GM ZD Outpost III: Lions of Ketapesh (Inactive)

Game Master Z...D...


1 to 50 of 249 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

The Blooming Catastrophe

Dot in for adventure and move over to discussion.


The Blooming Catastrophe

GM: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

Dot in

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

Just before you arrive for your mission briefing the sound of bellowing laughter and a boisterously bass voice alerts you that at least one member of the team is already present. Rounding the corner reveals an aged Half-orc with a shaved head and a braided, grey beard laughing and half-heartedly attempting to retrieve a heavy, red cloak from a cat-sized, impish-looking monkey. The man lunges with exaggeratedly cumbersome motions, as though he were indulging the creature in a game of "keep away". When the monkey sees you, it screeches, drops the cloak and retreats, leaving the Half-orc to collect his dirtied garment.

As the man turns to look upon you, you see that his right eye is covered with a round metal eye patch, and his visible eye glows with a cyan hue. His protruding tusks are weathered, and his left one is broken in half. Although he's just over six-feet tall, age has turned what must have once been a muscular frame into a more wiry one.

"HAHAHAHA! Greetings!" he exclaims loudly as he opens his arms wide, allowing you a glimpse of faintly glowing tattooed patterns on his forearms that match the color of his single eye. "Don't mind old Yellow-Eyes. We go way back! HAHAHA! Name's Gruvok. Friends call me 'Gru'. Ladies call me 'Ugly'. Boys call me 'Geezer'. Take your pick or make up your own! HAHAHAHA!"

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

As Lyric is approaching the meeting place for the briefing, she is startled by the abrupt sound of laughter as a small monkey skitters by dragging behind it a heavy red cloak. The laughter, Lyric surmises, is coming from very large Half-Orc with a bald head and grey beard. Upon seeing this rather odd pair, Lyric smiles and begins to chuckle and reaches down to the monkey as it approaches. Whether it was Lyric's reaction to its antics or, perhaps, the layers of brightly colored cloth of blues, greens, purples, and gold that are traditional Song'O attire or, maybe, it was the face paint she had put on this morning -- masking her face in the shape of a butterfly -- because she was missing home, it was difficult to discern. However, one look at her and the monkey shrieked, dropped the cloak and ran off, suddenly reminding Lyric why she shouldn't wear face paint in the outside world.

Her head hanging in disgrace and shame, Lyric suddenly sees an arm with tattoos pick up the cloak and say very loudly, "HAHAHAHA! Greetings! Don't mind old Yellow-Eyes. We go way back! HAHAHA! Name's Gruvok. Friends call me 'Gru'. Ladies call me 'Ugly'. Boys call me 'Geezer'. Take your pick or make up your own! HAHAHAHA!"

Lyric looks up and believes she is standing before a giant. Among her people, Lyric was considered tall at 3'3" but this... This was the definition of "tall." She strained her neck to see the countenance of his face, noticing a hint of metal about the right eye socket (perhaps and eye patch?); his left eye seemed to give off a bluish glow about it. What little she could see suggested he had seen much and already she was thinking of the songs she could sing of this Orc... Bringing herself out of her daydream, she smiled, "Hello, my name is Lyric Earthsong. It is a pleasure to meet you, Gru... Gru-vok," she said extending her hand, trying desperately to remember all the appropriate cultural gestures and sayings. "I am sorry that I scared your old Yellow-Eyes. The face paint is... it's something from home. I forgot to remove it before coming to the meeting. Do you think I would have time to go remove it? I wouldn't want to frighten or upset anyone else..."

Horizon Hunters

CN M Human (Skilled) Monk 2 | AC 20 (22 with shield, 21 in burning ember stance) | Perception +5 | Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7 | Wolf Jaw +9 (agile, backstabber, finesse, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d8+2 P | Fire Talon +9 (agile, finesse, fire, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d4+2 F | HP 30/32 | Conditions --

"We're Pathfinders. We're not going to be upset by face paint, or horns and a tail for that matter. We've all seen far weirder things in our own lodges."

The man must have entered quietly while you were distracted. He's quite pale, and only looks paler with dark eyes, black hair with a few grey streaks, and grimy black fingernails. He's packed fairly light, just faded-black linen pants and a shirt that's seen better days, a sickle at his belt. And you notice a strange smoky scent.

"I'm István." And then a weird silence as he doesn't say anything else for a moment. "I'm supposed to be joining you for a... problem here?"

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

The Half-orc grins broadly before his deep voice rumbles in reply, "No need to leave, little Lyric."

He gives the cloak a good shake, and as he does, the tattoos on his arms glow. He shakes the cloak again, and the dust in the air turns into a dozen tiny butterflies that flit about momentarily before departing. The Half-orc then shoulders his cloak, now magically cleansed of dust.

"I can offer the same for your face paint, but the choice is yours."

EDIT: ha, Ascalaphus ninja'd me ^_^

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

She stands there in awe looking at the tattoos glow, "Umm, No, thank you. I was told. I I was simply told they were off putting. Scary? To some... Or, perhaps, the word is odd." Lyric looks down at her feet and scuffs the dirt for a moment, while worrying the threads of the fringe of her frock, "I'm sorry. I'm from the Song'O Clan. This is my first time out of the Mwangi Expanse.... I've only heard stories, tales and legends. I'm already making a mess of things. And, thank you for the offer but I like my paints, they remind me of home. If you don't think they will offend anyone, I would prefer to wear them. If that's alright?"

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 2 | HP 35/36 (S:5/20/20) | AC 20 | F +9 R +6(+3 vs damage) W +6 | Perception +8 Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2)

Orin, a stereotypically dour dwarf with a long red beard finally makes his presence known.

"Hi Thank's fer the introductions." he says dryly.

"Name's Orin, Orin Thunderstone."

While he doesn't immediately talk about it various pieces of Orin's heavy armor features heraldry consistent with the Knights of Lastwall.

Radiant Oath

Male Dwarf Monk (Student of Perfection Dedication) 2 / HP 34/34, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Clan's Edge

Once the dwarf arrives at the meeting point, the first thing he notices is that there is another dwarf mandated for this mission. That is bad luck. Because if the mission needs two dwarfs it means that it will be obviously difficult.

On the other hand, he's pleased to meet another member of his race.

His movements seem to be calculated, though really in advance. He doesn't touch anything by accident on his way but moves slightly until destination.

My name is Dran'Thul, from Dran'Thor's family and from Torgin's clan. Let's hope that Irori's wisdom guides us to the success in the tests we will face.

On his belt the dagger of his clan is hanging and a crossbow emerges from behind his back. Wearing no armor his clothing is the thread that separates her skin from the surrounding air.

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 3 / HP 35/35, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +7 Ref +6 Will +11 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 2/2, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

Finally a second human wearing a scale mail with a longsword at the belt joins the party. Around his neck hangs a wooden symbol with a sword and a sun.

Hello, my name's Dranald. Through my hands Iomedae will provide her help in this difficult mission.


The Blooming Catastrophe

The adventure begins in a meeting room in Katapesh, where the PCs are briefed on their mission by Yigrig Moneymaker, and older goblin, with a gold hoop in each ear. Few of his teeth, lost in his years, have golden replacement.

Yigrig Moneymaker, the powerful goblin merchant, slumps in a large chair. His face, normally so proud and assured, looks troubled. “It’s good to see you, Pathfinders! I have a lot of respect for the Society. You’ve been good to me in the past, and my family has aided you in return. But today I come before you, my hat in my hands, in need of help.

“My family and I have almost brokered a trade agreement between the cities of Solku and Oenopion. It’s a beneficial deal, one where Solku gains the materials it needs to defend itself, Oenopion gains a new trading partner, and everyone stands to make a heap of coin. There’s only one issue standing in the way of the negotiation being finalized: a bridge must be constructed over the Elemion River to facilitate safe travel between the two cities. My family is responsible for building and maintaining this bridge. It should have been a simple job… easy to pull off.

“It has been anything but easy.”

The old goblin leans forward. “Every morning at the work camp, it is discovered that more of my children have been pulled from their beds in the night, presumed dead. Every shipment of aid I send gets attacked. The last one I sent did not even arrive.

“There is a lot of money riding on this deal, but I admit this isn’t about money anymore. This is personal. Someone is harming my family and I can’t sit by and let that happen.

“I have contracted the Pathfinder Society to protect the bridge and surrounding work camp while construction is completed. I have a caravan ready to leave, filled with new workers and supplies for the bridge site. I want you on it. When you see it safely to the bridge site, I need you to stop the attacks on the camp by any means necessary until the job is complete. When you get to the work camp, you will meet my son Zig, the overseer of the project. Sweet kid… takes after his old man. He’ll be your liaison with the workers and see to your needs.

“Nothing is more important than family. Nothing. And so, I’m asking you to take care of mine. Our future is in your hands.”

The aged goblin waits for questions, that are sure to come.

Image added to slide.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 2 | HP 35/36 (S:5/20/20) | AC 20 | F +9 R +6(+3 vs damage) W +6 | Perception +8 Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2)

Orin sits and listens patiently to the goblin.

"Agreed, any clues as to what's causin' trouble, or even any hunches?"


The Blooming Catastrophe

Yigrig shakes his head slowly, “Since the attacks began, information has been spotty getting out. However, I know that some sort of large animals have been attacking the work camp during the night, and something else has been aggressive toward anyone that tries to leave or enter the site, no matter what time of day. Bandits? Animals? Accounts have been conflicting, but whatever they are, they’re dangerous.”

Radiant Oath

Male Dwarf Monk (Student of Perfection Dedication) 2 / HP 34/34, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Clan's Edge

First of all the dwarf is very surprised that someone asked a goblin's tribe to build a bridge. If they had asked some dwarfs companions the bridge would have already been in activity.

But they are here to help so he will do.

We will go to help you there.

It retains a monacal attitude.


The Blooming Catastrophe

If anyone would like to recall knowledge. Please make a secret roll by placing a dice roll with in the spoiler and do not open it.

Example: replaced the = with a - so you can see the format. [spoiler-Secret Check][dice-Recall Nature]d20+5[/dice][/spoiler]

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 3 / HP 35/35, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +7 Ref +6 Will +11 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 2/2, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

I'm ready to go. Through myself that's Iomedae who is helping you. I hope you are conscious of that.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

Nature:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

If I might offer a suggestion, it's quicker if the GM lumps all of the secret rolls into one spoiler, and explains from there what each PC recalls, rather than potentially waiting days to get everyone's rolls.

Horizon Hunters

CN M Human (Skilled) Monk 2 | AC 20 (22 with shield, 21 in burning ember stance) | Perception +5 | Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7 | Wolf Jaw +9 (agile, backstabber, finesse, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d8+2 P | Fire Talon +9 (agile, finesse, fire, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d4+2 F | HP 30/32 | Conditions --
PFS 2 GM ZD wrote:

If anyone would like to recall knowledge. Please make a secret roll by placing a dice roll with in the spoiler and do not open it.

Example: replaced the = with a - so you can see the format. ** spoiler omitted **

What skills can we use?

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

[Spoiler - Secret Check][dice - recall nature] d20+5 [/dice][/spoiler]

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

dumb question: how do I even know if that roll went through?

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

Lyric listens very intently to Yigrig then asks, "This may seem like a stupid question. Sorry, I'm new to all of this. Have your people attempted to put up barriers or something around their camp?" She blushes. "I'm presuming that they've been there awhile building the bridge... Less intelligent creatures wouldn't be able to just creep into camp unnoticed, if the camp has any fortifications that is. Do you know if your son has any walls set up at all? Or, is this just an open campsite?"

Radiant Oath

Male Dwarf Monk (Student of Perfection Dedication) 2 / HP 34/34, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Clan's Edge

You have to take away "- Secret Check" and "- recall nature". The "nature" should be used in "b" balises so people know what you're trying to do with your dice roll.

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

I was following the GMs directions exactly as written so don't act like I'm doing something I wasn't TOLD TO DO.... I can't help that his directions were not correct now I'm not sure if he wants secret checks nor am I sure if (spoiler) is required to be written or not based upon what is being said and, quite frankly I was asking the GM for clarification because they were the GM's directions.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 2 | HP 35/36 (S:5/20/20) | AC 20 | F +9 R +6(+3 vs damage) W +6 | Perception +8 Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2)

Nature:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

Click this link, Lyric ^_^

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

The old Half-orc grows quiet after hearing the goblin speak of losing family.

"That is a sad thing to hear, little Moneymaker. My heart pours out. I have lost many in my years as well. The pain never truly disappears."

He allows the words to hang in the air before asking his question.

"Do either of these countries share a common enemy that would want this project to fail?"


The Blooming Catastrophe

The scenario only calls out Nature. If you think a valid Lore skill will work, go ahead and throw it in the secret check, with an explanation of why you think it would work.

"The boy is smart. Barriers have been built. Once you arrive, if you see that better defenses should be constructed, I am sure Zig will listen and will provide you the materials you need"

Both Gruvok and Orin realize that the area they are visiting is home to great beasts such as lions, panthers, dire wolves, and more. Such creatures might be responsible for the attacks on the camp.

Gruvok:
While I agree that it would save time. The down side of rolling for all is if we get some critical failures in the mix. For example, a critical failure on this check can negatively affect PC's for the rest of the scenario. Should I enforce the roll on PC's that did not wish to do the recall knowledge? It just seems unfair at that point.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

Yeah, Secret Checks are probably my biggest gripe about 2nd Edition. For example, if someone had "Wolf Lore", they would probably also know Dire Wolves prowled the region, but the player would have no idea that they could roll that unless they asked whether they could roll it for every secret check.

GM:
I don't think players get a choice. That's why it's a "secret check".

Horizon Hunters

CN M Human (Skilled) Monk 2 | AC 20 (22 with shield, 21 in burning ember stance) | Perception +5 | Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7 | Wolf Jaw +9 (agile, backstabber, finesse, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d8+2 P | Fire Talon +9 (agile, finesse, fire, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d4+2 F | HP 30/32 | Conditions --

Nature:
Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 3 / HP 35/35, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +7 Ref +6 Will +11 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 2/2, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

So they had built barricades and they can't face the arrival from some beasts. These ones should be very huge. Or the goblins must be worse fighter than himself. By the grace of Iomedae, they will conquer the beasts.

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

Gruvok your link sent me to an inaccessible google doc that was literally unreadable i.e. it had nothing on it

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

"Or, it's possible that they are simply being attacked by a much more cunning creature or group of creatures, Master Dranald. Size doesn't always win if the bigger beast is dumb. And, clearly, whatever this is, it's not dumb."

Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

Gosh. I don't know. Link sharing is on. I just tried copying the link again and it's the same.

The doc shows how to format a Spoiler. I suspect your reader is leaving out formating.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Blooming Catastrophe

Grovuk:
Yeah, not a big fan of them. They serve a purpose but we do not need to have as many as they do. I think we were talking about it in another blog. The only reason I called this one out with other recall knowledge, is that it requires an action to do so. With that said, there should not be many more secret checks in this scenario. The other checks I do have, I will just put into spoilers and have you all open them as in PF 1E

That should be the last secret check I will call out. The rest I will treat them as normal and just spoiler them for you all to open.

After the PCs finish talking to Yigrig, he leads them to a goblin caravan. The goblin caravan consists of 4 Huge wagons and 20 nervous goblin workers. It also contains a trove supplies including wooden beams and food. The leader of the caravan is a goblin named Muckmuck, who remains terrified of his responsibilities and fearful of what could happen on the ensuing journey.

Muckmuck laughs to himself.

“You longshanks think you can protect us? You can’t save Muckmuck. You’re weak. Face facts. We’re all going to die.

“You sit there in the back and talk to the workers. We’re all scared. Doesn’t matter what we do. We’re all going to die.

“Tell you truth, I don’t want to go. Yigrig reads too many books. He’s lost his mind. We all think about leaving before he gets us killed. Not help that the minstrel lost hand in teeth brushing accident. Much blood. Can’t play lute anymore.

“Tell you what. You want to help? You be the minstrel. Make fancy music. Make goblins feel less likely to run away. Convince them we’re not all going to die.”

This next part can be a bit confusing. You will have to try and raise the moral of those goblins you are traveling with.

Your choices of skills are Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception (to impersonate other people) and Performance.

Each PC can attempt two checks. But no check can be attempted more than three times for the entire party

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

As the group travels to their destination, Gruvok and Yellow Eyes entertain the goblins by Gruvok performing the role of a large, tusked beast who ultimately gives in to the tiny monkey's chittering and harassment.

Deception, Day 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Deception, Day 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Honestly, this is how every day goes. HAHAAHAHA!!"

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 2 | HP 35/36 (S:5/20/20) | AC 20 | F +9 R +6(+3 vs damage) W +6 | Perception +8 Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2)

Orin will show them the strength of Dwarves. How we're tough and can't possibly be defeated by those puny foes.

athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

That's just embarrassing, lets spend a hero point on the second roll.

hero point reroll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Radiant Oath

Male Dwarf Monk (Student of Perfection Dedication) 2 / HP 34/34, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Clan's Edge

Entertain goblins. They are now here to entertain a group of goblins. If he had known before to engage himself... Well let's see if they are a good public, at least.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Acrobatics, hero point reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 2 | HP 35/36 (S:5/20/20) | AC 20 | F +9 R +6(+3 vs damage) W +6 | Perception +8 Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2)

Before I forget, I have a glyph and will be assigning an extra hero point to Dran'Thul, my fellow dwarf.

Radiant Oath

Male Dwarf Monk (Student of Perfection Dedication) 2 / HP 34/34, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Clan's Edge

Thank you, dwarf friend

Horizon Hunters

CN M Human (Skilled) Monk 2 | AC 20 (22 with shield, 21 in burning ember stance) | Perception +5 | Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7 | Wolf Jaw +9 (agile, backstabber, finesse, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d8+2 P | Fire Talon +9 (agile, finesse, fire, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d4+2 F | HP 30/32 | Conditions --

István might not be a born performer, but he can jump and snarl like a wolf and shoot little jets of fire from his fingers like a phoenix. Goblins like fire right?

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 3 / HP 35/35, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +7 Ref +6 Will +11 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 2/2, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

The cleric isn't used to be an actor to amuse people, and less to amuse goblins. But he tries to tells them stories.

Don't be afraid. We will easy fight these beasts. You know some of us could fight with the fist alone. So I hope the beasts are well prepared. Otherwise they won't stand one round.

Deception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

And then he makes a demonstration of his actor's skills to mime the encounter with the beasts.

Performance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells

On the first night, Lyric, nervously, gets in front of the goblins to perform songs on her fiddle. Performance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

The second night, Lyric again takes the proverbial stage to perform. Performance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Horizon Hunters

Female Halfling Bard/1 |HP 16|AC 17|Fort: +5, Reflex:+5, Will: +7|Perception: +7|Abilities: Keen Eyes, Gutsy Halfling, Distracting Shadows, Natural Medicine, Component Substitution| see profile for skills & spells
Gruvok One-Eye wrote:

Gosh. I don't know. Link sharing is on. I just tried copying the link again and it's the same.

The doc shows how to format a Spoiler. I suspect your reader is leaving out formating.

No, I went to the link (i.e. I went to the google document you created -- JAWS reads the address of the link) but, in the area where the body of the text should be... there's nothing there. This sometimes occurs when coding is done improperly from switching from one format to another and/or if one took something that was an image of a text (ex. a png) and then cut and pasted it onto a document. What you see is text but it's not really text, it's still an image of text and, therefore, not readable by the screen reader because it's an image. I don't know for sure that that's what happening but that's usually the case. It's kind of like the "How to format your text" button at the bottom of this page... Paizo coded it wrong and, from what I can tell, some of the brackets, backslashes, etc. are coded in as images while the rest are coded in as text; so, you only get half the command.... This isn't something a sighted person who doesn't deal with ADA compliance or website design would necessarily know to look for... so I wouldn't expect anyone here to see it. And, since I've joined PFS, I've been making lists and sending them off to Paizo to fix. Anyway, enough of that... Instead of trying to be fancy and "cool" with the BS, guys, do something like this.

To roll dice. Type: in brackets i.e. the following:
(left bracket)Dice=x(right bracket)1d20+modifier(left bracket)/dice(right bracket)

(left bracket) = [
(right bracket) = ]
x = the particular check you're doing (ex. Nature, Perception, etc.)
modifier = whatever your modifier is for your particular skill or trait
So, for example, if you want to check Performance and your performance mod is 10, it would be:
[ dice=performance ]1d20+10[ /dice ] (simply remove the spaces between the brackets to get the formula to work)

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

That's what my document shows. It, and the Paizo explanation, are both plain text. No images. I think it's your screen reader that's having difficulty.

But to accommodate the differences in software, we can do your suggestion going forward. You might want to send off an email to the company that created your reader to see if they can fix their coding.


The Blooming Catastrophe

So as you might have figured, whenever a scenario calls for checks like these, usually some sort of point tracking is involved. In this case, moral points. You begin with moral points equal to the number of PC's and the numbers can rise and fall as the scenario progresses. And moral points in this scenario are directly related to the amount of treasure bundles you recieve at the end.

The goblins laugh and make fun of much larger Gruvok surrendering to smaller beast. 2 points gained

Orin tries to show off his strengths to the goblins and is quickly challenged to climbing competitions. He is able to keep up with the goblins on the first day. The second day, he blows pass the group. 3 points gained

The other dwarf shows some uncanny dexterity and tumble as well as the goblins. 2 points gained

Istvan decides to partake in both climbing and tumbling and manages to impress the goblins in both aspects. 2 points gained

Dranald is not able to capture the attention of the goblins and they end up walking away mid speech. No points gained

Lyric's fiddle captivates the group the first night, but with no goblin songs to go with it. They quickly get bored with it. 1 more point gained

Good show everyone. 10 points gained in this part, total of 16

I forgot to ask what you all were doing as you standard exploration activity. I have added a map and you tokens to it. You are all in the marching order you provided, but I spaced you out among the caravan.

Lyric, the wagons are 2 square tall and 3 squares wide. The closest wagon is to the 9 o'clock of your token. You are touching the upper right corner of it. Next wagon's bottom left corner is one square to your 3 o'clock. Wagon number three's upper left corner is one square to your 5 o'clock, so not directly south of your location. Final wagons is to your 9 o'clock, and the bottom right corner is 4 squares away.

Your allies positions are are roughly the same as when we were setting up your marching order. Orin is 5 squares to roughly you 3 o'clock, you have lines of sight. Dran'thul is at the 4:30. You have a wagon between you. Istvan is directly south 4 squares with line of sight. Drandal is at you 7, no line of sight. And finally Gruvok is at your 9, with line of sight.

No enemies are on the board yet. I hope this helps.

Radiant Oath

Male Dwarf Monk (Student of Perfection Dedication) 2 / HP 34/34, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Clan's Edge

Exploration mode: Scout

Horizon Hunters

CN M Human (Skilled) Monk 2 | AC 20 (22 with shield, 21 in burning ember stance) | Perception +5 | Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7 | Wolf Jaw +9 (agile, backstabber, finesse, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d8+2 P | Fire Talon +9 (agile, finesse, fire, nonlethal, unarmed) 1d4+2 F | HP 30/32 | Conditions --

István is usually Avoiding Notice. If the rest of the caravan is moving slowly and there's tall grass or other undergrowth, his Terrain Stalker feat becomes active.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Half-Orc Sorcerer (3) | Max HP 32 | AC 21 | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +7 | Perception +5 (Darkvision) | Speed 15 ft.

Exploration: Investigate.

Using either Orc Lore to look for signs of Orcs or Nature to look for unusual wildlife behavior.

Grand Archive

Dwarf Fighter 2 | HP 35/36 (S:5/20/20) | AC 20 | F +9 R +6(+3 vs damage) W +6 | Perception +8 Reactions: AoO, Raise Shield, Shield Block || HP (2)

Orin will Search +8 Perception

1 to 50 of 249 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ZD Outpost III: Lions of Ketapesh All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.