(PaizoCon 2022) Pathfinder Bounty 17 - Sodden Stories (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

PF2 PbP - Sodden Stories (Level 1)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice
[dice=Player]1d20 + 0[/dice

PaizoCon Sodden Stories Scenery & Maps

Sodden Stories Macros


1 to 50 of 80 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

This is the gameplay thread for PaizoCon 2022 PF2 Bounty #17 - Sodden Stories (author table)! If you're part of this game's signups on Warhorn, feel free to "dot and delete" as we gear up to get underway!

Soundtrack #1: Pre-Game - Chamber of the Kings

* One note about the in-game soundtrack: an apparently recent change in Dropbox has them setting the volume to max when you hit play. I recommend keeping an eye on that so you don't blast your eardrums off! Some of the tracks for this are custom edits or else I'd just use -tube links and the like.

Note that my Google Slides aren't 100% done yet, but will be soon!

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Sodden Stories Scenery & Maps are posted!

Sodden Stories Macros are posted!

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

And here we go!

Soundtrack #2: Dockside & Inland - The Western Ghats

You are drenched the second you emerge from your ship, the Tide's Prelude. The journey to Hyrnatam was pleasant enough below the ship’s decks, though emerging into the gray skies and torrential downpour is far less enjoyable. This close to the Eye of Abendego, the infamous and eternal hurricane, sunny weather would be too much to expect. The mission is simple: at the behest of the beleaguered Karil Swiftstout - find her son Ecmund and take him on a brief trek into the nearby swamplands so he has a tale to tell when he returns to the metropolises of the Inner Sea.

It doesn’t take long to find him, wandering around the city's Market Tower. The young dwarf with galvanized iron jewelry in his beard wears leather explorer’s clothing topped by a cavalier hat whose red-and-orange plume is more than a bit waterlogged. He just purchased a guidebook that he carries under one arm, titled Justinian’s Jungle Jaunts in gilded letters. Upon noticing new arrivals, he flashes a welcoming smile and beckons for his new companions to join him at the table and take a seat.

“Hello there—you must be my companions! Ecmund Swiftstout, pleased to meet you! I’m impressed that the mere mention of my name and promise of adventure was enough for you all to sail here, but that just means you lot have great instincts! By this time next month, they’ll be sharing our names and glories at taverns all across the Inner Sea, hah!”

You can now make your introductions to Ecmund and each other!

Maps and Scenery have been updated!

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Wearing a hide armor and having a shield behind his back, the dwarf eyes the guy, this Ecmund. A bit to judge him. He wants to go into the jungle. That's fine. But that's not exactly the same as to drink a cup of tea with cookies. So is he prepared?

My name's Cromrock Crushmaster. Coming from Alkenstar. Do you have all the necessary material for the trek?

At this point a spectator can notice a clan pistol hanging at his belt.

Well at least he asked for hiring a druid for this expedition. He's perhaps clever in the end.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

The gray day seems to match the demeanor of the frowning, pale cheliaxian man that emerges from below decks. He is dressed in well-maintained studded leather armor and boasts a rapier at his side. He looks up at the sky with a heavy sigh he pulls his cloak tightly around himself in a futile attempt to avoid the remorseless rain.

He smiles grimly at the enthusiastic dwarf and chuckles ruefully to himself.

Indeed. Our horrific deaths will certainly be a source of endless discourse. "We'll be a topic of discussion, I'm sure."

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

A white-furred Ysoki strolls down the gangplank, her red-tipped cane carefully tapping out the edges as a rat cuddles on her shoulder, taking cover against the rain. Her nose twitches, picking up the scent of an unrecognized Dwarf tinged with the sharp sting of nickel and iron and the low hum of smouldering tobacco.

I'm pleased to meet you, Ecmund. Your reputation described you well! I'm Snicker, and this is Snack, she indicates the rat, who seems to raise a paw in greeting as well. We travel light, so we can leave whenever you're ready.

The Ysoki shifts her cane to her left hand and holds the right one out in greeting, her eyes undirected, but blinking occasionally against the rain. So many new smells here! And the journey is certain to lead to even more... And who are these others? Another Dwarf, but mixed with humus and wet stone, and a Human who smells faintly of ash and formaldehyde... Wasn't there another on board?

Vigilant Seal

M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

"Milo Moritori here." Milo looks uncomfortably at the Ysoki. He almost waves his hand in front of Snicker+Snack's face but stops himself just in time. No need to be rude. It's pretty clear that she's blind. No confirmation needed.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Soundtrack #2: Dockside & Inland - The Western Ghats

Ecmund happily shakes each of your hands, grinning broadly. "Fantastic! Well, as for materials...not sure we need much other than basic camping gear, according to this!" He thumps the book he's been carrying before tucking it away in his satchel. "I'm after good stories and all, so I still need to do some chatting before we leave town. Say we meet back here in an hour or so?"

As the young dwarf excitedly heads off to talk to the locals, you have a chance to see if you can learn (or know) anything about this part of the world!
(These are normally secret checks, but I trust ya!)

Diplomacy (Gather Information) or
Jungle/Swamp Lore or Nature (Recall Knowledge)

5 or Under:
You're positive you know how to arrange your gear jungle-fashion to be ready for anything! (whomp whomp)

6 to 14:
You don't hear or recall much, other than how rainy it always is here.

15 to 24:
You know some common types of environmental dangers that can be encountered, such as poisonous castor beans, deadly freshwater stingrays, and swarming fire‑hornets.

You (not your whole party) gain a +1 circumstance bonus on all Nature and Survival checks during the upcoming "Jungle Journey" (You'll know it when you see it)

25 and Above:
You know some common types of environmental dangers that can be encountered, such as poisonous castor beans, deadly freshwater stingrays, and swarming fire‑hornets.

You also know some unique tricks that can be used to mitigate hazards, such as knowing to score trees on two sides when trailblazing or using the smoke from burning termite nests to cure fungal infections and dry clothing.

You (not your whole party) gain a +1 circumstance bonus on all skill checks during the upcoming "Jungle Journey" (You'll know it when you see it)

Following this, you all gain 1 Hero Point and can make any last-second purchases you'd like! If you have any GM Glyphs, please mention who you'd like to give your bonus Hero Points to at this time!

For note, your GM has a boon that gives him one Hero Point as well, but he can only use it to benefit one of you!

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

1bglyph. So 1 hero point to Sneaker.

Nature: [dice]1d20+7[ /dice]

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

I've got two glyphs, so I'll share those to Kromrock and Milo. Hopefully there's at least one more available!

Snicker spends a bit of time chatting with some locals, shamelessly playing up her blindness to open conversations, in the hopes of learning a few things about the nearby wilderness before heading into it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Ah, well, looks like they were pretty superficial conversations!

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Does the dwarf remember something useful for this trek?

Well at least I'm knowing something about the dangers that can be encountered, such as poisonous castor beans, deadly freshwater stingrays, and swarming fire‑hornets. And sometimes we can use some tricks to mitigate any hazards we might encounter.

Vigilant Seal

M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

I have one glyph so it looks like everyone starts with 2 hero points

Milo is unfamiliar with this particular slice of golarion so he ask a few of the locals what to expect on this expedition.

diplomacy- gather information: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Map and handout aid Token.

.

Vigilant Seal

AC 18 (+20 with shield raised), Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +5 |HP 18|Perception +3;

"As a Taldan noble, my name is already et everywhere. Still, Noblesse Oblige."

A still young Taldan man nods at the group.

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

Snicker nods politely at the newcomer, possibly with a glint of mischief in her eye. "It's a delight to meet you, Already. Do you have experience travelling in the jungle?"

Vigilant Seal

M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

"I certainly hope that someone knows a bit about this jungle. None of the locals seem to have any clue. At least none that they were willing to share. Fortunately I've read extensively on jungles and rain forest survival on the trip over so I won't be completely ignorant."

Vigilant Seal

AC 18 (+20 with shield raised), Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +5 |HP 18|Perception +3;
Snicker+Snack wrote:
Snicker nods politely at the newcomer, possibly with a glint of mischief in her eye. "It's a delight to meet you, Already. Do you have experience travelling in the jungle?"

"I would lie to you if i say yes. But i am a noble. I am beyond the common mortal. I will survive...like always."

nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf doesn’t say anything as he already informed the others about that.

Radiant Oath

LG Female Human | Field Medic | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆ | ◇ | ↺ | HP 19/19 | AC 18 | F +6, R/W +8 | Perc(E) +8 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Stealth/Medicine/Nature/Religion: +6, Athletics/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +4, Survival(U)/Thievery(U): +3, Arcana(U)/Crafting(U)/Society(U)/Occultism(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Retcon
A tall olive-skin woman rushes into the tavern, dripping wet from her run from the docks. "I apologize for my tardiness, I got lost on the way here. This rain is simply unbelievable. You must be Ecmund. I have heard about you, somewhat. I am Maneki, a field medic by trade. Our trip should be interesting, seeing that there are environmental dangers that can be encountered, such as poisonous castor beans, deadly freshwater stingrays, and swarming fire‑hornets."

I have 2 glyphs to give out. Are we all starting with 2? Sorry for the delay. Crazy week last week so I stepped away for the weekend to recharge

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf murmured: I had already said this.

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

Snicker supresses a smile, enjoying the newcomers' reiteration of Kromrock's earlier exposition. "I believe we're all here now. Are we ready to leave, or is there anything else we should take care of before departing?" Snicker crosses her arms as they rest on top of her red-tipped cane and inclines her head towards Ecmund. Snack looks at the self-described noble, head cocked and whiskers twitching. Hush, he's just Taldan.

I think we've got six glyphs to share out, more than enough for everyone to start with two.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf looks around. Well shall we go?

Vigilant Seal

AC 18 (+20 with shield raised), Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +5 |HP 18|Perception +3;

Marcius is ready. He has a bastard sword with an amovible head.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

It takes Ecmund several hours longer than expected to chat with the locals in Hyrantam, despite all efforts to pull him away - he is one chatty dwarf! As a result, you are only able to hike inland for a few hours before dark.

Soundtrack #2: Dockside & Inland - The Western Ghats

While you set up camp for the night, Ecmund walks around between each of you, repeating his claim to be an experienced survivalist, although he doesn’t have many suggestions for starting a campfire in the pouring rain. In fact, it becomes apparent that Ecmund isn’t as skilled as he may be letting on.

After "coordinating" (watching) your efforts to set up camp, he takes out a waterproof journal (an item only available to PCs of a single PFS faction that I wanted to be on the chronicle sheet...ah well) and shares that he wants to head southeast from here, to explore “jungle farms” that supposedly still thrive in the lands that were once the nation of Yamasa, claiming these are home to rare fruits and even rarer stories.

He then invites each of you to share your own tales so he might write down and spread your stories as well. If you do, and look over his notes, you'll see that everything you say is getting embellished to an almost unbelievable degree - it's clear this dwarf is prone to exaggeration!

Once the evening's stories conclude, Ecmund yawns and starts to bed down, but not before marveling at the fortitude of you adventuring types, able to travel and trek all day and then stay up late to keep watch, too!

Are you headed to bed as well, or would you like to set up anything before resting your tired heads in the muggy rain forest?

Scenery is updated!

Vigilant Seal

AC 18 (+20 with shield raised), Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +5 |HP 18|Perception +3;

"This gnome is less experience as I was when i was in crown of the world. Isn't this natural to make rounds if danger arrives? I will take the first" says Marcius.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

To make up for my delays, feel free to just pick a watch (if you wish) and I'll take it from there!

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

As she feeds torn up bits of bread to Snack, Snicker recounts her childhood on the streets of Riddleport, losing her eyesight to disease and resolving never to be taken advantage of. She spent difficult years learning to defend herself, fine-tuning her hearing and scent to detect and even anticipate her opponents' moves and perhaps most importantly, to hide her abilities from her enemies.

She nestles down into a blanket to listen to the other recount their own tales and even offers a few quiet suggestions to Ecmund of entertaining 'slants' for some of their anecdotes.

When the group prepares for bed, Snicker ponders for a moment before piping up, "I don't know if you could call it a watch, but I don't mind taking the last shift awake. I'll do better detecting foes upwind, mind you, but with all this rain, the smells here are glorious. I wish you all could share it!"

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The druid takes the lead in setting the campfire and such things.

So we have to organize a watch without counting on our employer.

Vigilant Seal

M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

"I suppose second watch is fine with me. Sadly, I'm rather used to sitting in the dark."

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

Euh, not a problem for me. It will be the night after all.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

GM Screen:
Hey! You shouldn't be looking here! Shame on you! :P

Nah, it's okay this time, since you have no idea what I'm rolling 5d20 ⇒ (3, 9, 14, 5, 4) = 35 for!

If you want to admit that you peeked here in a fun way (I promise I'm not mad), go ahead and add the word "strawberry" to your next post! :P

Night in the jungle is pitch-dark and so obfuscated with foliage and driving rain that even darkvision does little to help.

Soundtrack #3: Sounds - Gatekeeper

During the night, Marcius notices rustling in the underbrush, slowly circling the camp. However, any movement he takes to wake the rest of you or investigate on his own causes the sound to withdraw rapidly away into the jungle. The rest of the night goes uneventfully beyond the ever-present rain.

The next morning, you find two types of footprints near your campsite: one from a biped with triangular, webbed footpads and one from a quadruped with paws.

DC 14 Society (Recall Knowledge):
The webbed footprints are the tracks of a grippli. The rain has washed most of them away, preventing you from following them.

DC 10 Nature (Recall Knowledge):
The pawprints are those of a large predatory feline. The rain has washed most of them away, preventing you from following them.

Look for another post coming a bit later with more, but feel free to do anything you'd like around camp with these revelations and discoveries!

Marcius:
Heya - would you be willing to put some of your basic info into your Paizo sheet (perception, saves, AC)? I was able to pull your sheet up in Pathbuilder but I had to disable several of my script-blockers to do so and would love to not have to do that every time I roll a secret perception check ;) Thanks very much in advance!

Vigilant Seal

M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

Milo examines the footprints with intrest.

recall knowledge-society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

recall knowledge-Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"Hmm...The footprints seem to belong to a grippli and some sort of large cat. A leopard, perhaps?"

Milo will Pursue a Lead on the tracks. If necessary he will treat them both as separate clues and perform this action twice.

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

Snicker carefully sniffs the prints and, for just a moment, peers through Snack's eyes to get the full view of the tracks...

Society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Nature: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"Yes, those do look like Grippli prints. If it weren't for the rain, I think could follow, but well... No idea on the other ones. If you say cat, I'm sure you're right," she smiles and shrugs.

Radiant Oath

LG Female Human | Field Medic | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆ | ◇ | ↺ | HP 19/19 | AC 18 | F +6, R/W +8 | Perc(E) +8 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Stealth/Medicine/Nature/Religion: +6, Athletics/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +4, Survival(U)/Thievery(U): +3, Arcana(U)/Crafting(U)/Society(U)/Occultism(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Maneki is mostly indifferent regarding which watch, since she can't really see in the dark.

Maneki examines the tracks, focusing on the paw prints.

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Looks like we had a feline visitor last night. The tracks are gone."

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

No need to be shocked. There are a lot of creatures around. These don’t seem dangerous and we have a watch.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

Snicker straightens up and lifts her snout, sniffing the air. "I don't smell anyone too nearby, except us. Does anyone need to do any morning preparations, or should we just have breakfast and get moving?"

Not really waiting for an answer, Snicker digs some sweetbuns out of her pack and starts munching as she does her morning stretches.

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

As nobody seems to want to move the dwarf goes back to sleep.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Again, sorry for the delay

After breaking camp the following morning, Ecmund confidently leads the party southeast, following advice from his guidebook. This journey provides you the opportunity to bask in the raw beauty of the equatorial jungle, but also exposes you to several potential dangers.

Soundtrack #4: Jungle Journey - At Sea

Reminder that some of you have bonuses during this Jungle Journey! You can use Nature or any variety of Jungle/Swamp Lore for any of the challenges in this section in addition to the listed checks.

Bullet ants and other insects climb legs and drop onto the unwary from tree limbs. These can be avoided or flicked away with a successful Reflex save; or with an Acrobatics or Perception check.

After dealing with the insects, you find yourselves soaked even moreso than the night before. Waterlogged gear can quickly cause fatigue. You can build a shelter or dry your gear with a successful Athletics, Crafting, or Survival check.

Scenery Updated!

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

As the group travels through the thick foliage, Snicker adopts a peculiar jumping gait in an effort to keep the biting insects from gaining purchase on her skin. Snack chirps in alarm and burrows deeper into her carrier.

Reflex!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

With her equipment thoroughly soaked, Snicker tries to assemble a shelter to allow a small fire to dry some of the worst of it.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The druid opens the eye and the good one wandering through the jungle.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Further he begins to build a shelter not to be very wet.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Radiant Oath

LG Female Human | Field Medic | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆ | ◇ | ↺ | HP 19/19 | AC 18 | F +6, R/W +8 | Perc(E) +8 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Stealth/Medicine/Nature/Religion: +6, Athletics/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +4, Survival(U)/Thievery(U): +3, Arcana(U)/Crafting(U)/Society(U)/Occultism(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Maneki yelps as biting insects drop on her. "Yowch! Ecmund! I thought you said this trail was safe!"

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Maneki tries to power through the fatigue that comes with carrying waterlogged equipment through a blinding downpour.

Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Vigilant Seal

M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Milo sighs resignedly. "Insects. Of course. I'm probably allergic."

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Milo cobbles together a temporary shelter. "I'm not sure why I bother. I'm sure that between the insects and the wet I'll perish of some exotic disease."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Snicker, Maneki, and Milo succeed in overcoming all the obstacles in their path easily! Kromrock is able to avoid the insects, but fails (barring hero point usage) at staving off fatigue from trekking while being soaking wet.

Ecmund just grunts and huffs and puffs as he follows along with you through these hazards, also waiting to see how Marcius fares!

Vigilant Seal

AC 18 (+20 with shield raised), Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +5 |HP 18|Perception +3;

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Marcius tries to evade the ant and build a shelter.

He plunges directly into a ant nest but is able to construct easily a shelter.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout

Marcius is surprised by aggressive insects, suffering 1d6 ⇒ 5 piercing damage, but overall your group weathers the jungle's hazards rather well. Ecmund's spirits are high, and even though he can't do anything for Kromrock, he offers to cast a Soothe spell on Marcius's wounds:

Soothe: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
(Well that's convenient)

Approximately 10 minutes after encountering the last jungle obstacle, you hear a cry of alarm from the other side of a hill followed by a loud feline growl. Rushing forward, you see a blue grippli on the ground and at the mercy of a large panther!

Soundtrack #5: Frog's Fall - Partners

To drive the panther away, you can attempt a Wild Empathy check (if you have that class feature), or else your choice of an Intimidation check or any type of Strike!

Scenery Updated!

Envoy's Alliance

Druid 1 (Stone Druid) / HP 20/20, Perc +7, AC 17 (+2 shield), Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Steadying stone

The dwarf takes the time to recover. They are not in a hurry, are they?

Radiant Oath

LG Female Human | Field Medic | Monk Lvl 1 | ◆ | ◇ | ↺ | HP 19/19 | AC 18 | F +6, R/W +8 | Perc(E) +8 | 25 feet | Class DC 16 | Acrobatics/Stealth/Medicine/Nature/Religion: +6, Athletics/Lore (PFS, Warfare): +4, Survival(U)/Thievery(U): +3, Arcana(U)/Crafting(U)/Society(U)/Occultism(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Maneki rushes forward and attacks the panther with a pair of quick strikes.

Flurry, Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Flurry, Fist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"Leave him alone, you beast!" she yells.

Wayfinders

| Dustbound Scenery & Maps D19 | Table 2 Scenery & Maps | | Table 3 Maps & Handouts | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Lucid Dreaming Handout
Kromrock Crushmaster wrote:
The dwarf takes the time to recover. They are not in a hurry, are they?

You doubt the tiger will wait a full night before consuming its meal.

Horizon Hunters

Female Longsnout Ysoki + Rat Swashbuckler (Fencer) 1 (HP: 16/16 | 5/5) AC 18 F3 R9 W5 P+5E* Spd: 25/30 (Blind, Scent 30') Panache: ○

Snicker quickly moves toward the cat as Snack clings to her shoulder. "Aha, scat, scat! Get outta here!" she cries, waving her cane threateningly towards the apparent predator...

Probing Cane: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Vigilant Seal

M Human | Investigator 1 | ◆◇↺ | HP 16/16| AC 16 | F +3 R +6 W +7 | Perception +7 | Hero 1/3

intimidation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Milo raises his arms over his head and shouts at the cat. "Yah, yah! Get out of here."

1 to 50 of 80 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (PaizoCon 2022) Pathfinder Bounty 17 - Sodden Stories All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.