[OP7] PF2e - 03-15: Cavern of the Sundered Song (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


1 to 50 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Please dot (add a post) in here and then delete your post to add yourself to this campaign.

1) I am based in Southeast Asia (UTC +8) so my posting hours may be unusual (especially for those in North America). I usually update at least one or twice per day. Just to keep the game moving, please post at least once every day and at least once during the weekend.

2) Please keep all posts and communication in all channels limited to a PG-13 level and be both positive and inclusive.

3) Please label all three of your actions. Even if you think what you are doing is obvious.

4) If I am unavailable for longer than 24 hours, I will let you know in the Discussion Tab. Out of respect for your fellow players and myself, I ask that you do the same. Real life happens, and real life will always take priority over the game, but out of fairness for your fellow players, please let us know if you will be unavailable for an extended period of time.

5) Please note that on the following days, my posting can get unpredictable:
Tuesday/Thursdays - all day, as they are the 2 busiest days of my work week

6) Please complete the Macros and the Slides linked at the top of the page.

7) Questions, concerns? Feel free to share them in the Discussion tab.

8) Let's have some fun and tell a great story together! After all, that's what we are here for.

Envoy's Alliance

Female Kobold Sorcerer 12 | AC 30 | Fort 20, Reflex 20, Will 19 | Perc 19 w/ Darkvision | Resist: Fire 6, Cold/Elec 10 | Speed 25 | HP 126/126 | Exp: Search | Acro 18, Diplo 24, Dec 21, Med 23, Thievery 18

You see a short kobold dressed in somewhat fancy clothing and a medkit wander in.

"Hello? Anyone there? I was sent on this mission. My name is Mila. I've always been told that Pathfinders do not travel alone! I'm originally from Osirion, but it's been a pleasure to meet Pathfinders from all over. Well, I surely hope I'm not the only one on this mission. I should also mention that I love fire. I really really love fire. But don't worry, I also have nice solid healing hands and I can also put in a few good words too anywhere with nearly anyone if we need it!"

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

"What's that? A kobold. Seems there are many of you in this society, these days. Draconis kobaltus minor, as the Jiskans used to say," a wiry, slightly vague-loooking old elf comments. "Sideon is my name, little dragon. It sounds like you have many useful abilities!"

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Your adventure begins in the Grand Lodge, after responding to Gorm Greathammer's frantic request for experienced agents to meet him in the Archive immediately for an urgent mission.

Go ahead and introduce yourselves if you haven't already

Horizon Hunters

AC 27; Fort +15; Ref +19 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +14; +1 circumstance bonus vs. traps HP 96

An elf dressed in familiar Sarenite clothing appears Apologies Kyra has been called to many society outposts today. If you require a healer I am available She smiles slyly at Sideon we elves should stick together no before adding I am familiar with the appropriate medical procedures for small dragonsshe adds to Mila with a courteous head bow gesturing towards the healers kit on her belt before returning her attention to Sideon. There is a rapier and just 2 daggers on her belt as well.

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

A gnome, wearing leather armor, yet keeping his formal top hat on is dressed as colorfully, yet fashionably as he can, while being prepared for a mission. He his accompanied by a similarly dressed goblin with a bicorne hat. They bow with a flourish.

"You may call me Rex. This is my associate Smee. We are the proprietor and captain of Rex's River Revels, riverboat theater and casino... or we will be once the project is formally launched. I owe quite the debt to the Society, and since I was in the area, I thought I could be of some assistance."

"I am a teller of tales, learning that craft behind a bar where I experimented with many libations. I have also learned to become quite the crack shot with my crossbow."

"I am not one for traditional medicine, but I do have some magic that can cure what ails you."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Gorm Greathammer stands near a strange shimmering portal. Several Swordmasters stand guard, ensuring no one enters by accident. Gorm nods approvingly at the assembled Pathfinder agents. "Wonderful. I’m so glad you were all available on such short notice. I’m not sure I’ve seen such an accomplished group of agents together before. I’m sure you’ve heard the rumors already about today’s events, and you may even know more than I do. Here’s what I’ve been able to piece together so far. Effeflinn Whyst, one of the Scrollmasters, the elf who’s always singing strange old songs, she found something in the Grand Archive that took her by surprise. A hand-written journal of some kind. She ran off with the journal in hand, started singing, and made…this." He gestures toward the portal.

"That’s odd enough, but then perhaps twenty minutes later, after word started to spread around the Lodge, our Master of Scrolls, Kreighton Shaine, ran into the portal after her, looking furious. We haven’t seen either of them since." He shuffles through some parchments. "We’ve done some divinations, and about all that we know is that it connects to the Darklands. Probably Orv, but some portion we’ve never heard of before." He sighs. "Frankly, we have no idea what’s going on. We could just wait for Effeflinn and Kreighton to return, but I don’t like the idea of what might come out of this portal in the meantime. I’d like you to go through, find them both, and figure out what the heck is going on. Hopefully, there’ll at least be a good story in it for you. I remember once, when I was in Osirion—"

Gorm’s words are cut off when Kreighton Shaine’s head suddenly pops through the portal and looks at the gathered agents. "Good, you’ve got them. The song is finished, but now it’s lost. We’ve got to find them. Hurry!" As quickly as Kreighton’s head appears, it vanishes once again.

Gorm stares at the portal, speechless for a moment. "Well, I suppose you should get moving, then. You should take a few minutes to go buy any supplies you think you’ll need. We’re not sure how stable it is, so you should avoid going back and forth through the portal until you’re ready to come back for good. Without disturbances, we think it should stay open for at least a couple of days. Why don’t you try to be back in 48 hours? I wouldn’t stay much longer than that, but do spend enough time there to see anything interesting. We’re looking at something very strange here, Pathfinders. Good luck."

You are each offered either of the following:
Each PC: Greater Antidote or Antiplague
The Group: Moderate Alchemist Fire x2 and Moderate Frost Vial x2

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Gorm blocks the portal before you enter it. He says in a stern voice. "I know this is an urgent mission, but this does not excuse you from completing the necessary documentation needed by the Society. I still need RELEASE FORMS signed by Mila and Merely Merisiel. I also need an INSURANCE form from Merely Merisiel."

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

Greater Antiplague

"Any idea what song she was singing? I am familiar with quite a few of them.

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

Greater Antidote

"Oh, Orv. Haven't been there in a while, I think," Sideon peers at the portal. "I visited some underground city there once, I believe. Or was it a sunken ruin? Who can say, with the Darklands. Odd place for a singing concert, though."

Horizon Hunters

AC 27; Fort +15; Ref +19 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +14; +1 circumstance bonus vs. traps HP 96

Merisiel will take the greater antidote and one each of the two vials. Then remebers like most rogues she skipped the bomb throwing class and hands them to the gunslinger

(If we still get the provisions then merisiel will take 3 moderate healing potions)

Just before going through the portal she will gulp down the antidote not planning to be longer than six hours

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Yes, go ahead and choose your provisions. The link to the Provisions List is in my first post of the Discussion Thread

GM Dice:

Sideon's Society (T): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Rex's Society (T): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
Mila Arazumin's Society (U): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Merisiel's Society (T): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Sideon's Bardic Lore (T): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Rex's Bardic Lore (T): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

All except Mila:
The Darklands are an interconnected network of caverns and passageways deep underground, spanning multiple continents. Residents include xulgaths, deep gnomes, derros, duergar, and calignis, as well as strange and powerful aberrations.

Sideon:

That part of the library includes firsthand accounts from people who interacted with deities when they were mortals.

Rex:

That specific section of the library has personal accounts of dealings with Norgorber. Norgorber is the god of greed, murder, poison, and secrets. Nothing is known about his life before he ascended to godhood.

DC 24 Performance or DC 26 Diplomacy:

You speak to a student who heard some of the song. While the student can’t recite any stanzas exactly, they remember hearing lyrics about ‘debts’ and ‘treasures’.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Numbat:

I stole the "release forms" line from Farol... just credit where credit is due :)

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

"I don't need many supplies, but let me poke around the library for a moment. I believe that section holds accounts of people who interacted with deities when they were mortal." Sideon makes a quick spin around the library, startling several students.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

I'll take the 3 moderate healing potions for my provisions.

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29

"Hmm... a song about debts and treasures."

Horizon Hunters

AC 27; Fort +15; Ref +19 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +14; +1 circumstance bonus vs. traps HP 96

Merisiel isnt a very talkative elf

Envoy's Alliance

Female Kobold Sorcerer 12 | AC 30 | Fort 20, Reflex 20, Will 19 | Perc 19 w/ Darkvision | Resist: Fire 6, Cold/Elec 10 | Speed 25 | HP 126/126 | Exp: Search | Acro 18, Diplo 24, Dec 21, Med 23, Thievery 18

diplomacy: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27

Greater potion of healing for Mila.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Rex:

Correction: That part of the library includes firsthand accounts from people who interacted with deities when they were mortals.

Please be advised - I may or may not have Internet service at home over the weekend. The ISP said that the outage today will be resolved by 1800h my time but that remains to be seen. If I disappear over the weekend, that's likely the reason.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

As you pass through the portal into the Darklands, they hear a faint refrain of a song. They exit the portal into a Darklands cavern surrounded by branching tunnels, and Kreighton Shaine is nearby.

I'm going to assume that you activated some sort of light spell once you emerged from the portal into a lightless void that is the Darklands

DC 24 Perception:
You can make some of the lyrics of the faint song.

GM Dice:

Sideon's Survival (T): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Mila Arazumin's Survival (U): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Merisiel's Survival (T): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Kreighton Shaine addresses you without turning to look at you. "You’ve come at last. We must find Effeflinn at once. I’ve forgotten the song; I’ve forgotten the song. It doesn’t matter, we need to find all of them! After all these years!"

Kreighton Shaine calms slightly as he slips into the role of a teacher. "It was so many years ago. Almost a century. Effeflinn Whyst and I, we were on a mission to reach the part of the Darklands where Nivi Rhombodazzle once lived. When she was mortal, she hid in the Darklands for many years to avoid her creditors. She didn’t always win her games, after all. She magically sealed it away to prevent being found. We had a song that should have opened a portal to reach this cavern. It worked, briefly. Part of our team made it through, but then the portal suddenly closed! Nothing we tried could open it again. The rest of the team was lost. I know that Effeflinn did something wrong. She was the song expert; she was supposed to know how to do it right! She must have found the rest of the song, to open the portal again. The strangest thing is that I can’t remember any of the song now, after it haunted me for all these years. It doesn’t matter. We’ve got to find the rest of the team. They might still be alive!"

Kreighton briefly describes the Pathfinder team assigned to the mission.

• Kreighton Shaine (CG male elf scholar), expert on rituals
• Effeflinn Whyst (CG female elf poet), expert on songs
• Irlah Kestiwhitt (CG female gnome cleric), Nivi Rhombodazzle lore expert
• Piltineff Gosk (NG male gnome fighter), physical protection
• Eltha Embercall (N female dwarf druid), expert on survival

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

Rex thinks about the stories he might have heard about Nivi Rhombodazzle...

Bardic Lore: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

If that fails...
↺ Kreigton's Cognitive Crossover Theater Lore (Assurance 27).

Shenanigans

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

"Can't remember the song? You can still hear some of the lyrics, Shane!" Sideon hums along to the tune that he can make out traces off.

I was supposed to be playing Kreighton Shane as CG all these years?! :)

Horizon Hunters

AC 27; Fort +15; Ref +19 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +14; +1 circumstance bonus vs. traps HP 96

peception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Merisiel looks quizically at her fellow rogue before turning to Kreighton the chaos magnet

So was the team lost just now or was it nearly a hundred years ago

So I cant hear anything unless its a trap and then I can hear it

Envoy's Alliance

Female Kobold Sorcerer 12 | AC 30 | Fort 20, Reflex 20, Will 19 | Perc 19 w/ Darkvision | Resist: Fire 6, Cold/Elec 10 | Speed 25 | HP 126/126 | Exp: Search | Acro 18, Diplo 24, Dec 21, Med 23, Thievery 18

"Do we have any known route they would have taken?

perc: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

You notice that Effeflinn Whyst passed through only a few hours ago and left a trail of kicked up stones and scuffed earth. You also notice Kreighton Shaine disappearing and reappearing down side tunnels as they make their way through the strange Darklands, but he doesn’t report anything of note. Asking him for help just causes him to mutter grumpily under his breath.

DC 20 Perception to Sense Motive about Shaine:
You realize that Kreighton’s mood is far worse than they’ve ever seen in their years of training and working as a Pathfinder.

You manage to follow Effeflinn's tracks, but the going is difficult due to the rough terrain. About half an hour into your travel, you are met by some of the denizens of the Darklands. They do not appear friendly.

Init:

Sideon, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 23 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 23 - 2 = 27
Rex, Search: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 18 - 2 = 31
Mila Arazumin, Scout: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 19 - 2 = 31
Merisiel, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 20 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 20 - 2 = 24
Red Init: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
White Init: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25
Blue Init: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25

Black areas are stalagmites that go up 50'. The ceiling of the cavern is about 100'. Muddy puddles are difficult terrain

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Rex - AC 28, 151/151
**Mila Arazumin - AC 29, 116/116
Red
Sideon - AC 27, 87/87
White
Blue
Merisiel - AC 27, 96/96

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Rex:
Nivi Rhombodazzle is the god of gems, stealth, and gambling.
She spent much time in the Darklands avoiding her creditors and is known as the first deep gnome. You learn that while on the run, Nivi made the realm she lived in as difficult to find as possible, accessible only with a song.

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

Before combat
With what he has learned, Rex gathers everyone together.

"All right folks. Step right up and let me impart to you a few nuggets of wisdom."

Rex begins telling them stories about Nivi Rhombodazzle as he enhances his words with magic.

Cast Share Lore (Rank V). Everyone is trained in Bardic Lore and Games Lore for 8 hours.

Now
Sensing danger, Rex starts by enhancing the prowess of his allies.

◇ Lingering Composition Performance (DC 30): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
◆ Courageous Anthem (+1 to attack/damage/save vs fear)
1 round

He then studies the creatures for a moment...
◆ Recall Knowledge
Roll Bardic Lore and if that fails ↺ roll Theater Lore.

Oil pours onto Rex's crossbow from an extradimensional space and an empty vial is ejected onto the ground.
◆ Coating Rune applies oil of swiftness onto the crossbow.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

BL: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Rex gathers his comrades around him and shares what he knows. He attempts to rally them with a song but his ending just falls short. He coats his crossbow with oil of swiftness.

Rex:
You recognize these creatures as Isqulugs. They are capable of transmitting a disease and can regenerate. However they are vulnerable to cold

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (1 rd)
------------------
Those with ** may go

Rex - AC 28, 151/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
**Mila Arazumin - AC 29, 116/116
Red
Sideon - AC 27, 87/87
White
Blue
Merisiel - AC 27, 96/96

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

"These are disease carrying abominations. Freeze them if you can."

Envoy's Alliance

Female Kobold Sorcerer 12 | AC 30 | Fort 20, Reflex 20, Will 19 | Perc 19 w/ Darkvision | Resist: Fire 6, Cold/Elec 10 | Speed 25 | HP 126/126 | Exp: Search | Acro 18, Diplo 24, Dec 21, Med 23, Thievery 18

Mila sighs. I don't have cold on me at the moment, but I'll try and burn them. Bah.

She'll start with a basic fireball (two actions), then reposition (DC 31 reflex, third and final action)
fire: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 3, 1, 5) = 21

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Red Ref: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
White Ref: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36
Blue Ref: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Red cooldown: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Mila sends a fireball which explodes in the midst of the three creatures. White avoids the worst of the damage but Red and Blue don't manage to get out of the way in time. However, all three creatures don't seem to be affected as badly by the fireball...

Red oozes forward on its tentacles until it's within 10 feet of Merisiel. Suddenly it sprays the party with what appears to be maggots from its head in a 30' cone.

Piercing Damage; DC 28 Basic Reflex: 5d10 ⇒ (7, 6, 8, 1, 9) = 31

If you fail the save, please make a DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (1 rd)
Before your Turn:
DC 28 Basic Reflex vs 31 Piercing Damage: Everyone
DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia: Everyone who fails the Reflex Save
------------------
Those with ** may go

Rex - AC 28, 151/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
Mila Arazumin - AC 29, 116/116
Red (-1)
**Sideon - AC 27, 87/87
White
Blue (-11)
Merisiel - AC 27, 96/96

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Isqulugia (disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent); DC 28 Fortitude:

Sickened, slowed, and paralyzed conditions can’t be removed until this affliction is removed.
Stage 1: Sickened 1 (1 hr)
Stage 2: Fatigued, Sickened 2 (1 day)
Stage 3: Fatigued, Slowed 1 (1 day)
Stage 4: Paralyzed (1 day)
Stage 5: Dead and the body violently transforms into a new isqulug
Restoration - Wish, 9th lvl Resurrect Ritual or similar magic.

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

Reflex: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

Rex dodges the worst of it, but still wrinkles his nose in disgust.

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

Reflex: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

Sideon steps aside as the cascade of worms rains around him.

The elf slips to the side to attack one of the creatures that has not had a chance to act yet. He slices at it with a flashing dagger.

Stride, Strike (Blue), Strike

+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 19 + 1 = 24 for slashing: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 + 1 + (4, 4) = 22
+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 - 4 = 16 for slashing: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 + 1 + (3, 6) = 24
Enfeebled 1 if either of those hit.

Reaction (Opportune Backstab):

Trigger A creature within your melee reach is hit by a melee attack from one of your allies.
+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 19 + 1 = 40 for slashing: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 + 1 + (6, 2) = 19

Envoy's Alliance

Female Kobold Sorcerer 12 | AC 30 | Fort 20, Reflex 20, Will 19 | Perc 19 w/ Darkvision | Resist: Fire 6, Cold/Elec 10 | Speed 25 | HP 126/126 | Exp: Search | Acro 18, Diplo 24, Dec 21, Med 23, Thievery 18

reflex: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
fortitude if needed: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

Horizon Hunters

AC 27; Fort +15; Ref +19 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +14; +1 circumstance bonus vs. traps HP 96

reflex: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

Critical success as I have rogue evasion I may revrt to a more traditional elf rogue picture as its confusing me

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Sideon and Merisiel easily avoid the damage but Mila isn't as lucky. Rex manages to avoid the worst of the disgusting attack. Mila manages to avoid catching any nasty disease even though she bears the full brunt of the maggot spray.

Sideon rushes up to Blue and attempts to slash at it but doesn't succeed.

White moves to within 10 feet of Merisiel and attempts to clobber her with a tentacle.

Tentacle vs Merisiel AC 27, Reach: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40
Tentacle vs Merisiel AC 27, Reach, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Bludgeoning, Crit: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (8, 6) + 11 = 25 Doubled to 50

White wallops Merisiel, who starts feeling strange.

Blue's wounds close as it takes a step back and attempts to clobber Sideon as well.

Tentacle vs Sideon AC 27, Reach: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
Tentacle vs Sideon AC 27, Reach, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
Bludgeoning: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (5, 12) + 11 = 28

This time Sideon isn't so lucky as the tentacle connects, though not as bad as Merisiel.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1-2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (1 rd)
Before your Turn:
DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia: Merisiel, Sideon
------------------
Those with ** may go

-2-
**Rex - AC 28, 136/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
Mila Arazumin - AC 29, 85/116
Red (-1)
Sideon - AC 27, 59/87
White
Blue (-1)

-1-
**Merisiel - AC 27, 46/96

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Isqulugia (disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent); DC 28 Fortitude:

Sickened, slowed, and paralyzed conditions can’t be removed until this affliction is removed.
Stage 1: Sickened 1 (1 hr)
Stage 2: Fatigued, Sickened 2 (1 day)
Stage 3: Fatigued, Slowed 1 (1 day)
Stage 4: Paralyzed (1 day)
Stage 5: Dead and the body violently transforms into a new isqulug
Restoration - Wish, 9th lvl Resurrect Ritual or similar magic.

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

Rex tries to renew his anthem.

◇ Lingering Composition Performance DC 30: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
◆ Courageous Anthem
3 rounds duration

He then glowers at the closest Isqulug while placing an alchemically charged bolt into his crossbow.

◆ Raconteur's Reload (Demoralize + Reload)
Intimidation vs Will (red): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23 (Intimidation vs Will)
Moderate Elemental Ammunition (cold) loaded.

He fires his crossbow and then retreats.
◆ Strike (quickened)
Attack (red): 1d20 + 21 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 21 + 1 = 26
Piercing: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 4) + 1 = 12
2 cold splash damage
On a hit, 2d4 persistent cold damage.

◆ Stride

Hero Point that attack roll assuming a miss
Attack (red): 1d20 + 21 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 21 + 1 = 40

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Rex manages to make his anthem memorable. He glowers at Red but Red shakes, as if to laugh off the gnome's actions. Its "laughter" stops as a cold flask contained in a crossbow bolt smacks it right in the face.

Oops, forgot to mark Mila as ok to go as well

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1-2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (3 rds)
Before your Turn:
DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia: Merisiel, Sideon
------------------
Those with ** may go

-2-
Rex - AC 28, 136/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
**Mila Arazumin - AC 29, 85/116
Red (-37; 2d4 x2 persistent cold)
Sideon - AC 27, 59/87
White
Blue (-1)

-1-
**Merisiel - AC 27, 46/96

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Isqulugia (disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent); DC 28 Fortitude:

Sickened, slowed, and paralyzed conditions can’t be removed until this affliction is removed.
Stage 1: Sickened 1 (1 hr)
Stage 2: Fatigued, Sickened 2 (1 day)
Stage 3: Fatigued, Slowed 1 (1 day)
Stage 4: Paralyzed (1 day)
Stage 5: Dead and the body violently transforms into a new isqulug
Restoration - Wish, 9th lvl Resurrect Ritual or similar magic.

Horizon Hunters

AC 27; Fort +15; Ref +19 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +14; +1 circumstance bonus vs. traps HP 96

fortitude: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

fortitude hero point: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Feeling very Bleurg Merisiel tries to recall what kind of creature these things are (red especially)
-1 to Arcana +15, Crafting +17, Nature +12, Occultism +13, Religion +12, Society +13

What weapon works best

Using quick draw she throws her returning cold iron dagger at red

quick draw strike: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23slash/piericng if I know pierce is better damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9

Then Merisiel Strides away from her enemies

Knew I should have taken the antiplague not antidote

Envoy's Alliance

Female Kobold Sorcerer 12 | AC 30 | Fort 20, Reflex 20, Will 19 | Perc 19 w/ Darkvision | Resist: Fire 6, Cold/Elec 10 | Speed 25 | HP 126/126 | Exp: Search | Acro 18, Diplo 24, Dec 21, Med 23, Thievery 18

Mila moves (one action) and marks white and blue with lightning bolt (two actions).

electricity: 4d12 ⇒ (11, 11, 9, 10) = 41 (reflex basic 31)

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Ah, Merisiel isn't Kyra anymore! :)

GM Dice:

Bardic Lore, Share Lore: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Blue Ref: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
White Ref: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

I knew I forgot something... I forgot to mention that the dark spots on the map are stalagmites. But since there's a small gap, I'll just say that Mila threaded the needle and hit both Blue and White

Merisiel:

These creatures are Isqulugs. They are, as Rex said, disease carrying abominations vulnerable to cold.

Merisiel recalls something about the creatures, though she starts feeling queasy after getting walloped by the creature. She hurls her dagger at Red but doesn't connect. Mila moves into a tactically advantaged position before managing to spot both Blue and White. She then marks them with a lightning bolt.

Red moves up to Mila and attempts to slam its tentacles into her.

Tentacle vs Mila AC 30, Reach: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
Tentacle vs Mila AC 30, Reach, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Bludgeoning, Crit: 2d12 + 9 ⇒ (7, 10) + 9 = 26 Doubled to 52

Cold: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 2

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (3 rds)
Before your Turn:
DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia: Sideon, Mila
------------------
Those with ** may go

Rex - AC 28, 136/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
Mila Arazumin - AC 30, 33/126
Red (-53; 2d4 x2 persistent cold)
**Sideon - AC 27, 59/87
White (-41)
Blue (-42)
Merisiel - AC 27, 46/96 (Sickened 1)

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Isqulugia (disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent); DC 28 Fortitude:

Sickened, slowed, and paralyzed conditions can’t be removed until this affliction is removed.
Stage 1: Sickened 1 (1 hr)
Stage 2: Fatigued, Sickened 2 (1 day)
Stage 3: Fatigued, Slowed 1 (1 day)
Stage 4: Paralyzed (1 day)
Stage 5: Dead and the body violently transforms into a new isqulug
Restoration - Wish, 9th lvl Resurrect Ritual or similar magic.

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

Sideon continues to cut at the blue creature.

Step, Strike (Blue), Strike

+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 1 = 21 for slashing: 2d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 + 1 = 15
+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 19 - 4 = 32 for slashing: 2d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 + 1 = 13

Reaction (Opportune Backstab):

Trigger A creature within your melee reach is hit by a melee attack from one of your allies.
+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 1 = 21 for slashing: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 1 + (1, 6) = 20

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Sideon slashes at Blue twice. The first time he nearly drops his dagger but manages to recover enough to connect on his return slash.

Sideon Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
WOW... 3 Natural 1's for the same character...

Do you want to Hero Point that, Sideon?

White moves up to Rex and attempts to clobber him.

Tentacle vs Rex AC 28, Reach: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38
Tentacle vs Rex AC 28, Reach, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Bludgeoning, Crit: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (8, 8) + 11 = 27 Doubled to 54

Sideon watches as Blue's wounds close as the creature steps back and also takes a swing at him.

Tentacle vs Sideon AC 27, Reach: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23 That's 4!
Tentacle vs Sideon AC 27, Reach, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Fortunately, he manages to duck both blows.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2-3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (3 rds)
Before your Turn:
DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia: Sideon (HP?), Mila, Rex
------------------
Those with ** may go

-3-
**Rex - AC 28, 82/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
**Mila Arazumin - AC 30, 33/126
Red (-53; 2d4 x2 persistent cold)
Sideon - AC 27, 59/87
White (-31)
Blue (-45)

-2-
**Merisiel - AC 27, 46/96 (Sickened 1)

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Isqulugia (disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent); DC 28 Fortitude:

Sickened, slowed, and paralyzed conditions can’t be removed until this affliction is removed.
Stage 1: Sickened 1 (1 hr)
Stage 2: Fatigued, Sickened 2 (1 day)
Stage 3: Fatigued, Slowed 1 (1 day)
Stage 4: Paralyzed (1 day)
Stage 5: Dead and the body violently transforms into a new isqulug
Restoration - Wish, 9th lvl Resurrect Ritual or similar magic.

Horizon Hunters

AC 27; Fort +15; Ref +19 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +14; +1 circumstance bonus vs. traps HP 96

Merisiel Double strides to flank blue with her fellow elf

rapier stab: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
piercing damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8
deadly if crit: 1d8 ⇒ 7

calls out in elvish:
Come on Stab it dead

opportune backstab:

rapier stab: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
rapier piercing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12
sneak damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
deadly crit damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

I'll hero point!

Fortitude: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Elvish:
"We'll cut it down, sister."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Merisiel gets into a flank with Sideon, who is starting to feel nauseous. She strikes but does not hit the Isqulug.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2-3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (Rd 2 of 3)
Before your Turn:
DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia: Mila, Rex
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Rex - AC 28, 82/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
**Mila Arazumin - AC 30, 33/126
Red (-53; 2d4 x2 persistent cold)
Sideon - AC 27, 59/87 (Sickened 1)
White (-31)
Blue (-45)
Merisiel - AC 27, 46/96 (Sickened 1)

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Isqulugia (disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent); DC 28 Fortitude:

Sickened, slowed, and paralyzed conditions can’t be removed until this affliction is removed.
Stage 1: Sickened 1 (1 hr)
Stage 2: Fatigued, Sickened 2 (1 day)
Stage 3: Fatigued, Slowed 1 (1 day)
Stage 4: Paralyzed (1 day)
Stage 5: Dead and the body violently transforms into a new isqulug
Restoration - Wish, 9th lvl Resurrect Ritual or similar magic.

Vigilant Seal

male gnome (vivacious ☐) bard [alchemist/gunslinger] 11 | ♥️ 151| ⛨28 deathless ☐ | F+20 R+20 W+18* | Perc+17 low-light, darkvision | speed 25ft | focus ☐☐ | spells 1st ☐☐☐ 2nd ☐☐☐ 3rd ☐☐☐ 4th ☑☐☐ 5th ☑☑☐ 6th ☑☑| Cloak of Illusions ☑ | Diplomat's Badge ☐ |

Fortitude: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
Hero Point
Fortitude: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

Rex fades from view and moves away.

◆◆ Cast a Spell (Invisibility Rank 4)
◆ Stride

Envoy's Alliance

Female Kobold Sorcerer 12 | AC 30 | Fort 20, Reflex 20, Will 19 | Perc 19 w/ Darkvision | Resist: Fire 6, Cold/Elec 10 | Speed 25 | HP 126/126 | Exp: Search | Acro 18, Diplo 24, Dec 21, Med 23, Thievery 18

fortitude: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

Mila has no choice but to reposition and cast again...

She runs back towards her allies, casting Electric Arc (reflex 31) as she doubles back (only way to get two for one here).

elec: 6d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 4) + 5 = 18

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Red Ref: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
White Ref: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

Mila runs back towards her allies and launches a bzzap attack on Red and White. Red is caught by surprise and get zapped but White gets out of the way in time, avoiding the worst of the damage.

Red moves up and sees two possible targets. It decides to attack Merisiel, Mila: 1d2 ⇒ 2.

Tentacle vs Mila AC 30, Reach: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Fortunately, Mila manages to duck just in time.

Cold, Crit: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 Doubled to 16
Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 11

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (Rd 2 of 3)
------------------
Those with ** may go

Rex - AC 28, 82/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
Mila Arazumin - AC 30, 33/126
Red (-89; 2d4 x2 persistent cold)
**Sideon - AC 27, 59/87 (Sickened 1)
White (-41)
Blue (-45)
Merisiel - AC 27, 46/96 (Sickened 1)

Grand Archive

CN male elf (ancient) rogue (thief) 9 l HP 8/87| AC 27 (Deny Advantage) | F +15 R +21 (Evasion) W +15 | Perc +16 (+18 for Initiative, wins ties) | speed 35 ft (Feather Step)| Hero Points: 3 | Active Conditions:

A queasy Sideon steps up to blue and slashes away.

+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 19 + 1 - 1 = 35 for slashing: 2d4 + 2d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + (3, 3) + 7 + 1 = 18

+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 + 1 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 1 - 1 - 4 = 30 for slashing: 2d4 + 2d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + (1, 6) + 7 + 1 = 22

Opportune Backstab:

+1 striking cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 19 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 19 + 1 - 1 = 26 for slashing: 2d4 + 2d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + (3, 1) + 7 + 1 = 17

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Sideon takes advantage of the flank set up by Merisiel and slashes away at Blue, hitting twice.

White's wounds close and it closes with Mila, flanking her with Red. Its tentacles lash out at her.

Tentacle vs Mila AC 30, Reach, OG: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29
Tentacle vs Mila AC 30, Reach, MAP, Agile, OG: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
Bludgeoing: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (5, 6) + 11 = 22
Bludgeoing: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (1, 10) + 11 = 22

Mila attempts to duck but both tentacle attacks barely hit. Unfortunately, it's enough to drop her to the cavern floor.

Blue's wounds close and it shrouds itself in a fog that conceals everyone within.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 3-4
Tactical Map
Active Conditions: Courageous Anthem (Rd 3 of 3 on Rex's turn)
DC 28 Fortitude vs Isqulugia: Mila x2
Special Conditions: Everyone inside the blue border around Blue is concealed; DC 5 Flat check to target
------------------
Those with ** may go

-4-
**Rex - AC 28, 82/151 (Quickened w/ Crossbow)
Red (-89; 2d4 x2 persistent cold)
Sideon - AC 27, 59/87 (Sickened 1; Concealed)
Mila Arazumin - AC 30, 0/126 (Dying 1)
White (-31)
Blue (-75; Concealed)

-3-
**Merisiel - AC 27, 46/96 (Sickened 1; Concealed)

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Isqulugia (disease, incapacitation, primal, transmutation, virulent); DC 28 Fortitude:

Sickened, slowed, and paralyzed conditions can’t be removed until this affliction is removed.
Stage 1: Sickened 1 (1 hr)
Stage 2: Fatigued, Sickened 2 (1 day)
Stage 3: Fatigued, Slowed 1 (1 day)
Stage 4: Paralyzed (1 day)
Stage 5: Dead and the body violently transforms into a new isqulug
Restoration - Wish, 9th lvl Resurrect Ritual or similar magic.

1 to 50 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OP7] PF2e - 03-15: Cavern of the Sundered Song All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.