[PFS1][Gameday XII] PFS1e #9-09: Beyond the Halflight Path (STANDARD) (Inactive)

Game Master soulnova

Maps and slides
RPG Chronicles


301 to 350 of 415 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"The one place I can think of that we've not yet explored is the area beyond the cave with the Black Pudding... So we should probably head back up there." suggests Radu. "Let me know when you are all ready to go and I can scout ahead."

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"Does anyone else want to check the cloak?"

Radu can also try to identify the cloak (with guidance)...

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---
Dimak wrote:

"Does anyone else want to check the cloak?"

Radu can also try to identify the cloak (with guidance)...

Already identified earlier as a cloak of resistance. The pearl is for 3rd level spells, btw.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
Shamus Shandy wrote:
Already identified earlier as a cloak of resistance. The pearl is for 3rd level spells, btw.

Oops, missed Jaakko's Spellcraft check... *facepalm*

"Hm... it looks more shiny than mine. Does one of you want to wear that cloak or can I put it on for now?"

It's a cloak of resistance +2, mine is (only) +1...

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

”If it’s better than your current cloak, then I think it would make sense for you to use it.” agrees Radu. ”…and given how potent that pearl is, it would probably make sense for Shamus to take that, as I think I’m the only other person who can use it, but my spell casting is more limited.”

Once the party looks ready to move on, Radu leads them to explore the unexplored area to the north, scouting ahead as usual.

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Updated the map with your token to the north.

Radu steps quietly forward... Piles of rubble encroach upon the middle of this room. Glowing gems glitter to the northeast, their light reflecting off a small pool of water and casting rainbow patterns on the ceiling.

This room was once roughly square in shape, but it's clear collapses over the years have almost sealed the eastern end entirely.

Radu can tell there's danger of this area half-collapsing if hit by an attack/spell/explosion.

To the south, the room connects to what appears to be a larger hall full of crystals.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"Careful in here everyone." Radu whispers "This area seems quite unstable." he then sneaks a little further forward to check for any threats in the hall to the south.

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/Her Human

Massive crystals of rainbow hues fill this entire area and grow from all the walls and from the ceiling above. They forma a complex maze of crystal walls forming passages that could provide half-cover (Low Obstacles). To the west, Radu can hear the sound of water... so he can assume this chamber also has access to the underground stream you saw on the other side.

Naica Caves in Mexico, for visual reference

Unlike much of the Shining Deep, this room is brightly lit.

GM:

P: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
S: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Radu feels this chamber is much more stable than the rest. There shouldn't be a risk of collapse here.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Jaakko follows closely behind Radu "Should we wait for others?" he whispers

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

The chamber seems clear of danger. On the opposite side, to the south, you both see another set of stone stairs leading up.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus follows along but pauses once in awhile to take in the wondrous beauty of the giant crystals.
"Fascinating," he remarks during each pause.

Those Naica caves are soooo cool. I read an article about those caves many years ago. I think Nat Geo.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Once the rest of the party have had a chance to move into the unstable cave behind him, Radu creeps cautiously forward into the southern cave with the massive glowing crystals. Using the crystalline structures to try and hide his movement, he keeps an eye out for potential dangers as he progresses.

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

GM:

P: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
S: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 4 = 41

Radu doesn't see anything out of the ordinary here. He can now see the stream to west, as it tunnels through these vaults.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

The Varisian carefully continues his stealthy advance into the large cavern, continuing to use the large crystals as cover.

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

GM:

P: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
S: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 4 = 42

Nothing. Radu is pretty sure there's nothing or no one else here. Surely, he would have seen or heard something by now...

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Meanwhile at the entrance of this area, what are everyone else doing?

Radu has spent a few rounds into this beautiful cavern, at least enough for you to start wondering what's going on... compared to the other cavern it's been longer than usual for him to come back with info or warn you of danger...

You would need to beat his latest stealth roll to realize where he is. Otherwise, you have no idea where he's gone either.

If you wish to enter to look for him, please position yourself accordingly.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"It takes him quite long, doesn't it? I'll better go have a look..."

Dimak - wielding his hammer - moves a few steps forward (see map) and looks for Radu.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Where is he? Gotta find him... Ah! There he is!

"He's ok, still scouting", he whispers to Shamus.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Not spotting any threats in the cave Radu sneaks back to the rest of the party.

”It looks like the coast is clear in there. There are a set of steps leading up at the far end, I can go and check them out once everyone has had a chance to move into the big cave. It’s probably worth keeping quiet just in case there is anything further up those stairs.” he whispers.

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Please everyone, go ahead and move your tokens into the chamber by either stealthing at half speed or moving normally for a round. You may all roll perception, if you wish.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Jaakko continues trying to sneak stopping behind a crystal barrier. "Dimak or Radu, you want to go first?" he asks

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus gazes up at a giant, rainbow-hued crystal.
"Incredible." he says softly as he rubs a hand along the hard crystal.
"I wonder if these crystals would be able to amplify my spiritual connection with the heavens," he muses to himself before noticing the group moving down the crystal-lined passage.

Shamus stays near the middle of the group as the team slowly makes their way further into the chamber.
Waiting for those in front to move their icons on the map.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

apologies...i thought i posted..moved... Patros sticks close to the others, relying on their better eyes for navigation.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

"I'm happy to sneak over and check out those steps at the far end once were all set up in this cave." whispers Radu

perception (+2 vs devils): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Moved everyone to the entrance.

Just as Radu starts to make his way ahead of the group to check on the steps, what appears to be a mass of floating intestines tangled around a fanged mouth reveals itself. The end of the tentacles open with smaller fanged mouths that give out an unnerving screech flailing and convulsing around!

Slide 8 for Visual reference!

Radu, Patros and Dimak must make a Will save DC18 or be nauseated for
1d8 ⇒ 3 rounds. This ability is a mind-affecting gaze attack.

GM:
Initiative
Init(CREATURE): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Ini(Shamus): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Ini(Radu): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Init(Patros): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Init(Jaakko V): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Init(Dimak): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Init(Las): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

After the surprise mind-rendering assault it's time to fight!

Round 1
Shamus 26
Radu 24 (Will Save DC18 or Nauseated)
Jaakko

Creature 22
Patros (Will Save DC18 or Nauseated)
Las Lajas
Dimak (Will Save DC18 or Nauseated)

K.Planes DC20:
This creature is a Nyogoth! Another Qlippoth from the Abyss! Pick a piece of information and another one for every +5 you bypass the check for

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities)

Suddenly, Dimak feels really ill. It takes all of his willpower to not immediately puke on Shamus' slippers.

"..."

Oh gods, what kind of sick thing is THAT?

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"Yes. What is that disgusting thing?"
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Shamus relays everything he knows to his teammates.

Depending on how many questions I get, Resistances/Immunities, spells/SLAs, & Special Attacks.

I'll post actions after knowledge check results.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

That would be enough for two bits of information.


Shamus knows this creature's IMMUNITIES are to acid, cold, poison, mind-affecting effects... and it RESIST fire 10, electricity 10, along with DR 10/Lawful.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"Well. I know the creature is immune to acid, cold, poison, and mind-affecting stuff. And it is resistant to fire, and electricity. Oh! Use lawfully aligned weapons to really hurt it." he says to his teammates, and then adds,
"Unfortunately, I just don't know what it is."

"Egads! This creature is a Nyogoth! Another Qlippoth from the Abyss!"

A jest to the GM. ;)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/Her Human

The Name, type and plane of origin it's in the spoiler above. ;)

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

"Jakko or Lajas? Which one of you would like to be jaunted through these crystals to be able to get behind the creature?”

Shamus will heaven's leap the first to speak up. I can't do Dimak, though, since he was already a target in a previous fight.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

When Las can see the creature, he will RK on it

@Shamus. Let me see if it has a good reflex, I can adhesive spittle it to pin it in place, or I can try and hit it and stop it from taking AoO's..but I'll need a round or two to set this up.

Knowledge Planes wFree Insp + Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 + (5) + 4 = 35

Want to know the creature's Reflex and AC...and anything else others might want to know

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Jaakko doesn't seem to listen what Shamus said. Instead he casts divine favor on himself.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

will save (+2 vs illusion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Listening what Shamus knows about the creature, Radu pulls out a scroll, stepping to the side as he reads from it and then touches the weapons of his adjacent allies (Patros, Dimak and Jaakko) along with a couple of his own weapons causing them to glow with a lawful aura.

Radu will use a scroll of communal align weapon on one weapon (or set of ammunition) for Patros, Dimak and Jaakko as well as a couple of his own weapons making each lawful for the next minute. I'll wait for the information that Las knows to say exactly which ones, just in case that has an impact on his choice.

"If that thing is making you feal ill I've got a vial of stillgut here which will help sort you out, feel free to take it." he says pointing at the location of the vial.
(It can be used as a move action and gives you a reroll vs nausea, which is super useful as nauseated is a horrible condition and definitely something worth getting a reroll against!)

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

I can't roll for the nyogoth right now but here's the information Las Lajas identified: Reflexes +12, AC24... Spell-like abilities as follow:
acid arrow
fear, protection from law
acid fog, dimension door

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

I'll need Patros' will save before continuing.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

i cant believe i missed that..i'm sorry...

will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Patros is nauseated for three rounds just like Dimak unless they take stillgut to try to keep it down or get magically cleansed of the condition.

The Nyogoth's several mouths grin... and they cast a spell. A second later, the area where you are is filled with a dense fog of acid.

Everyone takes Acid damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

You can't see where the creature is now.


Relevant effects from the cloud:
Takes damage at the start of the caster's turn. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target). Creatures move at half their normal speed and take a -2 penalty on all melee attack and melee damage rolls. The vapors prevent effective ranged weapon attacks. A creature cannot take a 5-foot-step.

Through the haze of the fog, Patros sees the Nyogoth's horrific silhouette slowly approaching, ready to enjoy a half-digested meal.

Please note: Nauseated creatures get only 1 move action per turn. Retrieving the still gut is a move action BUT you require a standard action to drink ti. Someone will have to help them to drink it either way.

Round 1
Shamus 26
Radu 24
Jaakko
Creature 22
Patros (NAUSEATED)
Las Lajas
Dimak (NAUSEATED)

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
soulnova wrote:
Please note: Nauseated creatures get only 1 move action per turn. Retrieving the still gut is a move action BUT you require a standard action to drink ti. Someone will have to help them to drink it either way.

Normally that's correct, but there is an exception to this rule in the item description:

stillgut wrote:
(...) If you are already nauseated, you can drink stillgut as a move action. (...)

Patros has a way higher chance to make the reroll than Dimak. If there is only one vial, he should drink it. I'll wait with Dimak's action until it's clear who does what.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

if that's cool with you guys...i'll take the stillgut...gonna add this to my shopping list

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Shamus is delaying since he didn't do anything on his turn. Also, I keep forgetting he doesn't need to touch a target for Heaven's Leap. They just need to be within 30 feet. However, Shamus is probably going to Leap himself out of that acid cloud.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

If whoever is using the stillgut wants to delay, I can feed it to them on my turn so that they can then potentially get their full round action if they pass the save. Although as mentioned in the discussion, there is also the option of using your once per game re-roll on the original save which may avoid the need to use the stillgut altogether (which would have the advantage of allowing everyone to move out of the acid quicker if it works).

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

As Patros doesn't re-roll, will someone else help him out with the still gut or doing something else? Otherwise, he can only grab it this round, drink it next round.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

If anyone is still nauseated after any potential re-rolls have been resolved, I’d be able to help them with the stillgut if they delay until after my go, as I think I’m the only person who would be able to draw and administer it in a single round.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Seeing those around him puking and blinded by the acid cloud, Las moves northwest, "Fellows, we must retreat from this cloud." Las pulls out a concoction of soothe syrup.

I'm not sure we want to fight in this acid cloud.

Liberty's Edge

Redelia's PFS1 3-06 Song of the Sea Witch Lucky Number: 13 Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 5 | HP 55/55 (70/70) DR 2/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +9, CMD 22 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +13 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
Las Lajas wrote:
I'm not sure we want to fight in this acid cloud.

Seconded. Especially as it is a 'no save' spell. We were lucky our GM rolled only ones on the 2d6...

Dimak hastily slowly retreats, following Las. (move action, 3 squares due to difficult terrain)

Save the stillgut (e.g. for Patros). This nauseated condition lasts only for 3 rounds, so it wouldn't save Dimak much time anyway.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Alright, Patros still has a move action pending if he wishes to take it, as well as Shamus delaying his turn... Ill continue as soon as you state your positions in the map.

The Concordance

N m Samsaran | Shaman (Speaker/Past) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 16, t12, ff14 | F +5, R +6, W +11 | Init +7 | Perc +14 (low-light) | Stealth +3 | speed 30' | Spells: Cantrips/4, 1st/4, 2nd/4, 3rd/3| Lifebound | Active Conditions: ---

Coughing and hacking, Shamus quickly shuffles out of the acidic cloud.
Double move.

"We might have to wait for that toxic cloud to disperse. Unless we can blow it away with a gust of wind spell. Or possibly burn it away."

Shamus thinks for a moment...
@GM: can the cloud be burned away?

Note to self: hp updated in header.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

If someone has acid fog in their spell list you would know this dense cloud requires SEVERE winds to disperse. Spellcraft DC19 would also identify this

Patros is still up.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

It's been more than 24 since his last call to post. I'll bot Patros.

Hearing the others calling for retreat from the cloud, Patros follows them as much as he can, signaling Radu and Jakko to get behind him before the creature reaches them.

The nyogoth gets and attack of opportunity on Patros as she moves away from him...

Nyogoth AoO bite plus Acid vs Patros: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Concealment miss chance 01-20: 1d100 ⇒ 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 1

And misses! The creature might be immune to the corrosive acids of the fog, but it provides just enough protection...

Round 1
Shamus 26
Radu 24
Jaakko

Creature 22
Patros (NAUSEATED)
Las Lajas
Dimak (NAUSEATED)

Bold may act.

Dark Archive

Human Sneaky Dagger Throwing Pharasman Cultist 7:
Unchained Rogue (sylvan trickster) 3 / Warpriest (cult leader) 4
| HP 52/52 | AC 20 / 16T / 15FF | Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9 (+2 vs illusion) | CMD 22 / 17FF | Init +6 | Perc +19* | SM +12* | Speed 30' | Spells 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 5/5, Fervor 4/4 | Active Conditions: alchemical grease, antitoxin, align weapon (law)

Radu pulls back beyond the cloud. ”Remember to be careful of collapses back here.”

301 to 350 of 415 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS1][Gameday XII] PFS1e #9-09: Beyond the Halflight Path (STANDARD) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.