Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

A combined effort

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...


1,101 to 1,133 of 1,133 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Alathea, can you give your adam to Rhoekk for your move action? Give him both parts please :)


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1
Litheene wrote:
Alathea, can you give your adam to Rhoekk for your move action? Give him both parts please :)

Sure, if Rhoekk can get over to Alathea, that'd be fine. I don't think Alathea can't move over to Rhoekk and give him the a'dam, given her Weaving.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM
Kodokura wrote:

Kodokura reels as he feels the knife of the Power lance between him and the Source, clutching his head and screaming as he feels something in his head snap.

There's nothing in the rules that I can see that suggests severing causes any conditions, but in the books severed characters are typically pretty useless for a while, even unconscious. Not that I'm a sucker for punishment or anything, but is Kodo stunned or anything, or can he act normally?

great observation. I had been thinking of tweaking the rules for sever, but not now. I will say that an adreniline rush keeps you going.


Male Human Wilder 8/ Asha'man 1/ Armsman 2 (hp: 45/64)

Would Kodokura have heard Fia's warning that the Aes Sedai has betrayed us? If not, there's no reason he would know it was her, and thus wouldn't understand the need to flank her...

RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:
Kodokura wrote:

Kodokura reels as he feels the knife of the Power lance between him and the Source, clutching his head and screaming as he feels something in his head snap.

There's nothing in the rules that I can see that suggests severing causes any conditions, but in the books severed characters are typically pretty useless for a while, even unconscious. Not that I'm a sucker for punishment or anything, but is Kodo stunned or anything, or can he act normally?

great observation. I had been thinking of tweaking the rules for sever, but not now. I will say that an adreniline rush keeps you going.

And cheers for that :)


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM
Ryvin Altessar wrote:


Ryvin maintains the Hardened Air, but also multiweaves (1d20+29) and takes a huge gamble, to clamp a Ward Against the One Power onto the Aes Sedai. Third-level-weave for a 5-ft. radius ward.

ryvin, you cant multiweave on the same turn that you channel a weave that requires concentration. You will have to wait til next turn to multiweave. What youve seen in the postings is the feat split flows, which allows you to do two, or more, weaves per turn.


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

Blargh. :( *sighs* Just when I was starting to feel useful... Fine. I'll stand by the tube of Hardened Air, to stop Pasty and his friends from slicing me. I do drop the Master Ward, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Wait, if Ryvin didn't channel the ward against the power this whole situation becomes urgent. Any channler left for this round that isn't on the verge of dying and can delay the Aes Sedai? If not, can anyone heal me, or at least get this fade away from me?
P.S. Rizzen - I assume my weavesight got the severing of Moira by the Aes Sedai correct? What about the adam I've checked?


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

Eerghh... Provided A'mar comes over and engages the Myrddraal behind me, I'll change my action to moving out of A'mar's way and locking the Aes Sedai in the Ward Against the One Power. Sound good?


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland will use his Heroic Surge to get to the woman and full attack.

Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 2 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 6 + 3 = 22

Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 + 3 = 17


Female Human (Borderlander) Armsman 6/Woodsman 3 Reputation: +9 Warder bond w/Litheene,HP:116(current 86)

Litheene I'm working on coming to get you as You are in Dire straights. I am hopefully gonna take out there weapons or slay the fades quickly that way I can at least pull you free


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Having warned the others of the traitor, Fiallain begins to probe at the shield holding her, testing its strength.

I can come help with the Fade, either to assist or to pull Lithene away while you take him on Vala. I'm probably only one or two swings away from being unconscious myself though.

Also, are their rules for breaking through a shield once it is in place? I know it happens in the books, but I'm not sure on the mechanics for that once one is already in place.


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

O-kay. Time to properly state my intent.

"Shut up," Ryvin tells the Myrddraal in a contemptuous tone. "You're annoying."

She turns from the monstrous Shadowspawn and calls to A'mar. "I am sorry about this, but I need your help. Keep this annoyance off my back. Please."

Having spoken, the Wilder unleashes her ability with the Power on the traitor, encasing her in an envelope that stops her from reaching out to the others with saidar.

Ryvin puts the Ward Against the One Power on the traitor Aes Sedai; 5-ft. radius. She takes a 5-ft. step away from the Myrddraal and calls for A'mar to stop the monster from stabbing her one while she's distracted.

Let's boogie. >_< *nervous!*


Female Human (Borderlander) Armsman 6/Woodsman 3 Reputation: +9 Warder bond w/Litheene,HP:116(current 86)

so what's on this side of the column, if you need me too I will make perception checks


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Oh, if I can, weavesight to learn Rend from Alathea's casting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

just to let everyone know, i am waiting to hear from amorial and Amar before posting. I will wait until tomorrow at noon before posting actions for the BBEGs.


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

I haven't posted an action yet, was waiting on the results of my weavesight and adam checking. However, I'll post now anyway

Litheene looks at Moira falling, realizing the horrible weave the Aes Sedai unleashed. I'm the one who unleashed her. I'm responsible for this But she has no time to think about it, as the fade continues it's assault. Without healing or aid, Litheene resorts once more to her only protection.
Weaving strands of Air she creates a column around herself, to protect her from the fades but not air tight with the ceiling, and expands it to catch the two fades, while creating a similar column over Moira.

My harden Air targets columns at AC14 and AE11, and a square at AD12-AE13 to completely encase the fades. Composure to weave defensively: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 2 = 21 against DC 20. Using harden air level 5 with 3 level slot. DC to save is 19


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

litheene, your weavesight check was to see the inverted weave from the aes sedai.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

alathea, im going to say that you dont have line of sight on the aes sedai from your current position. But if you do a 5' step to Z15, you can pull it off

vala, where on the map you rushing to? give me a grid coordinate.

Ryland, you are attacking the woman, not the traitor aes sedai


Aiel HP 123/107 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

Rhoekk is yet to post too.

Hearing about the betrayal, Rhoekk curses and changes course. Should've knocked her out.... He pulls down deep for a burst of speed and flies at her, spears pointed and poised.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 242d6 + 10 + 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 10 + (4, 1, 4, 6) = 36
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 232d6 + 10 + 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 10 + (5, 4, 6, 3) = 36
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 122d6 + 10 + 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 10 + (4, 6, 2, 6) = 36


Female Human (Borderlander) Armsman 6/Woodsman 3 Reputation: +9 Warder bond w/Litheene,HP:116(current 86)

AA13 if i can make it


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ok, I am confused, sounds good.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

lol, ryland, I meant to phrase that into a question, not a statement. Shall I assume that u r engaging the aes sedai?


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1
RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:


alathea, im going to say that you dont have line of sight on the aes sedai from your current position. But if you do a 5' step to Z15, you can pull it off

Looking at the map, that makes sense. Yes, Alathea will take a 5' step to Z15 to do so.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

If everyone else is jumping the Aes Sedai I will attack the other woman.


Female Human (Borderlander) Armsman 6/Woodsman 3 Reputation: +9 Warder bond w/Litheene,HP:116(current 86)

heading that way and will try to strike at the Aei Sesai, but mostly focusing on getting Litheene


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Ryland - I think it's better if you jump the Aes Sedai as well, Ryland missed one of his hits, and I'm not sure she'll go down otherwise. Plus, you have teh anti channellers sword.
Vala - thanks, I'm pretty much abandonded there, the matron is helpless herselves, and I need one hit to go down. But if you can strike the Aes Sedai, it's probably more important.


Just a note for everyone - the moment she falls - unconcious, I think it's best to stop attacking, adam and then heal her. She still knows a lot, it's best to take her alive (true in general for such cases)


Male Human Wilder 8/ Asha'man 1/ Armsman 2 (hp: 45/64)

Hearing Fia's whispered warning, and seeing Rhoekk move towards her, Kodo swiftly follows, his pain turned to rage. He lashes at her with his sword, focusing on distracting her more than actually trying to damage her.

Aiding Rhoekk with whatever he's attempting, if I can get there before him. If not, I'll give him a +2 AC.

Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Ah good...


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ok, Aes Sedai it is.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial grimaces in pain as his blood splatters onto the woman who attacked him.

Fortitude Save #1 DC 18 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Fortitude Save #2 DC 18 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Fortitude Save #3 DC 18 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Fortitude Save #4 DC 18 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Assuming I am still up after that.

Amorials' mouth opens in a roar of fury and he strikes bak at the woman.

Greataxe attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Greataxe damage 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Greataxe attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Greataxe damage 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ok, just to make sure i have this correct, Rhoekk, vala, ryland, and kodokura are converging upon the aes sedai, correct?


Aiel HP 123/107 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

Seems like.

Actually, converging on single opponents is probably a good tactic. Since wounded opponents are still just as tough as unwounded ones, reducing their numbers is the only way to make good headway in this fight. I suggest we take out the Aes Sedai, concentrate on the woman next, followed by the fade with the shadow blade, followed by the other eyeless last.

As for how the woman is moving like that, my guess would be that it is something to do with her dagger.


Female Human (Borderlander) Armsman 6/Woodsman 3 Reputation: +9 Warder bond w/Litheene,HP:116(current 86)

yes I am gonna do spring attack on her than head around and assess the ones who vanished, I know the others can fight


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39

cast defensively1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42

***more to come...busy day at work...and the next post is a novel***


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Appearing as Angels of Death, Rhoekk, Vala, Ryland and Kodokura converge upon the traitorous Aes Sedai.
I need help!She screams, her voice echoing throughout the chamber, yet sounding muffled in others.

Her head whips about as the 4 begin to attack.
Rhoekk, arriving first, flashes his spears in a rapid fashion, anger and fury lending him strength and dexterity, making his spears appear as blurs.
Vala, sword low, arrives perfectly balanced, her stance ready to snatch at the aes sedai's head when the opening is there.
Ryland, strange new sword leading the charge, hammers the woman with a mighty blow, causing a massive wound to erupt from her back, splashing blood upon the mosaic floor. A howl erupts, one of the hunt, from his mouth as she drops under the onslaught.
Kodokura, revenge filling his eyes, seeks to ensure that this woman, this vile creature of the Dark One, to end her life.

A haggard look overcomes her face, blood seeming from a blade cut upon her scalp into her eye. Taking a step back away from Rhoekk and Vala, and closer to Kodokura and Litheene, she slaps her hands upon a low ring upon the stone, covering several of the strange runes etched upon the surface. In a hysterical voice, she speaks:

If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with ME

all female channelers:

Drawing heavily from the sa'angreal on her finger, She channels 2 large cable thick strands of Spirit into the stone.
Large strands spear out from where her hands touch the stone, and impact with various people throughout the room, connecting them to the stone.

A dull thump is felt inside every person, and a surreal slowness begins to overtake everyone.

The light begins to dim
The flashing sword slows to a crawl
The flick of hair slows to individual strands moving in unison
The exhale and inhale of a breath is difficult
The heartbeat, once rapid from battle, seems slow, ponderous, given to long moments where the heart does not beat...

As darkness overshadows you, a single voice is heard, sliky smooth, whispering,

I win again, Lew Therin

Ryvin, Amar, Litheene, Vala, Amorial, please continue your game HERE

Ryland, Fiallian, Alathea, Kodokura, Rhoekk, please continue your game HERE

1,101 to 1,133 of 1,133 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A combined effort All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.