Dragon Age: Inqusistion anyone else picking it up?


Video Games

151 to 200 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

That's pretty much what it was, yes.

Liberty's Edge

It's a I don't want to live a lie story and a my father's a jerk story not dressed up as anything.

Scarab Sages

While I am still quite enjoying the game, I've found a few bugs. Mostly they are just amusing ones - I'm playing on Xbox 360.

A couple of days ago my character was in Haven, having a chat with Cullen out on the practice field. There were a couple of recruits practicing with their swords nearby, and the camera direction I had chosen meant that occasionally they intruded into the shot of my PC and Cullen talking. Suddenly I noticed that the recruit who kept coming into shot had NO HEAD, just a black hole where his head should be.

I shifted the camera angle, and suddenly the Headless Swordsman disappeared completely, leaving behind only his disembodied sword and shield. The sword and shield persisted, motionless, until I changed the camera angle again.

In gameplay:
I'm still enjoying the character interaction, and the landscape. But crafting is a bit onerous. They've made the controls too complicated. It is much simpler in Skyrim, and I liked the animation of your character hammering at the anvil or grinding herbs in a pestle when you crafted something. I miss that. I also found it rather un-intuitive to figure out how to attach a newly-crafted piece to armor. It should be an option on the same screen where you craft the item.

Some of those dang shards are put in locations that are ridiculously difficult to access, unless you enjoy making your character jump repeatedly and starting over every time you fall and die. I do not find that type of activity enjoyable.

Great googly-moogly, bears in Thedas are vicious!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Oh those platfomer shards... I fell like I'm super inquisitor brothers.


I love the game, have been enjoying it since I got it (60+ hours into it). That said, the platforming DRIVES ME NUTS. The game isn't a platformer by design; the controls aren't precise enough and the map texturing isn't done well enough for it to be remotely considered in that vein, yet I find myself having to do ridiculous precision jumps to get to some of those shards (there's one particular one in the Hinterlands in the valley with the Fereldan Frostback and its wyrmlings, which up until I week ago my friends and I had dubbed 'The Valley of No'. I think I spent thirty minutes jumping around like an idiot, trying to scale up to the shard.)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Rakshaka wrote:
I love the game, have been enjoying it since I got it (60+ hours into it). That said, the platforming DRIVES ME NUTS. The game isn't a platformer by design; the controls aren't precise enough and the map texturing isn't done well enough for it to be remotely considered in that vein, yet I find myself having to do ridiculous precision jumps to get to some of those shards (there's one particular one in the Hinterlands in the valley with the Fereldan Frostback and its wyrmlings, which up until I week ago my friends and I had dubbed 'The Valley of No'. I think I spent thirty minutes jumping around like an idiot, trying to scale up to the shard.)

That last Shard was the only thing I've watched a guide for. When I saw the video of how to do the jump I was like:

"Oh, I see."

The platforming might be imperfect but I'm really glad that Bioware is willing to experiment and try new things.

I like the mount but rarely use it because I like picking up crafting materials. I need so much Elfroot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I don't know, there aren't that many places where you really need to platform (although it helps to get to places you are not supposed to go yet, sometimes). The shards are almost always reachable by running around and trying to get to them from a better spot, i.e. there is normally some sort of path to them, if you come from the right direction.

What drives me crazy is the sloooow climbing of ladders and the Hissing Wastes, which are way too big and empty.

Also, too big zones with not enough content. Collection quests don't really count, I can do MMO's for that. Currently, I am level 20 already and still have at least two entire zones to do before I go into the endgame. Haven't even finished Hissing Wastes yet and still got to kill a lot of dragons.

I hope Witcher 3 fills its world a bit better, with more story content.


Just for those who are still having issues-patch day tomorrow apparently.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And it only took them three weeks to maybe possibly fix what shouldn't have been broken to begin with.

Liberty's Edge

Well, supposedly your companions are supposed to banter almost constantly, so that would fill out some of the emptiness when fixed.

Also, sadly, anyone who's played The Old Republic knows this isn't Bioware's first brush with platforming. Just be thankful they didn't include anything like the Makeb endurance datacron.

I still have nightmares.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Oh, hell, no. There's no comparison between the light climbing sessions you get to do here, compared to the insane, ten to twenty minutes, one-wrong-jump-start-over, can't-even-find-them-most-of-the-time, datacrons.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Rakshaka wrote:
I love the game, have been enjoying it since I got it (60+ hours into it). That said, the platforming DRIVES ME NUTS. The game isn't a platformer by design; the controls aren't precise enough and the map texturing isn't done well enough for it to be remotely considered in that vein, yet I find myself having to do ridiculous precision jumps to get to some of those shards (there's one particular one in the Hinterlands in the valley with the Fereldan Frostback and its wyrmlings, which up until I week ago my friends and I had dubbed 'The Valley of No'. I think I spent thirty minutes jumping around like an idiot, trying to scale up to the shard.)

I have also really been enjoying Dragon Age Inquisition as well. However, I am not much of a platforming fan either. I have beaten the game on hard and playing nightmare atm. I discovered you really do not need to worry about those shards. You can get all the bonuses you need between dragon loot and crafting.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I found that going after the shards leads to exploring the map further, which makes you find other important locations.


Krensky wrote:

Then you'll be disappointed.

There is no save import, just the world state you set up at the Keep.

Even for the PC version?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

There is no traditional save import.

You need to go to The Keep website answer the questions to make a custom world state and then import that into DA:I.


Disappointing indeed. Well still im going to finish DA2 first, so I don't have to go with some arbitrary decisions, it'll still be my own story.

Liberty's Edge

You should play it and the DLC anyway, otherwise you'll be confused about some points and some of the character development with Cullen, Cassandra and Varric, along with some of the names mentioned in various places, will seem flat.

Sovereign Court

Anyone experiencing weird bugs on PC ?
I have the game crash when unequipping equipment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stereofm wrote:

Anyone experiencing weird bugs on PC ?

I have the game crash when unequipping equipment.

This new patch fixed the issues I was having, and introduced new ones.

Namely that all of my character's dialogue is missing (I pick a dialogue option from the wheel, there's a significant period of silence, then whoever I'm talking to responds to what I said) and I get crashes to desktop after about half an hour.

This is by far the worst game Bioware has shat out.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Playing on XBox 360, some minor glitches, but my companions have been more talkative since the patch. I'm really enjoying this game.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rynjin wrote:
Stereofm wrote:

Anyone experiencing weird bugs on PC ?

I have the game crash when unequipping equipment.

This new patch fixed the issues I was having, and introduced new ones.

Namely that all of my character's dialogue is missing (I pick a dialogue option from the wheel, there's a significant period of silence, then whoever I'm talking to responds to what I said) and I get crashes to desktop after about half an hour.

This is by far the worst game Bioware has shat out.

It's a matter of statistics. I'm pretty sure for all games, especially in the first months of their release, some people experience debilitating bugs to their gaming experience. For sure that happened with previous Bioware games as well. Patches are a very common thing and they often transition the game from unplayable to playable for some people.

This time you found yourself screwed by the gods of fate. Unless you have actual statistics that show serious bugs are considerably more prevalent in this game than other Bioware games, there's no reason to think it's the worst game they made on a technical aspect. You saying it's the worst is similar to somebody buying a new flavor of juice to find something went wrong with the liquid in their specific can, and proclaiming the new flavor to be the lowest quality the company ever made, ignoring the fact that it's virtually impossible to avoid having SOME cans of juice go bad. Law of large numbers.

All of that, of course, is pretty hard to accept when you are the one suffering from all the bugs...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Take a glance at their forums, some time.

I'm not nearly the only one suffering these bugs. The forum consists of basically two people, near as I can tell: People with crippling bugs, and some people without who go on a blind fanboy rant about how anybody with bugs obviously has a terrible computer and should take their "whining" elsewhere.

And no, not ALL games have serious debilitating bugs during the first few months of release. That's a pretty recent phenomenon.

Just because some games are worse (AssCreedU, frex), doesn't mean this isn't BAD, an certainly the worst in terms of bugs that Bioware's made.

The bugs in previous games were mostly limited to little exploits and some broken quests. There's a quite wide variety of game breaking bugs in this game.


Debilitating...recent....

Pools of Radiance...erasing OS....

Is that a recent phenomenon?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Finished the game today after 107 hours. My verdict: Lots of tedious filler with a decent main plot but a weak main villain. The companions (always the defining and most important element in a BioWare game) were okay (half) to mediocre to outright despicable. The best companion was about as exciting as Jimmy Vega from Mass Effect 3. The romance I got was pretty bland, too.

Otherwise, a solidly constructed game, but not a very exciting one.

7,5 out of 10.


GreyWolfLord wrote:

Debilitating...recent....

Pools of Radiance...erasing OS....

Is that a recent phenomenon?

And here I was thinking hardware didn't affect software this way.


magnuskn wrote:

Finished the game today after 107 hours. My verdict: Lots of tedious filler with a decent main plot but a weak main villain. The companions (always the defining and most important element in a BioWare game) were okay (half) to mediocre to outright despicable. The best companion was about as exciting as Jimmy Vega from Mass Effect 3. The romance I got was pretty bland, too.

Otherwise, a solidly constructed game, but not a very exciting one.

7,5 out of 10.

harsh rating from the Russian judge?


Freehold DM wrote:
GreyWolfLord wrote:

Debilitating...recent....

Pools of Radiance...erasing OS....

Is that a recent phenomenon?

And here I was thinking hardware didn't affect software this way.

Hardware can affect software just fine.

It's software affecting hardware in the manner you described that's pretty far fetched.

Liberty's Edge

It's not. It's software effecting software in an OS without proper access control. I'm assuming he means the more recent version of Pools, which was for Win95 and would delete OS system files if you uninstalled the unpatched game.

More recently, the unpatched version of Starcraft II melted GPUs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
magnuskn wrote:

Finished the game today after 107 hours. My verdict: Lots of tedious filler with a decent main plot but a weak main villain. The companions (always the defining and most important element in a BioWare game) were okay (half) to mediocre to outright despicable. The best companion was about as exciting as Jimmy Vega from Mass Effect 3. The romance I got was pretty bland, too.

Otherwise, a solidly constructed game, but not a very exciting one.

7,5 out of 10.

harsh rating from the Russian judge?

A solid game with some obvious flaws. I am not a game magazine where an 85% is already considered a bad rating by fanboys. Given how many other better games I've played in the past, giving overenthusiastic ratings seems like making a bad precedent to me.


Krensky wrote:

It's not. It's software effecting software in an OS without proper access control. I'm assuming he means the more recent version of Pools, which was for Win95 and would delete OS system files if you uninstalled the unpatched game.

More recently, the unpatched version of Starcraft II melted GPUs.

Yeppers, that's the one.

Someone mentioned recent phenomena...and thought that version of PoR might not quite fall into what one would consider recent...

but you never know.

I believe it also deleted the OS system files for Win98 as well...not sure about XP though (I think XP was the one I used it on though).

Liberty's Edge

If you want old examples of software breaking hardware... Lace cards and washing machine mode.

The Exchange

Rynjin wrote:

Take a glance at their forums, some time.

I'm not nearly the only one suffering these bugs. The forum consists of basically two people, near as I can tell: People with crippling bugs, and some people without who go on a blind fanboy rant about how anybody with bugs obviously has a terrible computer and should take their "whining" elsewhere.

And no, not ALL games have serious debilitating bugs during the first few months of release. That's a pretty recent phenomenon.

Just because some games are worse (AssCreedU, frex), doesn't mean this isn't BAD, an certainly the worst in terms of bugs that Bioware's made.

The bugs in previous games were mostly limited to little exploits and some broken quests. There's a quite wide variety of game breaking bugs in this game.

Agree with basically all you say here but not that any of these points lead to the conclusion that "This is by far the worst game Bioware has shat out.". In time the numbers will be known better and we could say with more certainty what's going on here. Then we'll know how bad things are.

And my memory may be misleading me but I seem to recall there were serious bugs with ME 3 too when it was released.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I can get on board with a 7.5, though my actual satisfaction with it 73 hours in is much closer to a 9. Part of that, though, is that I completely ignore the four party members I don't think are worthwhile companions (Iron Bull, Dorian, Varric and Cole). The tedium of ver batim quest repeats doesn't bother me either (although I stopped doing requisition quests circa the third zone altogether, not like I need the power with nearing 270 in reserve). Other than the directx crashes (which are down to every 3-4 hours instead every 1 since the patch) and hundreds of visual artifacts, its been a pretty smooth experience for me.

I do suggest if you're PC'ing it to use a controller.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
archmagi1 wrote:

I can get on board with a 7.5, though my actual satisfaction with it 73 hours in is much closer to a 9. Part of that, though, is that I completely ignore the four party members I don't think are worthwhile companions (Iron Bull, Dorian, Varric and Cole). The tedium of ver batim quest repeats doesn't bother me either (although I stopped doing requisition quests circa the third zone altogether, not like I need the power with nearing 270 in reserve). Other than the directx crashes (which are down to every 3-4 hours instead every 1 since the patch) and hundreds of visual artifacts, its been a pretty smooth experience for me.

I do suggest if you're PC'ing it to use a controller.

Yeah, my rating would be a 9 or so as well at this point. I beat the game once on hard and playing through again on nightmare to check out different paths / companion interactions / abilities. In particular, been listening to comments that reflect on the post credits cut scene.

I am playing on a console (Xbox one) so only a couple of minor bugs to speak of. The most annoying which was cut scenes stopping for a minute or two before continuing. This was resolved with the patch thou. Having a game run smoothly makes a large difference to a lot of people. I still remember how bad Skyrim ran on the ps3.

In regards to the companions, I rather like Varric's banter with Cassandra. Dorian's banter with Iron Bull serves to highlight the problems with the Qun. Living under the Qun sounds pretty scary especially if you are a mage. Sera and Vivienne were the two characters that I really disliked.

Of my advisors, Leliana is a very scary person by the end of the game. Also, the post credits scene obviously leads to an expansion or something. Still, the teaser was a decent way to promote interest.


Anyone find more than 10 of the 12 mosaic pieces for the Hinterlands?

Sovereign Court

Finished it as a Dalish Archer after 107 hours. Excellent game, though I am rather confused by who became divine, cause that is who I def.did NOT support.

And to answer Black Dougals question, I only completed 1 mosaic, which was the one from the Hissing Wastes. Missing 1 or 2 for the other 3. Missing 1 song as well, but found all the bottles.


So I am playing on the 360 and I have a question. Can you only use powers you mapped to your buttons? I remember Origins had the mapping but the spiral menu as well.

Sovereign Court

You only have the 8 powers, though you can switch them out as needed.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

So I finished the game last night, and even tho it auto leveled corypheus and lirium Dragon to my level, it was a bit of a letdown difficulty wise. Sure it ate six potions in the Dragon fight but the supply crate after took care of that.

As far as the whole post credits party member twist goes, I had it figured out during the temple of mythal quest based on the mural elfen iconography and the party members responses to morrigans smarty pantsness. Didn't see the soul stealing coming tho, particularly after the whole ordeal just before the final mission.

Anyway 9/10, would play again after major dlc or expansion comes out.


The game constantly crashes for me and I have a pretty high-end system with all updated drivers etc. It is cut scenes that seem to do it and I've exhausted all avenues to fix it and am hoping for a patch.

These are not little crashes to the desktop, these full on reboot my computer for me. I've not seen these types of crashes since the 90's boom of buggy computer games.

It took me a long time to get started. After spending 30+ minutes crafting my character it crashed multiple times right at the opening scene when your hero steps out and looks at the first rift in the sky. So...after the crash I have to remake my character all over again. Took me three tries and I got through the cutscene.

So right now I save the game before every potential cutscene and entering the war room and just hope for the best.

It's frustrating because Dragon age origins is far and above my favorite game and I've been looking forward to Inquisition for a long time. When it's not crashing it's a wonderful gaming experience but the bugs are wearing on me.

-MD

Sovereign Court

Cutscenes are choppy for me too. It's kinda annoying.

I've read somewhere that ATI owners experience more problems than NVIDIA owners.


Very true, I swapped out my ATI card for a NVIDIA card after having problems installing the game. Even though my NVIDia card is 4 years old the game runs pretty smoothly..resolution at 65% though as at 100% things slow to a crawl

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I've been running a Radeon 5670 on medium settings with only the DirectX crashes.


My NVidia card had a driver update last night. After installation I played and got through several cut scenes and was thinking my prayers were answered and that this Christmas miracle was a sign that there is a god. 30 minutes later DAI crashed and I am agnostic once again.

Humbug!


I'm sorry so many people are having trouble with their copy during the holiday season.

Sovereign Court

I'm fine with mine. Still not done with Hinterlands. I assume that

Spoiler:
I cannot in any madness defeat the dragon? I kinda need those shards


I'm not having real troubles,closing to 90 hours at yet have to do a lot of things.
Cutscenes have a slower framerate and encountered few bugs, but nothing gamebreaking.
Killed today the abyssal high dragon in the western approaches and couple of days ago the ferelden frostback in the hinterlands, still think the game lacks innovation but it is a big improvement in the saga.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Hama, that Dragon is one of the hardest with how often he calls minions. I wouldn't chance it til twelve, tho could be done with right setup earlier. If you wait until after the big fight at haven, you get an extra power and it gets easier to knock off a good deal of Dragon hp at the start.


Hama wrote:
I'm fine with mine. Still not done with Hinterlands. I assume that ** spoiler omitted **

Yeah, that was the one area of the Hinterlands that I left unfinished during my initial foray, after also trying to fully complete it and realized that I might have to wait a few levels before being ready to do so...


Overall, I'm some 90+ hours in and still going strong. I haven't run into any significant bugs (for which I'm grateful, after Dragon Age 2 left me with my main character unable to function in combat for the second half of the game.) There are a few areas where bugs seem to prevent some collection quests from being completable (I can't seem to find the last region in the Exalted Plains, I can't get any Crystal Grace seeds, etc), but that's the worst of it - and those issues are nuisances more than anything else.

151 to 200 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Video Games / Dragon Age: Inqusistion anyone else picking it up? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.