GM Valen's SFS 1-20 The Duskmire Accord 9 (PbP) (Tier 3-4)

Game Master Lysle

Started

Slides & Maps


1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

You have received a summons from Venture-Captain Kunoris Vex. He seeks your presence aboard the artificial planetoid known as Salvation's End. The shuttlecraft that awaits you has seating for several agents.

Culture (DC 12+) re Vex:
Vex has a reputation of being a skilled, charming, and intelligent leader. He has proven himself a capable agent for the Society in the past and has long nursed a curiosity for all things related to the Gap and Golarion. As a drow, he’s had to deal with frequent distrust from fellow Starfinders and their allies, but he typically deflects such suspicions with a smile and a witty remark. Although it might be too far to call him kind, he does place the welfare of Starfinders under his command above all other concerns.

Dataphiles

Male NG human scholar mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 20; CMD 28 | Fort +4; Ref +10; Will +1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

A human with a curious-looking contraption on his head boards the vessel and waits for his companions. Looks like I arrived earlier than the usual. I'm usually late for these kinds of circumstances.

He taps the contraption on his head and it suddenly lights up, emitting a soft humming sound. "We're a bit early today M.I.C.H., tune-up some classical music while we wait, please."

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ace pilot operative (explorer) 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

A halfling comes onto the shuttle, slipping into the pilot's chair and beginning a rapid check sequence. "Ever work with Vex before? I haven't, but I hear he's good enough."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

Culture (take 20): 20 + 8 = 28

A ... couch moves inside the shuttle. On it, an elven woman in white toga lying lavishly.

Some vapors floats around her, coming from a hooka installed on the couch and the little sip she takes from it. The couch itself is well maintained, even if numerous cables, wires and circuits seem to come and go through it.

In a half asleep voice, she says May the Dreams be kind to us, May the Stars guide us in our next journey. I listen to the Stars, I look at the Voices and Here I am.
I'm Gil-Oloth, Dreamer of the Stars. I hope this mission will not be too tiring. I don't like when they are...
Never has the chance to work with Vex, but I've read only good things about him despite being a drow.

Acquisitives

Female Android Exocortex Mechanic 2| SP 15/15 : HP 16/16 : RP 3/3 | EAC 14: KAC 15 | F+3 : R+5 : W-0 | INIT+3 | Darkvision | Laser Rifle 20/20
Skills:
Acro +3 : Ath+6 : Bluff -2 : Comp +8 : Cult +3 : Dip -2 : Disg -2 : Eng +7 : Intim +2 : Med +2 : Perc +5 : Phy Sci +6 : Pilot +8 : Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +3 : Surv 0

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Great start

A stern looking, sharp faced woman enters the shuttle. She is dressed in a weathered leather jacket over a black band t-shirt, with dark purple second skin armour revealing densely packed leg muscles. Across her organic face are the tell tale blue glowing circuits of an android, eleboratly decorated into patterns like tattoos. Her recently dyed red hair stands in a long mohawk, with the sides buzzed tight revealing more tattoo like circuitry. She has packed for the trip lightly, with only a baton and a few other items around her waist on a duty belt, and a pawn shop laser rifle slung over her back.

"Salvation's End?" she confirms before dropping into an open seat.

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

A female android arrives wearing very functional-looking body armour and webbing whilst carting too many weapons - including a squad machine gun with a sticker that reads 'Happiness is belt-fed'. She also wears a '72 hour' backpack with neatly arrayed pouches clearly containing various tools, extra link ammunition, grenades, and a clearly labelled medical pouch.

She checks the safety on her weapon and just regards the room with her artificial eyes. She is clearly an android, and due to the simpleness of the design, probably an earlier model. "Shelldrake" she smiles as she introduces herself, though not entirely convincingly. Clearly requires a firmware update.

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

An unusual green-skinned humanoid appears in the waiting area. He seems timid, and perhaps even confused as he steps inside the office and meeting area and finds a seat in a corner. A spear and an old backpack are set down on the floor near him.

"I hope I'm not late. . . ."

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ace pilot operative (explorer) 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Ashtif says from the pilot seat, "No, I think we're waiting on one more person..."

Just as he says this, a dapper and well-composed Brenneri walks into the room. The Brenneri bows slightly, his dense moustache whiskers twitching. "Hello. I'm Junior Ambassador Calvon." Colvin walks over and stands near Ashtif, making an odd image with this otter-like alien towering over the halfling.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The journey to Salvation's End is uneventful. When your craft arrives at the artificial moon, it is directed to a landing pad, portions of which, like many of the structures around it, is still undergoing construction. A friendly landing tech gives you directions to the only meeting room in the newly-build lodge that is operational.

The hallway outside the meeting room is dimly lit and crowded with crates. A well-dressed drow waits in front of the door, greeting the new arrivals.

Picture available on Slides.

“Starfinders! I’m so glad you’ve arrived. I am Venture-Captain Kunoris Vex,” he says, approaching. The drow offers an outstretched hand, but is forced to jump back quickly as a pair of rapidly chattering ysoki dash in front of him, waving their arms excitedly and pointing at readings on their holographic displays as they run down the hall.

Vex smiles. “As you can see, there’s a lot going on here, and I want you to get right down to work.” Vex gestures to a nearby doorway, leading into a conference room with insta-plastic tables and chairs arranged haphazardly about. The holographic display unit’s core sits atop the table, ready for a technician to install it.

“Sorry for the mess. I’m sure you understand we’re right in the middle of setting everything up.” The drow politely pulls out the chairs for others to sit.

Once everyone is seated, he pulls out a pocket computer and projects an image onto a nearby wall. The readout shows a series of images of a long, massive hallway lined with gigantic doors spaced far apart.

“As you can see, this moon contains a large number of vaults. We recently gained access to one of them,” Vex begins. “The monitor outside of this vault doorway currently displays the words ‘Duskmire Accord.’ We’ve found no records in our research here or from the databases on Absalom Station about the term ‘Duskmire,’ but we assume it is the name of a place. Our scans from the hallway reveal a powerful energy source somewhere within the vault, although its construction or some manner of shielding prevents any meaningful readings."

"It appears that if we want to learn anything more, we need to send in a team.” He cocks his head, raises an eyebrow, and looks meaningfully toward the group.

The drow turns off the projector and smiles broadly as he leans forward. “I’d like you to go into this vault and see what you can find. Identify the source of these energy readings, and learn anything else you can about the interior of the vault."

"There may be inhabitants," he notes, "But we don’t know whether they’re likely to be peaceful. As always, be ready for anything!”

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

Still laying on her couch, Gil-Oloth asks Vex

Venture-Captain, at my last stop here, there was some people still stuck in the past, do you think it's the same thing here? Or is it another experiment in a secured environment?

Acquisitives

Female Android Exocortex Mechanic 2| SP 15/15 : HP 16/16 : RP 3/3 | EAC 14: KAC 15 | F+3 : R+5 : W-0 | INIT+3 | Darkvision | Laser Rifle 20/20
Skills:
Acro +3 : Ath+6 : Bluff -2 : Comp +8 : Cult +3 : Dip -2 : Disg -2 : Eng +7 : Intim +2 : Med +2 : Perc +5 : Phy Sci +6 : Pilot +8 : Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +3 : Surv 0

Kat leans back in her chair.

"So we're going into a vault that's been locked away for ages, possibly some kind of experiment... she says with a hand wave to Gil-Oloth "...with no intel, or any idea of what we're getting into other than some massive power source."

She pauses and a smile crosses her face. "Wouldn't have it any other way, when can we start"

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

Brookwillow quietly pipes up. Is there any sign of life within this 'vault'?"


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Gil-Oloth wrote:
Venture-Captain, at my last stop here, there was some people still stuck in the past, do you think it's the same thing here? Or is it another experiment in a secured environment?

“I could only hazard a guess.” Vex responds. "Everything we learn about Salvation's End seems to raise more questions." Vex notes. “The vault has been active for several months at this point. I was hoping extended scans and scrying might eventually pierce the disruption, but to little avail.”

Brookwillow of Parkerdale wrote:
Brookwillow quietly pipes up. Is there any sign of life within this 'vault'?"

“As I mentioned, there is either shielding built into the device or an unknown type of active disruption that stymies our efforts.” notes Vex. “I’d like you to investigate both, and take readings from the power source if you can.”

The drow glances back at the readout of the images of the door-lined hallway projected on the wall. “As for whether or not this vault is occupied. We don’t have enough information to say. At least some of the vaults are occupied. As Gil-Oloth noted, the first vault we opened was occupied by a group of dwarves who believed they were deep underground on Golarion, of all places, and that they were undergoing some kind of task for the vanished god Torag. They seemed to have had their memories altered somehow. Whether that was a fluke or a pattern remains to be seen.”

Kat5e wrote:

"So we're going into a vault that's been locked away for ages, possibly some kind of experiment... she says with a hand wave to Gil-Oloth "...with no intel, or any idea of what we're getting into other than some massive power source."

She pauses and a smile crosses her face. "Wouldn't have it any other way, when can we start"

“Your enthusiasm is appreciated, Kat5e.” Vex replies with a smirk, before his face takes on a more serious tone. “I’ll have a vehicle deliver you to the access tunnel shortly. Until then, are there any other questions?”

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ace pilot operative (explorer) 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Ashtif shakes his head. "No more questions, but it seems like a great opportunity to explore something new. Let's go!"

Junior Ambassador Calvon nods in quiet agreement, playing with a small shiny object in his hands.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Ashtif Cloudskipper wrote:
Ashtif shakes his head. "No more questions, but it seems like a great opportunity to explore something new. Let's go!"

"It’s sure to be an intriguing experience, and I have

to say I’m rather jealous." admits Vex. "‘Don’t get promoted,’ is what my friends always said. Now I see why!”

He ends the projection on the wall and begins to stow the pocket computer. "We know this is an artificial moon that contains a sophisticated artificial gravity generator and a number of sealed-off vaults. It seems as though there is some manner of intelligence controlling this entire station, but we haven’t managed
to contact it to determine its purpose.”
Vex sighs. "Since no one else has gone in yet, I really don’t have much more advice for you than to travel down and see where it leads."

Your personal comms each now show that Venture-Captain Vex has authorized you to have access to the lodge's storerooms from which to purchase equipment.

A PC can purchase any equipment from the Starfinder Core Rulebook up to item level 6, assuming she could normally purchase such equipment.

Also, please finalize your choices of boons and slot them by posting your selections in the Discussion thread.

Note: If a player has earned the Claimant to Salvation boon (Starfinder Society Scenario #1–00: Claim to Salvation) for any character, the PC she plays gains a single reroll that can be used for any one d20 roll during the course of the scenario.

Also, if you have questions, feel free to post them (though don't expect to get much more info out of Vex. We will move on to the first encounter on Monday, 10/28.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ace pilot operative (explorer) 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

As I recall, we can only get one reroll ... so if we have Claimant to Salvation, we can't benefit from a t-shirt reroll boon, right?

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

"Hey everybody, look what I got! An ARC PISTOL!" Brookwillow looks longingly at his new firearm, carelessly sweeps it past most of you, and points it out a window and dry fires it.

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

”Are you seriously going to keep flagging people with that thing?”

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

A bewildered look toward Shelldrake is all that can be managed.

Meanwhile, Brookwillow stows his gear and is ready to move along.

Dataphiles

Male NG human scholar mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 20; CMD 28 | Fort +4; Ref +10; Will +1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Mobius straps in his autotarget rifle and laser rifle then checks to see if his grenades are complete. "So we go in there, find out what's in those vaults, hopefully not kill any of it, and report back to you? Sounds good to me."

He goes over to the ghoran, places his hand on its shoulders and pats it. "Good aim there Brook."

"Well, I think I'm all set. Lead us to the entrance Captain Vex"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

I think it's a pretty straightforward mission. Lets explore this vault. says Gil-Oloth from her couch.

She seems to activate some button and two robotic arms sprout from the couch, handling a spear.

Now, I'm ready.

Acquisitives

Female Android Exocortex Mechanic 2| SP 15/15 : HP 16/16 : RP 3/3 | EAC 14: KAC 15 | F+3 : R+5 : W-0 | INIT+3 | Darkvision | Laser Rifle 20/20
Skills:
Acro +3 : Ath+6 : Bluff -2 : Comp +8 : Cult +3 : Dip -2 : Disg -2 : Eng +7 : Intim +2 : Med +2 : Perc +5 : Phy Sci +6 : Pilot +8 : Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +3 : Surv 0

Kat watches the couch with fascination. "You travel in style, lady"

She unslings the rifle across her back and checks the readouts. After a quick diagnostic on her combat subroutines, she adds: "I'm ready to move out."

Kat does not need to make any purchases


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The party is taken via ground transport to the main hallway of Salvation’s End and dropped off at the now-accessible door to the vault doorway, which displays the words 'Duskmire Accord".

Proceeding down a passageway you enter an airlock. After a brief blast from what appears to be a decontamination laser grid, you are able to pass into the vault. Once inside, the doors close behind you.

As soon as you enter, a holographic projection of a horizontal blue line appears in the air above a circular disk, which is about a 2-foot-wide flat, metal disk embedded in the floor. The line begins moving in a waveform pattern like that of an oscilloscope.

“Greetings, ERROR: NULL RECORD,” a polite, cool voice speaks, in Common. “Welcome to Duskmire! You are understandably confused by your sudden arrival, but rest assured that there is all you need here to survive should you choose to do so. You can enter the temple and be released when you have achieved dominance over the other two resident powers within the Duskmire area. Please accept this simple map as a gift to guide your way. Happy conquest!”

A map printed on a simple plastic sheet materializes on the projector.

Once the projection finishes speaking, it falls silent.

Engineering or Physical Science check (DC 14+) re projector:
While examining the projector, you discover it is deeply embedded in stone and uses advanced technology of unknown origin.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

Engineering DC14: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Strange, I don't recognize this projector... says out loud Gil-Oloth before thinking at what the voice said.

Seems like a place to conquer. May be there will be more explanation in the temple the voice talk about?

Acquisitives

Female Android Exocortex Mechanic 2| SP 15/15 : HP 16/16 : RP 3/3 | EAC 14: KAC 15 | F+3 : R+5 : W-0 | INIT+3 | Darkvision | Laser Rifle 20/20
Skills:
Acro +3 : Ath+6 : Bluff -2 : Comp +8 : Cult +3 : Dip -2 : Disg -2 : Eng +7 : Intim +2 : Med +2 : Perc +5 : Phy Sci +6 : Pilot +8 : Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +3 : Surv 0

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Kat has a closer look at the projector, scanning it with her android vision and processing it with the Exocortex and custom rig implanted in her positronic brain.
"It's embedded in stone, I've never seen anything like it before. Seems pretty advanced."

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ace pilot operative (explorer) 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Ashtif looks around, then glances at the map, trying to figure out where they are on it.

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

"Okay, the waterfall is over that way, and there's that river ..." He points toward where he thinks you are located. "So ... I vote we head up to the top of this cliff, by the waterfall, to get a survey of the area, before we head to this temple. What do you guys think?"

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

Brook also takes a peek at the map.

"I can't help but wonder what these lines are to the east. They look like pipes, but that seems so unnatural in this seemingly pristine setting."

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

"I'm with you Ashtif, let's make our way to the high ground, it will also give us a good look at the rest of the terrain from a good vantage point"


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

From within, the vault, or “Duskmire” as the body-less voice had referred to it, looks internally sealed and acts as a giant terrarium. The air is humid and warm, but seemingly fresh. The light levels appear dim throughout.

Quick investigation reveals that the light emanates from the ceiling, walls, and even some of the vegetation.

Engineering or Physical Science check (DC 14) re light sources:
You note the source of most of the light is technological rather than natural. Light-emitting surfaces existing throughout the vault appear to be powered wirelessly from a location somewhere else deeper in the walls. Various glowing fungi shed dim light as well.

Many large, fungal specimens appear to thrive within the vault, but other trees, bushes, and grasses that are more typically found above ground also seem to be quite successful here.

Life Science check (DC 15) re plants and fungi:
You confirm that these plants and fungi have been genetically modified to survive in this environment. You also conclude that the vault must hold sufficiently deep amounts of soil, peat, and rocks throughout the cavern for the vegetation to grow as it does.

Mists and fog that shroud the cavern floor loom over the cavern floor, where water appearing to originate from somewhere within teh northern cavern wall forms a river bisecting Duskmire before collecting in a lake to the south that drains away in a series of tiny submerged fissures. Through patches of mist can be seen areas of trackless marsh, while other terrain of hills and plains can also be seen. The entire cavern appears to be approximately 22 miles across and 15 miles wide, and the vault’s ceiling is 10 miles high. A quick comparison of the features before you to the map provided upon entry makes evident that the map is not to scale.

You see no apparent signs of animals or insects in the Duskmire.

Perception (DC 10):
You hear the sound of raucous laughter and loud singing far to the southeast and down below.
Near the area marked “Plains” on map.

Where to, Starfinders?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

As Gil-Oloth looks around her from her couch, she says.

Strange, most of the light seems to come from... elsewhere and look! The plant seems to have been genetically modified to survive this environment.
But, what's amazed me, is that this Vault must hold sufficiently deep amounts of soil, peat, and rocks throughout the cavern for the vegetation to grow as it does! What a feat!

After a while as her couch moves to follow her comrade she hears some sound.
Hear! I've heard the sound of raucous laughter and loud singing far to the southeast and down below. Do we continue towards the Temple, or towards the sound to the south or down below?

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

Brookwillow is disappointed there are no animals to be seen. "I'd dearly like to have a conversation with any woodland creature we come across here. Hopefully we'll come across some soon. . . ."

Dataphiles

Male NG human scholar mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 20; CMD 28 | Fort +4; Ref +10; Will +1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Well, the program said to achieve dominance over the other beings here. Let's see what who or what is with us in this vault." Mobius heads toward the direction of the singung and laughing.

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

”Powers, it said powers, not beings”

Acquisitives

Female Android Exocortex Mechanic 2| SP 15/15 : HP 16/16 : RP 3/3 | EAC 14: KAC 15 | F+3 : R+5 : W-0 | INIT+3 | Darkvision | Laser Rifle 20/20
Skills:
Acro +3 : Ath+6 : Bluff -2 : Comp +8 : Cult +3 : Dip -2 : Disg -2 : Eng +7 : Intim +2 : Med +2 : Perc +5 : Phy Sci +6 : Pilot +8 : Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +3 : Surv 0

"I'm curious about what was also said as we entered, about our "sudden arrival" She finger quotes. "Were people brought here against their will, or without their knowing? Could this vault be some kind of test, as Gil-Oloth's previous experience here was an experiment?"

When Moblus takes off towards the voices, Kat hefts her rifle in one hand. "I guess we're going to find out" She says to the rest of the group.

The temple is miles away, so we may as well start at the voices. Gets my vote.

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

Brookwillow, spear in hand, whistles a soft cheery tune and follows the group wherever it's decided to go.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

As you begin to head down towards the cavern floor, in the direction of the distant laughter, the sounds come to an eventual end. Following what appear to, perhaps, be a series of trails, you eventually arrive at an area of mostly flat terrains with what now are clearly sets of trails throughout. The ground appears to be made up of several feet of peat, piled vegetation that becomes matted down and decays into a rich soil.

Despite the lack of actual sunlight, a variety of pale grasses and scrubby bushes cover the landscape throughout the area. A slight haze clings to the air continuously, suggesting that the the air here circulates slowly in this low-lying part of the cavern.

The trails lead to a ramshackle set of buildings, apparently made for human-sized creatures However, sections of many of the buildings have been demolished.

Engineering (DC 12):
The demolished portions of the buildings in the village tend to be disproportionately concentrated on entry ways and roofs.

The ground in this village is covered in mud splatters, half-eaten food, and other garbage. The buildings here are relatively squat and list to the sides, formed from stacked bricks of peat. Some of the buildings have fallen over, while others have been bashed into misshapen lumps.

A thick, lavender smoke hangs heavy a few inches above the ground.
The smoke is particularly thick here, imposing a –2 penalty on sight- and scent-based Perception checks.

Perception (DC 10):
Large, white-furred feet are sticking out from the doorways and demolished portions of some of the houses. Their positioning suggests that owner of the feet are presently laying down.
You may make a Life Science check to identify the creatures.

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

perception with -2 penalty: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25

Brookwillow points toward the ramshackle buildings and whispers to his fellow Starfinders:

"Shhhhhh! There's something over there! See those furry feet sticking out?"

life science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The ghoran readily identifies the various sets of feet as each belonging to a yeti.
@ Brookwillow - You have two questions that you may ask about the yeti.

Five yetis lie about the encampment in an apparent semi-conscious state.

Buildings and locations of the yeti now revealed on Maps.

Dataphiles

Male NG human scholar mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 20; CMD 28 | Fort +4; Ref +10; Will +1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Good job locating them, Brook. You think they're hostile creatures?", whispers Mobius as he crouches to avoid being detected.

Life Sciences: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29
Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Laying lazily on her couch, Gil-Oloth says Yeti? What are these creatures? I've never heard of such name...
But look, the building are disproportionally damaged on entry way and roof... That's strange don't you think?


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Mobius Caslan wrote:
"Good job locating them, Brook. You think they're hostile creatures?", whispers Mobius as he crouches to avoid being detected.

Mobius may ask three questions about the yeti

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

Brookwillow is going to turn on his translator so it's ready to go in case we have a close-in encounter with these furry creatures.

Questions Brookwillow ponders re: the Yetis: What are their defensive abilities? What are their offensive abilities?

Acquisitives

Female Android Exocortex Mechanic 2| SP 15/15 : HP 16/16 : RP 3/3 | EAC 14: KAC 15 | F+3 : R+5 : W-0 | INIT+3 | Darkvision | Laser Rifle 20/20
Skills:
Acro +3 : Ath+6 : Bluff -2 : Comp +8 : Cult +3 : Dip -2 : Disg -2 : Eng +7 : Intim +2 : Med +2 : Perc +5 : Phy Sci +6 : Pilot +8 : Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +3 : Surv 0

Kat, crouching with the others as they look on to the village, shoulders her weapon.

To Gil-Oloth she whispers back. "Does that mean they bashed the roofs and doors in to get whoever was inside?

Their slide doesn't look friendly

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

Seems like it says Gil-Oloth from her couch


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Brookwillow of Parkerdale wrote:
Questions Brookwillow ponders re: the Yetis: What are their defensive abilities? What are their offensive abilities?

Brookwillow knows that yeti are unaffected by the cold and have rather unsanitary claws among the threats that they can bring to bear.

Immunities: cold

Filthy Claws (Ex) This yeti’s claws are covered in dirt and grime. A creature that takes damage from one of these yeti’s claws is exposed to filth fever (Starfinder Core Rulebook 418).

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ace pilot operative (explorer) 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Ashtif also turns on his mobile translator. He looks if there is a position he can move to so that he can see into the structures, but without being seen by the yetis.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Since the yetis are on the ground, I assume that the smoke will obscure their ability to see me. I moved to where I'd like to go to look into the hut, but feel free to move me somewhere else if I can't see in from there.

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

Shelldrake watches on, simply looking for good terrain to rain fire down from if this goes kinetic.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Elf Mechanic 4 EAC14 - KAC15 | SP20/20 28/28 RP6/6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +1| F +3, R +7, W +2

Is anyone knows what language these creatures speak? Before killing them, it could be interesting to know what's going on here, don't you think?

Says Gil-Oloth

Wayfinders

Male Ghoran (Oakling) Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4 PER +10 INIT +0 EAC 12 KAC 13 FORT +1 REF +1 WILL +6

Brookwillow whispers into his comm unit, "I don't think I'm in favor of killing them at all! And besides, I'm not so sure we would be up to the job. Let's observe, and see what happens. One thing is for sure, they seem to be rather serene and docile at the moment. Meanwhile, can anyone get a handle on what that strange smoke is, and where it's coming from?"

How about an additional perception check, focusing on the smoke and its possible source.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Dataphiles

Male NG human scholar mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 19; KAC 20; CMD 28 | Fort +4; Ref +10; Will +1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

would like to know alignment, languages, and vulnerability. Just wanna know if they are hostile or they can be talked to.

1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's SFS 1-20 The Duskmire Accord 9 (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.