Zero's Q15: In the Footsteps of Horror (Inactive)

Game Master Super Zero

Slides Tabletop
RPG Chronicles
Low Tier - 15 CP


101 to 150 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Again, nothing hinders the Pathfinders as they collect the rubbing.

The door is locked. It looks fairly sturdy, but certainly not impossible to break down. The visible key hole may suggest an easier way to get past the door, though, and there's also the stairs leading deeper.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2033 | CG Female Halfling | Acrobat | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F/R/W: 6/8/8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Medicine/Stealth/Survival: +6, Athletics: +5, Lore (Circus, PFS): +3, Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Thievery(U): +3 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Mandy whispers to Basag. "Why don't you ask that overgrown beetle to kick it down?"

Radiant Oath

NG Male Rock Dwarf Fighter 2 / Cavalier of the Pathfinder Society | Guard | Animal Companion (Mount) Salagubang | HP 34/34, AC 19 (21 w Steel Shield raised or ↺ Reactive Shield), Fortitude** +8 (+1 Poison Resistance, DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Reflex** +7 (DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Will* +5, Perception** +7 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions none | ◆◇↺

"Hmm, I dunno, I have seen her kick things." he shrugs. "Maybe she can try." Basag instructs his large beetle to kick the black metal door.


Female Young Beetle Animal Companion 2 | Master Basag Bungo | HP 26/26, AC 16 w Light Barding, Fortitude* +7 Reflex* +5 Will* +5, Perception* +5 (low-light vision), Stealth +1 | Speed 35 ft | ◆◇↺

Salagubang obediently follows. She launches herself toward it and kicks the door.
Athletics to Kick Door: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)

Macondi stands to the side and hides behind his shield, humming softly to himself, ♪♫"Knock, knock, knocking on creepy door."♩♪

Vigilant Seal

TN Gnome (Bleachling, Umbral) Tomb Born Thaumaturge (Lantern) / Blessed One 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Investigate w/ automatic check vs trap, hazard, haunt, secret
Stats:
AC 20 | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+8), Will (+8) | Perception (+9) w/ darkvision | Speed 25 | Reactions @ Empathetic Plea (if attacked), Final Spite (when felled)
♥️ 39/39 | ☀️ □ | ☘️ ☑ | ✋✋ Lantern Implement & Cane Pistol | ⚕ none | School: Burning Hands □

Swix cocks an eyebrow at the brutey bug...

Radiant Oath

2396852-2033 | CG Female Halfling | Acrobat | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F/R/W: 6/8/8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Medicine/Stealth/Survival: +6, Athletics: +5, Lore (Circus, PFS): +3, Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Thievery(U): +3 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Mandy has her sling staff ready to unleash a rock...


Door? Was there a door?

Well, there isn't one there any more. Apparently it wasn't sturdy at all.

The first feeling that this room gives is the promise of home and light. The second is a palpable wave of dread, as a wave of negative void energy flows into the chamber, pouring into the open sarcophagus at its center. Excess energy flows around like a foul wind, smelling faintly of ozone. In the distance, screams echo, or perhaps laughter? It’s impossible to make out. A tattered and rotted body quickly rises from the sarcophagus, garbed in rotted and torn fabrics that may have once been a sign of nobility.

“Finally, I can feel that I’m freed from that accursed lich, and I believe I have you to thank. Sadly, the only gratitude I can offer is death. I need your strength to become my strength, so I can repay those who betrayed me!”

The figure immediately raises its greatsword to attack. In the adjoining room, two more crypts burst open, their animated occupants lurching into the room.

Swix's turn.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Alystair Caskwater (Black)
Macondi (26/26)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (34/34)
>- Salagubang (26/26)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

GM Dice (Initiative):
Alystair: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Mandy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Basag: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Macondi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Pennypockets: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Swix: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Vigilant Seal

TN Gnome (Bleachling, Umbral) Tomb Born Thaumaturge (Lantern) / Blessed One 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Investigate w/ automatic check vs trap, hazard, haunt, secret
Stats:
AC 20 | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+8), Will (+8) | Perception (+9) w/ darkvision | Speed 25 | Reactions @ Empathetic Plea (if attacked), Final Spite (when felled)
♥️ 39/39 | ☀️ □ | ☘️ ☑ | ✋✋ Lantern Implement & Cane Pistol | ⚕ none | School: Burning Hands □

"There is no transcendence for you, fool!" Swix retorts "From dust you emerge, to dust you return. Something cannot come from nothing. For in a void, there is only blackness, and light will not shine!" he shines his light on the fool creature, then blasts him with his cane!

Esoteric Lore (Expert) vs Alystair Caskwater: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

◆) Step
◆) Exploit Vulnerability
◆) Strike

Cane Pistol of Potency (Concussive, 30-ft) w/ range (-2) vs Alystair Caskwater: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 = 211d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 plus Mortal Weakness or Personal Antithesis (3)


Swix isn't able to determine Alystair's existing weaknesses, but he's picked up more than enough about him to come up with something more personal. And also to shoot him, though that didn't require any particular information.
Exploit is a failure, so you get Personal Antithesis. The attack's a hit, though.

Snarling and... gurgling? he charges towards Salagubang. Up close, Basag can see that he looks wet, as though his corpse was just pulled from the water. But the stains he leaves on the floor aren't just wet, they're reddish like bloody water.
He swipes his sword at both beetle and rider--missing both entirely.
◆ Stride
◆◆ Swipe Greatsword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 This attack targets two enemies with one attack roll, but that isn't hitting either of you.

Macondi's turn.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Alystair Caskwater (Black, -8)
Macondi (26/26)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (34/34)
>- Salagubang (26/26)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)

Macondi moves towards Basag while charging his hands with magical energy. "Let me see your weapon for just a second."

◆ Step, ◆◆ Magic Weapon on Basag's weapon of choice.

Spell usage:

Focus: 2/2
1st: □ ☑ ☑


The skeletons begin to clatter forward. The first to reach the doorway raises its shortbow and fires two arrows at Basag. The first is a nigh-perfect shot, but the second he just manages to deflect with his shield.
◆ Stride
◆ Strike Shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 for piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and deadly damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9
◆ Strike Shortbow (MAP): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Miss with Reactive Shield, which I'll assume you use.

Basag, Pennypockets, and Mandy's turns.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Alystair Caskwater (Black)
Macondi (26/26)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (19/34, magic weapon)
>- Salagubang (26/26)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)
GM Super Zero wrote:
The first to reach the doorway raises its shortbow and fires two arrows at Basag. The first is a nigh-perfect shot,

"Ooooof," Macondi flinches in sympathy. "Hold on, I can fix that... Just..." He checks his belt and pockets for a second or two. "Just a moment..."

Radiant Oath

NG Male Rock Dwarf Fighter 2 / Cavalier of the Pathfinder Society | Guard | Animal Companion (Mount) Salagubang | HP 34/34, AC 19 (21 w Steel Shield raised or ↺ Reactive Shield), Fortitude** +8 (+1 Poison Resistance, DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Reflex** +7 (DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Will* +5, Perception** +7 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions none | ◆◇↺

"Wow, lovely! Thanks!" Basag is excited about the magic imbued to his axe but is distracted by the arrows shot at him. "Let's do this!" Basag commands Salagubang to support him. He then swings his axe at the enemy in front of them. "Take this!"

+1 Striking Dwarven War Axe vs Alystair: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14 slashing damage

"And this! Get out of our way!" he swings the axe again!
+1 Striking Dwarven War Axe, MAP vs Alystair: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 5 = 16
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16 slashing damage

◆ Command an Animal (◆ Support)
◆ Strike
◆ Strike
↺ Reactive Shield

Support:
Your beetle stomps around and smashes into foes, knocking them off balance or pushing them aside when you create an opening. Until the start of your next turn, while riding on your beetle, your Strikes that deal damage either make the target flat-footed until the end of your next turn or move the target 5 feet away from the beetle (this is forced movement). The target chooses which effect occurs.


Basag cuts into the undead monster hunter once. Even with Salagubang knocking him off-balance, the next swing is a near miss.

Pennypockets and Mandy's turns.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Alystair Caskwater (Black, -22, Off-Guard)
Macondi (26/26)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (19/34, magic weapon)
>- Salagubang (26/26)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

Radiant Oath

2396852-2033 | CG Female Halfling | Acrobat | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F/R/W: 6/8/8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Medicine/Stealth/Survival: +6, Athletics: +5, Lore (Circus, PFS): +3, Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Thievery(U): +3 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Mandy's eyes widen as she sees Alystair close with them. She immediately releases the rock she had placed in her sling staff, before reloading and firing again.

Halfling Sling Staff, 80' range, reload 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 for Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Doubled on Crit
Halfling Sling Staff, MAP, 80' range, reload 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 for Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Doubled on Crit

◆ Whiff
◆ Reload
◆ Whiff

Verdant Wheel

Gob Brd 2| HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6; | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (avoid))

"Smash their bones
break their heads
we don't want no walking deads!"

Penny starts singing again and then peppers Alystair with magic missiles!

◆ ◆ ◆ Missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) + 3 = 11


Neither of Mandy's shots hits home, but Penny's magical barrage thuds into the squelchy corpse. One of them hits the glowing area over where his heart should be, and he makes a terrible sound halfway between a shriek and a howl.
Mandy's attacks are both misses. Penny's damage bloodies him.

The remaining skeleton lurches into the room, shoving past the first. It raises its bow and takes a shot. The arrow whooshes over Salagubang and past Basag towards... Pennpockets? It's hard to be sure, as it hits nobody.
◆ Stride
◆ Stride, because otherwise it would be ending in the same space as the first one...
◆ Strike Basag/Salaguang/Swix/Mandy/Penny: 1d5 ⇒ 5 Shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Swix's turn.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Black Alystair Caskwater (-33, bloodied, Off-Guard)
Macondi (26/26)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (19/34, magic weapon)
>- Salagubang (26/26)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

Vigilant Seal

TN Gnome (Bleachling, Umbral) Tomb Born Thaumaturge (Lantern) / Blessed One 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Investigate w/ automatic check vs trap, hazard, haunt, secret
Stats:
AC 20 | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+8), Will (+8) | Perception (+9) w/ darkvision | Speed 25 | Reactions @ Empathetic Plea (if attacked), Final Spite (when felled)
♥️ 39/39 | ☀️ □ | ☘️ ☑ | ✋✋ Lantern Implement & Cane Pistol | ⚕ none | School: Burning Hands □

"Through the Eye of the Beetle" muttering some nonsense, Swix takes aim through his ally's giant legs, shoving stout shells into the shaft of his walking cane.

Cane Pistol of Potency (Concussive, 30-ft) vs Alystair Caskwater: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 plus Personal Antithesis (3)

◆) Reload
◆) Strike
◆) Lay on Hands

Lay on Hands (rank two) @ Basag: 12 = 12 @ +2 status to AC for 1 round

He shines his light on his mounted friend "If you Fall, we all Fall! Not me! Not at All!"


Swix's shot is a miss, though his healing magic isn't amiss.

Shrieking with rage, Alystair swings his sword again. He slashes Basag and slices deeply into his beetle mount. Something wet that smells rancid also slaps against Basag's face as he swings.

He then steps back with a hiss, so that he's no longer directly in front of the doorway.

◆◆ Swipe greatsword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 for slashing damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15. A hit and a crit, which downs Salagubang. Basag must also make a DC 17 Fortitude save, becoming Sickened 1 on a failure (Sickened 2 on a critical failure)
◆ Step

Macondi's turn.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Black Alystair Caskwater (-33, bloodied, Off-Guard)
Macondi (26/26)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (16/34, +2 AC, magic weapon, DC 17 Fort)
>- Salagubang (0/26, unconscious, prone, Dying 2)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

Radiant Oath

NG Male Rock Dwarf Fighter 2 / Cavalier of the Pathfinder Society | Guard | Animal Companion (Mount) Salagubang | HP 34/34, AC 19 (21 w Steel Shield raised or ↺ Reactive Shield), Fortitude** +8 (+1 Poison Resistance, DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Reflex** +7 (DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Will* +5, Perception** +7 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions none | ◆◇↺

Does anyone have some healing for Salagubang? Thank you.

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)

Macondi watches, shocked, as the creature downs Salagubang in one swing. He sees Basag's pleading look, and Macondi focuses his mind and gathers energy. He releases the healing energy at the beetle, which closes the worst of the wound, though the mount remains injured and on the ground. "That will hold for now. We can tend more later."

Not wanting to risk the same fate as the beetle, Macondi cowers behind his own shield.

◆◆ Stabilize, ◆Raise Shield


The skeleton guard moves further into the room, peppering the room behind the Pathfinders with arrows; none find their mark.
* Stride
* Strike Basag/Swix/Mandy/Penny: 1d4 ⇒ 4 shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
* Strike Basag/Swix/Mandy: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Shortbow (MAP): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Basag, Pennpockets and Mandy's turns.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Black Alystair Caskwater (-33, bloodied, Off-Guard)
Macondi (26/26, shield raised)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (16/34, +2 AC, magic weapon, DC 17 Fort)
>- Salagubang (0/26, unconscious, prone)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

Verdant Wheel

Gob Brd 2| HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6; | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (avoid))

"Goblins stab,Goblins bite,
Leave you dying in the night.
Goblins turn your bones to paste,
All your dreams be laid to waste,
Goblins put sticks in your head,
We be Goblins,
YOU BE DEAD!"

◆ Inspire Courage (+1 to hit and damage)
◆◆ Double move.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Rock Dwarf Fighter 2 / Cavalier of the Pathfinder Society | Guard | Animal Companion (Mount) Salagubang | HP 34/34, AC 19 (21 w Steel Shield raised or ↺ Reactive Shield), Fortitude** +8 (+1 Poison Resistance, DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Reflex** +7 (DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Will* +5, Perception** +7 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions none | ◆◇↺

I'm back.

"Thanks, Macondi!" Basag unmounts himself from the unconscious giant beetle. He then slashes Alystair with his axe!
+1 Striking Dwarven War Axe (w Magic Weapon), IC vs Alystair: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7, 7) + 4 + 1 = 19 slashing damage

"That's for Salagubang! How dare you! You will go back to where you came from!"

◆ Unmount
◆ Strike
◆ Raise a Shield
↺ Shield Block or Attack of Opportunity

AoO if triggered:
+1 Striking Dwarven War Axe (w Magic Weapon), IC vs Alystair: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 28
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6, 7) + 4 + 1 = 18 slashing damage


Basag Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Basag is Sickened 2.

The smell of the foul sludge, a rotting mix of seaweed and rancid flesh, is certainly getting to Basag. Nonetheless he slices cleanly through the form of the undead creature before him. He howls as he falls, and Basag feels an odd lurch like the rolling see threatening his stomach as well.
Alystair is down. But Basag is affected by a mariner's curse, DC 19.

Mandy's turn.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Macondi (26/26, shield raised)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (16/34, +2 AC, magic weapon, Sickened 2, Will DC 19)
>- Salagubang (0/26, unconscious, prone)
Pennypockets (26/26, inspire courage)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard

Radiant Oath

NG Male Rock Dwarf Fighter 2 / Cavalier of the Pathfinder Society | Guard | Animal Companion (Mount) Salagubang | HP 34/34, AC 19 (21 w Steel Shield raised or ↺ Reactive Shield), Fortitude** +8 (+1 Poison Resistance, DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Reflex** +7 (DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Will* +5, Perception** +7 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions none | ◆◇↺

DC 19 Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 vs Mariner's Curse (Crit Success)

Radiant Oath

2396852-2033 | CG Female Halfling | Acrobat | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F/R/W: 6/8/8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Medicine/Stealth/Survival: +6, Athletics: +5, Lore (Circus, PFS): +3, Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Thievery(U): +3 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

GAH! Sorry. Totally forgot about it.

Mandy reloads her sling staff and shoots a rock at Pink, and reloads again.

Halfling Sling Staff, 80' range, reload 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 for Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Doubled on Crit

◆ Reload
◆ Strike?
◆ Reload

Something about vacations makes me forget...


With inspire courage, that's a hit which bloodies it.

Mandy's sling stone strikes the skeleton's head, leaving a large crack in its skull. The cracked skull rattles as it approaches Mandy, drawing its scimitar. It passes by Basag, but takes a swipe at Macondi as it reaches him; his shield deflects the attack.
* Draw scimitar, * Stride toward Basag/Penny/Macondi: 1d3 ⇒ 3, * Strike Scimitar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 for slashing damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.

Swix and Macondi's turns.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Macondi (26/26, shield raised)
Green Skeleton Guard
Basag (16/34, +2 AC, magic weapon, Sickened 2)
>- Salagubang (0/26, unconscious, prone)
Pennypockets (26/26, inspire courage)
Mandy (17/17)
Pink Skeleton Guard (-7, bloodied)

Radiant Oath

2396852-2033 | CG Female Halfling | Acrobat | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F/R/W: 6/8/8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Medicine/Stealth/Survival: +6, Athletics: +5, Lore (Circus, PFS): +3, Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Thievery(U): +3 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

"Ack! Beetle's hurt! Don't worry, I'll try to patch you up!!"

Vigilant Seal

TN Gnome (Bleachling, Umbral) Tomb Born Thaumaturge (Lantern) / Blessed One 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Investigate w/ automatic check vs trap, hazard, haunt, secret
Stats:
AC 20 | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+8), Will (+8) | Perception (+9) w/ darkvision | Speed 25 | Reactions @ Empathetic Plea (if attacked), Final Spite (when felled)
♥️ 39/39 | ☀️ □ | ☘️ ☑ | ✋✋ Lantern Implement & Cane Pistol | ⚕ none | School: Burning Hands □

"Fool"

Swix stuffs some more explosive rounds into his cane, advances over the beetle with dis-ceremony, and crushes the Pink skeleton.

◆) Reload
◆) Step or Stride
◆) Strike

Cane Pistol of Potency (1h, blunt, critical fusion) w/ Implement's Empowerment (+2) w/ Inspire (+1/+1) vs Pink: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 221d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)

Comparing Mandy's numbers with Swix's, I'm assuming that the pink one is now down.

Macondi squeaks a bit when the skeleton swipes at him and hits his shield. "I'll have to remember to tell Barak that the shield was definitely a good idea." Then Swix clobbers the skeleton. "Oh, right. And there is another one here too."

Macondi scoots around the downed bone pile and past the beetle, then hurries over to the corner of the room. He uses his free hand to send a lash of energy at the remaining skeleton.

Disrupt Undead +inspire: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 Basic Fortitude DC 16

◆ Stride, ◆◆ Disrupt Undead


Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Swix crushes one of the skeletons. Macondi's spell isn't as effective as he might have hoped in halting the advance of the undead, but it does seem to have done some damage.

Drawing its scimitar, the undaunted skeleton advances upon Basag. The scimitar draws a red line across his skin.
◆ Draw scimitar, ◆ Stride toward Swix/Macondi/Basag/Penny/Mandy: 1d5 ⇒ 3, ◆ Strike Scimitar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 for slashing damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

All PCs' turns.
Initiative:
Swix (39/39)
Macondi (26/26, shield raised)
Green Skeleton Guard (-4)
Basag (11/34, +2 AC, magic weapon, Sickened 2)
>- Salagubang (0/26, unconscious, prone)
Pennypockets (26/26, inspire courage)
Mandy (17/17)

Radiant Oath

2396852-2033 | CG Female Halfling | Acrobat | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F/R/W: 6/8/8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Medicine/Stealth/Survival: +6, Athletics: +5, Lore (Circus, PFS): +3, Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Thievery(U): +3 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Mandy unleashes two more bullets at the green skeleton.

Halfling Sling Staff, 80' range, reload 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Doubled on Crit
Halfling Sling Staff, MAP, 80' range, reload 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 for Bludgeoning Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Doubled on Crit

She watches with satisfaction as the first stone hits the skeleton but curses as the other goes wide.

◆ Strike
◆ Reload
◆ Whiff

If IC is still up then please add 1 to attack and damage, though the second attack isn't coming anywhere near the target

Verdant Wheel

Gob Brd 2| HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6; | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (avoid))

Penny keeps up the singing, a furious fire in his eyes as he spits out the melody...

"Goblins gnash,Goblins wail,
Eat your face and pull your tail,
Goblins torch and goblins burn,
cook your bits up in an urn,
Goblins turn you into roast
We be Goblins,
YOU BE TOAST!"

TK Projectile

Attack 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

◆ Inspire Courage (+1 to hit and damage)
◆◆ Telekinetic Projectile

Vigilant Seal

TN Gnome (Bleachling, Umbral) Tomb Born Thaumaturge (Lantern) / Blessed One 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Investigate w/ automatic check vs trap, hazard, haunt, secret
Stats:
AC 20 | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+8), Will (+8) | Perception (+9) w/ darkvision | Speed 25 | Reactions @ Empathetic Plea (if attacked), Final Spite (when felled)
♥️ 39/39 | ☀️ □ | ☘️ ☑ | ✋✋ Lantern Implement & Cane Pistol | ⚕ none | School: Burning Hands □

"Time to Leave"

Swix walks over and pops the Final Bone with his cane.

◆) Stride
◆◆) Strike x2

Cane Pistol of Potency (1h, blunt, critical fusion) w/ Implement's Empowerment (+2) w/ Inspire (+1/+1) vs Final Bone (Flanking): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 231d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 9
Cane Pistol of Potency (1h, blunt, critical fusion) w/ Implement's Empowerment (+2) w/ Inspire (+1/+1) w/ MAP (-5) vs Final Bone (Flanking): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 - 5 = 131d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 9


Under the rain of blows from the three Pathfinders, the last skeleton falls into a crumbling pile of broken bones.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Rock Dwarf Fighter 2 / Cavalier of the Pathfinder Society | Guard | Animal Companion (Mount) Salagubang | HP 34/34, AC 19 (21 w Steel Shield raised or ↺ Reactive Shield), Fortitude** +8 (+1 Poison Resistance, DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Reflex** +7 (DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Will* +5, Perception** +7 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions none | ◆◇↺

Seeing that the enemies are gone, he goes for his giant beetle, finding that she is unconscious but stable. "Let's rest a bit until she wakes up maybe?" he makes a request to them to stay for a while. "Anyone that can heal her or something?" everyone can see that he is somewhat teary-eyed.

Verdant Wheel

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Gob Brd 2| HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6; | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (avoid))

Penny continues with the cackling glee only a Goblin can truly foster...

"Wake up, wake up, sleepy head
Don't be dying, don't be dead.
Goblins song will make you wake,
a crying dwarf is hard to take,
Stop your dying, turning blue,
Here's a healing tune for you!'

Soothe 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


The final pages of Alystair’s journal sit within the sarcophagus. They are frenzied writings mentioning a double cross, that it was all to complete her soul cage. That she was drowning them one-by-one in a pool of blood and offal. It goes on to state the soon-to-be lich had already turned several of his allies into her undead servants once the pool drained them entirely of vitality.

Alystair laments that, in the end, he was the one trapped. There is no more following that entry. The completed journal seems to tell of a futile pursuit of the mage who would become the lich Hekoz.

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)

Macondi looks around the room here for any more of the murals. "There are still the stairs down. Maybe there are murals there too. But I just want to get out of this gloomy place."

Vigilant Seal

TN Gnome (Bleachling, Umbral) Tomb Born Thaumaturge (Lantern) / Blessed One 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Investigate w/ automatic check vs trap, hazard, haunt, secret
Stats:
AC 20 | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+8), Will (+8) | Perception (+9) w/ darkvision | Speed 25 | Reactions @ Empathetic Plea (if attacked), Final Spite (when felled)
♥️ 39/39 | ☀️ □ | ☘️ ☑ | ✋✋ Lantern Implement & Cane Pistol | ⚕ none | School: Burning Hands □

"No!"

Swix stamps his cane.

"We Scribe!"

He heads downstairs...

Radiant Oath

2396852-2033 | CG Female Halfling | Acrobat | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F/R/W: 6/8/8 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Medicine/Stealth/Survival: +6, Athletics: +5, Lore (Circus, PFS): +3, Nature(U)/Religion(U)/Thievery(U): +3 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Mandy tries her hand at healing.

Medicine(T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

She hisses in frustration at forgetting what the lion tamer taught her about stitching up bite wounds...

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)
Antiquarian Swix Harlequinn wrote:

"No!"

Swix stamps his cane.

"We Scribe!"

He heads downstairs...

Macondi watches Swix leave the room confidently. He looks over his shoulder at the shifting patterns of light trying to dispel the gloom of the area - patterns that show that their way back to the normal world is just around the corner.

He looks back at the doorway. "Um... I suppose we shouldn't let him head into the depths of the place alone." Macondi looks over at Salagubang and Basag. "Are you two both doing OK? I think you two took the worst of the fighting earlier."

Radiant Oath

NG Male Rock Dwarf Fighter 2 / Cavalier of the Pathfinder Society | Guard | Animal Companion (Mount) Salagubang | HP 34/34, AC 19 (21 w Steel Shield raised or ↺ Reactive Shield), Fortitude** +8 (+1 Poison Resistance, DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Reflex** +7 (DC +2 vs Shove or Trip), Will* +5, Perception** +7 (darkvision), Stealth +1 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions none | ◆◇↺

"Thank you so much!" Basag is very happy when he sees his companion rising up and moving. "Let's continue our mission and get out of this place!" he adds, worrying more undead might attack them.

"Hurt but still alive," he replies to Macondi before he mounts himself at the back of the giant beetle.


The lower floor is on the map in the top right corner.

This room seems to be a crypt or catacomb, its walls full of niches. A ladder hangs partway down from the center of the largest chamber, though the area above it seems to have collapsed as its exit is entirely obscured by rubble. Cruel laughter echoes off the walls, and the shadows seem even deeper than elsewhere in this shadowed place, the room even colder.

The laughter stops abruptly.

Verdant Wheel

Gob Brd 2| HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6; | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (avoid))

Penny gestures for someone to take the lead, someone other than Penny...

Grand Archive

"Huh? Wait, what?" | CG Male Gnome Oracle 2 | HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +7; | Perception +5 low-light vision | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (search)

"Be better to not be hurt. I only have a little bit of magic left to heal with."

Macondi follows the others, but is clearly very nervous about going into unknown and possibly dangerous territory while one of their team members is still so injured.

From what I can see, Basag is at 11/34 HP and Salagubang is at 9/26. I only have one spell slot available for Heal.

Verdant Wheel

Gob Brd 2| HP 26 | AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +6; | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25 | Spell DC 18 | Exploration (avoid))

I also have one Soothe left


A trio of giggling, hissing sprites appear from the shadows. Taller than most sprites, they're nearly as tall as a halfling or goblin or gnome. One of them who looks a bit more powerful than the others might even be slightly taller.

They... don't look well. And they don't look friendly. They look like some kind of undead, and seem to drain light away as they approach. Each of them holds a rapier at the ready.

They have a shadow aura that can counteract light and darkness effects, leaving dim light within 10 feet of them. This won't work against Swix's lantern, because it's too powerful.

GM Dice: Initiative:
Magenta: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Cyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Mandy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Basag: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Macondi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Penny: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Swix: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

The first zips through the air, darting closer to the Pathfinders with a shriek. It hurls motes of shadow at Swix--failing to connect with either.
* Stride, * Strike shadow spark: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18, * Strike shadow spark: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Swix's turn.
Initiative:
Cyan Arisen Shadow Pixie
Swix (39/39)
Yellow Arisen Shadow Pixie
Macondi (26/26)
Magenta Elite Shadow Pixie
Basag (34/34)
>- Salagubang (26/26)
Pennypockets (26/26)
Mandy (17/17)

101 to 150 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zero's Q15: In the Footsteps of Horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.