Iconic Heroes Set 4, Part 2

Friday, July 24, 2015

Last week, I revealed three digital sculpts for the upcoming Iconic Heroes Set 4 boxed set of prepainted plastic gaming figures. This week we complete the set with a look at the final three figures, as well as a look ahead to a special promotional repaint figure that will be available free with $50 purchase at Paizo's booth at Gen Con next week.

Let's look at the minis!

Here we have Crowe, Human Bloodrager from the Advanced Class Guide. Crowe is based on artist Wayne Reynolds's own Pathfinder character, so when we wrote an art order that said "just draw your own character here, Wayne," we were pretty confident we'd end up with something awesome. Since Wayne is incapable of producing anything that isn't awesome, we knew it was a pretty safe gamble. Crowe works great for a bloodrager, a barbarian, or really any sort of martial character. His face tattoo gives him a cool exotic look, and his earthbraker weapon looks like it packs a real punch.

When our friends from WizKids brought the paint masters for this set to the Paizo office last week, we all pretty much agreed that Shardra was the most impressive of the bunch. This dwarf shaman comes from the Advanced Class Guide, and for my money I think she's one of the coolest dwarf minis we've done to date. The level of detail on her headdress and the overall "weight" of the figure makes a strong impression. I'm thrilled to add this figure to the collection.

Of course, Shardra wouldn't be complete without her rock lizard familiar, Kolo, who also makes an appearance in this set. You can use Kolo in conjunction with Shardra or simply as a Small/Tiny lizard, something we've produced surprisingly few of in Pathfinder Battles so far. He's a fun addition.

Iconic Heroes Set 4 is expected to hit stores and subscribers this November!

Let's move on from boxed sets to talk about the very special figure above, the Red Dracolisk! This impressive lizard is available free with a purchase of $50 or more at the Paizo booth (#203) at Gen Con next week, while supplies last. We're leaving a few Red Dracolisks behind at Paizo to put up for sale some time after the convention season, so if you miss out on the Red Dracolisk or can't get to the show this year, don't despair!

We also have TWO MORE promotional Pathfinder Battles miniatures that we'll be distributing at Gen Con, but I want to keep their identities secret for now. We'll supply these figures to ticketed players of the Thursday and Friday night Pathfinder Society Specials at Gen Con, so be sure to look out for them at the show. Like the Red Dracolisk, we'll have several available on paizo.com eventually, so missing out at the show won't necessarily mean missing out forever.

I'm going to be spending most of my Gen Con packed away in Paizo's meeting room, but if you see me wandering around the booth, please take a moment to say hello! I love chatting about minis in person even more than I love talking about them here, and I'm eager to see you at the show!

That's it for now. No blog next week, but we'll catch up after the Big Show!

Until then, I remain,

Erik Mona
Publisher

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Iconic Heroes Miniatures Pathfinder Battles

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Those all look great! And the fact that you did a small lizard gives me hope that some fair day you may reveal the long hoped-for (by me anyway) shocker lizard mini I've been waiting for all these years. But these look great in the meantime, and I'm always particularly happy to see female dwarves show up. Don't know why you always leave off their beards, though ;-)

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Awesome preview - I'm not as excited for the new Iconics (less history, not less awesome) but the minis look great regardless!

Looking forward to ordering the promo minis once they become available...

...

...

armored seoni pls


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kalindlara wrote:

Awesome preview - I'm not as excited for the new Iconics (less history, not less awesome) but the minis look great regardless!

Looking forward to ordering the promo minis once they become available

I've been a little cool on the iconic heroes line, but they're beginning to grow on me. I don't really care about the iconics as such but they've provided inspiration for a couple of PCs in an upcoming campaign. The inclusion of a familiar/companion each set is a great feature, too.

I'm also looking forward to the promo prepaints, though I always spend a few weeks getting nervous they're going to sell out before I get a chance to order them. :/

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:

Awesome preview - I'm not as excited for the new Iconics (less history, not less awesome) but the minis look great regardless!

Looking forward to ordering the promo minis once they become available

I've been a little cool on the iconic heroes line, but they're beginning to grow on me. I don't really care about the iconics as such but they've provided inspiration for a couple of PCs in an upcoming campaign. The inclusion of a familiar/companion each set is a great feature, too.

I'm also looking forward to the promo prepaints, though I always spend a few weeks getting nervous they're going to sell out before I get a chance to order them. :/

Same on the promos - I actually went out of my way to ask for money to buy the Braziers because I was afraid they'd sell out within a week.

As for the Iconics, I was saying that I have less excitement for these ones because they're so new - I don't have as much attachment to them as characters.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yeah, sorry I wasn't really responding to that bit of your post. I don't have attachment to any of the iconics, new or old (I still don't really get why people seem to care about them so much). As such, this line has always been a bit meh for me - but the quality of the minis is prompting lots of good character ideas.

I used to stress about the free RPG modules too, but they seem to print stacks of them so I'm a bit more relaxed these days.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

5 people marked this as a favorite.

From my perspective as a minis collector and a GM, I look at the line as a good source of very nicely painted adventurer types in lots of interesting varieties, plus oddball animals and companion creatures that otherwise probably wouldn't be made.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I'm sorry to say that I don't value the iconics for what they truly represent. But plenty hit our gaming table as Cohorts or NPCs, so we do get to bask in all their splendor.

Right now, I'm more anxious for news of the "dungeon dressing" pieces of the Rusty Dragon Inn. I'm really liking what's been revealed from that set so far. Hopefully Gen Con will be the usual great source of spoilers. And, as I won't be attending in person, I'll be eagerly awaiting the availability of promos on the Paizo site afterwards.

Also really liking the suggested Rusty Dragon Inn flip map, I hope that does get some consideration.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Thank you for remembering that not all of us can make it to these shows and saving some reprints for the web store. I am one of those completists that always tries to catch all the promos But can't afford gencon esp after having done paizocon. So thanks again for remembering us/me.


Spoiler Alert! Some images for Set V can be found here:

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32154/two-pathfinder-battles-iconic-hero es-miniatures-box-sets-revealed

When you paste the url into your browser, for some reason a space will appear between the o and e in heroes. Close the gap to get the link to work.


Will the associated ACG iconic card for Kolo be a Cohort? And such, will Cohorts be making appearances in future class decks for shamans, cavaliers, hunters, or others? Or is this something going to be held closer to the chest until you're ready to reveal?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Vernon Fults wrote:

Spoiler Alert! Some images for Set V can be found here:

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32154/two-pathfinder-battles-iconic-hero es-miniatures-box-sets-revealed

When you paste the url into your browser, for some reason a space will appear between the o and e in heroes. Close the gap to get the link to work.

Check "How to format your text" below your new post.

For example. ^_^


Erik Mona wrote:
We also have TWO MORE promotional Pathfinder Battles miniatures that we'll be distributing at Gen Con, but I want to keep their identities secret for now.

Unless I am mistaken, the albino were-rat has not yet made it's debut... so I'm guessing it might be one of these? But then of course, that really wouldn't make that very secret :)

Does anyone know if there was a promo mini given out at PaizoCon this year?

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

!

What albino wererat is this?!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kalindlara wrote:

!

What albino wererat is this?!

The wererat mini from the Skull and Shackles set painted white.

It did show up online on e-bay stolen from a chinese factory a while back.
looks kinda nice.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:

!

What albino wererat is this?!

The wererat mini from the Skull and Shackles set painted white.

It did show up online on e-bay stolen from a chinese factory a while back.
looks kinda nice.

I see. Thank you!


Kalindlara wrote:

!

What albino wererat is this?!

This one:

http://www.pathfinderminis.com/gallery0.htm

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Kor - Orc Scrollkeeper wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:

!

What albino wererat is this?!

This one:

http://www.pathfinderminis.com/gallery0.htm

Thank you as well! Looking forward to its release.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have to say that I like the majority of this set. Lirianne, excluded. Unlike some, I like the idea of the Iconic Hero sets and see a great use for the figures. What I don't need are second figures of miniatures released in the main waves (i.e Balazar, Harsk, Seoni, etc). Two of each really doesn't provide much purpose. I personally think some these figures should be exclusive to the Iconic Hero sets, leaving more slots in the main waves for other villains, monsters or NPCs. I also think this would increase the overall sales of the sets, potentially keeping a longer printing and release schedule of these sets.

As far as the promos, Red Dracolisk is nice. And I too am rooting for the Albino Wererat to make a creepy and awesome appearance.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Wysteriah wrote:

I have to say that I like the majority of this set. Lirianne, excluded. Unlike some, I like the idea of the Iconic Hero sets and see a great use for the figures. What I don't need are second figures of miniatures released in the main waves (i.e Balazar, Harsk, Seoni, etc). Two of each really doesn't provide much purpose. I personally think some these figures should be exclusive to the Iconic Hero sets, leaving more slots in the main waves for other villains, monsters or NPCs. I also think this would increase the overall sales of the sets, potentially keeping a longer printing and release schedule of these sets.

As far as the promos, Red Dracolisk is nice. And I too am rooting for the Albino Wererat to make a creepy and awesome appearance.

A lot of the original iconic minis are very expensive now. These are more accessible, especially with PACG demand.

I think they said that Balazar was the last iconic to appear in a big set for the foreseeable future, though. ^_^


looking forward to this set!

Shadow Lodge

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

I'm really looking forward to this...wish I didn't have to wait until November.

Just as a counterpoint to others in this thread, I typically don't buy minis. I loathe blind boxes, and don't really have space for minis. In general the Pawns line fits my needs (and budget) much better.

But I have made an exception for the iconics. The iconics resonate for me as characters, their use in the Card Game (even aside from the Promo Cards) is a huge plus, and the quality has been very good.

I will definitely buy all the sets for as long as they feature the actual Iconics. I'm undecided if I would continue to buy it they branch out to other characters from the Class Decks, but would definitely consider it (whereas with blind boxes I would definitely not buy).

For whatever that feedback is worth...

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Sharkfist Robot wrote:
Will the associated ACG iconic card for Kolo be a Cohort? And such, will Cohorts be making appearances in future class decks for shamans, cavaliers, hunters, or others? Or is this something going to be held closer to the chest until you're ready to reveal?

For now, cohorts are limited to Wrath of the Righteous.

Adventure Card Game Designer

Vic Wertz wrote:
Sharkfist Robot wrote:
Will the associated ACG iconic card for Kolo be a Cohort? And such, will Cohorts be making appearances in future class decks for shamans, cavaliers, hunters, or others? Or is this something going to be held closer to the chest until you're ready to reveal?
For now, cohorts are limited to Wrath of the Righteous.

One reason that some of the Iconic Heroes figures come with non-cohort versions of their companions is that we don't presume people are playing Wrath when they use the miniatures. So if you're playing Rise of the Runelords, and you want to use the PDF version of Shardra, and you're not familiar with the rules for cohorts found in Wrath, now you can play her with Kolo.

Don't take this as a guide to whether we'll put cohorts in future class decks, though.


Erik Mona wrote:
We also have TWO MORE promotional Pathfinder Battles miniatures that we'll be distributing at Gen Con, but I want to keep their identities secret for now.

I haven't seen any posts about these minis yet. Does any one have any info or photos of them?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I don't have any photos of them, but the two more promotional minis Erik was making reference to were released during the two main specials. One was a Fire Beetle and the other was a Duergar Soldier.

Both look very good, even the Duergar's face is painted quite well.

I can see both minis to be very popular as you normally are going to need a large amount (or at least group) of them, especially the Fire Beetle. I know I am going to find myself purchasing more from Paizo's website when they are put up.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

the white spots on the mining beetle already make a good base for easy repainting

Dark Archive

Erik Mona wrote:
From my perspective as a minis collector and a GM, I look at the line as a good source of very nicely painted adventurer types in lots of interesting varieties, plus oddball animals and companion creatures that otherwise probably wouldn't be made.

Won´t we get a new minis preview this week?

Maybe a double preview next friday?
I have to fill my mini urgings with the monday and wednesday D&D previews, but those are not as good as the pathfinder ones. :-)


Marco Massoudi wrote:


Won´t we get a new minis preview this week?
Maybe a double preview next friday?
I have to fill my mini urgings with the monday and wednesday D&D previews, but those are not as good as the pathfinder ones. :-)

How about this then? :)

Pathfinder Battles - Iconic Heroes - Set VI

Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Miniatures / Paizo Blog: Iconic Heroes Set 4, Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Miniatures