An Ancient Evil

Game Master Celestial Healer

The kingdom of Leyland is in the midst of change. New technology and new social structures are taking the place of the old ways. In the midst of this, an ancient evil is awakening and threatening this prosperous nation. It falls upon a band of heroes to face this menace.


51 to 100 of 1,430 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

46/46, AC 11

With just a trio of balls on the table, Jerry dabs at the balls. Tapping the object ball into the other two - scoring, then occasionally potting one - before it's replaced on the table, for Jerry to tap it into position again.

"Sounds like Mister Rhomaino is doing well, at least there's no more screams." Jerry adds between shots. "There was a fellow with a cast upon him, looks like the type of chap who'll fall on his feet." he makes merry conversation.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Yes, there's definitely a lion out in the pasture, though I cannot imagine why unless he's being unleashed upon the livestock. And if it's not yours, sir elf, nor yours, mister human, I still have to find the person responsible. My mule is halfway to the capital by now." She pauses to process the tall elf's statement. "Supreme... Shepard? What's that? I don't know much about elves, really, and they don't seem to care to know much about me. So we're even, karmically. And if you don't know boilers and engines, I'd be happy to show you. Or you!" She rounds on the human. "Hey, who are you anyway? Do you know why we're here? Are you Lord Wallingham? No, no... Wallingham doesn't own a lion, according to the butler. Therefore, you are not he. That means there are more guests here who I haven't met. Where are they? Do you know?"

It's hard to tell if she even breathes during her rapid-fire speeches.


Male Human Rogue 4 (HP 23)

"Slow down! I can't think with your rambling like that." Rhodes resorts to biting his finger nails, realizes what he's doing and immediately pulls his hand from his mouth. "I'm... uh, Mister Rhomaino."

He thinks for a moment again, then speaks, "Okay, so what'd you guys do to make Wallingham mad at you? You probably suckered him into funding somekind of animal sanctuary, didn't you?" He looks at the Caladre. He then looks at Sylvia, "I bet you accidently set him on fire. Well, look, I never did anything wrong by him! I won that game fair and square!" he protests.


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Trina looks up and back towards the way she'd come as garbled but notably raised voices echoed down the halls from the trophy room. Sounds like things are getting more excited back there... what is going on? She rises and makes her way back to the door, tail twitching back and forth beneath the hem of her skirt like a curious cat's.

"Perhaps not, it sounds like. Do you think we should investigate? Or at least look about for mister Longworth? I'm certain a scuffle is not what Lord Wallingham invited us for."


46/46, AC 11

Jeremiah brings up the stick behind his head, then nods; "A fine plan, after you milady." he points to the door letting the lady lead.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

At another mention of the mule, realization crosses Caladrel's face. He moves to where Sylvia and Rhomaino are standing. He addresses Sylvia again, "You are the one I saw struggling with the mule as I traveled here. Curious. Animals usually respond well to elves. Have you not been around elves much? If you are one of the forlorn, then we do share a common attribute, as I spent much of my younger years away from other elven clans."

Turning to the human, Caladrel makes a slight bow. "Mr Rhomaino, I apologize for not introducing myself when you entered. My name is Caladrel Inthesial. What brings you to this estate?"


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

She nods and proceeds down the halls, making her way back toward the source of the argument. The voices have quieted slightly since, though the lower murmur of conversation still gives her a direction to head.

Arriving back at the trophy room finds Rhomaino now in the company of two new faces, a tall elven man and an erratic-looking woman. Rhomaino looks upset, though having missed the context Trina has no idea why, though the argument she'd heard traces of was probably to blame. The elf on the other hand looks simply calm, as if he was one of those types that didn't get emotional easily. The woman looks energetic and incapable of standing still.

She pauses just outside the room, observing the scene and not wanting to interrupt the conversation, since it seems as if things might calm down, if only just a little. Granted, her appearance alone might do that, if she caught one of the participants off-guard, but that thought happened to have slipped her mind in her curiosity about the shouting match, as well as remembering to pull her hood back on after leaving the room.


46/46, AC 11

Not realising why Trina has slowed down, Jerry is not one for great subtlety. He walks straight into the trophy room holding the billiards cue as a staff.

The lean immaculately dressed man looks around, a hint of distaste showing at the mounted creatures, though the trio in there prove to be of more interest. 'Foolishness, but I suppose people need to learn from their mistakes.' he thinks wistfully.

"What ho, old bean. Mr Rhomaino, are you going to introduce me to your lovely companions?" he says robustly with a bow to the pair of elves.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}
Rhodes Rhomaino wrote:
He thinks for a moment again, then speaks, "Okay, so what'd you guys do to make Wallingham mad at you? ... I bet you accidently set him on fire."

"I did no such thing! And Wallingham Hall is still standing. Only a couple of rooms were gutted and there's no major structural damage. Surely a guy with a pile like this isn't going to quibble about a little repair bill. After all, it's for Science!"

Caladrel Inthesial wrote:
"You are the one I saw struggling with the mule as I traveled here. Curious. Animals usually respond well to elves. Have you not been around elves much? If you are one of the forlorn, then we do share a common attribute, as I spent much of my younger years away from other elven clans."

"I've spent all of my younger years away from elven clans, so I guess I'm one of the forlorn, but I don't feel very forlorn. I like humans just fine, though they do have aeee tendency to die quickly. Don't even get me started on hamsters. Sheesh. But I misspoke: my mule is fine and is pastured... somewhere..." Sylvia waves a hand in a vague direction, "... He's too stupid to be afraid of anything, or to know he's supposed to like me. Well, honestly, he likes me just fine, even after the, uh, 'accident'. But my pony was scared to death and ran off. Thirty gold for the pony, ten for the saddle... somebody needs to pay!"

Sylvia turns to face the newcomers at that, starting to speak but halting when she realizes the tall man seems to expect the human in the room to introduce them. She cranes her neck, trying to get a better view of the hooded figure standing just beyond the doorway, then ventures a wave, though she's apparently not supposed to speak.


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Trina returns the wave calmly, unsure if she's supposed to recognize the other woman or not, and gives a small smile. The friendliness of the gesture is likely marred by the fact that the waving hand, while gloved, distinctly has six fingers, thanks to the addition of a thumb on the outer side of the palm opposite from where the normal one is.


46/46, AC 11

With a bow to the trio; "Apologies, I am Jeremiah Roberts of the Winchester Roberts."

He steps further into the room, meeting the elven ladies eyes followed by an appreciative glance at Sylvia's dress and the nice way it frames her curves, as is polite before resuming eye contact - with his warm blue eyes. "A mule, Miss? A good animal." he looks to the tattooed elf for confirmation.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Hello, Jeremiah. I'm Syliva. I have a mule and had a pony. Is that lion outside yours? He spooked my pony, who hightailed it for town. You owe me either the pony or the cost of the beast and saddle, mister!" Sylvia glares at the newcomer while simultaneously trying to get a better look at the hooded figure.

Six fingers? Excellent, a colleague! I wonder what mutagens she uses. It will be good to talk shop again! Sylvia enthuses internally. Her excitement translates to a nervous fiddling with the straps of her belt pouch, which she was unwilling to eschew, even in a dress.


46/46, AC 11

He lets out an exasperated sigh; "Oh Luce!"

Shaking his head lightly; "She isn't mine, for how can you own a friend? Though she is my responsibility, for we have travelled long across the lands." his words are light, but with a weight of conviction.

"We'll track down your pony, and bring her back to you. I promise I'll recompense you." he adds sincerely. "What's her name?"


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"What, the pony's name? I have no idea. I think they told me when I bought it." Sylvia shrugs in absentminded apathy.


46/46, AC 11

"So what does the youngster look like? I suppose a constitutional before supper should invigorate the appetite." he says smoothly.

"If anyone wishes to join me?" he offers. "Have a good look around the estate."


Male Human Rogue 4 (HP 23)

"Ugh." Rhodes looks up at Jeremiah, "Do you have to announce that before we eat?"


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"What does the... the pony? ... look like? Um, four legs, tail, head, saddle, bridle. Last I saw, it was running down the hill back towards town. I got an excellent view of the tail." Sylvia looks the tall nobleman up and down. "Or simply buy me out and, if you find it, you've got yourself a pony. Fine beast. Sturdy. Obedient. Um... hairy."


46/46, AC 11

"What do you mean Mister Rhomaino? A nice stroll around the estate will be informative or do you prefer a nice game?" the Noble wonders.

He smiles at Sylvia's naive description; "Oh you must be from the city. Male, female, grey or chestnut? What colour the fettles and fetlocks?" he gives a little shrug; "I would not want to deprive a lady of her mount."


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

"I think he misunderstood the term," Trina offers softly, though well enough to be heard in the room. She bows her head toward Rhomaino. "He just means a walk around the manor grounds, some fresh air and a stretch, not ... ah ... whatever you thought he meant." She edges forward and to the side, stepping into the room and out of the shadow of the doorframe, both clearing the way for anyone intending to pass through and losing the last obstruction between her and the three people she had not been introduced to. A soft swishing sound accompanies her as her tail continues its curious twitching motion while she observes the interactions between Sylvia and Jeremiah.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

Caladrel moves to meet the two newcomers. He addresses the two at the same time. "My name is Caladrel Inthesial." Turning first to Jeremiah, Caladrel says, "Jeremiah, your respect for the tiger is refreshing and a walk outside is an excellent suggestion. I find these accommodations a little unsettling."

He then turns to the last person to enter the room. "What is your name, madame? Would you care to join us?"


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

She turns to the elf and bows her head, speaking with a slight hesitance at the sudden attention. "Alastríona Eichmann, sir. Or Trina if you prefer. And yes, I would, if you like."


46/46, AC 11

"Sir Caladrel, it's a reminder of folly and I suppose educational for the future generations." he shrugs slightly looking at the walls and the stuffed creatures.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Folly? How else are you supposed to study animals up-close? After all, they won't hold still in the wild," Sylvia observes, "And I've had enough of the great outdoors after three days in the saddle. If you walk to the village, that pony is brown, mostly. It had some white, on its nose and like it had waded in white paint or something. There's nothing valuable on it, though. All my luggage was on my mule, who is too stupid to run off." Sylvia pauses a moment, then remembers the thing called 'manners'.

"Thanks for looking if you go to the village, Mister Wincheser Roberts. Trina? That's a pretty name. It's nice to meet you. We'll have to put our heads together later, about formulae and mutagens and all. It'll be good to talk shop again. Mister Rhomaino, Mister Caladrel - it's nice to meet you two as well. I wish I knew why we were called here, though. Did you all receive the same invitation? Do you know what it's about?" The elf's green eyes dance from face to face as if looking for clues.

trivia:

Sylvia's attitude to wildlife is essentially the same as John J. Audobon's, who shot many, many birds in order to get the details required for his gorgeous paintings. If he shot his first in the head, he'd have to shoot the next in the body so he had a complete head to work from, and so forth. Messy, messy.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 4

A dwarf clad in soot-stained workman's leathers emerges from a carriage that pulled in at Wallingham estate. The driver and the horses all give the dwarf a derisive look before departing.

Seeing the impatient butler at the door, Krosh hustles over and presents his invitation. "Terribly sorry, my good man. I had a spot of bother at the shop that I needed to take care of, but I saved some time by leaving straightaway from there." He offers a polite smile.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

"Approached properly, animals will remain very still to allow study. I have spent the past 70 years or so, doing just that." retorts Caladrel. As far as an invitation, I have none. Lord Wallingham requested The Keeper's assistance and they have sent me to provide that. As to what purpose, I know not, I suspect this will be revealed to us a dinner tonight. In the mean time, let's head out for that walk. Any who wish, are welcome to join us." Caladrel quickly heads out of the trophy room and back toward the front door.

As he approaches, he sees that another guest of stocky build and short stature has arrived at the door. He pauses patiently to allow the butler to introduce the newcomer.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

Sylvia watches the tall, tattoed elf retire from the trophy room, eyes narrowed at his retreating form. "Well, they don't hold still for me," she mutters once the man is safely out of earshot, "It's most of a day's work getting a mutagen down their throat."

She turns to Trina and Jonathan. "Enjoy your walk, if you can. Watch out for elves, though. They're a stuffy, untrustworthy bunch!"


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Trina watches Caladrel depart, looking somewhat perplexed at Sylvia's hanging comment. Isn't she an elf? Or maybe half...

"That's twice you've mentioned mutagenics," she speaks after a few moments, after watching the quieter elf make his way out of the room and around the corner into the next hall. "I take it you are a chemist by trade?"


46/46, AC 11

With a nod to the room and a polite bow, Jerry leaves the room though not as quickly as his companion. "Adieu, until later."

Following Caladrel down the hallway, he performs a quick detour to return the billiards cue, then returns to his side. "Impressive the estate, though I can see you were uncomfortable in that room." he says stating the obvious.

"The afternoon sun should hold for a lovely walk. Thank you for coming with me to find the pony. My tracking skills are adequate for the desert, though I've tried polishing them up." he adds as they get to the door.


Smitty: The butler greets you at the door. A slight bow of the head indicates that he has no interest in your excuse because he has no interest in whether you are on time. "His lordship has invited his guests to dinner, which will be served shortly. Let me show you to your chamber so that you may prepare." He leads the way to a well-appointed bedchamber.

All: As the seven o'clock hour approaches, you all hear a crash of a gong - the call to dinner.

Sorry for the absence this weekend. I thought I would be able to check in, but I did not have a chance. Feel free to fill in what else you may have done in the interim (prior to the dinner gong) and then we will move on accordingly.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

Sylvia beams at Trina. "Indeed I am! Aren't you, as well? I had just assumed because, you know..." She holds up both hands in front of her, palm out, fingers overlapping so one thumb shows on each side. "It seems an interesting change from the ordinary, possibly quite handy."


Male Human Rogue 4 (HP 23)

"I wonder what's for dinner. I hope it isn't poisoned, like that soup at the Lurched Loach Inn." Rhodes says, still leaning on his pool cue.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"We can try it out on my mule, Mister Rhomaino. It won't matter if he dies, except that I won't have anything to carry my lab around. That could be a problem." Sylvia ponders a moment. "I guess it would matter if he dies, after all."

She jumps several inches off the floor when a gong crashes. "What was that!?"


Male Human Rogue 4 (HP 23)

"Dinner?" Rhodes muses. "You don't have any anti-toxin, do you? Wait, you wouldn't sell me poison, would you?"


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"OH, dinner. Well, no. I mean, yes, I would, if I had some, but I don't have any, so no. But I could make some. Poison or antitoxin, whatever. I have my lab here, so I could whip some together in a day or two. If we're staying. Which I don't know if we are." Sylvia peers around in a vague attempt to find the dining room, which is NOT apparently in the trophy room.


Male Human Rogue 4 (HP 23)

"Come on, lets go find the dinning room," Rhodes motions for Sylvia to follow him. He leaves the pool cue against a wall, letting it roll a bit and leave a long blue scuff line of chalk along the otherwise pristine wall of the room.

"Whoops."


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

"I have antivenom in varying doses," Trina replies, "though I left them back with my things in my room. I don't think you have anything to worry about though, Mr. Rhomaino. This is an awful expense to go to for an execution, and people who live like Lord Wallingham tend to not care for unnecessary expense in my experience."

As the group walks along through the halls, hopefully in the right direction toward where dinner is being served, she turns her attentions back to Sylvia. "As for your earlier inquiry... I am not a chemist myself, no, though I have met a few in passing over the years, often while searching for various alchemical remedies and treatments. I'm a physician, but my own talents are more magical than chemical. I know how to use medicines, and recommend them, and ensure proper dosage and treatment, but I know little of making them, and leave such things to the expertise of those trained in the field." A small smile rises, and she shakes her head slightly. "Nevertheless I have a curiosity for the field, and an appreciation of those with the talent, as they make my own occupation easier. Magic is not infinite, especially in my own limited capability, and my nomadic occupation does not often lend to long-term care; being able to acquire medicinal aid and leave instructions and recommendations for family to tend to the ill in my wake allows me to continue my work elsewhere while not leaving patients behind unattended for."

She gestures at the tendrils growing from the back of her head, while a band of dark violet ripples its way up her throat, contrasting starkly with the pale blue-grey color of her skin, before sliding back down below her collar and out of sight like a cresting wave. "My own mutations are less chemical, likewise, and more biological. I ... must admit to some surprise in the reaction of everyone here. Most places I go are far more hostile at the sight of a tiefling."


Male Human Rogue 4 (HP 23)

Rhodes tries not to look at Trina, "I thought you were undead. Huh. I'd have lost that bet."


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

She laughs softly. "No, and thank the gods for that. Most undead wouldn't be able to carry this around." She taps the silver diamond hanging over her breast, with Shelyn's symbol prominently embossed in its center. The chain around her neck is dark with rust, and small bits of tarnish are visible around the edges of the symbol itself especially in the corners, but the rest of the medallion itself looks to have been fairly recently polished.


46/46, AC 11

Jerry nods to the dwarf and of course Longworth as he leaves. "Just going out for a little ramble, to reclaim Miss Syliva's horse. I'll stable him once we have found him." he motions to the stable-block.

"Shall we?" he nods to Caladrel before moving out into the afternoon sun, well sun might be too strong a word - More like afternoon cloud, with occasional breaks in it where the heavens create pure golden spears of warmth to please the soul.

His eyes are drawn to the rolling fields, lust and rich with dark dots in the distance. Upon closer inspection they appear to be workers. However Jerry's work is of a more imminent nature. He examines the road to try and find where the pony bolted from and too.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Guardian Caladrel, can you see the route the young horse has taken." he requests.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

Sylvia blinks in astonishment. "You're a tiefling? I wouldn't have known. I've met a few hanging around the university but they didn't look like you. Hey, you have eyes on the bottoms of those tentacles on your head. Can you see out of them? That would be really handy. Nobody could sneak up on you."

She meanders down the hall, peering into rooms as they pass. "I don't see much point to antitoxin without the toxins, which I can make. I have a bunch of things, too, already made. I was going to sell them in town - I had to move out to the country, y'see, because of the explosions and fumes and stuff - grumpy neighbors - but anyway, I didn't get to go back into town and sell. So they're here with me."

A look of consternation flits across her face. "This is a big house."


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Trina smirks somewhat at Sylvia's astonishment, as if unsure if the excitable woman is being sarcastic or if the differences between her and the stereotypical portrayal of a tiefling - cloven feet, spade-tipped devilish tail, ram's horns, forked tongue - had led her to assume otherwise. She decided not to comment on it though.

"I cannot," she answers, now sounding slightly frustrated, "more's the pity. I can't control them either. They have a mind of their own, or something somewhat like one."

She nods to the observation then gestures down an adjoining hall. "I believe this leads back towards the entrance. We should be able to find Mister Longworth this way and he can tell us where the dining hall is."


Male Human Rogue 4 (HP 23)

Rhodes sniffs, "That must be the way to the kitchen, so that must be the dinning hall... nope. Where the heck is this this place?" He rubs his mouth, leaving a streak of blue sweat down his face from the chalk still on his hand.


Jerry: The horse took off like a shot back toward the village. The walk would take a good 20 minutes each way, and you would certainly be late for dinner. As if on cue, you hear the gong ring from inside.

As the rest of you search for the butler, you actually spot the dining room first, and rather readily as it is directly off the hall. A long table is laid with white linen, place settings of silver, porcelain, and crystal placed with geometric precision before each chair. Two sharp footmen stand at attention by a sideboard and Longworth greets you by the doorway. He looks with a mixture of disapproval and resignation at your garb and comportment, but says nothing of it as he shows you which seats are yours. Your host has not yet arrived in the dining room.


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Trina bows her head in return to Longworth's greeting, then follows the footman to her assigned place. After being seated she folds her hands in her lap and bows her head, observing a moment of silent meditation or prayer while awaiting the arrival of Jeremiah and Caladrel as well as Wallingham himself... and apparently either a sixth guest who has yet to arrive at all, or the Lady Wallingham, if her count of the available seats is correct.


46/46, AC 11

"Gosh darn!" Jerry exclaims at the dinner gong. "Pardon my outburst." he apologises to his companion, but it implies it'll be tricky to find the equine before dark.

"I guess we shouldn't keep our host awaiting, that'd be bad manners." he looks down the path; "I'm sure if the horse turns up in the village it'll be alright." the words are more to convince himself than the elf.

He turns around and moves back towards the house, for he would not be so uncivil as to keep his host awaiting. 'Oh well, I suppose I'll have to make it upto the chymist. Though I will find her mount.'

Moving back inside the house Jerry comports himself with the utmost decorum, not seating himself until the host arrives and once all the ladies are seated first.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

"Unfortunate," replies Caladrel. "A few more moments outdoors would be most welcome. You are correct Mr. Roberts. We should not keep our host waiting."

Caladrel follows Jeremiah to the dining room and stands behind his chair as we waits for everyone to be seated.


A well-groomed middle aged man strides into the room, dressed in a neatly starched dinner jacket and tie. Some of you will recognize him as Lord Wallingham. He is accompanied by three young women, whom he introduces as his wife, Lady Belinda, and his daughters, Lady Rowena and Lady Philomena.

Lady Belinda Wallingham looks young, scarcely older than Lady Rowena, and possesses a slight build and demure manner. You almost have the feeling that a strong breeze could carry her away, petticoats and all. She says little, beyond what is required by good manners, and seems to shrink from the more unconventional of her guests.

Lord Wallingham's daughters are more self-assured. While Lady Rowena wears a delicate dress and has her hair up in an elaborate (and presumably time-consuming) arrangement, it strikes you that she could handle herself as a traveler or even a hunter. She greets you all confidently, and does not seem the least put-off by the inhuman guests.

Lady Philomena is somewhat quieter, but regards you all sharply, as if quietly calculating. Her manner seems akin to that of a scientific observer or curious academic.

Lord Wallingham himself is boistrous and good-natured. He greets you all in turn.

"Jerry!" he says with remarkable familiarity. "I do not believe I have seen you since... Well now I don't know. I look forward to hearing of your family. I hope they are well."

"And you must be Miss Eichmann. I have heard of your considerable talents. You are most welcome here."

"Mr. Rhomaino." His smile dims somewhat. "I trust you are also well. Thank you for coming."

"And Miss Pari," he smiles once again, "Your reputation preceeds you. I understand that the hall that my great-grandfather built at the University owes some credit to you for recent... improvements."

"Master Hammersmith. You honor us with your presence."

"And... Well my stars..." he says regarding Caladrel. "You must be the emissary from the Keepers. My ancestors once had a close relationship with the woodland druids, but those times are now but a memory. We are deeply honored that you have responded to this invitation." He seems most deferrential to this particular guest.

He invites you all to take seats around the table as he and the ladies do the same.


46/46, AC 11

Jerry shakes Wallinghams' hand with the robust familiarity of the well-bred; "Just spiffing, don't cha know. You seem in rude health, whilst my parents are the same." he looks to the ladies and bows.

"And your daughters certainly do you proud, I'm sure. Especially if your eloquence matches their elegance." he butters up the Lord whilst he takes a seat.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Ah, well... yes. Nobody was hurt, at least. Which is good." Subdued, the tinkerer awkwardly shakes Lord Wallingham's hand and gives the women accompanying him a slight wave, then plops down in a nearby chair as quickly as possible. She chooses the chair as far away from Caladrel as possible and avoids the elf's eyes, trying to sit near Trina or Mister Rhomaino.

Her attention is drawn to the great number of cutlery pieces arrayed at her place and her brow wrinkles with interest.


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Trina rises at the approach of the host and his retinue and curtseys, an odd-looking motion compared to the simple bowing of the head she has given everyone else thus far, when acknowledged. "Thank you, sir. It is a pleasure to be of assistance."

She returns to her seat quietly after greetings are concluded and observes the remainder of the proceedings quietly, awaiting with some curiosity further explanation for their presence. She isn't horribly familiar with noble etiquette, but she has a guess that food will come before business... and at that thought, she realizes how long it's been since her last meal, sometime this morning. The idea of the discussion of their summoning being delayed until after dinner suddenly bothers her curiosity much less.

51 to 100 of 1,430 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / An Ancient Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.