Anonymous Acts of Association (Inactive)

Game Master Ashbourne

Maps and Handouts | Sign-in


1 to 50 of 290 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

test

Advocates

820-714 | Female Vlaka Star Shaman Mystic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 18; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Deaf, ---

The young vlakan woman, dressed in purple with the three rings of Triune symbol in a brooch on her chest, peers both ways down the hallway in the Lorespire. She sees no one.

She signs to her dwarven interpreter. Do you hear anyone coming?


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

No, Nandipha signs back, and then her long feathered reptile tail twitches with anxiety. Must you? You keep leaving marks on the walls, we both be getting into trouble.

Advocates

820-714 | Female Vlaka Star Shaman Mystic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 18; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Deaf, ---

Valodet doesn't answer. She just concentrates, leaving the symbol of 3 rings and the words, "Triune, where are you?" etched on the wall with a spell.

Bargai said this group handled themselves well, Valodet signs, and that they were a nice team. I hope she's right.


Message from Nominated First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo

” Starfinders, please report to the lore tower conference room Monday morning for a mission briefing by Starfinder forum representative Chiskisk. Until then, enjoy your weekend.”

Advocates

820-714 | Female Vlaka Star Shaman Mystic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 18; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Deaf, ---

Valodet gazes at Nandipha. You just looked up. Was there some sort of announcement?


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Announcement? No, no. Nandipha signs glibly, feathered tail curling around her feet. I just be staring at a bug on the wall. No, don't look. It be gone now.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

A grey-shelled Ijtikri in a Magical Ribbon t shirt with waterproof datapads hanging from their mantle and a cup of tea in a tentacle wanders down the hallway. They stop for a moment to look at the graffiti before continuing down the hall.

They tap a maintenance alert into their datapad as they scuttle along.

Manifold Host

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 8 | SP 19/48 HP 50/50 | RP 10/10 | EAC 27; KAC 28| Fort +3; Ref +12; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +15, SM: +15 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Click. Whirr.

Trusty Trashbot sees the maintenance alert, rolls down the hallway, and then stairs at the graffiti on the wall. "Everybody thinks they're a street artist now, but do they think about the work they cause me? Sheesh."

He opens a panel inside himself, gets out a bucket and a mop, and starts scrubbing the wall.

Dataphiles

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 3 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +13 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 4/6 | Sparks of Ingenuity 1/1 |

A tall, thin elf who can not be bothered to look up from his datapad makes his way into the conference room. He is furiously typing something and sighs dramatically before throwing his hands up and whispering under his breath. "Under review?? I spent 3 months on that paper about AI sentience WITH first hand accounts of the phenomenon happening. How could Doctor Franzi say it's 'Under Review'?" He continues to mumble to himself, ignoring anyone else in the room.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

Checking his comm, Ikmanji realizes they should probably get over to the Lorespire. They don’t recognize the name of the person giving the briefing so they have their comm read off information about Chiskisk as they are getting ready and changing into their armor.

They have time, so they check over the new Jetpack they had installed in their defrex hide armor.

They pick up some tea at Poshkettle’s on the way and arrive with time to spare. Seems only one person arrived ahead of them, the elf Triage.

Hello Triage, anything new with you?

As they say that, they settle themselves at the conference room table.

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 3 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +13 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 4/6 | Sparks of Ingenuity 1/1 |

He blinks and looks up, welcoming the new distraction. ”Hey! Classes are going to be the death of me, but I guess I should be thankful they let me be flexible with my schedule. I feel like I’m still behind from that month we spent trapped out in the vast on that super mega magic planet! I like the jetpack, is it new?”

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

Nodding, Ikmanji says “Picked it up as part of the pay on our last mission. Just got it installed yesterday.

I’m sure you’ll have no problems catching up on the texts, as long as we don’t get caught in another long mission.


The door to the well-appointed conference room opens, and
Chiskisk, a shirren member of the Starfinder Society’s Forum, enters,
their antennae bobbing rhythmically as they move to take a seat
at the head of the table. picture of Chiskisk on slide 5

“Welcome, colleagues. As you know, the Starfinder Society
has been quite efficacious of late. The acts of brave agents like
yourselves has made the Society once-again respected and
known throughout Near Space and even in some areas of the Vast.
We have been quick to capitalize on these new opportunities.
Recently, the Society has reached out to nearly a dozen new
civilizations with which we have mutual interests. At this
moment, the Lorespire Complex is brimming with ambassadors,
dignitaries, and probably also spies from many worlds.
I had the honor to conclude preliminary negotiations with one such
ambassador. They are about to sign an exclusive exploration and trade treaty
with the Starfinder Society, largely based on our recent exploits. However…”

The shirren pauses awkwardly then moves to an expansive window that overlooks the
Lorespire campus.
“The delegate has requested a recess in negotiations to explore Absalom Station
before signing the agreement. Of course, I granted them freedom of the station, as long as they
accepted an escort of local Starfinder agents to see to their every need.” The shirren turns
back to face the conference table. “That ‘escort,’ of course, would be you!”

Chiskisk slides a data disk across the table. see slide 17

“Here is the dossier on the visiting dignitary you’ll be escorting. Find out what
they’re interested in seeing, and take them there. Be gracious hosts,
entertaining tour guides, bodyguards, or social planners, as the dignitary requires. It should go without saying that
this emissary’s safety and security are paramount, as is their continued goodwill
toward the Society. If you do a good job, we might just secure the opportunity to explore a new world.
Any questions?”

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

Ikmanji takes the data disk and feeds it to their comm unit. They immediately share the data with the other members of the party.

Slide 17

Once they have done that, they briefly look through the data.

This suggests what they are likely getting in the trade, designs for things like Jatembe Park. What are the things we are most hoping to get out of the deal?

Do we expect some of them to join the Starfinder Society given their interest in exploration?

Any idea how well explored the oceans on Neeroon are?

Wayfinders

Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

The door to the conference room opens and you hear some argument from outside. "What dae ye mean Donkey cannae come in? She deserves tae hear the briefin' as much as any other! Reit then... if yer not gonna let 'er in then ahm going tae tether her reit here. If ye need tae pee lassie, ye can use thes guard's leg. Ach what's that? Ye changed yer mind?"

Donkey walks into the room and sits quietly in the corner. Grognard walks into the room and sits loudly in a conference room seat. "Sorry fer bein' a mite late. Not a very Donkey-friendly establishment these days."

He looks at the data disk on the table, then around the room. "...ah missed the briefin' didn't I? Ach... I'll figure it oot on th' way."

He reaches out for a handshake with his compatriots. "Good tae see ye all again! Dinnae ken you though..." He points at Valodet and her associate.

"Ahm Grognard Erraticus, and thes here is mah Donkey."

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

While Grognard is shaking hands with the others, Ikmanji quickly sends the diplomat profile data to his comm unit.

Reaching out a tentacle, they tell Gragnard “Didn’t miss much. We’re to entertain and give a station tour to a diplomat named Ambassador Kokaksa.

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 3 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +13 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 4/6 | Sparks of Ingenuity 1/1 |

Triage looks pleased with the mission. "Finally something easy and not life threatening!"

Advocates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-714 | Female Vlaka Star Shaman Mystic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 18; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Deaf, ---

EARLIER:

Valodet waits until Trusty has done his clean-up and rolls away. Once the robot is gone, she looks both ways down the hall, and then concentrates, replacing her art on the wall.

Triune, where are you?

★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

AT THE BRIEFING:

Valodet watches the greetings of the old friends and then Nandipha's translation of the briefing intently, then responds to Grognard's body language.

She signs, I'm Valodet. This is my interpreter, Nandipha. Bargai from All Hands recommended your team to me. I requested it specifically. Are you Grognard? I'm sorry I can't read your lips at all.

Then she turns to the elf and the ijiktri. And you two must be Triage and Ikmanji. I'm Valodet. She fingerspells her name, and then demonstrates her name sign, a V that points to the sky.


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha translates Valodet's words, and then listens to Grognard, baffled. "I'm not sure I be understanding you myself, and I can hear. Where you be from, man?"

Nandipha's own lilting accent is a bit strange. It surely doesn't sound like anything from the Pact Worlds. Her tail curls around her feet.

Manifold Host

1 person marked this as a favorite.
They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 33/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 4/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

An Urog enters, muttering (telepathically) under their breath. "Late, late, late, always late." They enter, and blink in surprise at everyone there. "Does anyone know what the significance of a white rabbit might be? A human colleague keeps sending me an image of one on my data pad."

I-apvii pauses in their mental meandering as their datapad pings and they pull it out to read the update from Ikmanji, and there is an outraged exclamation from the guard outside the conference room as a moment of inattention results in the magma puppy slipping inside.

Exo-Guardians

Agender CG copaxi xenoarchaeologiest mystic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 10/22 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +12, SM: +3; blindsense (scent) 30 ft | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: scouring aura

Naitier enters the meeting with some frustration as the rotate one of their arms uncomfortably. Some of that carries into their tone as they end their stretch early and enter the meeting. "I'm sorry for my slow arrival. My preparations took longer today, but it will not interfere with my obligations."

Taking some time to catch up with the briefing Naitier ponders, "I understand he is welcoming to those incapable of flight to his planet, but I'm curious the reverse can be said for Absalom Station. I have not thought of the layout from the perspective of a flight capable species."

Seeing Valodet and Nandipha's presence, takes another moment to compose themselves as they introduce themselves, "I'm Naitier of Tabrid Minor. A mystic drawing from the powers of ongoing magical change flowing throughout the universe. As of current there has been more change within myself I've now begun to resolve."


Chiskisk listens to Ikmanji’s question and then answers
” For the Starfinder society, the exploration partnership is top of our list, but the trade rights are a huge part too. The Espraksa are extremely concerned about environmentally friendly building practices and want to import all the building material for their space station from material mined from uninhabited asteroids in the Diaspora”

Chiskisk pauses to listen to Ikmanji’s following questions.
” Our mutual interest in exploration has been key to our negotiations. It does seem likely they will join, assuming your mission goes well. The Espraksa being an avian race and most of Neeroon’s oceans are covered in ice, exploration of the oceans under the ice has only begun recently, so it’s an excellent opportunity to join in on the exploration.”

Chiskisk turns to Naitier.
” Jatembe park is the best place on the station for our avian friends to stretch their wings. ”

Chiskisk looks around the room to see if there are any other questions.
” Are there any other questions about your mission, if not Ambassador Kokaksa is waiting alone, but you might want to first quickly search for info on Espraksan customs “

Culture check to recall knowledge or a Diplomacy check to gather information

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

Grognard tries to enunciate clearly as he responds to Nandipha. "Ahm from the north."

At Urog's mention of a white rabbit he lights up. "There's good eating on one of those."

Cognates

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

Ikmanji sends a quick text message out. Seeking information on Espraksan culture. Got anything, Gus?

Officially declaring Gus, a half-Orc actor from Eox, as my Diplomat Hireling

Gus, professional diplomat hireling, Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 That could have been better…

Ikmanji gets a quick reply about a recommended barista. This causes Ikmanji to explain that they had not misspelled espresso.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 3 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +13 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 4/6 | Sparks of Ingenuity 1/1 |

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

“Oh! I think one of my professors mentioned them in my ‘Current and New Cultures of the Vast and Beyond’ class.”

Advocates

820-714 | Female Vlaka Star Shaman Mystic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 18; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Deaf, ---

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Valodet looks at the ambassador's datasheet, but has nothing else to offer.

She greets Naitier and I-apvii in sign. I'm also a mystic, and my connection is to the stars themselves. Since Triune has gone missing. I joined the Starfinders in part for the travel. If anyone will go in search of Triune, surely they will.


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

After Nandipha translated for Valodet, she asks Grognard, "You from the north of where? Which planet?"


Culture or Diplomacy check

DC 10+:
The Espraksa adore exploration, self-discovery, and experiencing other cultures. The Espraksa home world of Neeroon is a rugged world with a variety of biomes, from taigas to rocky badlands and sky-scraping mountains to ice-filled canyons.

DC 15+:
Espraksa settlements emphasize harmony with nature. They avoid razing the environment to make way for their settlements, instead incorporating their towns and homes high up in the surrounding trees and terrain.

DC 20+:
Male Espraksa have crests of feathers that extend from the crowns of their heads and are expressive enough to communicate emotion.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

Gus finds and forwards some information. Ikmanji thanks him and then asks if he is available for some work. Gus indicates he can be there soon.

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 33/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 4/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii having looked at the briefing materials.

"I am not from Absalom Station myself. I did not realize it was so dangerous that one needs bodyguards. Are there specific areas we should keep the ambassador away from? Or specific threats we are worried about?"


Chiskisk starts to speak, then pauses for a moment before answering I-apvii.

“Yes... and no! This visitor is coming from a place that hasn’t had a lot of contact with the Pact Worlds. A single misunderstanding out in the wider station could result in animosity toward us, resulting in the end of these negotiations. Consider yourselves both ambassadors and chaperones for someone who isn’t accustomed to the station.”

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 3 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +13 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 4/6 | Sparks of Ingenuity 1/1 |

Triage will share the above information about Espraksa, then adds, "Does the ambassador have any dietary restrictions we should be aware of?"


Chiskisk checks their datapad notes.

“Not that I'm aware of says here Espraksa are omnivores."

Wayfinders

Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

Grognard shrugs. "Lots 'o planets have a north."

He pulls out a notepad and scratches his beard.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

"Ach! Yes... Espraksas... I do recall havin a wee chat with one. Nature lovers. Kindred spirits tae mahself in many ways."

Finally returning to Valodet and Nandipha he gets back to the original question. "Golarian if ye must know. Bandu Hills. Long story."


"Starfinders, it's time to end this meeting. You'll find Ambassador Kokaksa waiting for you at the location I just sent to your com units. We're counting on you to make a good impression, good luck on your mission."
Chiskisk exits the room leaving you on your own to start the mission.

You make your way to Ambassador Kokaksa's room in the next building. The door opens, and the seven-foot-tall feathered Ambassador Kokaksa greets you. His head plumage perks up at the sight of you. Behind him, you can see into an opulent-looking sitting room furnished in the latest style of furniture with glowing accents. The walls are decorated with elegantly framed slide shows, each with art and pictures from one of the pact world's planets.

” I’m Ambassador Kokaksa. You must be the Starfinders Chiskisk told me about. Please come in, come in. As nice as it is, you have no idea how dreary it's been waiting alone in this room. ”

Ambassador Kokaksa gestures to a group of chairs.

"Have a seat and introduce yourselves. I'd love to hear why you chose to become Starfinders or about one of your exciting missions, and of course, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the station, although I can't decide where to start, there's so much to see."

This is your chance to make a good first impression on the Ambassador with your introduction and initial conversation. To do so, each of you will need to roll a DC 16 Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check. Also, During this initial conversation, each of you can attempt a DC 17 Culture or Sense Motive check to determine the dignitary's personality.


Gus, male half-orc actor | Diplomat professional hireling | +8 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate

As the group is making their way to the ambassador’s room, a male half-orc joins you. He introduces himself as Gus and mentions you may have seen him on some action vids. He introduces himself around and seems a very sociable fellow.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

Hello Ambassador Kokaksa, I’m Ikmanji.

He then starts to recount the events where the group got stranded on the hostile planet.


Gus, male half-orc actor | Diplomat professional hireling | +8 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate

Pardoin me, I’m Gus. Although I’m not a Starfinder, my friend here is much too humble.

He then takes off giving a much more animated account of the mission. Although it follows the general outline of what happened, Gus takes quite a bit of license playing up parts of it. You are fairly sure that the crabs at the ending battle did not sprout buzz-blade claws, although it is quite entertaining hearing Gus describe it.

Unfortunately Gus may have gone a bit too far with his artistic license.

Bluff to exaggerate the telling: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: Minor electrical burns

Ikmanji allows Gus to take over the telling of his story. They keep a watch on the ambassador during this time, trying to get some insight into his personality.

Untrained Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Ambassador Kokaksa's head feathers perk up as Ikmanji starts telling his story. Shortly after Gus takes over telling the story, Ambassador Kokaksa's head feathers begin to fall flat. Ikmanji observing the change in Ambassador Kokaksa's head feathers thinks the Ambassador might need to drink more liquids. At the end of the story, Ambassador Kokaksa politely nods to Gus and Ikmanji.

"I think we all have had missions like that. Who else has a story?"

Dataphiles

NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 3 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +13 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 4/6 | Sparks of Ingenuity 1/1 |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
"Please please Ambassador, let me tell you what really happened on that planet! It was truly incredible. It was beautiful, dangerous, and almost completely untouched by industry! Although the magics there were incredibly potent, and the wildlife was dangerous but fascinating." He will then go on to describe the ruins we found and animal's quick adaptations to the changing world around them.

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


"Quick adaptations, you say that is very fascinating. It sounds like a place I'd like to explore and study more, just not on my own sounds very dangerous as well. As the saying goes, safety in numbers. You never know what is lurking around the corner.

Triage, you get the feeling Ambassador Kokaksa is more than just a little bit afraid of being alone, even for a little while. You notice his head feather flatten out just talking about being alone.

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 33/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 4/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

I-apvii will tell their own story, of having joined a medical technology mission to a planet in the vast in the Weydana System, and having been pulled out prematurely at the first hint of danger, abandoning all the progress they had made, and desiring to join an organization more willing to follow through on it's commitments and more prepared for risk.

I-apvii will tell the story in a way that plays up the danger and the degree to which the society is willing to stand by it's people. (Intimidation)

intimidation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

EARLIER

Grognard Erraticus wrote:

Grognard shrugs. "Lots 'o planets have a north."

[snip]

Finally returning to Valodet and Nandipha he gets back to the original question. "Golarian if ye must know. Bandu Hills. Long story."

At the mention of Golarian, Nandipha's eyes widen. "Me too. Were you trapped on Akiton, as I was? One minute, I be walking through the Maze of the Open Road, and the next I be here! Well, Akiton. I be an Mbe'ke from the Terwa Uplands."

Advocates

820-714 | Female Vlaka Star Shaman Mystic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 18; Cold Resist 5 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +12, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Deaf, ---

NOW

Valodet starts to laugh. My first mission was a little... hellish. I'm not sure you'll believe my story. I'm not sure I believe it myself. Valodet pauses, and then decides to act out the story fully, Deaf-style, changing her expressions and body language to act out different characters.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

I'm a pilot, and a good one. This did not prepare me for what happened when the Drift Crashed. Our ship, the Primorata landed in one of the outer layers of Hell, and we had to fight off an army of minor devils that looked like, um, fiendish maraquoi in fezzes. But out ship's engine got morphed in the crash, so we were able to escape, crashing through the planes once more.

Valodet acts out the hapless spaceship and crew crashing through an alternate universe, the plane of Nirvana, and other strange locations, her face flitting through dozens of different reactions to each new crash. But then we got a signal... A digital butterfly that led us to a ship that was falling into a black hole.

Valodet mimes the perils of gravity, the difficulty of flying, the calculations done by the engineers, and finally the heroic pulling out of the imperiled ship.

And then we met Desna. She told us that my god, Triune, was now missing. And she asked us to keep helping the lost travelers, her people scattered across the galaxy. She sent me back here, to the Starfinders, to do this. Being a Starfinder... that means helping people and finding the lost.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Exo-Guardians

Agender CG copaxi xenoarchaeologiest mystic 3 | SP 21/21 HP 10/22 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +12, SM: +3; blindsense (scent) 30 ft | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: scouring aura

"I joined the Society following them visiting my world a few years ago.
It was only a short time ago where my people were disconnected from the rest of the rest of the universe."

After a moment Naitier presses forward as they contemplate their past a bit as they clarify, "while there is always opporunity and change in any copaxi, I have always felt a connection to the flow of magic that connects me to the rest of the powers that reside in the stars and the space between them. My people have been long wary though of magic and I have felt judgement and distrust as I explored these thoughts."

"The one that originally shared with me the base studies of magical theory had a far more difficult life that myself. I was glad to be able to give them some amount of comradeship before they past on, but I do feel frustrated and wish they survived to be able to join with cultures and studies beyond our world."

Naitier doesn't reminisce for long, as they let the task for memories to fall to the core of themselves as the othermost speak of the present. "Even from when I was young, I have seen recent change and I can say many of my world are more open, but still nothing in comparison to the Pact Worlds."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Naitier takes the moment to relax as they declare

"That is the reason I have come to the Pact Worlds, to both expand upon my talents and nature without among those who have walked the same path as me. I have found my time welcoming and I would want to share those feelings with others."

Sense Motive (Untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Wayfinders

Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16
Nandipha wrote:

EARLIER

Grognard Erraticus wrote:

Grognard shrugs. "Lots 'o planets have a north."

[snip]

Finally returning to Valodet and Nandipha he gets back to the original question. "Golarian if ye must know. Bandu Hills. Long story."

At the mention of Golarian, Nandipha's eyes widen. "Me too. Were you trapped on Akiton, as I was? One minute, I be walking through the Maze of the Open Road, and the next I be here! Well, Akiton. I be an Mbe'ke from the Terwa Uplands."

Grognard sighs. "As ah said... long story... maybe when there's time later."

~Later~

As the diplomat asks for introductions Grognard looks back over at Nandipha and mutters, "Guess later is now..."

Turning to face Kokaska, Grognard gives a gruff nod. "Grognard Erraticus... from the Bandu Hills, Golarion, Salvation's End. Spent mah younger years followin the Quest for Sky... Got tae the top and found a hard metal ceilin and a group o these Starfinders. Turned oot ah was stuck in a... simulation they said... of auld Golarian. But when ah was there it was real tae me, so far as I ken, ahm from the tunnels under the Bandu Hills. Was nae a simulation tae me 'till I was dug out ya ken? Weel now ah figure the Quest for Sky never had a stop, so now ah keep exploring. I try tae keep the auld ways alive, and I travel with the Starfinders who took the time tae help me make sense o' it all after pullin me oot of Salvation's End."

He gives Donkey a pat on the side and adds, "Ann I do th' same for any beastie stuck oot o' their place that could use a friend for as long as they're willin to travel with me. Then ah help em settle back where they choose."

Diplomacy Paradox: 17 - 1 = 16
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


I-apvii's story falls flat on the Ambassador. At one point during the story, Ambassador Kokaksa excuses himself to get a drink.

Valodet's story causes the Ambassador's head feathers to stand almost straight up. As Valodet mimes parts of the story, the Ambassador is at the edge of his seat, looking as if holding himself back from joining in on the action.

"To hell and back and met Desna, what an exciting adventure. I love when things are unplanned. Having to rush headlong into a course of action is one of life's great thrills."

spoiler Naitier and Valodet:
Ambassador Kokaksa appreciates rushing headlong into a course of action without planning or strategy.

Ambassador Kokaksa listens intently to Naitier's story.

" I have always been fascinated by magic, but I must admit I don't have an ounce of magic talent in me. Meeting people of many paths is one of the great joys of being an Ambassador. If I wasn't already an Ambassador, I too might join the Srarfinder Society"

Ambassador Kokaksa listens to Grognard's carefully. Perhaps it's all the experience the Ambassador has listening to people of different cultures. Somehow it appears as if the Ambassador can understand Grognard.

"A simulation, you say that's most interesting. Perhaps someday your quest for the sky will take you to the skies of Neeroon"

Ambassador Kokaksa looks over at donkey.

"Grognard, I appreciate your willingness to take care of the beastie, as you call them. ".


“thank you for your stories. The Starfinder society sounds like quite the organization. Shell, we get started with the tour. Where to start? I haven’t given it much thought.

Ambassador Kokaksa’s head quickly turns from side to side a few times as if scanning the room for an answer. His head crest feathers flare out a bit, then come back to rest normally as his head stops turning.

I know. Let’s start on the outside. I only got a brief look at the outside of the station on my way here. It’s one of the most impressive space stations I have ever seen, which is why I wanted to get a tour before building our own station for Neeroon

The Ambassador looks at his com unit and hits enter.

I just booked an auto tour ship from Periphery Stars. Have you heard of them?

Culture check to find info on Periphery Stars

DC 5:
The charter starship belongs to Periphery Stars, a small stellar freight
service that’s endured numerous hardships over the past several years.

DC 14:
Periphery Stars has converted several freight
vessels into automated charters in order to earn additional credits
using older starships.

DC 20+:
there have been numerous complaints
about strange malfunctions aboard these starships.

1 to 50 of 290 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Anonymous Acts of Association All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.