Downloads


Adventures


When will the downloads be available for subscribers? (I saw that I was just charged for D1)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Just a guess, but I think the download will be available as soon as the module hits the stands, which should be at the 5th of July.
But that's just me spinning thoughts.


Just to tie these together:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizo/products/v5748btpy7wix&page= 2#223909

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

You get access to the PDF when we ship the print copy from our warehouse. You'll get another email telling you when that has happened.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Woo Hoo!!!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Wait - did I get this right that with a subscription to the modules I get them as pdf as well?

If so, I have to cancel my order at my FLGS and subscribe immediatelly...

Dark Archive Contributor

Dryder wrote:

Wait - did I get this right that with a subscription to the modules I get them as pdf as well?

If so, I have to cancel my order at my FLGS and subscribe immediatelly...

That's right.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

There I was putting that subscription into my Shopping Cart, went to the check-out and...stopped ordering!
With shipping costs at 6.4$ this module would cost me 19$!!! Damn, I know shipping is needed and Paizo is doing its best at keeping it low, but 19$ for a 32-page module is too much for me. In this case I, sadly, has to give up on the pdfs... that's sad!
Well, I think I have to move to the US in this case ;)

Why was it that the shipping costs for the Dungeon & Dragon subscription had been lower, and never felt that heavy?


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dryder wrote:

Why was it that the shipping costs for the Dungeon & Dragon subscription had been lower, and never felt that heavy?

My guess is that Dungeon & Dragon were shipped via a lower priority postage rate (actually the lowest priority in the US), so the cost was less.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Dryder wrote:

There I was putting that subscription into my Shopping Cart, went to the check-out and...stopped ordering!

With shipping costs at 6.4$ this module would cost me 19$!!! Damn, I know shipping is needed and Paizo is doing its best at keeping it low, but 19$ for a 32-page module is too much for me. In this case I, sadly, has to give up on the pdfs... that's sad!
Well, I think I have to move to the US in this case ;)

Why was it that the shipping costs for the Dungeon & Dragon subscription had been lower, and never felt that heavy?

Don't forget, that the pdf is still free if you subscribe.

Secondly, seeing that you already subscribed to Pathfinder, you can (or should) wait until the option to ship them together becomes available.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Franz Lunzer wrote:
Dryder wrote:
Secondly, seeing that you already subscribed to Pathfinder, you can (or should) wait until the option to ship them together becomes available.

Oh, if this option would be available, all things would clear up again and Paizo would rock once more! keep an eye on those option from now on. Thanx for the hint!!!

Dark Archive Contributor

Dryder wrote:
Oh, if this option would be available, all things would clear up again and Paizo would rock once more! keep an eye on those option from now on. Thanx for the hint!!!

Yes, as I understand it, that's something we're working on implementing. :) And by we I mean Gary. ;D

And yes, Dragon and Dungeon ship periodicals rate, which gets even less precedence than junk mail in the eyes of the USPS. But hey, it's relatively cheap. But hey, the USPS tends to lose periodicals a lot (see our customer service section of the messageboards).


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Mike McArtor wrote:

But hey, the USPS tends to lose periodicals a lot (see our customer service section of the messageboards).

Indeed. Horay for more reliable shipping options with Pathfinder and GameMastery Modules!!!

Sovereign Court

Gary Teter wrote:
You get access to the PDF when we ship the print copy from our warehouse. You'll get another email telling you when that has happened.

I think those emails were sent out, right?

Will we get another email with the download link?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Michael Chu wrote:

I think those emails were sent out, right?

Will we get another email with the download link?

Yesterday's e-mail was telling you we're *about* to charge your card (and if we have a problem with the card, it told you why and what to do). When your product actually ships, you'll get another e-mail that lets you know that it has shipped and that you can get the PDF.

Sovereign Court

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Mike McArtor wrote:

But hey, the USPS tends to lose periodicals a lot (see our customer service section of the messageboards).

I feel really at rest reading this.

GM Module costs 12.99 $$, and "reliable" USPS shipping another 6.41 $$.
Regarding shipping cost alternatives, I don't see any real feasable alternatives.

Hopefully the module will arrive at all...

Greetings,
Günther


Guennarr wrote:
Mike McArtor wrote:

But hey, the USPS tends to lose periodicals a lot (see our customer service section of the messageboards).

I feel really at rest reading this.

GM Module costs 12.99 $$, and "reliable" USPS shipping another 6.41 $$.
Regarding shipping cost alternatives, I don't see any real feasable alternatives.

Hopefully the module will arrive at all...

Greetings,
Günther

Ah, but your module is being sent a completely different rate than the magazines. The USPS may have trouble with periodicals, but it's actually pretty rare that they lose packages. Your module should arrive in a hearty cardboard envelope, rather than a plastic bag.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So, any idea when we can expect to see the PDF available in our Downloads for Subscribers? D1 shipped for me yesterday (Order 756122), but I have not recived an email yet and I do not have the PDF in my downloads?

Thanks.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Rauol_Duke wrote:
So, any idea when we can expect to see the PDF available in our Downloads for Subscribers? D1 shipped for me yesterday (Order 756122), but I have not recived an email yet and I do not have the PDF in my downloads?

Yeah—we have some kinks to work out in the system. We fulfilled most, if not all, of the subscriber copies yesterday, but the PDF portion of the fulfillment process didn't fire off successfully. I am hopeful that Gary can fix it today.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
We fulfilled most, if not all, of the subscriber copies yesterday, but the PDF portion of the fulfillment process didn't fire off successfully. I am hopeful that Gary can fix it today.

Go, Go Gary!!!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Vic Wertz wrote:
I am hopeful that Gary can fix it today.

...and so he did. Most Module subscribers should have e-mails and PDF access by now.

Liberty's Edge

Corey Young wrote:
...The USPS may have trouble with periodicals, but it's actually pretty rare that they lose packages. Your module should arrive in a hearty cardboard envelope, rather than a plastic bag.

Yes, despite my usual disappointment with USPS, I have never lost a package, even when deployed to Iraq, and Priority Mail arrives within a day or so of the advertised timetable. Also, I've received items from Paizo shipped in the hardshell envelope, and am pleased to report zero product damage.

The Exchange

Im not a subscriber and i can download the free pdf for the D0 module :-) Thankyou!


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

Paizo's marketing department is insidious. They heap free stuff on you like module downloads or free item card booster packs when you order something else. Then you're hooked and buy more. ;)

The Exchange

Vic Wertz wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
I am hopeful that Gary can fix it today.
...and so he did. Most Module subscribers should have e-mails and PDF access by now.

Hi Vic, I don't seem to have my PDF version yet. Should I be worried?

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

I got mine. Downloaded and took a look. It looks sweet! Can't wait for the print copy!

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
Hi Vic, I don't seem to have my PDF version yet. Should I be worried?

Aubrey, check your My Downloads page. It should be there.

The Exchange

Yes, thanks Gary, I found it now.


I dont want to wait for a hardcopy. How do I order the pdf NOW? Can I get a link please!

Paizo Employee CEO

txwad wrote:
I dont want to wait for a hardcopy. How do I order the pdf NOW? Can I get a link please!

The PDF is now available for separate purchase from the product page.

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

My print version of D1 is underway but I have no downloads available in My Downloads. I tried to add the pdf to my shopping cart but it remains at $8.99. Can you give the system a whack with a spanner, please?

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

Got my answer thanks - it hasn't been shipped quite yet, hence no download. Thanks for the quick reply from CS!


Ok, for those of us super-slow on the uptake...

I ordered D1, got it in print. It's here. Should I be expecting to be able to download a PDF version of it?

I didn't order it as a "subscription," I just ordered it (and W1) separately. This was before a subscription was possble...

Thanks

Eric Noah

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

EricNoah wrote:


I ordered D1, got it in print. It's here. Should I be expecting to be able to download a PDF version of it?

Nope. You only get the free PDF if you have a subscription.

EricNoah wrote:
I didn't order it as a "subscription," I just ordered it (and W1) separately. This was before a subscription was possble...
Tell you what, buy a subscription, send me an email at webmaster@paizo.com, and I'll cancel your preorder for W1 and give you the PDF for D1. (And you'll get the PDF for W1 when it ships.)


Gary Teter wrote:


Tell you what, buy a subscription, send me an email at webmaster@paizo.com, and I'll cancel your preorder for W1 and give you the PDF for D1. (And you'll get the PDF for W1 when it ships.)

Excellent - done!


EricNoah wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:


Tell you what, buy a subscription, send me an email at webmaster@paizo.com, and I'll cancel your preorder for W1 and give you the PDF for D1. (And you'll get the PDF for W1 when it ships.)
Excellent - done!

Just an update to say I haven't heard back from you or seen any action in my order history. Hope my e-mail didn't get blocked! :)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I've yet to receive my hard copy and just downloaded my .pdf. Has anyone received their hard copy yet?

Also, when will the first Pathfinder ship? (Sounds weird, but I actually dreamt last night that I got my first copy in the mail.)


Saurstalk wrote:

I've yet to receive my hard copy and just downloaded my .pdf. Has anyone received their hard copy yet?

Also, when will the first Pathfinder ship? (Sounds weird, but I actually dreamt last night that I got my first copy in the mail.)

Weird. I had a similar dream about two nights ago. My subscriptions page says it ships August 3rd.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

As an addendum, I just perused my .pdf of D1. LOVE IT.

It must be Christmas in Varisia. For some time I have begged and pleaded to have official copies in both book and .pdf format. Now, I can finally taste this want as a reality ... and it's NICE. (And I've yet to receive my hard copies of either D0 or D1.)

Still, one observation. I tried to open up the .pdf in Scansoft to add Bookmarks. No go.

Is there either a way Paizo can include Bookmarks with its .pdf releases (which a godsend for referencing .pdfs) or create them in such a way that we consumers can bookmark them?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Saurstalk wrote:
Is there either a way Paizo can include Bookmarks with its .pdf releases (which a godsend for referencing .pdfs) or create them in such a way that we consumers can bookmark them?

Did you download your copy before July 7? We relaxed the security settings for all of our PDFs on that date, specifically to allow comments/annotations, but that might be the trick to bookmarks, too. If you want a copy of any of your assets with the new options, just repersonalize and redownload them.

Lantern Lodge

Saurstalk wrote:
Did you download your copy before July 7? We relaxed the security settings for all of our PDFs on that date, specifically to allow comments/annotations, but that might be the trick to bookmarks, too. If you want a copy of any of your assets with the new options, just repersonalize and redownload them.

That change is not sufficient to allow the creation of bookmarks. Assuming you are using high encryption, bookmarks require enabling "Inserting, Deleting, And Rotating Pages" which I suspect you would prefer not to do. However, please count this as another vote for inclusion of bookmarks in the .pdf versions.


Takeyabue wrote:

That change is not sufficient to allow the creation of bookmarks. Assuming you are using high encryption, bookmarks require enabling "Inserting, Deleting, And Rotating Pages" which I suspect you would prefer not to do. However, please count this as another vote for inclusion of bookmarks in the .pdf versions.

You actually need a better PDF software than Adobe Reader. Check out link for PDF View (there's a link up 2 posts from my last one) that will allow you make the Bookmarks and save it.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
tdewitt274 wrote:
[You actually need a better PDF software than Adobe Reader. Check out link for PDF View (there's a link up 2 posts from my last one) that will allow you make the Bookmarks and save it.

Actually, that appears only to allow the addition of Comments. I have Nuance's Scansoft that already allows for that. But I don't want to add comments, I want to create Bookmarks that will better help to peruse the contents therein.

That said, I really don't care whether Paizo opts to relax their encryption to allow me to bookmark the project or whether Paizo does it ... I would just really like to have my .pdfs bookmarked. (This applies to Pathfinder, too.)


FWIW, here's another vote for bookmarks in PDF. Even better if Paizo does it on their end.

Although I can live without bookmarks. I'm happy just to have the annotation ability.

Liberty's Edge

Dank Grimwolf wrote:
Saurstalk wrote:

I've yet to receive my hard copy and just downloaded my .pdf. Has anyone received their hard copy yet?

Also, when will the first Pathfinder ship? (Sounds weird, but I actually dreamt last night that I got my first copy in the mail.)

Weird. I had a similar dream about two nights ago. My subscriptions page says it ships August 3rd.

Ha!! I had this dream, too. Thank God I'm not the only ubergeek here. Total freaky coolness would be getting my copy and it even vaguely matches my dream.


Andrew Turner wrote:
Dank Grimwolf wrote:
Saurstalk wrote:

I've yet to receive my hard copy and just downloaded my .pdf. Has anyone received their hard copy yet?

Also, when will the first Pathfinder ship? (Sounds weird, but I actually dreamt last night that I got my first copy in the mail.)

Weird. I had a similar dream about two nights ago. My subscriptions page says it ships August 3rd.
Ha!! I had this dream, too. Thank God I'm not the only ubergeek here. Total freaky coolness would be getting my copy and it even vaguely matches my dream.

I can see the day now. It's 930pm CT. I open the door of my apartment complex and look above the mailbox. There it is! I go inside my apartment and open the package. It looks just like the cover art!

Sorry, just wondering how dreams can be dictated by the previous experiences. Now, if you had glimpses of the inside of the book, that's another story ; )


Rhothaerill wrote:
Paizo's marketing department is insidious. They heap free stuff on you like module downloads or free item card booster packs when you order something else. Then you're hooked and buy more. ;)

If you want some free Item Cards check this link ready o print item cards

http://fav.me/d2o2xaf

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventures / Downloads All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Adventures