GM Cellion's Dawn of Flame AP

Game Master Cellion

Handouts
Maps
Loot Log

INITs:
[dice=Marisol init]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Flint init]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Sammad init]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ordyt init]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Belmarniss init]d20+2[/dice]
---
[dice=Enemy]d20+8[/dice]

Current Date: Pharast 21, 321 AG


5,701 to 5,750 of 5,938 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>

Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 9 | SP 58/58 HP 58/58 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 4; Ref: 9; Will: 7; | Init: +3 | Perc +9, SM +13 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 2/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad sees Ordyt's opponent stagger and decides to capitalize, sending a pair of shots their way.

Zero pistol, double tap + imp get 'em: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Cold damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Mari Bot:
Mari takes careful aim at green and then shoots twice in quick succession.
Zero Rifle, Combat Tracking, Deadly Aim, full: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 4 = 22 Damage (C): 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Zero Rifle, Combat Tracking, Deadly Aim, full: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 4 = 14 Damage (C): 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
-
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 5) + 5 = 13
A precisely targeted double tap from Sammad and red finds himself bathed in deadly frost. As he falls unconscious, he tumbles from the catwalks to the ground below. Mari lands one hit on green, further weakening them.

Inside, the blue azer tosses her rifle aside and rushes for Ordyt, drawing a heavy maul as she approaches. Taking the weapon in two hands, she throws herself into a powerful overhand swing. Her foot catches on a dent in the catwalk and she almost stumbles directly into Ordyt. While she's able to catch herself, her swing is entirely ruined. The green ifrit squeezes off another laser beam at Mari, this time scoring a direct hit (4 dmg after resist), before backing off toward the door that leads further into the building. Mari easily powers through the minor injury thanks to her fire resistance.

In the lookout tower, the sniper lower his rifle and draws a ridged baton in another. You see the weapon begin to vibrate. He takes on a defensive stance, looking to extend the fight. Meanwhile, Flint continues to bleed.

|||| INIT ||||
Mari (4 dmg)
Flint (32 dmg, bleeding 9pts)
Sammad
Ordyt (60 dmg)
Bel

Green Ifrit Soldier (33 dmg)
Blue Azer Soldier
White Azer Sniper


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

Still bleeding, Flint floats into the sniper’s tower defensively and takes a pair of fast swings at the sniper. He is hoping to give Belmarniss a clear shot as he does so. As his eyes glow brighter, he says to the azer, ”Not wearing a collar, are you?”

(Haste allows the move action and full attack)

Solar Scimitar Full Attack Flashing Blades: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
slashing and Magic Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 4) + 20 = 35

Solar Scimitar Full Attack Flashing Blades: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
slashing and Magic Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 1) + 20 = 33

…but his hasty swings connect with nothing but air…

(dice bot really hates me this combat)


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic8 l KAC26 EAC24 l 81/81sp 61/61hp (5hp; +2/rd) l RP7/8 Resist Fire 5 l F +7, R +4, W +10, Ini +6 l Perc. +15, SM +15 l Spd45 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions:

Silently thanking Sarenrae for his good fortune as the azer warrior stumbles, Ordyt pivots and counterattacks viciously with a pair of well-aimed stabs towards her throat.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 4 = 27 Damage: 4d4 + 15 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 4) + 15 = 26

Attack #2: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 4 = 30 Crtical: 8d4 + 30 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3, 4) + 30 = 53

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss jets up to the tower to land next to Flint.

Is that going to be a single move or double move?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

You tell me Bel. As I said before, you have 80ft remaining to reach either the front door or the tower.

Flint slashes twice, but finds the sniper agile enough to evade both of his hasty attacks. Inside, Ordyt capitalizes on the azer's fumble, with his second stab slamming through her throat. She's left to clutch at the fatal wound as she staggers backward and collapses.

|||| INIT ||||
Mari (4 dmg)

Flint (32 dmg, bleeding 9pts)
Sammad
Ordyt (60 dmg)
Bel
Green Ifrit Soldier (33 dmg)
White Azer Sniper

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Okay, that means I won't get there yet because double-move is 60 ft.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:
Star-Knight Belmarniss Rycast wrote:
Okay, that means I won't get there yet because double-move is 60 ft.

So maybe move 30 feet and shoot, so you can charge in 60 feet next round and melee attack?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

I'll hold off on botting since we still have 3 that haven't acted.


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 9 |SP 45+15/54 HP 56/56| RP 9/10 | EAC 24; KAC 26; Elec Res 5, Fire Res 9 | Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +16, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day, Recall 3/day | Active conditions: See Invisibility

Appreciate the patience.

Taking the hit in stride, Mari fires off two more shots at the only enemy left standing in the room with them.

Zero Rifle, Combat Tracking, Deadly Aim, Full: 1d20 + 15 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 2 - 4 = 17
Cold: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 = 18

Zero Rifle, Combat Tracking, Deadly Aim, Full: 1d20 + 15 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 2 - 4 = 17
Cold: 1d8 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss continues flying towards the melee, outstretching her hand and firing off a blast from the soul projector at the sniper!

Move 60 feet, fire Soul Projector, taking 3 HP damage.

Arriver Soul Projector: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 223d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) = 8


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Botting Sammad:
Zero Pistol double tap + imp get em: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 Damage (C): 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

GM Screen:
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33 3d4 + 12 + 5d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 12 + (4, 8, 1, 4, 2) = 38
Mari lands two frosty beams on the remaining ifrit standing next to the door, both just barely penetrating the soldier's armor and injuring him. Sammad's shot impacts the fellow's chest, turning him rigid as frost grows over his body. He collapses with a solid clunk.

With the defeat of the ifrit, there aren't any more guards inside, though the alarm continues to blare and the door leading deeper into the complex seems to be unlocked. Outside, a pulse from Bel (Remember that I OK'd adding weapon specialization to this weapon.) strikes the side of the sniper's arm.

Ignoring the minor wound, the sniper twirls his incapacitator baton, then leaps up into the air with astounding agility. He kicks off a ceiling beam and drives the baton down into Flint's shoulder. (Dealing 33 bludgeoning after DR) Flint is left reeling (Off-target 1 round) and also continues to bleed.

|||| INIT ||||
Mari (4 dmg)
Flint (74 dmg, bleeding 9pts, off-target 1 rd)
Sammad
Ordyt (60 dmg)
Bel

White Azer Sniper (17 dmg)


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

Shocked by how powerful the melee attack is from the sniper, Flint floats over the tiny room’s staircase down to block the azer’s escape and swings twice again!

Solar Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 2 = 23
Solar Scimitar Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 6) + 20 = 37

Solar Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 2 = 15
Solar Scimitar Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 2) + 20 = 33


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic8 l KAC26 EAC24 l 81/81sp 61/61hp (5hp; +2/rd) l RP7/8 Resist Fire 5 l F +7, R +4, W +10, Ini +6 l Perc. +15, SM +15 l Spd45 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions:

As the last enemy standing topples over with an icy crunch, Ordyt opens his commline to Flint and Bel. "First room cleared, securing the door. What's your status?" Even as he asks, the oread is moving towards the door to head off any potential counterattack.

Moving towards the door but NOT opening it. Going by the map, it looks like the door is up by the catwalks, is that correct? If not Ordyt'll vault the railing and use his jetback to descend. Once he's by the door he'll Ready to melee attack anyone coming through it.
Readied Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 Damage: 4d4 + 15 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) + 15 = 22

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Dealing with the sniper, but it looks like he's giving Flint a challenge!" Belmarniss replies as she finally reaches the tower and alights, her junksword forming in her hand as she slashes at the sniper!

Move action to finally reach tower.

Junksword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 9 |SP 45+15/54 HP 56/56| RP 9/10 | EAC 24; KAC 26; Elec Res 5, Fire Res 9 | Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +16, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day, Recall 3/day | Active conditions: See Invisibility

"Define 'challenge,'" Mari says, taking a moment to activate her energy shield, then reaching out to open the door to the base of the tower. "I'm coming up!"

Standard to activate shield for 14 temp HP, move to open the door.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Yep Ordyt, northern door is up at catwalk level while the southeastern door is ground level.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 3d4 + 12 + 5d8 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 12 + (2, 5, 5, 3, 4) = 35
Up in the lookout tower, Flint lands one good slash upon the sniper before the azer ducks under the follow-up. The sniper blocks Bel with a swift, acrobatic kick, then spins back to face the solarian. Inside, Ordyt readies to strike at someone trying to approach from the north. Mari opens the south-eastern door to the base of the tower.

Inside, you find the ground floor of the tower is a well-stocked office littered with tchotchkes and keepsakes. Several austere stools, a desk, a few crates, and a small booth with a portable sonic latrine and shower stand on a browning lawn of what looks to be real grass. Light panels on the wall illuminate the ground area but not the ceiling high overhead. On the eastern wall, a ladder leads up into shadow.

Standing next to the desk is a nuar with two sets of fiery horns atop his head. He wears a small pair of glasses on his nose and is dressed in light armor in a typical Castrovelian style, rather than the military get-ups of the other soldiers you've fought. He holds a bulky, overcomplicated dueling sword in one hand and holds a grenade in the other. He speaks up in common "Now, look see here, you're not supposed to be back in these parts. In fact, I'd hazard you're not supposed to be this far inside the sun! If it's all the same to you, I'd appreciate if you could leave." (Nuar pic in handouts)

Up in the tower, the sniper uses the momentum from his spin to launch into an unpredictable series of feints that end in an uppercut against Flint. Flint is able to just barely pull back and out of the attack.

|||| INIT ||||
Mari (4 dmg, 14 thp)
Flint (83 dmg, bleeding 9pts)
Sammad x2
Ordyt (60 dmg)
Bel

White Azer Sniper (54 dmg)
Nuar "Clerk"


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

Not sure of the exact rules on this, as Flint is just now out of stamina points and into hit points, but three rounds of 9 pt bleed feel like Hp damage…Glow of Life heals 27 hp, which should take care of the damage the bleed has done so far…

His eyes continuing to blaze with holy fire, Flint calls upon his Solar manifestation to heal the damage done by the bleeding flechette (1 RP heals 27 hp as a move action, Glow of Life). Recovering a bit from being off balance last round, he slashes the sniper twice more!

Solar Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Slashing Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 1) + 20 = 28

Solar Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Slashing Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 5) + 20 = 37

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss sheathes her free hand in electricity and grabs at the sniper, hoping to finish the fight quickly!

I assume they have electronic gear to grant me an advantage?

Jolting Surge: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 294d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 2) = 15


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

@Flint: Although bleed just deals generic damage, I'm OK with it being treated as direct HP damage that you can heal with Glow of Life. That said, the move action from haste can only be used to move your speed. I've assumed that you instead went for just a single attack to get the heal.

With coordinated attacks, Bel delivers a sudden jolt while Flint slashes the sniper's side. The fellow staggers back but stays standing. With a glow, Flint's wounds seal back up, ending his bleeding in the process.

|||| INIT ||||
Mari (4 dmg, 14 thp)

Flint (56 dmg)
Sammad x2
Ordyt (60 dmg)

Bel
White Azer Sniper (97 dmg)
Nuar "Clerk"


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic8 l KAC26 EAC24 l 81/81sp 61/61hp (5hp; +2/rd) l RP7/8 Resist Fire 5 l F +7, R +4, W +10, Ini +6 l Perc. +15, SM +15 l Spd45 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions:

Turning back from the door as he hears the nuar speaking, Ordyt vaults the railing and drops to the ground with a burst from the jetpacks easing his fall.

"Since you're talking, I hope that's a sign you're willing to be reasonable. We'll accept your surrender if you would rather not die for the cause," he calls to the nuar, without lowering his rifle. "You know what? I could have phrased that better, forget I said anything. My associate will handle the negotiations."
Aid Another Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Move, then readied shot if/when he decides not to surrender.
Readied Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Damage: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 9 | SP 58/58 HP 58/58 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 4; Ref: 9; Will: 7; | Init: +3 | Perc +9, SM +13 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 2/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad cocks his head towards the door as he hears someone speaking to Mari. "Oh? Is someone finally willing to listen to reason? I'll be right there!"

He moves into the room, lowering and holstering his pistol as he sees the nuar. "Greetings! Would you believe you're the first Legionnaire we've encountered who hasn't tried to shoot us on sight? I find that very promising, personally." He gives his biggest most beaming smile, careful not to show his predatory teeth. "I'm Sammad Al-Fayir, Emissary of the Al-Fayir Cooperative. Could I have your name?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31

Expertise: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.
GM Cellion wrote:
With coordinated attacks, Bel delivers a sudden jolt while Flint slashes the sniper's side. The fellow staggers back but stays standing. With a glow, Flint's wounds seal back up, ending his bleeding in the process.

"Tough son of a defrex..." Belmarniss growls.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 3d4 + 12 + 5d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) + 12 + (3, 3, 8, 6, 6) = 43
While Bel and Flint continue their fight up in the lookout tower, Sammad and Ordyt try to engage the nuar clerk. The fellow looks greatly put at ease by Sammad's smile - a good thing too, because Ordyt's talk of death and surrender had him gripping the hilt of his dueling sword tight. He nods to Sammad "The name is Grunph. Just Grunph. I don't have no fancy titles, you see. Right now though, I'm on the clock, and that means repelling intruders. We even just got an all-points bulletin earlier today to watch out for you. You're from the Archipelgo, right? Me too, before I hired on here. Hehe." His words fall out in a nervous cascade.

"Anyway, I've got a job to do here, right now, and that job's technically killing you all, but I'd settle for a bit of peaceable partin' of ways. How about it? Especially if you turn around and leave. That way I'll also get to keep the job. Maybe get a bonus?" He grins, realizes its not the time for a joke, and swallows.

Up in the tower, the sniper feigns being off-balance for a moment before lunging at Flint. His weapon strikes with an immense vibrating impact against the same wound that Flint just healed up, opening it right back up again. (Dealing 38 damage after DR and bleeding for 9 once more)

|||| INIT ||||
Mari (4 dmg, 14 thp)
Flint (103 dmg, bleed 9 pts)
Sammad
Ordyt (60 dmg)
Bel

White Azer Sniper (97 dmg)
Grunph


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

Staggering from the brutal assault, Flint uses his jetpack to circle carefully behind the deadly sniper (Guarded Step) and flank it with Belmarniss. Bruised and bleeding, he realizes that another assault like that one will likely kill him…But he fights on resolutely, simply declaring to Belmarniss, “For Victory!” as he slashes twice more!

Solarian Scimitar with Flashing Strikes and Flanking: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23
Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 3) + 20 = 33

Solarian Scimitar with Flashing Strikes and Flanking: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23
Damage: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 5) + 20 = 32


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 9 | SP 58/58 HP 58/58 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 4; Ref: 9; Will: 7; | Init: +3 | Perc +9, SM +13 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 2/day | Active conditions: none

"Your "job", Grunph, is keeping people in slavery. And harnessing the suffering of those slaves to power a weapon of mass destruction pointed at the Archipelago." He pinches the bridge of his nose, then composes himself.

"Now you seem like a reasonable sort, so if being an accomplice to fascists and murderers doesn't appeal to you, it's not too late to join the righteous side. Hells, if money's what you want, we could work out a deal for salvage rights on the Legion's tech. It'll fetch a pretty penny, of that you can be sure."

He extends a hand towards the nuar, his expression earnest.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32

Expertise: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic8 l KAC26 EAC24 l 81/81sp 61/61hp (5hp; +2/rd) l RP7/8 Resist Fire 5 l F +7, R +4, W +10, Ini +6 l Perc. +15, SM +15 l Spd45 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions:

"Not to mention--the Archipelago is part of the Pact Worlds, if the Legion attacks it they'll draw a response from the entire Pact. Do you really want to be in the middle of that? Sammad's right, there's plenty of opportunity to make some money without that sort of risk."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

I'm helpin'!

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.
Captain Flint Conners wrote:
Staggering from the brutal assault, Flint uses his jetpack to circle carefully behind the deadly sniper (Guarded Step) and flank it with Belmarniss. Bruised and bleeding, he realizes that another assault like that one will likely kill him…But he fights on resolutely, simply declaring to Belmarniss, “For Victory!” as he slashes twice more!

"For the Heart," Belmarniss replies with a grim smile as she hacks at the sniper to try and finish him!

Junksword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 161d8 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Up in the tower, Bel distracts the sniper for just long enough to create an opening for Flint. Two slashes later, and the sniper is down and out.

Inside the building, Grunph shrugs "Well I don't know about any weapons pointed at the Archipelgo, but you could say I'm not too squeamish about the rest of it. When you're for hire, you can't let some kinda morals get in the way of making money, right?" He looks between you, clearly expecting you to agree "Anyway, if you're paying better than they are, that's a different story. How's 10,000 credits and a ride out of here later suit you? Paid up front, of course. That's just about the amount left on my contract."

Up in the tower, Flint continues to bleed.

|||| INIT ||||
Mari (4 dmg, 14 thp)
Flint (112 dmg, bleed 9 pts)
Sammad
Ordyt (60 dmg)
Bel

Grunph


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

Moving back into the tower, Flint draws and drinks a healing serum, saying, ”That was closer than I’d like. Thanks, Belmarniss.”

Healing plus stop the bleed: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Swift action at the end of his turn to deactivate the haste circuit.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Incidentally, Flint healing himself means we're out of combat rounds, though you're still on the clock.


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 9 |SP 45+15/54 HP 56/56| RP 9/10 | EAC 24; KAC 26; Elec Res 5, Fire Res 9 | Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +16, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day, Recall 3/day | Active conditions: See Invisibility

Mari frowns at Grunph's demand of up-front payment.

"The ride we can do, easily, but how up-front are we talking? We don't usually make a habit of assaulting Legion bases with huge piles of cash in our pockets, after all."

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.
Captain Flint Conners wrote:
Moving back into the tower, Flint draws and drinks a healing serum, saying, ”That was closer than I’d like. Thanks, Belmarniss.”

"Anytime, Captain," Belmarniss replies before radioing down to the others.

"Sniper down. Status report?"


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

"Up front is up front. If you're not good for the whole sum now, we can talk about half-now, half-after some service is rendered. That's also pretty typical." Grunph's eyes are sharp, watching your faces, in his element negotiating rates.


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

Flint quickly strips the downed foe of easily accessed weapons and items while Belmarniss communicates with the others. As hard as they hit him, those weapons might be powerful enough to give them and edge in the ongoing fight.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic8 l KAC26 EAC24 l 81/81sp 61/61hp (5hp; +2/rd) l RP7/8 Resist Fire 5 l F +7, R +4, W +10, Ini +6 l Perc. +15, SM +15 l Spd45 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions:

"There's a nuar here. He hasn't surrendered, he wants us to pay him to switch sides instead." Ordyt speaks softly into his helmet in order to not interrupt the ongoing negotiation, but his annoyance is clear.

I'd like to assess Grunph to see if he's just stalling us.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 9 | SP 58/58 HP 58/58 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 4; Ref: 9; Will: 7; | Init: +3 | Perc +9, SM +13 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 2/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad sighs at Grunph's continued haggling. "Listen, we're on a bit of a time crunch here, Grunph. Stand aside for now, and we'll extract you on the way out and make sure you get paid. If I'd known anybody here could be bribed, I'd have brought funds."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Huh, we got a potential turncoat," Belmarniss says to Flint. "Let's get down there."

She radios down to Ordyt.

"Tell him I can write him a reference with House Rycast or something...I don't like providing my family with assets, but they pay their mercs well...if only to avoid situations like the one he's providing us with."


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

After grabbing the equipment, Flint quaffs another med serum and follows Belmarniss down the steps.

Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Flint finds a very nice assortment of gear: a phantom-class assassin rifle, a refraction perforator pistol, an incapacitator, a set of d-suit III armor, a jetpack, an assortment of strange and inedibly spicy food, and a steel-plated key card.

Down below, Grunph frowns at Sammad "That doesn't leave me with any kind of assurance, does it? I'm going to need a nice tidy down payment or deposit or we don't have a deal." As he speaks, the alarm running through the facility silences. He looks up, makes a show of listening in. "Looks like they're ready for you. You could probably use the extra muscle, don't you think?"

Ordyt doesn't get the sense that Grunph is being disingenuous or deceptive. He seems to be forthright in his attempted negotiation.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Have we arrived with the rest of the group yet?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Sure!

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Catching up with the group, Belmarniss waves to Grunph.

"You must be the merc I've heard of. Star-Knight Belmarniss Rycast of the Knights of Golarion...and possibly more important to you, scion of the House Rycast business empire," she says to introduce herself.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic8 l KAC26 EAC24 l 81/81sp 61/61hp (5hp; +2/rd) l RP7/8 Resist Fire 5 l F +7, R +4, W +10, Ini +6 l Perc. +15, SM +15 l Spd45 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions:

"Assurance? You're an enemy combatant," Ordyt growls. "A merc who's offering to turn his coat, no less. I wouldn't trust you to have my back since you've shown what your word is worth, but I would rather not kill you if it can be avoided. On the ground, hands behind your head. No extra payday, but you live to spend the Legion's money."

For real though, we just killed four people, it wouldn't hurt him to surrender but it might to keep this up!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

When Bel appears, Grunph looks at her in surprise "Oh, the drow lady they mentioned. The name's Grunph. If you're connected to the Rycast business, then you know all about equal, decent business negotiation, right? Your friends are, uh, thinking they can get things for free." When Ordyt turns aggressive, he shies back "No can do, sir. It's clear as the everlasting daylight outside that my current employer won't be understanding of a little quiet surrendering. Or you know, I would have done that already." He nods "You sure we can't cut a deal here?"


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 9 | SP 58/58 HP 58/58 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 4; Ref: 9; Will: 7; | Init: +3 | Perc +9, SM +13 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 2/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad snaps his finger to get Grunph's attention. "Eyes on me, the 'drow lady' isn't the diplomat of this outfit. Now I've outlined our terms and you don't seem interested. And my friend is right-I extended diplomacy assuming you were coerced in some way, but you're clearly just a mercenary. And not a very sensible one."

He casts a slow glance around the room towards his comrades. "Unless your secret plan is to turn this into a 5-on-1. In which case I bow to your obviously superior strategy, the workings of which I can't even begin to guess at," he says with dripping sarcasm and a nonchalant shrug, finally flashing his predator's grin.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 9 | SP 81 HP 67 | RP 7/8 | EAC 23; KAC 25; DR 5/-; Fire Resist 9 | Fort +7; Ref +4; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +12+1d6 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft fly| Active conditions:

Nodding at Sammad, the worn and bleeding captain emerges from the stairwell with some high-end sniper equipment. He looks at the mercenary with thinly disguised disgust and says, ”Finish this quickly, Ambassador,” as he holds out the equipment for the party to grab if they can use it.

Intimidation Aid: 1d20 + 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (7) + (1) + 18 = 26

Leaning against the wall and taking deep breaths, Flint says to Ordyt quietly on the comms, ”If they are set up for us to come at them this from here, perhaps we should disable their security monitoring and fake an assault from this directions, but enter with our true force from the side door…”


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

"Urk, fine, fine! I give up." Grunph eyes Sammad and Flint nervously. Then abruptly, he vanishes. Mari, whose visual processors let her see invisible creatures with ease, spots nothing where he was just moments ago.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 9 | SP 59/59 HP 49/49 | RP 7/8 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 (+7) | Resistances Fire 2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will); Holy Attack (2/day) | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 5/5; 3rd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss blinks.

"That won't come back to bite us," she says, a hint of snideness creeping into her tone.

5,701 to 5,750 of 5,938 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cellion's Dawn of Flame AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.