City of Strangers - Part 1 & 2

Game Master noral

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 399 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Con: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 2 = 0


HP: 35/35, AC 20/19/13, F+2, R+10, W+3, speed 40ft, Perception +8, init +8, low light vision, scent

The cute animal gives a small sad yelp at Egg Fu keeling over, and it hurries itself across Reggie's flank, quickly into the varisian woman's square.

I recall cover prevents aoo, so i'm hoping Reggie's size provides this.

The animal goes for the throat!
Bite vs prone, flank from mouser: 1d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 4 + 2 = 37 Bite, SA: 1d3 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (3, 4) = 17


Blackpowder using the wall as cover (should prevent an AoO during the attack) drops a paper cartridge with a pitted bullet (with Toxic Secretion) into the pistol (move) overstuffing the barrel with the black powder (alchemical ordinance - free action). Then he fires (no cover from the wall on the attack because ranged cover is measured from a single corner, not all 4).

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4, 2) + 5 = 16 DC 15 Fort vs poison or take 5 points of damage and 1d6 ⇒ 4 bleed.

Resources 2 bullets, 1 paper with pitted, 3 AO and 1 toxicant.

Guns, range and Blackpowders abilities are complex so I included extra detail. I hope that is ok.


Tiny fox, I do not believe you have cover preventing an AoO when moving through an allies square.

AoO : 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 4 = 71d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The Varisian woman tries to stab the fox but his agile form can dodge and bites the woman’s throat resulting in a severed head flying into the room!!

The Kellid woman shrieks ”Ahhhhhh ... “ when she is silenced by a bullet that hits her abdomen and leaves a hole that can only be lethal!


Wilhelmina is up.

Sovereign Court

Wilhelmina Murray | Female CG Dhampir Druid (Swarm Monger) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 13| F +4 R +2 W +6; | Init +2 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Fecund Familiar 2/3; Spells: 0 detect magic, guidance, light, stabilize; 1st charm animal, faerie fire, frostbite; 2nd delay poison | Active Conditions: none.

Wilhemina casts stabilize on Egg.

She says in a loud voice to any enemy who happens still to be standing:"I think there has been some mistake! We haven't killed anyone yet!"


In complete shock the Tien woman runs to the next window and jumps elegantly through it which clearly is a painful act!

Acrobatics, damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 ⇒ 6

The Kellid woman's body shakes on the floor and bleeds.

DC 15 Fort vs poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

All Pathfinders are up!

Liberty's Edge

Male M Halfling Order of the Paw Cavalier 4th HP 44/44 AC 24 /ff 23 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3, Init +1, Per +3, Spd 20' (15’ in armor)

Reggie has no desire to continue a combat that seems to have been a mistake in the first place, nor does he have any capacity to help the women who have been injured.

So, he lets the remaining woman flee and rides Rowdy deeper into the room to seek out any further dangers or a clue as to why the fight happened in the first place.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Blackpowder with cast cure light from a wand on Egg.

CLW : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Other actions? :-)


HP: 35/35, AC 20/19/13, F+2, R+10, W+3, speed 40ft, Perception +8, init +8, low light vision, scent

The fox takes a cautious stance, and darts after the woman.

Total defense, AC to 27.

Acro vs aoo to enter her square: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Blackpowder moves into the room and sends Flashpowder after the woman.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attack Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male N Human Bard 3
Spells Remaining 3/day:
1st—1 spell +comprehend languages, expeditious retreat
| HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (VS (Sing) +11) | Speed 20ft 30 ft. unencumbered|Active conditions: none.
Skills:
Bluff +7, Disgu +9, Know (arc, dung, hist, local, nature, relig) +6, Know (nobility) +7, Perf (sing) +11, Perf (keybrd) +8; Stlh +11

Continuing to play his music, Kavendell enters the room, draws his blade and seeks to corner the woman.
Inspire Courage

Once within range, he strikes!

Melee (longsword) w/inspire: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Damage (s): 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


The Tian woman shrieks and is first struck by the bat and then by the bard’s longsword and her bloodied form drops to the ground!


There are three rooms in his house.

The living room, marked 1 on the map, is where Horis was murdered. His body lies in the northeast corner on the room, his head smashed open and a congealed pool of blood surrounding him.

The door in Area 1 is the only access to the house.

Area 2 is a small, narrow hallway connecting the living room to area 3, Collgardie’s storeroom and sleeping area.

Area 4 is a small meeting room with a thick wooden table in the middle.


GM:
Perception

Perc(Reggie): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Perc(Blackpowder): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Perc(Flashpowder): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perc(Wilhelmina): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perc (Jonathan): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Perc (Kavendell): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Perc(Fox): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Tiny fox sees a small note on the floor that the Tian woman dropped when she fell.

See handout. Please make kn local check.


HP: 35/35, AC 20/19/13, F+2, R+10, W+3, speed 40ft, Perception +8, init +8, low light vision, scent

The fox taps the fallen woman, prying for any signs of her popping back up, but nothing in response.

(notices note)

It carefully picks it up with its teeth, and walks back to the group, handing it over to whoever takes it first, thereafter checking up on mr Fu.

Sovereign Court

Wilhelmina Murray | Female CG Dhampir Druid (Swarm Monger) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 13| F +4 R +2 W +6; | Init +2 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Fecund Familiar 2/3; Spells: 0 detect magic, guidance, light, stabilize; 1st charm animal, faerie fire, frostbite; 2nd delay poison | Active Conditions: none.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Mina reads the note. "Good fox."

"It seems this hit on us was ordered by one Besel Ardoc."


"Who signs these types of letters?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Egg comes around with a loud snort, rubbing his head and rising slowly.

He bows to his companions. ”Much thanks for revive...I wait for answer next time knock...Master Wanyi always say, ‘Never go where not wanted’...

He’ll offer his wand again for Blackpowder to use a couple more times to get close to full health...

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Good kn local roll!

Wilhelmina knows the name Ardoc. You are not surprised as the Ardocs are one of the most powerful families in Kaer Maga—they control the Kiln, a golem factory, and own a lot of the city.

Between the Ardocs and the Commerce League, they make up the majority of the city’s power base. You think why Besel Ardoc wanted you dead, and you remember as saying in this city: “I’d kill you, if you killed a friend of mine.”

You also know that if Collgardie’s house stands empty for too long, the locals will snap it up and either take over the merchant’s cloth business, squat in the house, or tear it down and haul away the building materials for their own structures.

Regarding the deceased you know that you can deliver Collgardie’s body to any number of temples for burial (for a few gold coins), or you can take him outside the walls and bury him.

* *

You all notice:

Whoever killed the merchant wasn’t interested in ransacking his place or stealing anything, and pretty much left it just the way the old merchant liked it—neat and orderly.


"Alright then we have some bodies we have to deal with and we will have to appoint permanent residence of this house. Anyone want to lead a funeral, or should we find a holy man."

Sovereign Court

Wilhelmina Murray | Female CG Dhampir Druid (Swarm Monger) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 13| F +4 R +2 W +6; | Init +2 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Fecund Familiar 2/3; Spells: 0 detect magic, guidance, light, stabilize; 1st charm animal, faerie fire, frostbite; 2nd delay poison | Active Conditions: none.

"We should look around, take care of the body, and then try to get to the bottom of this."

Wilhelmina will dectect magic and look around the house.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male M Halfling Order of the Paw Cavalier 4th HP 44/44 AC 24 /ff 23 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3, Init +1, Per +3, Spd 20' (15’ in armor)

Reggie reads the note, then with some bemusement looks around at the bodies. "He said 'Boys' but he got women. I wonder if he knew," he says.

He then rides Rowdy around the house, searching each of the spaces for danger or any other clues.

Perception Room 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Perception Room 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Perception Room 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Coming back to the front room, he examines the situation again.

"Well, apparently a Pathfinder Lodge is a bad idea in this town, but the place can lodge some Pathfinders while we're here. Maybe in the course of our investigation, we'll find someone friendly that we can turn the place over to," he says.

"I say we take them all to a temple and give them a decent burial. These three might've killed us but I don't want to have to deal with keeping their bodies and it don't seem right to just dump them on the street."


On one of the tables you find a ledger that shows that Horis Collgardie is a friend of Andoran and helps Pathfinders to smuggle goods in and out of Varisia.

On the attackers you find 3 potions of cure light wounds, 3 chain
shirts, 4 cestus, daggers, 2 stingchucks.


"I will aid in whatever is the ritual of burial here."


You decide to bring the two dead and two severely wounded together with Collgardie to a temple of Pharasma.

Strangely, in this city of strangers you do not receive many probing questions when you deliver them to the temple’s door.

Knowing that those you defeated so easily and a friend of the society are being treated, you are now back on the streets of Kaer Maga where the most strange view are the twice-born, undead servants walking the streets!


What do you do?


HP: 35/35, AC 20/19/13, F+2, R+10, W+3, speed 40ft, Perception +8, init +8, low light vision, scent

The fox lets out a low gutteral sound, distrusting of the unnatural things walking the streets.

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

The hair on his neck rising at the spectacle, Egg draws his bow in readiness. Looking to his companions, he queries, ”What do now? Still go to temple?”

Egg will try to cover his friends and keep an eye on the undead...


Wilhelmina knows that Twice-Born is a polite term for referring to undead, and typically used within the Ankar-Te district of Kaer Maga. Here, necromancy and the creation of undead is commonly practiced and accepted, and the twice-born can often be found working as servants for wealthy individuals.

Being generally mindless, the tasks assigned to them are naturally quite simple, but can include such jobs as household servant, litter bearer, waiter, and even prostitute. This does not imply that the twice-born are held in the same esteem as the living. They are considered to be the property of their owner who think of them as little better than pack-animals, and who are also responsible for keeping them under control; destructive or aggressive undead are quickly put down by the general population, with the owner held responsible for any damage or injury caused. Their owners will often spray them with perfume, or hang them with fragrant herbs or flowers to mask the stench of decay.

Sorry, the undead were just flavorful descriptions. :-) No threat. How do you proceed with your investigation?

Sovereign Court

Wilhelmina Murray | Female CG Dhampir Druid (Swarm Monger) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 13| F +4 R +2 W +6; | Init +2 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Fecund Familiar 2/3; Spells: 0 detect magic, guidance, light, stabilize; 1st charm animal, faerie fire, frostbite; 2nd delay poison | Active Conditions: none.

Wilhelmina will gather information, trying to focus on what anyone has heard about the "Pathfinders" in the city and the Ardocs.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


If you start information gathering I need in total 10 kn local or diplomacy information gathering rolls from all involved.


Blackpowder pulls out a book and sees what he already knows. Going with local as it often takes less time depending on how that scenario words things.

Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26
Local : 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11


You wander through Kaer Maga asking about Besel Ardoc. Though Besel is a prominent member of the Ardoc family and thus a prominent citizen of Kaer Maga, the Ardoc family is not known for making their whereabouts public knowledge. They have enemies, more than most, and prefer to keep their day-to-day activities a secret.

You approach the Kiln, but the guards there refuse to answer questions, and get gruff and threatening (backed by a handful of hulking golems).

You realize you will need to do some old-fashion information gathering if they’re going to track down Besel Ardoc.


It is now already midnight!

You return to Collgardie's house in the middle of the night. You prepare for the following day, healing your wounds and expecting trouble.

Five successful kn local : 5d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 5, 1) = 13

You start to gather information and you need all day but you find some useful information!


You learn the following information!

1. Besel Ardoc likes to drink.

“I hear that Besel can’t make it through a day without a pint or six of whatever grog the pub he’s in is selling. I don’t know what those Ardocs are involved in, and I don’t even want to—whenever someone tells me what they’re up to, I realize again that I’d probably drink myself stupid three times a day if I were one of them.”

2. Besel Ardoc doesn’t travel anywhere without his golem bodyguards—all six of them.

“Those Ardocs aren’t stupid. They run the best golem-making factory since Thassilon, and when you run something like that, you have an obvious source of guards. I ain’t never seen Besel without at least six of those iron things stomping around behind him. If you’re trying to find him and put a hurt on him, you best change your mind, friend.”

3. Besel Ardoc works long hours at the Kiln and is sometimes seen drinking at a pub in nearby Downmarket.

“Oh yeah, I seen Besel drinkin’ in Downmarket a bunch— had a few pints with him m’self. It’s probably because of those pints that I can’t recall the name of the pub where I last saw him.”

4. Besel Ardoc was just seen this morning drinking at a pub in Downmarket called The Augur’s Entrails.

“Down by that disgusting troll Augur temple—called Augur’s Entrails, I think. There’s a troll on the sign pullin’ his own damn entrails out on the sign. You won’t catch me drinking there, but I saw Besel and his iron monsters there this morning.”

5. Besel Ardoc has a meeting with the Entrails proprietor in the morning, just after the pub opens.

“I was in the Augur’s Entrails over in Downmarket this morning and heard Besel say he’d be back there again tomorrow morning for something. That’s probably your best bet for finding him, friend.”


All these information help you to pinpoint your target! But it is again late.

The moon falls in the horizon as you rest in the house of Horis Collgardie again, your sleep disturbed by the thought of who could be behind such an elaborate play in this dangerous city.

You doze off thinking about the goblins and rogues that attacked you, and in the blink of an eye, the morning bells ring and wake you up. Being adventuring folk, it doesn't take less than 15 minutes for you to get ready, and you head out into Kaer Maga once again.

It's really unsettling, the fact that this city never gets a single ray of sun. The cliffs all around it make sure you slink around the streets unnoticed and ask around for the Augur's Entrails.

Eventually, you find someone that knows where it's at and point you in the right direction. Arriving right on time, you are right in front of a tavern and drinking hole with an iron plaque above it, reading "The Augur's Entrails" above a small etching of a troll ripping out its own guts.

Finally, you enter the spacious tavern - cloaked figures watch you enter, some bigger than others...you could swear some of them are twice the size of you! Probably ogres or giants.

But, without issue, you spot your contact right away by the distinct trio of iron golems around him: a man dressed in exquisite fabrics, with short black hair and a pair of dark-framed glasses. One of the golems kneels down and says "You are before Besel Ardoc, master of The Kiln and the Ardoc Ironworks" before standing up and letting you pass.

Besel raises up a shot of absinthe, gulping it down and saying "Morning, Pathfinders. To what do I owe the pleasure? My operatives told me the mission got...complicated, and I needed to step in. So tell me, Pathfinders, why should I not order Leadfist here to shred you to pieces?" smiling all the way through.

You may make Knowledge (engineering) checks for the iron golems if you'd like, or you can go by the statement that said they could kill dragons barehanded

Sovereign Court

Wilhelmina Murray | Female CG Dhampir Druid (Swarm Monger) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 13| F +4 R +2 W +6; | Init +2 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Fecund Familiar 2/3; Spells: 0 detect magic, guidance, light, stabilize; 1st charm animal, faerie fire, frostbite; 2nd delay poison | Active Conditions: none.

10 checks from each of us, or a total of 10?


You and Blackpowder already aced the rolls! :-) That’s the reason I moved to the meeting with Ardoc.

Sovereign Court

Wilhelmina Murray | Female CG Dhampir Druid (Swarm Monger) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 13| F +4 R +2 W +6; | Init +2 | Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Fecund Familiar 2/3; Spells: 0 detect magic, guidance, light, stabilize; 1st charm animal, faerie fire, frostbite; 2nd delay poison | Active Conditions: none.

Sorry, I got cross-posted there. I'll let someone Diplomatic start these negotiations.


"Good day. I'm Blackpowder and these are my fiends. It seems necessary to make threats so soon we just want to talk. May I ask why are you so troubled by our presence?"


GM:
Sense Motive

SM(Reggie): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
SM(Blackpowder): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
SM(Wilhelmina): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
SM(Kavendell) w/ Versatile Performance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
dice=SM(Kavendell) w/o Versatile Performance]1d20-1[/dice]
SM(): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
SM(): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Besel tilts his head and looks at all of you ... a stern but reasonable man.

Wilhelmina would guess that he started out as a noble but had to put in hard work to climb to the top of this city.

His smirk now gone, he replies "You are Pathfinders. That alone is reason enough to kill you. Then you killed a friend. But ... I appreciate that you did not kill all my operatives. I can see they were...well, outmatched" he says looking at Blackpowder.


HP: 35/35, AC 20/19/13, F+2, R+10, W+3, speed 40ft, Perception +8, init +8, low light vision, scent

Perception, more parties observing us?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The fox yawns, stretching its back, scratching behind its ear with a hind paw before looking around.


"Now we are getting somewhere. Please elaborate on why you hate our organization. If I'm being honest I can think of a dozen reasons but I would like to hear yours."

Diplomacy to improve attitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Sovereign Court

Male N Human Bard 3
Spells Remaining 3/day:
1st—1 spell +comprehend languages, expeditious retreat
| HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (VS (Sing) +11) | Speed 20ft 30 ft. unencumbered|Active conditions: none.
Skills:
Bluff +7, Disgu +9, Know (arc, dung, hist, local, nature, relig) +6, Know (nobility) +7, Perf (sing) +11, Perf (keybrd) +8; Stlh +11

"They were outmatched, yes." Kavendell confirms hitting a few keys on his keyboard, "but, we, ourselves, are not outlandish. We request no more than the simple truth."

Perform (keyboard), Versatile Performance for Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

He then begins humming a short tune as Besel replies, trying to discern if Besel speaks truth to 'powder.

Perform (sing), VP for Sense Motive): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Egg Fu keeps a wary eye on the golems. Upon hearing Bezel talk about Pathfinders killing a friend, he mutters under his breath, "Huh...friend nearly kill Egg..."

Liberty's Edge

Male M Halfling Order of the Paw Cavalier 4th HP 44/44 AC 24 /ff 23 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3, Init +1, Per +3, Spd 20' (15’ in armor)

Reggie isn't much help in finding out where to find Besel. About all he can do is sit in the background and smile in a friendly manner.

Neither he, nor Rowdy likes to be in the tight space of the bar. Not much room to lance something in here. He also notices how there are only 3 golems evident and everyone who has spoken of this man has made mention of 6. He looks around for the other 3, assuming they're some of the "ogres" in the darkness.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Now see, we done got crossways for no good reason. We weren't the ones what killed Collgardie, nor did any Pathfinders, far as we know. Abyss, he was a Pathfinder, we didn't have no reason to kill 'im. We want to find out who did it 'least as much as you do. Why don't we just relax, have a little parlay, share some information and see if we can't hunt down the goblin sucker what done it and bring him to a little justice," Reggie says, riding Rowdy up to the table.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


"Hmmmm ... I believe you. But ... well, I do not know who killed Collgardie, but I might know who might. Initially, I thought Collgardie had died from making too many enemies in this city - his good heart always put him at odds with the locals, and I considered it a natural event." he says, his cold heart showing through.

He then gets very somber and lowering his tone adds "I was contacted by a very powerful man in Kaer Maga - a man named Dakar, the Head of the Commerce League. He asked me to watch the place and find the killers in return for a favor. Now, I don't know if I was played by Dakar, or if both of us are being played by this...unknown party, but he might know more about the matter." as he drinks another shot of absinthe.


Besel adjusts his glasses and smirks.

"The thing is ...outsiders don’t see Dakar in person. Few know where he lives, less how he looks like. A criminal overlord so mysterious he might as well be a ghost story." he says, leaning in like telling a story besides a campfire.

"I can arrange a meeting of sorts, but you won't like it. Last time I talked to him was a year ago, and he had me gagged, blindfolded and driven around in circles for 6 hours, until I had no idea of where we were. After all of that, I finally met him, although I was still blindfolded"

He shrugs "If you're up to the ordeal, I can arrange it."

101 to 150 of 399 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Part 1: The Shadow Gambit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.