[Gameday VIII - PFS CORE] GM nightdeath 09-14 Down the Verdant Path (CORE)

Game Master nightdeath

Maps on Google Slide

Initiative:

Titus Tiberius [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Desynthia Medzen [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Faeria, the Mad [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Jing Hao [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Theron Randallas [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Enemy [dice]1d20[/dice]

Perception:

Titus Tiberius [dice]1d20+12[/dice]
Desynthia Medzen [dice]1d20+0[/dice]
Faeria, the Mad [dice]1d20+0[/dice]
Jing Hao [dice]1d20+0[/dice]
Theron Randallas [dice]1d20+3[/dice]

APL: 2.0 (Low)

Bets (Jamila): Jing Hao, Desynthia Medzen
Bets (Falbin):
Bets (No one): Titus Tiberius,Faeria, the Mad


1 to 50 of 279 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Having arrived to Bellis via riverboat, Venture-Captain Brackett of the Almas Lodge has provided each of you a letter explaining the mission.

Spoiler:

My Fellow Travelers, Strange weather has taken hold in a part of the Verduran Forest, south of the town of Bellis. Falbin, a gnome herbalist who serves our interests in the region, has reported tropical winds and abundant floral growth.

I invite you to explore and record the phenomena to the best of your abilities.

I’ve arranged passage for your party on the riverboat Freewind, and sent an operative ahead so Falbin knows to expect you. Falbin can be hard to spot, since he’s shorter than the average gnome, but his voice carries like a church bell. If all else fails, use your nose—I’ve never seen the fellow without a fat satchel of herbs at his side.

Safe Journeys,
Venture-Captain Brackett

The Sellen River bears a multicolored blanket of fallen leaves upon
its broad surface, but the Freewind’s bow scatters them as it glides
towards Bellis. Though the logging season has ended, the town
still buzzes with life.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

Heavenly dot

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
nightdeath wrote:
A letter is hand delivered to you by a curious looking goblin attempting to look like a gnome and failing terribly.

"Heheheh." Faeria giggles at the obvious hallucination. She's been fooled by better.

Or was it a dream?

Faeria rolls out from under bush she was sleeping in covered in fall leaves. The three once-colorful, now threadbare dresses she wears matching perfectly with land's vivid autumn colors. She looks around and realizes she is not exactly sure how she got here... wherever that is.

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 2 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 8/20| F +5 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

"I am absolutely famished. Can we possibly get lunch at an inn or something?" He was a tall man, with a long scythe on his back. He had a top knot and blue robes beneath his black lacquered breastplate. He wore a pince-nez.

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

Titus is a well dressed human with an asmodean symbol around his neck, at his feet a big serpent, hissing when someone get to close to his master.
Titus bows accordingly to each of his fellow Society members and says in a melodious voice.

Greetings, I'm Titus Tiberius please to meet you all.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬

"Oh!?" says Faeria. She jumps, shocked to discover there are real people about. "I'm Faeria. Heheh."

Faeria extends a hand out in greeting to the space just to Titus's left, and then moves it up and down as if she was shaking hands with someone. She then nearly shakes hands with everyone else. "Hmm, 'Absolutely'.... Is that Kelish?" she asks the space next to, and a little down from the man she will be calling 'Absolutely Famished' for the rest of the adventure.

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

Seems likes it's time to found this gnome, this Falbin.

Looking around, Titus stops a man walking nearby and asks him. I'm sorry to disturb you good sir, but do you know where we can found Falbin the gnome? We are looking for him.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

random rolls for party 4d20 ⇒ (19, 14, 10, 14) = 57

Finding Falbin is apparently far easier to find then one might think.........
You'd actually hear him before you see him as your search leads you to the stands on the steps of the Bellis Library, arguing with a stately female humanoid with gold eyes and intricate henna tattoos.
A bird with magnificent plumage perches on the woman’s shoulder.

You're all able to overhear part of their debate before either of them notices your approach; specifically, you hear Falbin insisting,
“The druids are to blame, I’d bet anything,” while the woman shakes her red mane, saying, “Think bigger! There’s more to this than your old grudges.”

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

The white haired young girl (who presented herself earlier as Desynthia Medzen) is waiting patiently for the discussion between the gnome and the red haired magnificent woman

I would NEVER dare to get some tatoos... but these are beautiful.

If she is spotted, she grins and waves to the duo

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

It doesn't take long for the duo to spot you as they cease their argument and Falbin responds to Desynthia's wave with one of his own.

"Greetings pathfinders. I am Falbin your contact for this mission and this here...." Falbin begins before he is interrupted.

"is a friend of Ashasar, the chief liaison between the Pathfinder Society and the Concordance." states the woman.

"I'll be your guide to the Verduan Forest and she....." Falbin points to the woman, "is tagging along as well. Should you have any questions, Feel free to ask. I'll answer as best as I can though I caution that we're not so helpful in the fighting should any occur. We'll have to rely on you as it is."

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local or nature) 10+::

The vast Verduran Forest teems with druids, fey, and treants, many of whom clash with the Andoran-based Lumber Consortium over their clear-cutting practices.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local or nature) 15+: :

One reason for the Verduran’s high population of fey is the thin border between the forest and the First World, a plane of reality where fey can live forever.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local or nature) 20+::

Enclaves of druids perennially cause trouble for loggers in the Verduran Forest. Although the most feared cabal are the Primordial Ones, a feral gang from Briar Henge has been sniffing about the woods to the east, transforming into giants and ambushing loggers.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local or nature) 25+::

The forest’s fabled affinity with the First World sometimes attracts those who wish to exploit extraplanar magic. Tales tell of hapless arcanists who open gates to the First World only to unleash more than they bargain for. These gates are often accompanied by sudden and fantastical spurts of growth among the local flora and fauna that planar scholars refer to as blooms.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬

"Oh! Is that where I am?" Faeria looks about. She had been expecting the vast desert of Osirion.

GM:
knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

Gather Information: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

I've heard there are tensions and troubles between the local lumberjacks and those who worship Nature, including faeries... But I do not know the extent of these troubles.

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Having discussed with some people before, Titus knows a little bit about what's going on here.
What can we do for you? What's the problem here ? I imagine trouble in the forest, but precisely, how can we be of assistance?

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
Desynthia Medzen wrote:
I've heard there are tensions and troubles between the local lumberjacks and those who worship Nature, including faeries... But I do not know the extent of these troubles.

"It is because we are so close to the origins of reality." Faeria says looking directly at Desynthia. In that moment Faeria seems completely sane, her glassy eyed stare replaced by a look of stark clarity, and of terrible, dawning realization.

"The lies are all thin here, and the truth has set some free." She looks fearfully at the forest around them, and does not giggle.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

"Well...." Falbin begins.

"The weather is acting strangely in Verduan Forest. I saw it, clear as my own nose, and felt it on my goose flesh. About 3 miles south of Bellis—a fine spot to gather pokeroot, even in autumn—everything suddenly gets hot. Summery. I dare say, even tropical! The flora overflows. It’s a jungle out there!"

"My companion here despite his best guesses fails to explain that we don't know enough to hazard a guess and thus your presence here. I for one am here to accompany yo if you don't mind after all an extra pair of eyes won't hurt." says the woman.

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

You're welcome to join my Lady.

A weather problem ? That's strange, I agree. Lets go there and study this anomaly.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

"The edge of the weather phenomenon is 6 miles south of Bellis,
would take about 2 hours if we stick to the paths."
Falbin states as he leads the group out.

Barely 2 miles out before Falbin and the lady begins their debate once more and it grows heated as finally Falbin throws out a challenge!
"I swear by the chins of all gnomes and this bag of 150 gold pieces that the Briar Henge druids are responsible!" his eyebrows twitching in excitment, as he produces said bag of gold.

The lady responds in kind with a grin, producing a large tourmaline gem.
"I'll take the challenge with my stand that a portal is responsible for this extraordinary weather phenomenon."

Falbin takes a deep breath before turning to the group.
"Well?" he begins.
"I'll take up any and all challengers to my theory and if you disagree, I'll bet a tanglefoot bag against every 50 gold piece you put up."

The golden eyes lady is quick to respond in kind, pulling out a scroll.
"My bet would be a scroll of Elemental speech for the same amount." she waves that scroll.

They both look expectantly at you.
To bet or not to bet? Which side would you choose? *Drum roll*

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

Well it could be both.

Says Titus. no bet

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Assuming no other bets... if there is, just add it in your posts.

2 miles south of Bellis the landscape changes.
Chilly fall winds become balmy zephyrs, and bare trees yield to junglelike growth.
Although the undergrowth sometimes covers the path, it has not progressed enough to create difficult terrain.

"Such a incredible change and sooner then I expected! This should back up my claims as flourishing plants have no business growing in this climate." he grins now in triumph.

Checks that can be made
Knowledge (georaphy or planes)
Knowledge (arcana) or Spellcraft

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
Titus Tiberius wrote:

Well it could be both.

Says Titus. no bet

"Or neither!"

Checks I can make.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 2 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 8/20| F +5 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

knowledge local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
"You haven't given us your name, milady," Jing says adjusting his pince nez. "I suppose for our sakes, I hope it to be a portal. My law partner is a druid, and the power to control the weather would be far far outside our ken."

bet the portal.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

Know arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

You would never know Desynthia has some magical powers, as she offers one ridiculous theory after the other, babbling and forgetting what she wanted to say.

For her, the resulting climate is due to the flatulences of giant sized fluffy invisible rabbits from outer space. She even says one was befriended once, and called Harvey.

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

1d20+5
1d20+5

It's strange that the dice expression is not working ...

As Titus interacts with the strange weather, he tries to determine its nature.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Dice for Titus 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Dice for Titus pt 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Can't see your skills in your char bar so I'll just go from the top.

As Titus and Faeria both calculate the rate of the verdant zone’s expansion.
You both realize that the unnatural growth seems rift driven based on its current rate.

The lady smiles as she faces Jing Hao.
"I was wondering if all pathfinder agents were either aloof or not curious enough to learn one's companion's name. I am Jamila."

Faeria can see that the vines underfoot closely resemble an augmented version of entangle, a favorite spell among druids.

Last chance to enter your bet before letting you inform your guides and then moving on.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

I Don't want to point out a finger at someone, druids or not, before full knowledge of the facts. This scroll of elemental speech could be Handy, if you Don't mind me taking a bet.

Desynthia is ready to bet with Jamila

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
Titus Tiberius wrote:

[dice=Know. geography]1d20+5

[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+5

It's strange that the dice expression is not working ...

If you Reply you can seem them. It seems to be working now.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
nightdeath wrote:

As Titus and Faeria both calculate the rate of the verdant zone’s expansion.

You both realize that the unnatural growth seems rift driven based on its current rate.

"Oh no! It can't be! Not Rifts!"

nightdeath wrote:

The lady smiles as she faces Jing Hao.

"I was wondering if all pathfinder agents were either aloof or not curious enough to learn one's companion's name. I am Jamila."

Faeria draws Hao off to the side. "Don't believe her, Mr. Famished. The voices are always saying things like that to me. Believe me. I know a hallucination when I see one."

"Look!" she points down.

nightdeath wrote:
Faeria can see that the vines underfoot closely resemble an augmented version of entangle, a favorite spell among druids.

If Hao (or anyone else) looks she slaps them (or tries to), and says in an unnaturally loud voice. "WHAT LARGE MOSQUITOES THERE ARE IN THESE PARTS! heheh."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

She then pulls the looker aside again. "Don't look like you're looking! Do you want them to find out? The corn has ears. It's just waiting to entangle us in its deadly maize." She winks (poorly).

nightdeath wrote:
Last chance to enter your bet before letting you inform your guides and then moving on.

I'm sure there is some staggering amount of Ricearoni, or a home game, or something we could take away from this, but gambling is not really of much interest to Faeria at the present time. So I'm good.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Falbin face tells it all.
Jamila's theory seems to be taking hold as the pathfinders either side with her or abstain.

Faeria sets a scowl of Falbin as she reveals through her own way that the unnatural growth seems to be related to rifts.

Giving Jamila to spot a large smile as her theory seems proven but that very same smile is wiped by Faeria's enigmatic words as she tries to take a look only to get rebuffed by Faeria's slap and then slightly confused as she begins talking in riddles. It takes both her and Falbin time to realize that Faeria has also proven that perhaps Falbin's theory has some merit.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Shortly after the party enter the verdant zone, they reach a clearing where shaggy mushrooms sprout up to 5 feet tall. The soil here is gray, a stark contrast to the normal brown soil in the surrounding area. A few pools of water dot the landscape, each roughly 6 feet deep. Squares with mushrooms in them are difficult terrain.

Two enormous frogs hunt for prey among the overgrown mushrooms. They have bright, corkscrew-shaped tongues and skin that changes color constantly. They glance at each other and hop around while emitting a series of croaks.

Sense Motive DC 18:

It may seem strange but you notice that the Frogs seem to be communicating to each other. Perhaps if you understand what they are saying......

Map pushed to the front of slides.
Please place avatars inside red dotted box.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"I sense there are frogs nearby."

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Yes, you can see them. says Titus who adds I can try to calm them.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Those are quite big frogs. Do you think they are dangerous?

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

Know. nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Titus tries to remember one thing or two about the creatures.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
Desynthia Medzen wrote:
Those are quite big frogs. Do you think they are dangerous?

"Don't know. I haven't licked one yet." Faeria says to the space to the right of Desynthia. "Heheh."

knowledge (nature, frog's legs recipes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

The frogs finally notices you and Jamila ushers Falbin to the side giving the party ample room to defend against the hungry frogs.

Initative:

Titus Tiberius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Desynthia Medzen 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Faeria, the Mad 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Jing Hao 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Theron Randallas 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
First world Giant Frog 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 x2

Round 1
Theron Randallas

First world Giant Frog
Jing Hao
Desynthia Medzen
Titus Tiberius
Faeria, the Mad

Bold may move.

Titus knows that these frogs are First world denizens though they are giant frogs.
They have some resistance to magic, cold and electricity.

Faeria knows that the frogs can grab with their tongues and swallow anyone their size or smaller.
Being denizens to the first world, if killed they'll simply reappear somewhere else in the first world within 10 days.
Frog legs go well in stew with herbs or plain fried served with sauteed mushrooms.
You also know what Titus knows as well.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

Theron rushes forward and tries to take out the frog in one swing.

To the stewpot with you!

attack, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 171d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12sorry...thought i dotted in gameplay...my bad...can't move token...on phone

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Round 1
Theron Randallas
First world Giant Frogx2
Jing Hao
Desynthia Medzen
Titus Tiberius
Faeria, the Mad

Bold may move.
Theron - 10 dmg
Frog (red) - 12 dmg

Theron's rush sends his longsword cleaving deep into the frog's body and it's shriek rings out among the mushrooms.

It attempts to bite him!
Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Grab 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Its mouth opens and grabs onto Theorn! Looking at its shifting legs, it's likely to try shoving Theorn into its mouth and swallow him whole.

The other frog leaps into action as well.
Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Though it doesn't grab Theron as well, its bite is sure to leave a mark on the fighter's torso.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬

Faeria skips forward (like wizards always do), says a word of magic "Khanfetti!", and scintillating light erupts from her fingers to engulf the frogs.

CL check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

She casts color spray (Will DC 17).

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

Stop fighting!

Titus casts calm animals Will DC15

HD affected: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

CL vs Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
CL vs Other: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Holding for Jing hao and Desynthia..
Those two spells could make a difference.

Dark Archive

Gentleman 2 AC19(T11,FF18) CMD13| HP 15/15| F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1, Perc +12, Sense Motive +4 |

@GM they could wait to see what our spells have for effect !

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
Faeria, the Mad wrote:

Faeria skips forward (like wizards always do), says a word of magic "Khanfetti!", and scintillating light erupts from her fingers to engulf the frogs.

[CL check]1d20+3

She casts color spray (Will DC 17).

CL vs the other (more southerly one): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Sorry forgot. The earlier roll is for the northerly one.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

Desynthia waits to see the effect of the spell used by the more experienced magic users.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Color Spray
Green Will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Red Will Save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Calm Animals
Green Will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Red Will Save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
That is true....
Battle Ended....

With both spells impacting both frogs, they fall to the ground unable to defend themselves from the full effect.

Knowledge (History/local) DC 15:

You recall recall that Briar Henge druids often employ giant-sized versions of animals, frogs included.

"Ha! Fey Frogs. This is an indication that my theory holds true and this phenomenon is caused by a rift!" Jamila crows in delight.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬

Takes 10 for either knowledge skill for a total of 18.

Faeria considers licking the frogs while the small little birds she sees orbit their heads. She notes the fact that the amphibians are Frogs of Unusual Size (F.O.U.S.s for short) and puts the information in the same mental filing cabinet along side the information about the vines she recognized earlier.

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 2 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 8/20| F +5 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

Jing blinks as he couldn't even get his scythe out before the spellcasters took care of these frogs..

"Well done."

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 2 Init+2 HP 4/12 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+1 R+2 W+2 Perc+0 Spd30 HevFire 7/7 Wand Summon Monster CL 3 9/50

That's a real, nice, neat trick.But we should take care of Theron's wounds now

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

A brief search turns up a stone shining among its companions on the floor beneath some mushrooms.

Detect Magic and Spellcraft DC 15:

A Pearl of power (1st level)

As the party regroups and tends to their wounds, Jamila wanders around towards the frogs and dispatches them swiftly.

"I trust that my theory now holds stronger then yours yes?" she smiles in triumph towards Falbin.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 3 | hp 16/20 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +9, KnDun +9, KnGeo +8, KnHis +8, KnLoc +8, KnNat +9, KnPla +9, KnRel +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 0/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
Jing Hao wrote:

Jing blinks as he couldn't even get his scythe out before the spellcasters took care of these frogs..

"Well done."

"I usually deep fry them."

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 1, HP 15/15, AC 19; T 12; FF 17; F +4, R +2, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +3

Would one of you mind using my curative twig on me? Hang on to it...I am prone to charging headlong into battle...just ask Desynthia...she knows... he smiles, grunting in a bit of pain, feeling a possible cracked rib.Hopefully it isn't broke...but bruised is bad enough..

1 to 50 of 279 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII - PFS CORE] GM nightdeath 09-14 Down the Verdant Path (CORE) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.