>>ask John Compton ALL of your questions here<<


Off-Topic Discussions

101 to 110 of 110 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Why are archaeologists always blowing things up?

Paizo Employee Organized Play Lead Developer

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:
Why are archaeologists always blowing things up?

I blame bad press.

Archaeologists blowing things up is a running joke (i.e. knife that some of my friends like to twist in my back) based on my watching Diego play the recent Tomb Raider games as I watch in horror.

Diego: Oh, Lara's found an ancient book.
Me: That's...that would be utterly priceless.
Lara looks at this illuminated manuscript for 3 seconds, gains +1 archery skill, and then abandons the text, exposing it to the elements.
Me: Whaa...? WHAAA?!? No! You go back and you cover that up! That's three Ph.D. dissertations worth of material right there! Damn your eyes, Croft!

An hour later, Lara rams a truck into a 700-year-old fresco. The truck explodes, and the wall collapses, opening up the next adventure level.
Diego: Look, John—archaeology.
Me: That's not at all how archaeology works.
Diego: Well Lara just did it, so it must be archaeology.
Me: No, I'm pretty sure I'd know.
Diego: I excavated the #$%@ out of that wall. And that truck.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Just tell him her career is in ruins.

He’ll love that. :)

Paizo Employee Organized Play Lead Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:

Just tell him her career is in ruins.

He’ll love that. :)

He’d likely find that funny. No, my best means of retaliation is to make puns or make purposefully misconstrue (or confuse) his favorite fandoms. Sometimes I do both, after which I have to perform the ewok of shame.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Greetings, Mr. Compton.

Congratulations on your new position as Organized Play Lead Developer.

I have question about Pathfinder Society Organized Play Guide for brand new PFS 2 for PF 2.0 rules: currently it is on www.organizedplayfoundation.org and here on Paizo forums RVCs say that it will stay there, and there will be no more neat PDF with good design, so cool in printed version (to hit players with it - no) - is that true, no more PDF designed PFSRPGG from Paizo?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Have you seen the episode of The Awesomes called Indiana Johnson and the Nazi Granddaughters, it's on Hulu if you haven't.


John Compton wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:

Just tell him her career is in ruins.

He’ll love that. :)

He’d likely find that funny. No, my best means of retaliation is to make puns or make purposefully misconstrue (or confuse) his favorite fandoms. Sometimes I do both, after which I have to perform the ewok of shame.

I would greatly like to watch the Ewok of shame someday.


John Compton wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Why are archaeologists always blowing things up?

I blame bad press.

Archaeologists blowing things up is a running joke (i.e. knife that some of my friends like to twist in my back) based on my watching Diego play the recent Tomb Raider games as I watch in horror.

Diego: Oh, Lara's found an ancient book.
Me: That's...that would be utterly priceless.
Lara looks at this illuminated manuscript for 3 seconds, gains +1 archery skill, and then abandons the text, exposing it to the elements.
Me: Whaa...? WHAAA?!? No! You go back and you cover that up! That's three Ph.D. dissertations worth of material right there! Damn your eyes, Croft!

An hour later, Lara rams a truck into a 700-year-old fresco. The truck explodes, and the wall collapses, opening up the next adventure level.
Diego: Look, John—archaeology.
Me: That's not at all how archaeology works.
Diego: Well Lara just did it, so it must be archaeology.
Me: No, I'm pretty sure I'd know.
Diego: I excavated the #$%@ out of that wall. And that truck.

I just have to say. I love both this form of archeology and your horror at this form of archeology, as I share your exact reaction to similar things.

Hugs for you, John. Hugs.

Customer Service Representative

3 people marked this as a favorite.

We’ve been doing archaeology in Spider-Man for a while now. It started with a truck excavating a car! Last night John watched me excavate the Vulture AND Electro. In Civ 6 I had a bunch of archaeological sites, and I definitely surveyed them. Archaeology!

Tell them about the awful things you say about sea turtle mines, John. That’s my question.


Greetings!

About Skitter Crash (Free RPG Day 2019 adventure you wrote that players can use their own skittermanders.

What about Skitter Home (Free RPG Day 2020 adventure)?

101 to 110 of 110 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>ask John Compton ALL of your questions here<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Off-Topic Discussions