GM Meowlkyrie's Midnight Mauler (1e 3.16)

Game Master Kumakawa

maps and slides


201 to 250 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 25/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sakura really tries to push through the door!

CMB DC 12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

The Exchange

F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Shenendril looks between her two options and sighs.

She lowers her shoulder and tries to push through the stuck door.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

How long between stages?

Vigilant Seal

I suppose it's 6 seconds? From an immersion point of view, that's a little weird, but we're also requiring multiple people to batter down a door, so let's just treat it like normal initiative.

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

it’s a magical door that keeps materializing after it gets destroyed lol

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none
GM Meowlkyrie wrote:
I suppose it's 6 seconds? From an immersion point of view, that's a little weird, but we're also requiring multiple people to batter down a door, so let's just treat it like normal initiative.

OK, given that, Ilarien will (if allowed) burn a minute of her flight hex to drift over the first obstacle instead of clambering over it.

Untrained Escape Artist check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Then she slides neatly through the thorny thicket, occasionally causing her scorpion familiar to have to crawl around to avoid being stuck.

Vigilant Seal

That's no problem, Ilarien. Feel free to get creative with your abilities if you're not confident you can make one of the skill checks.

~~+~~Initiative~~+~

Shenedril
Ryskovich
Ilarien
Zeta
Sakura

Feel free to move yourselves on the slides.

Silver Crusade

f CN ifrit Fighter 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 20 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F+8 R+1 W+0 [+1 fear & mind-affecting effects] | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV 60' |

CMB: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 :)

The Exchange

F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"By Ranginori's broken winds!" Shenendril curses as she bounces off the door.

She moves back several steps then lowers her head and tries again.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

But her head isn't hard enough to use as a battering ram.

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

is the werewolf on the map with us or no?

Ryskovich sees a hidden shortcut thorough the alleyway to his right as he watches his intended target continuing to attempt to allude him.

perception DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 25/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

perception DC 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Sakura again tries to get nearer to the wolf but is not successful.

Vigilant Seal

Spoiler:
1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Yes. Sorry, I should've placed him on the chart and in initiative.

Ilarien, with your fly hex, you get a +6 bonus to all your checks due to your increased speed. (You get +2 for every ten feet by which you exceed 30' and likewise take a -2 for each 10' by which you are below 30'.

Vigilant Seal

~~+~~Initiative~~+~

Shenedril
Ryskovich
Ilarien
Zeta
Sakura

Vylk

Bold is up! (The encounter will end if any of you end your turn in his square.

The Exchange

F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Shenendril paces around for a bit, cursing and shouting. Then, she squares her shoulders, glares at the door and gives it one more determined try.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

I made a perception roll animation be your post so just want to make sure I’m not taking too many turns before Werewolf boy goes? If it’s actually my turn then I will try to move three spaces by making both the Swim and Acrobatics checks?

Ryskovich sees his quarry is close. He decides to put all of his training to good use. He the bridge ahead as he tries his best to deftly tumble off the side of the crumbling masonry as swim across the river to cut the true enemy off before he…it…can get to far ahead.

acrobatics DC 15: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 1 = 3

swim DC 15: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 1 = 22

Silver Crusade

f CN ifrit Fighter 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 20 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F+8 R+1 W+0 [+1 fear & mind-affecting effects] | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV 60' |

CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien follows Ryskovich, floating over the crumbling bridge easily. "Let's not get too far ahead of everyone else."

Vigilant Seal

Vylk walks the plank.

acro: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

~~+~~Initiative~~+~

Shenedril
Ryskovich
Ilarien
Zeta
Sakura

Vylk

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 25/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

perception DC 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Sakura again tries to get nearer to the wolf and is successful.

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

acrobatics DC 15: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 1 = 20

Ryskovich plays it safe, this time tumbling swiftly from the crumbling bridge she, trying to close the distance between himself and Vlik.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"Stupid *#($# door! Why don't you open? Your one purpose is to open, otherwise you'd be a wall! Why are you failing at your purpose?!" Shenendril exclaims as the chase gets further and further away from her and she is stymied by a task that some very smart cats can accomplish.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Silver Crusade

f CN ifrit Fighter 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 20 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F+8 R+1 W+0 [+1 fear & mind-affecting effects] | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV 60' |

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 ))

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien tries to float silently around the back, but makes some noise.

Untrained Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Vigilant Seal

Ryskovich, the map moves like a snake. So, the next square after Crumbling Bridge is Guard Station, directly beneath the Bridge. To answer your earlier question, the werewolf is in Lingering Mob, (though I'm about to roll to advance him).

Vigilant Seal

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

~~+~~Initiative~~+~

Shenedril
Ryskovich
Ilarien
Zeta
Sakura

Vylk

The Exchange

F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"Finally!" Shenendril declares as she manages to get the door open, only to find herself immediately in a garden in need of a trim.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

She tries to see a way through, but has no luck and stamps her foot in frustration.

Vigilant Seal

~~+~~Initiative~~+~

Shenedril
Ryskovich
Ilarien
Zeta
Sakura

Vylk

SLIDES

Reposting the slides for your convenience.

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

stealth 15: 1d20 + 3 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 - 1 = 13

bluff 15: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Ryskovich tries to catch up to Vlik but isn’t able to use his size to his advantage as he gets caught trying to sneakily slide by the guard station.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien tries once again to sneak past the guards.

Untrained Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

This time, the halfling distracts them enough for her to fly past.

Vigilant Seal

Ilarien, because you have a fly speed of 60', you should be getting a +6 to these checks. If that would have affected any of your previous roles, feel free to retcon.

Ryskovich, because you failed the stealth check by less than 5, you can still advance one square. (I've moved your token.)

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Gotcha. In that case, she got past the guards on the previous round. Take her roll of 16 as getting her over the gaping sinkhole.

Vigilant Seal

~~+~~Initiative~~+~

Shenedril
Ryskovich
Ilarien
Zeta
Sakura

Vylk

Silver Crusade

f CN ifrit Fighter 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 20 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F+8 R+1 W+0 [+1 fear & mind-affecting effects] | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV 60' |

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Can Vellestir help Zeta?


M CN Fire Dragon | HP 18/23 | AC 22 T 16 FF 20 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+2| Perc +8 | LLV, DV 60'

Hmmm, nice idea, thanks!
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Vigilant Seal

Botting Sakura...

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sakura makes no progress. The werewolf goes along the top of the wall.

acro: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Vylk is getting ever closer to the Rutowski Townhouse!

~~+~~Initiative~~+~

Shenedril
Ryskovich
Ilarien
Zeta
Sakura

Vylk

slides

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

acrobatics 20: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 10

fortitude 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

ugh. I don’t progress cause I botched the acrobatics

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

The creature is almost there. I'll need to push it.

Ilarien puts on a burst of speed, trusting to her flight hex to keep her out of harm's way when she catches up.

Moving three squares:

DC 15 Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 6 = 23
DC 13 Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 6 = 10

Folio reroll!

DC 13 Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 6 + 3 = 13

In case she needs to make a check for Up and Over:

DC 10 Climb check: 1d20 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (15) - 1 + 6 = 20

Vigilant Seal

Ryskovich walks a narrow plank out over a sinkhole. The beam is more pliant than he'd anticipated and it bows dangerously, leaving the swashbuckler waving his arms to avoid falling in.

Meanwhile, with a burst of speed, Ilarien soars above a crowded mob and a high wall, speeding past the lumbering werewolf. She turns to face him from a safe height, the Rutowski manor looming in the near distance at her back.

The werebeast pauses its gallop, locks eyes with her, curls its lip and snarls.

As the others come running up the street, Vilk casts a glance their way and says in a guttural tone, "So you're the lap dogs the Society sent after me? Too little, too late."

Ilarien clearly hears the sound of growling from an alley beside Vilk. Another of those fiendish wolfhounds lurks there.

"How shall we do this, little ones?" Vilk says, as the rest of the team catches up.

You have the option of trying to reason with him, or you can simply attack. If you'd like to go the diplomatic route, please give us a little RP and a diplo check.

>>>map<<<

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 25/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sakura catches up and tries to sooth the creature.

"Please calm down! We are Pathfinders ... we are on your side!!" she says.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

We are here to stop the bloodshed and mass chaos. We are ultimately here to help out, please calm down Vlik, listen to reason and not the beast side you currently have become

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/6 HP 39/39 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien sniffs. "As a member of the Society yourself, you should remember that we're supposed to Cooperate. Tell us what's happening and what drove you to this. Please."

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

The Exchange

F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"Yes, please. Just tell us why this is happening, why you're doing this and we can help you get to the bottom of it. We all respect you too much to allow you to do something you don't really want," Shenendril adds.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Vigilant Seal

The great beast cocks his head, as though affected by Sakura's plea. Vylk locks eyes with her, seemingly willing to listen, though a low growl issues from his throat when the others chime in.

You get the sense that some part of Vylk is still in there and he's willing to listen. But he's poised on a knife edge. Another significant failure and he's likely to attack.

The Exchange

F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Shenendril remains on edge, the situation tense to say the least. She picks up the thread of argument, depending on logic and hoping that is the part of Vylk that remains and will respond.

"I can sense that you want to fight the beast that is controlling you. That's good. Let us help. We can help keep you from doing anything you don't want in the short term and find a cure for this situation in the long term. Just please don't surrender to what's trying to control you and then have to live with the consequences of it," she said.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Silver Crusade

f CN ifrit Fighter 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 20 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F+8 R+1 W+0 [+1 fear & mind-affecting effects] | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV 60' |

Diplomacy, AID: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Vylk, we all have our scars on our hearts. Few people become semi-homeless adventurers constantly balancing between life and death without tragedy behind their backs. We all understand you. And yet serial murders are really not an option. Stop. We will help you. A little out of breath, Zeta nevertheless gathers all her charm and smiles the kindest of her sly smiles.

Vigilant Seal

Vylk snarls and clenches a fist. It's clear your words are having an affect.

"You don't know what it was LIKE! They all turned on me! Markov turned on me! I HATE what I've become. But I hate them more."

His attitude is improving. A little more of a nudge and violence might be avoided.

Dark Archive

HP 41/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.2

There is still human under all that wolven fur. Don’t let them be right, but rather fight to regain your humanity. We can help, we haven’t attacked you and treated you like an adversary. We’ve treated you with dignity and respect, we want the favor returned in kind. Vylk, fight to keep your human side, allow us to fight alongside you

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

The Exchange

F Focus: 2/7 M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"And who will you hate most if you kill them all? What you have become can be cured or controlled. You are a member of the Pathfinder Society, you know the resources we have at our disposal.

"But if you kill them out of revenge then you become a murderer and there is no cure for that. Even if you never do it again, that stain will be on your reputation, mind and soul," Shenendril points out.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Vigilant Seal

The tension goes out of his muscled frame and his voice breaks as he says, "You're right, but what does it matter? I have already done so much, lost so much of myself to the wolf. Even now, you cannot imagine how much it takes for me not to spill your blood. I'd never make it to Absalom to get the wolfsbane I need to end it."

One more success on Diplomacy will settle this. Offering him the wolfsbane you bought will grant you a bonus. The DC has lowered as his attitude has improved, but do be careful as a substantial failure can still provoke a fight.

201 to 250 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Infinite loop of not attaching gameplay threads All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.