GM Thunderspirit's Gameday IX — PFS2 1-23: The Star-Crossed Court (Inactive)

Game Master thunderspirit

Slides

Tracking Sheet


51 to 100 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

Narsha looks back and forth among all the Pathfinders, then clucks her tongue. I see. Yes, I suppose I shall see if something can be worked out. After all, you went through all the trouble to present this bri-- I mean, generous gift.

GM stuff:
6d20 ⇒ (9, 5, 10, 12, 14, 8) = 58

Brynn, Thulgren:
It has occurred to Narsha that she can't continue to stall the Pathfinders much longer than she already has.

She deposits the armload of parchments in her hand and scoops up the bottle, scurrying through the door at the back of the counter area, which swings shut again behind her.

Nearly two minutes go by, and just as the party is exchanging looks of concern, she emerges, bottle in one hand along with a stack of thin ceramic cups without handles in the other. Under one arm is a thing packet of wrinkled documents.

A toast together! she says flatly, pouring the gifted wine into each glass and grabbing one cup herself.

Horizon Hunters

HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

Before she returns

"Crazzlefrats! Did yae hae tae gie up a bottle o' good stuff just fer some dumb paperwork? Yae didn't have tae give it up so soon. Ahh wonder when oor Venture Captains are gonnae start givin Pathfinders their oon bottle of wine fer all that we dae. Nae appreciation. Mark my words, at the end of all of this there will be no offers fer a wee dram or anything. This could've been a wee perk tae enjoy considerin its the worst job a pathfinder could be given. Bureaucrat duty! Now we've given the bottle awa and we have nothing tae show fer it."

After she returns

With genuine surprise, Tybekk's eyes light up. "Ach! Now we're talkin. Paperwork and a wee dram! Dannae forget tae fill mae cup. Ahh knew the lassie would come through fer us!"

Grand Archive

LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

"Thank you for sharing, madam. A gift shared is a gift multiplied, or something like that"

Thulgrun gladly partakes and toasts, "To a future of cooperation!"


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

The party gladly joins Narsha in a toast. The wine is exceptionally smooth with a sweet undertone. In short order all glasses are empty and Narsha hands over the passel of documents she brought out, and you are on your way, bidding farewell to Narsha and the Ekkeshikaar Hall of Records.

As you make your way back to the embassy...
Brynn DC 20 Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Cilik DC 20 Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Sun Fire DC 20 Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Theragond DC 20 Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Thulgrun DC 20 Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Tybekk DC 20 Fort: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10

Cilik and Sun Fire are both feeling very, very tipsy, as if they had drunk much more than they had. Both are stupefied 1. Tybekk, on the other hand, appears flat-out drunk. Crit fail, stupefied 2.

Since these are saving throws, if someone would like to use a hero point, they certainly may.

Grand Archive

LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

Thulgrun looks at Tybekk, and just shakes his head.

Does this seem like they are poisoned, or just drunk?

Horizon Hunters

M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

Hero Point Reroll

Sun Fire DC 20 Fort HP: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

Tybek critically fails his fortitude saving throw and does not realize how drunk he has gotten. Fortunately, you all get to know Tybekk a bit better as he opens up to all of you.

Tybekk interacts with Cilik

"Hey yae. Ahh notice that yae dannae hae ana armor. Are yae sure that yer safe walkin aboot without some protection? Ahh've nae idea what yae even do aroond here, but stick with me, little one, Ahh'll mak sure that yae dannae get intae trouble. Ahh'm great at stayin oot of trouble."

Tybekk interacts with Thulgrum.

"Hiyaaa Thulgrun," Tybekk remarks as he puts his arm around the dwarf. "Can Ahh just tell yae that yae're my beshst friend. Mae brother Skybek was a terrible brother. Ahh could never live up tae him. Whenever Ahh drank tae much he would give me a scoldin sayin that his drunken hero would never approve of me actin that way. Let's just say that Ahh'm glad yer so supportive." Easily distracted, Tybekk notices Thulgrun's well groomed beard. "Ahh dannae ken how yae braid that beard, but it maks yae look like a kick ass dwarf!"

Tybekk interacts with Sun Fire.

"Yoo hoo, Mishter Sun Fire. . . " Tybekk calls out to the bard. "Did Ahh tell yae that yae shpeak better than ana wee goblin Ahh've ever met. Ahh even liked yer wee rhymin stuff yae did. Ahh'm nae good at the rhyme maeself. Ahh guess Ahh need mair time! Whaa haa haa! If yae've got another song tae sing, Ahh wannae hear it. Ahh really mean it. Ahh'm not just saying that like Ahh dae to other goblins. Ahh wannae hear yer rhymin in a wee jingle."

Tybekk interacts with Brynn.

"Yoo hoo, Mishuss Elf. Ahh'm sorry, what dae yae call yerself? Elf names all sound the same tae me. Ahh've been meanin tae tell yae somethin very important. This can be oor little secret." Tybekk draws Brynn closer and tries to whisper to her, but everyone can still hear him. "Yae've got a wee nest of twigs in yer hair. Ahh didnae want tae say something tae embarrass yae, but Ahh saw the twigs as soon as Ahh met yae. And did Ahh see a wee bush chasin yae aroond? Mebbae its trying tae get intae the nest. Ahh would watch yerself incase that bush has ana thorns stickin oot."

Tybekk interacts with Theragond

"Hey Theragone," Tybekk comes up and put his arm around him. "Did Ahh ever tell yae how much Ahh wish Ahh had a friend like yer bird. Ahh need shomething that is loyal jusht like him. Even if he daesnae talk much, Ahh can see why yae keep him aroond. He cannae eat tae much either. If Ahh was yae, Ahh would definitely keep him! What dae yae call him again? Kishassh? That's a peculiar name."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides
Thulgrun Ironfist wrote:
Does this seem like they are poisoned, or just drunk?

Thulgren definitely gets the idea that no one should be this inebriated from a small cup of wine. It's hard to say for certain, but something doesn't seem right.

Although getting the chance to see Tybekk being a friendly drunk has absolutely been worth the price of admission. :-D


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides
Sun Fire Boom Boom wrote:

Hero Point Reroll

[dice=Sun Fire DC 20 Fort HP]1d20 + 7

Sun Fire was beginning to get that feeling when he can't think of a rhyme and has to give the talking stick back in the tribe. But he shakes it off and composes a little ditty in his head.

Sun Fire convinced the iruxi
Helping was better than being obstuct-sy
But now Tybekk's a sod
Which seems rather odd
Wonder what else was in those cups, see?

He decides it needs some work.

Horizon Hunters

M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

Sun Fire Boom Boom shoos away the 4th wall cobwebs from his head and sings his own song.

"There once was a mission that went great
Until the Pathfinders drank up the wine
Perhaps they should ask for a rebate...
At least Tybekk's speach is goldmine."

Grand Archive

Cilik grins and burps. He has never been drunk before.

"This gives me a nice warm fuzzzzy feeling." he smiles a big smile. "I do not dissshlike it."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

After five minutes of the effect, Cilik and Tybekk each need to make an additional Fortitude save...

2d20 ⇒ (3, 12) = 15 Both fail, though no crit fails this time.

Cilik, it turns out, is a silly drunk, where everything amuses him greatly. Now stupefied 2.

Tybekk is a chatty drunk with no filter. Now stupefied 3.

Arriving back at the embassy causes a bit of a scene, and it takes Sun Fire and Brynn some time to smooth things back out. The party is sent for at once by Eras, who is appalled at the inebriated display; and Calisro, who is raucously amused but tries -- unsuccessfully -- to appear stern.

This sort of behavior is bad for the Society's image, Eras chides. How did they get into such a state?!?

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

Tybekk wanders in like he has sea legs hanging on to anything he can find to keep vertical. When he reaches the venture captain, he introduces himself.

”Hiya Mishter Eras. Tybekk Odeon reportin fer duty, shir. The wee ones have had a bit tae much tae drink, but fortunately Ahh’m as shober as a judge and Ahh’ve been keepin an eye on them. Ahh want tae report a shuceshful mission. We got lotsha paperwork fer yae. Hmm. Now whair did Ahh put them?” Tybekk pats himself down to see if he can find the documents. Hmm. Ahh dinnae ken where they’ve got tae just noo. Unfortunately, we also losht the bottle o wine yae gave us and Ahh only got one wee dram. Ahh’ve been thinkin. We give strangers bottles o wine, but yae dannae gie us pathfinders bottles o wine. We’re the ones takin all the rhisks, but we dannae get the rewards. This reminds me that Ahh’ve also got a formal complaint tae make. Namely, Ahh had tae buy mae oon wayfinder. What kind a organizashion daesnae buy their oon members a wayfinder? A stingy niggardly one, Ahh’d say. All Yae dae is ashk fer mair, mair, mair, but yae dannae want tae gie us anything in return. Yae make us scrounge fer treasure. Ahll Ahh can say is this turns oot tae be a good arrangement fer yer ten boshes. It’s nae wonder they wear mashks tae cover their faces. Ahh wouldnae want tae be known either if Ahh was robbin mae entire membership.”

As Tybekk is spouting his complaints, he is easily distracted as he remembers Eras has a nickname.

”Wait a moment. Are yae the one they call the needle? Ahh’ve been wonderin if yae could do some sewin fer me? Ahh think Ahh’ve got a hole in mae britches.”

Verdant Wheel

HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

"Venture-Captain, I would hazard a guess that Iruxi administrators do not, actually, appreciate Pathfinders. The one we met was clearly intent on stalling us, and when they returned with an open bottle and filled cups, we'll... You get Tybekk here."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

Casilro takes Tybekk aside for a few moments, using words like "union card" and "collective bargaining," while Eras listens intently to Brynn. Stalling is something we expected. As we mentioned, there's an isolationist faction here that...excuse me, why does the halfling have a ceramic cup in his hand?

After being informed that this was the vessel by which they shared the wine, Eras confiscates it and studies it. I have some knowledge of alchemy, and I can see that this didn't just have wine, it included mindmurk oil. It's often taken recreationally, but it dulls the mind, creating a pleasant and euphoric stupor that inhibits the imbiber's decision-making skills and mental capacity. Rather like being drunk. It should wear off in a little while; it rarely lasts longer than a full hour.

Sure enough, Tybekk and Cilik are back to themselves in about a half hour.

Wonderful, now then, thank you for retrieving the documents. I'm sure these will be invaluable tomorrow. He passes the bundle of parchment to Calisro, who sets the papers aside after a quick glance through them. Eras continues. But our work is far from over. There is a visiting diplomat of some renown, known as Kesstraka, who is here on business from further south. If we can convince her to help represent Vidrian's interests, or at least argue in favor of the trade deal, her words would certainly carry a great deal of weight during the negotiations. As luck would have it, she is staying here in the same embassy building we are. We've arranged for you to meet with her in her garden quarters just outside.

Calisro speaks up, waving a mug in the air as she speaks to underscore her point. If you ask me, your best bet is the old "stick and carrot" approach: talk some big talk about the last guys who didn't want to trade, maybe drop a few hints that Vidrian's navy is a bit bigger than it really is, and get her to agree to help out. You can always smooth things over later by holding a couple minor trade concessions up your sleeve.

Alternatively, Eras interjects, mildly frustrated, if we don't want to risk starting an international incident, you could just simply tell her a few tales of derring-do and adventure, and once she's warmed up to you a bit, broach the topic of her aid then.

The important thing, says Calisro, lounging back and taking a long sip of a drink, is to try and get her on our side and come right back here, because there's still one more job we have for you today.

Grand Archive

LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

”Either of those seem like fine ways to go, but as Pathfinders I would guess we’ve got more of the tales to tell than anything else.” says Thulgrun. ”Let’s go talk to his ambassador and see what we might find out. ”

Horizon Hunters

M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

Sun Fire Boom Boom nods excitedly bursting out into song once again.

"Despite being agents quite seasoned
The first thing that we got was poisoned
Hopefully step two won't be so problematic
and can instead be a mission diplomatic."

Ambassador

Horizon Hunters

HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

Tybekk spends the remainder of the hour sleeping off whatever drug influenced him. He sits at a table with his head down and a loud snore rumbling throughout the room. When at last he stirs, he lifts his head, looks around and pulls out his pocket watch to check the time.

"Ugghhhh . . . " Tybekk moans as he tries to pull himself together.

"Uhh, is it really the afternoon? Ahh cannae remember, but did we get the paperwork frae the beauacracy witch? Hopefully that's us done with the diplomatic missions, what's oor next assignment, yae lollygaggers?"

Verdant Wheel

HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

"I agree, Thulgrun and Sun Fire," the typically serious half-elf says. She ignores Tybekk's 'belly aching' as best she can, but fails. "Tybekk, if that renowned dwarven constitution allows, we've a task to get done."

Brynn steps back, ready to be about their business.

Grand Archive

LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

Again, Thulgrun shakes his head at Tybekk, as if to say Tybekk is digracing the dwarves.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

Finding the ambassador is not difficult. The interior of the embassy is home to a sprawling and luxurious courtyard and garden, including several chairs and tables on a terrace overlooking a stream. It is calm and tranquil, with no one about at this time of day, and only the sound of birdsong and the flowing of the stream.

A matronly-looking iruxi with faded green scales but sharp, piercing yellow eyes sits at one of the tables that has been laid out with tea and snacks, and motions to join her. Greetings, she says warmly. I am Kesstraka, ambassador from Droon, to the island-city of Ekkeshikaar. Please, come, sit and eat with me. I would get to know the envoys of the famous Pathfinder Society.

Horizon Hunters

HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

Previously

Brynn wrote:
"Tybekk, if that renowned dwarven constitution allows, we've a task to get done."

”Ahh shut up, She-Elf. Ahh’m comin. Yae dannae need tae lecture me aboot time!”

Thulgrun wrote:
Again, Thulgrun shakes his head at Tybekk, as if to say Tybekk is digracing the dwarves.

”What are Yae lookin at, Mister High and Mighty?!”

Presently

Kesstraka wrote:
“I am Kesstraka, ambassador from Droon, to the island-city of Ekkeshikaar. Please, come, sit and eat with me. I would get to know the envoys of the famous Pathfinder Society.“

”Aye, Ahh dannae mind if Ahh dae.” Tybekk quickly reaches across the table for a large helping of snacks and begins eating.

Horizon Hunters

M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

Sun Fire Boom Boom pulls up a seat and scarfs down some yummies before grinning and singing.

"There once was an Iruxi named Kesstraka
Who invited us to eat some moussaka.
Despite our last meal being poisoned
we were quick to make our throats quite moistened."

Grand Archive

LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

"You can do this, sir!" encourages Thulgrun's aid.

"Ah, thank you." says Thulgrun. "I am sure that the tales of our exploits have preceded us, but still. To give you a measure of the Pathfinder Society, perhaps I could tell you a little story about a race. In the far north..."

PFS2 1-10 The Tarnbreakers Trail:

Thulgrun tells about how the team worked together in spite of the bitter cold and sabotage that was inflicted up on them. He recounts with some level of pride how even his team didn't think he could climb up the greased pole, but how simple it was for one of his training, and how he barely even noticed that the goal at the top was sabotaged by nailing it to the pole.

He focuses mostly on how the team worked together, and how they overcame all odds to win the race, but how they also accepted the apology of the youth that came forward to admit what he had done.

diplomacy, if needed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

Kesstraka is pleased that Tybekk and Sun Fire avail themselves of the light refreshments placed on the table. Several savory breads, some cheeses, and bowls of a course-textured spread are in generous supply.

She positively beams as the Pathfinders introduce themselves one by one, politely applauds Sun Fire's little tune, and as Thulgrun concludes his tale of his experience in the land of the ice and snow, she follows up with a question of her own. Exciting times, Thulgrun Ironfist. Our land of Droon also has those who range and explore in the wilds and go on grand adventures. I am told that this is a business that keeps your mind on the present, as is prudent when facing dangers. But what of your future? Do you ever think about your plans five years from now? Ten?

Kesstraka is clearly unhurried and her question appears earnest.

This is an interactive scene. Any Diplo checks will be used to Make an Impression, and I'll keep track of all successes/failures.

Horizon Hunters

HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

When the scraggly dwarf takes a break from eating all of the snacks, Tybek does his best to chat up Kesstraka and make an impression on her.

"Aye, Ahh'm the younger brother of Venture Captain Skybek Odeon. Yae mae o' heard of him. He's some fancy priest of Cayden Cailean. Ahh'm still trying to figure oot this Pathfinder Society and see whair mae skills fit in. Ahh'm really good at sneakin aboot and open locks, but that skill usually just gets me intae trouble. When Ahh'm nae adventuring, Ahh like tae tinker with watches. Ahh dae like the way they tick and the way the gears all turn aboot. When it works well, Ahh'm never late, especially if food is involved."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Grand Archive

LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

”My future? This was not a rash decision that I made to join.” says Thulgrun. ”I studied at the monastery of Tar Kuata for decades, searching for self perfection in those desert sands. But always there was something missing.

“A few years ago, a group of Pathfinders showed up at Tar Kuata, searching for an ancient item that we had been protecting. They proved their worth through all of our challenge, and won the prize.

I thought long and hard after that day, and a year to the day of their passing our challenges, I set out to meet theirs. Mine was not the short path, and I took their three years of training. I passed their tests, and now I can call myself Pathfinder.

“My goals, for now, are simple. Become the best Pathfinder that I can, and where I cannot, I will turn to those on my team that are better than I. Perhaps a day will come that I have passed all the tests, all the trials, and I can finally rest.

“On that day, I will learn to instruct those that follow me, that they do not have to make the mistakes I have made. Perhaps one of my students on that day will be your grandchild, or great grandchild. That would truly be an honor to me.”

Thulgrun then pours himself a glass, and partakes in the feast.
Diplomacy to make impression: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
nope! Hero point reroll
Diplomacy to make impression: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Verdant Wheel

HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

Brynn lets the others speak of their experiences and their future plans. She nibbles on some of the food, though it is Sprig who treats the snacks with interest.

The leshy picks up a biscuit, studying it in their sticky fingers. "This is really neat? What does it taste like, Brynn?" It then stuffs the biscuit in her mouth, surprising the half-elf.

Brynn chokes for a moment but manages to ingest the food. "A bit dry, but it is tasty. You're supposed to dip in the tea, Sprig," she says this just as the leshy is putting it's hands in a cup of tea.

"Oooh, it's warm! Like a summer's day!" Sprig cannot contain its delight as it, as always, does its best to discover the world about it.

With an apologetic look Brynn says to Kesstraka, "Forgive me. Sprig here has not learned decorum in social situations. But," the druid looks on with a smile, adding, "I don't think I plan to teach them. Needless to say, my future is tied to nature. To this wonderful creature, and to fostering growth wherever I may. To that end, the Pathfinder Society is a perfect organization for me. Even if they do require the occasional visit to civilization, it's the best parts of the wilderness that I enjoy most."
Diplomacy (Make an Impression): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Unacceptable. Hero Point, please
Diplomacy (Make an Impression): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Screw you, dice. That was a great post, you a+##%+&

Horizon Hunters

M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Sun Fire Boom Boom makes some nice words to go with his singing

"Yes, yes. Well 5 years ago I worked for the Aspis before joining the society, I think in another 5 years I might join somewhere new... who knows, Iobaria, Tian, maybe even here..."

Sun Fire Boom Boom then sings another little song to help Theragond out

perform to inspire compotence: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

"There once was a ranger named Theragond
Who was quite a ferocious Kellid
His enemies have always been outdid
Just watch out that your treasures don't abscond."

+1 Circumstance to Theragond from Aid(Inspire Courage)

Horizon Hunters

Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Uncomfortable with all this sharing, Theragond digs deep for words. "Do I think of five years or ten from now? Indeed, but I am careful never to hope for a specific future. Hoping for a specific future is to loose sight of the present. As a child I mentored to a Pathfinder Ranger named Bishop. I asked him how long it would take me to become self-sufficient in the wilds. He told me 15 years of practice. I asked him 'what if I work twice as hard?' to which he replied 20 years. Frustrated, young, and naive I said 'what if I work threefold?' His reply; 30 years. "

    For the briefest moment, ephemeral as a warm northern wind, Theragond smiles smiles. "I didn't understand then, but in time learned the lesson - when one is looking at the future, only one remains to see the path at your feet. There is power and wisdom in the journey. So I've learned to make decision for the future firmly grounded in the now."

    Diplomacy (Make Impression): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Oh, I rather like everyone answering her questions. So will she. Okay, how we'll play this is like so: the highest roll will be the one used to Make an Impression, and all others will be used to aid that roll. As long as no one crit fails, they won't detract from the lead roll. That way everyone can roleplay without being afraid their roll might bollox things up too much and Kesstraka learns something about the Pathfinders, which is her goal.

    I'll give Cilik a chance to contribute, then move us on at lunch if he hasn't found time yet. It is his first day teaching classes, after all.


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    And by "lunch" I mean "late afternoon."

    Kesstraka nods carefully at each Pathfinder's vision of the future. Always in motion, is the future. One never knows when an unexpected turn will change your course.

    She turns to Brynn. On a related note, there is much I would know of this Pathfinder Society, and of the people who associate with it. I am interested in the tales of achievement Thulgrun offered before, to be sure. Yet I know that explorers and adventurers will not so often bring up their mistakes in the same fashion. Tell me, Brynn Bear-Talker, will you share with me a time you failed?

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    Brynn considers the question for some time, deep in thought. Just when the silence becomes unbearable, she speaks. "Although my parentage suggests elven blood I can tell you that my mother is Shoanti. My people are of the Lyrune-Quah, or Moon Clan in Taldane, and they revere animals. So when my mother began to teach me of nature, she insisted that I bond with the animal kingdom. And so I did, befriending a bear I named Robb. This was how I earned the name 'Bear-Talker'"

    "Robb, I can safely say in hindsight, was an incredibly lazy, apathetic animal. It took me longer than it should have to realize that he simply did not care. Several times when I was in danger he did the bare minimum to help. This jeopardized missions even, though able Pathfinders were able to pick up the slack," Brynn pauses, her expression troubled as she thinks back to that time.

    "What I needed to do was release Robb into the wild and find my true calling to nature. I realigned my connection to focus on the flora of Golarion, and learned to shape a leshy like Sprig here. The mistake I made was in not finding my own path, instead accepting others. And that, to me, is what the Society provides: growth. We get to grow as people, and find our own path to success."
    Diplomacy, if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    ”She elf, Ahh thought yae were gonna forget tae talk, but lemmae get this straight. Your fiend is a bear named Robb and only yae can understand what he says? When he talked, he told yae that he didnae want tae dae any exertions, except mebbae robbin the honey pot. Yae described it as the bear minimum? Ho, Ho, Ho!” Tybekk guffaws at the lame puns. ”That’s a good one. So then when yae left the lazy bear, yae made a walking bush intae yer friend instead. With friends like that, Ahh suppose yae cannae be carnivorous or vegetarian! Ho, Ho, Haw!” Tybekk continues to amuse himself. ”Hey Theragond, by yer mentor’s math, Ahh bet Robb the bear with all his effort is already self sufficient in the wild enjoyin himself like the mighty hunter yae want tae be. Ho, Ho, Ho!”

    Horizon Hunters

    M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

    Sun Fire Boom Boom nods and responds

    "There once was a Goblin named Boom Boom
    Who was dressed up all nice as a bridegroom
    At the time he was supposed to be wedding
    The waiting it soon turned to dreading
    For she had really run off with his heirloom."

    Sun Fire Boom Boom plops sadly in his chair and shuts up after sharing the limerick.

    Verdant Wheel

    HP 96/96 | AC 26(28 W/shield raised) | Fort +14, Refl +14, Will +16 | Perc +16 (low-light vision) | Nature +18 | Default Exploration: Search (if indoors) or Investigate (if outdoors) | Speed 35 (45 w/Longstrider) | Hero Points 0/3 | Focus 2/2 | Active conditions: Longstrider, Vital Beacon || Sprig HP 40/40

    Brynn looks momentarily confused by Tybekk. "I know he went off and started a family. It's not that I do not see the old bear anymore. He seems well. But he was not right for my calling. You see..."

    She trails off, seeing the futility of explaining herself to Tybekk and realizing she's the butt of a joke. "Nevermind, He-Dwarf. Perhaps you have a story to share about how you mined the wrong ore vein and caused a cave-in?"


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Yes, Kesstraka says, Brynn Bear-Talker is quite right that we all follow our own calling, and that no one else is able to correctly judge what suits that purpose. She deftly turns the question to Tybekk. Surely you, too, have had some regret over a course of action you have taken, a course that seemed right when you began the journey but eventually left the riverbank in which it began.

    Also, a Diplomacy roll from Sun Fire please.

    Horizon Hunters

    M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

    diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
    If that's a crit fail I'll hero point reroll, also if it's possible to use perform(sing) instead, I'm 4 higher.

    diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    I'll take the Perform check with the hero point, sure.

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    Thulgrun's assistant nudges the monk, trying to get him to admit a failure.

    "Well, as much as I would hate to admit it, even someone who has been training for years like I have has his own share of problem. To be completely honest, I am not much of a talker. Tend to play up dwarves and ignore the benefits of most other ancestries. But knowin' ones limitations is a important as playing up one's strengths. Which is the reason I have my cousin, Dethor Ironfist.

    "Now, Dethor won't be the one a'braggin' about it, but he's a pretty good talker. But, just between you and me, he ain't much of a fighter. But we make a pretty good team nonetheless."

    Dethor sighs at Thulgrun's statements, but doesn't contradict them.

    diplomacy to make impression: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0
    Kesstraka wrote:
    "Surely you, too, have had some regret over a course of action you have taken, a course that seemed right when you began the journey but eventually left the riverbank in which it began."

    Tybek takes in Kesstraka's question and for an instant wonders if he should open the can of worms that she is asking to open."Yae want tae hear mae regrets, do yae?" Okay, you are asking for it, Iruxi. Tybekk's reply starts a little defensively, but grows more emotional as he thinks back upon the most difficult experiences in his life. "Aye, Ahh've got many regrets. I regret that Ahh didnae kill my uncle Dolgrym when Ahh had the chance. He was a richt mean bastard who beat me and took frae me at every chance. Ahh regret the day that Ahh got caught robbin the Durskan Clan of Maheto when Ahh took their Korloch stone. Ahh regret that Ahh didnae bring mae friend, Bogar with me when Ahh escaped frae the Maheto dungeons." Tybekk becomes a little teary as he thinks about his father. "Ahh regret that Ahh was never able tae stop the Frost Giants frae murderin mae Pa and stoppin them frae destroyin his entire shop. And mostly, Ahh regret that mae Pa and Ahh'll never hae the chance tae build the most precise elemental clock ever made. Ahh'll have tae dae that on mae oon some day, if Ahh can ever make it that far."


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Kesstraka appears impressed by Tybekk's revealing response, and discreetly doesn't address Thulgrun's lack of an answer, giving a soft smile instead and continuing her inquiries.

    Turning to Sun Fire, she asks the goblin, Tell me of the lands that you come from, so different from mine or these on which we sit now. What is your peoples' greatest achievement, Sun Fire Boom Boom, the thing of which you — as part of them — are most proud to show the rest of the world?

    Horizon Hunters

    M Bard 6 | HP (62/65) | AC 21 | F +10 R +13 W +9 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | <+2 Init> Spells: F (1/2) 1: (1/3) | 2: (1/3) | 3:(1/3)|| hp (3/3)

    Sun Fire Boom Boom responds, this time without a limerick.

    "Well you see Sun Fire Boom Boom originally from Frostfur Goblin tribe. We were famous for being the best tribe around at drinking alchemist fires. Once upon a time Sun Fire Boom Boom proud of legacy and fell into worship of great big Fire Lady Sarenrae. That's when named changed from Chomp Chomp Boom Boom to Sun Fire Boom Boom..."

    Sun Fire Boom Boom pauses a moment, somewhat lost in his own story "Maybe greatest 'chievement is our ability to adapt."

    diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Kesstraka nods. Ability to adapt is among the most valuable of talents, she says neutrally, her attention suddenly captured by Kvass's arrival from a quick lunchtime hunt, perching on Theregond's arm. Your friend is a bird! she says to the Kellid. What a lovely creature of the wild. How did you come across such a thing, and to be worthy of its devotion so? I'm sure there is a tale to be told there, Theragond Falcon-Friend.

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    "Well, ok... maybe that wasn't what you were lookin' fer. Maybe a different tale.

    "We were up in the far north, chasin' down some stolen documents. We had almost caught up with the thief, but found ourselves in a situation we couldn't talk our way out of. Push comes to shove, and we find ourselves outnumbered and in serious peril of dyin', so we pull out all of the stops.

    "In the end, due to some use of fire weapons, we managed to damage the documents. We got them back, but I sure think we lost an opportunity there, as come critical parts were gone. We averted disaster, but only just.

    "Maybe that isn't a failure in your eyes but it was an eye opener of mine. We got lulled into a false sense of security, but this taught me I needed some help, so perhaps it won't come to fightin'"

    He ponders that statement. "And havin' grown up in a monastery, where we practiced our martial skills for decades, that's a hard realization to come to. Tar Kuata's a beautiful place, but a bit harsh, too. Makes for some strong dwarves, in both head and fist, but sometimes it pays to give a little."

    diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Versatile Human (Kellid) | HP 73/73 AC: 22 | F: +11 R: +13, W: +12 (Resist Cold: 1) | +12 (E, +14 Seek your target.)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Indeed, though the story is devoid of fantastic elements. I spent most of the last couple of years training alone in the wilderness. I'm bad at human friends, so that was fine by me. My people have a long history of using animals to help them with tasks. While hunting one day I spied him following me, clearly looking to partake of anything I left behind."

    Theragond pets the bird, adding a solid neck scratch that Kvass leans into. "I obliged, leaving choice bits behind. This became a pattern. Eventually I lured him directly too me through the old ways of intermittent morsels. We've been companions ever since."


    Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | Dinner at Lionlodge slides

    Kesstraka nods. Animals are wise enough to choose their companions, she says, admiring the falcon, and their judgement will tell you much abou—

    A faint hissing sound is the only warning as a terrible lizardlike creature with eight legs and an unsettling gaze wends its way through the garden and toward the terrace, suddenly snapping its jaws menacingly! Nature check is the relevant Recall Knowledge skill.

    initiative:
    Brynn Bear-Talker: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
    Cilik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Sun Fire Boom Boom: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Theragond: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
    Thulgrun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
    Tybekk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
    basilisk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

    Round 1
    Tybekk — GO
    Thulgren — GO
    baddie — TBD
    Cilik — TBD
    Brynn Bear-Talker — TBD
    Sun Fire Boom Boom — TBD
    Thulgrun — TBD

    Horizon Hunters

    HP 43/43 | AC 20, 21 with Shield | F+7 R+11 W+8 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 Hero Point: 0

    Tybekk attempts to recall knowledge on what he is facing.

    Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    "Watch oot mae lady. Somebody let their nasty pet lizard oot and now its lookin fer food. We'll take care of it fer yae. This willnae take a minute."

    Tybekk does not recognize what the eight legged lizard is, but he doesn't like the looks of it. The dwarf draws his shortsword and moves in closer to protect Kestrakka.

    "Hey, yae nasty beastie. Scram! Dae yae ken what that means?! Get lost! Yae willnae get ana food frae us."

    Grand Archive

    LG Male (he/his) forge dwarf monk 8 | HP 119/122 | AC 23, Stance 27 ( Stronghold 29), +4 v mvmt Reactions| Fort +17; Ref +14; Will +18 | Perc: +15(E) (Darkvision) | Speed 30ft (25 in stance) | Ki Points: 1/1, Hero Points 1/3 | Resist Fire: 4, Electricity: 5, Negative 1| Active conditions: Stance, Sickened 1 | Exploration Mode: Search

    ”Time to repel the attack of the beast!” calls out Thulgrun.
    He strides to the lizard, enters into Mountain Stance, and attacks with a flurry of blows (he will attack non lethal in case this is a pet).

    Falling stone: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 falling stone, striking: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11
    Falling stone: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 5 = 20 falling stone, forceful, striking: 2d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 + 2 = 17

    51 to 100 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Thunderspirit's Gameday IX — PFS2 1-23: The Star-Crossed Court Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.