DM Brainiac's Dungeon Crawl Classics

Game Master Brainiac

Loot Spreadsheet


51 to 100 of 1,039 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human

Pip blinks, sure that Aio had…died. But poor Bennie really did go…off the edge. The lustre of bold adventure rubs off to reveal cold, hard reality. On an invisible bridge.

Aio counts his blessings. Dee tries in vain to keep warm, but finally succumbs to the cold. A rasping bronchial cough sets in…

OSW’s Band of Skulls:

Pip

Strength: 17

Agility: 7 

Stamina: 12

Intelligence: 13 

Personality: 13 

Luck: 15
HP: 4
Lucky Sign: 18 Guardian Angel: + 1 bonus to escape traps

Occupation: Halfling glovemaker

Equipment:
Awl
Spear
1 pair gloves

4 candles (4 cp)
1 piece chalk (1 cp)
Flint and steel (15 cp)
1 torch (1 cp)

Starting Money: 21 coppers, 0 remaining.

Aio

Strength: 10 

Agility: 13 

Stamina: 14 

Intelligence: 12 

Personality: 8 

Luck: 5
HP: 5
Lucky Sign: Born on the battlefield, -2 to damage rolls

Occupation: Elven navigator

Equipment
Shortbow, 6 arrows
Spyglass
Flint and Steel

4 torches (4 cp)
2 candles (2 cp)
Oil flask (20 cp)

Starting Money: 26 coppers, 0 remaining

Dell

Strength: 16 

Agility: 14 

Stamina: 13 

Intelligence: 8 

Personality: 11 

Luck: 8
HP: 3
Lucky Sign: Seventh son, -1 to spell checks

Occupation: Trapper

Equipment:
Sling and 3 stones
Dagger
Large sack

2 days rations ( 10 cp)
Flint and steel (15 cp)
2 torches (2 cp)

Starting Money: 29 coppers, 2 cp remaining

Dee

Sick: -1 penalty on attack, damage (attacks still do a minimum of one point), ability checks, and skill checks based on Strength, Agility, or Stamina.

Strength: 12 

Agility: 12 

Stamina: 7 

Intelligence: 16 

Personality: 11 

Luck: 11
HP: 1
Lucky Sign: Lucky sign, +0 to saving throws

Occupation: Trapper

Sling and 6 stones
Dagger
Empty flask

2 days rations (10 cp)
1 candle (1 cp)
1 oil flask (20 cp)
2 torches (2 cp)
1 piece of chalk (1 cp)

Starting Money: 36 coppers, 2 cp remaining


After the close call during the storm it take Gauward to rouse his fellows here, "Quickly! My chest! I'll open it so we can gather the rainwater...it's the only way!"

After the crisis has passed the band of Misfits all collapse onto the center of the bridge barely noticing (or caring) of the loss of one of their own. They all fall into fitful sleep with a rasping cough echoed betwixt all of them...

The Lowest Stamina score I have here is 8 (just barely). PS thanks for the update on how to use Luck here.


Fortunately, you are able to rest uninterrupted throughout the night.

Sick characters may now attempt their DC 11 Fortitude save to recover.

The next day is cold and windy. At midday, you pass over the wreck of a ship on the ocean. As you do, you hear loud shrieks and caws from below. A pack of seven warty and odious bird-like monsters that had been resting on the wreck begin to flap their wings, flying up towards the invisible bridge! They eye you hungrily as they prepare to attack!

Initiative:

Albion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
CucumberTree: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Eric: 1d20 ⇒ 16
OSW: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
scranford: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Stiehle: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Enemies: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Everybody may act before the monsters! They are 40 feet away and flying so only missile weapons can reach them right now. There aren’t any rules for readying attacks in DCC so if you just have a melee weapon, you’ll have to wait for the next round to attack. I’ll let you take an action to defend and get +2 AC for 1 round though.


"I think they're attacking!" Mickey cried out in a shrill voice, reading her heavy stick in a defensive posture. They will fall before us! It is the will of The Lady that we reach our goal!" Retorted Dude, readying his sharp trowel as though it were a dagger. The elf and the farmer glance at each other, the former hefting a small, but serviceable hammer that could probably smash in a head easily enough. Clucky set down the basket with his hen and readied his own weapon, a pitchfork that could serve easily as a spear.

The foursome stand back to back in a sort of box-like formation so that they could defend against the gruesome raptors no matter how they approached...

No missile weapons here, I'll take the +2 to AC for the first round.

Stiehle's Band of Misfits:

Clucky the Chicken Farmer

STR 12 (+0)
AGI 5 (-2)
STA 15 (+1)
PER 14 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 16 (+2)

AC 8
HP 5

Starting Equipment:
Pitchfork (as spear)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
3 Torches
Hen
2cp

Attack Spear (+0 melee, 1d8+2 damage)

Birth Augur Born on the Battlefield (+2 to damage rolls)

---------------------------------------

Mickey the Urchin

STR 9 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Stick (as club)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
50' Rope
Begging bowl
4cp

Attack Stick (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur The Raging Storm (+0 to spell damage)

---------------------------------------

Fennik the Elven Glassblower

STR 10 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Hammer (as club)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
Flint & steel
Glass beads
3cp

Attack Hammer (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur Four Leafed Clover (+0 to finding secret doors)

---------------------------------------

Dude the Gongfarmer

STR 6 (-1)
AGI 13 (+1)
STA 9 (+0)
PER 11 (+0)
INT 7 (-1)
LCK 8 (-1)

AC 11
HP 2

Starting Equipment:
Trowel (as dagger)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
Candle
Sack of night soil
2cp

Attack Trowel (-1 melee, 1d4-1 damage; +1 thrown, 1d4-1 damage [10/20/30])

Birth Augur Hawkeye (-1 to missile damage rolls)


Sloe dc:11: 1d20 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 - 1 = 9
Eyehope dc:11: 1d20 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 2 - 1 = 11

Sloe pushes himself up from the pseudo-floor. He wheezes and coughs. He starts to yell to all others on the bridge. "We..." His voice cracks and he starts coughing. The farmer grabs Percolation's shoulder and whispers into his listening ear.

"We should fight as one, or we are soon to be done." Percolation sings to the crowd as his lute penetrates their emotions. "Line back to back." Lute solo "Before the attack. Line away from the edge. So we don't fall off the ledge."

Characters:

Sloe Moe
Human Farmer(potato)
HP: 3
Strength: 15
Agility: 9
Stamina: 6
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 13
Luck: 6
Lucky Sign: Hawkeye: Missile fire damage rolls
Equipment: Sack, small 8 cp
Money: 18
Pitchfork (as spear)
Sheep

Mister Wanderful
Elven Sage
HP: 2
Strength: 10
Agility: 17
Stamina: 11
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 7
Luck: 8

Lucky Sign: Conceived on horseback: Mounted attack rolls

Equipment: Oil, 1 flask*** 2 sp
Money: 29
Dagger
Parchment, quill pen

Eyehope Eudie
Human Mendicant
HP: 2
Strength: 11
Agility: 14
Stamina: 5
Intelligence: 10
Personality: 7
Luck:11

Lucky Sign: The raging storm: Spell damage

Equipment: Chalk, 1 piece 1 cp
Money: 14
Club
Cheese dip

Percolation N. Sound
Human Minstrel
HP: 3
Strength: 11
Agility: 10
Stamina: 13
Intelligence: 14
Personality: 12
Luck: 11

Lucky Sign: Harsh winter: All attack rolls

Equipment: Thieves’ tools 25 gp
Money: 43
Dagger
Ukulele


Male Human

Dee Fort DC 11: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Dee rests fitfully, and wakes up…still sick. She coughs and sputters as the winged creatures attack.

Aio shrugs, and takes a potshot at a birdthing.

Thwippt!!!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Fwee!!!: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

+2 to AC for Dell, Pip and Dee. -1 to Dee’s attack, damage, ability checks, and skill checks based on Strength, Agility, or Stamina.

OSW’s Band of Skulls:

Pip

Strength: 17 
Agility: 7 
Stamina: 12 
Intelligence: 13 
Personality: 13 
Luck: 15
HP: 4
Lucky Sign: 18 Guardian Angel: + 1 bonus to escape traps

Occupation: Halfling glovemaker

Equipment:
Awl
Spear
1 pair gloves

4 candles (4 cp)
1 piece chalk (1 cp)
Flint and steel (15 cp)
1 torch (1 cp)

Starting Money: 21 coppers, 0 remaining.

Aio

Strength: 10 
Agility: 13 
Stamina: 14 
Intelligence: 12 
Personality: 8 
Luck: 5
HP: 5
Lucky Sign: Born on the battlefield, -2 to damage rolls

Occupation: Elven navigator

Equipment
Shortbow, 5 arrows
Spyglass
Flint and Steel

4 torches (4 cp)
2 candles (2 cp)
Oil flask (20 cp)

Starting Money: 26 coppers, 0 remaining

Dell

Strength: 16 
Agility: 14 
Stamina: 13 
Intelligence: 8 
Personality: 11 
Luck: 8
HP: 3
Lucky Sign: Seventh son, + 0 to spell checks

Occupation: Trapper

Equipment:
Sling and 3 stones
Dagger
Large sack

2 days rations ( 10 cp)
Flint and steel (15 cp)
2 torches (2 cp)

Starting Money: 29 coppers, 2 cp remaining

[b]Dee [\b]

Sick: -1 penalty on attack, damage (attacks still do a minimum of one point), ability checks, and skill checks based on Strength, Agility, or Stamina.

Strength: 12 
Agility: 12 
Stamina: 7 
Intelligence: 16 
Personality: 11 
Luck: 11
HP: 1
Lucky Sign: Lucky sign, +1 to saving throws

Occupation: Trapper

Sling and 6 stones
Dagger
Empty flask

2 days rations (10 cp)
1 candle (1 cp)
1 oil flask (20 cp)
2 torches (2 cp)
1 piece of chalk (1 cp)

Starting Money: 36 coppers, 2 cp remaining


Aio's aim is true, and his arrow pierces one of the avian monstrosities. It plummets from the sky!

Morale DC 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 171d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 01d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 151d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 81d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 101d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Three of the remaining creatures shriek and wheel away, fleeing the battle, but the other three keep coming!

Albion, Eric, scranford may still act.


The commotion from the others stirs the Misfits to action here. Cyne quickly grabs his (half-rusted) sword and swings wildly...before realizing they had not reached the bridge yet. While Mirinde and Gauward stuggle to set a defensive position, Aerond nocks one of his few remaining arrows and lets it fly at one of the bird-like creatures...

Shortbow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

...and by some miracle strikes a solid blow!

The rest of my PCs will take the +2 to AC for the first round.

The Misfits:

1. Cyne The Ditch Digger -3 Luck
2. Aerond the Elven Male Navigator - -2 Luck, 2 arrows remaining
3. Mirinde the Elven Female Sage
4. Gauward Ratcley the Halfling Male Dyer -2 Luck

The Misfits


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

Lester and Franc still a bit shocked by Bernie's sudden death, pull forth their weapons, and move towards the supposed center of the bridge. Take the +2 to AC.

Lou still a bit stung by Gretchen's sudden demise, pulls forth his sling and lets go a bullet at one of the birds, eager to work out his anger and shock on something else.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Sling

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Bullet

And now I roll low.

Just as Lou starts to release his sling bullet he hears a frantic braying from the side of the bridge, Looking down he sees that somehow Gretchen was able to hang onto the side of the bridge... There might be time to rescue her.

[b]"Help me! Help me save Gretchen"! [/ooc] Lou screams and heads towards his struggling mule.


Aerond’s aim is true, and another hideous bird-thing falls back toward the water far below. Lou’s sling bullet goes wide, though, distracted as he is by Gretchen the mule’s mysterious reappearance! A god of chaos must have intervened to bring the beast back! The two remaining monsters draw near...

It doesn’t look like any of Albion’s characters have missile weapons, so I will assume they defend this round. Happy to retcon if they do have missile weapons, though.

The creatures make a beeline for Eyehope Eudie, yellow eyes blazing with fury!

For speaking Drezzta’s name aloud earlier, Eyehope was hit with a curse. The next creature to attack him rolls at +1d, so a d24 to hit instead of d20.

Attack: 1d24 ⇒ 23
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

The first creature drives its beak deep into Eyehope’s chest, tearing out a huge chunk of flesh. Blood pours from the wound as Eyehope crumples and falls! The second creature squawks as it pecks at the rope connecting Eyehope to his companions, severing it. It seems the two monsters mean to drag Eyehope off the bridge so they can feast on him at their leisure!

Eyehope takes 2 damage, reducing his hp to 0. He is likely dead, but see the “Recovering the body” section on page 18 of the Quick Start Guide. If you stop the monsters from dragging his body off the bridge, he can attempt a Luck check after combat to survive.

Everybody may act!


"NO!" Shouts Clucky as he surges forward, pitchfork held high to skewer the ugly bird that just gouged its beak into one of the pilgrims they've joined! The other three, bound as they are to the hen farmer, shuffle forward grudgingly as they are pulled along for the ride. Mickey has no intention of exposing herself to the dangerous birds and takes up a defensive position again, but Dude stabs at the same target while Fennik, finding himself closer to the one pecking through the rope, swings his hammer, trying to brain the thing.

Clucky's Pitchfork Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 8 vs Bird #1 AC
Pitchfork Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Dude's Trowel Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 vs Bird #1 AC
Trowel Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Fennik's Hammer Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 8 vs Bird #2 AC
Hammer Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Alas! Well, Mickey continues her defensive stance as the others swing and miss, most likely.

Stiehle's Band of Misfits:

Clucky the Chicken Farmer

STR 12 (+0)
AGI 5 (-2)
STA 15 (+1)
PER 14 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 16 (+2)

AC 8
HP 5

Starting Equipment:
Pitchfork (as spear)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
3 Torches
Hen
2cp

Attack Spear (+0 melee, 1d8+2 damage)

Birth Augur Born on the Battlefield (+2 to damage rolls)

---------------------------------------

Mickey the Urchin

STR 9 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Stick (as club)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
50' Rope
Begging bowl
4cp

Attack Stick (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur The Raging Storm (+0 to spell damage)

---------------------------------------

Fennik the Elven Glassblower

STR 10 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Hammer (as club)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
Flint & steel
Glass beads
3cp

Attack Hammer (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur Four Leafed Clover (+0 to finding secret doors)

---------------------------------------

Dude the Gongfarmer

STR 6 (-1)
AGI 13 (+1)
STA 9 (+0)
PER 11 (+0)
INT 7 (-1)
LCK 8 (-1)

AC 11
HP 2

Starting Equipment:
Trowel (as dagger)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
Candle
Sack of night soil
2cp

Attack Trowel (-1 melee, 1d4-1 damage; +1 thrown, 1d4-1 damage [10/20/30])

Birth Augur Hawkeye (-1 to missile damage rolls)


Cyne yells out, "Get away from here ya mangy birds!" as he moves to strike at the bird pecking at the rope!

Shortsword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Mirinde moves to strike at the other bird with her dagger, backed up by Gauward with his walking stick...

Dagger: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Staff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

Lou spends the round tying Gretchen off and trying to pull her back to relative safety.

Lester swings his chisel as the bird flies closer.

1d20 ⇒ 2 Chisel (Dagger)

1d4 ⇒ 3 Point

Franc uses his new spear

1d20 ⇒ 14 Spear

1d6 ⇒ 5 Point

[ooc]Accidently posted in the Discussion thread first and the numbers changed, but it looks like one was successful anyway.


Mirinde slashes one is the birds with her dagger, then Gauward bashes its skull in with his walking stick. Franc manages to impale the last monster on the end of his spear, where it writhes briefly as it dies.

The other birds are retreating. The brief skirmish is over, but Eyehope might be dead...

Luck check from Eyehope to survive, otherwise he’s a goner.


Eyehope Luck Dc:11: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Sigh. He STILL lives.

Mister Wanderful rips a sleeve from his silk shirt. He rips into strips. Quickly making makeshift bandages, the academic binds the dying beggar. "I'll tightly pack his holes." He says with unintended irony.


Male Human

Aio blinks, a lot, dumbfounded that he managed to drop one of the things.

Pip crouches by the fallen beggar, feeling useless and very sad, watching as Eudie is ministered to. And I was mean to them….

Dell and Dee, ever practical, investigate the dead avians, trying to determine what they are and how edible they might be.


Dell and Dee have never seen this type of creature before. Though their skin is covered with noisome warts and boils, once shaved and plucked, their meat would be safe to eat. They probably taste like chicken.


Male Human

After assisting with the retrieval of Gretchen the mule, the brothers set about the business of preparing the avian meat.

”Split twenty fou….twenty three ways it won’t go too far, but every bit counts, right Dee?” Dell smiles.

”Right Dell” confirms Dee, whose more delicate hands seem adept at…preparation.


Clucky speaks up. "We should keep the meat packed away until we get wherever we're headed. It'll be right hard to cook on this here bridge, with no firewood in sight." He moves up next to those who managed to dispatch the creatures, sharing words of thanks and praise for their aim and their courage.

Mickey only stares nastily at the near-mortally wounded beggar that had accosted her at the feast. She'd rather hoped she'd get to watch him bleed out. It would have been far more appealing than the momentary thrill she'd felt watching the one fellow fall from the bridge. She hadn't even been able to see him hit the water far below. And how had that mule survived? The sight of the pair going over the side had held such promise. Very disappointing.

The elf Fennik only goes about his business as though nothing of particular interest had taken place while Dude peers forward, a smile upon his lips. "The Lady's will shall be done." He murmurs to himself.


Gauward shakes his head here,"Without anyway to keep the meat cold or salt it here, that meat will spoil quickly! Still," he motions to the chest containing his stained fabrics, "We can store it in there for now. I think Gretchen can carry the load for us. Thanks for your kind words too."

Cyne looks at the carcasses with a look of disgust, "I don't think I would trust that meat. No telling what those birds were eating!"

The two elf siblings glanced at one another before turning to their quiet conversation between themselves.


You continue on, carrying the unconscious Eyehope with you. After a few more hours of walking, the bridge abruptly ends. Fortunately you are moving carefully, so you don't inadvertently stumble off the edge. Off on the horizon, there is an odd shimmer in the area. Looking through his spyglass, Aio sees it appears to be a tear in the air surrounded by crackling blue energy--the hole in the sky! It is moving very slowly, but it will be some time until it is lined up with the bridge.

You have the opportunity to rest again. Sick characters may attempt another DC 11 Fortitude save to recover. Eyehope heals to 2 HP but has a permanent injury that gives him -1 Stamina.


Male Human

Fortitude DC 11: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

*Koff* *Koff*

Dee stays sick.


Dude jumps up and down excitedly as the rift appears in the near distance, pointing toward it. "There it is! There it is!!" Clucky peers into the distance, absently stroking the feathers of the hen that lays complacently in the basket he's holding, now tucked under his left arm. "It'll be awhile before it gets here, looks like. Let's rest until it gets here. Then..." He trails off uncertainly, as though he is about to say something more, then seems to change his mind.

The farmer sits down on the bridge, setting up to rest as the others do the same. Only Dude watches the distant 'hole in the sky' drift closer as the hours do the same. His eyes seem to glow with some kind of inner light that nearly matches the electrical blue energy that surrounds the rift...

Stiehle's Band of Misfits:

Clucky the Chicken Farmer

STR 12 (+0)
AGI 5 (-2)
STA 15 (+1)
PER 14 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 16 (+2)

AC 8
HP 5

Starting Equipment:
Pitchfork (as spear)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
3 Torches
Hen
2cp

Attack Spear (+0 melee, 1d8+2 damage)

Birth Augur Born on the Battlefield (+2 to damage rolls)

---------------------------------------

Mickey the Urchin

STR 9 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Stick (as club)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
50' Rope
Begging bowl
4cp

Attack Stick (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur The Raging Storm (+0 to spell damage)

---------------------------------------

Fennik the Elven Glassblower

STR 10 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Hammer (as club)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
Flint & steel
Glass beads
3cp

Attack Hammer (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur Four Leafed Clover (+0 to finding secret doors)

---------------------------------------

Dude the Gongfarmer

STR 6 (-1)
AGI 13 (+1)
STA 9 (+0)
PER 11 (+0)
INT 7 (-1)
LCK 8 (-1)

AC 11
HP 2

Starting Equipment:
Trowel (as dagger)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
Candle
Sack of night soil
2cp

Attack Trowel (-1 melee, 1d4-1 damage; +1 thrown, 1d4-1 damage [10/20/30])

Birth Augur Hawkeye (-1 to missile damage rolls)


Sloe Recovery DC:11: 1d20 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 - 1 = 3

Sloe's uncontrollable coughing and frequent cleansing doesn't seem to subside. Meanwhile, Eyehope stares at Mickey then flicking her off when she looks at him. this amuses him until she stops looking over. He relaxes and falls asleep.

Characters:

Sloe Moe
Human Farmer(potato)
HP: 3
Strength: 15
Agility: 9
Stamina: 6
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 13
Luck: 6
Lucky Sign: Hawkeye: Missile fire damage rolls
Equipment: Sack, small 8 cp
Money: 18
Pitchfork (as spear)
Sheep

Mister Wanderful
Elven Sage
HP: 2
Strength: 10
Agility: 17
Stamina: 11
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 7
Luck: 8

Lucky Sign: Conceived on horseback: Mounted attack rolls

Equipment: Oil, 1 flask*** 2 sp
Money: 29
Dagger
Parchment, quill pen

Eyehope Eudie
Human Mendicant
HP: 2
Strength: 11
Agility: 14
Stamina: 4
Intelligence: 10
Personality: 7
Luck:11

Lucky Sign: The raging storm: Spell damage

Equipment: Chalk, 1 piece 1 cp
Money: 14
Club
Cheese dip

Percolation N. Sound
Human Minstrel
HP: 3
Strength: 11
Agility: 10
Stamina: 13
Intelligence: 14
Personality: 12
Luck: 11

Lucky Sign: Harsh winter: All attack rolls

Equipment: Thieves’ tools 25 gp
Money: 43
Dagger
Ukulele


Slowly, inexorably, the portal grows nearer. As it does, you can clearly see another world with a magenta sky through the window between the fingers of blue energy. By midday on the following day, it finally lines up with the invisible bridge, allowing you to step through.

As you step through the hole in the sky, your ears pop and the sudden warmth of this place makes you momentarily dizzy. You are in what must be an entirely different world. The air is misty but as best you can tell the sky is a bright magenta color. You are standing in what appears to be some sort of bamboo forest, but the bamboo is thinner and flatter than you have ever seen. Looking behind you, you cannot see the porthole; your companions seem to be stepping in through thin air. The air is heavy and has an oppressively intense scent, like saffron. The mist limits your visibility but off in the distance you see a single dark structure...


Male Human

Pip feels like perhaps the Great Adventure may not be so….great. Or that it is great, but more a great mistake than a great adventure. The alien sky and flora do little to cause wonder, and mostly make him feel small, and alone, and lost.

For his part, Aio accepts the wondrous nature of this new place, and scans the distant structure with his spyglass.

Dell and Dee share an appraising look, ever on the lookout for game and trail.

Aio speaks up. ”I guess we head toward yonder pile…”

What does the building look like?


DM Brainiac wrote:
Any character with a Stamina of 7 or lower begins to get sick. Sick characters take a -1 penalty on attack, damage (attacks still do a minimum of one point), ability checks, and skill checks based on Strength, Agility, or Stamina. Sick characters who get eight hours of rest can make a DC 11 Fort save to recover.

Woot, all my characters have above Stamina 7 :D

The small posse seemed to wander around in a daze for the next day, lost in bewildered thoughts about where this uncanny trip could take them, and what other dire dangers would beset them. Most, if not all, reconsidered the wisdom of coming here in the first place. Not Lisa though, she has had enough of living on the streets, and she wants better.

The yawning portal definitely woke them from their day dreaming, and they all resolutely stepped through.

Oceanshieldwolf wrote:
Aio speaks up. ”I guess we head toward yonder pile…”

"There is no turning back now" - Artemis growled in a reply, unusual for the constantly silent and sullen man. His hand flexed nervously around the hilt of the shortsword.


Oceanshieldwolf wrote:
What does the building look like?

It's too far away and concealed by the mists to get a good look at it from here. Whatever it is, though, it is huge, stretching high into the sky.


Cyne hoists his pack and scowls at the unpleasant surroundings. "Well, looks like that building is our destination. I don't like being lost in this hell."

"Yes we need to find shelter first," Gauward chimes in, "That building seems to be the only shelter around for miles."

The two elven siblings nod silently in agreement.


You begin to march through the strange bamboo forest towards the structure in the distance. It stretches on for miles and miles, seemingly without end.

Random Encounters (1 in 6 chance): 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 4

Luckily, you do not encounter any dangers during the four-hour-long march. As you get closer and closer the structure begins to take form in your perception. Soon you see it clearly despite the mist – a three hundred foot monolith covered in fifty-foot long thorns. It looks not so much constructed as grown, like some kind of massive seed pod. There is one entrance ahead of you – sixty-foot tall double doors with a giant latch.

It would take the force of a giant to push the doors open. Fortunately, there is a foot-tall space under the door that you can crawl under fairly easily...


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

Lou has paid extra special attention to Gretchen since her last brush with death, and profusely thanks Franc for upturning his Iron helmet to catch rain and water the mule. He looks at the foot high gap and shakes his head in frustration.

"Gretchen couldn't fit under there even if I could convince her too. It seems to have been pretty safe here. Guess I've got no choice but to free her to roam... especially since we can't go back".

Lester has no doubts about entering and is one of the first to step up to the space peering in to see if he can see what lies beyond with his Dwarven infravision.

Franc is pretty sure his helmet will fit underneath and looks around at everyone else to see the common dispositions.


Clucky gazes up at the massive doors with a look of wonder mingled with fear. The Lady's words come back to him. A titan... Certainly these doors could be used by such a creature, but his mind refuses to imagine the size of it.

Dude is already wriggling his skinny frame under the door, and then heaving a sigh, the farmer follows. The elf and the urchin finally move through as well.

Heading in!

Stiehle's Band of Misfits:

Clucky the Chicken Farmer

STR 12 (+0)
AGI 5 (-2)
STA 15 (+1)
PER 14 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 16 (+2)

AC 8
HP 5

Starting Equipment:
Pitchfork (as spear)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
3 Torches
Hen
2cp

Attack Spear (+0 melee, 1d8+2 damage)

Birth Augur Born on the Battlefield (+2 to damage rolls)

---------------------------------------

Mickey the Urchin

STR 9 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Stick (as club)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
50' Rope
Begging bowl
4cp

Attack Stick (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur The Raging Storm (+0 to spell damage)

---------------------------------------

Fennik the Elven Glassblower

STR 10 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Hammer (as club)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
Flint & steel
Glass beads
3cp

Attack Hammer (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur Four Leafed Clover (+0 to finding secret doors)

---------------------------------------

Dude the Gongfarmer

STR 6 (-1)
AGI 13 (+1)
STA 9 (+0)
PER 11 (+0)
INT 7 (-1)
LCK 8 (-1)

AC 11
HP 2

Starting Equipment:
Trowel (as dagger)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
Candle
Sack of night soil
2cp

Attack Trowel (-1 melee, 1d4-1 damage; +1 thrown, 1d4-1 damage [10/20/30])

Birth Augur Hawkeye (-1 to missile damage rolls)


Mister Wanderful Works his way under the door. He helps Moe, the poor sick bastard, through the gap. "You're wonderfully muscled." The academic says, in admiration, as he pulls up Moe by his arms.

Eyehope is helped with zero admiration from Mister Wanderful.

Percolation beat-boxes while he wrestles with the hole.


Inside you see that this is a single huge room, a massive organic shape, like the inside of some colossal hive. Lights shine down from holes within the ceiling, and glowing creatures fly about in the distant expanse, throwing strange green lights across the floor and walls.

Reclining against the far wall is a massive creature, that looks like it would be sixty feet tall if it stood erect. It has red-brown fur and the head, face, and trunk of a giant predatory beast. The creature’s snoring rattles your heart in your chest. Hanging above it, from what appears to be a massive tree branch growing from the inside of the wall, is a domed cage of woven wood more than one hundred feet off the ground. From this angle you can’t see inside the cage.


Cyne's jaw drops as he takes in the enormity of the situation here. "We are supposed to sneak past THAT?"

"Yes, yes...preferable without it waking up!" Stroking his chin in thought here he adds, "We must be like insects to it...as long as we move lightly it will never know we are there!"

"How are we supposed to climb up there?" The normally silent elf Mirinde asks, "Our ropes are not long enough. We could climb up the roots to the cage I think..."


Male Human

”We are not all needed for such a task” opines Aio.

”A few select, stealthy, agile folk should go and investigate…


Mister Wanderful shrugs and starts searching the 'Room'.

Just roll what you need.

Characters:

Sloe Moe
Human Farmer(potato)
HP: 3
Strength: 15
Agility: 9
Stamina: 6
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 13
Luck: 6
Lucky Sign: Hawkeye: Missile fire damage rolls
Equipment: Sack, small 8 cp
Money: 18
Pitchfork (as spear)
Sheep

Mister Wanderful
Elven Sage
HP: 2
Strength: 10
Agility: 17
Stamina: 11
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 7
Luck: 8

Lucky Sign: Conceived on horseback: Mounted attack rolls

Equipment: Oil, 1 flask*** 2 sp
Money: 29
Dagger
Parchment, quill pen

Eyehope Eudie
Human Mendicant
HP: 2
Strength: 11
Agility: 14
Stamina: 4
Intelligence: 10
Personality: 7
Luck:11

Lucky Sign: The raging storm: Spell damage

Equipment: Chalk, 1 piece 1 cp
Money: 14
Club
Cheese dip

Percolation N. Sound
Human Minstrel
HP: 3
Strength: 11
Agility: 10
Stamina: 13
Intelligence: 14
Personality: 12
Luck: 11

Lucky Sign: Harsh winter: All attack rolls

Equipment: Thieves’ tools 25 gp
Money: 43
Dagger
Ukulele


Clucky's mind boggles at the size of the beast! The... titan! Ever practical, he looks for a way up to the cage - perhaps stairs or the like. Dude nods and murmurs under his breath, then eases into the massive chamber just behind Mister Wanderful. After a moment's hesitation, the farmer follows, with the elf and the urchin trailing the pair. All of them try to keep their eyes everywhere at once, looking for a way up to the cage via staircase or the like, but they also keep glancing at the titan. Is it REALLY sleeping? Or just pretending...

Stiehle's Band of Misfits:

Clucky the Chicken Farmer

STR 12 (+0)
AGI 5 (-2)
STA 15 (+1)
PER 14 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 16 (+2)

AC 8
HP 5

Starting Equipment:
Pitchfork (as spear)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
3 Torches
Hen
2cp

Attack Spear (+0 melee, 1d8+2 damage)

Birth Augur Born on the Battlefield (+2 to damage rolls)

---------------------------------------

Mickey the Urchin

STR 9 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Stick (as club)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
50' Rope
Begging bowl
4cp

Attack Stick (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur The Raging Storm (+0 to spell damage)

---------------------------------------

Fennik the Elven Glassblower

STR 10 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Hammer (as club)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
Flint & steel
Glass beads
3cp

Attack Hammer (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur Four Leafed Clover (+0 to finding secret doors)

---------------------------------------

Dude the Gongfarmer

STR 6 (-1)
AGI 13 (+1)
STA 9 (+0)
PER 11 (+0)
INT 7 (-1)
LCK 8 (-1)

AC 11
HP 2

Starting Equipment:
Trowel (as dagger)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
Candle
Sack of night soil
2cp

Attack Trowel (-1 melee, 1d4-1 damage; +1 thrown, 1d4-1 damage [10/20/30])

Birth Augur Hawkeye (-1 to missile damage rolls)


You begin to cautiously move about the room, searching for a way up to the cage. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way up there, but Mister Wanderful does spot a breach in the wall along the floor. Debris is piled up inside it, though, and it will take some effort to clear it away.

Suddenly, there comes a massive roar and a gout of green fire from the back of the group! Spinning around, you see a monster that looks like a wickedly carved jack-o’-lantern as large as a carriage, with a baleful green flame that can be seen through its eyes and mouth. The beast has eight tendrils of thick ropy vine that it uses both for movement and to attack prey.

You are surprised, so the monster acts before you have a chance to do so!

Tendril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 1 = 9

The monster lashes out with its tendrils, and while the first attack misses, the second one wraps around poor Aio! More tendrils quickly grab the elf from all directions, and before he even knows what is happening, they tear and rip him apart! Blood and gore splatter all around as the monster brutally slaughters Aio!

Aio takes 9 damage!

Initiative:

Albion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CucumberTree: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Eric: 1d20 ⇒ 2
OSW: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
scranford: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Stiehle: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Enemies: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

CucumberTree's characters may act! The breach in the wall is 30 feet away. You can clear the debris away from the opening with a DC 12 Strength check.


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

Lou is the last to leave, and sticks around hugging and petting Gretchen. He looks in every now and then to see if there is any progress, but hasn't completely bought into the plan.

Franc and Lester start looking around for other options for either entering or trying to get to get up the construct.

Suddenly there is a scream of pain, and Franc and Lester see the horror develop before their eyes.

Torn between entry and staying with Gretchen Lou ducks his head under the door at the hideous screams.


Str Sloe Moe dc:12: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Str Mister Wanderful dc:12: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Str Eyehope Eudie dc:12: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Str Percolation dc:12: 1d20 ⇒ 10

"What the..." says Sloe as he watches the tentacles create an elven chum splash across the floor.

The group, focused by terror, help each other clear and exit. "Run!" Yells Eyehope.

Characters:

Sloe Moe
Human Farmer(potato)
HP: 3
Strength: 15
Agility: 9
Stamina: 6
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 13
Luck: 6
Lucky Sign: Hawkeye: Missile fire damage rolls
Equipment: Sack, small 8 cp
Money: 18
Pitchfork (as spear)
Sheep

Mister Wanderful
Elven Sage
HP: 2
Strength: 10
Agility: 17
Stamina: 11
Intelligence: 11
Personality: 7
Luck: 8

Lucky Sign: Conceived on horseback: Mounted attack rolls

Equipment: Oil, 1 flask*** 2 sp
Money: 29
Dagger
Parchment, quill pen

Eyehope Eudie
Human Mendicant
HP: 2
Strength: 11
Agility: 14
Stamina: 5
Intelligence: 10
Personality: 7
Luck:11

Lucky Sign: The raging storm: Spell damage

Equipment: Chalk, 1 piece 1 cp
Money: 14
Club
Cheese dip

Percolation N. Sound
Human Minstrel
HP: 3
Strength: 11
Agility: 10
Stamina: 13
Intelligence: 14
Personality: 12
Luck: 11

Lucky Sign: Harsh winter: All attack rolls

Equipment: Thieves’ tools 25 gp
Money: 43
Dagger
Ukulele


The jack-o'-lantern creature gathers up the pieces of Aio in its tendrils as it scurries towards the wall behind you, clambering several feet up off the ground. It speaks in a quiet voice that somehow sounds like it is coming from right beside you. "I apologize for the necessity of such a senseless act of violence. You are intruders here. Leave this dimension immediately, or you will be summarily destroyed."

It opens its gaping maw wide as it begins to devour Aio's remains!

Everybody may act. The creature has climbed 20 feet up the wall.


Male Human

”Leave, you say? Very well, we will depart…” says Dee quietly, trying not to show his sickly countenance. He produces his piece of chalk and begins to slowly draw an “arcane and highly esoterical” circle on the floor…

”Sir Keratibiles, please gather Prince Daselarian’s items..” she says to Dell.

Dell complies, keeping a weather eye on the tendril’d grimjack.

OSW’s abbreviated Band of Skulls:

Pip

Strength: 17

Agility: 7 

Stamina: 12

Intelligence: 13 

Personality: 13 

Luck: 15
HP: 4
Lucky Sign: 18 Guardian Angel: + 1 bonus to escape traps

Occupation: Halfling glovemaker

Equipment:
Awl
Spear
1 pair gloves

4 candles (4 cp)
1 piece chalk (1 cp)
Flint and steel (15 cp)
1 torch (1 cp)

Starting Money: 21 coppers, 0 remaining.

(Aio’s equipment)
Equipment
Shortbow, 6 arrows
Spyglass
Flint and Steel

4 torches (4 cp)
2 candles (2 cp)
Oil flask (20 cp)

Dell

Strength: 16 

Agility: 14 

Stamina: 13 

Intelligence: 8 

Personality: 11 

Luck: 8
HP: 3
Lucky Sign: Seventh son, -1 to spell checks

Occupation: Trapper

Equipment:
Sling and 3 stones
Dagger
Large sack

2 days rations ( 10 cp)
Flint and steel (15 cp)
2 torches (2 cp)

Starting Money: 29 coppers, 2 cp remaining

Dee

Sick: -1 penalty on attack, damage (attacks still do a minimum of one point), ability checks, and skill checks based on Strength, Agility, or Stamina.

Strength: 12 

Agility: 12 

Stamina: 7 

Intelligence: 16 

Personality: 11 

Luck: 11
HP: 1
Lucky Sign: Lucky sign, +0 to saving throws

Occupation: Trapper

Sling and 6 stones
Dagger
Empty flask

2 days rations (10 cp)
1 candle (1 cp)
1 oil flask (20 cp)
2 torches (2 cp)
1 piece of chalk (1 cp)

Starting Money: 36 coppers, 2 cp remaining


Male Human

Personality: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Of all the Misfits here, Only Gauward shows any appreciation for the deception shown by Dee but that appreciation does not show him down as they all make their way towards the breach in the wall!


"The nightmare's diction is superlative." Mister Wanderful lisps to the other's during their escape.

Eyehope yells back at the thing. "We were invited by the blue b!tch, Mister Freaky."


”The blue LADY” - Alasdair quickly adds/corrects.

In the meanwhile Artemis bails outside without a second thought - ”#%&/ this!” - Lisa following close on his heels.

Halifax hesitates, horrified at Aio’s fate, but moves to stand closer to Alasdair - ”We mean no harm, and we do not know how to leave, kind… Err… Sir or Madam”


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

Franc and Lester move forward quickly towards the opening in the wall. Lou hurries to catch up after one last glance at Gretchen.


"Lady protect meeeeeeeeeee!" Dude shrieks as he runs toward the breach that enters into the far wall, his gangly legs pumping furiously and comically.

"Move! Move!" Clucky calls to his companions, as the elf seems to be looking at the creature in frank admiration and Mickey stares in stark terror. The farmer is already running, clutching his hen to his side as he races across the open space, his eyes flicking toward the sleeping titan and hoping it doesn't wake up. He doesn't look back at the... the awful thing from his worst nightmares. There's no sense in doing so, if it catches him, he'll be dead. Or worse.

The urchin and the elf finally break their own paralysis and run after Clucky!

Stiehle's Band of Misfits:

Clucky the Chicken Farmer

STR 12 (+0)
AGI 5 (-2)
STA 15 (+1)
PER 14 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 16 (+2)

AC 8
HP 5

Starting Equipment:
Pitchfork (as spear)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
3 Torches
Hen
2cp

Attack Spear (+0 melee, 1d8+2 damage)

Birth Augur Born on the Battlefield (+2 to damage rolls)

---------------------------------------

Mickey the Urchin

STR 9 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Stick (as club)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
50' Rope
Begging bowl
4cp

Attack Stick (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur The Raging Storm (+0 to spell damage)

---------------------------------------

Fennik the Elven Glassblower

STR 10 (+0)
AGI 12 (+0)
STA 12 (+0)
PER 9 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
LCK 9 (+0)

AC 10
HP 1

Starting Equipment:
Hammer (as club)
3 Days of rations
Flask (empty)
Small sack
Flint & steel
Glass beads
3cp

Attack Hammer (+0 melee, 1d4 damage)

Birth Augur Four Leafed Clover (+0 to finding secret doors)

---------------------------------------

Dude the Gongfarmer

STR 6 (-1)
AGI 13 (+1)
STA 9 (+0)
PER 11 (+0)
INT 7 (-1)
LCK 8 (-1)

AC 11
HP 2

Starting Equipment:
Trowel (as dagger)
3 Days of rations
Small sack
Candle
Sack of night soil
2cp

Attack Trowel (-1 melee, 1d4-1 damage; +1 thrown, 1d4-1 damage [10/20/30])

Birth Augur Hawkeye (-1 to missile damage rolls)


The wise among you push past the debris and find yourself in a gloomy chamber that smells like autumn leaves after a heavy rain. The chamber is lit by several of the same strange glowing creatures you saw in the main chamber contained in a hand-woven cage that hangs in the center of the room. This room is full of debris, and walking across it will be difficult. To your far left you see a shadowy passageway, slightly curved as it runs along the interior wall of the huge chamber you just left. In several places down that wall, a tiny breach allows a ray of the strange light from the main room to shine in.

Meanwhile, Dee performs a faux ritual while Dell gathers up Aio’s gear. Alasdair stands his ground while Halifax tries to reason with the monster, but his pleas fall on deaf ears.

”I am Cur Maxima. I gave you one warning. You will not get another,” the plant monster says in its soft voice that somehow can be heard clearly even in the side chamber. It clambers back down the wall on its tendrils and looms large over the foolish foursome who failed to flee.

Tendrils (Dee, Alasdair): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Dee manages to dodge its whipping tendrils, but Alasdair is too slow! The tendrils wraps around the minstrel and holds him tight!

Alasdair is grappled and cannot move. He can try to break free of the tendril with a DC 18 Strength check. The characters in the side chamber are out of combat, but Dee, Dell, Alasdair, and Halifax may all take their actions for this round.

1 to 50 of 1,039 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Dungeon Crawl Classics Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.