GM Headbutt’s #5-04 The Stolen Heir

Game Master Headbutt

Maps and Handouts


51 to 100 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

The Andares mansion stands at the edge of a beautiful green and has a facade dominated by fine marble pillars.

DC 15 Knowledge (engineering):
The architecture is old Chelish but that the many columns are a recent, largely ornamental addition.

Dark Archive

Female LG Human School Savant Arcanist 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Reservoir: 5/5 | Disruption: 7/7 | Active conditions: Fire Resistance 5

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Matrialda clicks her tongue disapprovingly. ”Such a shame they’ve covered up such classic architecture with all these...” she shakes her head, ”frivolous ornamentations.”

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Krystiana squints at the building and mutters, "Reminds me of Auntie Muriel's place... Shall we look around or knock first?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 1 Init +0 Hp 11/11 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+4 Ref+0 Will+5 Per+4 Spd 20

It would be polite to knock first. But would it be wise? Maybe we should be discreet until we know who is in here.

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

"It's not a normal situation. Normal rules do not apply."

Fentar peers through the nearest window.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Fentar peers through the window and sees movement. The front door opens and a thin, hook-nosed woman with graying brown hair held in a tight bun—appears. What would you be doing peering in windows? That is quite impolite you know. What do you want? The master of the house is quite busy and cannot be disturbed.

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

Fentar pushes past her, into the house, "In Najagor, it is rude to scold a stranger. Isn't that interesting. How different we can be?"

CMB if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

t-shirt re-roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Fentar shoves the old lady out of the way and bursts into the manor. The halfling Merton Demrick moves up and helps her to her feet. Are you alright Dorabeth?

Inside there are several rooms off to the right and left off the main entryway. All but one of the doors are closed with the open door being that of the room Fentar peered into, the parlor.

Dark Archive

Female LG Human School Savant Arcanist 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Reservoir: 5/5 | Disruption: 7/7 | Active conditions: Fire Resistance 5

”Fatal!”

The chill of a disappointed grandmother hangs in the air as Matrialda glares at the nagaji with cold fury. ”That is no way to be treating a woman! Now get back here and apologize!” A knobby finger points at the doorway, brooking no argument from the scaly man that stands a head taller than the elderly woman.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Krystiana strides up and pushes her way inside, "Don't worry, Matrialda. I'll apologize for him."

CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

Fentar turns around to face Matrialda and furrows his brow, ”I don’t think this is the right place. Isn’t it meant to be on fire or something?”

Fentar sniffs the air.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Confused by Matrialda’s talk about women, but chastised by her tone, Fentar shuffles over time the woman with exaggerated care, ”Don’t worry, I won’t eat your eggs.”

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Lotho frowns toward Fentar, then looks down at the woman. "I would like to apologize for our companion. There is no excuse for such behavior, ma'am."

I will detect evil on Dorabeth.

He peers down at Dorabeth, then begins looking around the room and listens for any possible suspicious sounds.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Krystiana looks around to see if anything looks suspicious.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 1 Init +0 Hp 11/11 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+4 Ref+0 Will+5 Per+4 Spd 20

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The priest tries to read the old woman's face, looking for potential treachery or deception


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Dorabeth does not detect as evil

Well, I accept your apology, as long as it does not happen again. Please act in the proper manner while in the home of Tercio Andares. Now please, what is your business here?

She shows you into the parlor and keeps an eye on Fentar as she speaks with you all.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

This design has the high ceilings that was described by the scrying?

Lotho replies, "My lady, we are from the Pathfinder Society. We have been sent to look for an estate in this region, with some clues as to a thing of value, held in a building that has sustained fire damage. When asking in town, we were told that the Andares mansion was of the style we were seeking ... Can you tell us, is there any portion of this estate that has been damaged by fire?" He steps back, letting one of the others take the lead in the negotiations. As I realize I am untrained in Diplomacy.

Diplomacy(assist): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

I almost told a great big lie... and then I remembered I'm on my paladin and not every other character I play.

"It's as Lotho has said. I'm sorry to say that we've been given paltry information thus far. I'm also very sorry that we had jumped to conclusions when we finally received the information that lead us here." She takes a breath, "As any building of sufficient history has likely had at least one fire may we ask some questions about the estate?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

”Yeah, some friendly questions.”

diplomacy (aid another): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

We're not the most diplomatic group.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Lol. All good. Dorabeth will happily chat your ears off. I suspect something has got crossed up at some point and I just want to double check to make sure we are on the same page. What do you all think your mission is?

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Find the kidnapped girl is what we've been told. According to the scry that was done she's being kept in an older mansion which appears to have suffered some fire damage at some point in the past and never properly repaired. However, there is likely some other stuff going on.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Ok, that sounds right Krystiana. I was just thrown by Lotho's comment about a "thing of value"

Dorabeth sits and fidgets with the hem of her apron. A thing of value, yes. I suppose you could call Miss Thalia a thing of value. She's been gone a week and if you ask me you should investigate that gardener boy. He always struck me as shifty and he sneaks into the larder when I am not looking, I am sure of it. Since you are Pathfinders you are experienced in investigation. You'll know what to do I am sure.

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

Oh, wait: this isn’t a suspect house. This is her home?!


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Yes, Thalia Andares lived in the Andares Manor strangely enough.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Yeah, okay, glad I wasn't the only one who missed that. I thought we were talking to a suspect, and didn't want to tip our hand. Missed that we were supposed to present a letter to the family before we started the investigation ... I thought we were supposed to track down the girl, then try to get a benefit from the family after we'd helped them.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Yeah, I also thought we were following a lead and not going to her home.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 1 Init +0 Hp 11/11 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+4 Ref+0 Will+5 Per+4 Spd 20

Haven't seen that either, sorry

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Lotho nods. "The gardener boy. What is his name? Other than sneaking into the larder, has he done anything suspicious lately?"


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Albert Tauper is his name. He steals the sugar cubes and my fresh honey cakes.

Dark Archive

Female LG Human School Savant Arcanist 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Reservoir: 5/5 | Disruption: 7/7 | Active conditions: Fire Resistance 5

Matrialda tssks softly, shaking her head in sympathy with Dorabeth’s plight. ”Ah, that’s the way of children these days, isn’t it? Seems like they always want something sweet to munch on. My grandchildren, bless their pointed little heads, are always trying to take an extra cookie from the jar - and don’t think I didn’t see you take two, Lotto! Just you wait until your mother hears about this!” She pauses to shake her finger at the half-orc with a cheeky smile before continuing. ”And is it just you here keeping the household together, Dorabeth? All by yourself? Goodness, that can’t be easy.” The elderly matron offers a hard butterscotch candy to the Pathfinders’ host.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Dorabeth takes the sweet from Matrialda gratefully. She pops it into her mouth and the corners of her mouth go up slightly in enjoyment.

At that moment the door to the drawing room opens and two men emerge. Before the reach the door to the parlor you overhear part of their conversation. I thank you again for your concern, cousin Sander, but the services of the Eagle Knights are not called for here. Surely you would not risk Thalia’s safety in such a bold manner.

The two men come into view. They are dressed aristocratically and carry themselves proud and erect. The speaker notices Demrick and greets him before turning his attention to your group. With a hint of quickly suppressed exasperation he asks you to introduce themselves.

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

Fentar swivels around and watches the Eagle Knights leave, Look at them, yeah, Andoran has definitely become a society of equals, definitely. Sheesh!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 1 Init +0 Hp 11/11 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+4 Ref+0 Will+5 Per+4 Spd 20

Please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Mallycorn Tavee, devout follower of Pharasma.Hearing your concern about that young woman, may I be so bold as to offer my help, and the help of my comrades, in these times of troubles and worriness?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

diplomacy aid another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

”Yeah, what he said.”


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

I can offer no assistance to anyone. You, the Eagle Knights or the City Guard. A letter I received assures me that Thalia's life would be threatened if I offered any assistance.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Lotho raises an eyebrow. "And if you do not assist ... You believe she will be returned safely? You trust those who abducted her?"


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

It is not a risk I am willing to take.

DC 20 Sense Motive:
You notice covert messages being passed between Bryton and Andares: Bryton is nonverbally ensuring that Andares is all right with the unusual visitors and Andares is assuring Bryton
that there’s nothing to worry about.

Separate DC 20 Sense Motive:
You have a hunch that Andares knows more than he lets on.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
*throws away dice*

"I completely understand."

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Well, let's give this a try ...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Lotho sighs. "And if things go badly, you will regret forever not taking that risk ..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 1 Init +0 Hp 11/11 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+4 Ref+0 Will+5 Per+4 Spd 20

SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

This is an heavy choice to made. But if you feel it so..


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Ok, lets try this approach now

Checks to see what you know about Sander Bryton, the other man in the room.

10+ Knowldge Local or Diplomacy:
Sander Bryton is a consul, one of the elected officials responsible for directing Andoran’s military.

15+ Knowldge Local or Diplomacy:
Although the consul General Reginald Cormoth is the head of the Eagle Knights, Sander Bryton often assists the general directly in deciding Eagle Knight actions and policy.

20+ Knowldge Local or Diplomacy:
The Bryton family—all successful military leaders going back four generations—has been prominent ever since the People’s Revolt. At no time has the elected national government not included a Bryton.

25+ Knowldge Local or Diplomacy:
Immediately after Tercio Andares joined the People’s Council, Sander Bryton mysteriously reversed his position on an important trade agreement, clearing the way for the Andares family’s Sauerton Red wine to become the household name it is today throughout the Inner Sea region.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 1 Init +0 Hp 11/11 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+4 Ref+0 Will+5 Per+4 Spd 20

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Mallycorn eyes get bright as he realises who the other man is, and he respectuously bow to him.

Consul Bryton, it's an honor to meet you. A prominent member of the Eagle Knights, the closest man to the famous General Cormoth, leader of the Eagle Knights, if my memory serves well. I fancy myself as a bit of an historian, so out of sheer curiosity let me ask you a question: I've heard-and if I'm wrong please correct me- that for four generations there were always a member of your family in the government, ever since the People's Revolt. Is that fascinating tidbit of information true?

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Lotho looks mildly impressed toward the other man.

Grand Lodge

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 2: Hit Points 22; AC 18/11/17; Fort+6 Ref+3 Will+2 (+4)

Fentar raises an eyebrow, Did they kidnap a girl? Or a daughter?

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
*throws away another set of dice*

Krystiana happily lets Mallycorn run the show.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Yes, we have served for 4 generations. It is our honour.

Did you have any further questions for either of the gentlemen?

Liberty's Edge

Male LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Lotho frowns. "If you cannot provide aid to us ... is there any aid we can provide to you? Have there been demands from the kidnappers?"


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

So far the only demand is that I not assist anyone in tracking the kidnappers. With that he leads his guest to the door and bids him a good day.

Dark Archive

Female LG Human School Savant Arcanist 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Reservoir: 5/5 | Disruption: 7/7 | Active conditions: Fire Resistance 5

Matrialda stands, dusting off her skirts. ”Well, I think we’ve been sitting here long enough. Dorabeth, you look like you could use some sunshine. Didn’t you say there was a garden here? I would love to see what you’ve been growing.”

Alright, let’s get this show back on the road! No leads from the nobles, but we’ve still got the garden boy (even if it seems rather unlikely that he’s the culprit).

51 to 100 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Headbutt’s #5-04 The Stolen Heir All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.