!GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent - Group 2

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER TWO: Night of the Frozen Shadows
Part One: Into the North
Combat Map
Loot


1 to 50 of 2,365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

It's the tenth of Arodus and the sun sets on another beautiful summer day. The temperatures are still warm this late in the evening, but they are beginning to cool off with each passing day. Knowing that there are only a few days left until fall starts, the mood around town is anxious as everyone begins to set their preparations for the fall harvest.

It's been a year since the raiding of goblins, assault of the giants and scorching destruction of the dragon in Sandpoint. Things have finally begun to return to normal here as everyone puts all of the excitement behind them, all of the construction efforts finally complete.

Sandpoint is a moderate town, not as sprawling as Magnimar a day and a half of travel to the southwest, but still with over a thousand residents, several bustling industries and its own share of local color.

Some of that local color is the Rusty Dragon, one of two travelers' rest stops in Sandpoint. The Rusty Dragon takes its name from the sizable iron sculpture of a dragon that looms over the roof of the building. Time and weather have taken their toll on the sculpture, thus giving the large wooden building its name.

The owner of the Rusty Dragon is the famous Ameiko Kaijitsu, who is the scion of one of the four aristocratic families of Sandpoint. Though she also owns the Sandpoint Glassworks, she prefers to spend her time in the Rusty Dragon, chatting with patrons, swapping adventuresome tales, and occasionally regaling visitors with her musical skills.

Today, as the sun disappears over the horizon, the Rusty Dragon has its share of trade, though it's a bit underwhelming -- a pair of travelers en route to Magnimar and a handful of locals looking for a spicy dinner.

Feel free to make your entrance and have at it!


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha pushed open the door and entered the Rusty Dragon. She timidly stepped out of the way as a large man pushed past her heading out.

Probably going home, she thought to herself. And that's where I should be going. The afternoon had been long and the labor had been difficult, but she'd been able to save both new mother and child. She felt that she owed herself a reward and a cool mug of ale before she returned home would just fill the ticket.

And if she was able to watch her for the duration of the drink then that was just a nice bonus, wasn't it?

She was behind the bar chatting casually with Kendra, laughing at something the mayor had said.

The tiefling slipped into one of the tables pushed into a corner and the older woman cleaning up one of the nearby tables almost didn't see her, but her stool creaked and the tired woman turned and smiled at Relisha's presence.

"Evenin' 'Isha," she said with a smile, brushing the last of the broken peanut shells onto the floor. "Kara have her baby?"

Relisha gave a small curt nod. "A little boy. He's beautiful," she said quietly, her eyes looking down at the table. Lana had been working at the Rusty Dragon since before she could remember and she'd always treated her well.

"Oh, Datale is probably over the moon. A son," Lana said with a sigh. "Did you want something?"

"C-could I ... uh ... could I have an ale?" Relisha asked, her eyes flicking over to watch her.

"Sure, Hon. Just one, though, you look beat," Lana answered before heading off to pass along the request to her - Ameiko. Relisha blushed and tried to keep from looking down at the table when the dark-haired woman looked up from her conversation with Kendra and smiled at the tiefling before turning to fill a clean mug with the amber fluid. She passed it back to Lana with a wave and then returned her attention to the mayor.

Lana set the mug on the table in front of Relisha and clucked her tongue at the started look the timid girl gave her. "'Isha, you need to ...." The girl looked up at Lana and pulled her brown hair over the right side of her face in an habitual gesture.

"What?" the girl asked finally when it appeared that the woman wasn't going to continue. "Nothing," Lana said with a sad smile. "You just drink your ale and get on home now, ok? You need to rest."

Relisha nodded silently and drew the mug into her hands as her eyes stole back across the room to watch her.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”UUUUGGGHHH!!!” preceded her as Thanara pushed her way through the door to the Dragon. Her heels clicked across the wooden floor as she made her way to the bar beside the mayor and Ameiko, the flaps of her dress swaying angrily as her legs batted them to and fro as she strode across the room.

She gets to the bar and leans on it with one elbow, shooting a meaningful look to Ameiko as she arrives. She gives the mayor a nod. ”Why does he have to be such a magnificent prick?” she asked rhetorically. There was little room to doubt that she meant her father, as she usually did.

Her voice softened as she shared a whispered retelling of her most recent argument with him with the mayor and Ameiko. After a few short minutes, it seemed she had gotten it off her chest enough to calm herself to a low simmer. She took a glass of wine in her hand and said ”Sorry for barging in. I just...you know,” before she raised the glass in a toast to the two and took a sip as she stood up and started to walk away. Her eyes met Relisha’s in her seat at the corner table and she started heading her way.

She helped herself to a seat beside her and crossed her legs. ”Evening Rel’. I assume things went well?” she asked her somewhat sourly.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha nods wordlessly as she draws her mug closer to her and takes a sip out of it to occupy her mouth. When it seems that Thanara expects more, she sets the drink down and reaches up to tug at her hair again, ensuring that her taint is hidden.

"Kara had a little boy," she says finally. "There were some ... complications..."

Images of blood and labored breathing. Datale's panicked face. The knife edge between life and death.

The tiefling's hand moves to massage her abdomen as if soothing an ache. "... but they're ok now." Her eyes move up to look across the way at Ameiko and then flash guiltily to the beautiful girl sitting next to her. "I'm just having this and then I'm going home," she says as if feeling the need to explain herself.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”If they both lived...then they didn’t really have complications then,” Thanara says flatly as she takes a sip of wine and stares gloomily into the air, her eyes not focused on anything in particular.

Relisha’s movement causes her eyes to turn her way just in time to catch her, again, ogling Ameiko. She smirks and says ”Why the rush? The view is so nice here, don’t you think?” she teases a bit as she bounces her foot of her crossed leg to an unheard tune.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha's face turns a blotchy red as she blushes. "I ... I need to go home and rest. It was difficult." Her eyes return to the mug in her hand that's still almost full. "The view is nice, though," she manages to squeak out along with a small smile as she glances up again at the nearby tavern-owner.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”Indeed it is,” Thanara says as she watches Relisha basically undressing her friend with her eyes. She considered to continue to rib at her, but decides to let it drop for now.

”So...aside from saving lives,” Thanara adds sarcastically, ”What have you been up to? It’s been a few days since I saw you”


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

"Oh, not much," Relisha says, taking another sip of her drink. "It sounds like you had another fight with your father," she counters, deflecting the question. "What was it about this time?"


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

Thanara rolled her eyes as she took another sip of wine. ”He heard some damned rumor that I was shacking up with some Ulfen in town over at the Feedbag. Had to come hunt me out and try and lecture me on how much of a disappointment I was...not in those exact words but that was the take away.”


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha frowns. "I don't understand how he could think you were a disappointment. You're so ... so p-pretty," she says with a quick glance at her companion. She takes another drink. "I can't image someone not being happy at having you for a daughter."

She reaches down to nervously adjust her rough linen skirt.

"He should be thankful that you're not ... I mean ... he should be happy with who you are."


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

She turned her head a bit towards Rel at her mumbled compliment and arched an eyebrow. The side of her lip curled as she added ”Well, it probably didn’t help that I’ve been at the Feedbag flirting with that Ulfen fella that’s been in town the past few days,” with a conspiratorial wink.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha giggles unexpectedly, but quickly covers her mouth with her hand. "Is a handsome one?" she asks, looking around nervously.

I should really get home. Mama's gonna be so angry as it is. This is so nice though. Almost like I was a normal girl.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

Thanara shrugged dismissively ”He’s not suitable by my father’s standards, so it worked. He pisses me off, I piss him off, and round and round we go,” she replies with a sigh.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Frowning, Relisha takes another drink from her mug and tugs at her hair. "I'm sorry you don't get along with your father," she offers. "I know it's not fun to argue with your parents. When my father's angry with me I get sick to my stomach. I can't imagine doing something to intentionally make him mad."


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

.


HP 7/35 | AC16, T16, FF13 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | CMB 5, CMD 21 | Perc +11, Stl +10, SM +10, Surv +10, HA +8, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +7, d4+4+d6 | Aspect 3/6 (mins) | Active:

The rear door of the tavern, the one leading back to the stable, opens with a bang and a scruffy looking figure with long dark hair marches in with a long metal pick in one hand and tossing a small chip of stone in the other.

"Got it." She says, dropping the chit next to Ameiko at the bar. "Your piebald had this in his hoof. He'll be better now. Give him some warm bran mash - he deserves it. He was brave." The figure turns and is heading back towards the stableyard when Ameiko stops them. The conversation is too quiet to hear but the figure soon has a mug and walks briskly across the room to sit against the wall, near the two women at their corner table.

She, because from closer inspection the figure is female, nods to both women and then sprawls across the stool in a very masculine pose. She takes a deep draft of ale and even from ten paces the smell of horse is remarkably strong.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha's eyes lift up when Ahreni enters from the back and briefs Ameiko on the state of 'Patches', the piebald gelding that the tiefling always takes a minute or two to say hello to each day.

When the tomboy takes a seat near them, Relisha reaches out to touch Thanara on the arm. "Excuse me for just a moment," she says in apology before rising from the table. She steps over to where Ahreni splays out in her chair.

"Hey, um ... I just wanted to thank you," she says softly. "Patches has been unhappy lately and it sounds like you found out why. Can I buy you another one of those for doing that?"


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

The front doors of the Rusty Dragon open and a hulking man enters the common room... with about 6 and a half feet tall, long blond hair, blue eyes, and the body of a seasoned warrior, Olaff is the classic stereotype of an Unfen from the Land of the Linnorm Kingdoms. He looks around and upon noting Thanara, he fix his eyes on her as he walks towards Ameiko and orders two mugs of ale. The first one he chugs with little effort and follows it with a sonorous burp. He then cleans his wet beard in the sleeve of his shirt before grapping the second mug and sitting besides Thanara.

He eyes her coldly. "Ye got me firred girrl. Iborr just told me yer fatherr doesn't vant "the bastarrd that has been scrrevin' his daughterr", his vorrds Iborr says, vorrkin' forr him anymorre... He drinks another big gulp of his mug before continuing. "Now, if I vas actually humpin' ye, I vould be alrright vith it... but since I'm not, ye got to make the old man give me vorrk back, orr get me anotherr vorrk..."


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

Thanara eyes the Ulfen as he makes his way to the bar, then over to the other side of her. As he makes his rant, Thanara didn’t make any change in her facial expression, but a perceptive eye would note the muscles of her bare stomach tense a bit in subconscious fear. But she had a damn good poker face.

”Please, Olaff. That is hardly my fault. You were flirting with me just as I was with you. So I’m hardly to blame. Besides,” she says as she twists in her seat and drapes her legs across his lap, ”who cares what my father thinks?”


HP 7/35 | AC16, T16, FF13 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | CMB 5, CMD 21 | Perc +11, Stl +10, SM +10, Surv +10, HA +8, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +7, d4+4+d6 | Aspect 3/6 (mins) | Active:
Relisha Tamm wrote:
"Hey, um ... I just wanted to thank you," she says softly. "Patches has been unhappy lately and it sounds like you found out why. Can I buy you another one of those for doing that?"

"Patches is happy now. Good horse. Brave." Ahreni replies, drinking deeply and then nodding to Relisha's offer.

The drink arrives and Ahreni takes it and stares into it for a long time. Then she looks up, seemingly surprised that Relisha is still there. Her darkened skin flushes slightly and she seems to search for a word.

"Thank you."


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha chuckles in a friendly way. "It's good he was brave 'cause he's usually just a big scaredy cat." She glances over to where her mug sits next the to sorceress', but then takes in the woman shamelessly flirting with the big Ulfen - Olaf, she assumes. She takes a breath and then without giving herself a chance to change her mind, she takes a seat next to the stable-girl.

"I mean a sparrow got into the stable the other day and I thought Patches was going to knock down the gate he was so scared," she says in a voice filled with conspiracy. "I could almost hear Lady laughing at him."

She tugs at her hair over her face. "You're Ahreni, right?"


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.
Thanara Scarnetti wrote:
"Please, Olaff. That is hardly my fault. You were flirting with me just as I was with you. So I’m hardly to blame. Besides," she says as she twists in her seat and drapes her legs across his lap, "who cares what my father thinks?"

"Flirrtin'? Vhat the f@!% is this flirrtin' thin' ye say I vas doing to ye? I do not know this vorrd ye arre usin', but I have a feelin' it doesn't mean humpin'..." Olaff replies while he looks to Thanara's legs in his lap, deciding if he moves them or not.

"Vhat yerr fatherr thinks means less to me than a horrse's farrt, but I do not some coins!" He drinks some more ale, accidently dripping some on her leg. "So... aside frrom a bonerr, I fail to see vhat I'm gainin' frrom this whole s*!%..."


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

Thanara’s eyes narrow at the drops of ale on her thigh as Olaff continues his rant. ”So, the pleasure of my company isn’t enough? Olaff, I’m hurt,” she says in mock disdain.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

A lithe elf, with a toned physique slowly finds her way down the stairs at the inn, placing her weight heavily on the banister as she navigates the steps. Her sun-bleached, blonde hair is tied back in a ponytail making it easy to see several deep colored purple contusions on her face. Her top is cut short exposing her midriff where there is bandages wrapped and bound around her abdomen that are clearly covering a still healing wound with the visible signs of scarlet staining it in places. A short sword is in a scabbard at her hip.

When Amieko and Kendra notice her coming down the stairs in such a state they immediately stop their conversation, its obvious they weren't aware the elven woman had been upstairs, though for anyone who has been around Sandpoint over the years it wouldn't come as a great surprise that Shalelu snuck into town unnoticed. The woman came and went as she pleased, though she had never looked so banged up before. Whatever trouble she had found herself a part of, it seemed to have gotten the better of her. Amieko starts to move toward the stairs to try and help her friend, but Shalelu noticing Ameiko shakes her head and just says "I've got it." Amieko hesitates but then moves back to where she was standing.

Eventually reaching the bottom of the stairs she looks toward the corner table where a tall Ulfen man sits with the beautiful and obnoxious Thanara draping herself across his lap. She glares at them for a moment, as they are taking up her usual seat and sighs as she rolls her eyes and moves toward the bar "Hey Amieko," she pauses and nods her head to the mayor "Mayor," she turns her attention back to Ameiko and continues "Sorry I've been away so long, something I had to attend to. Can I get some food and a couple stiff drinks? It's been a rough few weeks."

Without waiting to chat she makes her way over to an open table close to the corner table she usually sits at. That side of the room just had better vantage points and she felt more comfortable there. On her way she bumps into a chair causing her to stop abruptly with a pained look on her face. Taking a deep breath she continued on until she found her seat. Crossing her arms on the table she laid her head down as she waited for dinner and a couple drinks that she hoped would help to numb the pain a bit.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.
Thanara Scarnetti wrote:
Thanara’s eyes narrow at the drops of ale on her thigh as Olaff continues his rant. ”So, the pleasure of my company isn’t enough? Olaff, I’m hurt,” she says in mock disdain.

"Ye arre hurrt my ass... and no, it is not enough. Vhat am I? I pimp coverred boy, barrely avay frrom his motherr's t+!&, forr ye to tell prrovocative vorrds, thrrow smiles, make poses and show some skin, and expect forr me to do vhat ye vant and jerrk off laterr?" Olaff gets up abruptly, almost unbalancing Thanara, going to get another mug of ale, while eying the beaten elf.

As he awaits for Ameiko to fill his mug, he throws his voice to the elf. "Quite a beatin' ye took, elf... have ye beat 'hem back, orr arre ye in need o' some help? Thanks to the girrl overr therre I'm in need o' some sparre coins, ye know?"


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”Hey!” Thanara says with a start as Olaff tosses her legs aside, causing her to nearly slip off her seat! She readjusts herself and settles back into it as he begins talking to Shay, who clearly had taken a beating somehow. Hearing him proposition her for a job, she scoffs.

She gave as good as she got, I’m sure. And could give you more than you could handle, ya Ulfen jack ass.

She wiped the ale off her leg before it caused it to get too sticky, then turned her attention to her wine glass. It didn’t pass her attention that she was now sitting alone.

As usual.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Without bothering to lift her head, knowing she is the only elf in the room, she calls back "Well the thing who did this is dead, so I promise I gave more than I received..." As Ameiko's assistant brings over some food and a bottle of nearly clear liquid with a small glass she raises her head and nods to the woman "Thanks." Pouring a glass she raises it to Amieko with a smile and tosses it back.

Seeing Olaff standing as he waits for a drink she comments "Well a big fella like yourself, I'm sure you could find work at the docks or maybe even talk with the sheriff about some guard work." She shurgs as she pours another glass of the clear liquid and shoots it "There are always the caravans that come and go too. You may be able to find some work with one of them."

Looking back to her plate she smiles slightly seeing the delicious meal before her, and starts to eat.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha frowns as Shalelu makes her entrance. "Excuse me a moment," she says to Ahreni and before she can answer back the tiefling is up from her seat and making her way over to the elf's table.

"Um..." she begins hesitantly. "May I?" she asks, her hand extended as if to touch Shalelu's arm. Her visible blue eye looks at the woman nervously. Without waiting for a response, the eye closes and she speaks a quiet prayer to the Dawnflower and gently touches the slender arm.

cure light wounds

Warmth moves through the elf's body soothing the aches and pains and fading the bruises.

"I hope you feel better," Relisha says shyly before tugging her hair down over her face and returning to the table with Ahreni.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

As Relisha comes over to Shalelu and infuses her with magical healing, the elf isn't quick enough to stop her, likely from her injuries. As Relisha goes to move back to her table Shalelu grabs her arm that she just used to heal her. "I didn't ask for your help." she states pointedly and then pushes the girls hand away. She looks up and see's Ameiko giving her the standard 'be nice' look and she rolls her eyes before turning to Relisha and sighing "Thank you though, but it isn't really going to do much to help..."

She shakes her head and pours herself another shot before tossing it back and returning to her meal.

Relisha:
You notice that while some of the bruises lighten up, it seems that your magic isn't nearly as effective as normal. Whatever is ailing Shalelu is deeper than just mere external injuries.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

"I-I'm sorry," the tiefling stammers out. "I d-didn't mean to ..." Her gaze immediately goes to the floor and she takes a deep breath.

"I apologize and beg your forgiveness," she begins in a steadier voice. It sounds almost like a mantra. "I should never have imposed my corruption upon your life. I will make amends and petition the Dawnflower to accept my penance." The words flow from her lips as if spoken thousands of times.

Without another word or even a look around, the woman turns and makes her way out the door.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu quirks her brow at Relisha as she recites her mantra and heads for the door. She had seen the girl around but didn't know her all that well and wasn't particularly interested in getting involved. She goes back to her food not really giving it a second thought until she can sense Amieko starring daggers at her, she looks up and meets Amieko's gaze. Recognizing the look as the 'go make up' look Shalelu shakes her head and calls out to Amieko "Really? I'm in the middle of eating..."

She turns to look at Thrana sitting at her favorite table and then smiles to herself "Hey Thrana, why don't you go and apologize to the girl for me? I'm sure even you can see how injured I am, it would be appreciated rather than letting my food get cold and trying to limp after her..." she pauses before adding in a jab "I mean it's not like your doing anything right now anyway right?"


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

Thanara shoots Shay a ”Seriously?” look as Rel rushes out of the Rusty.

She sighed and thought to herself, ”Why do I always have to be the NICE one?” before downing the last of her wine and getting up and following after Rel. She looks over her shoulder and without stopping replies ”You know damn well it’s Thanara.”

Once outside she says ”Hey! Wait up Rel,” as she casually strolls behind her to close the distance. Once beside her she says ”Don’t worry about her. She’s just a centuries old b~~*+ who needs to get over herself.”


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

After Thanara rushes off after Rel Shalelu shots Ameiko a grin and calls out to the Ulfen man "It's not a job, but mind helping me move tables?" She will grab the bottle of spirits and the shot glass, hoping the Ulfen man will move her food over as she switches tables to her favorite one in the Dragon. She stands up and holds onto her side in pain, still with the bottle in her hand before inching over to the other table.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

"No," Relisha answers without stopping. "I shouldn't have ... I should have just went home. It's my fault. It's always my fault. I should know better." She stops for a moment and turns to look at the woman next to her. "Thank you, Thanara. You're a good person. You should go back to the tavern. You shouldn't be associating with someone like me." Her hand reaches out to touch Thanara's arm, but pulls back at the last moment.

"I must go home now and seek penance," she says with a nod.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

Olaff shrugs, resting his mug on the table and then taking the elf's plate. Noticing a particularly juicy piece of meat in her plate, Olaff doesn't think twice before tasting it before handing it back to her.

He then sits with her on the table.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”Oh b@+#@$!s with all that religious crap,” Thanara says with a wave of her hand. ”Shay was just being rude. Wasn’t any of it your fault. Look,” she adds as she steps in front of Rel, ”If you want someone to take a notice of you, you gotta make yourself noticeable. Catch my drift?”

She looks her over and says ”Alright...come on,” as she hooks her arm through Rel’s and starts walking her back down Market Street and past the Rusty Dragon.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha looks over her shoulder towards home as Thanara leads her along. "I don't know if this is ..." As she notices people watching them her eyes move to the ground. "Where are we going?" she finally asks without looking up.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”Makeover day, sweetie. We’re gonna break you outta that shell,” Thanara says bluntly as she leads her towards the road out of town across Sandpoint Bridge, the road leading back towards the manors of the noble families. Namely Scarnetti Manor.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

Shalelu eyes the man as he takes a bite of her dinner. She doesn't say anything as he saved her from having to get up again, and just went back to eating, allowing the man to sit at the table. She more than happy to sit there and eat in silence.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

Thanara leads Relisha into Scarnetti Manor without hesitation, passing by a couple of the workers and maids in her father’s employ. ”My room is just upstairs,” she says over her shoulder as she makes her way up the stairwell.

Thanara’s room is lavishly decorated, but in a dark, somber motif. The walls are painted in a shade similar to that of a looming storm cloud. Here and there are actual scorch marks on either the wall, the furnishings, or on one of the posts of her large, four post bed.

Once in her room, she slips the long sleeves off of her arms and turns and hands them to Relisha. As the last one comes off, her attire shifts from the revealing dress to a pair of breeches with a cropped leather top. ”Here. Put these on, then think to yourself of something you’d like to wear. Your clothes will change and turn into that.”


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

The tiefling takes the magical sleeves tentatively. "Oh, I wouldn't know what to ..." She trails off and then looks at the sleeves more closely. Hesitantly, she pulls them up her arms.

She stands for a moment, looking off into the distance. "I remember when I was little, my mother wore ..." Her eyes close and her clothes shimmer for a moment before shifting.

In a moment her rough skirt and blouse are replaced by a cream-colored gown, accented with pale blue. The robe is close-fitted and shows off her curves without showing any flesh. The sleeves are long and extend to her wrists and the neck is a high collar. On the chest between her rounded breasts is the sunburst of Sarenrae.

Her eyes open and she looks down at herself with wonder. "It's just like I remember," she says in a soft voice. One hand reaches out to lightly touch the sleeve. Her eyes close again and a pained expression crosses her face. "I can't. I'm not ..." With a sudden movement, she pulls the sleeves from her arms and hands them back to Thanara. Her clothes returning to their shapeless simplicity. "It would be blasphemous for me to wear something like that."


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”Blasphemous? To wear nice clothes? Honey,” Thanara said with a hand on her hips, ”If that’s the case then most of the world is bound for the Abyss. Put them on. I have another pair,” Thanara says insistently. (Enjoy a pair of Sleeves of Many Garments, lol)

She looks to her make up table and thinks a moment, before stepping over to brush Relisha’s hair back. ”The whole town knows about your unique features, so trying to hide them would just bring more attention to them. So there isn’t much sense in make up,” she says mostly to herself as she slips on another pair of the sleeves which she retrieves from a drawer. ”But, there is one thing we can do to accentuate them.”

As she slips the second sleeve on, her clothes shimmer and shift back to her earlier outfit. ”If the sun were going to be out a bit longer, we could work on getting you a tan. But, maybe tomorrow. For now, let’s see what you’d look like with one,” she says as she pats the make up chair for her to sit.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha starts as the woman brushes back her hair revealing the gold eye underneath. One hand quickly moves to pull the hair back, but at Thanara's glare she puts her hands back down submissively.

When Thanara hands her the sleeves again, she doesn't put them on, but holds them awkwardly as she watches the sorceress.

She eyes the chair nervous when Thanara indicates for her to sit, but after a moment of indecision she takes a seat. "W-what are you going to do?" she asks nervously.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: none.

Even with a couple mugs of ale down his throat, Olaff was no fool, and he knew when to shut his mouth, so he waited for the elf to finish her meal, finished yet another mug. Once she was finished, he took her plate to the counter and ordered another mug for himself.

Back at the table, Olaff tried once more. "So, lady elf... I can't take a carravan guarrd job, because I gave Ol' Niska my vorrd that I'd look afterr Koya. Also, I'm a varriorr... I vound ashame the momorry o' my fatherr and grrandfatherr if I alloved myself to grrow fat and soft in a meaningless job."

"No, I'm interrest in the job ye arre doin'..."


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”Would you just trust me a moment. Put those back on and put yourself in an outfit just like mine,” she says as she puts her hands on her hips, waiting.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 3 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 47/47 | F +8 R +7 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (Low-Light)

After she finishes up her meal and Olaff takes her plate, she pours her self a final shot and gives the bottle to Olaf to take back to Ameiko as well. As he returns and continues to talk about work Shalelu shrugs "I don't do what I do for money. I do it because it needs to be done."

She leans back a bit in her chair and looks up at the ceiling for a moment as she continues "Though with everything that has happened Sandpoint doesn't need me nearly as much as it used to. Truth be told, between my recent recuperation and the town managing itself pretty well now I've been thinking of trying to take a journey somewhere new."

She sighs and stares at the ceiling a bit longer before looking back to Olaff. "I don't remember you from the last time I was in town. What is a northman like you doing so far south, other than looking for work and looking after an old woman who is pretty capable in her own right?"


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

The tiefling's eye's glance down at the woman's dress before going wide. Her face turns a blotchy red again and she shakes her head. After another moment of Thanara glaring at her, she relents, pulling on the sleeves and closing her eyes. Her clothes shimmer again and are replaced with the much more daring dress the sorceress wears. Her legs move close together and her arms move to cover her chest.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

Thanara turns her to face the mirror at the desk and says, ”Okay. Don’t move,” as her eyes develop some tendrils of electricity to their sides and some small arcs dance along her fingers. She then begins motioning with her hand over Relisha as she carefully does her work.

Bit by bit, Relisha’s skin takes on a golden hue as if she had spent the past few days bathing in the glory of the sun (Prestidigitation to just color your skin bit by bit). Once she is done, she brushes Relisha’s hands down to her sides and says ”There. Was that so bad? What do ya think?”


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 4 | HP 43/43 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5 | Initiative +1 | Perc +7, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 6/7, 2nd 3/3 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 4/4 | Wand CLW: 17

Relisha opens her eyes and looks at herself in the mirror. Her hands move up again to cover the skin the dress exposes, but there's a small smile as she turns her face this way and that. One hand moves up as if to pull her hair back in place, but she pauses. Instead of grasping at her hair, she moves up to gently touch the side of her face near her gold eye. "No, not so bad," she says in a voice soft enough to almost go unheard.


AC 11 FF 11 T 10| HP 12| F +1 R +1 W +3| Init +1| Percep +2

”See?” Thanara says with a triumphant look on her face. ”Problem is that will fade after about an hour or so. You’ll have to do it the old fashioned way if you want it to last longer. You can come over tomorrow about noon and join me for some mid-day sunbathing. A few days worth of that will get you that color that will last for several days at a time,” she says as she turns the young priestess around to get a look at her handiwork from all angles. ”Ameiko has joined me probably a hundred times or more here on the balcony over the years.”

She turns her one last time to face her and says quietly ”If you want to catch her eye, showing some confidence in yourself is a start. And showing off a nice tan is definitely a subtle move of confidence.”

1 to 50 of 2,365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.