yes lets go grab a couple 25gp gems and get 2 more geese."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis nods, "Well, I also have some spare cash on me that I can offer to make sure the burden of buying the geese don't fall entirely on both of your shoulders."

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Happily she directs the group, "well then let's find a vendor. Hmmm, I wonder how much my other gem was, let's see if I can remember. Oh yes it was 100 gold. So if we use a gem at a quarter of the price the gem procured will be priced at about 300 gold. Let's see if we can get two gems priced at 100 gold."

int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Upon finding the vendor, doubling the DC to half the time, 1d4 ⇒ 2, 1 hour later, she takes a ten to smooze the vendor. With the purchase of two gems at 100 gp each, he offers 3d4 - 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) - 2 = 4 four more for a night with her. She counters with six and they agree on five.

Blowing him a kiss with the seven gems in one hand and three more in the other.

sleight of hand: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18
perception of vendor: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19

With realization in his eyes she quickly goes back to him, giving him a kiss depositing the three back in his hand. Her whispered words in his ear deflating his anger, "Just a bit of foreplay, the thief needing to be punished by the strong merchant Vilaber."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 2 = 22
bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21
sense motive: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6
Yes you can all roll opposing checks against me too.

------

With the seven gems in hand she asks, "Shall we go back to the guild house pull money to make money?"


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe just shakes his head. THIS is my 'spiritual guide'?! "Sure, let's go back."
Any word on Kestrel?

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"On second thought, since we are pooling our resources together, let's go sell this beauty... back to Vilaber, or think about the reward we would get if we used it to find another glorious goose egg? What do you think? Am I being greedy? Hmmm perhaps I should consult our goddess." With that she stops moves off to an alley way or at least out of the way sits down, pulls out her bowl and tokens. Praying to the Mistress she asks, "Should we use the 1,200 worth gem in the quest to get a more expensive gem, if we are successful?" Looking at the tokens she shakes her head, 'no'. Again she prays thanking the Mistress for her insight, knowledge, and wisdom.

With that she gets up, putting the items away, and walks back to Vilaber. She greets him with a sweet smile and plys her charms, letting Joe engage with him as well to assist in her dealings, bringing her total to 29 diplomacy. Vilaber accepts to take the ruby for 1500 gold. He gives her a crystal which can be used at any shop or vendor in New Faces, which has that amount of money upon it, a cash card basically for us Earthlings.

With the crystal the group returns to the gem goose vendor. Wash rinse and repeat until something goes wrong. She uses the seven gems worth 100 gold each and pays the 700 gold to the vendor who is out of geese after that. Talking with each of them and blessing them with light, she sends them off with a protector each. She hands Joe back his ring and says, I will find each of you, follow your goose. She takes the last three with her following the first one, and telling the others she may not be able to communicate with them but she will go with each of them to their nests.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis hums, "I say use the ruby to get more chances at another goose eggs. Seems like a worthwhile investment."


A half hour passes, using the tools she has, Jellena collects each of you one at a time showing the fruit of their labor. 7 glittering gems each worth about 1,200 gp.

Going back to Vilaber, he can buy two more of the gems for 1,500 but can only pay the group in lesser gems for two more. Giving the group 30 gems worth 100 gold each. Three more still worth 1,200 that he does not have to pay or trade for. He suggests going to the bank.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

Jellena thanks Vilaber for his help and she will be back later in a few days to give him his reward. Taking his advice she would take the group to the bank setting up an account with all of their names on it including Delmans.

The account would then have 800+3,000=3,800+3,600=7,400+440=8,840.
She also has 30 gems worth 100 gp each.
Then she has 88 goose eggs, hyping them up to 5 gp each adding: 5x88 = 440 gp.

A bit tired she relays, "well that was a bit tedious but sure worth it. And the goose vendor replenishes his stock weekly. We can also find the other goose vendors!" She says the last sentence with much more excitement. Then she adds, "are you ready to find the hidden garden? There you get to pick one food each once a month. The trick is to find it, next month its entrance will move. At least we know where this months is located." She encourages Ryada to take the lead again.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

About another half hour passes and the group finds a small wooden door hidden well behind two large bushes. She goes first opening the door and once standing again walking among what seems to be a celestial garden with all sorts of food growing everywhere. She points out the importance again, "Only take one kind of food each. We know that the pomegranate gives intelligence, the weed gives good vibes, the apples are delicious, watermelon gives hit points, the ambrosia gives divinity, and the pear gives damage resistance."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

The paladin thinks. "Hmm. They all sound good, but being a divine class, I think try the ambrosia; and see what lies in store for Divinity."

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She smiles at the glory of this garden, praying under her breath she walks and eventually points out, "I am going to take a pear! We could probably fight off whatever comes but what if it all shrivels from our disrespect of the rules?" She takes a big bite letting the juices flow over her fingers, lips, and down her chin. She plays with it and makes sure Frank has a full view of it all.


Joe finds the strange red purple colored fruit upon the highest tree. It seems you might need some help getting it down or you begin climbing.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

"Brandon, would you be so kind as to bring that fruit", Joe points the ambrosia out to the celestial, "down from the tree for me?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"Great work on getting gold for us Jellena. A few weeks and we can have a nice nest egg ourselves."

=================================================================

At the garden Frank looks around and listens to Ryada.

"Well I'm looking for more strength. I'm guessing that is the apples? Can't be the new god of strength and thunder if I don't get really strong."

He smiles as he flies over to an apple tree. He takes his time looking for and smelling in search of the biggest, ripest, most delicious looking apple before picking it and eating it.

Taking 20 examining the tree looking for the best of the fruit. Perception 27 aided with the scent ability from changing stances.


Brandon easily flies up and brings it down for Joe.

Frank you find a really big red and green one, though hidden among the apples you see a golden apple.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"What are you talking about Frank, with that half dragon template you are super strong. Though I see what you are saying. Thinking about Thor and the Marvel movies, I would say you are already stronger than him, by mere estimation." she talks with happiness and mirth, letting all her walls fall down and enjoy the time with her friends in the glorious garden filled with light. She even hums lightly to herself. Not knowing it she could enthrall each of you with the humming. Will DC 16 to resist. +2 on the save if you are feyblooded.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe smiles wide, petting the angelic crow. "Thank you very much, Brandon." The cassissian angel flaps his wings proudly.
Will save DC 16: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
The paladin takes a good look around the unique fruit and finds where he will begin to eat. Joe raises the fruit to every one with a toast. "Well, to your health", then to the sky, "To the Mistress." The holy warrior begins to eat the ambrosia.
Will save DC 16 (Brandon): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
As Joe eats his fruit, Brandon sits on the paladin's shoulder and stares happily at the oracle.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gestalt Gun Chemist-Gunslinger/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Will Save DC 16: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Artemis would hum, looking around the garden, taking his time just like Frank as he looks around, not sure what else to get as he just plucks the largest pomegranate he can find, carrying it along with him, "So Joe, how is the ambrosia?"


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

After his first bite into the ambrosia, Joe comes up with a face covered in fruit juices. "Whoa." The paladin takes a moment to collect his thoughts. "Weird. It's tastes like every fruit I like." Joe goes in for another bite. "Strong taste of pineapple..and mandarin oranges.." Another bite. "Kiwis..black cherries..and concord grapes.." Another bite. "With a..I don't know..a 'sparkling' aftertaste, I don't know how else to describe it." Another bite. "Strawberries, too." Another bite. "I feel..amazing good and out of sorts at once." Another bite. "Like the buzz of alcohol, but not the taste." The ambrosia is nearly gone at this stage, Joe stops momentarily. "Wasn't ambrosia suppose to be the 'food of the gods' in Greek Mythology?" Joe finishes the last of the fruit, nimbling the last of the fruit near the stem. The holy warrior began smacking his chops, wishing he had some more.


There is more ambrosia in the tree.

Joe:
You feel unstoppable, like you could accomplish anything. [Ooc]The mechanics of ambrosia is unique to each who eat them, it all depends on how you try to use it. Think of it as a free trial of being a god.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Seeing what the others have chosen she pulls a leafy stem from the ground revealing a row of shelled peanuts. Breaking one open she puts the tasty seeds in her mouth and chew. She realizes that she can hear much better.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

"Okay, I have an appointment to keep tonight, what are the rest of your plans? she asks civially.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"When one walks the path of a mighty godling Jellena strength is everything."

Frank was distracted for a moment by Jellen's humming fortunately he had spent lots of time with her and was used to it. He ponder a moment and thinks with the golden apple being as hidden as it was it must me unique. So he grabs it and devours it.

"No plans. Will probably go drink and hang with the locals. That merchant seemed harmless enough I don't think you need me to look out for you tonight. Besides we have the rings and with my flight speed I could be to you in a few moments anywhere in town. You go have fun hot stuff."

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She blows Frank a kiss and then saunters out of the garden.

The night activities:
She goes and entertains two of the merchants. Speaking, drinking, and entertaining them with her silver tongue. Truly showing off her courtesan skills without using her body. She had already been paid and was giving services. She did not find them appealing so she left each of them to their own devices.

She did make her way back to the temple to pray, then she realized that Delman was far away.
profession: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

At the end of most of your activities, easily before midnight, likely about 11, you all hear the same urgent message from Jellena, "I dont know when, but Delman is not on our plane. We should all assemble in the temple waypoint. I will quickly check if he is there, no Frank and Artemis now have the speed I need. I will wait for one of them."


Once all assembled, through the waypoint, and to the Library's front door you find an interesting sight. Midnight the huge blue black tiger stands protectively over the servants of the Mistress and Castria.


"Oh it is good that you are here! Delman. We dont know. He is in trouble, he said he released something. A snake woman. He said it was his... his duty... to hunt it down... we tried to convince him to come with us. But he wanted us safe. It was his duty..." she says with a sorrowful heart.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

What did the golden apple do for me?

Frank is quick to excuse himself from whatever he is doing at the time. Most likely drinking and playing games of chance. He takes his stance to enhance his speed and makes his way to Jellena as fast as he can. Upon arrival he goes and pats and pets Midnight around the ear and neck.

"So he released a snake woman huh. Like a gorgon? Like Medusa? Did it have snakes for hair? Where was he last? I can probably track him if that is what we decide we are doing. What do the rest of you think?"


The golden apple give you a +2 to strength!

Midnight welcomes the pats and asks, "How are you doing on that battle saddle, dragon man?"


"We didn't see her. Just the vague description Delman gave us. He is still in the Library. " She responds to Frank trying to keep calm.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She went with Joe to walk the town, a nice dinner, and a few drinks. They had enjoyed their alone time holding hands and slipping into secluded spots for a kiss or two.

Then the message was sent and she frowned at Joe, "Off we go then. We wouldn't want to lose your charge." She lets him take the lead and follows right behind him to the temple of Death.


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

GM Wolf - Ambrosia:
Joe took the top 3 options for a week. These changes have been temporarily adjusted on Joe's profile.

Evening Plans:
Jellena Darkling wrote:
"Okay, I have an appointment to keep tonight, what are the rest of your plans? she asks civilally.

The paladin looks to the other Night Hawks and then to just to the elven bard.

"Well, truth be told, Ryada was going to show me some of New Face's dining experiences, but..", Joe looks to Ryada, "..we're both still pink from the pools. Do you still want to go, or shall we have a quiet night in?"

Danger for Delman:
Eyes wide with concern, Joe quickly gears himself for a rescue, and runs to the temple waypoint. The paladin notices despite his concern for the warlock and running in a almost panic, he still feels the amazing effects of the ambrosia. Good. The holy warrior thinks. My mind and body are both working at peak efficiency to find Delman. Thank you, Mistress!!
GM Wolf wrote:
Once all assembled, through the waypoint, and to the Library's front door you find an interesting sight. Midnight the huge blue black tiger stands protectively over the servants of the Mistress and Castria.

"Midnight! Castria! What happened?!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"We got some gold just today. I can now have a craftsman start working on it, but we had to come see what was going on here. I hadn't forgot my friend. Let's go see to our friend and this snake woman business."


He asks, "Shall I enter with you or continue to protect?"

If asked to come in the library:
In a cloud of smoke the huge tiger is replaced by a small kitten, happily growling and making yipping noises.

Shadow Lodge

Stats:
HP: 23/23_ AC: 30_ T: 26 _FF: 23_ Perception +9, Sense Motive +9_Init: +7_Fort: +8_Ref: +16_Will: +13_CMB: +2_CMD: 19_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +13_Bluff +10_Climb +4_Diplomacy +17_DD +13 _ Escape Artist +11 _Heal +10_ Intimidate +9 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ _ SoH +11 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +13 _Survival +4 _ Swim +4 _ UMD +10

She leaves that decision to Frank, knowing her group she extends her hand indicating the door waiting for Frank and Joe to go first. As she does she thinks out loud, "We haven't seen Kestrel most of the day either, he must have slipped off too."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

"Protect buddy. We wouldn't want anything to happen to these people."

Frank strides forward drawing his sword.

"I can't wait to get my hammer. Your right Jellena I don't think I've seen Kestrel in a couple days."

Frank takes the lead going in.


Waiting for the Night Hawks is a bloddy mess, Kestrel. He is hung by his own entrails. As the group comes through the door he says, "So sorry friends, I was summoned by Delman and didn't know the threat. *cough, sputter*. I should have waited and brought you too. *cough*. Come cut me down so I can help."

Perception DC 20:
He is awfully still for being in so much pain, his coughs dont even move his body.

Perception DC 25:
In his mouth there are extra sharp teeth that make his talking a bit garbled.

heal DC 20:
He has to already be dead, there is no way someone could survive that!

heal DC 25:
You are certain he is dead.

k religion DC 17:
You think he has been animated somehow. Animated as in undead.

k religion DC 22:
You know he is undead, a morgh to be exact. The intestines are likely to be his large dangerous tongue.

sense motive DC 16:
Something seems a bit off about him, then again he is hung up by his own entrails.

sense motive DC 21:
He seems far more devoid of life.

DM notes:
MohrgCR 8

XP 4,800
CE Medium undead
Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +23

DEFENSE

AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 18 (+4 Dex, +1 dodge, +8 natural)
hp 91 (14d8+28)
Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +9
Immune undead traits

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 slams +15 (2d8+5 plus grab), tongue +10 melee touch (paralysis)
Special Attacks create spawn, paralysis (1d4 minutes, DC 21)

STATISTICS

Str 21, Dex 19, Con —, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +10; CMB +15 (+19 grapple); CMD 30
Feats Ability Focus (paralysis), Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Skill Focus (Perception), Spring Attack
Skills Climb +22, Perception +23, Stealth +21, Swim +19

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Create Spawn (Su)
Humanoid creatures killed by a mohrg rise immediately as fast zombies under the mohrg’s control. The sudden bloom of unlife when a mohrg’s victim dies and becomes a zombie causes a surge of negative energy to flow through the mohrg. Whenever a mohrg creates a zombie in this manner, it is healed 1d6 hit points per HD possessed by the slain creature and acts as if hasted for the round immediately following the spawn’s creation.

ECOLOGY

Environment any
Organization solitary, gang (2–4), or mob (2–4 plus 4–12 zombies)
Treasure standard (see below)


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe looks on in horror at Kestrel's ruined state.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Heal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 "How the hell is he still alive?"
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Wow!
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
"There's no way he should be alive. Excalibur, please confirm!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
K.Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Kestrel old buddy. You don't look so good. I kind of think your dead. I mean that looks like it should hurt a lot and you seem to be talking fine. What happened to you?"

"Joe I think he's dead. How about detecting evil and asking your sword to detect for undead. I want to cut him down and he I trust his words but I'm not sure how he can talk you know while possibly being dead unless he is undead."


Male Human |HP: (46) 42/42 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +11, R: +11, W: 11| Init: +2 Gestalt Paladin-Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: Deafened.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +11, Heal + 12

Joe casts detect evil at Frank's behest.


Joe casts detect evil the same time as Brandon. No one ran forward so its readied action does not activate. We go into Round 1. If you get the perception DC 20 you may act in surprise round too.

init:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Joe
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Frank
1d20 ⇒ 3 Artemis
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Jellena
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Ryada
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Kestrel

22 Frank
17 Jellena
14 Kestrel
10 Joe

1d20 ⇒ 3 Artemis
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Ryada

Silver Crusade

Male HP 63(67)/63 | AC: 29(33) /T: 23 /FF: 16(20) | Perc. +7 | F: +16 / R: +16 /W: +18 | CMB +16 | CMD 39 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +9|

So I'm assuming it turned aggressive when Joe began to detect evil.

"Oh s*!* Joe you done pissed it off. I don't believe Kestrel is still here."

Frank lets out a roar inspiring his allies. He then charges forward to engage the creature.

Swift: Encouraging Roar +2morale to att/dmg for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 rounds.
Full: Panthera on the Hunt: avoid AoO's and +2 to att/dmg on the charge

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 35
Damage: 1d6 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 2 + (2) = 21

If it attacks Frank:
Calm The Storm: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 2 = 30 opposed attack roll. If Franks is higher attack misses and creature makes a DC 16 Reflex save to continue its attacks at Frank for the round.


No not yet technically but since all your actions in the round are suppose to happen basically at the same time. So let me tell you what you see.

Round 1
Kestrel stops talking, especially since a sharp pointed tongue shoots out of his mouth. It splits into two tongues as it comes forward. His body drops to the floor and he sprints forward once on his legs again. He charges Joe. After plunging the tongue into Joe's flesh it backs up five feet, then the zombies fill the gap.

tongue, touch: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 Fort DC 21 or paralysis for 1d4 ⇒ 4 minutes.

As Kestrel drops, the zombies raise from the water. They follow their creator charging forward with amazing quickness as they are zombies.

Each of the zombies charge forward except for the one behind Kestrel. The other three each get in two slams... only one gets a good hit on Joe, smashing the side of his head.

attacks:

Vs. Joe
charging slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
charging slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Vs. Frank
charging slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

DM notes:

71/91

MohrgCR 8

XP 4,800
CE Medium undead
Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +23

DEFENSE

AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 18 (+4 Dex, +1 dodge, +8 natural)
hp 91 (14d8+28)
Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +9
Immune undead traits

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 slams +15 (2d8+5 plus grab), tongue +10 melee touch (paralysis)
Special Attacks create spawn, paralysis (1d4 minutes, DC 21)

STATISTICS

Str 21, Dex 19, Con —, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +10; CMB +15 (+19 grapple); CMD 30
Feats Ability Focus (paralysis), Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Skill Focus (Perception), Spring Attack
Skills Climb +22, Perception +23, Stealth +21, Swim +19

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Create Spawn (Su)
Humanoid creatures killed by a mohrg rise immediately as fast zombies under the mohrg’s control. The sudden bloom of unlife when a mohrg’s victim dies and becomes a zombie causes a surge of negative energy to flow through the mohrg. Whenever a mohrg creates a zombie in this manner, it is healed 1d6 hit points per HD possessed by the slain creature and acts as if hasted for the round immediately following the spawn’s creation.

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,174 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.