GM Anthorg's Rise of the Runelords - everyone's a cleric!

Game Master Anthorg

This is a Rise of the Runelords campaign. All players can only pick cleric levels.

Pictures

Combat maps


1 to 50 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

The day is warmer than usual. People are working hard. Tomorrow is the Swallowtail festival and, not only is it an opportunity to bring in money and fresh faces into town, but the people are anxious to acknowledge that the Great Unpleasantness is behind them.

People are washing their clothes, counting stocks and putting up decorations. Signs are being repainted, floors are being swept and the air smells of candy. The town has more than four times the usual number of people and the inns are practically full.

One particular inn, the Rusty Dragon, run by a hard Tian-Min woman known as Ameiko Kaijitsu is crawling with people, who are drinking and singing.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,

Sandpoint. I'm here at last, he thought. A smile spread across his face as he walked into town looking around at the excitement and activity. Seems he'd arrived just in time for a festival. What a great time for him to have a large crowd to see his amazing acting skills.

He adjusted his hat, somewhat of a floppy and oversized red beret complete with a sizeable purple plume, adjusted his leather form-fitted vest over his purple doublet, and began looking about. A town like this with a thriving theater must surely have a temple to Shelyn. Perhaps he should ask one of his local fans-to-be.

He approached a local shopkeeper who was decorating for this "Swallowtail festival," Peculiar name for a festival, and gave her a broad smile saying, "Pardon me, my good woman, but I just wanted to compliment you on how splendid your decorations are!" He then paused a moment and smiled and nodded as she accepted the compliment and shared information that he, honestly, didn't care about pertaining to how much she decorated this year versus last year and blah blah blah. As she finished, he resumed his side of the conversation with, "Well, you truly have a great eye for decoration. Oh, and it just occurred to me to ask, do you know where I could find the local temple of Shelyn and where I might find an inn that still has rooms to rent? I've only just arrived in town you see."

And I'll leave it there since I don't know if there is a temple, if there is room (and if so I'm guessing it's at the Rusty Dragon, but Dart wouldn't know that), and I don't know if there were relevant NPC's that you wanted the shopkeeper to be, hence didn't really give voices or specific details for her.


Mind you, there was no swallowtail festival last year

The young woman putting up the decorations looks to the young man as she's finishing to put up some little flags of various colors. "Why thank you, kind man. Would you help me, please? Hold this."

As they finish the work, she tells him "Make sure you come tomorrow during the festival. Me and my sister will be providing the best bread in town. Also, there'll be some surprise sweets you'll want to check out. Uhm, inn, huh? You look like you would enjoy the Cracktooth's Tavern just northwest of the theater in the town center. I'd stay clear of the Fatman's Feedbag. It has a bad reputation, you see? Lot's of fighting. The White Deer is a clean and respectable place and also cheaper than the Rusty Dragon, by far the most popular. They should all have some vacancy. Most people there aren't staying there, only drinking."

It seems the woman wants to keep on talking.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,

Cracktooth's Tavern is near the theater? Sound like the perfect fit indeed, he thinks. A perceptive young lady.

"So very kind of you to offer so many wonderful recommendations," he says with a smile, "and if you and your delightful sister will be providing not only bread but surprise sweets you can be assured that wild horses couldn't drag me away," he says, likely to forget all about it later, but fully invested in the character he's portraying at the moment. "And to my other question, my dear, is there a temple of Shelyn in town? I'm a cleric in her service, and not to brag, a rather accomplished actor. That's what brought me here, actually, what with your fabulous theater and all. Oh," he says, suddenly realizing that he'd neglected to introduce himself, and after all, how can she tell all her friends about the charming actor she met if she doesn't know his name, "and by the way, my name is Darthain Brindleflame, but you may call me" he says taking her hand and giving a flourishing bow, "Dart."

Oh, didn't realize the Swallowtail Festival wasn't just an annual thing for them. I suppose that's just evidence of how minimally my previous campaigns got into the adventure path.

And can I ask about the woman's appearance (blonde or redhead, slender or stout, tall or short, etc)? I just appreciate being able to visualize the characters. It's fine if not, just a personal preference.


AC17, T11, FF16, CMD13, HP10/[10], Cond: Healthy Mv. 20. F +4, R +1, W +4, Init +3, Perc +4, Sen Mot +2 Ch. Energy 4/[4] DC12/14 v. Undead. Resist cold/acid/electric 5 Female Tien Scion of Humanity Aasimar Cleric/1 (Cleric Fav. class)

Izumi was in her normal clothing, bustling around the Rusty Dragon, helping finalise the decorations while those working the tavern tried to manage the large crowd.

Father said that staying in the Kaijitsu clans favor was a good idea but truthfully Izumi did it because she liked Ameiko. Besides, it kept the butterflies in her stomach somewhat quiet. On tomorrow's dawn nothing would be the same. Tomorrow she'd be revealed to Sandpoint, and more particularly to its small Tien and Minkai community as it's new - and only - Priestess of Shizuru.

You're out of white ribbons Onēsan Izumi yelled out to Ameiko as the innkeeper juggled tray of tankards and platter of plates.


Cleric of Torag 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 16 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +5 (+3 vs poison, spells, SP) | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 stonecunning)| Channel Energy 1/2, Acid Dart 5/6 | Buffs: - | Wound Threshold: Healthy

"A kingdom for an ale!" Dolgrin announces when entering the Rusty Dragon. He was dressed in simple clothes, more or less suited for travelling, but they did have dirt all over them. He looks like he could use a bath much more than a drink. At least he was polite enough to use the doormat and leave the mud on his feet outside.
When he entered he had his heavy pick on one shoulder and his axe on the other and hesitated to find a place where to store them. When he saw Ameiko running around and serving guests he shouted at her. "Lady, where could I store these while I feast?"


@Dart: The young woman is blond and her body shows signs of manual labor, with tiny burns in her hands and strong arms. Despite her look of experience, she is quite young, probably in her early twenties.

Dart notices that the young woman blushes slightly as he exagerates the interest in her sweets. She is a little slow to understand his question about the temple, with the new cathedral and all. Before she is able to collect her thoughts, Dart introduces himself a little galliantly, which makes her fully blush this time. "Oh!", she giggles as he takes his hand. With an awfully awkward curtsy, she says "Aneka is my name, beautif... I mean, gentle man. I, uhm... I'm not sure what you mean with the temple. You are aware of the new cathedral, aren't you? I mean, as a cleric you should know!" She giggles again nervously.

@Dart: I have to ask. Did you read the Player's Guide to the campaign?

@Izumi: I'm sure you had a background text in the recruitment. Could you include that in your sheet, please?

Ameiko, whose mood drastically improved by having Izumi helping her, replies with "Could you get me some more with Ven? Oh wait, talk to Bethana, she might have a list of things to grab. I'll pay you back!" Bethana, the halfling, looked up with almost child-like eyes and handed a list of things that were needed, namely butter, strawberry jam, soap and nails. However, a patron entering the inn orders some ale and wakes Bethana from her mesmerized look and she bursts back into service.

Izumi knows that Ven owns the general store near the north portion of the harbor.

Despite the dust and smell that Dolgrin brings into the Rusty Dragon, not many people pay him any mind. It seems this is the place to go if you're a traveller. Ameiko, a woman of exotic beauty who is collecting dirty dishes from a table full of bearded men, looks at the entering dwarf and says loudly "Just bring them to the counter, I'll take care of them." As she finishes saying so, a halfling woman comes up to Dolgrin holding a large clay mug full of beer.

I'll add a Google document with pictures of the people you're encountering in a sec.


AC17, T11, FF16, CMD13, HP10/[10], Cond: Healthy Mv. 20. F +4, R +1, W +4, Init +3, Perc +4, Sen Mot +2 Ch. Energy 4/[4] DC12/14 v. Undead. Resist cold/acid/electric 5 Female Tien Scion of Humanity Aasimar Cleric/1 (Cleric Fav. class)

Done, including the amendment you wanted

Thats quite a walk... I'll enjoy it.

Izumi then looked down at Bethana's list and frowned slightly.

Butter, strawberry jam, soap and nails... I better grab one of the baskets from the kitchen, she decided.

She moved through the thong of drinkers and snagged a basket from inside the kitchen door.

Back soon!, Izumi said, hustling to the door.


I'll wait for Jonathan to post so I can move things along faster. Good friendly RP so far, everyone


Female Gnome Cleric 1 - HP: 3/8 (wounded) - AC: 17/ T: 12/ FF: 16- Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4- CMB: +0, CMD: 11- Speed: 20 - Perception: +4- Init: +1

sorry was working overnight shift and spent lots of time in bed

The Goblin Squash stables were a bit more busy than usual since Poppy and her mother arrived last week. Sitting outside is what appears to be a young girl with long silver hair tied up into twin pony tails, dressed in simple clothing working hard to train a dog nearly double her size. working with the young girl was human by the e of Daviren, teaching her the ins and outs of training a dog.

Poppy, dear could you go to the market for some flour? I need to make more cookies since someone ate nearly half of them while they were cooling last night. came another female voice from a small shack near the stables.

The small girl looks rather guilty of the suspected cookie eating crime. But mom, I have to train Spot.

do that later her mother replied more sternly.

Alright Poppy responded with a bit of disappointment.in her voice.

she checks her money pouch and starts to head off. with spot in tow. Heel spot she says, practicing new commands for Spot.

passing by the Rusty Dragon there is a large amount of commotion going on as more visitors arrive in town. now even more distracted from her task Poppy pauses at the entrance. looking to Spot, you hungry? I'll bet Meeka has some bones for ya, If you behave. Poppy says to Spot.

now fully distracted from her task Poppy heads on in.

She stands in the doorway for a bit, her eyes wide at all the different folks in town.

All the conversation is rather rudely interrupted as Spot announces their presence. BARK!


The dog's bark has hardly brought the attention of the people in the inn. There seems to be a commotion as two bulky men are in an arm wrestling competition. A few moments later, they seem to be bragging that they each will win the competition during the festival.


Female Gnome Cleric 1 - HP: 3/8 (wounded) - AC: 17/ T: 12/ FF: 16- Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4- CMB: +0, CMD: 11- Speed: 20 - Perception: +4- Init: +1

Poppy works her way through the crowd. dodging lots of legs of the larger folk. Hey Meeka! You have any bones for Spot? she calls out looking for the proprietor. Spot in the meantime starts sniffing around the floor looking for dropped scraps on the floor.


So, I can't found any reference of who Meeka is. I actually think I need help here XD

Grand Lodge

Google has nothing... but I did find a Meeka, Sandpoint dog ;)

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,

I'm guessing Meeka is a nickname or mispronunciation of Ameiko?

And yes, I've looked through the players guide, but Dart hasn't and he came to town totally focused on the theater. Now that he's here, he is realizing he knows literally nothing about the town itself, so it was just some roleplay with him asking about the temple to give my non-focused character an understanding of his context.

"Oh yes, the new cathedral," Dart said smoothly, "As I said, I've been traveling, so it must have slipped my mind in the midst of so many other adventures I've had on the road," and he takes a moment to stand as if in reminiscence of these alleged "adventures" so that the young lady can create her own ideas of what these amazing adventures may have been, but not quite long enough to let her ask before he continues with, "So, I suppose I should go see about getting that room over at the Cracktooth's Tavern. It has been a joy making your acquintance, Aneka," and he takes her hand and gives a bow again, this time brushing his lips lightly against the back of her hand. "Until we meet again," and he turns to head off to the Cracktooth's Tavern.


HP: 9 (9) | AC:18; T: 10; FF: 18 | Fort: +2; Ref: +0; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | CMB: +1; CMD: 11 Channel Entropy: 8 (8)

Jonathan sat in his room above, trying his hand at poetry.

It was not going well.

Finally, he ripped the piece of parchment into confetti then threw it about the room with a frustrated growl.

Really, what do you rhyme with Amethyst, anyway?

Sighing, he collected up the ripped up shreds of parchment and added it to the stack.

"I can't stay here doing this. I'll go insane." he declared aloud to no one in particular. Grabbing his coat, he started to put it on then opened the window instead and, after seeing that it was a rather lovely day outside, dejectedly tossed it on the bed.

Jonathan was dressed in a dark blue silk shirt and black leather breeches, as was the current style in Taldor, at least as current as any style could be in Athkatla. Shaking his head, he walked downstairs and noticed the decorations.

"What's going on here?" he asked, to no one in particular.


Very well, Dart. I didn't know he was that absent minded.

Aneka responded with another curtsy and pretended not to watch Dart move away. He eventually reaches the desired Tavern and as he goes in, he notices it is not as full as he hoped. It could hold three times as many people, and the apparent owner looks like a thug. But as he opens his mouth, a different image is transmitted "Oh, hi! Welcome to my place. If you like the arts, I believe you'll fit right in!"

All the patrons look at Dart standing by the door and he can immediately tell the man is right. Only one of the tables doesn't sport a musical instrument, and it is filled with paper with what seem like poetry in writing.

As Jonathan goes into the common room, Ameiko, the woman who took care that he got to his room, answers him "Why there's a festival in town. Isn't that why you're here?"

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,
Quote:
Very well, Dart. I didn't know he was that absent minded.

Yes, he is absolutely a make-it-up-as-you-go-and-improvise sort of fellow. He's an actor. He loves improv ;=)

Dart smiled as the thuggish-looking proprietor recognized the obvious air of an actor that Dart surely emanates and walked up to book a room, also taking a moment to introduce himself. Never hurts to ensure he's more well-known before he has his first performance...wherever and whenever that may be. He'll figure those details out later.

Stashing what little extra gear he brought with him in his room, and ensuring the door was locked, he makes his way into the common room of the tavern and begins to ingratiate himself with the local art community by stopping by each table for brief bit of introductions and chatting, and he also circles back around to chat up the owner. Any and all connections ensures he'll find his best route to Sandpoint's stage!


Female Gnome Cleric 1 - HP: 3/8 (wounded) - AC: 17/ T: 12/ FF: 16- Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4- CMB: +0, CMD: 11- Speed: 20 - Perception: +4- Init: +1
GM Anthorg - RotR wrote:
So, I can't found any reference of who Meeka is. I actually think I need help here XD

Meeka is a nickname for Ameiko. sorry should have made a note of that


Dart, please give me a Gather Info check. BTW, the Swallowtail festival is a yearly event, but in my head this is the first time this town is celebrating it. Sorry for the confusion

Ameiko recognizes Poppy and says "Ask Marso for some, honey." Marso, the young cook, has started working recently in the Rusty Dragon. He always has something for Spot, and usually sneaks in a treat for Poppy also.


AC17, T11, FF16, CMD13, HP10/[10], Cond: Healthy Mv. 20. F +4, R +1, W +4, Init +3, Perc +4, Sen Mot +2 Ch. Energy 4/[4] DC12/14 v. Undead. Resist cold/acid/electric 5 Female Tien Scion of Humanity Aasimar Cleric/1 (Cleric Fav. class)

Izumi catches sight of the diminutive gnome.

Shes a bit busy now... but you can come with me to the general store Poppy.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,
Quote:
BTW, the Swallowtail festival is a yearly event, but in my head this is the first time this town is celebrating it. Sorry for the confusion

I knew it was an annual festival for the Desnan church, but I was just taking your word for it that this is their first time celebrating it. If the GM says it's true, it is! ;=)

Diplomacy to Gather Information: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Dart being Dart, he'd probably lie to get info, so if you'd let him do gather information as bluff, it's 3 higher, but I rolled it as diplomacy since that's the common go-to for it.


Talking in the inn helps Dart learn that the tavern owner, Jesk "Cracktooth" Berinni is actually well read and the man to talk to about theater is Cyrdak Drokkus, but he is usually hard to reach.


Cleric of Torag 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 16 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +5 (+3 vs poison, spells, SP) | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 stonecunning)| Channel Energy 1/2, Acid Dart 5/6 | Buffs: - | Wound Threshold: Healthy

As the halfling woman offers him a mug of beer, Dolgrin immediately takes it. "Thank you so much, little lady. Oh and could you bring these to the counter and put them away for storage? I'd like to stay for the night, if you have a room available, that is..."
With very complicated movements the clumsy dwarf tries to make a switch with the halfling. The beer mug for his two weapons that are way too large for the small servant. "And then something to eat." He remembered his manners only after a split moment. "Please"


HP: 9 (9) | AC:18; T: 10; FF: 18 | Fort: +2; Ref: +0; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | CMB: +1; CMD: 11 Channel Entropy: 8 (8)

"Sorry lady Ameiko. I spent most of the night...doing bookwork, and had completely forgotten."


Female Gnome Cleric 1 - HP: 3/8 (wounded) - AC: 17/ T: 12/ FF: 16- Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4- CMB: +0, CMD: 11- Speed: 20 - Perception: +4- Init: +1
Izumi Shinano wrote:

Izumi catches sight of the diminutive gnome.

Shes a bit busy now... but you can come with me to the general store Poppy.

That comment suddenly reminded Poppy of her mission Oh yeah, right mom wanted more flour. I'll go with you lady Shinano.

Poppy whistles back come on Spot, we'll stop on the way back.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,
Quote:
Talking in the inn helps Dart learn that the tavern owner, Jesk "Cracktooth" Berinni is actually well read and the man to talk to about theater is Cyrdak Drokkus, but he is usually hard to reach.

Cyrdak Drokkus, Dart thought to himself. That's the same name I got from the performer I met in Absalom. The same name I wrote to and never heard a response from. I think I need to try a new tactic. Maybe this festival nonsense could be my in. Yes. I met that sweet little baker girl, so I could get a cupcake or something from her to take to Drokkus and then further endear myself to him by offering, as a cleric of Shelyn, to say a prayer for the continued success of his theater... and so, he continued making up something resembling a plan.

Of course, further ensuring that he's making all the beneficial connections he can, Dart makes sure to stop by the parchment covered table before leaving for the bakery. After all, this might be a poet who needs someone to publicly recite the verse being written or, if Dart is particularly lucky, might be a playwright in need of a lead actor.


Izumi and Poppy manage to get their wares in Ven Vinder's General Store. The day goes by and Dolgrin is offered the Blue room. The patrons in the Rusty Dragon have calmed down over time, but at night the music was back up and it was full and noisy again.

After trying to reach Cyrdak, Dart learns that he is busy arranging the play to be announced at the festival. But he also learns that the Rusty Dragon is the place to be in town, if not for the music, certainly for the new people.

During the party, Ameiko herself steps on the stage and performs some light-hearted upbeat songs which Dolgrin notices makes drinks flow more to the tables. Bethana, the halfling, works hard despite her age and with the help of another local young girl, Inest, barely manages to keep the patrons' mugs full. It is hard for Jonathan to ignore the noise at that time.

The decorations are set and people go to sleep excited. Morning comes and the town seems to be up early. The smell of fresh baked bread permeates the town everywhere. In the streets, games are being set and stalls, which were put together the day before, are starting to get filled with wares, especially in the marketplace near the harbor. Farmers are coming in with fruits, vegetables and some meat. Hunters bring game.

Linked to the marketplace is Festival Street, appropriately named since it is filled with people coming up and down. Although the southern part of town is where the bulk of the festival will take place, the main event is in front of the new cathedral uptown. Most of the locals can't tell if it's called uptown because it is towards the north or because it is actually in elevated ground, compared to the south. Also, there will be games everywhere in town.

The expectations are high and people are happy. It is completely impossible to sleep in, not for the noise, but for the energy in the air.


HP: 9 (9) | AC:18; T: 10; FF: 18 | Fort: +2; Ref: +0; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | CMB: +1; CMD: 11 Channel Entropy: 8 (8)

Jonathan rose early, a new plan at the forefront of his thoughts: maybe I can get her a gift? Something with just a dash of the exotic?

The idea then popped into his head as he ate his breakfast: A secret admirer!

but what to get her? What mere token does one get the most perfect example of womanhood?

Clearly, this would take some careful planning.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,

Dart awoke in mild confusion. There was a girl's face he'd been dreaming of and it wasn't Shelyn. It was...what was her name again...Aneka! That's it. Why was I dreaming of her? he wondered, but he then noticed the scent hanging in the air.

Bread. Yes, the unmistakable scent of bread and pastries and other such baked goods was heavy in the air, and paying closer attention, the hint of sweet things. Hadn't she said something about bread and...sweet treats, was it? No, surprise sweets, that was it.

And with these thoughts of baked goods and sweet surprises in mind, Dart set off down the stairs and exited Crookteeth's Tavern, saying a polite good morning to the staff and those who were up early or never left their tables from the night before. Tavern fare was fine for other days, but he was following his nose to breakfast this morning.

He found himself walking in the direction of the bakery with his mind already trying to figure out a way he could get some stage time somewhere during the festival. Seemed like quite the festivities and such going on at the Rusty Dragon the night before from what he'd heard. Maybe he'd try there tonight. Could be the round-about approach to finding his place on stage at Sandpoint's Theater.

He looked around taking in the energy and joyfulness of the town and its people as he walked towards the bakery. Soon, he thought, they will all be my fans and maybe, just maybe, that will be enough to get Shelyn to appear to me.


Cleric of Torag 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 16 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +5 (+3 vs poison, spells, SP) | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 stonecunning)| Channel Energy 1/2, Acid Dart 5/6 | Buffs: - | Wound Threshold: Healthy

"That was quite a performance..." Dolgrin said to Ameiko, before he went to his room. It was not very late, because he was tired from his journey. "One might think your dancing enouraged those people to drink just a little more than they planned to." Dolgrin told the innkeeper with a friendly, but strict voice.

Because he went in early, he didn't mind to awake to the sounds of preparations and the smell of bread. Like everyone else, he grabbed a quick breakfast, but only a small one, to be able to enjoy the famous bread, he had heard about the night before. He packed his stuff, payed his bill and told Bethana that he cleared his room. He added that he might come back for another night, Depending on how long the festivities went. Otherwise he had urgent business in Magnimar and might head on in the afternoon.


Ameiko has been up since early in the morning and notices Jonathan and bids him good morning. She does the same shortly after, when Dolgrin comes.

Dart comes to Aneka's bakery, which he learns is called Sandpoint Savories. He finds a woman slightly older than Aneka putting forth some freshly baked bread, butter, jam, ham, cheeses and honey. Some early customers are there having some different combinations and from their reactions, it seems that it is tasty.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,

Approaching Sandpoint Savories, Dart greets the woman slightly older than Aneka with, "Good morning, m'lady," as he gives a polite bow, "you must be Aneka's sister. She told me yesterday you have the best breads in town, and from the smell of it, she was speaking only truth," and he flashes her a smile.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC17, T11, FF16, CMD13, HP10/[10], Cond: Healthy Mv. 20. F +4, R +1, W +4, Init +3, Perc +4, Sen Mot +2 Ch. Energy 4/[4] DC12/14 v. Undead. Resist cold/acid/electric 5 Female Tien Scion of Humanity Aasimar Cleric/1 (Cleric Fav. class)

In the small fenced off garden behind her parents home Izumi breath was slow and deep, a light sweat drying on her skin. The slow and measured sword exercises that made up part of her morning was lightly strenuous but always served to settle her mind.

"Both my sword and my swordplay have been entrusted to me by those who have mastered their craft, and both deserve to be wielded by a skilled hand. My training will be consistent, and I will impart my training to others, as others passed my training down to me", she recited in her thoughts, mind falling easily into long established meditative routine, and concluded the initial component of her morning obedience's to The Sun Empress.

Unlike most days, it had been done in the grey pre-dawn light rather than under the rays of the morning sun.

She bowed to the East and then moved to the small family shrine and lit a stick of incense from one of the two lanterns that stood along side it. She clapped her hands together to draw attention from any of her ancestors or Kami present to bear witness to her prayers as she honoured those who came before, and dedicated her deeds of the coming day to their memory, vowing that deeds in the day to come will bring honour to them.

Izumi-Chan, it is time, her mother said softly. I have drawn your bath and Father Zantus will be here to officiate soon.

In short order she bathed and with her mother's assistance, clothed herself in her new armour and ceremonial accoutrements. Her parents had no access to the armour of Minkai, their homeland but the armour they commissioned had Tien flourishes and accents. The silk ceremonial armour however was authentic, painstakingly sewn by her mother and her friends over the last two months. She settled her family's katana into her woven sash belt then sat in a kneeling position, silently waiting.

She could hear the priest talking with her parents, the quiet voices carrying in the early morning stillness. Then the sliding door opened with a slight 'clack'. Another door also slid open, then another. There was a whispered intake of breath from the small crowd gathered within the house, as they beheld the vision before them. She could just hear a few muttered comments from some of the gathered members of the Tien community of Sandpoint.

This will bring good fortune to us all... it will be good to have one of The Radiant Goddesses priests here at last, one rejoiced

There are fewer of us here than I thought we'd have, a man said, disappointment tinging his tone.

The Kaijitsu disapprove, another voice replied. Her fathers voice. Lonjiku can't bear the thought of another family gaining any importance or Face that he himself does not bestow. The others will come around in time.

Father Zanthus moved in from of Izumi, walking on stockinged feet.

I do hope I won't butcher the language too much, he said with a hushed jovial nervousness.

Izumi couldn't help but smile.

I as well. That's my parents one disappointment

Well... , he related again, the same as he had three days ago. I've re-checked it again. Your...errr... church does have documents, old to be sure, allowing Clergy of Desna to act in their behalf for a limited range of ceremonies. What we do today is not official, not until one of your hierarchy ratifies it at any rate. I've prayed on it and The Great Dreamer approves. I am ready... are you?

Dawns light streamed over the pair, bathing the scene in the Sun Goddesses blessing of light and warmth.

Truly All Under Heaven’s Gaze Is Beauty, she thought in wonder.

She nodded.

Father Zanthus paused to pray silently then began to intone the opening words of the ceremony that would change her life, forever.

Shinano Izumi, he said, his accent and pronunciation perfect, magically aided by a Prayer to Desna. The peerless jewel and the glory of heaven, Shizuru is the most exalted deity in the pantheons of Tian Xia, worshipped by mortals, spirits, and dragons alike. She rules the Heavenly Bureaucracy with wisdom and benevolence and embodies the virtues of honor, reverence to one’s ancestors, and unyielding bravery...

As she is charged, you too are, with ensuring the fertility of the soil, the health of the rivers, and the bounty of farm and field upon which civilization depends. Beneath Shizuru’s golden gaze, the land flourishes, and its people are blessed....


The woman introduces herself to Dart "Oh, Aneka did say there was a new gallant in town. I see she was not wrong. I'm Arika, a delight to meet you. Here, 5 copper pieces will get you a slice with cheese and ham, or one of the sweet ones."

At this moment, an elderly lady walks out of the bakery holding a platter. The lady is not smiling, but dutifully puts down the platter next to Arika. Aneka comes out hopping seconds later. She has dough all over her apron and a little on her face, but she doesn't care as she announces "And now, for the festival surprise, our new invention: The Sandpoint Devil cookie!" As expected, as Dart looks at the cookie, it looks like a devilish creature of folk tales. Other than that it seems like an ordinary raisin cookie. "Oh hi, Dart", Aneka says blushing.

Meanwhile, with the Shinano family. BTW, where is this ceremony taking place?

As the ceremony ends, Father Zanthus says [b]"It is an honor to have a cleric of Shizuru in Sandpoint. I am sure your officiation and the consecration of the new cathedral are not coincidence. Please let me know whenever you need anything. Now, does the etiquette require a special celebration? I do not want to be late for the festival's opening speech.


AC17, T11, FF16, CMD13, HP10/[10], Cond: Healthy Mv. 20. F +4, R +1, W +4, Init +3, Perc +4, Sen Mot +2 Ch. Energy 4/[4] DC12/14 v. Undead. Resist cold/acid/electric 5 Female Tien Scion of Humanity Aasimar Cleric/1 (Cleric Fav. class)
GM Anthorg - RotR wrote:


Meanwhile, with the Shinano family. BTW, where is this ceremony taking place?

As the ceremony ends, Father Zanthus says "It is an honor to have a cleric of Shizuru in Sandpoint. I am sure your officiation and the consecration of the new cathedral are not coincidence. Please let me know whenever you need anything. Now, does the etiquette require a special celebration? I do not want to be late for the festival's opening speech.

It was a family home affair... the local Tien community doesn't have a community shrine etc. only family/home ones

There will be a celebration now but we all know how important this day is to you. Please feel free to leave whenever you must, Izumi's mother said, beaming as she shook the priests hand like a waterless pump handle.

Yes, as my mother said, leave as you need... and we will all be at the Cathedral for your dedication. We are all of Sandpoint too! Everyone is excited by it. Everyone has helped in building it in some way - it's now a part of us all.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,

In response to what is apparently nothing more than an overly hyped raisin cookie, Dart says, loudly enough for the other patrons to overhear, "Good heavens, Aneka, you have truly outdone yourself! Quite the culinary artist indeed! I'll have one of these masterpieces as my dessert, a slice of your scrumptious bread with cheese and ham as my main course, and this," he says more quietly, producing a gold piece, "should cover the food and the rest is for you, dear gal. And perhaps, when you have a moment, I could enjoy the pleasure of your company, even if only for a moment" Because after all, he reasons, my favorite pastry gal here just might have some insights into Master Drokkus. I mean, it's a small town, there's gossip, and an eating establishment is a hot bed for such talk.

Not sure if it's buffet style or if he is served, but either he gets his food and then goes to a table of his own or finds a table of his own and waits for food to be brought over. Regardless, he's going to at least create the opportunity for Aneka to come over, and just maybe, give him some insights about how to get his foot in the door with Drokkus. And yes, my blue-haired boy is so focused on the theater that he isn't noticing that Aneka seems a little smitten. He just perceives her as another fan. He gets tunnel vision like when he came to Sandpoint just for the theater, so learned nothing about Sandpoint itself.


Dart pays for his treats and as he looks around for a place to sit, he realizes there aren't any. Aneka hears Dart's invitation and her sister frowns at him disapprovingly. Aneka pretends she didn't hear him.

Sense Motive (Dart only) DC 12:

The women think Dart is being impolite. He seems to be courting them, but in such a small town, a court requires more time and effort.

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"I apologize, ma'am," Dart says quickly to Aneka, "it occurs to me my words may have come across as overstepping boundaries. I simply hoped to ask you more about your town and the festival, being a stranger as I am," he says, realizing he seems to have crossed some sort of social boundary, though not entirely understanding what it was.

In case you need it to see how well he smoothed things over with his fast-talking, Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


That is one smooth talker. Plus nine!

Aneka smiles at him and says "I'll be very busy today. Why don't you come around another day? I'll bake something for you."

Grand Lodge

Melee: masterwork longspear +1 (1d8) 10 ft. reach; Ranged: dagger +0 (1d4) 20 ft. range, 6/6 round of Inspire Courage Half-Elf Evangelist Cleric of Shelyn 1, Perception +6, 9/9 HP; AC 13, touch 10, FF 13; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +6, 7/7 Adoration,
Quote:
That is one smooth talker. Plus nine!

His Half-Elf skill focus bonus feat went into bluff ;=)

"I would be honored," he says with a slight bow, "until then, m'lady," he adds as his farewell and starts off, food in hand...and arm...it's a decent bit of food, actually, but he strolls along munching and heading generally in the direction of this new cathedral people seem to be talking about hoping he might see a statue of Shelyn to help remind him of his purpose...and maybe give him a little divine assistance in finding a way to get his audience with Drokkus so that Sandpoint can become Dart's audience.

Hmm, this raisin cookie is actually rather tasty.


Waiting for Poppy to wake up on festival day


HP: 9 (9) | AC:18; T: 10; FF: 18 | Fort: +2; Ref: +0; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | CMB: +1; CMD: 11 Channel Entropy: 8 (8)

Jonathon considers the offerings from various stalls and settles on an arrangement of items from a variety of them.

Are there any stalls that are selling, jewelry, figurines, or crystals?


Female Gnome Cleric 1 - HP: 3/8 (wounded) - AC: 17/ T: 12/ FF: 16- Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4- CMB: +0, CMD: 11- Speed: 20 - Perception: +4- Init: +1

hey all sorry, posted in discussion first

Poppy had spent the prior evening with her mom baking cookies and pastries for the festival. not really to seel but rather as gifts for visitors.

Poppy spent the morning polishing the helm she made with her father. as she worked she would pause to wipe away a tear. She put on her best clothes and wore her hammer pendant proudly proclaiming her faith to Tor.

she slips on the black armband for mourning, as does her mother. and together they head out to the festival to greet newcomers to the town.

Poppy places the helm in a special box and heads out to the cathedral.

She cautiously approaches the door, a little nervous and not sure what to say ahh, Father Zanthus? not even sure if he is there. she only can hope that the arrangements have already been taken care of before her father had passed.


After asking some, Jonathan discovers that Ven Vinder's General Store near the town's center can have miscelaneous items. He is directed to uptown to search for Maver Kesk's store about jewelry. Also, the famous Sandpoint Glassworks should sell beautiful glass and crystal items. Finally, Hayliss' boutique near the harbor should have many items of various types imported from many places in the world.

Poppy realizes the spirits are high in town and the folk seems to think her cute and adorable. Some people more serious seem to think her strange to talk about a 'Tor', but turn their faces somewhere else instead of facing her. As she walks around town, she notices a few games being set up and a few lines forming. She can make out horseshoe throwing and she notices some children egg hunting too.

Sense Motive DC 10:

Some adults are looking for eggs too

As she comes to the cathedral, the doors are wide open and Father Zantus is very visible with a piece of paper in his hand. He seems to be learning whatever's on the paper by heart. As she approaches, Father Zantus says "Oh hello... Poppy, isn't it? Is there something I can do for you?"


Female Gnome Cleric 1 - HP: 3/8 (wounded) - AC: 17/ T: 12/ FF: 16- Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4- CMB: +0, CMD: 11- Speed: 20 - Perception: +4- Init: +1

sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

glancing around at the kids having fun, as well as some of the adults. she pauses to watch a moment. then remembering her task she moves on.

Quote:
As she comes to the cathedral, the doors are wide open and Father Zantus is very visible with a piece of paper in his hand. He seems to be learning whatever's on the paper by heart. As she approaches, Father Zantus says "Oh hello... Poppy, isn't it? Is there something I can do for you?"

Yes sir, she says nervously. I'm Poppy, well I guess you already knew that, anyway. I came here from Whistledown, well I came with my mom and dad, I mean dad got attacked by goblins on the way here, well actually we all got attacked. and my dad didn't make it. but I guess you knew that also. Your pretty smart, did you know that? Anyway My da and I made this for the new cathedral. we worked really hard on it. Its a helmet that is just like the one worn by Tor, he's a hero god that killed lots of giants. not like just human sized but real big giants. not that your a giant, but you are bigger than me and mom. anyway I'm just rambling...here

She hands the box to Father Zantus.


HP: 9 (9) | AC:18; T: 10; FF: 18 | Fort: +2; Ref: +0; Will: +5 | Init: +0 | CMB: +1; CMD: 11 Channel Entropy: 8 (8)

Jonathan travelled between the various recommended shops. At the first one, he purchased a silver chain of a length appropriate to fit around the waist; at each of the other shops, he purchased something that would easily hang from the silver bracelet: a glass crane and a glass tiger from the glassworks, a small silver bell from the Hayliss' Boutique, and two pairs of earrings from Maver Kesk's: one a pair of sapphires, and another a pair of emeralds.

Taking the rest of the afternoon in his room, he fashioned it into a charm bracelet, and then replaced it into the bag that the chain had come in.

Now, to figure out what the note should say...


AC17, T11, FF16, CMD13, HP10/[10], Cond: Healthy Mv. 20. F +4, R +1, W +4, Init +3, Perc +4, Sen Mot +2 Ch. Energy 4/[4] DC12/14 v. Undead. Resist cold/acid/electric 5 Female Tien Scion of Humanity Aasimar Cleric/1 (Cleric Fav. class)

Izumi thought to clean up after the breakfast celebration but no one would hear of it... and she was left to her own devices to do as she will. Still clad in her polished armour and gold embroidered ceremonial silk armour she wandered the town, exchanging greetings and with some embarrassment, explaining to her Taldan and Varisian neighbours that she had been ordained as a priestess in the morning, and that OF COURSE she would be along to the dedication at the Cathedral later in the day.

She decided that the Rusty Dragon might be good place to hide but then decided against it (not knowing how people would regard that) and then made up her mind to head to the Cathedral to see if she could help Father Zanthus in turn.


Cleric of Torag 1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 16 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +5 (+3 vs poison, spells, SP) | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 stonecunning)| Channel Energy 1/2, Acid Dart 5/6 | Buffs: - | Wound Threshold: Healthy

Left by his own, Dolgrin startet to explore the town. While walking around, breathing in the smell of fresh bread and getting all excited for the festivities, he noticed the old, ruined lighttower. And that's where he went. Old ruins fascinated him, and one could say, an old ruin is the reason here ended up here.


Father Zantus hears Poppy's offer and receives the box, deeply touched by the gnome's gift. He opens the box and looks at the helmet without touching it. "This seems very good work!", he says looking at it at different angles in the box. Frowning, he says "Would you tell me more of your god?" As Poppy replies to him, a boy comes running in and delivers a small parcel. The boy sees Poppy and immediately blushes. Father Zantus says "Thank you, Sid" Sid runs off staring Poppy and trips. He gets up and runs away. Father Zantus opens the parcel to find some sweet cookies and chuckles. He offers one of the cookies to Poppy, and she realizes they are shaped like some sort of folklore devil.

@Poppy: If you wish to talk to Father Zantus about Tor, please roll Perform (oratory) if you want it entertaining and your Lore (folklore) if you want it accurate.

Rolling some prices:

Silver bell: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Earings: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Jonathan finds the items he looked for at these prices:
Waist silver chain: 5gp
glass crane and glass tiger: 10gp (if bought together, 12gp if bought separate)
Silver bell: 40gp
Earings: 15gp

@Jonathan: Please roll Craft (jewelry)[/occ]

Izumi finds the townsfolk are a little dismissive of her new title. They are very focused on the festivities. By now, practically everyone has had a piece of the Sandpoint Devil cookie and they are exploring the town in search of games.

As she arrives at the cathedral, she sees Father Zantus with an open box in his hand, talking to Poppy, with whom she went to Vin's General Store the day before.

Dolgrin comes to the old lighthouse to study it. He notices that to his right there is a junk beach. A game is being set there by a fat, heavily tattooed half-orc. Apparently the game is to see if anyone can manage to throw one of various pieces of junk into the water. There are no players yet. To his left, a race game is being set down on the sand. The lighthouse itself is a wonder to behold and seems very old.

Knowledge (history) DC 20:
Old Varisian tales refer to it as the Old Light which cast beams of light.

Knowledge (history) DC 25:
The tales changed over time. Originally the Old Light might have served a purpose other than being a lighthouse.

[ooc]@Dolgrin: You may use your racial Stonecunning on these checks

1 to 50 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Anthorg's Rise of the Runelords - everyone's a cleric! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.