Pathfinder Secrets of Magic Special Edition

Pathfinder Secrets of Magic
Show Description For:
PDF

Add Print Edition $69.99

PDF Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Discover the untold potential of magic! Secrets of Magic, the newest hardcover rulebook for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game! Secrets of Magic brings the popular magus and summoner classes into Pathfinder Second Edition, unlocking heroes who combine magical might with martial prowess and offering command of a powerful magical companion creature. The lavishly illustrated, 256-page rulebook contains hundreds of new spells with potent offerings for all spellcasting character classes, magic items for any player character, and lore detailing the fundamental structure and theories of magic. A special section within the volume—the Book of Unlimited Magic—presents new methods of spellcasting, with elementalism, geomancy, shadow magic, rune magic, and even pervasive magic to give every place and creature in your game a magical spin!

This deluxe special edition is bound in faux leather with metallic deboss cover elements and a bound-in ribbon bookmark.

Written by Logan Bonner, Mark Seifter, and Amirali Attar Olyaee, Kate Baker, Minty Belmont, Logan Bonner, James Case, Jessica Catalan, John Compton, Katina Davis, Jesse Decker, Chris Eng, Eleanor Ferron, Leo Glass, Joan Hong, Vanessa Hoskins, Jason Keeley, Joshua Kim, Luis Loza, Ron Lundeen, Liane Merciel, David N. Ross, Ianara Natividad, Chesley Oxendine, Stephen Radney‑MacFarland, Shiv Ramdas, Mikhail Rekun, Simone D. Sallé, Michael Sayre, Mark Seifter, Sen H.H.S., Shay Snow, Kendra Leigh Speedling, Tan Shao Han, Calliope Lee Taylor, Mari Tokuda, Jason Tondro, Clark Valentine, Ruvaid Virk, Andrew White, Landon Winkler, Tonya Woldridge, and Isis Wozniakowska

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-346-1



Available Formats

Pathfinder Secrets of Magic is also available as:

Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Hero Lab Online
Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop
Pathfinder Nexus on Demiplane
Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
Archives of Nethys

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Special Edition Rulebook Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Unavailable

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO2108-SE


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

Announced for July! Product image and description are not final and may be subject to change.


I know at least one player that is super excited for Magus, and I'm looking forward to the finalized Summoner myself.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I do enjoy these special versions.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, LO Special Edition, PF Special Edition Subscriber

Personally would like it to stay consistent with the style of the other special editions, but wouldn't mind a change to the base color


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber

Has this one also been pushed back to the 25th? I would be surprised if not.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Inx wrote:
Has this one also been pushed back to the 25th? I would be surprised if not.

Yes, they will be released together.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, PF Special Edition Subscriber

Will this be available in the Rulebook SE subscription? Currently it is not. But the non-SE version is available in their subscription.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

A Real Human Being wrote:
Will this be available in the Rulebook SE subscription? Currently it is not. But the non-SE version is available in their subscription.

Yes, It will be, pending some internal processing.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Episode 1 of the #Pathfinder: Secrets of Magic Liveplay premieres at noon Pacific on YouTube.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Aaron Shanks wrote:
A Real Human Being wrote:
Will this be available in the Rulebook SE subscription? Currently it is not. But the non-SE version is available in their subscription.
Yes, It will be, pending some internal processing.

Now available.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Super excited to play my first Magus! I preordered this book so fast!!! Especially since it's the fancy red and gold version~!


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber

So I have to say that I'm fairly disappointed in the fact that the cover and spine style has changed. One of the reasons I started getting the special editions was to make a nice consistent line on my shelf. Now, Secrets of Magic is blatantly different than the rest of my PF2 core books.

The content itself is good, I just wish they hadn't apparently randomly decided to break the pattern with this one.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

FlySkyHigh wrote:

So I have to say that I'm fairly disappointed in the fact that the cover and spine style has changed. One of the reasons I started getting the special editions was to make a nice consistent line on my shelf. Now, Secrets of Magic is blatantly different than the rest of my PF2 core books.

The content itself is good, I just wish they hadn't apparently randomly decided to break the pattern with this one.

I do not think the Special Edition spines have changed. Thanks for your feedback on the regular covers.


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
FlySkyHigh wrote:

So I have to say that I'm fairly disappointed in the fact that the cover and spine style has changed. One of the reasons I started getting the special editions was to make a nice consistent line on my shelf. Now, Secrets of Magic is blatantly different than the rest of my PF2 core books.

The content itself is good, I just wish they hadn't apparently randomly decided to break the pattern with this one.

I do not think the Special Edition spines have changed. Thanks for your feedback on the regular covers.

Hi Aaron. The Spines have changed in the reduction of the amount of gold on the spine. Previous books (Core Rulebook through Bestiary 3) had "Pathfinder" and the P logo fully encased in gold, with additional tooling, and a consistent font.

https://i.imgur.com/vPqDndP.jpeg

See the attached Imgur link for my stack of books.

EDIT: As an aside, I see that the image in the description would be consistent with the previous special edition books. The one I received is not.

https://i.imgur.com/VBBQCKg.png is what I received.

https://cdn.paizo.com/image/product/catalog/PZO/PZO2108-SE.png is what is advertised.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

FlySkyHigh wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
FlySkyHigh wrote:

So I have to say that I'm fairly disappointed in the fact that the cover and spine style has changed. One of the reasons I started getting the special editions was to make a nice consistent line on my shelf. Now, Secrets of Magic is blatantly different than the rest of my PF2 core books.

The content itself is good, I just wish they hadn't apparently randomly decided to break the pattern with this one.

I do not think the Special Edition spines have changed. Thanks for your feedback on the regular covers.

Hi Aaron. The Spines have changed in the reduction of the amount of gold on the spine. Previous books (Core Rulebook through Bestiary 3) had "Pathfinder" and the P logo fully encased in gold, with additional tooling, and a consistent font.

https://i.imgur.com/vPqDndP.jpeg

See the attached Imgur link for my stack of books.

EDIT: As an aside, I see that the image in the description would be consistent with the previous special edition books. The one I received is not.

https://i.imgur.com/VBBQCKg.png is what I received.

https://cdn.paizo.com/image/product/catalog/PZO/PZO2108-SE.png is what is advertised.

I see. One of the drawbacks of working from home is that you see the final product before I do. I had no idea the change had occurred. Indeed, there is no version of Secrets of Magic that will match earlier books. This is intentional, of course.

We should expect Guns and Gears to be the same. It will not match.

I will work with the art department to get final versions of products communiacted as early as we can in the future. Ideally, this should be done before subscriptions are run.

Note that Amazon often uses our mock-up covers and never updates them. I'll work to ensure that the the image is correct on our site.


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:

I see. One of the drawbacks of working from home is that you see the final product before I do. I had no idea the change had occurred. Indeed, there is no version of Secrets of Magic that will match earlier books. This is intentional, of course.

We should expect Guns and Gears to be the same. It will not match.

I will work with the art department to get final versions of products communiacted as early as we can in the future. Ideally, this should be done before subscriptions are run.

Note that Amazon often uses our mock-up covers and never updates them. I'll work to ensure that the the image is correct on our site.

Thank you for your response Aaron. Glad I was able to help keep you informed.

I appreciate your hard work.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.
FlySkyHigh wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

I see. One of the drawbacks of working from home is that you see the final product before I do. I had no idea the change had occurred. Indeed, there is no version of Secrets of Magic that will match earlier books. This is intentional, of course.

We should expect Guns and Gears to be the same. It will not match.

I will work with the art department to get final versions of products communiacted as early as we can in the future. Ideally, this should be done before subscriptions are run.

Note that Amazon often uses our mock-up covers and never updates them. I'll work to ensure that the the image is correct on our site.

Thank you for your response Aaron. Glad I was able to help keep you informed.

I appreciate your hard work.

Thanks. I've just sent a few minutes clearly labeling the FINAL images internally on our server and I'm working with our Store Coordinator to update the images across all the Secrets of Magic versions. it may take time as she wrestles the alligator that is our store software.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Have to say I'm disappointed that the styling on the spine changed as well; a large part of me ordering the special editions was so that it would look visually appealing on my bookshelf when all the books were lined up next to each other.

Can you go into the reasoning why this change was made?

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

skizzerz wrote:

Have to say I'm disappointed that the styling on the spine changed as well; a large part of me ordering the special editions was so that it would look visually appealing on my bookshelf when all the books were lined up next to each other.

Can you go into the reasoning why this change was made?

We made this cover stand out to symbolize how it, and all other hardcover rulebooks after it, will expand the heart of the Pathfinder Second Edition RPG core rules.

Sovereign Court

Does this mean the special editions will have different designs from each other as well as the core, or just the core is one design and others a second?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gotta say I am also disappointed in the change of spine design. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering any further special edition books in the future.


This is my first post, and I am a little late to it, but I was also disappointed with the design change. The book looks great, probably even better than the earlier limited editions, but the Limited Special Editions having the same spine is what makes them work well on a shelf. Now that the spine no longer matches, it looks a little strange on the shelf. I think that the design of the cover could have met the design goal of expanding the heart of 2E, while maintaining the spine design that makes the limited editions look great together on a shelf. Now they look a bit… off.


gardinerdean wrote:
Gotta say I am also disappointed in the change of spine design. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering any further special edition books in the future.

I love the change

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Secrets of Magic Special Edition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.