Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath

Game Master Kybryn


151 to 200 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Vhalas Rhun wrote:
I could use a few daggers, but its not a big deal if you need them wasp.

I could use a spare, but otherwise you can take the other two if no one else objects.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Windbeard, from where we are at now, how far to Riddleport?"

daggers are cheap, and I could use the two for thowing in a pinch, so no big deal, thanks.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den will take the Pilum. They are cheap but not that common. He can use them and they are handy against a foe with a shield.

The armor, being masterwork, will sell for 75-80 gold a set.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia wouldn't know the value of those items, but I agree we should keep them and trade/sell off whatever we don't need once we hit town. Though if we were to find a bow of some sort. . .

Once everyone's wounds seem under control, Talia drifts down near the fire and opens a curious tome. One cover seems white, the other black. and the pages are the same, half made of white paper the other made of black.

Qadira

Vhalas Rhun wrote:

"Windbeard, from where we are at now, how far to Riddleport?"

"Windbeard is not my name. As I said, Riddleport is only half a days travel from here."


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den assigns watches for the night, and as the sun rises he prepares a hot breakfast for the group and then efficiently breaks camp, enjoying the briskness of the cool morning air. He mounts his new Stallion and looks ready to ride. His name is Tempest. he announces to the group.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Before settling down, Wasp sits by the fire and makes sure to sharpen her weapons. As she checks the quality of the new dagger she's obtained, she looks up and notes Talia's tome.

Odd sort of spellbook.

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Durp.

Don't want to disturb her study. Mental note: ask about it some time.

Wasp takes an early watch, then spends the rest of the night "tending to Windbraid's wounds," rejoining the group in the morning, all smiles.

"Nothing like a refreshing sleep after a hard ride."

She's packing the last of her gear as Dendarial climbs atop his new steed.

Dendarial wrote:
"His name is Tempest."

Wasp grins up at him. "Bards will one day sing the tale of Dendarial the Hunter, who rode a Tempest against his foes and rained a storm of arrows upon them."


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

The ranger allows himself a brief and uncharacteristic smile at Wasp's comment. Or a refreshing ride, after a hard sleep. he jests, winking and the Inquisitor. Tempist is already a prince among horses. And he is young. Only Desna knows how powerful he will become.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

In the cool dawn, as the others awoke and prepared for their journey, Ziyad could be seen scaling a nearby ridge and taking some time to survey what was to him a quite foreign landscape. The beauty of the waking terrain was something he needed to hold on to; after all, soon he would be in Riddleport and the hard lines of its drossy inhabitants would encroach effortlessly into his daily program.

Ziyad packed not light but ordered, one neat bundle of a simple desert canvas over his steed. He seemed to pause a moment before mounting when a distant, receded argument within resurfaced and caught his attention. Ultimately his eyes wandered from the course.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

As the sun rises, Vhalas begins to turn his thoughts to the matter at hand.

"Hrm, its up to all of you, but we may want to approach the town by evening. Less of a chance of being noticed. Also now that we are nearing the city, we may want to work up some covers for why four, very different elves are all traveling together. From what I remember of Riddleport, rumors are as quick to travel in the town, as wind in a forrest."

Vhalas muses for a moment, then turns to Wasp and Dendarial.

"You have both stated that you are familar with the region, Denarial, do you think it would be safer to camp outside of the city, and venture in by night, or Wasp, do you know of any bolt holes that might work as a base of operations for us within Riddleport? As you both know Riddleport is controlled by minor crimelords, anything we can do to maintain a low profile would be for the best."


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Waiting for the others to saddle their new mounts Den replies to Vhalas. I have hunted this city before yes. But I was always in and out quickly. I know the wilds. Here I bow to your expertise. It seems wise to make our camp match our cover, yes? If our story allows for room at an Inn then we should stay in the city.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad studied the exchange between Dendarial and Vhalas carefully before intoning, "What do we know about the Gold Goblin Gambling Hall? Who would be unnoticed there? That should be our focus, initially."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

[ooc]Well shoot! I wrote this great peice about using Ziyad and Talia to act as arcane scholers, and us as body guards, only to have it disapear on me! *grrr* I'm going to bed I'll follow up in the morning. [/oo]


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

It has been many a season since I last walked among the human cities, I will follow whatever lead you think best.

Qadira

as soon as you've decided how you're planning to enter the city, let me know.
After a half day's travel, you find yourselves approaching the city. About a mile out, you don't get the impression that anyone has noticed you, or that anyone cares.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Pondering the options Den presents one simple idea. Windbraid, how far into the city do you go? We could go with you and act as guards for you while you conduct your business.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Thats not a bad idea Dendarial, if Windbraid is for it. Talia do you know much of Riddleport?"

Gazing off into the distance towards Riddleport Vhalas sighs, It will be good to get back into a city, even one as destitue as Riddleport.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

I fear I know little more than you when it comes to this city. I have spent most of my time in study.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp listens to the banter about Riddleport, adding nothing at first, but finally breaks her silence after Talia's comments.

"I was born in Riddleport, and spent many of my younger years on the streets before coming into the service of the temple. After that, I spent little time beyond it's walls... up until I left on other business. I haven't been back in decades."

She smirks.

"I'd be hardly surprised if it hasn't changed a bit from what I remember. But the people I knew, other than the elves in the Temple of Calistria, are likely either old or dead now."

She sighs, and her smirk becomes a smile.

"Riddleport is a regional trade hub, and a disreputable one at that. I'd wager we'd raise more questions and curiosity if we act like we have something to hide, rather than just waltzing on in with the confidence of a group that can take care of itself."

Before Vhalas can interject she cuts him off with a raised finger.

"And there's a difference between confidence and bluster. We can keep quiet about our true goals while acting like we have nothing to hide."

She winks at him, then glances between the others.

"No matter what, we're going to attract attention. The trick is to attract the right kind of attention. The kind that tells people to stay out of our way."

Qadira

@Den, Vhalas "I have no business in Riddleport. This was just a patrol to secure our land. I plan to ride north once you head into town."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad weighed the options and finally interjected to Wasp "I've had only brief business inside, but I support your assessment based on certain exposures to the more predatory styles of existence. I would add perhaps our self-image is too low, after all its not a bluff to say we are dangerous. Only an insensitive fool would challenge our mundane loitering...and what's more, in the final analysis such a challenger would lose. I believe I speak from observable fact and not ego." He steadied his horse as some distant wind moved to encapsulate the party and added "Our contact may indeed turn us to another destination entirely, in which case this conversation is significantly premature, rather than steady-headed caution. No, let first our objectives become clear...


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Aye, that does sound like good logic Ziyad, and you as well Wasp. Any who would challenge us would be quite fool hardy. Please for give me, its still a bit of a change working with a team rather then going solo" I'll still have to be careful, but there may be some merit afterall to teamwork and compaionship, if not I suppose i'll find out either way quickly enough. "Allright then, shall we be off? Riddleport awaits.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den concurs. My trips in to Riddleport have always been direct. I was never questioned.

Qadira

Upon arriving in the city of Riddleport, the blot in the sky seems closer than any of you remember.

Any of you may roll Knowledge (arcana, local, and/or nature) to see if you know more about the blot. If interested, you may attempt to Gather Information (diplomacy) around town to learn more. Remember, you should all be aware by now that this city and it's denizens have quite a reputation for the disreputable.

You are all already aware of the following through previous knowledge, conversation with each other, or simple observation.

Brief History of Riddleport:

Once a secret pirate haven, Riddleport has grown over the last three centuries into a port city in its own right. At first it served as a secure base from which to conduct raids against Chelish merchant vessels bound for Korvosa, but over time the city has expanded into a true settlement, the frontier’s frontier, the northernmost outpost on the lonely strip known as the Lost Coast. Yet while Riddleport has grown into a proper city, it remains true to its roots—you can get rich quick in Riddleport if you’ve got skill and a bit of luck, though for every Riddleport success story there are a dozen nameless bodies buried in potters’ fields or tossed to the hungry denizens of the sea.

Riddleport is located in a secluded, rocky harbor situated at the easternmost reaches of the Calphiak Mountains, where the meandering Velashu River meets the sea. Although the site was partially chosen for ease of defense (either from Chelish privateers or raiders from the Lands of the Linnorm Kings), the original settlers picked the site as much for its singular Thassilonian monument: the mysterious and intriguing arch known as the Cyphergate.

The city proper is tucked in between two rocky ridges, the easternmost rising just over 300 feet in elevation and blocking the city from a tidal swamp of hillocks and mires that serves today as a dumping ground for refuse, derelict ships, bodies, and undesirables. The western ridge ascends swiftly into the Calphiak Mountains themselves. To the north, the Velashu River threads its way between these ridges, leading up into the Velashu Uplands. While roads from the east and north exist, they
are not well-maintained—the most notable access to the city is its harbor. No one who sails into Riddleport by sea can avoid passing beneath the Cyphergate. Many sailors have favorite private signs or rituals for good luck they perform as their ships pass under the storied
arch, for one can never be too careful around Varisia’s storied monuments.

Riddleport today bears an air of legitimacy that eluded it in earlier times when it was little more than a haven for those seeking shelter but not necessarily law. This legitimacy arises from a growing influx of scholars and experts, for of all Varisia’s monuments, the Cyphergate may be the best preserved. It’s certainly one of the most enigmatic. An entire tradition of arcane study has risen in the Cyphergate’s shadow—the growing Order of Cyphers has become one of Riddleport’s most powerful factions— quite the feat in a settlement known for traditional values of piracy and bullying. This newest faction of Riddleport’s already complicated administration may just be what it takes to force the growing city into a stable government—or it may be the final load that causes it all to come crumbling down.

At a glance:

Most of Riddleport’s buildings are composed of wood— logs or planks—with multiple floors and steep, high-peaked roofs of wooden shingles. They are built in close quarters, and in some cases their wooden upper floors sag and lean together from the constantly sodden conditions. Stone fireplaces ward off the bitter winter cold and the chill that lingers in the fog-laden streets for much of the year, save for in high summer. During this two-month period, warmer air currents from the south bring a muggy, oppressive heat along with great black mosquitoes that breed in the nearby marshes. Many burn peat treated with incense in their hearths during these months to ward off the vermin with their thick smoke.

The major streets of Riddleport are cobbled, often becoming rain-slick cataracts during the wet seasons. Cobbles are often missing or crushed by the incessant traffic, leaving gaping holes and ruts in even the most well-tended thoroughfares. Side streets tend to be relegated to muddy tracks that are swift to turn into stinking morasses of sucking mud and filth. Riddleport doesn’t have much of a sewage system, and relies mainly on gutters along street edges to carry refuse to the river and harbor. One feature unique to the major streets is the frequent oil lamps mounted on iron poles that provide beacons of light in the benighted mists. These are set in sturdy hurricane lamps and burn thick, rancid oil from barrel-shaped reservoirs at the lamppost base—a byproduct and innovation of the Gas Works. These wavering lights give off illumination equal to a torch in even the foulest weather but are not well-tended—just over a third of them are out on any given night, in need of repairs or refueling.


Map (Details on map locations in Campaign Info tab. Please be patient with the formatting on those as it will take a while for me to go through the whole thing removing spoilers and spacing it correctly)


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad's face twitched noticeably as he gazed into the blotted sky.

k(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Mesmerized briefly from his thoughts, he then turned his attention to the buildings. In a habit of war he entertained thoughts of destruction, analyzing the local skill in carpentry to be quite substandard, he considered ways to bring the structures down quickly if necessary.

k(engi): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

doh, double low rolls...

Qadira

Ziyad - Knowledge (arcana):

Riddleport has a long history of mysterious phenomena connected to its infamous Cyphergate Riddle—the long-sought hidden purpose of the stone arch that rises over the harbor. Old accounts tell of strange lights moving in the sky and sounds issuing forth from it without explanation. The manifestation of a shadow in the sky is something new, though.

Ziyad - Knowledge (engineering):

You recognize that the majority of privately owned structures in town are dangerous, but you aren't able to discern any special weaknesses.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

k - Arcane - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

k - Nature - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Really? Name rolls on both again. . .well. . . at least they were good


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den enters Riddleport again, and for the first time without a quarry. Well, at least I have someone to hunt, but this time its only for information. trying to recall where the Golden Goblin is.

Seeing the blot in the sky Den ponders. [i]That was not there before. It can't be natural, can it? Never seen anything like it.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

lol a 1. Best to get that out of the way. :)


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp can't help but smile as they enter the city.

It's been a long time, Riddleport. Hope you didn't get soft on me while I was gone.

She glances up, shielding her eyes from the sun with a forearm, looking at the blot in the sky.

Right. Let's get to work.

Wasp quickly begins mingling with the guards, travelers, merchants and urchins around the gate, making subtle inquiries.

Gathering Information - looking for the Golden Goblin, local news, whatnot.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
And I roll fairly poorly. *sigh*


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Ah the smell of rancid fish, pierside whores and bad rotgut. Smells like opportunity and freedom. It's good to be back into a city, even if I didn't particularly like this one "Say Talia, this dark blot, any idea what in the gods it is? Looks like the sky got hit with a colossal sap, and is about to be picked over."

Qadira

Talia:

Arcana:
Riddleport has a long history of mysterious phenomena connected to its infamous Cyphergate Riddle—the long-sought hidden purpose of the stone arch that rises over the harbor. Old accounts tell of strange lights
moving in the sky and sounds issuing forth from it without explanation. The manifestation of a shadow in the sky is something new, though.

No known magical traditions explain the existence of the hovering shadow, and it does not bear the trappings of any known spell.

The wizard Argentus Blakely (a noted Cyphergate scholar) postulated that the Blot is some sort of convergence for focusing arcane energies. He has
yet to prove his hypothesis but is running several experiments to test its validity.

Nature:
The Blot has no known analogy in nature.

Birds and flying creatures appear to avoid the air space around the Blot. Although it resembles a dark cloud, the wind seems to have no real
affect on it.

The movements of the Blot seem to be related to the tides—it is at its largest at high tide and at its smallest at low tide, although periodically, changes in its size seem to occur at random as well.


Dendarial:

You see a big dark cloud :D

Wasp:

The darkness in the sky over Riddleport is known locally as Blakely’s Shadow, or simply the Blot.

The Blot first appeared over Riddleport about a month ago and has remained in the sky ever since. It has changed size and shape and has
even disappeared intermittently, but has always returned after several hours
1d100 ⇒ 24

Toward the end of your investigation, you stop to ask a few questions to a local merchant. He brings you in close to show you his wares in exchange for a little bit of information.
Merchant Sleight of hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Wasp Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
While creating an obvious diversion with his right hand, you notice him quite obviously reaching for your silver holy symbol.

After having taken a good look at the blot, you each get the impression that taking a few hours to observe it could perhaps help you to learn more about it.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Its just a dark cloud. Lets find our contact. Den sounds unsure.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

DM Drider:
Wasp smiles sweetly at the merchant, and swats his hand away. She raises a finger in his startled face, her smile never faltering but her eyes hard and her voice low.

"Do you really want to steal from an adherent of the Goddess of Revenge?"

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"Consider yourself warned."

She takes a step back from him before turning to return to the group.

Returning to the group, Wasp smiles.

"Locals have been calling that thing Blakely's Shadow, or the Blot. Been around for a month or so. It changes, and even disappears for a few hours from time to time, but always comes back."

She leans in.

"And keep an eye on your pockets."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Ha! Oh Wasp, I could have told you to keep an eye on your pockets." Looking around Vhalas confides in the group "We have been cased three times since we got here, twice by pick-pockets and once by a group of toughs looking for easy marks. Still we should stay on our toes."


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Vhalas wrote:
"Ha! Oh Wasp, I could have told you to keep an eye on your pockets."

Wasp laughs and winks at him.

"I should have known better! I used to be one of those pick pockets."

Vhalas wrote:
"We have been cased three times since we got here, twice by pick-pockets and once by a group of toughs looking for easy marks. Still we should stay on our toes."

"Agreed. Let's see if we can't find this inn and get off the street, shall we?"


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den tucks his coin purse deeper into his pack and nods his approval to the plan.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia looks around, What? After seeing the thoses moving quickly she follows trying to spot whatever made everyone else so nervous.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Agreed, if no one else I suspect that we could offer a small donation to a local merchant for some directions to the Golden Goblin.

Find a shady merchant, offer him a 1gp for direction and threaten to cut off his fingers if he gives us wrong directions


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Any chance that during the time Wasp was gathering info I could've visited with Blakely and received his account of it?

Qadira

@Ziyad
Until she's back, you are unaware of "Blakely". Asking around, you are not able to find any conclusive information as to his whereabouts.

@Vhalas
With no trouble and at no cost, a commoner points you in the direction of the Gold Goblin.

@All
The Gold Goblin stands in a much-neglected neighborhood. The building is quite obviously old and run down on the outside with a few noticeably expensive renovations. Crowds of gamblers and spectators mill about on the street or file together through the main doors just to get in. Overseeing this gathering is a larger-than-life-size statue of a goblin, apparently cast in glittering gold, that stands atop the entry stairs with a smirking expression of satisfaction on its face, as if personally enjoying the crowds that shuffle past it into the doorway beneath the gambling hall’s gilded dome.

By peering inside the main doors, you notice two sultry beauties scantily clad and wearing faux bat wings, devil horns, and tails collect entry fee's from the patrons. Armed guards stand nearby to either side of an immense treasure chest into which each patron’s entry fee is added. The guards are on hand to not only protect the money, but to prevent any overzealous admirers from trying to dare the infamous touch of what many are calling a "succubus". The floor on which they stand is made of a rich crimson velvet carpet.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den goes forward and pays his entrance fee, feeling there is no other way to get in to see the man they have come to meet. He is somewhat repulsed by the women made up to be devils, and while he tries not to show it, he is not completely successful. As he pays he asks where he might find the person he seeks.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Seeing little else to do, Talia walks to the door and pays her fee. Once inside she is more interested in the gathering than the gaming.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad's face furrowed, wondering if real succubi would have made the place at least possible to sympathize with. Approaching the succubi, he pays nothing, but says "To be the light against the coming darkness."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"A guy like me could come to love a place like this" Vhalas mutters as he sees the succubi for the first time. Pausing for a moment, he looks around at the gambling hall and the chest almost overflowing with gold. Well, takes some stones to leave that much gold out. One of the clouds that Ziyad can put out, and I would be well to do for a few nights. I might have to come back here and lighten their accounts if I have some free time. As Ziyad gives the handshake to the succubi, Vhalas tenses and leans into Wasp. I know I don't need to be telling you, but if something was going to go down, it will be soon." At that, Vhalas places a hand on his sword, ready to draw if necessary.

Qadira

As Ziyad finishes speaking, one of the two women dressed as a Succubi gives Ziyad an incredulous look. Her eyebrows raise in suspicion, and here eyes look him up and down, and then at the rest of the party.

"You two, get back here." She says to Dendarial and Talia
She hands them their entrance fees back.

While looking directly at the party, she says "They look a bit softer than I had expected" Obviously speaking to her friend.
"Well not all of them anyway" the other replies.
"Come with me, the boss has been expecting you.

One of the girls turns and leads you across the main floor, up a flight of stairs, and through a few doors. As you follow the lady, you notice that she is perfectly confident and comfortable in her skin. She knocks twice on a large mahogany door and says

Description of the inside of the Gold Goblin:

Beyond the registration table is the hall’s game floor. Dozens
of gamblers, waitresses dressed as succubi, and bouncers mill
about the room, wandering amid tables offering various games
while dealers shuffle cards, roll dice, and spin wheels. Moving
through this throng are a dozen more of the barely clad, batwinged
vixens serving drinks and batting coal-black eyelashes
flirtatiously for tips. In the center of the chamber is a short
podium atop which sits a massive gold chest affixed to the floor
by similarly gaudy chains. On either side of it stands a barechested
bouncer in the exotic garb of some foreign sultan’s
court. Each stands with muscled arms crossed over his chest
and with a naked scimitar of prodigious size tucked through
his waistband. High above them, from the hall’s cloth-draped
ceiling, hangs a brass birdcage within which crouches a small,
bat-winged, pointy-tailed devilish creature that sulks as it gazes
over the room and occasionally rattles the bars threateningly.

"Boss, I think those elves you were talking about are here"

A neat but very woodsy looking elf with white hair and a young face opens the door. He glances at the party, and motions for the lady to go. Once she is out of sight, he raises his right arm and says:

"To be the light against the coming darkness"


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Upon entering and meeting the contact for the 1st time Talia will half-bow, twist her arm to her chest, palm over her heart and say Elen sila lumenn omentilmo

Translation:

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo = A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Vhalas wrote:
"I know I don't need to be telling you, but if something was going to go down, it will be soon."

Wasp smiles at him, and winks. "Are you always so pessimistic, Vhalas?" It's clear she's ribbing him - her body language shows she's also ready for any sort of danger.

After Ziyad speaks the password, and the succubus begins to lead them back, Wasp nudges him with her elbow.

"Well remembered."


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den nods to the woodsy looking elf, and smiles, being a little woodsy himself. He offers his hand to the elf. I am Dendarial, and I am glad we have found each other.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Pretty much Wasp, occupational safety and all, a man in my line of work that easily trust is the quickest to catch the short end of a blade, eh?. Anyhow it looks like we have met our contact." Once Vhalas sees that they are alone he turns back to the elf behind the desk. "I hope you know inconvenient the last month has been for me Kwava. Your friend Shorafa had me cooling my heels in this crapshoot of a town for the last month waiting for to meet with a contact from the Shin'Rakorath. So finally when the word comes down, I head to Mierani Forrest, meet with my group only to come back here. Thanks. A. Lot. Now what are we doing here? And please skip the niceties, in the past week I have traveled though forests, been bitten by hundreds of bugs and very gotten nearly killed by a frenzied human, so unless one of your "succubus's" want to help me unwind from a very long month just give me the mission and let me go to work!"

Qadira

Kwava bows at Talia, and then offers a lesser sort of bow to the rest of the party.

"Well met, Dendarial. I am Kwava, your task leader."

As Vhalas speaks to Kwava, he walks to his desk and pulls out a small white mouse, and begins to play with it. He turns back to the party. A smirk flashes on his face, as if he knows something the party does not. He slowly becomes more serious as he begins to speak to Vhalas.
"I do not know your name, nor do I care at this point. You have earned none. Ours is not a business of convenience, and I have no intention of going out of my way to make your life, or any of your lives for that matter any easier at this point. If you are here to 'earn your share', then quiet yourself and I shall deal with those who are here with a sense of duty to our kind. Anyway, consider yourself paid in advance for right now. As for the Succubi, they are free women... on their own time."
Kwava's face lightens up again
"Thank you all for coming, no need to be standing, have a seat. I'm glad that you all made it here on schedule, sounds like you had quite the ride down. On to business. We have purchased the Gold Goblin, and it will be our base of operations moving forward. It is completely self operational, so no need to worry about the day to day stuff here, unless I ask you for a bit of help, which I surely will. This is a full-time commitment, but the satisfaction and reward of our operation are more than generous. You can station yourselves in the guestrooms across the hall up here."

Kwava stands up again, still playing with his mouse. He walks to a concealed corner of his office, and then returns without the mouse. Moments later, you hear a few clawing noises and a squeak.
"As for your first mission, you'll be jumping right into the lions den. Our organization has been hearing of some... dark happenings in this area. Supposedly there have been rumors of an elf leading a shady operation in town. My sources tell me they will be holding a secret meeting by torchlight at the bonyard tomorrow at dusk. Your task is to find out as much information as you possibly can. I trust I don't need to inform you of the what the 'right questions' would be. I will have eyes on you, so prove yourselves tomorrow night, and you shall have much to celebrate. Any questions?"

feel free to ask him questions

As he escorts you out of the room, he curls his index finger over his nose as if pondering and says "Oh and I forgot to mention, leave no survivors. Feel free to explore the Goblin, or town. I expect you to report back once you're done."

Okay, at this point, feel free to RP in town etc. Once you're ready to move onto the next evening, let me know. Either way, I will continue to interact with you.

151 to 200 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.