DM Brainiac's Dungeon Crawl Classics

Game Master Brainiac

Loot Spreadsheet


1,001 to 1,039 of 1,039 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

Clancy sees Istevan wince as he moves and the cleric halts the barbarian with a gentle hand to the shoulder. Taking a look at the injury the big man had been trying hide, Clancy just gives Istevan a smile and a 'tsk' before summoning the power of Justicia once again. If there is to be a penalty for aiding his friends, the cleric will accept it with his usual stoicism. He will not allow fear to make him hesitate in doing what he believes is right and just.

Lay on Hands Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 = Failure, Disapproval raised to '3'
Lay on Hands Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 = Success! 2 HD of healing for Istevan

It takes a few moments for the magic to flow, but Clancy grins as Istevan's wounds begin to heal. "Faith, my friend. Now, let us end the threat of this so-called emerald enchanter."

Whew! There we go! Thought about asking for some halfling luck, but a Disapproval of 3 isn't terrible and I have a funny feeling we're gonna be draining all the luck you can dole out very soon, Roscoe!


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

Healing: 2d12 ⇒ (12, 7) = 19

As the wound from the emerald ogre finally pulls closed, Istevan stands taller and claps Clancy on the back: "Well! I feel 5 years younger after that -- thanks once more to you and your patron, my friend"


You climb back up out of the cave and into the dungeon. From there, you retrace your steps to the northeastern hall and take the curving stairs up to the second floor of the Emerald Enchanter's lair.

Rounding the corner, you see a small chamber with a door on the far wall. Another emerald statue confronts you, this one more horrible than the last. It is a hulking 8-foot-tall humanoid with enormous hooked claws at the end of each arm and a barbed scorpion tail!

Initiative:

Clancy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Degan: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Istevan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Mirinde: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Roscoe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Zathra: 1d16 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Enemies: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

The construct surges forward before you can react. It tears into Zathra with its claws, then drives its poisoned stinger square into her chest! The burly woman groans and staggers as the poison burns through her veins, but she remains--barely--standing!

Claw, Claw, Tail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Crit Table: 1d14 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (4) = 10
Zathra Fortitude DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Stamina Loss: 1d4 ⇒ 2

21 damage and 2 Stamina loss to Zathra. Everybody may act!


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

Istevan charges forward with... not enthusiasm, though not exactly reluctance either... uh... resignedly is probably the right descriptor.

Placing himself between the monster and Zathra, he slashes

Longsword: 1d20 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 1 = 6
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

but is unable to connect.


Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

Their encounter with the nightmarish monster sees Zathra nearly torn to shreds before anyone can react - and though the cleric's first instinct is to heal the barbarian, he can see she yet lives and that it's likely nobody else could survive such an attack. They need time... and Clancy has a spell that might just give them that. Summoning the power of Justicia, the cleric's hand begins to swirly with a grey, ethereal mist which he directs toward the emerald enchanter's guardian with a gesture and a word of power!

Paralysis Spell - Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
20-23: The cleric designates a single creature within 30' and paralyzes it with a word. If the creature is 2HD or less there is no save, but if the target has 3 HD or more, it gets a Will save vs. spell check DC or is completely paralyzed for Duration: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 rounds.

OK, a solid roll - was gonna ask for some halfling assistance if needed, but a higher result won't do much since there's only one target. Let's hope it doesn't beat the Will save DC of 21! Now that I think about it though, if Roscoe wants to give me 1 point of luck that'd make the Will save DC 23. Might make a difference, or maybe not? I'll leave the decision to Roscoe.


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

Nice!


Female Elf Level 2 ; HP 9 (of 13)

Mirinde is caught off guard by the appearance of the emerald construct and as the others move to engage she wonders whether the spells that created it could be undone here...

Not sure this will work, but it is worth a shot...she will try the trick to reverse the construct's transformation here:
Spell check DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9; 1 point Spellburn (STA)
Hmmm...not sure it is worth burning Luck on this roll but if Roscoe wants to burn 5 Luck then who am I to argue?


Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

Mirinde, if the Paralysis works, you can always try again?


Female Elf Level 2 ; HP 9 (of 13)

Sure, as long as Mirinde has STA to burn here. Each try costs 1 point of Spellburn btw.


Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

Ouch! Although... you might get to add that 1 point of Spellburn to your total (I know there are some instances, like when you lose a spell, when that point of Spellburn to recast the 'lost' spell does not apply to the total, but I don't think this is one of those instances), which would be 10. And Roscoe need only burn 2 points of Luck to give you 4 points to hit that DC.


Male Human Thief 2 | AC 11 | HP 4/4 | R +1 F +0 W -1 | Luck 11/11

Degan is terrified, after his own near-death experience and after seeing creatures eviscerate his far tougher allies.

He hangs back and waits to see what the spellcasters can do.


Will vs Paralysis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Looks like there's no need for Mirinde to take spelburn.

Justicia lends her divine might to Clancy, empowering his magic! The emerald scorpion seizes up as it is completely paralyzed! It offers no resistance as Istevan, Roscoe, and the terribly injured Zathra chop and slice it to bits! As it is destroyed, the eidolon shatters into fragments of valuable gemstone!

Gemstones: 2d10 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Heh, well, not that many. You can gather 2 emeralds worth 10 gp each.


Female Elf Level 2 ; HP 9 (of 13)

Mirinde sighs as the emerald statue fragments beyond the ability to be scavenged. Still she valiantly gathers up the remaining fragments, adding them to her stash.

Sizing up the injuries suffered by Zathra she nods silently and awaits Clancy to perform his miracles...


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

More than happy to wait while Clancy patches up Zathra (all too recently, he was the one being patched up, after all), Istevan invites Degan to come with him to inspect the door.

"I hope we find this sorcerer soon -- I'm about ready for a hot meal and three days' sleep."


Male Human Thief 2 | AC 11 | HP 4/4 | R +1 F +0 W -1 | Luck 11/11

After helping identify the more valuable gemstone fragments, Degan goes to inspect the door.

Find Traps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He confidently remarks "All clear here, Isteván."


Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

With the threat taken care of, Clancy approaches Zathra with a smile. "Let's get you patched up. I've a feeling the emerald wizard won't got down as easily. We will need your blade." But the cleric quickly realizes that Justicia strongly disagrees with her mortal servant...

Lay on Hands Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Disapproval Roll: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Ouch! Disapproval this time. I don't have my book, but since I rolled a 2 it's 2d4. I'm imagining Justicia's heavenly phone ringing off the hook and she's like "OK you obnoxious little twit..." My Disapproval is now 4, but I'll go again (if I can) once we figure out what that roll means on the Disapproval table.


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

6

The cleric incurs an immediate -1 penalty to all attempts to lay on hands until they go on a quest to heal the crippled. This quest is of their own design, but generally speaking must result in significant aid to the crippled, blind, lamed, sickly, etc. Once the quest is completed, the deity revokes the penalty. While the penalty remains, it applies to all attempts to lay on hands, even if the “normal” disapproval range has been reduced back to a natural 1.

Oof!


Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

Clancy hears Justicia's voice in his mind. "You are MY servant, and you should be seeking to help all in need - not just yourself and your friends. There is a selfish streak in your heart that must be purged, if you truly desire to serve ME. Seek those in need, beyond your own circle, and render healing to them as well. Then, and only then, will our connection will be fully restored." The cleric closes his eyes tightly, then nods and murmurs softly - seemingly in response to nothing that anyone else heard. "Your will, My Lady." But Clancy is not the type to turn away from a friend in need, and so he dares to call upon his goddess once again, in an attempt to heal Zathra's near-mortal wounds.

Lay on Hands Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 1 = 11

Thanks, Istevan! Would you check on this roll and see if an 11 is successful or not? I think I need a 12... but maybe Roscoe can toss a bit of luck my way? If not, I'll spend a point of Luck permanently myself to bring that to a 12.


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

You're correct -- you will need a 12 for 1 die of healing (since Zathra is, I think, neutral), or a 14 for 2 dice


Female barbarian 2 | AC 12 | HP 2/26 | Ref +0, Fort +1, Will -1

Yes, Zathra is neutral.

Zathra groans and leans heavily against the wall as Clancy struggles to channel his goddess's grace. She shakes her head and waves him away. "It's okay. You guys go on and finish this. I'll just... stay here... and rest a bit, yeah?"


Male Human Thief 2 | AC 11 | HP 4/4 | R +1 F +0 W -1 | Luck 11/11

I'd give you Luck if I could, Clancy. Thieves are unfortunately more selfish than Halflings.


Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

No worries Degan, if Roscoe doesn't post, I'll use one of my own Luck points to get that to 12. The player mentioned we could just ask for Luck in his last post though, and he might be busy IRL with that trade show he mentioned in the Discussion thread. I'll leave it to the GM if they want to bot Roscoe granting me a Luck point or if they'd rather I use my own this time. In any case, I'd rather not gain another Disapproval so I definitely want to hit that 12 one way or another! Consider Zathra healed with 1 hit die, GM! :)


I'll have Roscoe use a luck point.

Zathra Healing: 1d12 ⇒ 6

Zathra sighs with relief as she receives some healing, though she is still badly hurt. (HP 8/32) "Good enough. I'll hang back in the next fight," she says.

You proceed through the door the eidolon was guarding. A long, twisting hall eventually emerges into a large room that is dominated by an enormous crystal ball set into the ceiling in the far corner. In the opposite corner, closest to you, is a flat emerald tabletop, much like the one you saw earlier in your explorations. A few chairs and tables complete the room.

It must be from here that the Emerald Enchanter has been observing your progress through his lair. He is not here now--no doubt he waits for you in one of the chambers beyond!


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

Unless Zathra has a ranged weapon, Istevan will hand her his crossbow and last three bolts: "Hang back, but do some damage when we find this fiend."


Male Halfling Explorer 2; Luck 14/18

I'm back... mostly. And Roscoe would be estatic to lend 1 of his halfling luck points to give 2 points to Clancy... in fact he'll lend more if he wants to try again.

"Too bad. Looks like we were overeager in destroying this thing, and broke most of the emeralds".

"Wow! This guy really dig's crystals don't he". Roscoe starts forward... but probably not first in line.


Female Elf Level 2 ; HP 9 (of 13)

"I will summon some aid once the battle begins," Mirinde adds, "yet 'ware his words, should he open parlay with us."


Once you are ready, you press on into the next room. You have entered an enormous room filled with magical machinery. Four huge vats of boiling green liquid sit in the four corners of the room. On the ceiling above each vat is a series of chains and pulleys that trace a course to the center of the room, where each track of chain ends in a steel cage hanging from the ceiling. In two of the cages are haggard-looking women who begin screaming for help when they see you.

On the far side of the room is a large mass of machinery with a bank of levers upon it. A green-robed, green-skinned man sits there--the Emerald Enchanter himself! Upon seeing you, he throws two levers up. A grinding sound fills the room as the two cages holding maidens begin screeching along their chain tracks toward the boiling vats. Simultaneously, a swarm of eight bat-winged emerald skulls lifts off the ground behind the sorcerer, while two emerald statues rise dripping from the other vats and advance toward you!

Initiative:

Clancy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Degan: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Istevan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Mirinde: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Roscoe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Zathra: 1d16 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Enemies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Degan may act first! The chamber is 60 feet wide and 45 feet long. One emerald statue is 15 feet away from you, the other one is 30 feet away, emerging from the northern vats. The emerald skulls are all 40 feet away, and the Emerald Enchanter is on the platform 5 feet behind them.

The vats are 10 feet deep, with the bottom 7 feet below floor level and the top 3 feet rising above floor level. The ceiling is 20 feet tall, with the series of chains running right at ceiling level. They are operated by the machinery and bank of levers where the emerald enchanter sits.

The maidens are in cages leading to the southern vats. The cages lurch along jerkily on the chain apparatus, moving 5 feet per round. The tracks are 20 feet from start to vat. Each cage is 5 feet high and hangs on 5 feet of chain, meaning its base is 10 feet above the ground. A cage can be stopped with a DC 16 Str check, assuming a character grapples the cage somehow. A new Str check is required each round to hold back the pulley apparatus. A cage door can be opened with a DC 16 Str check or a DC 12 pick locks check. Once the cage door is opened, the maiden can be taken to safety.

And, of course, the cages’ motion can also be stopped by returning the control levers to their neutral positions, but the Emerald Enchanter isn't just going to sit around and let you do that!

Good luck!

Buffs:
Spider Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Magic Shield: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 162d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


Male Human Thief 2 | AC 11 | HP 4/4 | R +1 F +0 W -1 | Luck 11/11

How far is it horizontally from the wall to the cages? I get that the bottom of the cages is 10' up, but I wondering about trying to Parkour off the wall and up high enough to grab the bottom of a cage. If I can't do that, I will just jump for the cage.

Degan hears the women screaming for help, and although he is mortal terror of the many enemies, he makes a heroic leap to save the prettiest nearest maiden!

Strength or Agility to jump up: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Luck if Needed: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Will use another Luck if needed.


Male Halfling Explorer 2; Luck 14/18

Roscoe moves full speed towards the Emerald Enchanter...

If I can stop him I can change everything.

I'm assuming it will take all little Roscoe's actions to get close to the man.


Degan leaps up onto the nearest cage, hanging on as it slowly makes its way towards the transmutation vats.

The two eidolons charge in to attack Istevan with their swords, but he parries their blows!

Swords: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The flying skulls fire beams of burning red light at Clancy and Mirinde! One beam knocks Clancy's legs out from under him, causing him to fall prone!

Skull Zaps (Clancy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Crit: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 3
Skull Zaps (Mirinde): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 3

The Emerald Enchanter casts a spell, sending a single arrow of green force into Clancy's chest!

Magic Missiles: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

13 total damage to Clancy, 4 damage to Mirinde. Everybody may act!


Female Elf Level 2 ; HP 9 (of 13)

Mirinde shrugs off the pain here and pauses until all of the emerald foes come into range then proceeds to slash her wrist here (Accepting Spellburn) then calls out in a clear voice, tinged with anger and disgust at the machinations of the Sorcerer!

"Yasmilon!!"

Spell check DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

If that works, Istevan will charge past the eidolons to the enchanter -- it sounds like maybe that will be a double move? If it doesn't work, Istevan will attack one of the eidolons (or he'll attack the enchanter if he still has an action)


Male Human Thief 2 | AC 11 | HP 4/4 | R +1 F +0 W -1 | Luck 11/11

Degan scrambles to get more secure position, pulling himself up and getting a foot between the bars so he can stand instead of hanging on.

He then starts to work on opening the lock of the cage.

Pick Lock: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Lawful Male Human Acolyte of Justicia | 24 yrs, 6' 2", 170 lb. Cleric 2 | AC: 15 (w/ shield) | HP: 6 (of 20) | Ref -2 | Fort +2 | Will +2 | CL Check Modifier +3 (Spells/Turn/Heal) | Disapproval 5 | Luck 10

Coughing blood, the cleric tries to heal himself from the terrible wound in his chest...

Lay on Hands Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 1 = 5
Disapproval[/dice: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) = 6

Oof... Another Disapproval... Same roll as last time, so I guess it's -2 to Lay On Hands until he goes on his quest to heal the huddled masses.


Male Halfling Explorer 2; Luck 14/18

Not sure if Roscoe can close all the way to the sorcerer, so he'll move up, then toss one of his hand axes at the nemesis.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Hand Axe
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Edge

"You better back off all your helpers. I'm coming for you".

Roscoe will spend (2) luck to bring this up to a 16.


Mirinde invokes the word of power, and the two emerald eidolons transform back into humans! They cry out in relief as they drop their weapons and rush to flee the room. The Emerald Enchanter snarls in frustration and stomps his feet petulantly!

Roscoe moves up and hurls an axe at the wizard, luckily bypassing his magic shield and injuring him! Istevan and Zathra rush past the halfling and climb up onto the platform to confront the enchanter in melee. Clancy's lay on hands attempt fizzles out, and Degan struggles to pick the lock on the cage he is hanging from. The maiden within begs the rogue to hurry as the cages continue to move towards the trasmutation vats, now halfway there!

The Emerald Enchanter calls out to his patron, Azi Dahaka, the demon lord of storms and waste!

Invoke Patron: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Rounds Delayed: 1d3 ⇒ 2

You can hear the hissing sounds of snakes from around the room, but nothing immediately happens.

Meanwhile, the emerald skulls turn their focus to Istevan and Zathra as they try to defend their master! Both are hit several times, one striking Istevan with a blow that leaves him reeling.

Skull Zaps vs Istevan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Crit: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Damge: 1d3 ⇒ 31d3 ⇒ 2
Skull Zaps vs Zathra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 21d3 ⇒ 1

5 damage to Istevan, 4 damage to Zathra. Istevan drops to the bottom of initiative, for what it's worth. Everybody may act!


Male N Human Warrior (Barbarian) 2 | HP: 20/25 | AC: 15 (16) | Init: +1 | Mvmt: 25 | | REFL: +0 FORT +1 WILL +0 | Active effects:

lol Istevan couldn't really get much lower in the initiative order!

Grimacing in pain, Istevan grunts in an aside to Zathra: "I am really hoping that killing this jerk puts things aright -- I don't think I'll have the energy to chase down all these skulls after!"

Longsword: 1d20 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + (3) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Edit: In case I wasn't clear, he's attacking the enchanter


Male Human Thief 2 | AC 11 | HP 4/4 | R +1 F +0 W -1 | Luck 11/11

Degan tries again to pick the lock, but he nearly drops his tools!

Pick Lock: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Think that is too far away to make it even with burning Luck at 1d4 per point. Will have to hope for a better roll next round!


Female Elf Level 2 ; HP 9 (of 13)

Mirinde smiles in satisfaction as the Emerald Enchanter voices his frustration here, but when he calls upon his patron for assistance an icy chill travels through her body.

I am loath to do it but...I cannot allow his patron to tip the battle in his favor!

She again gouges a chuck of flesh from her forearm STA dam: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Spell check, Invoke Patron: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22

"Lady in Blue...HEED MY CALL! Azi Dahaka seeks to thwart your goals!"

1,001 to 1,039 of 1,039 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Dungeon Crawl Classics Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.