GM Thunderspirit's Gameday IX — PFS2 1-23: The Star-Crossed Court (Inactive)

Game Master thunderspirit

Slides

Tracking Sheet


1 to 50 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–6 (subtiers 3–4 and 5–6).

On an idyllic island of the western coast of Garund, the PCs arrive at the iruxi city of Ekkeshikaar. Seeking to establish new trade relations between the lizardfolk of Ekkeshikaar and the people of Vidrian, the Pathfinder Society must navigate a delicate political landscape while thwarting the efforts of nefarious forces who seek to stop the proposed alliance by any means necessary.

Written by: Alex Riggs

Scenario tags: Repeatable

Grand Archive

LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

"Thulgrun Ironfist, reporting for duty!"

Horizon Hunters

HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

Tybekk pulls out a pocketwatch and checks the time.

Verdant Wheel

HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

Brynn crouches down to be level with Sprig. The leshy familiar turns around, allowing the half-elf druid to pick berries from its back.

Horizon Hunters

Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Theragond stands an unremarkable 17 hands and clocks in at 11 stones. His Yurktiri skin is leathery despite his young age. His eyes are dark enough to act as mirrors were it not for their constantly gimlet gaze. His gear looks homemade and well loved. The extra layer of leather on his right pauldron is scratched and scarred from razor-sharp talons.
    While his hair and beard are unkempt, constant exposure to the wind has left them swept back.

    Theragond approaches Brynn with a light step. "What is your friend's name?" he nods at Sprig.


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Aboard the Grinning Pixie, your party has made its way down the western coast of Garund with Horizon Hunters faction leader Calisro Benarry and Venture-Captain Eras the Needle, who has taken over the sailing vessel lodge from the former captain. Your destination: the iruxi island-city of Ekkeshikaar, as part of an expedition put together by Mirian Raas to re-establish ancient trade routes between the nation of Vidrian (formerly Sargava) and the iruxi city-states to the south. Rass has left Calisro and Eras to lead the diplomatic efforts.

    Now ashore in the strange and wonderful island city of Ekkishekar, the pair have summoned you to a small conference room located in the embassy suite that their iruxi hosts have graciously granted to the expedition during their stay.

    We can presume you've gotten to know one another during the trip, but feel free to take a moment to introduce your character and let everyone know what you can contribute to the mission.

    As you know, Venture-Captain Eras begins, idly fidgeting with some paperwork in front of him as he talks, our audience with the city's ruling council to discuss the possibility of reopening trade is tomorrow, and it's important that we make a good impression. It seems that there are some here who feel that Ekkeshikaar has nothing to gain by trading with us –

    Backwards isolationists! Everywhere has at least a few, interjects Calisro with a snort, taking a swig of a colorful drink that nonetheless smells strongly of liquor.

    Yes. Well. Eras clears his throat. In any case, this...reclusive sentiment is certainly not shared by all of Ekkeshikaar's citizens, but it has a grip on enough of them that we feel some additional preparation is in order. To that end, we'd like you to take on a few tasks that will help give us an edge when the time comes tomorrow. First and foremost, we need you to recover some documents from the city's Hall of Records. We've already identified the documents we need, which outline some of the finer points of local law, as well as the details of the original trade agreement with the people of the former colony of Sargave, now known as the independent nation of Vidrian. We put in a request for the documents days ago, but we have continued to be met with red tape and bureaucratic delays.

    He means they're stalling, and don't want to give them to us. Calisro chimes in cheerfully, with a wry smirk.

    A tactic my colleague here is very familiar with, Eras retorts good-naturedly. Sadly, I'm beginning to think she's correct. And without these documents, we're essentially going into the negotiations blind. So, we'd like you to head down in person and sort these "irregularities" out yourselves. How you do this is ultimately up to you, but by happenstance, we've already agreed to send a stack of Pathfinder Chronicles to the Hall of Records to be transcribed. These particular chronicles come with a rather complex index written in Hallit, which is not a language known here. Someone will be spending a fair deal of time assisting the clerks in translating, organizing, and otherwise sorting through the chronicles. If it's you, you'll have plenty of time to get to know these bureaucrats — and perhaps learn a bit about the iruxi yourselves.

    Or, interjects the half-orc captain, shoving a small wooden box stamped with a Taldan coat of arms and labeled Voinarum Glade Winery: 4700 ar across the table, just offer them this. I've never known a bureaucrat who would say no to a good bottle of wine. Just present it as a thank you gift for "expediting our request," and try not to wink or nudge them with your elbow as you do it. That way, you don't have to spend the whole afternoon sorting papers.

    Eras sighs. As much as I'd prefer we not start our relationship with Ekkeshikaar with tactics such as bribery, it's true that time is at a premium here. We do have other tasks we'd like you to attend to after this is done. I'll leave how to handle the situation to your discretion, but please hurry back either way: Calisro and I will need as much time as possible to look over those documents, and you'll need as much time as possible to complete the other things that need doing.

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    Before
    Thulgruns a Pahmet Dwarf, well suntanned. Unlike most dwarves, he wears no armor, his only apparent weapon is his clan dagger, though he does carry a large shield.

    "Name is Thulgrun Ironfist, Monk from Tar Kuata. I am a martial artist, and a battle medic, plus I dabble a bit in fixin' things. "

    Now

    Thulgrin tries to recall if this is a good wine, or not. Society +8
    "Translatin' Northern gibberish, or just offerin' a fine wine? If'n it's all the same to you, I'd go wit' the offerin'. But, tell me true, Venture-Captains, is there to be a cost to us if we do offer it? I've heard that sometimes the Pathfinders get charged for the bribes. Just wantin' to make sure so as we know our options.

    "Any idea of what some of the other tasks ye'll be settin' us out on?"

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    Before
    "Oh, this little one? They can speak for themselves. But I am Brynn."

    "And I'm Sprig! I'm only... four weeks old, I think! Life is really interesting, don't you think! I do. Why it's the most interesting thing I've seen so far," the tiny leaf leshy replies to Theragond. It then quickly continues, animatedly telling the man about everything it's seen in it's short life. A surprising amount of that has included moments of bloodshed, which does not seem to phase it much. Perhaps the Pathfinder's life is not an ideal one for something that is effectively still a child.

    Now
    Brynn is at ease on the ship, appreciating the rocking of the boat and the salty tang in the air. During the voyage she has even lent some of her druidic might, sending the odd gust of wind into the sails. At the talk of cities, the half-elf's expression sours. "Bribing officials with wine is to be our first task? I care nothing for the coin, but if this is truly the nature of the task then it is yet another reflection of the despotic culture one can find in cities. Still, there's no changing the nature of the urban environment, so I would prefer we get about it quickly."


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides
    Thulgrun Ironfist wrote:
    Thulgrin tries to recall if this is a good wine, or not. Society +8

    Thulgren believes the winery to be of good quality. It's no Whiterose Abbey vintage, mind you, but it ain't Sauerton Red either.

    Thulgrun Ironfist wrote:

    "Translatin' Northern gibberish, or just offerin' a fine wine? If'n it's all the same to you, I'd go wit' the offerin'. But, tell me true, Venture-Captains, is there to be a cost to us if we do offer it? I've heard that sometimes the Pathfinders get charged for the bribes. Just wantin' to make sure so as we know our options.

    "Any idea of what some of the other tasks ye'll be settin' us out on?"

    I'm sure you're used to venture-captains laying everything down at once and letting you choose how you go about it, says Eras. And normally, that's what we like to do as well. In this case, though, we really need those documents first and foremost, so we can start going over them while you attend to other things. We don't need you getting distracted in the meantime. Get the documents as soon as possible, bring them here, and then we'll tell you what's next.

    Brynn Bear-Talker wrote:
    "Bribing officials with wine is to be our first task? I care nothing for the coin, but if this is truly the nature of the task then it is yet another reflection of the despotic culture one can find in cities. Still, there's no changing the nature of the urban environment, so I would prefer we get about it quickly."

    Right, getting about it quickly is what we'd like you to do, Calisro says with a chuckle.

    Horizon Hunters

    M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

    An excited little goblin nearly bounces up and down as he sings to his companions

    "Pathfinders, greetings to all
    Today's quest is not small
    Let us not ourselves imbibe
    and instead just make the bribe."

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    Tybekk Is a disheveled dwarf with unkempt hair who sits in the corner listening to the briefing.

    ”Crazzlefrats! Ahh dannae care fer bureaucrats and all the bletherin it takes tae deal with them. Ahh think it would be easier tae slay a wee beastie than tae use up all the hot air. This case seems all the mair punishin as we give em a bottle of wine tae boot.”

    After giving his two coppers worth of advice, Tybek grows impatient with waiting. He checks his pocket watch one more time and then decides to pull out his pipe and pack it full of tobacco. He then starts looking around for a light.

    After patting down his pockets he exclaims, ”Crazzlefrats! Dae any of yae hae a wee bit o’ fire?”

    I have three glyphs worth of hero points to pass out to Thulgrun, Brynn, and Theragond.

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    ” Damn e, corrach, na bi ag obair mar amadan timcheall air càch. Thoir dhuinn droch ainm” says Thulgrun, as he pulls out his polytool, turning it into a lighter or sorts.

    dwarven:

    Damn it, dwarf, don't be acting like a fool around the others. Give us all a bad name

    Actually, I don’t need an extra hero point, as I have the convention hero advanced boon. I am starting with three.

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    We're not lacking for hero points, it seems

    "I think we have what we need right now. Shall we get moving?"


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Calisro looks about. Weren't there two more of you lot...?

    I know Theragond and Cilik are just starting classes, but I'm willing to give them a bit more time to check in.

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0
    Thulgrun Ironfist wrote:
    ” Damn e, corrach, na bi ag obair mar amadan timcheall air càch. Thoir dhuinn droch ainm” says Thulgrun, as he pulls out his polytool, turning it into a lighter or sorts.

    Tybek begins puffing on his pipe filling the room in smoke as he defensively replies to the dwarf in his native tongue,"Chan eil fios agam dè a tha thu a ’bruidhinn. Tha mi dìreach an seo a ’feuchainn ri mo phìob a smocadh. Chan urrainn dhomh a chuideachadh gu bheil iad a ’cur thugainn air misean dioplòmasach a’ bruidhinn ri luchd-brathaidh pàipeir."

    Dwarven:
    "I don't know what you are talking about. I'm just here trying to smoke my pipe. I can't help that they are sending us on some diplomatic mission talking to paper pushers."

    So, how many hero points are we all starting with?

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Say 'Northern Gibberish' one more time. I dare you." Theragond is not amused.

    Here, sneaking in a quick post before my next class.

    Grand Archive

    M Halfling evoker 3| HP 33 | AC 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +7 | Will +9 | Perc +7 (Keen Eyes) | Speed 25

    A thin halfling steps into the room.
    "Sorry i'm late. I got caught by the rather fast talking gnome. He was so excited about something that I just couldn't stop him. Well, that's not entirely true. I couldn't get a word in edgewise! I didn't want to be rude. You know how that goes."

    Cilik Looks at a group with a smile. "soooo, what did I miss?"


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Mildly exasperated at Cilik's late arrival, Eras takes a deep breath. We're here to negotiate a trade agreement, he says, and our iruxi hosts value punctuality. You would do well to remember that.

    Which is why we're not telling you the parameters of the rest of the mission until you complete this one, interjects Calisro. Pathfinders can be easily distracted. She casts a mirthful grin at Cilik.

    Ahem. Yes. Well, decide among yourselves the best approach to take, Eras states. We trust you agents to make the right choice.

    Right, yeah. A lot of viable choices. Calisro agrees. But take the bottle.

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    Brynn takes the bottle. "Let's go."


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Has anyone played 1-09: Star-Crossed Voyages on this character? Also, please feel free to slot boons at this point, and we'll presume that all our level 3 PCs each have two hero points, while the others have one each (not counting campaign coins, etc.), per the discussion thread.

    Players may make a DC 15 Iruxi Lore or Society check to Recall Knowledge about more information regarding iruxi culture and society. Players may also make a DC 15 Iruxi Lore or Mercantile Lore check to Recall Knowledge about Vidrian’s trade history and the iruxi nations to the south. Iruxi Lore is relevant enough that anyone trained in it who makes the DC can apply that success to both checks.

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    Are we playing up or down? If we're up, Brynn has Worldly Tutor, which is, "While working with less experienced Pathfinder allies, you help your less experienced colleagues recognize danger and withstand danger. For any PCs benefiting from a Level Bump and whose levels are lower than yours, you increase the Level Bump’s modifier to Perception checks and Initiative rolls to 2."
    Society (U): 1d20 ⇒ 12

    Brynn briefly considers what she knows of the Iruxi, then shrugs and moves on.


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Challenge points are 16, low tier with no adjustments. No level bumps this time around, so no need to slot a Mentor boon.

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    I have played 1-09 with Thulgrun
    Society: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

    Boons


    • Improved Grand Archive Champion
    • Professional Hireling (Diplomacy, Scribing Lore, Pathfinder Society Lore, Hobnobber)
    • Promotional Service Award
    • A) Convention Hero
    • (slotless) Ally of the Iruxi
    • Valais's Assurance

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    I have not played those with Theragond.

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

    Guild Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    I rolled my guild lore in case it is similar enough to mercantile Lore.

    Theragond wrote:
    "Say 'Northern Gibberish' one more time. I dare you."

    ”Ahmm gettin a scoldin on one side and a wee threat on the other. Ahh can tell by oor start that today is gonna be a good day! So, what’s yer name, Sunshine?”


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Thulgrun:
    Did Thulgrun get Ally of the Iruxi on that chronicle, or did he get Iruxi Bane instead?

    EDIT: never mind, see it in your boons now. Carry on!

    Tybekk:
    Although they are referred to as "lizardfolk" by most other humanoids, the name they use for themselves is iruxi. The simple villages that most outsiders associate with iruxi are the homes of migrants in outlying regions. In true centers of iruxi civilization, such as Ekkeshikaar, they build impressive complexes of glass and stone.

    It is rumored that a vast empire of dinosaur-riding iruxi, known as Droon, dominates southern Garund, in territory beyond any maps common to the Inner Sea region.

    I'll allow Guild Lore, sure, because Lore skills should be worth something, dammit:
    Tybekk's contacts within various merchant guilds have allowed him to glean a bit about the matter.

    When Cheliax established its colony of Sargava, now overthrown and replaced by the nation of Vidrian, it redirected all trade in the region northward. Chelaxian troops drove off iruxi traders during the early years of colonization, seeing the iruxi as monsters, and the iruxi ceased sending trade vessels into Sargavan waters.

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    "Alricht, yae sword and spell weildin hack and slashers, listen up. Ahh should tell yae that Ahh've had a wee bit o' experience in the guild and since its unlikely that yae've done any trade negotiatin b'fore, lemmae give yae the rundoon. First, yae better not call them lizardfolk. They call themselves Iruxi, and if you start with the lizardfolk names, they will likely bite yae. Yae see, they are actually quite clever and this city of Ekkeshikaar is actually an impressive complex built oot of glass and stone. So yae better not go in thair thinkin they're a bunch o' monsters! When Cheliax established a wee colony in Sargava, they saw the Iruxi as monsters and drove off the Iruxi traders durin the early years o' their colonization. Nae surprise, the Iruxi stopped sendin trade vessels into Sargavian waters. So if yae want to mak a good impression, yae better start by mindin yer peas and carrots."

    Horizon Hunters

    M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

    No 1-09 and no appropriate lores here


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Cilik Society: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

    Venturing out into Ekkeshikaar itself, the city does not disappoint, with numerous carefully crafted stone edifices topped with gleaming glass. The Ekkeshikaar Hall of Records is easily found, an imposing stone structure with a massive central dome made of blue-green glass. Surrounding the main building are a number of tall, spiraling minarets that transition seamlessly at the highest levels from smooth stone to sun-shimmering glass.

    The interior is no less impressive, with the glass-filtered sunlight creating beautiful patterns on the stone tiles of the floor, each tile engraved with other patterns that complement — and seem to change with — the light as it crosses the floor throughout the day.

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    As he moves through the city of Ekkeshikaar, Tybekk walks slightly ahead as a scout keeping enough of a distance to both not be associated with his company but also to be able to move stealthily with greater ease. He keeps an eye out for guards inside and outside of the Hall of Records.

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    "What did Ahh tell yae, these Iruxi are clever folk." Tybek remarks to nobody in particular as they enter the Hall of Records.

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    "Let's go on in... no time to dally." says Thulgrun, as he makes his way to the door, and in.

    Once inside, if it isn't blatantly obvious, he starts to stomp up to the front desk to find out where their contact is. Before he does, though, his assistant says, "Pardon me, sir. Shouldn't you stay calm? Remember, 'You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar'."

    He sighs, calms himself, and then nicely walks forward.

    His hireling has Diplomacy as his primary skill... and hobnobber as a feat.


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Tybekk sees no telltale signs of guards outside, although one is readily apparent upon entering, in a semi-conscious state behind a desk as you come in. He groans lowly as he brings himself to his feet at Thulgrun's approach, remnants of what was once breakfast on his wrinkled uniform.

    Er...good morning, he says uncertainly. What can we do for you today?

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Previously: "Well Tybekk Odeon, I'm Theragond, and this is my most loyal friend, Kvass."


    Female, Small, Young, Bird | HP 25/25 | AC: 21| F: +6 R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 (T, LLV) | Speed: 5', Fly 50' Support: Strikes on targets Kvass threatens take 1d4 persistent bleed and are dazzled |

    "KAAAAAAAA!"

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Currently: Theragond turns to the other, especially the unassuming fellow who seems to follow Thulgrun around.

    Horizon Hunters

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    Previously:

    Theragond wrote:
    "Well Tybekk Odeon, I'm Theragond, and this is my most loyal friend, Kvass."

    "Aye, Thereagond. Nice beard." Tybekk looks at Theragond's friend for a moment, tries to stare it in the eyes and then states the obvious. "Your friend is a bird."

    Currently:

    Guard wrote:
    "Er...good morning", he says uncertainly. "What can we do for you today?"
    "Aye, are yae askin me or tellin me its a good morning? If yer askin, Ahh'll let yae that its a fine one. But it could be better if yae direct us tae the right paperwork woman. We're Pathfinders and we've got some paperwork tae pick up and Ahh'm nae sure which paper pusher to pick. We want one that can cut through all the delays and give it tae us withoot any bother. Which one would that be?"

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides
    Tybekk Odeon wrote:
    "Your friend is a bird."

    I am STILL laughing at this. +1 hero point for Tybekk.

    The iruxi guard looks perplexed at Tybekk. It...wasn't really a commentary on whether it's a good morning or not, merely a polite greeting, you see. So I wasn't...I wasn't asking asking, but thank you for telling me it's a fine day. Very kind of you to say so. Yes indeed. He gives a toothy grin as he reaches for some sheaves of parchment on the desktop, shuffling through them without so much as looking at them. Uh, er, um...Pathfinders, you say? Looking for paperwork. Yes. Um. What sort of papers were you after?

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    "The documents outline some of the finer points of local law, as well as the details of the original trade agreement with the people of the former colony of Sargava, now known as the independent nation of Vidrian," Brynn steps up and chimes in to help Tybekk. "The request was put in a while ago now, so this is just a simple 'picking up' of the documents."

    Diplomacy Aid (if Tybekk wants it):
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Trade agreements? Oh, that'll be Narsha then, the guard says brightly. Take this corridor, first door on your left, then up a flight of steps, second door on your right, up another two flights, and third door on your left at the end of the hallway. Good day!

    Following the directions — you only get lost once — brings you to a door clearly marked TRADE ARCHIVES. Inside, the office is a minor disaster; stacks of parchment can be seen on practically every table and desk.

    Yes? says an iruxi woman walking out from behind stacks of documents, carrying a stack herself. Can I help you...?

    Horizon Hunters

    M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

    Sun Fire Boom Boom nearly bounces up and down in excitement.

    "Greetings oh fabulous Iruxi lady. You see we are from the Pathfinder society and as promised have brought forth a great cache of Chronicles " Sun Fire Boom Boom interrupts himself with a brief bow before continuing.

    "Let me continue with an apology for I'm certain our ignorance of local custom has left us in a bind that you alone might be able to free us from. See, our request for a series of documents regarding legal analysis and former trade agreements with Sargava seem to have been delayed and we are ignorant of the proper path of resolution. Can you perhaps spare a moment of your previous time."

    Sun Fire Boom Boom interrupts himself to bow once again, looking as obsequious as possible.

    diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Ah, yes, you must be the Pathfinder envoys, Narsha says. Welcome to Ekkeshikaar.

    Now, your request was signed in the appropriate spots by the appropriate authorities, and when that happens it makes its way here, and is placed in the queue, and like all such requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Standard procedure, of course. You understand, I'm sure. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a mountain of work to do, as you can plainly see.

    Brynn, Thulgrun, Tybekk:
    You can tell that "processed in the order in which they are received" is not entirely true in this case. Also, she's not at all happy you are here behind that pained smile those who deal with the public every day plaster to their face.

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    ”Aye, Ahh thought we were directed tae a woman who could get things done. Nae somebody who just looks at paper piles. Ahh specifically asked fer someone who could cut though all the delays. Are we in the right place?”

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

    Grand Archive

    diplo to aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    "We have come a long way. surely, someone of your great skill and intellect could find what we are looking for quickly?"

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Theragond stays silent, shaking his head at Cilik.


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Narsha stares wordlessly at Cilik, her face inscrutable as to what she is thinking, but Cilik is certain he's said something amiss.

    That's a crit fail, in case Cilik would like to use a hero point on it.

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    ”Yes, we are here to expedite the process in’, you see. Now, maybe it is just a bit of priorities, so that we can get back to our bosses. You can understand how this would benefit all of us. ” says Thulgrun, indicating to Brynn that she should get the bottle out.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

    ”Good job, sir, you didn’t grind your teeth once that time!”

    Grand Archive

    M Halfling evoker 3| HP 33 | AC 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +7 | Will +9 | Perc +7 (Keen Eyes) | Speed 25

    hero point will be sacrificed for the greater good.
    reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    You'll be happier with the fail rather than the crit fail, I promise. Besides, you still have a hero point, as each level 3 PC got an extra from the generous multiple-glyph GMs at the table. :-)

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    This table has glyphs... that's for sure. Plus, as a reminder, one of my hero points can be given to a player... so in case of emergency :D

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    "I think there was another form as well," Brynn says as she goes rooting through her pack. She puts a couple items on the Iruxi woman's desk, including the bottle of wine. "Maybe I misplaced that," she decides, placing her items back but specifically forgets about the bottle of wine.

    "We appreciate just how busy you are, we really do. It's just that getting these papers expedited is really, really important to us. And I have no doubt that you can work miracles. Why, I once heard about a holy man who could turn water into wine. I doubt he did, but I'm guessing the wine was real enough."
    Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

    1 to 50 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Thunderspirit's Gameday IX — PFS2 1-23: The Star-Crossed Court Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.