Comrade Anklebiter's Fun-Timey Revolutionary Socialism Thread


Off-Topic Discussions

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,749 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fergie wrote:
This one was very different because the NYPD had the WHOLE area blocked off for the Bernie rally that was going on nearby in Washington Square Park

Comrade Kshama and La Principessa's Union Sister with the Impressive Collection of Dick Pics were among those opening for him in Foley Square today.

La Principessa's Single Mother Comrade and Her ADHD-Diagnosed 8-Year-Old Son came up to visit and tomorrow we're going down to hear a guy named Jeffrey B. Perry lecture on Hubert Harrison.

We've been trying to get him to come up to Lowell and we feel we've got a better chance if we bring La Principessa's Single Mother Comrade who used to date one of his union brothers back in the 80s when they were taking their postal workers union local back from the mob.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

{sekritly crushes on Rosario Dawson some more}


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Red Diaper Babies: La Principessa's Single Mother Comrade's 8-Year-Old ADHD-Diagnosed Son and Comrade Who Was Published in Jacobin's Twins pretending to be cannibals hunting humans

I like these kids. Die, pinkskins, die!!


Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
{sekritly crushes on Rosario Dawson some more}

Yeah I've had a fondness for her since she got arrested at the 2004 RNC in NYC, and spent the night in jail. Also, seeing her nekkid in a movie or two didn't hurt...


There's a pic of her out there using a Socialist Alternative bullhorn.

The Jeffrey Perry event went off like gangbusters whether it was because we brought La Principessa's Single Mother, etc., or whether it was because we were the only people in the room under sixty. Said he'd come up to Lowell anytime, even if only to talk to a few people.

Then we went to a Regional Debate on feeling the bern, but I missed quite a chunk of it due to ADHD-diagnosed 8-year-olds. I later confessed to his mother that I wished it was the fifties when you could smack other people's children. She laughed. Also, picked up a copy of a nerdy comrade's new pamphlet, a Game of Thrones-inspired publication called "The Committee for a Westeros International."

Later, had phone sex with La Principessa, because, you know, we need more emotional confusion in our lives.


And a Vice article that Mr. Comrade found for me:

This Woman Turned Her Collection of Unsolicited Dick Pics into an Art Show


Comrades of Mine in the News

I didn't really pay attention to the second Million Student March, but during the first one Neil Cavuto from Fox Business News interviewed one of my Boston students comrades and pretty much wiped the floor with her.

They must've thought they'd have as easy a time the second time around because they invited us back and the resulting video has apparently gone viral.

Cavuto and 'Million Student March' Organizer Clash on Education, Free College

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but the last five or so minutes are fun.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, all my local environmentalist buddies who've been working on this are calling it a success:

Kinder Morgan Suspends Work, Spending On Pipeline Project


2 people marked this as a favorite.

After a month or so, I think La Principessa and I are back together.

[Erases any mention of Amy Berard in this thread]

Scarab Sages

What IS it with you two? You could almost be Archie Comics characters!


[Shrugs]

We're both half Italian; drama's in our genes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So long as the stilettos and aqua tofana are kept safely out of the way, everything will be fine, I'm sure.


Aqua tofana


Ciao, Comrade Anklebiter!
I don't know if you happen to be in Milan right now (April 22 and 23, more exactly), but I'm posting this link for you and the other revolutionary socialists in the Paizo forums:

https://www.welcometonorthkorea.org/

Be LEADER JUST FOR ONE DAY!


Ciao! Tried clicking on yr link, paisan, but my computer said it wasn't safe. :(

I will forward it to my all-purpose Asian Stalinist friend, however.


Thanks!


Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
Ciao! Tried clicking on yr link, paisan, but my computer said it wasn't safe. :(

Same here, but I never pay heed to Micro$oft and its browsers.

The site is safe, Our Glorious Leader Says So.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xE3oLGAYQ

Liberty's Edge

But what does the albino sea cucumber say?

Scarab Sages

Krensky wrote:
But what does the albino sea cucumber say?

"Yiff?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Krensky wrote:
But what does the albino sea cucumber say?

Krensky, sea cucumbers can't talk.

But if they could, they'd say 'Happy birthday Lenin'


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Or possibly, "Get out of my arse, you bloody eel!"


Certainly, if things are going particularly well.

Scarab Sages

Limeylongears wrote:
Krensky wrote:
But what does the albino sea cucumber say?

Krensky, sea cucumbers can't talk.

But if they could, they'd say 'Happy birthday Lenin'

Holy April Fools! I knew I shared a birthday with the Queen (and now, the death of Prince), and came just after Hitler, but I never knew the bookend on the other side was Lenin!

Liberty's Edge

Limeylongears wrote:
Krensky wrote:
But what does the albino sea cucumber say?
Krensky, sea cucumbers can't talk.

I know that. It's North Korea that is confused on the issue.

Scarab Sages

OneTrueBaldo wrote:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xE3oLGAYQ

North Korea should be very proud - in a world where satire has become the most unstoppable of all weapons, and wicked regimes crumble before it one by one, theirs alone is the one that has figured out how to make themselves impervious to it.


[Vo Giap, Ambassador of Bachuan]I don't think the albino sea cucumber says anything. It just shows up and shines its heavenly mandate on the next Kim.[/VG,AoB]

Anyway, the Occupy NH alumni were showing the new Michael Moore flick at the UU church in Manchester. I went, but I missed a bunch of the movie because I was dirty texting La Principessa and then had to sneak out into the lobby to finish the job. They had an impressive turnout, about 80 ppl, but I suspect half of them were the regular parishioners. Handed out a bunch of Jeffrey Pendleton leaflets. (Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the authorities are claiming he died from a fentanyl overdose. Haven't seen the family's response yet.)

Yesterday walked the Verizon lines in the rain for about an hour before we went out to eat with newly-graduated comrade who just got back from partying for a month in Guatemala.

Back to the lines after another comrade gets out of work. Phone worker picket lines are fun, it's, like, all mommies, who make sure you have a poncho and an umbrella.


I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Krensky wrote:
But what does the albino sea cucumber say?

Krensky, sea cucumbers can't talk.

But if they could, they'd say 'Happy birthday Lenin'

Holy April Fools! I knew I shared a birthday with the Queen (and now, the death of Prince), and came just after Hitler, but I never knew the bookend on the other side was Lenin!

Happy birthday for the 21st, IHIYC :)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I only have one thing to say at this time:

Red Kangs are best!


I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:
OneTrueBaldo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xE3oLGAYQ
North Korea should be very proud - in a world where satire has become the most unstoppable of all weapons, and wicked regimes crumble before it one by one, theirs alone is the one that has figured out how to make themselves impervious to it.

OK, the Milan event has been a success! And got news from Our Beloved Leader that non-Italians socialists in the U.S. and South Korea will get to experience the bliss of bootlicking *KIM*, and in the near future!

For now, I give you a sample of the marvelous MADE IN NORTH KOREA goods (just ignore the Italian stuff):

http://www.basezero.it/pdf/catalogo-AstaKim.pdf

Scarab Sages

OneTrueBaldo wrote:
I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:
OneTrueBaldo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xE3oLGAYQ
North Korea should be very proud - in a world where satire has become the most unstoppable of all weapons, and wicked regimes crumble before it one by one, theirs alone is the one that has figured out how to make themselves impervious to it.

OK, the Milan event has been a success! And got news from Our Beloved Leader that non-Italians socialists in the U.S. and South Korea will get to experience the bliss of bootlicking *KIM*, and in the near future!

For now, I give you a sample of the marvelous MADE IN NORTH KOREA goods (just ignore the Italian stuff):

http://www.basezero.it/pdf/catalogo-AstaKim.pdf

...

I officially can no longer distinguish between satire and "Reality."

Sovereign Court

Comrade Anklebiter, is it true what they say? Is support for trump rising amongst the union rank and file?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/26/us-unions-donald-trump-us-el ection-2016?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm so sick of them referring to "Trump's populist message" - it's a fascist message. The difference is so easy to understand:

Populism tries to elevate and advance people by appealing to the best in them.

Fascism is a mean-spirited parody of populism that aims to keep people down by appealing to the worst in them.

Whereas Juche, evidently, is an attempt to keep a house of cards stable by confusing the everliving f*+* out of everybody, foreign and domestic (i.e., "*Did I really just watch a Terry Gilliam animation of post-apocalyptic singing Teletubby-killer tomato hybrids...?*").

Liberty's Edge

I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:

I'm so sick of them referring to "Trump's populist message" - it's a fascist message. The difference is so easy to understand:

Populism tries to elevate and advance people by appealing to the best in them.

Fascism is a mean-spirited parody of populism that aims to keep people down by appealing to the worst in them.

Whereas Juche, evidently, is an attempt to keep a house of cards stable by confusing the everliving f+$* out of everybody, foreign and domestic (i.e., "*Did I really just watch a Terry Gilliam animation of post-apocalyptic singing Teletubby-killer tomato hybrids...?*").

No, populism is merely an appeal to the "ordinary" people. Populism is always potentially dangerous because that's where Fascism starts.


Robert Hawkshaw wrote:

Comrade Anklebiter, is it true what they say? Is support for trump rising amongst the union rank and file?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/26/us-unions-donald-trump-us-el ection-2016?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Hello, Comrade Hawkshaw!

Beats me. I only know of one Trump supporter in my shop (and one Kasich supporter), but, then again, I work in Massachusetts, "bluest of the blue." I have heard The Black Goblin opining that if it comes down to the Donald versus Killary, he'd rather vote for Trump based on his anti-NAFTA, anti-TPP position, but I've noticed him veering to the right under the influence of his Dreadlocked Libertarian Wife who was devastated when Rand Paul dropped out. He did, however, DM my first game of 5th edition last Saturday. He ruled that I couldn't be a nobleman, so I dropped Aloysius Ambrose d'Abelmarle and instead created Piter Pettigrew, a paladin blacksmith.

As for populism, it can go either way. Quite instructive would be the example of Tom Watson and the Southern Populists who initially, in the late 19th century, forged a heroic alliance of poor white and black sharecroppers but later became a virulent white supremacist.

As for this week...tomorrow going to a rally for Verizon strikers before work and then over to Lawrence for another possible Amy Dube sighting (La Principessa decided to celebrate our getting back together by not coming up during her vacation and, instead, cry in bed and not leave the apartment for seven days straight); Friday will see me at a rally for UMass Lowell adjunct faculty (please sign the petition!); and Saturday will see me travelling down to Boston for the
Building Socialism, Building Our Movements Conference.
I am most excited to see Vijay Prashad speak and Comrade Gerry from Workers World giving his "Red, Black, and Queer" slideshow presentation.

Sunday, of course, is May Day, so look for a Verizon rally or immigrant rights demonstration near you! I'll be at work, alas. I already banged out one Sunday in the past month.


Commie article on Verizon


Comrade Anklebiter in an another thread wrote:
I only ever took one cultural anthropology course and I was stoned through most of it and the professor was gorgeous, but still: from what I recall, hunter-gatherer bands were, well, communist. I remember, in particular, with being impressed with something called "prestige avoidance," but the details are kind of hazy because, well, I spent the whole class high staring at the teacher's ass.

And it turns out she's union strong!

"'Our effort began with a simple but clear demand: Boston University should value teaching,' Laurie LaPorte, a lecturer in Anthropology at the College of Arts & Sciences, said in a statement. 'Corporatization in higher education is a growing concern here in Boston and across the country. With the support of our campus community, we’ve secured an agreement that begins to return the focus to what matters most – what happens in the classroom.'"

Adjunct faculty at Boston University reach tentative contract settlement--Under the new three-year settlement, wages for adjuncts will increase.


Comrades of Mine in the News, or; More Professors

Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

VIDEO: 41 People Arrested Protesting CUNY Cuts at Cuomo's Midtown Office

Which, I've heard, led Governor Cuomo to reverse himself and fully fund CUNY. Don't quote me on that, I haven't really been following it, but one of La Principessa's NYC professor comrades was involved in organizing it, so I've heard bits.

Gettin' published in Truthout.

Sanders May Be All but Finished, but the Fight for a Better Future Is Not

[DJdD]Decided not to go to Lawrence due to, a) fidelity; and, b) I'm broke.[/DJdD]


1 person marked this as a favorite.

May Day march today (early rather than late, for once). It was alright. The Revolutionary Communist Group turned up; I had no idea that they had any sort of local presence at all.

Afterwards, the CPers amongst us had a meeting with a (British born) member of the Communist Party of Venezuela who was temporarily back in this country and got an interesting analysis of the present situation there from a leftwards perspective.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
Robert Hawkshaw wrote:

Comrade Anklebiter, is it true what they say? Is support for trump rising amongst the union rank and file?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/26/us-unions-donald-trump-us-el ection-2016?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Hello, Comrade Hawkshaw!

Beats me. I only know of one Trump supporter in my shop (and one Kasich supporter), but, then again, I work in Massachusetts, "bluest of the blue." I have heard The Black Goblin opining that if it comes down to the Donald versus Killary, he'd rather vote for Trump based on his anti-NAFTA, anti-TPP position, but I've noticed him veering to the right under the influence of his Dreadlocked Libertarian Wife who was devastated when Rand Paul dropped out. He did, however, DM my first game of 5th edition last Saturday. He ruled that I couldn't be a nobleman, so I dropped Aloysius Ambrose d'Abelmarle and instead created Piter Pettigrew, a paladin blacksmith.

As for populism, it can go either way. Quite instructive would be the example of Tom Watson and the Southern Populists who initially, in the late 19th century, forged a heroic alliance of poor white and black sharecroppers but later became a virulent white supremacist.

As for this week...tomorrow going to a rally for Verizon strikers before work and then over to Lawrence for another possible Amy Dube sighting (La Principessa decided to celebrate our getting back together by not coming up during her vacation and, instead, cry in bed and not leave the apartment for seven days straight); Friday will see me at a rally for UMass Lowell adjunct faculty...

I know there's some surprising (to me)support for Trump in my union. Which is weird seeing as it could not, by law, be shipped overseas and considering that he's stated he'd like to shut us down since we're federal. I happen to work in Maine which seems to have a deep angry conservative streak running through it, so that likely has more to do with it than anything else i suspect.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy May Day!

Going down to a rally for Verizon strikers before I head off to work.

Yesterday's Boston Socialist Unity Conference was fun. Ran into a lot of old friends and new, including a guy I was in the Sparts with 20 years ago.

Haven't done the leftist bingo tally yet, but I'm sure there were lots of points, especially since celebrity leftist Vijay Prashad is reported to be a member of the Communist Party of India (Marxist).

U.S. Imperialism: Past and Present


Anarchists for Bernie on May Day


Forgot to mention that at the conference I met Howie Hawkins, whom, if memory serves me correctly, Comrade Fergie voted for in the last New York gubernatorial election.

We discussed our common employer.


Afeni Shakur, mother of hip-hop legend Tupac, dead at 69

Also, part of the Panther 21


Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Forgot to mention that at the conference I met Howie Hawkins, whom, if memory serves me correctly, Comrade Fergie voted for in the last New York gubernatorial election.

We discussed our common employer.

Wow! I think you have a better memory of who I voted for then I do! But traveling back to those heady days of 2010, 2014... sigh.

How is the "screw UPS" newsletter/organization these days?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but here's the last three articles on the "UPS Management Is Total Scum" fb page:

Looming German Airport-Staff Strike Threatens UPS Operations

UPS Airlines mechanics plan to picket proposed health care cuts

Fayette judge denies contact with jurors in $5 million UPS verdict

I'm not sure if the FB link will work if you're not logged in, but I will try nonetheless:

U P S Management is Total Scum


Kwame Somburu, ¡Presente!

Includes a video of him on William F. Buckley's show when he was running for Vice-President of the United States on the Socialist Workers Party ticket.

Did some more Verizon picket line walking and later today am going to a march in Concord (
March for a raise and moral economy!
) and then rush back down to Lowell for tonight's Thursday at the Theatre showing of Matewan. (NSFW)

Also got Comrade Gerry from Workers World to agree to give his "Red, Black and Queer" presentation up here. Huzzah!


Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

later today am going to a march in Concord (

March for a raise and moral economy!)...

Best moment:

The guy from this video (1:40)

at the head of about 40 demonstrators inside a KFC waving this sign (which the fast food strikers had absconded with after the April 14th action)

in the face of a supervisor while chanting

"Live free or die!/We can't survive on $7.25!

Vive le Galt!


2nd best was when First-Generation Romanian-American contact showed up with his long-flowing tresses and sharp, Slavic* features, looking like an elf, with a home-made red flag.

Speaking of "Vive le Galt!", today turns out to be Robespierre's birthday.

[Clenched fist salute]

---
*Ignorant American footnote: are Romanians Slavs?


Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
[Clenched fist salute]

Speaking of [Clenched fist salute], I was troubled to read this article:

West Point investigating photo of cadets with raised fists

While the idea of black women getting in trouble for something like this in 2016 seems crazy, the possible punishments could be devastating. West Point has some really hardcore rules, and punishments for even minor violations can result in suspensions, expulsions, repeating entire years, and even being forced to pay for past years of schooling at ivy league prices. (West Point generally does not charge students money to attend).


Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
Phone worker picket lines are fun, it's, like, all mommies, who make sure you have a poncho and an umbrella.

For an early Mother's Day

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,749 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Comrade Anklebiter's Fun-Timey Revolutionary Socialism Thread All Messageboards