[Outpost VI] Feast of Ravenmoor (Inactive)

Game Master Redelia

chronicle sheets


101 to 150 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Nilah, can I have an acrobatics check, please, for leaping over the fire?

Mahakala and his little dino are eagerly accepted into the race.

Mahakala, do you want to go at half speed, or go at full speed while needing to make acrobatics checks every round? If you want to make checks, please give me a string of checks for both you and your dino.

I'll resolve this race and the fire leap before I resolve the greased pig, because they happen in that order

Grand Lodge

Samsaran Saurian Shaman Druid 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 16 | F+4 R+2 W+8 | P+11 | Init +1

The young druid removes his armor prior to the race.

Mahakala wanted to err on the side of caution and take his time, but apparently Taayar got overly excited at prospect of a race and went full till.

Full speed unfortunatly for my poor druid

Mahakala Acrobatics:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Taayar Acrobatics:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Nilah sails over the flame, making it look easy.

Mahakala and his little dino enter the race. They try to move forward at full speed, failing once, but it's a minor failure, so they just don't move forward, but don't fall over. (120 feet after 5 rounds)

The first team of villagers moves slowly and carefully. (75 feet after 5 rounds, 90 after 6 rounds, 105 after 7 rounds, 120 after 8 rounds)

The second team tries to move forward normally.
rolls for villagers: 8d20 ⇒ (5, 9, 6, 16, 9, 3, 12, 12) = 72
rolls for villagers: 8d20 ⇒ (8, 18, 14, 1, 17, 17, 13, 20) = 108
they fall over the first round and can't get up right away. On the fifth round they get up, but are still at the start line. Round 6 they fall over again, the seventh they get up, and the eighth they move forward. (rounds 1-7 0 feet, round 8 30 feet)

The third team tries to run.
rolls for villagers: 8d20 ⇒ (16, 20, 5, 8, 18, 18, 3, 7) = 95
rolls for villagers: 8d20 ⇒ (13, 1, 4, 20, 6, 14, 5, 1) = 64
The first round they fail to move forward, but do not fall over. The second round they fall over. They cannot get up the third, fourth, or fifth round. The sixth round they get up, but fall over again the seventh round, and can't get up in round eight.

(I need some more acrobatics checks. 5 more rounds each should be enough.)

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Four more then?
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 ...
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 ...!
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 !!!

Grand Lodge

Samsaran Saurian Shaman Druid 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 16 | F+4 R+2 W+8 | P+11 | Init +1

Mahakala and Taayar continue to give it their all, though maybe they should communicate better to synchronize that effort.

Mahakala Acrobatics:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Taayar Acrobatics:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

I'm sorry, Nilah, I wasn't clear; it was just from Mahakala and the dino that I needed more acrobatics checks.

It takes only two more rounds (rounds 6 and 7) for Mahakala and his dino to make it to the finish line. Two of the teams of villagers are still at the start line, and the other is about 2/3 of the way.

The villagers are impressed at the success.

Attention now turns to the greased pig contest. Mahakala does indeed calm the pig a bit. Bahram and Xivio step forward, as does one of the villagers. The winner is whoever manages to pin down the pig.

Everyone, please make perception checks before the contest starts, even if you're not participating.

Dark Archive

Male N Sylph Rogue 1/Wizard 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 (with Mage Armor 17/13/14) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F +4, R +6, W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 35' | Arcane Reservoir 3/4 | Pearl of Power 0/1 | GM reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Xivio cheers for the speedy Mahakala and his dinosaur. "Ah, what fun! I like this place..."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

ah, my bad. Well... I certainly don't feel like I lost much in those rolls :D

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16

On the outside, Nilah frowns and puts off an irritated demeanor, almost as if she's suspicion of "fun." But on the inside, this reminds her of the community she loved about her homeland and situation growing-up. Still, better to not let people know what pleases you. guarded and cynical, lol

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Bahram watches the races, but it's distracted by the mystery of the tax collector. What is really going on?

Liberty's Edge

tiefling paladin 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 20 t11 f19 | F+8 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs death) immune to fear, disease | resist cold, elec, fire 5 | Perc -1 | Init +1 |

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Samsaran Saurian Shaman Druid 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 16 | F+4 R+2 W+8 | P+11 | Init +1

Mahakala Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Taayar Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Shaman 4 | HP 39/31 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 15/14 | F+2 R+3 W+8 | P+14 | Init +1

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Zubb Zubb tries to stay alert. The world needs more lerts.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Nilah, Mahakala, and Zubb:
the pig not only seems kind of sickly, but almost seems drugged in the way it stumbles and
weaves about. You may roll heal or knowledge:nature to see if you know more.

Grand Lodge

Samsaran Saurian Shaman Druid 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 16 | F+4 R+2 W+8 | P+11 | Init +1

The young samsara mulls over what could have caused such an effect in the poor pig.

knowledge nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Hmm.... that pig does not seem well. Prepped him for a foregone conclusion, did they?

Heal (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 3 Despite her observation, Nilah is still not a healer nor knowledgeable in the ways of species' bodies.

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Shaman 4 | HP 39/31 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 15/14 | F+2 R+3 W+8 | P+14 | Init +1

Heal Take 10 is 18.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

no more known...

Just to double check, Bahram and Xivio plan to participate in the Greased Pig Grab, with a bonus from Zubb Zubb?

Dark Archive

Male N Sylph Rogue 1/Wizard 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 (with Mage Armor 17/13/14) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F +4, R +6, W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 35' | Arcane Reservoir 3/4 | Pearl of Power 0/1 | GM reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Unless one of my comrades advises against it, yes.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

Same


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The contest begins. To win, you need to be the first to pin the pig. PCs may go first, and then I'll roll for the NPCs who are participating.

Dark Archive

Male N Sylph Rogue 1/Wizard 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 (with Mage Armor 17/13/14) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F +4, R +6, W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 35' | Arcane Reservoir 3/4 | Pearl of Power 0/1 | GM reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

CMB: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Xivio is rather surprised at how well he does on his first attempt to grab the pig.

I thought this was going to be a race - he's not really made for grappling!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

cmb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The contest starts while Bahram is trying to smile at all of the townsfolk.

This is very silly. I can't believe I'm about to wrestle a pig. Do stupid... Oh, it's started!

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Shaman 4 | HP 39/31 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 15/14 | F+2 R+3 W+8 | P+14 | Init +1

@Xivio don't forget the +2 I am giving you.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

Ah, so I might have a 12, then.

Dark Archive

Male N Sylph Rogue 1/Wizard 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 (with Mage Armor 17/13/14) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F +4, R +6, W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 35' | Arcane Reservoir 3/4 | Pearl of Power 0/1 | GM reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Zubb Zubb wrote:
@Xivio don't forget the +2 I am giving you.

I did forget. A 17 for the wizard then! :-) Btw, I'll be busy with family visiting until Saturday so please bot me as needed.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

One of the villagers joins you.

villager roll to grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Only Xivio is able to get a good grip on the slippery pig.

The pig squeals and wriggles.

Xivio, you may try to move to a pin, and Bahram can try again to grapple.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

cmb: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Can't believe I'm doing this. Pretend this is just a study of the local population. Nothing a little prestidigitation in a few drinks won't fix."

Dark Archive

Male N Sylph Rogue 1/Wizard 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 (with Mage Armor 17/13/14) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F +4, R +6, W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 35' | Arcane Reservoir 3/4 | Pearl of Power 0/1 | GM reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) - 1 + 2 = 12


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

villager grapple round 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Xivio is unable to change the pin to a grapple, and Bahram's hands slide right off the slick little piggie. The villager gets a good grip, too.

The piggie continues to try to get loose.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The villager tries to pin down the piggie.

villager grapple round 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

As he pins the piggie, it quickly dies and then transforms. An additional pairof legs sprout from its body and its eyes turn pitch blackwith no visible whites, while a number of flytraplike jaws sprout from its back. One of these jaws is large enough to snap and bite at foes. image on slides

The biggest mouth on the creature's back bites at the villager who pinned it.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
spores save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
terrible visage save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
The villager is sickened with fear.

Xivio terrible visage save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bahram terrible visage save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Xivio and Bahram shake off the effects of seeing the transformation from up close.

The mutated piggie looks ready to fly away.
do you let it get away, or fight it?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

Fight it!

"What in the nine dunes is that?!"

could Bahram pull/get his axe and swing?

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Shaman 4 | HP 39/31 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 15/14 | F+2 R+3 W+8 | P+14 | Init +1

Hexes, as Supernatural abilities, are not obvious, are they? Could I slumber the pig and have no one know how it happened?

Grand Lodge

Samsaran Saurian Shaman Druid 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 16 | F+4 R+2 W+8 | P+11 | Init +1

The druid was not watching the barbaric contest, but should he have heard the bite he would try to get a better look at the new form trying to figure out what on golarion it was!

K. Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Liberty's Edge

tiefling paladin 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 20 t11 f19 | F+8 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs death) immune to fear, disease | resist cold, elec, fire 5 | Perc -1 | Init +1 |

"What the Abyss is that! Don't let it get away!"

Nyshka gets ready to fight the awful looking thing.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

Assuming I can make an attack...

+1 great axe: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 161d12 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Using a bit of archaeologist's luck, 'cause wtf is that?!,

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Shaman 4 | HP 39/31 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 15/14 | F+2 R+3 W+8 | P+14 | Init +1

On Zubb Zubb's turn he will Slumber, DC 16. He will also use Combat Advice on whomever is next in initiative.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah looks both stunned and disgusted by the sudden, transformed appearance of the pig.

What, indeed, is that thing?

She [move] draws her scimitar and [move] approaches cautiously...


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

initiative:

Bahram: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Nilah: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Nyshka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Zubb Zubb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Mahakala: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Taayar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Xivio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
weird dead piggie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

there is no map provided for this encounter, so I've added a slide with a blank grid. Please place yourselves on the map based on what you've described, and I'll narrate what has happened so far.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Mahakala knows this is not something natural...

Bahram smashes the creature, doing significant damage. It feels like more damage than the creature appears to take, though. DR

Zubb Zubb finds that the creature is not impacted at all by his hex. immune to mind effecting...

Nilah moves in close.

Mahakala and his buddy can act, as can Xivio.

Nyshka, you're up after the weird dead piggie.

status: piggie -5 HP

Grand Lodge

Samsaran Saurian Shaman Druid 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 16 | F+4 R+2 W+8 | P+11 | Init +1

Hoping this unnatural thing doesn't carry any diseases Mahakala set Taayar loose on it, who happy bounds towards it to take a big bite of it.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 122d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 = 13

The druid follows up after his companion bringing a Cold Iron Scimitar down upon the mockery of nature.

Cold Iron Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah's given position on the map looks about right for what's been narrated so far.

Liberty's Edge

tiefling paladin 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 20 t11 f19 | F+8 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs death) immune to fear, disease | resist cold, elec, fire 5 | Perc -1 | Init +1 |

Don't wait up for Nyshka to start the next turn, all she can do is double move to get around the piggy's new humanoid shield :p


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Mahakala and Taayar both injure the creature, but also find that the damage is less than expected.

piggie -17 HP


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

botting Xivio...
normally I'd never melee with a wizard, but he's multiclass, and already in melee range.

spiked gauntlet, flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23
damage, sneak: 1d4 - 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) - 2 + (6, 4) = 10

After getting in a good smack, also reduced by DR, Xivio takes a five foot step back.

The piggie, deciding you're too much trouble, flies away.
by the rules, you can take AoO, but it won't change anything...

The villagers were afraid and disgusted, but they don't seem surprised by the piggie's transformation. The villagers explain, "We get things like this around here now and then—there’s bad magic in the ground here that the Dream Tender normally protects us from, but now and then, animals get the badness in them."

The mayor breaks the uncomfortable situation by calling loudly for the feast to begin.

As sundown approaches, the villagers light the bonfires lining the perimeter of the festival grounds, illuminating the area as the various preparations are drawn to the central tables, outspread quilts, and scattered benches. The feast itself begins without fanfare, as steaming-hot platters of the day’s labors are distributed among the families. You are invited to dine at Mayor Kriegler’s table, along with important villagers—the elder council and the victors of festival events.

The families responsible for particular aspects of the meal proudly make their way to each table or pavilion, serving everyone as much as he can eat. Once all are served, Mayor Kriegler stands for a short benediction
to bless the meal and give thanks to "the slumbering dreamer whose gossamer cloak protects us." Among the usual fare of whole fresh greens, roasted pig, and freshbaked breads, the feast’s more unusual offerings include black mushrooms, a salad of serrated leaves, fried silkworms, smoked tick legs, and an unusual sausage.

kn. nature or craft(alchemy), DC 12:
The salad greens are flayleaf, an intoxicant.

what do you eat?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 5 HP 33/33 | AC 18 F 15 T 12 | Init +2 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Perception (+7) | Darkvision 60'

nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wow.

Bahram would probably avoid the strange sausage and silkworm.

religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The dream Tender. I know anything about that,?

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah seems a little taken aback by the casualness with which the villagers take this incident.

Now and then...?! How often is "now and then"? Should we be worried about further disturbances tonight?

-----
She isn't overly hungry at the moment but is interested in the repeated references to the "Dreamer", or "Dream Tender."

Tell me more of this "Dream Tender." How do they protect you?

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Shaman 4 | HP 39/31 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 CMD 15/14 | F+2 R+3 W+8 | P+14 | Init +1

Knowledge Nature take 10 is 15

"Brawk. No salad today, for any of us. It's Swiven's Day where we come from and we must abstain from eating anything with a dressing."

Bluff to pass secret message, DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

tiefling paladin 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 20 t11 f19 | F+8 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs death) immune to fear, disease | resist cold, elec, fire 5 | Perc -1 | Init +1 |

"That pig was sure fast! I guess it wins the race after all."

At the feast Nyshka will avoid the salad as Zubb Zubb recommends and stick to the meats. No mushrooms either.

101 to 150 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost VI] Feast of Ravenmoor Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.