[PFS1][Gameday XII] PFS1e #9-09: Beyond the Halflight Path (STANDARD) (Inactive)

Game Master soulnova

Maps and slides
RPG Chronicles


201 to 250 of 415 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"If any of you need to quickly get into flank," Shamus calls out to his teammates, "I can teleport you anywhere on the other side of that brainy beast!"

Just let me know if any of you are interested in being jaunted over. I can do it on my next turn. It's my heaven's leap ability.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

i'll take it...will give Dimak a flank...

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"I'd certainly appreciate the creature being between me and someone else." replies Radu.

Having someone flanking with Radu, either by moving him or someone else, would be super useful as it would let him full attack with 2 weapons and 3d6 sneak attack on each (assuming this thing can be sneak attacked).

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Weakest Save, Immunities, spell like attack or Special abilities or special attacks

Las puts away his whip, and draws his crossbow as he moves next to the shaman.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

In the order you wrote them.

Intellect Devourer Knowledge:

Weakest Save: Fort
Immune: fire, mind-affecting effects
Spell-Lilke Abilities: (CL 8th)
Constant— detect magic
At will— confusion (DC 17, single target only) , daze monster (DC 15, no HD limit), inflict serious wounds (DC 16), invisibility, reduce size (as reduce person but self only)
3/day— cure moderate wounds, globe of invulnerability

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

The Intellect Devourer is smart enough to focus his attacks on Radu. It steps 5ft closer to him and attacks with all his claws with unnerving coordination.

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Claw damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Claw Attack 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Claw damage 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Claw Attack 3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Claw damage 3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Claw Attack 4: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Claw damage 4: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 2
Intellect Devourer 17 (-33 dmg)
Jaakko 17
Shamus 17 (-14)
Patros 16
Radu 14 (-8)
Las Lajas 9
Dimak 6

Everyone's up!

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

It might be a bit tricky for me to post during the next 24 hours, so I'll post my next action now but in a spoiler, so I don't potentially slow things down, as it depends on whether Radu is able to get into a flank or not (either by him and Patros stepping forward if that's viable, or Shamus Heaven's Leaping someone).

If Radu is able to get a flank:
Doing his best to ignore the unwanted attention form the Intellect Devourer, Radu waits for his ally to move into position then steps forward himself, drawing a second dagger as he does and attempting to plunge both weapons into the the party's cerebral looking foe while it is distracted.

Radu draws a second dagger using Quick Draw, 5 foot steps if neccessary to get the flank and then attacks the Intellect Devourer with both weapons.

Dagger (Main hand):
+1 adamantine dagger + DF + FF + flank: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 29
P/S damage + sneak + DF + FF: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (3, 2, 5) + 1 + 1 = 23

Dagger (Off hand):
+1 adamantine dagger + DF + FF + flank: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 28
P/S damage + sneak + DF + FF: 1d6 + 3 + 3d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (3, 1, 6) + 1 + 1 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

If the monster can 5ft-step on the stairs we should be able to do it as well - except if it has an ability to do so on steep stairs.

The barbarian waits a few seconds for Patros and Radu to move out of the way, then 5-ft-steps north and swings his hammer again with all his might.

"Die, stupid brain-dog!"

Rage MW Longhammer, Dwarven + RA + PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 - 2 = 15
Bludgeoning + PA: 2d6 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 9 + 6 = 23

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

With the creature surounded, Las drops his crosswbow (gently) and draws his whip as he approaches. With a swift action, he studies the combat of the devourer and attacks.

Stinging Whip (Adamantine, Lethal) wStudied Combat: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Damage wStudied Combat: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Las knew his attack wasn't going to hurt much, but his goal was to distract it.

Sapping Offensive (Ex) When the investigator damages a studied target, that creature cannot make attacks of opportunity for 1 round. An investigator must be at least 5th level to select this talent.

"Now, flank it!"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus shuffles quickly up to the group.
"Hang on tight, Dimak!"
With a wave of his arms and a droning chant that resonates throughout the caverns, Dimak suddenly disappears. For a split second, Dimak sees stars as long lines of light as they speed past and majestic celestial bodies of the universe in the distance, including far away galaxies and supernovae. He suddenly reappears on the other side of the brain creature, in a flank with Radu.

Moved Dimak into position on map. Dimak can not be the target of heaven's leap again for 24 hours.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Let me soften it up a bit for you, Dimak... Patros says as he slashes at the beast in a whirlwind of metal.

attack1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 241d8 + 9 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 7 = 23
attack2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d8 + 9 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 8 = 22
crit?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 302d8 + 18 ⇒ (8, 8) + 18 = 34

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"Ба зудӣ меафтад!" Jaakko shouts while sprinting back and shooting the brain monster.

Infernal:
It will fall soon!

+1 musket, pointblank, precise shot: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Dimak gets transported to flank the creature but is unable to hit it. Thankfully, Patros, Las Lajas and Radu's adamantine attacks make short work of the evil parasitic brain before it can start to move away.

COMBAT OVER

Now that the creature is dealt with, you can take a quick look at the potions and scroll.

Three red potions (Perception DC20):

cure serious wounds

Two bright blue potions (Perception DC16):

protection from evil

And an intricate scroll (read magic or spellcraft DC23):

summon monster III

Dimak and Radu see there's another set of STEEP stairs to the Southwest. Where would you want to head out next?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Don't know about what these are."

Perception (red): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Perception (blue): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus detects magic on the items and looks at each one closely.

Perception, take 10 for total of 23 on potions. Read magic for scroll.

"Okay. We have three potions of cure serious wounds and 2 potions of protection from evil. And a scroll of summon monster 3."

So are the cure serious wounds at CL 5? It's normally a 3rd level spell for clerics, so should only be DC 18 to identify with perception. I'm a bit confused and a bit distracted being at work. If I can use Spellcraft instead, I'd have a 19 with Take 10, btw.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/Her Human

Whoops yes, I was going with Caster level. lol Yeah, that should do.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Radu says a quick prayer for the Intellect Devourer, wishing it's soul a safe journey to the Boneyard, as he does his best to make sure the corpse is left in a respectful manner. He wonders about the Black Pudding and whether oozes have souls, he makes a mental note to look into that later...

"Those items all sound useful, who wants them?" he asks.

"I'd be able to use the scroll, but I may not be the best person if someone else is able to cast summoning spells? As for the healing potions, I guess it would make sense that any we don't need right now should go to those who can't heal themselves?"

"Once we're ready to move on, I can sneak over and check what's down those steps over there..." he adds pointing at the newly discovered steps.

Not wanting to waste the powerful healing potion on his slight injury, Radu uses his wand of cure light wounds to heal himself.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"Best to save those cure potions for when we really need them. I'll take care of myself with my wand."

Shamus pulls out his partially-charged wand of cure moderate wounds, and gives himself a tap.
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 7) + 3 = 13

Charges remaining reduced by 1.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Dimak looks at his hammer as if it had betrayed him, then asks his fellow melee pathfinders: "Seems I need an upgrade after this mission. What material do you suggest? Adamantine?"

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

As Radu moves to check what's down the stairs, he realizes the steps are slippery. His superior acrobatic skill keeps him from slipping prone and sliding down to whatever is at the bottom of the stairs. He may move down at half-speed to avoid falling.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las retrieves his crossbow. "I will happily hold one of the protection potions"

Can an invulnerable Rager actually be affected by potions and wands?

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"I'll take any magical protection available."

You don't want Dimak to turn on you just because a mage wiggled his finger. Trust me. ;-)

Las Lajas wrote:
Can an invulnerable Rager actually be affected by potions and wands?

Yes. There is nothing in the class features of the barbarian or this archetype that prevents that. You might be thinking of the Rage Power Superstition (see below), but Dimak did not select it (yet).

Superstition (Ex) (PRPG Core Rulebook pg. 33) wrote:
The barbarian gains a +2 morale bonus on saving throws made to resist spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities. This bonus increases by +1 for every 4 levels the barbarian has attained. While raging, the barbarian cannot be a willing target of any spell and must make saving throws to resist all spells, even those cast by allies.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"Adamantine is certainly a good chose." Radu replies to Dimak's question. "Once you can afford it moderate enchantment on a weapon can deal with foes who are more easily damaged by cold iron or silver, but you'd need much more powerful enchantment for those who need adamantine weapons to damage, so actual adamantine really helps with those. Plus there are things that only adamantine itself can help with. Its also super handy for things like smashing through doors!"

Once the party look ready, Radu goes to investigate further down the steps. "Be careful here, it looks quite slippery, I'll go and check what's at the bottom of the steps, to see if its worth all of us heading down."

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

I assume Radu can sneak down at half normal sneaking speed and avoid slipping?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

I agree...hence why I chose to get this enchanted. Patros says as he pats his blade now resting at his hip.

Cold wrought weapons are expensive to get enchanted...for some reason unbeknownst to me. Just think, Dimak...an adamantine door knocker... he says with a slight chuckle as he points to the dwarf's massive hammer.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

That's why I bring a cold iron/silver weapon and an oil of magic weapon with me everywhere! ;)

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Radu follows the stairs down without much of a problem, as stealthily as he can.

Looking out to the next area he sees that clear water fills most of this room, fed by a quickly moving waterfall to the east. Shimmering light from glowing gems embedded in the rock beneath the water provides a hypnotic, glittering luminance to the chamber.

The pool is 10 feet deep in the center. The water level remains constant, draining away through small fissures in the bottom of the pool.

Radu doesn't see any other particular thing here, except that the water might be extremely cold. You wouldn't want to be swimming here if you can help it.

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Radu carefully heads back up to the rest of the party. "Looks like it leads to a pool fed by the stream that the bridge goes over. I couldn't spot anything of particular interest down there, although the water seemed to be extremely cold."

"Does anyone want to investigate anything else on this side of the bridge? If not I'll go and scout out what's on the other side."

If everyone is ok with the plan, Radu will sneak over the bridge and investigate the cave entrances to the south, keeping an eye out for potential hazards as he goes.

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

I'll wait to see if anyone wants to follow or update their position on the map before continuing.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus slowly and carefully shuffles down the slippery steps, using rocky growths on the wall as handholds, to the edge of the pool.
"Those crystals are very radiant. Quite pretty."

He looks around for any loose gems and then casts detect magic in and around the pool.
"You never know what could be down there."

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

The detect magic doesn't return any ping in this area. The glowing seems to be natural just like the rest of the cave, because of the rare mineral of these crystal.

Because of the dim light, Radu would need to be positioned much closer than the bridge.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Radu approaches the two passages. From there, he can tell the stairs are steep and go down 5ft, leading to caves to the east and west. He doesn't notice anything dangerous from where he's standing. The walls continue to emit light from the accumulation of mineral/crystals on the cracks on the wall.

I'll wait for the others to update their position before continuing. You have a choice of east or west.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus slowly and carefully makes his way up the slippery slope and shuffles his way to the south end of the large cavern where his teammates await.
"Thank you for waiting, friends. I was hoping to find some pretty gems to take back home. Well, you know what they say about cavern exploration: 'Leave only footprints and take only memories'." he says with a squinty grin.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"Thanks for the advice, guys! Yeah, an adamantine door knocker sounds really amazing... I think I'm gonna save up for that."

After Shamus returns empty-handed from the cave, Dimak follows him south.

"Let's go west first, shall we?"

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

”West is good with me.” agrees Radu. ”Once we are all ready I can sneak ahead and see what is in there.”

While the party are gathering in the south of the cavern, Radu uses detect magic to check if there are any sources of magic in the cave that they are currently standing in or up ahead along the two passages.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"West it is then, after you Radu." Jaakko says and follows quietly behind

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Radu doesn't get any indication of magic on that side of the cave. He knows there are corners where the detection cone wouldn't properly go around, but at least this area doesn't seem to contain left over magics. From here he can tell this large room is filled with a massive pile of fallen rocks in the center. On a relatively flat section of wall in the southeastern corner, just as the edge of his view, an ancient set of metal shelves hangs attached to the wall, mostly turned to rust or broken by rockslides. This chamber must have been once the largest in the vault.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

With the party now gathered back together, Radu gazes into the chamber ahead of them.

"It looks like there are a few areas we can't see from here." says the Varisian "I'll double check that the coast is clear before we all go in."

Radu sneaks into the cave to the west looking for potential threats.

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

I've moved him to the far end of the cave so that he can take a look at what is beyond it to the south, but if he spots a threat before then (e.g. in the covered area to the north) he will likely stop to address it rather than continuing south.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Patros lets the scout do his thing, staying silent so as to not hinder his hearing.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

As Radu moves to the west, he hears strange chanting and a glow of light... something approaches.

From around the corner he sees a pale creature has four suckered arms that end in pincers. A gnashing maw gapes in its head between two staring eyes. Its skin changes patterns as it moves in an unnerving otherworldly way...

Visual reference on SLIDE 8

K. Planes DC18:
This creature is a Shoggti, Qlippoth. The shoggti are masters of mind manipulation, capable of seizing control of the thoughts of others and charming them into docile allies. They invade other realms in slaver bands, seeking out creatures to capture alive and return to the Abyss as charmed slaves—the fates of these poor souls is unknown, but likely has something to do with the qlippoth drive to reclaim the Abyss as their own.

Pick a single bit of information and for every +5 beyond the check you get another piece of info.

Creature Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

The creature is currently unaware of Radu, but it,s clear it has already noticed movement to the North of the chamber and is approaching to reach the others.

Assume Radu gets a surprise round if you act now. What do you do?

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Spotting the creature, Radu realises he is in an extremally dangerous situation. While the monster may not have spotted him, it is clearly aware of the rest of the party and he is standing right in its path. He desperately look around for alternative hiding places, but sees that none are available, leaving him with only one real option, retreat...

He falls back to the rest of the party, gesticulating that something dangerous is approaching from around the corner.

"I think we may have found that octopus monster." he whispers once he gets back to the group.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

The creature comes from around the corner, just as Radu reaches the others. It's tentacles rise threateningly.

In the recesses of your minds, a voice like the grinding of ancient stones resonates, piercing your thoughts.

Abyssal:

You pitiful creatures! Surrender your wills! You shall embrace the grandest of fates as my loyal thralls! Kneel in submission or meet your demise!

Whatever it said, it was NOT friendly.

GM:
Initiative
Init(CREATURE): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Ini(Shamus): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Ini(Radu): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Init(Patros): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Init(Jaakko V): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Init(Dimak): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Init(Las): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Round 1
Shamus 25
Patros 24
Dimak 21

CREATURE 20
Las Lajas 16
Jaakko 9
Radu 7

Bold may go. Those with K.Planes may roll to identify with the spoiler from before.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Has the creature come into view? Map hasn't been updated if so.
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus wouldn't have line of sight to it, anyway. I'll Delay.

"You okay, lad?" Shamus inquires as Radu quickly heads back to the group.
"You look like you've seen a ghost or something."

Shamus waits for the others to act.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Looks like that hammer might come in handy there, Dimak...let's get closer. Jaakko...mind purring a hole in that to soften it up for us? Patros says as he moves in closer.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

sorry had to run and missed updating the map. if jaakko wants to retcon his movement, he can.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"Shamus, can you use my wand to make me large again?"

Dimak briefly waits for an answer. (Delay, just after Shamus but before the creature.)

I just read that Shamus tried to hand the wands back after buffing for the black pudding. Must have missed that - Dimak would have told him to keep them while we are on this mission.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/Her Human

We can run with that. No problem. Shamus might have it in case he decides to use it now.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Ah. So Shamus is carrying the wand of [i]enlarge person. Understood.

"Got it right here." Shamus responds as he withdraws the wand from his pack. "Here ya go, my good lad." he says with a tap of the wand.

Shamus takes a step back to make room for the enlarged dwarf.

Also moved Lajas aside (who would've gotten shunted due to the enlarge).

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Sorry, Patros, can you update your position if you are moving please? Jaakko's token was moved but not your own.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
Shamus Shandy wrote:
Ah. So Shamus is carrying the wand of enlarge person. Understood.

... and also the wand of bless. ;-)

Shamus Shandy wrote:

"Got it right here." Shamus responds as he withdraws the wand from his pack. "Here ya go, my good lad." he says with a tap of the wand.

Shamus takes a step back to make room for the enlarged dwarf.

Also moved Lajas aside (who would've gotten shunted due to the enlarge).

Thanks! Combat-post is coming up in a few minutes.

201 to 250 of 415 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS1][Gameday XII] PFS1e #9-09: Beyond the Halflight Path (STANDARD) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.