Pathfinder Special Edition Rulebook Ongoing Subscription

Subscription Price: Cover Price

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

With the Pathfinder Special Edition Rulebooks subscription, we'll ship you a deluxe edition of each new volume of the Pathfinder Rulebook product line. Each special edition is bound in faux leather with metallic deboss cover elements and a bound-in ribbon bookmark.

The Pathfinder Rulebooks subscription line of products gives you the tools you need to enhance your own campaign, creating more ways to customize characters, encounter new monsters, and introduce new themes to your world. Paizo releases an average of three new Pathfinder Rulebooks annually, like Secrets of Magic, Guns & Gears, Book of the Dead, and Dark Archive.

With your ongoing Pathfinder Rulebooks Special Edition subscription, we'll send you each new installment and charge your payment method automatically as we ship each product. You only need to sign up once, and never need to worry about renewal notices or missed products. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

Aside from being up to date on the latest rules, mechanics, and options, as a Pathfinder Rulebooks Special Edition subscriber, you'll also receive:

  • A free PDF copy of each release shipped as part of your Pathfinder Rulebooks Special Edition subscription
  • Your free PDF unlocks discounts through Paizo Connect at participating Paizo licensed partners, such as Demiplane, Hero Lab, Fantasy Grounds, and Roll20.
  • The Pathfinder Rulebooks product line is one of the subscriptions which can help you qualify for the Paizo Advantage, a 15% discount on tens of thousands of gaming items from Paizo.com! More details about Paizo Advantage can be found here.

By starting a Pathfinder Rulebooks subscription, each release will be automatically bundled with any other Paizo subscription items you're subscribed to that are releasing in the same month. When you start a new subscription, any existing preorders for products covered by that subscription are automatically canceled (or have their quantity reduced by one if you've preordered more than one of an item). If you have more questions about subscriptions, check the Paizo Subscriptions FAQ for more details.

Start your subscription today
Pathfinder Player Core Special Edition Pathfinder Player Core Special Edition

Available now

Start with this Product
Pathfinder GM Core Special Edition Pathfinder GM Core Special Edition

Unavailable

Start with this Product
Pathfinder Monster Core Special Edition Pathfinder Monster Core Special Edition

Preorder, expected 27 Mar 2024

Start with this Product

You may change your starting product during checkout.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

3125677

Upcoming products in this subscription



See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ok so just saw this! First let me say AWESOME! been hoping for something like this. However this does bring up some questions.

One, if you already bought the Pathfinder Core Rulebook & Bestiary special edition do we get free pdfs of those if we sub? I was waiting to sub to the RPG line after the Gamemaster Guide as I really wanted the PDFS but also wanted the special editions so figured I would top there.. now I dont have too.

Two If I have the Special Edition Gamemastery guide already orderd and in my side cart will the system know to remove it and replace it with this one assuming I start with that product?


Vexies wrote:


One, if you already bought the Pathfinder Core Rulebook & Bestiary special edition do we get free pdfs of those if we sub?

I own the special editions of both the Core Rulebook & Bestiary. While it would be nice to get free PDFs of both of those books, it's probably unlikely to happen.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Rulebook Subscriber

I'm assuming the Core Rulebook and Bestiary in this line are still First-Printings w/o any of the Errata?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Pigraven wrote:
I'm assuming the Core Rulebook and Bestiary in this line are still First-Printings w/o any of the Errata?

Yep; they’re first printings. Paizo has previously stated that they have no plans to ever reprint the special editions so if you want them it’s always going to be errata-free first printing of each respective book.

Dark Archive

And although my SE books are errata-free, they are *gorgeous*! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, PF Special Edition Subscriber
Vexies wrote:

Ok so just saw this! First let me say AWESOME! been hoping for something like this. However this does bring up some questions.

One, if you already bought the Pathfinder Core Rulebook & Bestiary special edition do we get free pdfs of those if we sub? I was waiting to sub to the RPG line after the Gamemaster Guide as I really wanted the PDFS but also wanted the special editions so figured I would top there.. now I dont have too.

Two If I have the Special Edition Gamemastery guide already orderd and in my side cart will the system know to remove it and replace it with this one assuming I start with that product?

Same question, or maybe some kind of store credit? I bought the PDFs separately last August after pre-ordering/ordering all three deluxe books in July. This would've saved a few bucks.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

When will starting with B2 be an option? While my GMGs haven't shipped (stuck in one of the broken order queues), I haven't wanted to add the new subscription and risk complicating that order more.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Looks like starting with B2 showed up this past week. While its been error-ing out when trying to check out with it, it went through on the fifth attempt.


Stupid question incoming: Does paying for this subscription means you will get all the already released books?

Silver Crusade

No.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

When will we be able to start this Sub with Bestiary 3?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Aventhar wrote:
When will we be able to start this Sub with Bestiary 3?

Probably sometime late February/early March (it should become available after February subscription auth is completed)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, LO Special Edition, PF Special Edition Subscriber

SOM is in the regular subscription queue now. Is it not getting a special edition? I was sure that it was. If it is, any reason it's not on here yet?

Additionally, adding my 2 cents, it might be cool for the non-core deluxes to be another color but the same style, like the 2E blue hue.

Liberty's Edge

The PDF’s of collector edition are they just the same PDF as regular edition?


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Will the new Remaster books be a part of this subscription?


From the Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster Project! blog post

Blog Post wrote:

Will the new Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster books have Special Editions?

Yes. We are looking into various exciting print options for these books and will post more information soon.


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Dancing Wind wrote:

From the Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster Project! blog post

Blog Post wrote:

Will the new Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster books have Special Editions?

Yes. We are looking into various exciting print options for these books and will post more information soon.

Thanks! I missed that one in the blog post.


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber

Will the new core book special editions ever be able to be chosen as the starting books for the subscription? The subscription FAQ says you can start with the current book or the next book to be released, yet I only see options for Treasure Vault (released ~6 months ago) and Rage of Elements (released a month ago now).

Director of Marketing

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Verement wrote:
Will the new core book special editions ever be able to be chosen as the starting books for the subscription? The subscription FAQ says you can start with the current book or the next book to be released, yet I only see options for Treasure Vault (released ~6 months ago) and Rage of Elements (released a month ago now).

Yes. We will cycle to the new hardcover and special edition Player Core and GM Core options for the subscriptions soon. They release November 15.


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Verement wrote:
Will the new core book special editions ever be able to be chosen as the starting books for the subscription? The subscription FAQ says you can start with the current book or the next book to be released, yet I only see options for Treasure Vault (released ~6 months ago) and Rage of Elements (released a month ago now).
Yes. We will cycle to the new hardcover and special edition Player Core and GM Core options for the subscriptions soon. They release November 15.

Thank you for your quick response. I've never had a subscription before and am wanting to get one for the special editions starting with the remasters. I thought perhaps I had missed something.


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber

I really like the subscriptions! But I have some questions about the remaster subscriptions

When will we be able to start a new subscription starting with the remaster books? And how will shipping be handled in regards to the two books coming out together, can they be packaged together? Asking because I'm in europe, so having them shipped together would help a lot.

Thank you in advance

Director of Marketing

Vivianne1453 wrote:

I really like the subscriptions! But I have some questions about the remaster subscriptions

When will we be able to start a new subscription starting with the remaster books? And how will shipping be handled in regards to the two books coming out together, can they be packaged together? Asking because I'm in europe, so having them shipped together would help a lot.

Thank you in advance

Should be available next week. We are just looking at some internal processes.

If they are ordered together, since they are releasing together, they should ship together. However, our system determines what the most effective and economical shipping method and in some cases, if there are other items shipping with them, that may mean they ship separately.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've been thinking about upgrading my Rulebook subscription to the Special Edition subscription. But I had a couple questions first.

Does *every* PF2e rulebook get a special edition eventually? Is there any concern that I'd miss books going this route and have to buy them individually? Also, is there often a delay in the publication timing of special editions as compared to normal editions?

Basically, I'm just trying to affirm that I wouldn't be months behind the rest of the community if this was my primary solution to access future books.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Every rulebook does get one, and Lost Omens books also now get them.


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber
FriarTook wrote:

I've been thinking about upgrading my Rulebook subscription to the Special Edition subscription. But I had a couple questions first.

Does *every* PF2e rulebook get a special edition eventually? Is there any concern that I'd miss books going this route and have to buy them individually? Also, is there often a delay in the publication timing of special editions as compared to normal editions?

Basically, I'm just trying to affirm that I wouldn't be months behind the rest of the community if this was my primary solution to access future books.

Thank you very much for this information, I'll be looking forward to it!


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber

If I want to get both the player core and gm core from my subscription, does it matter which one I select to start with? I selected player core special edition as the starting point for my subscription for now, but it doesn't mention gm core special edition as being in my sidecart.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, PF Special Edition Subscriber
Vivianne1453 wrote:
If I want to get both the player core and gm core from my subscription, does it matter which one I select to start with? I selected player core special edition as the starting point for my subscription for now, but it doesn't mention gm core special edition as being in my sidecart.

I had the same question for Customer Service as I wanted to switch from regular rulebook sub to the special edition one.

They had to add the GM Core to my sidecart so that I would get both.

You should contact CS and let them know.


From a different thread, the Director of Marketing had this to say.

Aaron Shanks wrote:

Note: For the upcoming remaster roll out, if you have questions or need help modifying your subscription order, please email customer.service@paizo.com so we can assist you in making modifications to your order. We're asking that if you just sign up for either one, and want both, to write in and please let us know when you have done so.

Adventures Ahead!

emphasis added


The Special Editions for the Remaster are released this week.

Will they ship with the December subscriptions?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, PF Special Edition Subscriber
FabioMatt wrote:

The Special Editions for the Remaster are released this week.

Will they ship with the December subscriptions?

Mine shipped last week with Nov subs


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, LO Special Edition, Maps, PF Special Edition Subscriber

does anyone know when the gmcore special edition comes out, or did i miss it? im new here thanks

Director of Marketing

1 person marked this as a favorite.
ÐySFunction wrote:
does anyone know when the gmcore special edition comes out, or did i miss it? im new here thanks

It is out and sold out in our store. Look for it at your local book or game store.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, LO Special Edition, Maps, PF Special Edition Subscriber

alright, got the book off eBay =D. so when i buy the subscription i will pick the player book. will it send the other available book with it?
when on the subscription page above it says both items are in my cart, but when i go to my cart it doesn't show the other book that it says is in my cart. nor does it reflect billing for it.
so what I'm wondering will it show up the next month and i get billed at that point or? its what's keeping me from getting the 6 subs available. it says it will ship 5 items, but if it would have the other books available in the subs it would be more than 5 thank you

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Special Edition Rulebook Subscription All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.