Dragon Compendium Errors


Dragon Compendium

51 to 100 of 122 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Dark Archive Contributor

Ledax wrote:
Since you've gone through and addressed some of the issue posted Mike, like the Savant question from Tramarius, is there any word on my question regarding the Death Master?

The death master gains spells in all ways as a wizard. Two free ones per level and then by chance or gold expenditure beyond that.


Is the Death Master’s base attack progression (same as cleric) and hit dice (d8) correct? It seems like it should be more akin to a “wizard” than a “cleric”. Overall a great product... keep up the good work!

Dark Archive Contributor

Darkson wrote:
The Lupin Race is missing it's level adjustment.

That's an intentional omission. The lupin's Level Adjustment is +0 and thus the line is left off.

Thanks, though, for bringing stuff like that to my attention so I can double-check it. :)

And while we're at it, the diabolus LA was increased for this book from +0 to +1. In case anyone was wondering. :)

Dark Archive Contributor

Razz wrote:
Also, are you guys planning to put up a Web Enhancement? An epic progression with a few epic feats for the new classes would be much obliged. :)

I can give no definitive answer on this subject, but I would advise against you ceasing respiration until such a thing appeared... ;)

Dark Archive Contributor

Tictoc wrote:

Regarding the Urban Druid:

1) There are two listing of alignments. The second one includes "lawful evil" but that should be "neutral evil" to match the other descriptions.

2) A brief description of the divine focus used by urban druids may need to be included in general spells note as the urban druid uses divine spells. Presumably this would be something that represents one of the cities that the urban druid has declared to be one of the domains (I forget the term and I do not have the book in front of me).

3) The undeath to death spell should have the Material component listing removed as the urban druid uses divine spells, there divine focus where applicable, and the urban druid really needs all the help possible given that undead is listed as one the major enemies.

Noted the first two for change/addition. The last one isn't an error. Undeath to death has a material component listing, not an arcane material component listing. You'll note on the cleric list a superscript M as well.

Dark Archive Contributor

Shini Neko Ni wrote:

The Battle Dancer has listed in its 2nd level Special "Battle dancer's performance, " I am assuming it was also going to add Dance of Reckless Bravery as the other part of that line.

My problem is that it didn't explain how the Battle Dance performance ability works at all it just goes from Unarmed Strike to the Dance of Reckless Bravery not even saying how the "Battle Dancer's Performance" works.

I am assuming it something similar to how a Bards songs work however I can't be sure, so at the moment if I am reading it right without the explanation of what Battle Dancers Performance is and how it works well...you can't really play the class very well.

If I am miss-reading this, please tell me because I wanted to use the class in my next game

Change "Battle dancer's performance," to "Dance of reckless bravery" in your mind (and in your book, if you want) and you'll have what's supposed to be. :)

Dark Archive Contributor

Bryan Moe wrote:

Is the Death Master’s base attack progression (same as cleric) and hit dice (d8) correct? It seems like it should be more akin to a “wizard” than a “cleric”. Overall a great product... keep up the good work!

I assume it's correct. They are meant to kick donkeys and chew bubbly gum, and since this is D&D they have no bubbling gum.

Also, as an NPC class, they can stand to be a little tougher to give them a bit more of a chance against those goody-two-shoes "PCs" out there. ;)

...

Bubbling gum sounds like a magic item. No, I don't want to see anyone include it in a Bazaar of the Bizarre query.

Dark Archive Contributor

Thank You!

Thanks to Razz for starting this thread. Thanks also to everyone who contributed to it. Thanks to y'all we'll be able to put together some sort of errata thingie. Stay tuned for more information concerning that!

^_^


Mike McArtor wrote:
Tictoc wrote:

Regarding the Urban Druid:

3) The undeath to death spell should have the Material component listing removed as the urban druid uses divine spells, there divine focus where applicable, and the urban druid really needs all the help possible given that undead is listed as one the major enemies.

The last one isn't an error. Undeath to death has a material component listing, not an arcane material component listing. You'll note on the cleric list a superscript M as well.

I suspect that material component superscript is an error, look at the actual detailed spell description and it shows "M/DF" listed as opposed to "M, DF". The slash normally indicates that DF can substitute for the M. As an example where both are needed, look at the detailed description of the "Hallow" spell.

As a further something to possible add to the Urban Druid notes, perhaps adding a note for the "Repair" spells that they can also target those classified as "objects" under the rules. Sort of gives them an incentive to engage in "dumpster diving".

Dark Archive Contributor

Tictoc wrote:
I suspect that material component superscript is an error, look at the actual detailed spell description and it shows "M/DF" listed as opposed to "M, DF". The slash normally indicates that DF can substitute for the M. As an example where both are needed, look at the detailed description of the "Hallow" spell.

The error is in the components line. The last paragraph of the spell's description states it as a material component, just as with hallow or [/i]unhallow[/i]. I otherwise commend your attention to detail. :)

The Exchange

A couple more nits, in the feats section:

pp. 90, 95: The prerequisite for Deceptive Dodge should be *Combat* Expertise.

p. 108: Single Blade Style should be listed as a General feat, right?

Dark Archive Contributor

Occam wrote:

A couple more nits, in the feats section:

pp. 90, 95: The prerequisite for Deceptive Dodge should be *Combat* Expertise.

p. 108: Single Blade Style should be listed as a General feat, right?

Whoopsie!

Yes, Single Blade Style is a general feat. :)


For the feat Circle Mastery, the description says that the "Circle Master" can focus on multiple opponents, presumably to use his Circle Mastery benefits on (which is normally only useable on 1 opponent, ala Circle Student). However, it says nowhere in the actual feat that it can be used against multiple opponents. Mistake in the mechanics, or mistake in the fluff? Anyone have mechanical suggestions that would be a suitable sub until an answer arises?


The anarchic bloodline feat apparently has no drawback (unlike all the other bloodline feats) in terms of spells the feat owner cannot use/know. I suspect that this is an error, and they should be restricted from using lawful spells.


No problem Mike, I figured I'd start a thread asap once I found errors and then everyone else can build on it as time went by. Thanks for coming to the attention of the thread! :D

Do you know of any possible date of when an errata will be released?

Scarab Sages

Someone asked this before, but it wasn't answered.

What's the description of the Montebank's Sudden Strike ability?

Dark Archive Contributor

pad300 wrote:
The anarchic bloodline feat apparently has no drawback (unlike all the other bloodline feats) in terms of spells the feat owner cannot use/know. I suspect that this is an error, and they should be restricted from using lawful spells.

That's right.

Dark Archive Contributor

Razz wrote:

No problem Mike, I figured I'd start a thread asap once I found errors and then everyone else can build on it as time went by. Thanks for coming to the attention of the thread! :D

Do you know of any possible date of when an errata will be released?

No yet. Naturally, once I finished compiling all the errors found a whole bunch more came to my attention.

*sigh*

;)

Dark Archive Contributor

Jobe00 wrote:

Someone asked this before, but it wasn't answered.

What's the description of the Montebank's Sudden Strike ability?

That's a ghost in the table. The montebank doesn't have sudden strike.


Some of the table prices for the poisons in "Toxins of Cerilon" (167-171) are differnet than the prices listed in their discriptive text. Ghoul Sweat and Ayala are the two that I noted (only because I was going to use them in a Dragon Ecology Article).

GGG


This is more of a nitpick, but under the Tibbit's racial traits, the darkvision trait is simply a copy-paste of the lupin darkvision trait. So it says "lupins" instead of "tibbits".
Everything else I've come across has already been mentioned. Looks good otherwise.

Dark Archive Contributor

Great Green God wrote:

Some of the table prices for the poisons in "Toxins of Cerilon" (167-171) are differnet than the prices listed in their discriptive text. Ghoul Sweat and Ayala are the two that I noted (only because I was going to use them in a Dragon Ecology Article).

GGG

Go with the description's prices. :)


Mr. McArtor, given this thread is active, can I get you to look at some questions regarding the Sha'ir class that was printed in the compendium:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/dragon/compendium/shaIrCasting


The death master's undead minion box on page 32 does not indicate whether the abilities are Ex, Sp, or Su. Also, no caster level or duration is listed for the link of the grave ability.


FYI, the grandfather plaque has a few errors....

* Initiative should be +4 (the Immobile penalty doesn't mention Initiative so it should be +0 Dex +4 Improved Initiative).
* Skills should be Diplomacy +9 ranks +3 Cha +2 Negotiator +2 Sense Motive synergy = +16, Listen +9 ranks +4 Wis +2 Alertness = +15, Sense Motive +9 ranks +4 Wis +2 Negotiator = +15, Spot +9 ranks +4 Wis +2 Alertness = +15
* Since its intelligent, unlike most constructs, and the original write up and its current write up both suggest a sense of following orders, it should probably be usually lawnful neutral alignment.


I found an error in the Magic Item-Wondrous Item section: ON the table on page 131 there are River Sandals for 47,000 gp. There are no River Sandals presented in the chapter.


The elemental demons should have the Extraplanar subtype. Also, their Environment line should read "Infinite Layers of the Abyss".


The ash demon should have one more feat. I'd recommend Spring Attack.


The fire demon appears to be missing its synergy bonuses to Balance, Jump, and Tumble (+2 higher for each).

The ice demon's attack lines should have "/19-20" added for the ice blades, since they are treated as short swords.

The ice demon's advancement line reads: 11-20 HD (Medium); 17-24 HD (Large). I'm assuming it should read 21-24 (Large).

The water demon's advancement line reads: 9-16 HD (Medium ); 13-24 HD (Large). I'm assuming it should read 17-24 HD (Large).

Dark Archive Contributor

Shade wrote:
The death master's undead minion box on page 32 does not indicate whether the abilities are Ex, Sp, or Su. Also, no caster level or duration is listed for the link of the grave ability.

Turn resistance is an extraordinary ability (Ex), link of the grave is a spell-like ability (Sp) with its caster level (which regulates duration) equal to the death master’s class level, and all others are supernatural abilities (Su).

Dark Archive Contributor

Thomas Costa wrote:

FYI, the grandfather plaque has a few errors....

* Initiative should be +4 (the Immobile penalty doesn't mention Initiative so it should be +0 Dex +4 Improved Initiative).

The error here is actually with the immobile special quality. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Replace the second, third, and fourth sentences of the immobile description with the following: “It has no Dexterity score and is not allowed to make Reflex saves (it automatically fails Reflex saves). Treat its Dexterity modifier as –5 for all purposes.”

Thomas Costa wrote:
* Skills should be Diplomacy +9 ranks +3 Cha +2 Negotiator +2 Sense Motive synergy = +16, Listen +9 ranks +4 Wis +2 Alertness = +15, Sense Motive +9 ranks +4 Wis +2 Negotiator = +15, Spot +9 ranks +4 Wis +2 Alertness = +15

Duly noted. Thanks. :)

Thomas Costa wrote:
* Since its intelligent, unlike most constructs, and the original write up and its current write up both suggest a sense of following orders, it should probably be usually lawnful neutral alignment.

That's the original alignment as well. Not sure what happened here. :\

Dark Archive Contributor

Jon O'Guin wrote:
I found an error in the Magic Item-Wondrous Item section: ON the table on page 131 there are River Sandals for 47,000 gp. There are no River Sandals presented in the chapter.

Mea culpa.


A few more:

Remove dweomervore from CR list as it is not in the book, rather in Waterdeep. ;)

Bonespitter speed is listed as 40 ft. (10 squares). I'm assuming the error is in the number of squares, as the original had it at 40 feet.

Chaoswyrd is missing the constrict writeup in its combat section.

Ciruja plant should have "Climb +8" on skills line due to having a climb speed. Its Alignment line should have an "always". The poison gas ability should use "splash weapons" rather than "grenadelike weapons" in 3.5-speak.

Ragewing is missing touch and flat-footed ACs. They should be touch 14, flat-footed 13.

Dark Archive Contributor

Shade wrote:

The fire demon appears to be missing its synergy bonuses to Balance, Jump, and Tumble (+2 higher for each).

The ice demon's attack lines should have "/19-20" added for the ice blades, since they are treated as short swords.

The ice demon's advancement line reads: 11-20 HD (Medium); 17-24 HD (Large). I'm assuming it should read 21-24 (Large).

The water demon's advancement line reads: 9-16 HD (Medium ); 13-24 HD (Large). I'm assuming it should read 17-24 HD (Large).

These and the other demon errors you brought forth have been fixed as you suggested. :)

Dark Archive Contributor

N1NJ4 wrote:
For the feat Circle Mastery, the description says that the "Circle Master" can focus on multiple opponents, presumably to use his Circle Mastery benefits on (which is normally only useable on 1 opponent, ala Circle Student). However, it says nowhere in the actual feat that it can be used against multiple opponents. Mistake in the mechanics, or mistake in the fluff? Anyone have mechanical suggestions that would be a suitable sub until an answer arises?

Change the benefits entry to read: “While in melee with the focus of your Dodge feat and using the Circle Student feat, you gain the benefits of the Circle Student feat against all the foes you threaten, and you do not suffer the normal penalty to your AC against their attacks. When attacked by creature you do not threaten, you still suffer a –2 penalty to your AC against those attacks. Note that your dodge bonus from the Dodge feat still applies only to the focus of that feat.”

Not sure why that got changed from the original source. :(

Dark Archive Contributor

Shade wrote:
Bonespitter speed is listed as 40 ft. (10 squares). I'm assuming the error is in the number of squares, as the original had it at 40 feet.

That's actually a sneak peek at fourth edition, when everything is based on 4-foot-squares. ;)

Shade wrote:
Ragewing is missing touch and flat-footed ACs. They should be touch 14, flat-footed 13.

Well I guess that just means you can't catch a ragewing flat-footed. ;D

Seriously, though, thanks Shade. :)

Dark Archive Contributor

pad300 wrote:

Mr. McArtor, given this thread is active, can I get you to look at some questions regarding the Sha'ir class that was printed in the compendium:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/dragon/compendium/shaIrCasting

Please, just call me Mike. :)

Someone beat me to a thorough writeup, but I agree with everything he said. :)


so this is what happens when i don't keep Shade busy. ;)

heh, seriously though, great work! :)


Mike McArtor wrote:
That's actually a sneak peek at fourth edition, when everything is based on 4-foot-squares. ;)

I hope they don't keep the 5-foot-step then! :P

Mike McArtor wrote:
Well I guess that just means you can't catch a ragewing flat-footed. ;D

Take that, rogues!

Mike McArtor wrote:
Seriously, though, thanks Shade. :)

I'm glad I could help out. I'll post anything else I find as I dig deeper into the book.

Dark Archive Contributor

Shade wrote:
I hope they don't keep the 5-foot-step then! :P

2-foot step. ;)

Shade wrote:
I'm glad I could help out. I'll post anything else I find as I dig deeper into the book.

At some point we're going to actually work on putting together the errata for real, so not everything you find might end up in there. But I'll be happy to continue to post to this thread. :)

Scarab Sages

In the prereqs of the Dead Eye feat is a base attack bonus of +14.
Can I believe that BAB should be +1 or +4, and if so which would it be?


A few more:

Bodak Creature Template: Missing CR. Original article said +4.

Demonically Fused Elemental: haste is listed as a special attack, but its entry appears in the SQ section.

Ghoulish and Ghastly Creatures: Paralysis duration should be reduced to 1d4+1 rounds, as with standard ghouls and ghasts.


The bleeder beholder has all-around vision with one eye.

The grandfather plaque is missing instructions on how to create the construct. (Given the great creation info on a previous construct in the book, this is especially disappointing.)

The yellow and orange dragons, both of which have fly speeds, have no wings and no explanation as to whether the art (and description) is wrong or the inclusion of a fly speed is wrong.


I take it back: The yellow dragon does have an entry explaining its flight, just not the orange dragon.


Tibbits have the "shapeshifter", rather than "shapechanger" subtype.

Although not an error, as the book was released before the change, WOTC's recent annihilation of polymorph will require a change to the tibbit's feline transformation ability.


Here's a couple that I've found. Hope I'm not just repeating ones here.

- The Yellow, Orange, and Purple Dragon's breath weapons don't list a damage type. I'm assuming that the purple deals force damage and the orange deals fire, does the yellow deal... just regular damage?

- The Sample Demonically-Fused Elemental is missing the extraplanar subtype.

- The Trap Haunt says that the creature deals bonus cold damage equal to its Charisma bonus, however the sample trap haunt is missing this bonus (it should be 1d6+4).

- Also, the trap haunt's touch attacks are calculated incorrectly. The full attack bonus for its touch attacks should be +5. Also, incorporeal creatures are unable to grapple creatures, making the included grapple score sorta useless.

- The Elemental Demons are missing the entry that explains that their attacks 'are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of damage reduction.'

- The Chaoswyrd is missing saving throw DC's for its Spell-Like Abilities.

- The Blackroot Marauder is missing its bonus HP for being a construct (its hp should total out to 84)

That's all for now. I'll report more if I find any.


I found a few more:

The Riposte feat has Weapon Finesse as a prereq, but not Weapon Focus. The benefit is for weapons with which you have Weapon Focus. The original feat was for weapons with which you have Weapon Finesse. I'm assuming this was changed since Weapon Finesse now applies to all weapons it is suited to, but I think that either Weapon Focus (chosen weapon) should be a prereq, or the benefit should be changed to "finessable weapons".

The vulcanian thunder club doesn't list the DC to Craft ammo with the Craft (alchemy) skill. The original version was 25.

Dark Archive Contributor

Shade wrote:

I found a few more:

The Riposte feat has Weapon Finesse as a prereq, but not Weapon Focus. The benefit is for weapons with which you have Weapon Focus. The original feat was for weapons with which you have Weapon Finesse. I'm assuming this was changed since Weapon Finesse now applies to all weapons it is suited to, but I think that either Weapon Focus (chosen weapon) should be a prereq, or the benefit should be changed to "finessable weapons".

The vulcanian thunder club doesn't list the DC to Craft ammo with the Craft (alchemy) skill. The original version was 25.

I think you mean the Single Blade Style feat. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :)

Dark Archive Contributor

Jobe00 wrote:

In the prereqs of the Dead Eye feat is a base attack bonus of +14.

Can I believe that BAB should be +1 or +4, and if so which would it be?

+1

Dark Archive Contributor

lby3 wrote:
The yellow and orange dragons, both of which have fly speeds, have no wings and no explanation as to whether the art (and description) is wrong or the inclusion of a fly speed is wrong.

The art is incorrect. It should have wings. Imagine them as the kind of wing an orange crocodile would have. :)

51 to 100 of 122 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Books & Magazines / Dragon Magazine / Dragon Compendium / Dragon Compendium Errors All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.