Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Carbide's The Dragon's Demand

Game Master John Woodford

DM Carbide runs The Dragon's Demand in PFS Campaign Mode!

COMBAT MAP

LOOT SHEET


1,001 to 1,047 of 1,047 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Weakly Godlike Entity

After a few seconds they lose their initial intensity, but it looks as though they're going to be going for at least a little bit yet.

DC 10 Knowledge (Nature) or Survival:
They'll probably be dangerous to cross for a minute or so.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The Exchange

Investigator (Empyricist) x2, *Wizard Variant | HP:15/15 | AC:15 T:13 FF:13 | Speed:30 | CMB: 2 | CMD:15 | F:+0 R:+6 W:+3 | +2 more vs. enchant | Init:+3 | Perc: +10* | Stealth: +7 | Darkvision(60') | Light Blindness | Immune to Sleep | Inspiration +1d6, 4/4

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27       Of course…

“Careful!” Arien shouts down the corridor. “It’s still unstable!”


Weakly Godlike Entity

Master Temperance?


Stats:
HP 18/18 AC 16/16FF/15T | F+4 R+3 W+7/+9 vs illusions | CMB 0 CMD 15
A simple traveler. -bows-

Master Temperance had the flu. :( Back now.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Temperance winces silently as he is singed and blistered in several places. "Do we stay put?"


Weakly Godlike Entity

Arien and Rowane have moved past the flames, while Huc, Master Temperance, and Nighttail remain on the near side. Arien and Rowane, there are no signs of imminent attack on you where you are.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

Huc—concurred about having two party members stranded across the flames—looks down at Temprance. "I can put flame protection on myself and get across ... most likely. Fynn could stay here with you. At least 'til the flames die down, right?"

Huc has Resist Energy he can cast on himself, then command Fynn to protect Temp. Or, we could just wait the flames out .. .not sure how urgent we need to get across. Thoughts, team?

The Exchange

Investigator (Empyricist) x2, *Wizard Variant | HP:15/15 | AC:15 T:13 FF:13 | Speed:30 | CMB: 2 | CMD:15 | F:+0 R:+6 W:+3 | +2 more vs. enchant | Init:+3 | Perc: +10* | Stealth: +7 | Darkvision(60') | Light Blindness | Immune to Sleep | Inspiration +1d6, 4/4

Wedged into the dark tunnel, Arien peers ahead for any signs of attack or alarm.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

I’d wait. The damage is already done, and there’s no way to immediately get everyone to the same side without incurring more injury. Of course, it all depends on what Arien hears…


Weakly Godlike Entity

Arien, you're actually at the top of a flight of stairs carved into the floor of the tunnel. You neither see nor hear any signs of nearby movement.


Weakly Godlike Entity

After a minute or so, the fire finally gutters out. The rock is still quite warm, but not enough to be a hazard.

The Exchange

Investigator (Empyricist) x2, *Wizard Variant | HP:15/15 | AC:15 T:13 FF:13 | Speed:30 | CMB: 2 | CMD:15 | F:+0 R:+6 W:+3 | +2 more vs. enchant | Init:+3 | Perc: +10* | Stealth: +7 | Darkvision(60') | Light Blindness | Immune to Sleep | Inspiration +1d6, 4/4

So… everybody crosses the scorched tunnel to meet up with Arien and Rowane?


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

Sorry, I missed the updates.

Once the flames die down, Huc hustles forward. He pitches his voice low, so as not to carry far into the caves ahead, "Everyone alright? Need any healin' before movin' forward?"


Weakly Godlike Entity

Master Temperance and Rowane?


Male Human Cleric of Abadar 2-variant bard| 15/15HP| AC 18, T 11, FF 17| F:+5, R:+2, W:+7, | Perp: +8 Init: +1| Channel 2/6

Rowane moves forward, out of the tunnel.
I was waiting for everyone else to catch up. Cleric is not a good front liner.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

Yah, I believe Rowane had already rushed through the trap. I'm assuming the whole team is doing that, and we're pushing forward in our usual marching order: Arien scouting (wth Fynn guarding her) > Temp & Rowane in the middle > Huc in the rear.


Stats:
HP 18/18 AC 16/16FF/15T | F+4 R+3 W+7/+9 vs illusions | CMB 0 CMD 15
A simple traveler. -bows-

Yes, getting out of there!


Weakly Godlike Entity

Arien and Rowane are slightly wounded, I believe?

The Exchange

Investigator (Empyricist) x2, *Wizard Variant | HP:15/15 | AC:15 T:13 FF:13 | Speed:30 | CMB: 2 | CMD:15 | F:+0 R:+6 W:+3 | +2 more vs. enchant | Init:+3 | Perc: +10* | Stealth: +7 | Darkvision(60') | Light Blindness | Immune to Sleep | Inspiration +1d6, 4/4

I’m at 9/15 - I could use healing, but I’m not sure what we have to spare.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

As the team recovers, Huc rests a meaty hand on Arien's shoulder, "Thanks for takin' one for the team." Then he whispers an old woodsman's prayer, knitting her wounds closed.

CLW, Arien: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
And I have 1 more to give, if it's ideal for Huc to heal Rowane.


Male Human Cleric of Abadar 2-variant bard| 15/15HP| AC 18, T 11, FF 17| F:+5, R:+2, W:+7, | Perp: +8 Init: +1| Channel 2/6

DIdnt we still have potions in the stock pile we could use. Instead of wasting magical resources?I am only down 3


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

I don't have any more pots in my gear list. Unless we looted some? That would definitely be preferable, but I didn't have any noted.


Weakly Godlike Entity

There are 3 CMW potions still on the loot list.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

Im fine having used the spell. Let's hold the higher level potions until they're needed. Or people can use'em now, if healing still needs to happen.


Stats:
HP 18/18 AC 16/16FF/15T | F+4 R+3 W+7/+9 vs illusions | CMB 0 CMD 15
A simple traveler. -bows-

I count Temperance at 7/18 HP. So, a potion would be great!


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

People should feel free to roll for their potions. For expediency...
CMW, Temp: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 7) + 3 = 11


Weakly Godlike Entity

Let me know when you're ready to go.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

Ready


Stats:
HP 18/18 AC 16/16FF/15T | F+4 R+3 W+7/+9 vs illusions | CMB 0 CMD 15
A simple traveler. -bows-

Ha, I'll take that roll! Back and ready.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The stairs descend for a short distance, then open into a large cave, the floor strewn with fresh straw. The bones of many different creatures, animals and humanoids both, hang on the walls. Two boulders separate the rear of the cave from the rest of it. A single kobold can be seen, standing imperiously between the boulders. He starts to speak, squeaks a little bit, then clears his throat before continuing. "You think you can trespass in the lair of the Blood Vow Tribe with impunity? I am Roaghaz, and I serve the great Lord Aeteperax! He rewards us for ferocity and faithfulness. We shall add your bones to those hanging on these walls, and our great lord shall sup on your flesh!"

At this, four more kobolds emerge from behind the boulders.

Round 1:

Initiative order
Roaghaz
Huc/Fynn
Master Temperance
Kobolds
Arien
Rowane

The kobold retreats and mutters a spell, and is suddenly surrounded by illusory replicas. Huc, Fynn, and Master Temperance can act!

Dice rolls:
Replicas: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Arien Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Huc Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Master Temperance Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Rowane Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Roaghaz Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Kobold Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Weakly Godlike Entity

Bump. Waiting on Huc & Master Temperance.


Stats:
HP 18/18 AC 16/16FF/15T | F+4 R+3 W+7/+9 vs illusions | CMB 0 CMD 15
A simple traveler. -bows-

Will, +2 to resist illusions: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16

Uncertain which illusory image is which, Temperance pulls out an alchemist's fire, and begins intoning advice from Libaitstessen, the famed gnome gourmand.

The pepper that is least sought always winds up in your soup, he begins, and the group feels some fire in their bellies.

Advice! +1 to hit and damage!


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

I’m having some serious issues making enough PbP time lately (work + homelife is crazy right now). So bear with me.

With a sharp, commanding whistle to Fynn, Huc charges forward. The woodsman and his mutt crash into the kobold defenders.

Swift to command Fynn to attack the northern group.
Handle Animal DC10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
.
Huc advances (map updated) and power attacks the northernmost of the southern 2 kobolds.
greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 9
damage: 1d12 + 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 + 1 = 10
.
Fynn advances (map updated) and power attacks the kobold to his north.
Bite, power attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 9


Weakly Godlike Entity

No problem. RL comes first.

Round 1 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Roaghaz-acted
Huc/Fynn-acted
Master Temperance-acted
Kobolds-acted
Arien
Rowane

Master Temperance offers sage advice, and Huc & Fynn go for the throat. The hound drops his target, but the kobold on Huc is better at dodging and ducks under the whistling blade of the greataxe just in time.

Arien & Rowane are up!


Male Human Cleric of Abadar 2-variant bard| 15/15HP| AC 18, T 11, FF 17| F:+5, R:+2, W:+7, | Perp: +8 Init: +1| Channel 2/6

Rowane pulls out his crossbow and launches a bolt towards the kobold in the back.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Weakly Godlike Entity

Rowane, don't forget about Master Temperance's advice--+1 to hit and to damage.

Round 1 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Roaghaz-acted
Huc/Fynn-acted
Master Temperance-acted
Kobolds-acted
Arien
Rowane-acted

The intervening boulders and other combatants don't leave Rowane with a particularly good shot at the kobold, and his bolt misses it (and its mirror images, unfortunately).

Arien!

The Exchange

Investigator (Empyricist) x2, *Wizard Variant | HP:15/15 | AC:15 T:13 FF:13 | Speed:30 | CMB: 2 | CMD:15 | F:+0 R:+6 W:+3 | +2 more vs. enchant | Init:+3 | Perc: +10* | Stealth: +7 | Darkvision(60') | Light Blindness | Immune to Sleep | Inspiration +1d6, 4/4

Arien rushes to Huc’s side, her elven steel parting the air, and kobold, before her.

MW Elven Curve Blade, Advice: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Edit: I saw 19 and got carried away, thinking it was a crit.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Huh...I forgot the kobolds' attacks on you. And I also forgot Nighttail's intiative.

The three remaining kobolds stab at Huc and Fynn with their spears, and one finds its target on the hunt. Take 1 HP, Huc. It does not live to relish its satisfaction, though. Arien rushes forward and cuts it down cleanly. Nighttail advances with Hak, but can't get into the fight. At the sight of the renegade Roaghaz screeches, "TRAITOR! Kill her first!"

Round 2 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Roaghaz-acted
Huc/Fynn
Master Temperance
Kobolds
Arien
Rowane
Nighttail

The kobold chief levels a wand past its remaining guards and chirps a quick phrase in Draconic. A tiny clot of grey fibers flies from the tipe of the wand, then expands into a mass of webbing that fills most of the chamber. DC 13 Reflex saves from everyone except Master Temperance!

Dice rolls:
Stab hound: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Stab Huc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Stab Huc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Huc damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

The Exchange

Investigator (Empyricist) x2, *Wizard Variant | HP:15/15 | AC:15 T:13 FF:13 | Speed:30 | CMB: 2 | CMD:15 | F:+0 R:+6 W:+3 | +2 more vs. enchant | Init:+3 | Perc: +10* | Stealth: +7 | Darkvision(60') | Light Blindness | Immune to Sleep | Inspiration +1d6, 4/4

Reflex v. DC13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Human Cleric of Abadar 2-variant bard| 15/15HP| AC 18, T 11, FF 17| F:+5, R:+2, W:+7, | Perp: +8 Init: +1| Channel 2/6

reflex vs DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Stats:
HP 18/18 AC 16/16FF/15T | F+4 R+3 W+7/+9 vs illusions | CMB 0 CMD 15
A simple traveler. -bows-

Temperance takes out a tindertwig and lights his torch, preparing to swing it through the webs.

So...GM, it looks like a 'flaming weapon' can clear webs. Temperance would like to do that, without setting the whole web on fire and burning people like poor stuck Rowane. How do you rule on that? Can Temperance move and swing, and if so, is it 5' per round? 10' per round? Thanks! And I assume I can't swing the torch into an occupied square without burning the occupant, so no freeing Rowane, et al.


Weakly Godlike Entity

You can burn away one square per round. Anyone in the web is going to take 2d4 flame damage when it ignites, though. The people who made their saves are surrounded by web but not stuck to it, while the people who didn't make their saves are grappled vs. CMD 13. People who saved can move through web-occupied squares with a successful Escape Artist or combat maneuver check vs. DC 13.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Huc and Fynn can act after they make their saves.


Stats:
HP 18/18 AC 16/16FF/15T | F+4 R+3 W+7/+9 vs illusions | CMB 0 CMD 15
A simple traveler. -bows-

As long as Temperance can keep the fire from spreading, he'll do it.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

Down 1 hp from Huc, and a Reflex save…
Huc Reflex DC13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Fynn Reflex DC13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Huc and Fynn—shrugging off the tittle caster’s spell—continue their onslaught. The mutt, too concerned for his companion, ignores Huc’s command and turns on the kobold warrior at his side.

Swift: Huc commands Fynn to go after the caster.
Handle Animal DC12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9; nope!
.
Then Huc attacks the kobold in front of him.
greataxe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
.
Fynn, attacking the kobold to his southwest
bite: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

If Huc drops that kobold, can Fynn redirect his attack at the only remaining kobold warrior (the oone to the north?)


Weakly Godlike Entity

As noted above, Huc and Fynn are surrounded by web but not stuck to/entangled by it. For Fynn to reach the other kobold, he'd have to make a check as described above.


NG Human :: HP 20/21 :: AC 18 (T12 FF 16) CMD 16 :: Fort +4 Refex +5 Will +2 :: Perc +7 Initiative +2
Fynn:
N Dog :: HP 16/19 :: AC 19 (T 15 FF 15) CMD 18 :: Fort +5 Refex +6 Will +2 :: Perc +5 (Low-Light; Scent) Initiative +3

gotcha. Then, if Huc's kobold drops, and Fynn can go after the one to the north...
CMB: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Weakly Godlike Entity

Huc, if you failed the Handle Animal check, why is Fynn going to attack a creature that hasn't attacked him? It also just occurred to me that AFAICT Animal Focus is only for 2 minutes/day, in minute increments. Is that why Fynn's STR is 17, up from 15 for dog + Eye For Talent?

1,001 to 1,047 of 1,047 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's The Dragon's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.