[PFS1][Gameday XII] PFS1e #9-09: Beyond the Halflight Path (STANDARD) (Inactive)

Game Master soulnova

Maps and slides
RPG Chronicles


51 to 100 of 415 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Well, I hope the locals are as helpful as you have been, Horus. we'll get it done... Patros says before he heads out to glean any information from chatting with the locals.

diplo, gather info: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"I'm quite interested in finding out how the damage was caused. Was it an explosion, or was the structural integrity compromised? Or perhaps the age of the building's materials –the mortar or wood– deteriorated. Maybe two powerful wizards in an arcane duel?" he rambles as he shuffles along with the group.
"He never did specify what type of property damage. Maybe it's just graffiti by local hoodlums." he shrugs.

Shamus sidles up to Reena's side.
"You wouldn't happen to know anything, young lady, would you?" he inquires.

---------------------------------

Shamus employs his winsome charm and a cordial, squinty smile to aid his companions as they inquire amongst the locals for information regarding the property damage.
Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Welp. There's my only Nat 20 for the game. *Sigh*

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Will the rest of the party aid or roll on their own for rumors?

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Aaaaand another Nat one. LOL. I'm so glad that PF1 does not punish bad rolls for aid another. ;-)

Again, Dimak tries to aid his comrades, but he surely is no help at all. In fact, he is lucky that he doesn't piss off the wrong person with his rude behavior...

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Radu trys to assist Patros with his enquiries but is clearly put off by all of the animated corpses and is not much help.

Picking up on Shamus' comments regarding the acquisition of an undead, the Pharasman notes "I'm not sure how serious your comments were, but I would caution against such business. While Horus may persuade customers that his work is entirely ethical and does not harm the previous owners of the bodies he re-animates, that is not true. Even mindless undead retain a fraction of their original soul, not enough to prevent the main soul from moving on, but enough to cause it harm until the undead is destroyed. In my view it is a deeply unethical practice."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

I agree...it might seems somewhat normal if the person gives the say so ahead of time...but it just seems so wrong.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

K. Local w Free Insp: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + (1) = 18

K. Arcana w Free Insp: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 11 + (3) = 26

Las shares what he knows with the group.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Reena greets you outside and shares what she knows.

I heard a thing or two about the recent events but I have my head on other matters. Some people said it felt like an expansion wave. Like an explosion or something, but no fire or sound... like a bubble poping. Some say it felt like it came from below.

As you move around to the affected districts and ask around you get a number of recent rumors in the area, althought the witnesses prefer to stay out of any trouble this could bring.

You encounter two mentions of a weird looking group of people in ivory and red robes and cloaks heading down the path on their own a couple of days before the incident.

A stout dwarf is open to talk with you. "I've walked up that path quite a few times now, but I'm not going down there again until the Duskwardens take a close look at my complaints! I almost broke my neck. Someone put up a tripwire right near the edge of a drop-off yesterday and I only just stopped myself from going over. Ended up on my face, flat on the ground instead! And what do I see?" the rumormonger asks, pausing dramatically. "A footprint about the size of my hand, but with scales and claws at the end of the toes. Plain as day, right in the mud. Reptilians! Of course when I took a Duskwarden back, he couldn't spot it. Typical!"

A young half-elf claims a merchant on the way out saw something skitter away to one of the tunnels when he was going down the halflight path, a creature devoid of a head, or any features at all save for four short, clawed legs. He didn't think twice and ran away as fast as he could. He said he wouldnt return to Kaer Maga for all the gold in Golarion.

Gindalee, a poor old halfling lady with a cute colorfull shawl approaches you with big fearful eyes. She's shaking in a corner of an alley that would take you to the Halflight Path. After Patros and Shamus help her calm down, she talks about how she was sleeping on the floor in the guest room at her cousin Gel's when she heard someone moving. "I started to open the door and saw Gel walking away, all calm. Then I saw it!" she shudders, "It was big like a person, like a walking octopus! I just stared at its eyes and I felt myself just drift away..." She pauses. "By the time I came to, Gel was gone and so was it. I think they were headed towards the Halflight Path." She points terrified. She has had trouble with the duskwardens before and was afraid to report it.

You are unsure which if some or all these rumors could be directly related to your particular incident. Reena feels that's as much as people are willing to share with you, which is a lot, considering they tend to keep to themselves.

Where to next?

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"I think we spoke about visiting the Augurs next." suggests Radu.

"I'd certainly be intrigued to see how they perform their divinations."

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Dimak agrees: "The Augurs it is."

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"Hmm. Reptilians with big feet, explosions in the streets, and a hypnotizing tentacled monstrosity."

"The augurs should be able to narrow something down for us. If not, I believe I could get some sort of augury spell on a scroll for us."

Shamus still continues to think about what his friends said about having an undead porter. It might not be the most practical thing. They are rather slow and it could cause a lot of issues with an adventuring party. Every so often he stares at Reena, their guide, and considers asking her if she would like a job as his personal porter.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Augurs it is...I think I saw that one coming... Patros says with a slightly cheesy grin.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"Yep, we should ask the augurs about reptilians and octopus-like creature."

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Reena thanks Shamus for his offer but she's happy to live in Kaer Maga. She's well connected and has found her place here. She does know a number of people who would certainly looking for a way out of the city.

Reena helps them navigate the streets to find an Augur. They don't have a particular place where they hang out together. But after some looking and asking around you encounter one of the trolls by a small food stand as she finish buying a bulk load of jerky and spirits.

The troll is female and has mottled, moss-green skin, stands tall and imposing. Strands of long, wiry black hair cascade down her back and bone ornaments dangle from her ears. She's wearing a patchwork of stitched leather garments and tattered robes. In the belt around her wide waist, a long knife with a jagged blade is sheathed in a crude leather scabbard. She regards you with a curious gaze.

"Travelers... I sense your curiosity, your quest for knowledge. What questions do you bring to Nuregore of the Augurs of Kaer Maga?"

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"It is a pleasure to meet you Nuregore." says Radu with a polite bow. "We are investigating the cause of some property damage in Ankar-Te and were hoping we could use your skills, along with what we have already discovered, to help narrow down our search and get to the bottom of this puzzle?"

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
Jaakko Varpunen wrote:
"Yep, we should ask the augurs about reptilians and octopus-like creature."

"Yeah, I need to know if they are smash-able by my weapons or if I need to buy some upgrades!"

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

I assume you tell her the rumors you have found so far.

Nuregore listens intently as you share the rumors you've gathered, her sharp eyes narrowing as she processes the information. Her initial impression is that you have done your homework.

"My fee is usually 100 gold pieces for a reading like this one, but your efforts have not gone unnoticed..." she rumbles, her voice heavy with approval. After a moment's contemplation, she decides to lower her fee, recognizing recognizing your potential. "Twenty gold pieces shall suffice."

With a cryptic air about her, Nuregore raises a clawed hand, gesturing for the adventurers to follow. "With so many threads woven into this tapestry of whispers, seeking a particular truth is like chasing shadows in the dark. Instead," she continues, changing to a more hopeful tone. "...let me help you discover the heart of your quest. Come, we shall find a place more suitable for the ritual to commence."

She turns away, and begins to lead the way through the labyrinthine streets of Kaer Maga, back to her private abode, in a more quiet part of the district. Once inside Nuregore extends her large hand expecting payment before start.

You may attempt to lower the 20gp fee if you want with a Diplomacy check, adding a +2 from Reena.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

How about 15...and we mention your name...might be worth the 5 gold difference... Patros says, trying his luck.

diplo: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"Any aid you could give would certainly be appreciated by the local community given how spooked everyone is by what has been going on." adds Radu...

Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

...although he is not as convincing as he'd hoped.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Nuregore an amused chuckle. "Fine, fine... just because it's your first time," the troll takes the money with a wink

Reena quickly provides a paper bag for each of you. "Just in case you need. Alright, I'll be waiting outside. Good luck with the reading!" She quickly sees herself out.

Just as soon as Nuregore sits and gestures you to do the same. She then kneels on the ground in front of you, draws a long knife from her belt and, with a powerful swipe, slices the blade across her belly. She carefully reaches inside her abdomen and draws forth her glistening internal organs, lifting them to her eye level. She does not respond to the powerful odor that wells forth and instead studies her intestines intently. The troll frowns, and her eyes narrow. She sets her knife and intestines on the ground then reaches deeper into her abdomen, finally drawing out her stomach. She palpates it gently as if feeling for something. "The walls are weak and it crumbles easily, the place you seek. A place beneath and below, yet there is much light." A rumbling groan originates from her stomach, the gurgle startlingly loud. Nuregore raises her eyebrows and looks at the group. "It falls apart. Beware."

With careful skill, Nuregore shoves her innards back and presses the skin together. Her greenish hide knits together quickly, and she stands. "Those are the visions I see." she says finishing her read and wishing you good luck with your quest.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus cringes at the sight –and smell– of Nuregore cutting herself open. Disgust soon turns into astonishment at her style of divination. He contemplates on her words after she finishes.

Shamus addresses his companions as they stroll down the street.
"Crumbling walls. A place 'beneath and below'. Hmm. And much light." he muses.

"Not much to go on, but, from what we've heard so far about this Halflight Path, that might be the place to look. I suggest we pay a visit to the Duskwardens."

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las raises an eyebrow as the troll begins vivisecting herself. As he listens, he can't hell but question the authenticity of the ritual.

Spoiler:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

"Well, seems truthful enough."

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Reena is waiting outside with a waterskin. She passes it to whoever seems in need to refresh themselves. "Everyone good? Want some water? Seeing the Augurs for the first time is *an experience*, but they are certainly legit."

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Radu thanks Nuregore for her help.

"That really was fascinating." he comments to his allies as they leave. "I agree Shamus, visiting the Duskwardens would seem to be a sensible next step."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"Thanks for water, I agree we should now go to Duskwardens."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

I've seen augurs work before...was more prepared this time around... Patros says with a slight chuckle.

To the Duskwardens, then.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Finding the Duskwardens is easy enough; Reena and almost anyone in town can point to the Duskwarden's Guildhouse in the Bis district.

The multilevel structure within the rest of Kaer Maga's walls has collapsed in Bis, leaving only the walls and the highest ceiling. Buttressed platforms soar off the sides of the walls, each holding a small collection of homes and businesses. A hodgepodge network of pulley-drawn elevators provides transportation between the platforms.

The Guildhouse itself is a squat and solid structure with a placard bearing the group's twisted-arch insignia in blue and gold. Two Duskwarden guard the entrance as you approach, and raise their hand.

"Halt, what business do you have here?" They seem tired and on edge.

Reena whispers at your side. "These might need a bit of convincing, seems like they've been busy..."

Reena will provide a +2 on Diplomacy on one roll for someone who wants to convince them to meet with someone for information on the vaults.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

After leaving the troll augur, Dimak comments: "Well, today I learned a great deal about troll anatomy! Might come in handy one day..." The barbarian smirks. "The Duskwardens it is, then."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

We're here to help with the reports of property damage...our friend Horus said we should contact you... Patros says.

diplo: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 = 27

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

The guards seem taken back by the mention of Horus as their friend. They look at Reena inquisitively and she simply nods.

"He sent to check on things. Seems like they have a good lead..."

One of the considers it gravely and after a small pause she waves at you to follow her. "This way, Talbern will want to speak with you."

She escorts you inside their hall, bustling with activity. Several groups of rangers prepare to leave, sharing maps, indications, checking their gear.

You are taken to a small practical office near the back. A half-elf ranger woman looks over maps, reports and missives on her desk. The guard comes closer to whisper a few things and she looks up at the newcomers in surprise.

"We're always glad to have competent help around here. Things have definitely seemed more 'lively' than usual down by the Undercity," Talbren says. "I heard Sheila had reached out to Horus and a group had arrived earlier to meet him, but I was not aware it would be to assist us. I can't deny I'm glad she got someone's attention, even if it was Horus'. How can I help, Pathfinders?"

Talbern is willing to answer some questions.

What do the Duskwardens do? "Mostly we patrol the Halflight Path. That's the underground passage leading from the bottom of the cliff up to the surface of Kaer Maga. We fight all kinds of threats and keep the path usable."

What kinds of threats are there along the path? "There usually isn't much beyond the usual danger in the form of treacherous terrain, and if you take it slowly you'll be fine. Once in a while, though, a creature creeps out of a vault and onto the path. That's where we step in. These past few days have been busy. Whatever affected the district, shook up some of the vaults below as well and riled up some creatures. We have our hands full at the moment."

Can you help us find the vault we need to explore?"If you're on a mission for one of the power brokers here in town, like Horus, of course. We don't want to take sides in their squabbles and prefer to help everyone. I have a list here of some vaults where we've noticed disturbances or unusual levels of activity. Maybe that will help narrow it down with their description."

Added Handout Slide 6

Spoiler:

Based on the information we’ve gathered so far, the following vaults seem most likely to be the source of the problems.

Blighted Well: Spiral stairway cut into rock leading to unknown depth.
Burrower’s Delve: Tunnels carved by unknown creature. Passages very smooth.
Frall’s Wake: Crypt-like. Perpetual low moaning throughout. Source unknown.
Scintillating Halls: Greenish-gray glow to the water. Large crystalline structures.
Scrivener’s Despair: Words written down disappear from pages and reappear on walls.
Shallow Dive: Partially submerged. Waters very clear.
Shining Deep: Numerous luminescent crystals throughout. Several cave-ins.
Sparklegrim Passage: Probable connection to the Darklands. Many disappearances nearby.
Torturer’s Pain: Prone to collapse in places. Unidentified metal devices on walls.
Vexing Grove: Fully-grown maple trees with unusual growths on leaves.

You may attempt to pick the right answer on your own with the information Nuregore provided you, or if you feel stuck, roll a K. Engineering check to identify the relevant bits about the vault. Talbern remains silent regarding your resourcefulness to figure it out yourselves. You do remember they don't usually allow people into the tunnels beyond the halflight path who cannot handle themselves.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"Nuregore said something about walls crumbling easily, am I correct?" Jaakko asks

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus squints in concentration as he looks at the list.
Well, The Shining Deep and Torturer's Pain both seem to have cave-ins and collapsing issues."

"One of those must be where the problems are coming from."

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

"Possibly," Talbern tilts her head to Shamus. "Did the Augur mention anything else of her vision? These two vaults are far away from each other... so they can be entirely unrelated otherwise."

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"I think she said something about much light down there?", Dimak interjects.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"Yes yes! Light! The auger mentioned lots of light!"

"I suppose it's the Shining Deep then.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las nods in agreement. "That, or Torture's Pain. But I suppose those metal objects are not shedding light."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/Her Human

Talbern nods satisfied with you deductions. "With how you describe it... I also believe it could be the Shining Deep."

"I'm glad the Society picked such capable group. I do not doubt you can pack a punch but knowing which direction to go it just as important and even life-saving down there. In other circumstances I would ask reckless explorers for a fee to cover the cost of likely going to recover their bodies and possessions should they perish in the depths... but I'm gonna trust you in this one."

"You have the Duskwarden's permission to travel outside the Halflight Path. I'll lead you there myself. We are short staffed so I'll see you to the entrance of the Shining Deep. You still have a chance to get some gear before we go. Let me know when you are ready."

At this, Reena turns to you all. "I guess I'll wait for you at the Last Rites. I'm not really made to go down adventuring. Once your mission is done, I'll take you to the bar for some well deserved dwarven ales!"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
soulnova wrote:
At this, Reena turns to you all. "(...) Once your mission is done, I'll take you to the bar for some well deserved dwarven ales!"

Dimak grins from ear to ear. "You bet we'll be back before you can count to ten!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

I'm ready..let's get this done with...there's drinking to be done... Patros says with a nod to Dimak.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Before they officially embarc Las uses his Longstrider wand again. If it looks like they group is headed for combat, he uses Heightened Awareness wand

Longstrider (UMD wFree Insp): 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 13 + (1) = 30

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"Hold on one moment, Reena." the elderly Samsaran says as he rises to his feet with the assistance of his slender morningstar.

"A final acquisition. A tradition of mine before any grand expedition." His gaze sweeps over his companions, the glint in his eyes igniting a contagious excitement.

"To my ancestors who watch over us, and to the path we're about to tread, may fortune favor our every step." Shamus says, his words infused with ancient reverence. "Who among you wishes to partake in this sacred blessing?"

In hushed tones, he unveils the arcane secrets of the Lucky Number spell, each syllable resonating with the promise of providence.

"It's on me, by the way." he declares with an infectious grin, a twinkle in his eye. "Though I must confess, there was one who declined in the past, to his own detriment. Selfishness can be a costly companion." Shamus' gaze momentarily drops, thinking of the poor lad from a past adventure.

"So, who's in?"
He retrieves a gleaming gold trade bar from his pouch, placing it into Reena's capable hands. "Would you be so kind, my dear, as to procure a few scrolls of Lucky Number for our gallant crew?" His tone is both eager and expectant, anticipation coursing through his veins.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"That's very kind of you Shamus." say Radu.

"As for me, I just need to spend a short time to sort out my remaining spells and then I'm all good to go."

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Reena has no problem on finding the requested scrolls for those who wish Shamus to cast it.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"I hope the merchant at Ye Olde Scroll Shoppe is an arcanist, bard, cleric, druid, hunter, inquisitor, oracle, paladin, red mantis assassin (I hope not), skald, sorcerer, summoner, warpriest, witch, or a wizard." Shamus says with an embarrassed, squinty chuckle.
"Because lucky number is not in my spell repertoire. Heh, heh."

"Oh! Good heavens! Radu here can cast it!" he exclaims with a pat on the lad's back.

It makes absolutely no sense that lucky number is not on the shaman list, nor any of the occult classes even though it's in the Occult Mysteries book. :/

Shamus' Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las nods in the negative. "I am not a gambler."

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---
Las Lajas wrote:
Las nods in the negative. "I am not a gambler."

"Oh, ho, ho!" Shamus shakes his head as he wags a finger at Lajas.

"My good lad, Lucky Number is not a gamble. It is a channeling of the ancient spirits that guide us, a weaving of the threads of fate that have bound us through countless cycles of rebirth. It is a gift from the eternal circle of life and death, a way to ensure that the threads align in our favor at pivotal moments. Trust that this is a sacred invocation, a calculated touch of destiny. My ancestral spirits that watch over us pass that luck along to you."

Shamus cringes as he feels a bonk on his head from the spirit of a past life.
"Shuddup, old man! Live fast, die young! AmIRiiiiight!?! YOLO!!!"

"Refuse if you wish, mister Lajas." Shamus says softly as he rubs the top of his head.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"When it comes to hitting enemies over the head with a hammer the success of our mission, I'll take any aid I can get, gamble or not! Thank you, Shamus. Know that I will protect you with all my might!"

Dimak is excited to have more magical buffs aid in addition to his own magic items.

Dimak's Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Oh, by the way: I have some wands that I'd like to be used in battle, but the damn things do not always listen to me... Anyone able to help me out there?"

The barbarian shows his small wand collection.

- Wand of CLW
- Wand of Infernal Healing
- Wand of Comprehend Languages (not really useful in combat)
- Wand of Enlarge Person
- Wand of Bless

In combat, Dimak loves to be large and blessed. He also likes to be healed afterwards. Anyone who says they can make that happen, is offered the respective wand.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"Good luck can be a life-saving thing. I'm willing to take one number." Jaakko volunteers for the spell

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---
Jaakko Varpunen wrote:
"Good luck can be a life-saving thing. I'm willing to take one number." Jaakko volunteers for the spell

Roll a d20 for your lucky number. Be sure to remember it! Put it in your header to help you remember it.

Dimak wrote:
Dimak's Lucky Number: 2

Nice! Even if you roll a 2 on a d10 or d12 for damage, you can reroll it. Probably best for a d20 roll, though.

Dimak wrote:

"Oh, by the way: I have some wands that I'd like to be used in battle, but the damn things do not always listen to me... Anyone able to help me out there?"

The barbarian shows his small wand collection.

Dimak's wands

- Wand of CLW
- Wand of Infernal Healing
- Wand of Comprehend Languages (not really useful in combat)
- Wand of Enlarge Person
- Wand of Bless

Shamus shuffles forward and picks out 3 of the wands.
"I can do cure light wounds, comprehend languages, and bless." he says as he plucks the wands from Dimak's hand.

"I, too, like to bless the group before each battle. Unfortunately, I can only do so once per day. This wand of bless will be quite beneficial for our team. Would you like me to cast it at the beginning of each battle?"

"I cannot help with the enlarge wand. We need an arcane caster for that, I believe. As for infernal healing, to be honest, that spell gives me the heebie jeebies."

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"My people are great believers in luck." says Radu, using the scroll.

Radu's Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"Thanks again Shamus."

"Incidentally I also have a wand of bless, so hopefully we can spread the load between them, although I typically only get a chance to use mine if we have time to prepare before a fight."

51 to 100 of 415 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS1][Gameday XII] PFS1e #9-09: Beyond the Halflight Path (STANDARD) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.