!GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent - Group 2

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER TWO: Night of the Frozen Shadows
Part One: Into the North
Combat Map
Loot


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,345 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

Olaff registers as Relisha mentions about a curse but he says nothing while he crouches besides Asta's body and takes her bloodied hand in his own. He doesn't turn to face Shalelu, but instead starts to remove Asta's armor and clothes slowly, as if somehow pretending she is asleep and not wanting to disturb her. Once he is finished he drops them at Shalelu's feet.

"No, she did not deserrve this death, forr it vas pointless and honorrless... forr and the s%~&ty things she did in live, she did not deserrve that..." He says, taking a deep breath while he tries to contain his rage. "I vasn't ye, ye say, and ye vould not do that, ye say, but if I underrstood it correctly, ye knew ye vas currsed... ye knew this could happen, and yet ye choose to hide this s&&# frrom us."

"Herr blood stains yer hands... I see no rreason forr ye not also coverr yerr body vith herr blood-stained clothes..." He then gives her his back, venturing forth into the tunnels to scout and clear his head.


HP 35/35 | AC16, T16, FF13 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | CMB 5, CMD 21 | Perc +11, Stl +10, SM +10, Surv +10, HA +8, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +7, d4+4+d6 | Aspect 3/6 (mins) | Active:

"I can help." Ahreni offers, pulling a simple shirt and trousers from her pack. It isn't armour, not even close, but it does the job of covering the elf's pale skin at least.

More to come when I'm not tired and can focus on a good post.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Since you decided to stay here, Olaff and Ahreni ensure there aren't any more threats nearby. A quick exploration of the caverns reveal that this basement cavern is completely explored other than the crypt. Peeking into there reveals that it is empty and without a reason to explore further.

If there is a vault in this castle, it wasn't down the set of stairs that you took down. Remembering this, you recall there is another set of stairs in the study on the ground floor that led down that doesn't seem to emerge onto this floor. Perhaps those are the vault?


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

When Ahreni offers her spare clothes she nods and takes those rather than the ones Olaff dropped at her feet. For once she is oddly quiet and doesn't respond back to Olaff's anger directed at her. Instead she goes and looks for her gear, finding her bow, pack and armor, she re-equips before falling in behind the others, a solemn expression on her face as she passes by Asta's corpse.

She will follow the others to the other set of stairs, helping to keep an eye out for any threats as they descend.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

In the back of the cavern you first encountered the tentacle beast, you find a hoard of treasure. This hoard consists of a +1 light fortification light steel shield bearing the image of Castle Brinewall, a +1 returning starknife, a pearl of power (1st level), a ring of the ram with 10 charges remaining, a wayfinder, 1,320 gp, and 800 gp in jewelry and gems and a Brinewall crest with a sun on it.

Asta's gear: +1 scale mail, heavy steel shield, 4 javelins, masterwork longsword, 97 gp.

Heading back upstairs, the group moves to the study and descends down the spiral steps. After descending for nearly a minute, you find yourself at a dead end. An iron portcullis barrs passage into the room beyond. The bars themselves are sunken deep into the floor and ceiling, with no obvious method of passing into the chamber beyond.

Perception DC 20 :
Two 5-inch-diameter circular depressions in the walls to the left and right of the portcullis are faintly inscribed with an image of the sun (to the left) and the moon (to the right).

You found a crests in the room above and one in the tentacle hoard that match these symbols.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

With her keen eyes Shalelu points out the two circular depressions inscribed with an image of the sun and the other the moon. She notes "Let's try those crests we found. They look like they would fit here."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Inserting the two crest as Shalelu The Elf notates causing the portcullis to sink into the floor, clearing the way.

Beyond the portcullis are smooth walls of stone, spattered with ancient bloodstains and deep, violent gouges. Deep drifts of dust lie on the floor, while immense stone doors hang open to the southwest, revealing two vaults with open doors beyond.

Finally arriving at their destination, the group pushes forward only to have their hearts sink in their chests, both vaults are vaults completely empty. It appears that these rooms have been looted long ago and nothing now remains in these once valuable locations.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu looks at the empty vaults with concern and starts tearing through the rooms looking for some sort of secret door or hidden compartment "This all can't have been for nothing. There must be something here we aren't seeing..."

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

She looks back to Thanara and Rel as she asks "Maybe there is some sort of magic hiding things?"


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara will scan for magic as she too looks around in a panic.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha looks frustrated, but moves to looks around the empty vaults.

"'One treasure, behind two seals in the third vault'," she says to herself. "The third vault. The third vault." She turns to the others. "There's another vault here somewhere - still hidden. We need to find it!"

The tiefling begins searching around in earnest, pressing and prodding anything that looks like it might be a trigger.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

With Relisha's reminder of the clue they received earlier, it's only a matter of time searching the room before they find what they are looking for. The secret tile is so well hidden that it takes considerable time, but eventually Shalelu spots it and pushes it in.

As the tile sinks in a grinding sounds reverberates beneath your feet as something moves underground. Outside of the vaults, a passageway opens to the east. You start moving in that direction, but Olaff calls a halt when something ominous happens.

The dust on the floor swirls into the air, coalescing into an ominous shadowy form that takes on the ghostly image of an old but handsome Tian man. Hard-eyed, but handsome, the Tian man limps out of the wall, his once immaculately-polished four-mirror armour now bloodstained and irreparably tarnished. The kabuto on his head is severely dented and caked in old blood. The man's red eyes burn with an intense, seething hatred, and he draws an ethereal katana from his side and twirls it once. He holds it aloft before settling into a combat stance, but he makes no move to engage the party. He is blocking your passage into the third vault.

Tian:
"You may not pass. Turn around and leave this place."

Anyone who took a trait with Ameiko gets a +8 bonus to the check below.

Shalelu, Relisha, Thanara - DC 25 Perception:

You recognize the wraith from somewhere. Either a portrait in Ameiko's home, the office at the Rusty Dragon, a conversation with Ameiko or perhaps the latter you took off Tsutamo. This man's face is a striking resembles to Ameiko's grandfather, Rokuru.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 8 = 32

"N-nín shì Ameiko de zǔfù ma? Nǐ shì Rokuru ma?" Relisha asks hesitantly.

Tien:
"Are you Ameiko's grandfather? Are you Rokuru?"


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The wraith’s eyes bulge and he freezes motionless at Relisha words. He lowers his sword, then says in a mournful voice "Rokuro. Tôi ... biết ... cái này ... tên."

Tien:
"Rokuro ... I ... know ... This ... name."

A moment later, he raises his arms and cries out in anguish, then turns to face the PCs, tears of dust running down his incorporeal cheeks. He says "Hãy mang con hải cẩu ra khỏi đây. Hãy mang nó đến cho con tôi"

Tien:
"Take the Seal away from here—take it to my child—it is no longer safe—and I am no longer worthy of guarding it..."

As it does this, then with another agonized cry, flies apart into dust and is destroyed. A shockwave explodes from the dust and knocks all of you off your feet to the ground, but otherwise doesn't inflict any serious harm.

Inside the third vault are three beautiful darkwood chests, all three locked and after a brief check you verify you do not possess the keys.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

"T-that was the spirit of Ameiko's grandfather, Rokuru," Relisha says and she dusts herself off and gets to her feet.

She moves quickly into the vault, looking for what could be the answer to Ameiko's riddle.

"He said to give the seal to his child - I think he meant Ameiko - and to take it away from here. That it's no longer safe. He was guarding it," she says as she attempts to open the chests. At finding the chests locked, she turns back to the others. "Can someone open these? Whatever we're looking for has to be inside."


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Before Shae can even process what is going on Rel talks to the 'ghost' which suddenly explodes and knocks everyone down. Shae's heart starts pounding as she rushes to her feet, but when nothing else comes she takes some deep breaths to calm her nerves and looks to Relisha with a questioning look. Once it is safe and Rel explains what happened and they have found the chests but no key Shae shrugs "I can't pick them, maybe we should just take them with us back to the caravan? As you said, this is the vault whatever we needed to help Ameiko must be here."


HP 35/35 | AC16, T16, FF13 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | CMB 5, CMD 21 | Perc +11, Stl +10, SM +10, Surv +10, HA +8, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +7, d4+4+d6 | Aspect 3/6 (mins) | Active:

"Open now, or take for later?" Ahreni asks, her lockpicks hanging loosely in one hand.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu looks to Ahreni with a grin and shrugs "May as well open it now, make sure there are no surprises..."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ahreni goes to work on the chests.

The first darkwood chest contains two items, a polished, masterfully-carved longbow sits in the chest, its shaft carved from the wood of a peach tree. Sitting beneath the bow is a beautifully crafted darkly colored longsword of cold iron. +1 composite longbow (2 str) and a +1 cold iron longsword.

The second chest contains a quiver with an image of a fox's head carries a complement of 50 yellow-tipped arrows, and next to it sits a 12-inch iron bar lined with small plates and spikes. Separate from the arrows and bar sits a pile of several scrolls, bundled up in a fine red cloak lined with mink fur. A quiver of 50 +1 arrows, a traveler's any-tool, a +1 cloak of resistance, scroll of fireball, scroll of glitterdust, scroll of haste, scroll of see invisibility, scroll of hypnotic pattern.

The third one contains a stone statuette of a dragon. This is, however, the last thing everyone sees before a bright green light pulses and explodes from the box with tremendous force, flying into the air and around the room. It begins to pulse as green magic flares throughout the room, and washes over the party. The force of magic crashing into your bodies is enough to lift you off your feet, and send you into unconsciousness...

---------------------

Visions flood into you where your consciousness once was. Visions of far-off lands where spirits walk with men and honor is stronger than steel. It is pristine, beautiful... and being overrun by abominations in human and more eldritch forms. A storm of blood rages in the skies, and demons stampede from the forests, trampling countless innocents underneath their heels. Their weapons and armor are strange, exotic, and wielded with deadly efficiency.

The vision blurs together before coalescing into a new one... a young man dressed in royal robes stands over a simple well, his yojimbo vigilantly watching. A psychotic grin breaks out on the yojimbo's face, and he grows three times in size. His armor stretches and shifts before your eyes, transforming into an o-yoroi crafted of the finest jade. It menaces with spikes of steel and rage. The demon draws a mighty katana and drives it through the young man's back. Betrayal.

The vision ends as a new one begins, this one of a young Tian man holding a sheathed katana out before him. A proud ancestral weapon, being sold to a richly dressed Ulfen for a bag of gold. A pittance, some would say. But it's enough to buy their escape.

The vision shifts into a new one... this one of Ameiko. No longer asleep, possessed and shivering in a humble Varisian caravan, but hale and hearty. She rises from her sleep... dressed in finery worthy of an empress, and sitting upon a most magnificent jade throne.

As the visions fade, your minds are imparted with new knowledge. You all recognized the land invaded by fiends as Minkai and you know that the man murdered by the jade warrior was Emperor Shigure of Minkai. You know that Ameiko Kaijitsu's true family name is Amatatsu, one of the five royal families of Minkai-indeed, the last surviving royal family. You recognize the young Tian man with the sword as Ameiko's grandfather, Rokuro Kaijitsu, formerly Amatatsu Tsutoku, selling the family's legendary sword Suishen to the Ulfen merchant Fynn Snaevald in the city of Kalsgard to finance his family's flight and exile. You know that Suisen is intelligent and can impart much more knowledge of the Amatatsu family's legacy if recovered. Further, you know that Ameiko herself is the heir of her line. Further, you come to realize all of the powers of the Amatatsu Seal (dragon statuette) and its warding box-including the danger of leaving the warding box open, which would allow the enemies of the Amatatsu family to once more track the Amatatsu Seal.

Amatatsu Seal:

Aura strong (all schools); CL 20th
Slot none; Weight -
This stone statuette of a dragon is one of five royal seals of Minkai, and represents the Amatatsu family's divine right to rule the empire of Minkai. Should no Amatatsus of pure blood be able to take up that charge, however, the Amatatsu Seal can invest the right to rule as an Amatatsu in any number of living humanoid hosts. These Amatatsu scions often experience a series of visions of the past, present, and possible future.

The Amatatsu Seal has a daily allotment of 5 charges that it can use to cast the following spells on an Amatatsu scion: cure serious wounds, remove curse, remove disease, or restoration. Each casting uses up 1 daily charge. Alternatively, the seal can cast heal on an Amatatsu scion, but doing so expends all 5 charges. Finally, and only at the seal's discretion, it can cast resurrection on an Amatatsu scion, but doing so renders its spellcasting powers useless for a month.

The Amatatsu Seal itself radiates strong magic, and those with the proper resources can sense this magic across oceans and continents, allowing it to be tracked across any distance. Originally meant to allow its rightful owners the ability to track it if stolen, this feature makes it dangerous to remove the seal from its warding box, for as long as the warding box is open, the oni of the Five Storms can track it.

One final ward exists on the Amatatsu Seal, confounding attempts to whisk it quickly away from its homeland but also making returning a stolen seal home an arduous task. The Amatatsu Seal can never be transported by teleportation magic or dimensional travel. It cannot be taken from the Material Plane save via special portals blessed by the gods, and character who carry the seal cannot cast or otherwise use teleportation effects.

Warding Box:

Aura strong abjuration; CL 20th
Slot none; Weight 5 lbs.
A warding box is a powerful magical container built to obscure and confound any attempt to locate objects kept inside. The box can hold one object no large than 8 inches x 8 inches x 3 inches (or up to 25 pounds) in each of its three compartments at any one time. The box's lid and additional compartments are sealed, but the box can be opened or closed as a full-round action. While the lid is closed, the warding box and all objects inside it are protected from all divination spells. In this state, no divination spell save for those employed by the gods can detect the warding box or its contents.

This concludes book one of Jade Regent, The Brinewall Legacy! Congrats!


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara staggers as the wave of powerful magic and the visions engulf her mind. When finished, she leans against the wall as she tries to comprehend what this all means.

Ameiko...is the...rightful Emperess of Minkai!?!?

She looks to the others and says ”We need to get this back to Ameiko. Now.”
__________
The Caravan:

When the caravan comes into sight, Thanara breaks into a run to go immediately to find Ameiko and check on her.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shae is surprised when Ahreni starts popping the chests open to find valuable items inside. When she pops the third chest and magic takes hold of everyone, it is all Shae can do not to loose herself again, already in a weakened mental state, however she manages to hold it together to see the visions through to the end. As Thanara calls for them to leave, Shae nods and moves to quickly close the boxes and grab one, motioning for Olaff and Ahreni to grab the others.

On their way out of town she stops by the cemetery to update Spivey and ask he to join them since there is nothing else left here in this town.

The Caravan

Shae is less enthusiastic about returning to the caravan with everything that has transpired. She walks at a brisk pace knowing the importance of getting back to Ameiko and ensuring she is ok, but she worries what the others will say about what happened, specifically involving her. More importantly, she worries what Ameiko will think when everything is revealed.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha takes a moment to catch her breath after the shock of the visions finally fades. With the exception of the warding box, which she insists on carrying herself, she lets the others carry the heavy chests out of the keep.

The detour to retrieve Spivey leaves her tapping one foot in impatience as the elf chats with the minuscule fey-like being. She seems determined to get back to the caravan - and Ameiko - as soon as possible.


HP 35/35 | AC16, T16, FF13 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | CMB 5, CMD 21 | Perc +11, Stl +10, SM +10, Surv +10, HA +8, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +7, d4+4+d6 | Aspect 3/6 (mins) | Active:

Ahreni slams the box shut so fast that the bang echoes through the room. She seems rather perturbed by the statuette and makes no argument when Relisha insists on carrying the warding box herself.

------
She is happy to see Spivvy and gives the tiny fey a smile and a wave, juggling the chest to do so and when they get back to the caravan Sandru finds himself being tackled one of Ahreni's rare hugs, a sign of just how relieved the wolf-girl is to be out of the ruined citadel.

Later, when dinner is approaching, Ahreni turns up to nudge Shalelu, offering her the bow they found in the chests. "We need to hunt." She says simply, before setting off with the elf in tow.

Some distance from the camp she slows down and turns to face the elf. "Talk to me. What happened." She commands, "We work together, so that Noisemaker is not stupid next time." Her dirty and hardened hand catches Shalelu's for a moment and squeezes with surprising gentleness. "You are not monster. Now we prove it!"


Female Human

Reaching the caravan, Spivey calls out , "Wow! That's her? And she's a QUEEN!? She's beautiful. . . ."

Back at the caravan, everyone is abuzz. It seems Ameiko has woken up and is very excitable. Everyone has struggled to keep her in bed, worried that she might hurt herself with too much activity so quickly after waking from her stupor. You can hear the energetic murmurs of conversation. Ameiko is sitting on the steps of Koya's wagon, her face pale and her expression one of shock and bewilderment. The entire caravan appears to be gathered around her, Sandru sitting next to her and Koya looks on from her wagon's door.

The young bardess looks up as the party approaches, and for a moment she's speechless.

"...there you guys are. We need to have a talk. Real quick."

Looking to Spivey, she wonders "Uhm. Who's this?"


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha's eye's open wide when she sees Ameiko awake and aware. Heedless of the onlookers, she races up and wraps her arms around the woman. "You're all right!" she whispers in her ear. "I was so worried,"

Ameiko can feel her neck growing wet as tears run down the tiefling's cheeks.

Relisha pulls away - just a bit. Enough to wipe her eyes and look into Ameiko's. "Yes, we need to talk. Should we do that here or somewhere more ... private," She gives the woman a slight smirk. "Your Majesty," she can't help but add.


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara had ran to the crowd, trying to push her way through to her best friend. But the crowd was thick and she wasn’t very strong. By the time she made it through, Relisha had somehow managed to get to Ameiko first. A pang of jealousy hit her in the gut and her heart sank just a little, but she was still overjoyed to see her friend was okay.

Thanara nodded and smiled weakly at her friend, an Emperess of all things! She knew it would be some time before the crowd dispersed enough to talk privately, though, so she made took her pack from Ahreni and made her way to her wagon and lifted it in before following suit.

Once inside, she buried her face in her pillow and let the tears flow. A mix of joy for Ameiko’s safety, terror over what she had just endured, and heart break over how she had been treated by some of her friends...and a lover...throughout the whole ordeal, as well as a fear of things to come, both personal and for this troupe she was now part of.

A not so insignificant part of her longed to be back in Sandpoint, simpler times when her biggest enemy was her father and the largest threat to her life was death by the boredom of being grounded and forced to stay in the manor for weeks on end.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu is one of the last into the camp, setting down the chest she was carrying full of gear, she walks over to Ameiko while Rel is still embracing her and gives her friend a nod then motions to Spivey "That is Spivey, she helped us in our efforts, I invited her to come along with us since there wasn't anything left there for her."

She hesitates for a moment before adding "As Rel said, we do all need to talk..." she pauses "I need to talk in private at some point..." She sees Thanara head off on her own and without another word goes to follow her. Hearing her crying inside her wagon, Shae stands outside and knocks on the nearby wood "It's me, can we talk?"

Later

Shae had already been eyeing the bow when they found it and takes it even more happy to go on a hunt with Ahrenni to test it out. After awhile Ahrenni starts asking about what happened. As she asks Shae stops in her tracks and frowns but as Ahrenni reaches out and gently squeezes her hand she takes a deep breath and looks the wolf girl in her eyes a single tear streaking down her face "I am cursed... tainted... that's what happened!" she exclaims. She pulls her hand away from Ahrenni and turns her back on her as she continues "I don't know what happened back there but... well it's a long story..."

She goes on to tell Ahrenni how she had fought a green dragon some time back. It was the same green dragon that murdered her mother. While she won in the end the fight was not without difficulty and the dragon wounded her severely. To make matters worse, back in Sandpoint Father Zantus explained that the dragon had actually put a curse on her. That's why her wounds weren't healing. Rel had been helping to treat the symptoms as best she could. When they stopped in Galduria her and Rel went to the arcane college there. They found out the curse was even worse than she could imagine, she was cursed to one day turn into the very kind of dragon that had brought her so much misery. She explains that the damn gnome said any sort of transformation should take months, and that he said he would do some research and to come check back in a couple of weeks for a potential cure, but they had to be careful because attempting to cure it incorrectly could possibly remove her elven part instead of the cursed dragon part.

By the time she is done explaining everything she is hunched on the floor her knees tucked into her chest and she is crying once again. She wasn't sure if this was part of the curse or just because of everything that had been happening but she is never usually so emotional.


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara jumped with a start when there was a knock. She was shocked when she heard it was Shalelu's voice outside. She mutters out a "Yeah...come on in..." as she sits up and tries to wipe the tears off her eyes before her stoic friend can see.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shae slowly makes her way inside, even after Than's best efforts to dry her tears Shae can easily see she had been crying. She takes a deep breath and moves over to Thanara before suddenly kneeling down and reaching out to hug her. With her face close to Than's ear she quietly talks "Thank you... thank you for reminding me that I can beat this thing. I know I give you s+%! sometimes but aside from Ameiko you are the closest thing I have to family."

She lets go of the embrace, sitting back a bit and smiles as she continues, a glint of the old Shae peeking through as she jokes "You're like a little sister that doesn't know anything and can be really annoying, but..." she gently punches Than in the arm "I still love you anyway."

With a sigh she adds "You were right though, I can beat this and I... I'm glad I have you and the others to help me through it." With another smirk she jokes "At least now when I'm being a b&&$@ you can blame it on the dragon curse right?"


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Shalelu being all emotional was the last thing Thanara expected. When she leans in and gives her a hug, the first time she can ever recall her doing so, Thanara begins to break down again. She holds onto her a bit longer when she tries to pull away. "Me too. You and her are, like, literally the only family I have now..."

When Shay makes the joke about her not knowing anything, Thanara scowls. "You know saying that doesn't help, right? I'm trying, Shay! I can't help that I didn't get to have the experiences you and Amei had growing up," she replies before pausing and adding "I love you too. You're the best big bully sister a girl could have, I guess..." she says as she rubs her eyes with the back of her forearm.

She lets out a chortle when Shay tries to give herself an alibi. "You don't get to pass the coin that easy. We all know you have been a b&+@~ longer than any of us have been alive!"


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu just starts laughing as Thanara calls her out. After a moment she smiles "So... enough about me, why were you in here crying by yourself instead of out there vying for Ameiko's attention? It's not like you have some horrible curse trying to take over your life or anything..."


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

Inside Brinewall

As Shelelu refuses to take Asta's clothes, as he expected she would, Olaff takes a couple minutes to dress Asta once more before following the others into the vault. Even if angry and sorrowful, Olaff push his feelings away in order to once more try to protect the rest of the group.

Once they venture into the correct vaults, Olaff silently admires the others as they figure out the ways to bypass the portcullis and then the secret vault. He would not have thought of those solutions but would remember this moment to, in the future when raiding another vault, he would pay more attention to these kind of tricks.

After they loot the chamber with the dead octopus fiend, Olaff caries Asta's body to the outside.

Outside Brinewall

As the rest of the group briefly discuss about returning to the caravan as immediately, Olaff declares he will remain in the castle for a couple more hours before following them. The reason is obvious when he walks away carrying Asta's body.

Moving up the hill towards the ruined lighthouse, Olaff finds a nice place under a huge tree close the ravine where he rests Asta's body with care. Slowly, he digs a grave using his hands, sword and shield. It was not specially deep. Olaff then picked Asta's body and put her in a resting position with her sword pointing down and clasped in both her hands, and with her shield on top of her legs. He cleaned the blood from her face and was about to kiss her forehead when he realized he could not do that... He was angry of her dying in a ridiculous and pointless way, specially if she was telling the truth and she left his child alone to raid. He would not miss her.

Sighing, covered her body and walked towards the ruined lighthouse, grabbing a couple stones and rocks to cover her grave in order to protect her body from eventual animals. It took him more than a couple trips to properly cover her grave. He then stood silent, knowing he should say a couple words to her honor, but finding it difficult to choose words he could say honestly. "Åh, Asta ... Du har levet et impulsivt liv, som førte til din død. Jeg har fortalt dig gentagne gange, at dette ville ske ... men du har ikke lyttet. Det gjorde du aldrig før nu. Du levede og døde modigt, og jeg er sikker på, at vi til sidst mødes igen i Jernhallen.

Hvis du fortæller sandheden, og vi har et barn sammen, vil jeg opdrage ham og fortælle ham historier om dit mod. Du skal ikke blive glemt ... gå nu og hvile. Må valkirierne guide dine trin og din rejse."

Skald:
"Oh, Asta... You have lived an impulsive life, which led to your death. I've told you repeatedly this would happen... but you have not listened. You never did, until now. You lived and died courageously and I'm sure we'll eventually meet again in the Ironhall.

If you were telling the truth and we have a child together, I will raise him and will tell him stories about your courage. You shall not be forgotten... now go and rest. May the valkiries guide your steps and your journey."

He then cleaned then walked down to the river where he washed himself, cleaning all the dirt and blood from himself before returning to where the caravan was camped.

Olaff will probably arrive at least a couple hours after the rest of the group, so will stay out of the immediate RPing.


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara paled and turned her head to the floor. ”You know that isn’t true. You know I’ve been cursed my whole life...”

She sighs and adds ”And...well...to be honest...I’m not...not dealing with all that we just went through well. We all nearly died so many times, you...you yelled at me, Olaff made a joke of my pain, then swore an oath to kill you, THEN treated someone who seemed to be a serious lover in the past like a total a##~@$@, not to mention the worrying about Ameiko the whole time. Like I said out there...I’m not cut out for all of this...”

She hangs her head quietly as she clenches her teeth, doing her best to try and not cry in front of Shalelu.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu reaches out, putting her hand on Thanara's chin and raising her face to meet her own "You are doing the best you can... Do you think I was an expert mark with the bow the first time I went out on a hunt? No it took practice and experience. You say you are cursed? That sounds like your father talking, this power inside of you maybe you just don't know how to use it yet, like I long ago didn't know how to use a bow. Either way, you're special and you just need more experience. You're not going to get that brooding in your room..."

She pauses as she realizes the jibe she just made and takes a deep breath "I promise, I will do my best to not let anything happen you out here and with that Ulfan wrapped around your finger I'm sure he will put his life on the line for you as well, for what that's worth."

She let's out a sigh after having taken another jibe before finishing. "What I'm trying to say is... you've got this too, I know you can do it. You can overcome these hardships and come out better on the other side..."


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara clearly is struggling with trying to figure out how to take Shay right now. She was used to having every little mistake criticized and ridiculed. But Shalelu clearly didn’t understand what was going on within the young sorceress, from her own curse to her relationships.

As the conversation turned to Olaff she pulled her chin away from Shalelu’s grip and mumbled ”Yeah...I don’t think things are working out with us...I mean, he makes light of my nearly dieing, and then...well...you saw how he talked to that Ulfen woman! I can totally see him treating me the same way if I don’t turn out to be the exact copy of whatever version of me he is imagining. Besides...most everyone has told me I’ve bitten off more than I can chew trying to maintain this love triangle as is. It’s probably not fair to him anyway...”


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

"Maybe not, I mean he is a brute of a man and you seem like you would do better off with someone a little more... gentle?" she shrugs and continues "I mean, you could always just use him for the pleasure if that is what you need. Just, if you aren't going to be serious about it, make sure it is clear that is all it is. Would probably make your life a whole hell of a lot easier not trying to maintain a relationship out here though."

Shae the killer of Olaffs last woman and the potential for a future woman :P


Female Human

Ameiko is awestruck doesn't know how to respond to Relisha, her eyes going wide and turning to face her squarely "Wait. What? You know? How do you know? How could you know?"

Ameiko nods to the Shalelu and Relisha, but doesn't see Olaff or Thanara. They probably are both off celebrating together, she thinks to herself as she takes Relisha's hand. Turning to Spivey she offers a weak smile and a wave "Well hello Spivey, thank you for whatever help you provided my friends along the way."

Turning to Shalelu, she says "Let's all talk after dinner once everyone is done with their more personal celebrations. I'm going to talk to Relisha now first, in private, unless yours can't wait?"


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Earlier

Shalelu just shakes her head to Ameiko as she starts to walk off "No, go ahead. I'm going to check on some other things."


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara nods her head at Shay's words. She doesn't really have any real reply for her though, her mind still roiling on everything that had went on and was said between them just now.

"Shay," she starts, "I'm sorry for what I said out there in the graveyard..."


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha follows Ameiko into the relative privacy of the woman's wagon and before Ameiko can say anything else, she pulls her in for a long, tender kiss.

"I was worried that I'd never get a chance to do that again," she says, her voice filled with emotions, her breath coming in heavy gasps. Her eyes look Ameiko up and down and it's clear that she wants to go further, but she restrains herself. "You need to know what we found first."

With stops and starts, the tiefling relays what the group discovered in the ruins of the keep. She describes in only minimal detail the physical conflicts, spending the majority of the time describing discovering the shade of Ameiko's grandfather guarding the third vault. Her voice grows softer as the vision they all shared comes to the forefront of her mind and she does her best to share it in words.

Her story finally finished, she holds forth the warding box. "The seal is in here, but I would recommend that you only open it at great need," she says. Placing the box in Ameiko's lap, she leans closer and places a soft kiss on the woman's cheek.

As she leans back, Relisha's eyes widen a little bit. "Wait," she says, "Am I still allowed to do that ... Your Majesty?" Her eyes twinkle a little in playfulness, but there's an edge of hesitation as if she doesn't know if she's crossed a line.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu shrugs "Not a big deal. I was only trying to give you a hard time, I wasn't trying to be mean... I mean... a little, but in a joking way..." She shakes her head as she continues "I'll try to do better about jibing you when you are already down... I can't make any promises but I'll try."

Eventually she stands back up and heads toward the exit "I should go check on the others, see you at dinner."


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Thanara nods to her as Shalelu leaves.

Oh gods...surely they don't expect me to fix dinner after all that...

Instead of getting up, she just laid back down in her wagon and pulled her pillow close against her and held it tight as she laid there in silent thought.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

Olaff returns to the caravan and drops the chest he was carrying along with the others but finds no sign of neither the others nor Ameiko. As he asks about their whereabouts, one of the brothers informs him that Shalelu is still out hunting with Ahreni, that Ameiko and Relisha are locked inside a wagon and Thanara in also in her wagon (along with a comment that she is late for preparing dinner). Looking into the sky and imagining if the gods had done punishing him, he decided to take a look on Thanara, even if his instinct was screaming against it. He knocks on the side of Thanara's wagon before calling from the outside. "Hey Thanarra... do ye vant to talk? Arre ye fine?"


Female Human

Ameiko embraces and returns Relisha's kiss, but it's clear that her feelings are not currently entirely focused on the tiefling. "I'm still just Ameiko, Relisha. I am not a queen or anything. Don't call me that, that's just silly!"

She takes the warding box into her hands, wanting to open it but stopping herself as Relisha explains the details. "I saw the same things you did, it's crazy right?"

Her eyes flit about as she looks past Relisha as she starts speaking about their journey. She listens intently, interrupting several times for clarification. "I need to see it. Brinewall. You've all cleared it out, yes? There is no more danger? I... It was my grandfather's home? I must at least see it with my own eyes before we leave again. Will you come with me?"


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

Hearing Olaff coming to check on her now, after everything else that had went on, sent a shot through Thanara like a jolt of electricity. She stood and made her way to the end of the wagon and threw back the flap, looking down at him angrily.

"Why do you care?" she asked before she stepped down out of the wagon, refusing any assistance. "Not like you care! You may have missed it between swearing oaths to kill one of the few people close to me I have left, but you have been a bit of a dick to me the past couple of days down in that castle! Instead of showing any care about what I was saying or how I felt, you were too busy making light of it all like what I was going through was no big deal!" she rants as she walks past him to start working on dinner.

"OH! Let's not forget how callously you treated your ex, the one you apparently were so close to that you'd go out of your way to swear such an oath, before she died!" she continues as she begins cutting up some carrots. She tossed some herbs over the cooking pot before pouring them in and then going to the storage box and taking out some salted pork and dropping it angrily into the kettle too. "Seeing all that made me seriously rethink some things, Olaff. And I don't think you and I are going to work out. You like to put on a show to get what you want, but the moment it doesn't go your way you are all too willing to treat the other person like crap, so it would seem! You only seem to care anything about that poor woman when she died and it gave you the chance to go play 'Big Bad Ulfen Honorbound Raider!'" she said as she mockingly moved her arms back and forth in front of her in a mocking flex.

As she continued her tirade, her hair began to flit about of its own accord, as if caught in a wind that no one else was able to feel...

Profession (Cook): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

LMAO! Apparently she does her best cooking when she's angry!


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

And she'll never be able to repeat it. :)

"I'll follow you anywhere, Ameiko," Relisha answers. "We should wait until tomorrow, though."

She watches the love of her life process all this with patience. She would have continued to wait if not for the heated shouting from near the cooking fire that sounded suspiciously like Thanara's voice.

"I should probably check to see if she's all right," Relisha says, regretting the necessity.

Exiting the tent, she arrives in time for her friend to finish up her tirade. Seeing that the object of the sorceress' ire is, not-surprisingly, Olaff, she stays standing to the side, ready to intervene if it becomes physical.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

Half-expecting her outburst, Olaff listens to Thanara in silence... close enough for her not to have to yell too much but far enough to be out of her knife's reach. Once she is apparently done with her rant, he turns around to leave her alone. "So ye did vant to talk. Vhen ye find yerrself in the mood to listen forr once, ve can trry this again!"

"One vorrd ye said sums up all vhat is happening: apparently. That is all ye and all the others herre know about me, vhat ye can see, forr no one carred to ask a damn frreacking question about me!" He yells in frustration. "Ye vill neverr underrstand vhat I do, until ye carre enough to see beyond vhat yer eyes tell ye..."

He then walks away to the edge of the camp to set up a watch.


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 22| F +3 R +3 W +5 (Resist Electricity 10)| Init +1| Percep +4

As he once again dismisses her concerns and tries to put the blame on her, Thanara growls in frustration and throws a half-peeled-potato at the back of the Ulfen.

Ranged Touch?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The thing flies wide and past his head, landing with a soft thud in the dirt beyond. Missing just agitated the sorceress further, eliciting another growl from her before she turned back to the cooking pot, angrily peeling the potatoes and slicing them into the stew. Between the roaring fire beneath the kettle and her agitation, beads of sweat were starting to form on her skin despite the cold and her face was quite flushed.


HP 35/35 | AC16, T16, FF13 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | CMB 5, CMD 21 | Perc +11, Stl +10, SM +10, Surv +10, HA +8, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +7, d4+4+d6 | Aspect 3/6 (mins) | Active:

Ahreni simply curls up around Shalelu, uncaring of the cold ground, and holds the elf gently for as long as she sobs. No words are needed, she just waits patiently until Shalelu is done.

"Why must it be curse?" She asks eventually, once the elf has sat back up and seems recovered. "People are not just body. We are spirit too. I am wolf, as much as human. One day I will become wolf truly. I know this inside, but will still be me, still Ahreni. Wolf and not-wolf, all me. You could be dragon and not dragon. Dragons smart and powerful, this is not a curse as long as you are strong, remember who you are. We can work on that together."

She strokes Shalelu's face gently. "I like Shalelu. Don t want to lose her."


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu looks deep into Ahreni's eyes as she explains how the dragon curse may not be a curse after all. She scrunches her brow as she considers the possibility, but then is surprised when Ahreni strokes her face so gently. Her heart flutters a moment, no one has touched her like that in a long time. Her cheeks flush and she feels warm, even on the cold dirt. Suddenly she leans in and grabs Ahreni by the shoulders pulling her in for a kiss.

She lingers in the kiss for a moment before slowly moving back and smiling. She reaches behind her head and pulls at the knot tying the string she uses to hold her hair up out of the way, letting her golden hair fall to her shoulders and her back. She takes off her pack and begins to remove her shirt, looking to Ahreni she quirks her brow and smirks, her intentions obvious, wondering if the wolf-girl wanted to have a little fun.

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,345 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.