WotR PDF's


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game General Discussion


Do we know anything about when we are supposed to be getting these? I saw somewhere, can't remember where, that we would receive them as soon as billing hit, which was 3 days ago for me.

Any information would be appreciated.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

You might have seen something that related to other Paizo products and not the card game. For many of the other Paizo subscriptions (ex: RPG, Adventure Path), one of the benefits of subscribing is a PDF copy of the book you are receiving. You received access to that PDF once your order ships. A bit more about that here.

I believe what you got a few days ago was the authorization email. If so, you haven't actually been billed yet, though your credit card or bank may have placed a hold on the funds. The authorization checks that you have sufficient funds in your account. The charges are finalized when the order actually ships. You should get another email letting you know the order is shipping. More about that here.

For the card game, we can probably eventually expect a PDF of the rulebook and a PDF with the card counts. Others have been mentioning mid-May. I'll see if I can dig up a post with any info.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

What do you mean? PDFs of the rulebook? "Receiving PDFs as soon as billing hit" I think only applies to the RPG subscription where you get a book and the equivalent PDF; there's no exclusive PDF associated with a PACG subscription, the rulebook is public.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Ok. So for the rulebook, Vic mentioned it as something that could happen in the PACG blog posts that preview WotR. So that could be any time now. The posts are typically on Tuesdays, and today is a Tuesday, so it might even happen today.

I'm not seeing any mention of when to expect the card list. But I could just be missing it.

Dark Archive

I am wondering when we will get PDF's of the Character sheets for PACG:Wotr.


I'm more concerned with what brad2411 is referring to. I don't care about the rule book. I want character sheets so I don't have to worry about flimsy top loaders and marking those up!


I also would like to see the character sheets. I consider getting the WotR Character Add-on deck, without the base set.

BTW, I guess characters with cohorts will be unplayabe - or at least much weaker - if you don't have the WotR box, or you "proxy" the cohort's card. (if that's possible)


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Where would you want to play the character when you don't have the box?


Zaister wrote:
Where would you want to play the character when you don't have the box?

I have the other two boxes my friend. ;)


The other two sets, before you've purchased the third?


Exactly.

Currently I don't plan to purchase the WotR base set at all, as the mythic theme doesn't interest me, and we only barely tried S&S yet.

On te other hand, I'm intereseed in some new characters, like the summoner.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I don't think that Paizo ever intended for the character sheets to give you access to characters you didn't purchase. They obviously haven't complained when people have mentioned it, and I'm sure they knew it would happen when the put the character sheets online, but for them I doubt it is one of their purposes for the character sheets. So I don't think you will necessarily see them publicize the cohort information.

Now, obviously Padrig already appears in a blog post, and the others might show up too. And eventually I'm sure someone will ask a question about their powers and the text of the power will be in the thread discussing it. So you will probably eventually be able to know what the card says. But, yeah, without the actual card you still won't be able to use it.

I don't think Paizo intends this to be some kind of "copy" protection (remember those video games that had paragraph books with them?) and they obviously didn't do it for every character, but it almost has the same effect.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I was curious about the character PDFs. I don't remember exactly when they dropped before S&S, but it seemed like a long time before the set actually came out (of course, S&S was pretty badly delayed). I'm the sort of person who devours rules and statistics--I still pore over a random Class Deck PDF from time to time--and being able to read the character sheets in advance of Skull and Shackles really stoked my enthusiasm. Now seeing at least one post about someone gotten the game, I'm overwhelmed with envy and have no new character sheets to assuage my covetous nature. As it is, right now I can only pray my subscription has shipped and the status just hasn't updated yet. :D


Zoltán Mészáros wrote:

Currently I don't plan to purchase the WotR base set at all, as the mythic theme doesn't interest me, and we only barely tried S&S yet.

On te other hand, I'm intereseed in some new characters, like the summoner.

This raises a really interesting question; can Paizo provide access to characters in each base set without purchasing the base set? I'm thinking something like a DriveThruCards.com package similar to the Season of the Shackles pack available for purchase. There would be an understanding that these characters are created specifically for the set they release with, so they probably won't function as well with say, Rise of the Runelords. A $10 to $20 character pack would certainly appeal to the subset of fans wanting the new characters, but not interested in experiencing the new game setting (versus paying ~$80 for the base set and character add-on deck).

Hawkmoon269 wrote:
I don't think that Paizo ever intended for the character sheets to give you access to characters you didn't purchase.

DriveThruCards.com would be a great fix for this. So far, Paizo hasn't released any PACG products that I don't want, but if a new set came out that I didn't intend to purchase, I would simply bypass the characters if an alternative didn't allow me to purchase them. I too believe that Paizo provides these character sheets as a service to the fans, and not as a way for people to avoid paying for a product that has obviously been created with such care and dedication. I think this is a service that shouldn't be exploited.


I think you are right Hawkmoon, and this is the reason I consider getting the add-on deck for using Crowe and Adowyn "legally" and maybe the shaman too.

But I won't get the base box just for Balazar & Padrig the "Murderchicken". :)

Of course, the character deck recommended by JC8589 would be the ideal solution for me for WotR.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

As it stands right now, Blessing, Adventure Path, Adventure, Scenario, Location, Ship, Character, Role and Token cards are not available to be created in the Card Creator. (And sadly, it has put a project my friend and I were working on on hold.)

Just remember if you're trying to recreate cards from the set that you don't make them public. WotR cards are copyrighted.


Hawkmoon269 wrote:

You might have seen something that related to other Paizo products and not the card game. For many of the other Paizo subscriptions (ex: RPG, Adventure Path), one of the benefits of subscribing is a PDF copy of the book you are receiving. You received access to that PDF once your order ships. A bit more about that here.

I believe what you got a few days ago was the authorization email. If so, you haven't actually been billed yet, though your credit card or bank may have placed a hold on the funds. The authorization checks that you have sufficient funds in your account. The charges are finalized when the order actually ships. You should get another email letting you know the order is shipping. More about that here.

For the card game, we can probably eventually expect a PDF of the rulebook and a PDF with the card counts. Others have been mentioning mid-May. I'll see if I can dig up a post with any info.

I have already been charged and its cleared the bank. Mine won't be shipped until Next Fri.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I'd also be interested in character sheet PDFs, but mostly to see what Harsk, Kyra, and Seoni look like. I'll be playing Season of the Righteous Organized Play at PaizoCon, and those three are the only new characters for existing class decks. My WoTR box is expected to show up the day before we fly out, but that likely won't give me time to hit up my FLGS for the Ranger or Sorceror decks if I like what I see. (I already own the Cleric deck, as well as Bard and Rogue, while my fiancee's got the Fighter deck).

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

No Ranger Class deck? HERESY!!!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I own at least one copy of each class deck. This was so I had pregens characters for demoing.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

With a cleric deck and a fighter deck, you can play Kyra and Flenta. What more do you need?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Elizabeth Corrigan wrote:
With a cleric deck and a fighter deck, you can play Kyra and Flenta. What more do you need?

My fiancee is playing Flenta in Season of the Shackles with my Lem and my friend's Amarylis, for an all-halfing party. I may have picked up the Cleric deck so that if someone wanted to join us and continue with the theme, he or she could play Heggal. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Desant wrote:
Hawkmoon269 wrote:

You might have seen something that related to other Paizo products and not the card game. For many of the other Paizo subscriptions (ex: RPG, Adventure Path), one of the benefits of subscribing is a PDF copy of the book you are receiving. You received access to that PDF once your order ships. A bit more about that here.

I believe what you got a few days ago was the authorization email. If so, you haven't actually been billed yet, though your credit card or bank may have placed a hold on the funds. The authorization checks that you have sufficient funds in your account. The charges are finalized when the order actually ships. You should get another email letting you know the order is shipping. More about that here.

For the card game, we can probably eventually expect a PDF of the rulebook and a PDF with the card counts. Others have been mentioning mid-May. I'll see if I can dig up a post with any info.

I have already been charged and its cleared the bank. Mine won't be shipped until Next Fri.

Really? If so, that would be a major change for how Paizo works and I've not seen anything to indicate they changed the process. In the past, it has always been the they first authorize the charge, which you would see at your bank, but it would be something much like a hotel or even gas station hold on funds. They aren't actually taking the funds, they are saying "I want to check that this account has adequate funds for a charge of $X." Your bank will often remove those funds from your available balance since they believe the charge is coming. Then, later the business will finalize the charge. If the charge doesn't get finalized, your bank will have a policy to stop withholding the funds from your available balance in a certain amount of time.

Paizo's practice has always been to authorize the charge then finalize it when shipping. Here is how it would have worked this month:

1. Authorization happened between May 7th and May 11th. If you see a "charge" from Paizo in that date range, it should be just the authorization. You should have gotten an email when that happened too. The subject would be something like Paizo Order #XXXXX and it would say in the email near the total "Authorization" and "Expires XX/XX/XXX". That is probably reducing your available balance.

2. Shipping started 5/12/15. When your shipping label gets printed, you get another email, the subject of which is Paizo Order #XXXXX Shipment. That is also when they finalized the charge (which is when the money has really left your account, even though your bank has been preventing you access to it.) This email says something like "A package containing # items from Paizo Order #XXXXX is expected to ship from the Paizo warehouse by Friday, May 22 via UPS Ground, estimated 5 business days in transit."

Here is the thing though, usually, the time between your label being printed and the package actually going out of the warehouse on a truck is very short. For my last two subscription order, it has been 1 day. So why does it say May 22nd? Because the email message gives you the last day they plan to still be shipping subscriptions. Every single "Shipment" email being sent out says "by May 22" regardless of whether it will really go out the door on May 12th or on May 22nd. If you get the "Shipment" email and have tracking, you can usually see it show up on the tracking in a day or two.

So, have you gotten that "Shipment" email and that is where you are seeing the May 22nd date? If so, then yes, you've been charged. But odds are it will ship well before May 22nd. If you have tracking on your package, check it and see if it is already on the way.


I got the email saying it will be shipped by Fri May 22nd. We shall see.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Desant wrote:
I got the email saying it will be shipped by Fri May 22nd. We shall see.

I got an email with the same date, but my package actually shipped on Wednesday the 13th.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Desant wrote:
I got the email saying it will be shipped by Fri May 22nd. We shall see.

The date on the e-mail is the latest date that the UPS shipping label is good for, so it's essentially the worst-case scenario for shipping to commence. Usually it is much earlier than that, unless something catastrophic happens (which seems unlikely, given that several here have already gotten theirs)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

Mine's out on the truck for delivery today ... :-)
<F5>
<F5>
...
...


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Theryon Stormrune wrote:
No Ranger Class deck? HERESY!!!

I'll tell you what; if you play a Bard in the Season of the Righteous, then I pledge to pick up a Ranger deck and play a Ranger at PaizoCon.

Full disclosure: between the teapot and Biter, I'm leaning towards playing Harsk anyway, but no promises unless you promise likewise. :)


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

In trading up to priority shipping to not have to wait 6 days for my package to cross the whole country, I sacrificed my tracking number. So my package gets here faster, but I've got no idea when. I have no F5 to hit. D:

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber
JohnF wrote:


Mine's out on the truck for delivery today ... :-)
<F5>
<F5>
...
...

And it's arrived!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Unfortunately I have to wait for actual release to get the game since I only subbed the add on deck... I'm regretting that decision already...


It's killing me that peeps are receiving when I haven't even shipped yet. The demons are eating my shipment. I know it.


I'm with you JBiggs. This is painful.

Adventure Card Game Designer

looks around, counts the number of copies on her desk

says nothing


Tanis O'Connor wrote:

looks around, counts the number of copies on her desk

says nothing

Pure unadultered evil.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Well apparently it's already available for sale, just walked into my home with a copy from Hastings... is the proper response "WWWWHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" or "OHDEARGODWHOTHOUGHTTHISCARDWASAGOODIDEA"


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

So for the guys who are playing SotR at PaizoCon, uh, I'm going to be running some tables... :)

I enjoy the convenience of the character sheets and have since like early RotR. I care very little about using markers to mark up the characters (even with a sleeve) because I intend to reuse them.

I think I would have had less incentive to buy the class deck stuff if I hadn't seen the characters beforehand - I'd be committing to 28 sessions+ of OP without even knowing if the character I had picked was even going to be enjoyable for that amount of time.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Andrew L Klein wrote:
Well apparently it's already available for sale, just walked into my home with a copy from Hastings...

The street date is Wednesday, May 27. We will investigate this.

Grand Lodge

Any word on when we'll receive PDFs of the character sheets, now that many of us are receiving our copies?


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Word


Looks like the'word' came a tad prematurely.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / General Discussion / WotR PDF's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion