Wolfgang Baur wrote:
I will go check the Frost out.
As for the others, I must confess the idea of Beer as a domain just brings to mind an image of a "temple" with Clerics acting like a bunch of drunk frat bros. LOL
P.H. Dungeon wrote:
I think it is important to keep in mind that this was originally intended as a tournament adventure. It was assumed that most party's would become stuck and not make it through the entire dungeon.
This is a very important point to keep in mind. Often the winner was the party that made it the furthest before they died. TPKs for many of Gygax's early stuff was normal. His idea of success in an adventure and mine didn't always align. LOL
I looked at this new Kick Starter and just couldn't get into the minis. A few would be nice to won, but most are just out of my personal taste range.
But I wish them the best of luck!
Marco Massoudi wrote:
I agree, it does look nice. I am curious about it's real size though. The old one is quite large. I hope this one is similar size. :-)
To me, none of these would be as awesome as some/more of the uncommon player races: ratfolk, kitsune, tengu, wayang, etc. A mini that could be used throughout an entire campaign vs maybe once around 1st/2nd level.
So you only use your familiar or pet companion for one or two levels?
Let's just accept that you have a different idea of what is useful then I do. I have never used or seen used at my table a kitsune or tengu. The ones I already own just sit on the shelf unused. But the dog, monkey, and cat minis are used quite a bit.
I can accept you see things differently than I do. So for your sake I hope you get everything you want.
It's cool to want to have a mule, but it isn't fair to act like non-combatants are not being made.
Not sure why you felt the need to read into my post more than was there. All I said was I would love a mule with supplies as it is a staple in almost every game I have ever played.
To be real clear; I love all my Paizo miniatures. I buy a full case every time and yes, I love my non-combatants as well as the NPCs, monsters, and other fun things. It is because I love the quality of their work that I suggested it would be cool if they made a mule. Nothing more. No slam to anyone.
Are there any modern miniature lines out there? I'm looking for miniatures that would work with the Top Secret RPG.
Have a look through the Heroclix line and you would be happy to find lots of cheap "Modern" figures.
I rebased quite a few to use in a near future SciFi setting.
While I like these Minotaurs, I do have to ask when will we get some of the simple things like a mule with supplies on it? I mean there has been a mule in almost every adventure I have ever played and yet it has not showed up at all in PPM.
I love the quality and work Paizo puts into the PPM line so I would love to see them do a mule.
I finally got to sit down and break out my case. Some nice looking figures in this set. Overall I am happy with them.
Couple of issues though:
1) I have bought a case of every set from the beginning. This is the first time I have not gotten a full set of figures. It is also the first time they have not seemed to be distributed evenly in the case. It is almost like I didn't get a complete case but rather two of the same brick. Please note I buy my case as a subscriber from Paizo so I know I received a case as it came from the factory.
2) I find this set had quite a few flimsy overly thin weapons. I would rather have had the swords look a little large than like they were whips rather than swords. I think I will try the superglue coating method to make them a little stiffer, but in the end, I would have liked them to be sculpted a little thicker.
3) Lastly, I also didn't get a well. I received three stockades. Like I will ever be able to sell off the extras of those to buy the well.
Figures I was the most impressed with?
1) Giant Scorpion. Much better than I expected. Great looking figure.
2) Death. Didn't need two of him, but I like the figure a lot.
3) Grey Maiden Dragon Rider. Wish I had been able to keep her longer, but the son put claim to the figure and so she flew away to his room.
4) I was shocked at how much I liked the Geist. What I will do with six of them, I don't know. But I do like the figure.
Anyway, off to see if I can score the rare figures I am missing.
Vic Wertz wrote:
I get the Iconics are higher price and quality. I will give you that, but what is WizKids excuse when you look at how many human faces they do in their Heroclix lines and we don't see the melted faces there like we do in the Pathfinder sets?
Just saying, it seems like a problem that should be resolved by now. I realize this is not a Paizo problem, but it does not mean the question is not a valid one.
While I understand the attraction such an idea holds, I would really rather they spent the effort and miniature slots on other things. This game is one of imagination after all.
As for the D&D invisible figures, I found they were more of a pain than they were worth. They knocked out Rares from slots. Not worth it in my opinion.
When you subscribed did you select the case only option or did you select the case and the incentive option? If you selected the case and the incentive it is an auto add on. If you are worried it didn't get entered right call Customer Service, they can help.
I am going to take a black sharpie to one Dwarf and make it look like she is wearing a mask. That way the lack of detail will not be an issue.
I have to admit I would love to know why humanoid faces are the issue they can't seem to beat. I would be curious if it is a paint issue. The "skin tones" paint, is it thicker maybe?
Regardless, I wish they could deal with it.
Do fights never happen in taverns in your campaign?
Can't speak for Curmudgeonly, but when compared to Dungeons, Castles, Roads, Generic Outdoors, Caves, City Streets, Temples, and Grave Yards? In my experience Taverns would be at the bottom of the list below even Air Ships and under water.
I accept that I can't love everything Erik elects to do. But I love his efforts and will support them with my cash regardless, so the line overall will continue.