An Ancient Evil

Game Master Celestial Healer

The kingdom of Leyland is in the midst of change. New technology and new social structures are taking the place of the old ways. In the midst of this, an ancient evil is awakening and threatening this prosperous nation. It falls upon a band of heroes to face this menace.


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,430 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Trina's bullet lodges itself in the clockwork mechanism, which struggles to maneuver due to the effects of the tanglefoot bag.

The door does not budge as Jerry throws himself against it.

MAP

Smitty
Caladrel
Faenor

Clockworks (#1 is entangled for 3 more rounds)
Trina
Sylvia (entangled)
Jerry
(end of round 2)


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Does Faenor have another action?


We've entered round 2. He is up again.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 4

"Ach, my mother would be so disappointed in that shot. I need to steady myself."

Musket (touch attack): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Smitty's shot rings out and solidly strikes the clockwork creation.

Caladrel and Faenor are up.


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Faenor quick draws Laurelin and fires at the clockwork he struck before. A mundane shot fires out at the foe

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d8 ⇒ 7


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

extra damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 7) = 15


Faenor's shot strikes a critical area of the clockwork, sending gears and hydraulic fluid spattering across the floor. The first clockwork collapses to the floor with a clatter and moves no more.

Caladrel is up. Clockwork 1 has been taken down.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

Caladrel takes another tanglefoot bag from his belt and throws it at clockwork #3.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Caladrel tries to entangle the clockwork threatening the door. After the bag bursts and covers the mechanical being with goo, he pauses to allow the substance to harden. Then he makes a break for the doorway and safety.


I see no way for Caladrel to get out without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Caladrel's tanglefoot bag ensnares the clockwork creature and immobilizes it. Still, it swings at Caladrel as he makes for the door.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The distant clockwork creation launches another net, this time at Faenor.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The other clockwork swings at him, stuck as it is in the tanglefoot bag goo.

Attack on Faenor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 I don't know if that hits. If it does: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

MAP

Trina
Sylvia (entangled)
Jerry

(End of round 2)
Smitty
Caladrel
Faenor
Clockworks (#3 entangled and immobilized)


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Trina reloads as she sidesteps forward, then takes aim and fires off another shot at the clockwork in the rear of the room.

Move to F7 and shoot at C2.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


46/46, AC 11

The cracks of the weapon-fire fills the corridor and Jerry realising the door is to study to be kicked open easily. Obviously due to some freshman pranks, like the ones he performed when he went to University. However the noble dwells not on the past, when there's danger in the present.

He picks up his zweihander and keeping low moves down the corridor to peak through the door. Assessing the situation, whilst keeping out of any gunfire he figures out what to do next.

Std: Pick up sword.
Move: to G4


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Faenor grunts, the metallic arm wounding him deeply

It did hit. I'll get ac set up


Another shot rings out and Trina's aim is true, striking one of the clockwork creations.

MAP

Sylvia is still up.
Smitty, Caladrel, and Faenor can post their actions at will as well.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

Caladrel moves behind Faenor and touches him with his wand. cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Move to G7


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

Muttering in annoyance about not being able to burn buildings (legally), Sylvia attempts to extricate herself from the netting.

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Ai ya.


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Faenor fires again, aiming for the clockwork contraption that struck him

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d8 ⇒ 4


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

We're snakebit.


Faenor's shot is wide, but Smitty takes aim as well.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The second clockwork creation fires a net at Faenor.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 vs touch.
Faenor is entangled. -2 to attack, -4 to Dex until you break free. You move at half speed and cannot charge or run.

The entangled creation swings again at Faenor.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

MAP

Trina
Sylvia (entangled)
Jerry

(End of round 3)
Smitty
Caladrel
Faenor (entangled)
Clockworks (#3 entangled and immobilized)


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

Second verse, same as the first. Trina takes a step back as she reloads then puts another bullet into the clockwork at the rear of the room.

Move to E7, shoot at 2.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Where's the opening in this thing?" Sylvia hisses as she claws at the clinging net.

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


46/46, AC 11

Jerry moves into the room; 'What the devil are they fighting?' he wonders.

"What the devil are you fighting?" He asks, in a straight-forward manner. The noble is never one to let thoughts unbidden to the lips. Keeping his sword close to his chest, he sees it'll be tricky to get into the fray & it might require a certain lack of caution.

Move: to F6


Trina's aim is true, and it strikes one of the clockwork automatons.

MAP

Smitty
Caladrel
Faenor (entangled)

Clockworks (#3 entangled and immobilized)
Trina
Sylvia (entangled)
Jerry
(End of round 4)


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Faenor makes a grimace of disgust as the entangling fibers stick to him

dex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Can I attack or am I only allowed to try and break out?


The effects of being caught in a net: the target is entangled. An entangled creature takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty on Dexterity, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run. If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a concentration check with a DC of 15 + the spell's level or be unable to cast the spell.

An entangled creature can escape with a DC 20 Escape Artist check (a full-round action). The net has 5 hit points and can be burst with a DC 25 Strength check (also a full-round action).


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

Caladrel begins to speak in his Druidic tongue a small flame ignites in his hand. He tosses it toward the far clockwork creature. The flame rolls across the room and grows quickly into a roiling, flaming sphere. It engulfs the clockwork creature. fire damage from a flaming sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5, dc 16 reflex save negates


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 4

"Let's see if we can put this unfortunate thing out of our mis'ry."

Aiming at clockwork #2

Musket (touch attack): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Give it one from me," the still-entangled Sylvia cries encouragingly to the firearm-toting dwarf.


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Feanor realizes the struggle against the bonds is futile. He brings one of his guns up slightly to touch the sticky net

Casting Burning Hands

DC 16 concentration: 1d1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

A fan of fire spreads from the muzzle of his pistol, sheeting over the sticky webbing

Let me know the damage I incur


Smitty's shot rings out and strikes the clockwork creation, knocking off some pieces of unknown function, but the creature manages to dodge the writhing ball of flame conjured by Caladrel.

reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Faenor sends a gout of flame at the nearby clockwork.

4d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2) = 8
reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The third clockwork strikes back at Faenor. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The other clockwork begins picking up some of the pieces Smitty shot off and quickly reattaching them. Heal: 1d10 ⇒ 3

MAP

Trina
Sylvia (entangled)
Jerry

(end of round 4)
Smitty
Caladrel
Faenor (entangled)
Clockworks (#3 entangled and immobilized)


Female Tiefling (Motherless) Inquisitor [Sin Eater, Preacher] 4 [HP: 25/28] [AC: 16 | T: 11 | FF: 15]

"Oh that is all kinds of not fair."

Trina takes another shot at the clockwork in the back of the room, hoping to further damage it, maybe even knock off the bits it just put back on.

Reload, shoot at 3.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Trina's shot embeds itself in the far wall rather than her intended target.

Sylvia, Jerry, Smitty, Caladrel, and Faenor are up.


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

I think there was a bit of confusion. I wanted to try and burn the tangle bag off me with the burning hands


46/46, AC 11

'In for a penny, in for a guinea... what are these things?!' Jerry thinks as he moves into the room, rushing past the entangled Faenor and striking at the far enemy.

Move to F12 Acrobatics to mitigate an AoO from #2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Std: Attack #3 (PA): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16; Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3) + 9 = 18


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

Frustrated, Sylvia tries to get out from under the entwining net.

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Faenor - I see what you are trying to do. Why not? But it is an area attack and not at all precise. I think you can do it, but will take damage. You can automatically make the save, though - so it would be halved. I will let you roll that. It will destroy the net completely.

Jerry leaps into the room, but the nearby clockwork creature gets a good swipe at him. (That acrobatics roll is not going to cut it.)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The bruise from the slam of the clockwork servant does not stop Jerry from smashing at the other one. He strikes it solidly, and the creation collapses into a pile of gears and struts.

Smitty, Caladrel, and Faenor are up.

MAP


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

You rolled 8 damage originally. I'll take the 4

Faenor winces as the sticky strands burn off him

He aims his weapons and fires, the pistols jumping in his hands

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d8 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d8 ⇒ 8


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 4

"Here's hopin' the thing isn't too nimble with its attacks."

Moves to E10 and fires at clockwork #3

Musket (touch attack): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Destroy those blasted things so you can get me out of this net!" Sylvia thrashes fiercely but futilely.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

Caladrel shifts five feet to his right. He directs the the flaming sphere to the remaining clockwork figure. flaming sphere, dc 16 reflex save: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) = 13


Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

The entangled clockwork cannot dodge the incoming gunshots effectively, and is struck repeatedly. Along with the fiery blast from Caladrel's flaming sphere, the last remaining construct collapses into a heap on the floor.

Out of combat.


M Elf Druid 4 {AC 19, T 13, FF 17, HP 28/28}

When the last clockwork creature collapses, Caladrel moves swiftly to Sylvia to help her free her self from the net.


Male Elven Spellslinger 4 AC 12 HP 23

Faenor attempts to remove the last sooty bits from his clothing

"Well, this augurs well" He drawls wryly


With some help, anyone in a net is able to disentangle themselves.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

Sylvia flails at the net from the inside, hindering Caladrel more than helping him. When the cords finally drop to the floor, Sylvia is rumpled, shaken, and quite angry. Her tousled hair reveals the normally carefully hidden points of her elven ears.

"That was not very hospitable," she grumps. "I hope the next room is a bit more friendly." She draws her rapier, betraying her doubt that it will be.

"Is anybody hurt?" she asks as an afterthought.


46/46, AC 11

"What were they? Mechanical men? And why where they in the professors rooms... well, I guess we'll find out." Jerry says querulously, moving into the room before he turns around to Sylvia with a smile and replies as if her question was more than perfunctory. "Naught but a scratch."

He then looks to the others with a glance of earnest concern for their well-being.


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"Besides me, I mean," the rumpled elf says ruefully, examining her bruises, "Mechanical bastards."


46/46, AC 11

"Are you alright? Not too badly hurt?" He asks softly. Leaning the heavy sword against the architrave of the door, it's point bits softly into the floorboards of the office and there's a slight wince from Jerry at the damage. However the mechanical beasts are on such reason why he might keep a weapon close at hand.


You stand before the wreckage of the clockwork creations. Their gears and pistons lie smitten upon the floor. Before you stands another door.

Anything else you are doing in this chamber? Are you moving on?


F Elf Alchemist 4 {Init +3; Perception +8 (llv); HP 25/35}

"I'll live," Sylvia admits. "Everybody ready? Let's go." Moving to the last door, she tries the knob to see if it's unlocked. If so, she opens it!

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,430 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / An Ancient Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.